Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 20, 2018 8:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Kirito and Eugeo are getting along really well.

In the meantime, we also got some info dump on the sword that Eugeo has been carrying. Kinda interesting to hear more of the world's history from their conversation. There's a lot of character relationship building this episode.

I even got a sense of mystery from the episode. Also, goblins showed up :o
Stark700Oct 20, 2018 8:23 AM
Oct 20, 2018 8:25 AM

Nov 2007
More time w. Eugeo guy. Then lunch. Talking about Alice girl making good bread. Oh, so the sister who helped out was Alice girl's younger sister.

Something stronger than ox, a sword? Very heavy because it was the sword used in the legend. "Jinki" something related to god...

Using the sword... there's limit to using it and he's lower, so it's not working.

Sister girl is also worried about Eugeo guy, who doesn't smile anymore, and feels pain looking at her because that reminds him of Alice girl.

She went missing after asking the reason. To the cave (again).

Inside that crystal room, there's goblins and sister girl got captured unconsciously. Eugeo guy got frozen again.
tsubasaloverOct 27, 2018 9:00 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 20, 2018 8:35 AM

Apr 2015
Yup pacing is still excellent.

Seems like next week will be when most people should get hooked on this first half of this Season.

I just wonder how they'll handle it considering
Oct 20, 2018 8:43 AM

Oct 2014
The best thing of this season is that kirito is alone
I was so tired of Asuna, the two girls that add nothing to the plot, the red haired guy that it's here for the jokes (and it's not funny) and the cyber-daughter of kirito.

I suppose that all the people mentioned up will come to Underworld magically. But at least this episodes are pure gold for me.
Oct 20, 2018 8:48 AM
Jan 2018
When does the real world stuff happen agian???
Oct 20, 2018 9:07 AM
Oct 2012
Mattinator95 said:
When does the real world stuff happen agian???

it's still too soon, in RL there is like few min past since kirito got inside the UnderWorld lol coz of time acceleration in UnderWorld. so it need a while.

btw this season is so fking gore'ish and dark/serious, specially later on.

I REALLY hope they do this well, you could feel and connect with Kirito and Eugeo in most fights in novel.
i hope they do them well.

and next ep's fight, i hope they show how kirito get so fucked and don't remove it lol
but inner thoughts are so hard to animate ...
Oct 20, 2018 9:18 AM
Jul 2018
Kirito should have called Goblin Slayer for the job.

PS: Don't worry, people, Selka is not getting the "Goblin Slayer" treatment.

removed-userOct 20, 2018 11:04 AM
Oct 20, 2018 9:36 AM

Apr 2015
Reybun said:

Also, speaking about GS, it seems all the cancer/forum wars went there and this subforum is way less worse even though it's SAO.

I mean...
Oct 20, 2018 9:41 AM
Jul 2018
Fappa said:
Reybun said:

Also, speaking about GS, it seems all the cancer/forum wars went there and this subforum is way less worse even though it's SAO.

I mean...

Oct 20, 2018 9:47 AM
Jan 2018
I assume episode 4 will be last of vol 9 and the transition to vol 10
Oct 20, 2018 10:03 AM

Oct 2016
Seriously. It ended like that. That 23 minutes went by wayyy too fast.
But looks like they're finally going on the journey next episode. The pacing is perfect-- nothing really happens but wow am I interested.
Oct 20, 2018 10:06 AM
Jun 2016
Gotta say, I'm really liking it so far. The worldbuilding is very interesting, and it sorta feels like we (the viewers) are figuring out the game together with Kirito. The narrative style reminds me a lot of the novels.

I've gotta say though, I am curious to see how they do the

Oct 20, 2018 10:09 AM

May 2017
this episode flew by like a windy breeze lol.. felt like 10 minutes. Funny to see goblins in SAO when you watch goblin slayer at the same time.

