Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Oct 4, 2018 9:34 PM

Nov 2017
so... this is the reason why metal audience always shake their head.....

the MC was a zombie remind me of Korewa ZOmbie
Now Loading.....
Oct 4, 2018 9:54 PM

Jul 2016
Ehhhhhhhh what have I just watched?... I can't remember the last time a first episode left me as bewildered as this one... Not even sure if whether I liked this ep. or not...

Damn that truck xD that totally caught me off guard haha.
Oct 4, 2018 9:56 PM
Jul 2018
i usually dont enjoy the 1st episode of a show but that wasnt the case for this one
Oct 4, 2018 10:06 PM

Sep 2011
EnnuiOnMe said:
Did they bite people though? I thought they pulled her off before she could.
it looks like all of them just went rampage on the attendees, i don't think they turn into zombies through biting

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 4, 2018 10:06 PM

Oct 2008
w0w! I like this already...just after 1 minute and 14 seconds the MC is DEAD! That escalated very quickly!
Instant pick since this is from MAPPA!
Long live the Zombies! GRRAAAAAHHH!!! (screech)
5/5!

Edit: I checked the source! OMG! it has none! this is Original!

Oct 4, 2018 10:31 PM
Jul 2018
How much you wanna bet he killed all of them in the beginning. But why? How can someone so young die naturally for this madman to conveniently make into cute young girls.
Oct 4, 2018 10:32 PM

May 2010
Oh, that lorry driver is me rushing to clear some plague heart.
Oct 4, 2018 10:40 PM
Apr 2013
Pretty much called it when the policeman started to freak out. Interesting first episode. Not sure where this is going so I'll keep watching for now.
Oct 4, 2018 10:41 PM
Aug 2015
Holy shit what a gem! LOL I EXPECTED NONE OF THAT everything Minamoto says is so adorable.

I really hope they keep the comedy aspect as the main part of this show as well and now that almost everyone is awake I hope there isn't too much character drama with them trying to figure out how to live their zombie lives.

WAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!! That intro with her getting hit by a car then right into the music was the most metal thing I've seen in a long time lol.
Oct 4, 2018 10:56 PM

Jan 2017
Wow... that was seriously unexpected.. Hahahahaha!! Its sooo bad that its good. I thought the main lead sounded like Hanazawa Kana.

I think this is my 'just watch and enjoy, don't think or your head will hurt' anime series of the season.

Loved the ending song.
Oct 4, 2018 11:11 PM
Jul 2017
Nayout said:

Are you trying to find meaning to a series that deals with absurd comedy and that uses just what you complain most to put together a parody of situations and even make fun of them?

You are the ones who try to analyze coherently a children's program like Peppa pig?

For my part, delighted in the way they promoted the series, with little information, even using a name that gave to think of one of the many series of zombies that exist. A surprise and I'll see her, the voice work seems like a masterpiece, Mappa is encouraging in an excellent way and this kind of absurd humor I love.

You know an anime that opens with the main character getting hit by a car cannot be compared to something like peppa pig, because it is not the same age group.
I am not even analyzing anything this was just straight from the top of my head. Again, normally i dont even post, that was my very first post. Its fine if you like it, maybe i just didnt get it. I am all for absurd humour, but there is a fine line between absurdity and stupidity and for me this anime clearly stepped into the stupid area.
Oct 4, 2018 11:22 PM
Feb 2016
I'm just left with 'wha'

~Still liked it though was hoping for a dark series
Oct 4, 2018 11:30 PM

May 2015
Aspiring idol running outside transition to Truck-kun roadkilling her ass!

The hell was that intro sequence? She was falling....FOR 60 SECONDS!

CGI rain is CGI...but did you see that river? It's a fricking Typhoon out there!

10 years? What the hell happened in here?

AIDORU!!!

Saga Prefecture is all the way down in Kyushu?

Lol, all these zombies have been feeding on too much dank weed.

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! "How did I become a zombie?" "Haven't you ever seen a zombie movie?" "I have." "Well there you go." AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Tatsumi is kickass!

So idols are becoming irrelevant, and Tatsumi is going to capitalize on that...

YAMADA TAE!

"WHO SAYS A LEGEND HAS TO BE ABOUT ANYTHING?" I'M DEAD!!!!!!

So he puts makeup on the zombies to disguise them? That's some damn good makeup...

ZOMBIE IDOLS WALKING ON THE STAGE IN RANDOM DIRECTIONS!!!

BROKEN NECK HEADBANGING! SHAFT HAS NOTHING ON THIS!!!!

ZOMBIE GIRLS! DEATH METAL IDOLS! HIP HOP NEXT EPISODE! TATSUMI! BRING ON THE CRAZY BULLSHIT!!! LET THIS BE THE NEXT DETROIT METAL CITY!!!!
TarotistOct 4, 2018 11:37 PM
Oct 4, 2018 11:54 PM

Jun 2012
Babymetal who?

That intro segue into metal opening got a good chuckle out of me. It's definitely something weird and interesting, but not really up my alley.
Worth my time for the intro alone though.
Oct 5, 2018 12:14 AM
Mar 2015
What a start lol and I got DMC vibes from the first episode but I guess they will try different music genres by the look of preview.

Truck/10
Oct 5, 2018 1:38 AM

Mar 2012
Platypus7 said:
I can see this getting boring after a few episodes if it doesn't change things a little, but for now that was honestly hilarious.

This.

Awesome start, I wasn't ready for this.
Oct 5, 2018 1:42 AM

Mar 2018
Okay......

Jokes aside, that was a... strong(?) first episode I guess... I choked my cola at that runover scene. Came for a zombie anime like HOTD and this is what I got. Not that I'm complaining. As long as they keep this same level of comedy, I won't drop this show.

So this is what Okabe found after Steins Gate world line huh? lol

Oct 5, 2018 2:17 AM

May 2009
Miyano Mamoru is on another level this time lol sounds like he is enjoying it
Oct 5, 2018 2:23 AM

Jan 2013
i wasn't impressed by this tryhard to be funnei junkware. dropped it after half an episode. doubt i'd be missing out on much after all is said and done.
Oct 5, 2018 2:42 AM
Jul 2018
if this keeps beeing the way it is, this is definitly gonna be entertaining to me lol
Oct 5, 2018 2:54 AM
Aug 2013
wait wat did i just watch
Sanity... what would I do with a useless thing like that?
Oct 5, 2018 3:06 AM
Sep 2018
Man Japaneese writers and authors are weird. I absolutely facepalm to think how ridicilous this anime is.
Oct 5, 2018 4:03 AM

Feb 2012
Huh. I don't know what I expected, but like...that was actually kinda good. I liked the comedy bits. Not sure where the actual "horror" is, unless it's like "eat the audience afterwards" each episode.
Oct 5, 2018 4:06 AM

May 2012
I finally watched it

This is pure garbage. Probably worst anime in this season so far, can't believe it is rated above 5

Action, Horror, Supernatural ?! MAL need to change the genre to comedy only (and it is bad comedy)
thepathOct 5, 2018 4:22 AM
Oct 5, 2018 4:16 AM

Oct 2015
Mladen said:
Babymetal who?

Well go check out broken by the scream group. They are more perfect for your comparison.
Oct 5, 2018 4:29 AM
Jul 2018
Fucking loved this so much. Just the right amount of weird.
I can see Tae never getting her mind back and just biting people for the whole show.

Plus it has Taneda Risa in it <33333
Oct 5, 2018 4:31 AM

Sep 2015
ZinByakuya said:
Nayout said:

Are you trying to find meaning to a series that deals with absurd comedy and that uses just what you