The cliffhanger is real. Decent episode
Oct 20, 2018 10:15 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Interesting episode that continued the building of this world and its residents. The insight into how Eugeo changed after Alice was taken was interesting as was how it affected Selka as well. The blue rose sword sure was beautiful but it must have been a trial for Eugeo to drag back. While not usable yet it still provided some interesting info for Kirito. Selka really was unlucky to run into a goblin raid group though. Looks like next episode will be an intense one that would feature the first major fight in the series. This episode also gave me a sense of mystery as well thanks to its gradual reveal of the mysterious axiom church and the magic thats used.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 20, 2018 10:21 AM

Apr 2014
Freaking hell. After what Selka heard the story about Alice. She was asking to be captured or get killed. Though Kirito indirectly is somewhat responsible, and ends up telling her what happened. Sheesh, XP
Oct 20, 2018 10:21 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
theres alotta...

goblins...

this fall 2018
Oct 20, 2018 10:28 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode again.

So the sword is of a higher level than Kirito? I'm assuming that once he levels up, he'll be able to wield it properly that is assuming the class or whatever translates directly as level.

Selka was pretty cute this episode, especially with her hair down.

The scenes where they hit the tree with the sword were really cool.

Goblins? They're everywhere this season. You name it, Goblin Slayer, SAO, Slime. xD
Gotta admit that they look pretty vicious, wonder how Kirito and Eugeo are gonna deal with them given that Eugeo seems to be frozen in place.
Oct 20, 2018 10:32 AM

Jan 2018
I was surprised when the sword only did 1 damage lol, but it looks like Kirito needs to level up to be able to use it efficiently. Also that cliffhanger tho
Oct 20, 2018 10:32 AM

Jun 2016
Amazing Episode. The good is coming into the next chapter. *-*
Oct 20, 2018 10:41 AM

Sep 2014
Hmm, so we got some info regarding the sword that Eugo wields in the OP. Nice. Selka after learning why her sister was taken away went to the End Mountains and eventually got abducted by goblins. Let's see how Kirito and Eugo will save her now. So far, this season has been pretty enjoyable. I guess that's because of the absence of all the previous boring and useless characters from the 1st season plus the new director.
MonkeyDHunterOct 20, 2018 11:02 AM
Oct 20, 2018 10:42 AM

Jun 2014
It was expected that Selka was going to go to the End Mountains after Kirito told her about it. And now she's gotten herself into trouble, which isn't surprising.

Ugh, more goblins, which means more people making references to Goblin Slayer....
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 20, 2018 10:48 AM

Jun 2016
Another great episode! Seems like kirito's monologues are being much more better adapted than the ones in season 1 and 2. So far im liking this new director a lot more than the previous one.
And I thought the cliffhanger would be another scene but that would make the viewers even more pissed lmao
Oct 20, 2018 10:54 AM
Sep 2017
Next time on Goblin slayer....
Oct 20, 2018 10:59 AM

Jul 2013
Goblins man, goblins everywhere...

Also

Lämps bröther
IllyricusOct 20, 2018 11:04 AM
Oct 20, 2018 11:00 AM

Jun 2015
Selka is really stupid for going to the End Mountains by herself. I wouldn't care if she dies because of her dumb mistake. Oh look, more goblins.
Oct 20, 2018 11:06 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Glad to hear that this is still being adapted well =o

And okay good, Selka is Alice's little sister, very happy to have my question from last week answered xD But man it must be tough for her to separate herself from the image of her sister but still, I think it wasn't smart of her to go into the mountains

And what is with Fall 2018 and goblins lol xDD I hope Kirito and Eugeo can take em all out and make it back unscathed....Eugeo seems to have a lot of hidden potential so if he can get out of this rut that's he's in, he should be just fine

Good episode overall
Oct 20, 2018 11:16 AM
Aug 2018
this is so slow. i have no idea what is going on
Oct 20, 2018 11:26 AM
Oct 2012
Reybun said:
Fappa said:

I mean...

I was just rereading Volume 15-16, just damn...

From around end of Volume 14... everything goes to hell...

did you watch the movie "Into the Woods" ? first half of the movie is prince and princess and happy ending ... almost saying "and everyone lived happily ever after...BOOOM ALL Hell break loose ! ppl die right and left"

that's kinda like this.

Next ep is probably last EP of Volume 9, since the brown hair girl thats shown briefly in Opening is introduced right at the end of Volume 11, they probably do 3 volume per 12-13 ep !
Oct 20, 2018 11:44 AM
Oct 2012
goddam the animation is really top notch. hope they maintain it until the end

PietTee said:
this is so slow. i have no idea what is going on
you're supposed to feel that way, because this is kirito's new adventure in a totally new setting. Better forget whatever was there on previous sao until they explain it from asuna's point of view.
tornberryzOct 20, 2018 11:50 AM
Oct 20, 2018 11:47 AM
Jan 2014
Facepalmed really hard by how dumb the decision Kirito made to tell Selka something that literally EVERYONE decided not to tell her.. like, why do you think they didn't tell her how Alice got taken by the integrity knights in the first place.. he could've been more careful with the words he's saying.

Well, Selka is also at fault herself by basically going to the end mountain alone so stupidly.. what a way to bring troubles for everyone.

Also, more goblins!? Fall this year is looking very interesting now that we have literally three shows consisting this particular creature, though everything basically seems like a Goblin Slayer reference in the end lmao.
Oct 20, 2018 11:59 AM
Oct 2012
ina-astral said:
goddam the animation is really top notch. hope they maintain it until the end

if they can keep this animation for the huuuuge fight scenes that will happen in EP 30~40... this gonna be extremely expensive and crazy. i really wonder what they will do ! if they don't use fucked up CGI this gonna be one of the best animated fight scenes for years.

JustTesting said:
Facepalmed really hard by how dumb the decision Kirito made to tell Selka something that literally EVERYONE decided not to tell her.. like, why do you think they didn't tell her how Alice got taken by the integrity knights in the first place.. he could've been more careful with the words he's saying.

Well, Selka is also at fault herself by basically going to the end mountain alone so stupidly.. what a way to bring troubles for everyone.

Also, more goblins!? Fall this year is looking very interesting now that we have literally three shows consisting this particular creature, though everything basically seems like a Goblin Slayer reference in the end lmao.

a freaking coincidence tho :D SAO's alicization Goblin not only are here atm, they got more role later in the story as well. latter half. ( written in 2009 or even older )
and Slime's goblins are also in the novel. ( written in 2014 )
Goblin Slayer's novel (2016):D

and all of them animated in this season :D
Oct 20, 2018 12:03 PM

Feb 2013
Not cool, Alice was taken away for a lame reason and those knights are letting goblins roam free.
Oct 20, 2018 12:08 PM

Mar 2017
Another great episode, I'm actually really surprised to see so many details being adapted and that they really took their time for all the worldbuilding. *thumbs up* Also we had more insight on Eugeo's character - good job!
Next episode is going to be sick and I am so looking forward to it! My guess is that episode 5 is where we are finally shown what has happened on the other side and episode 6 is where Eugeo's and Kirito's journey actually starts.
Oct 20, 2018 12:09 PM

Jul 2017
Pacing continues to be well handled. Overall, a good episode with some nice character building with Eugeo and Selka.

But I do wonder, with Slime and Goblin Slayer, now there are 3 fucking anime with Goblins this season! What's with Japan and Goblins suddenly?
Oct 20, 2018 12:12 PM

Feb 2008
Alice is taking cause of dumb law in that world and Kirito will level up by killing Goblins.
Next one will when they cut down tree and leave village, it's good that is a good pace instead of rushing it .:)

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Oct 20, 2018 12:18 PM
Jan 2016
The build up and pacing are handled really well! And i am really enjoying watching this, for sure!

So Eogeo went back to recover sword, and Kirito managed to use her and insentivate Eogeo to use it! I wondering where Kirito and Eogeo will remember about each other!

Selka was cute for sure, she really looked worried about Eugeo, before Kirito told her why Alice was tooken away, i was "dont tell her Kirito", but he did and i instantly knew after what she said that she would try cross End Mountain to try reach Alice!

So goblin again, i see goblin in everywhere! :o Eogeo is frozen, hyped to see how Kirito will handle that without weapons!
Oct 20, 2018 12:27 PM

Jan 2017
More goblins. and right after watching goblin slayer, ahahaha. I just wanna see kirito going off on one.
But really. Kirito ya dense prick. How can you not realise that selka will want to see her sister again.
Can't wait for next week
Oct 20, 2018 12:28 PM
Jan 2018
SWORD GOBLIN ONLINE = KIRITO GOBLIN SLAYER

Oct 20, 2018 12:36 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
this was an ok episode.

We get more tree talk, the guys wanting to learn how to master their uber sword and Selka being an idiot cause she probably planned on getting captured by a knight to see where they took Alice.

lol'd that the goblins make Eugeo hesitate to do anything. They need to call the Goblin Slayer for help lmao.

am looking forward to the next ep.

Oct 20, 2018 12:48 PM
Oct 2012
Was Eugeo frozen in novel for so long lol ?

in anime seems so much more exaggerated.

like in novel, I don't remember Eugeo yelling Selka like an idiot, they heard her scream and run forward w'o noticing the goblins and kirito figured and stop but eugeo made big sounds so they found them !

or eugeo getting frozen for so long while kirito keep calling him. was probably just he getting frozen for a moment and wake up after 1 kirito's yell lol

Oct 20, 2018 1:00 PM

Nov 2016
Hmm, Goblins again, lmao. Where's Goblin Slayer when you need him ?

Very interesting episode, especially that part with the sword. Will be dope when they learn to master it.

This season does a great job at keeping me intrigued so far.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 20, 2018 1:01 PM
Aug 2013
Really love the adaptiation, didn't expect to be this good, the pace, graphic and animation really handled so well. And I think the next episode (or maybe on episode 5) will tell us what happen in the real world, and after that continues to the Kirito and Eugeo scene in the mountain, or vice versa. So i think on the episode 6, the adaptation of volume 9 will be complete, and episode 7 will start the adaptation of volume 10.

I hope A-1 make the battle scene good enough to us in the future, coz it's Ono Manabu we're talking about, Hellsing and Mahouka have good battle scene(s) quality, and now with such graphic, I hope SAO can do better.
HiraKeyOct 20, 2018 1:45 PM
Oct 20, 2018 1:29 PM

Mar 2016
Blond Kirito was so cute when he explained the spell. It was like my brother trying to explain me (an animation student) the meaning of fps.

I don't like the new girl that much. I think I don't like the female characters in this anime (excluding Asuna). Maybe that is the reason I hated this anime from the second half of season one. Still, I am liking this season. None of the annoying girls are present here (yet).

The goblins look funny. It was interesting when they used the 'hiki' counter (used to count animals) to count the two boys, instead of using 'nin' counter (used for humans).

This new game is quite interesting. The world-building is so well done (so far). It's already better than a lot of other anime out there. (Can't believe I just said that about SAO. lol)
Oct 20, 2018 1:33 PM

Jan 2016
More Goblins ffs

Can't believe that the art is still beautiful after 3 episodes, this is A-1 after all
Also, the stat thingy with Kirito not being able to wield the sword properly reminds me of Dark Souls/Bloodborne where you can't use a weapon
properly if you don't have the required stats like for example 10 arcane
FireFistYKOct 20, 2018 1:42 PM
Oct 20, 2018 1:36 PM

Jul 2015
As someone who likes stories that take its time to build up (LoTGH), this pleases me greatly.

Oct 20, 2018 1:51 PM

Sep 2016
Coming from reading the Light Novels of this arc, in particular, the pacing is really good. I am really enjoying the world building that was so heavily needed for an arc as big as this one. They are doing a really good job so far I am really hoping they keep to it because this arc is dark especially later on. I'm excited and hesitant.
Oct 20, 2018 1:52 PM

Jan 2017
Ok Fall 2018 is officially a saison of goblins.
Well next EP Kirito will be going full Goblin Slayer mode :)
Oct 20, 2018 1:56 PM

Dec 2013
The gobbos are the Chinese of anime, they are everywhere
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Oct 20, 2018 1:57 PM

Aug 2016
Why so many goblins this season xD
Nanika ga Okashii
Oct 20, 2018 2:03 PM

Nov 2016
I can say after 3 episodes that it has too slow starting (I know what is going to happen from LN) anyway I think I will be dreaming only about goblins this season :D
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» My enjoyment of Alice is kinda ruined because of Darkness from Konosuba

BigBoyAdvance - Mar 24

11 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 24, 10:33 PM

» Anyone else lowkey prefer Alice to Asuna?

Marinate1016 - Jun 25, 2019

47 by Marinate1016 »»
Mar 24, 11:38 AM

» Kirito needs medical help cause this man’s been through it all

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 11

32 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 14, 9:57 AM

» I just finished this and ""O MY GOD ""

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Mar 2

43 by Fenyy »»
Mar 5, 11:12 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

190 by fssf1606 »»
Feb 12, 2:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.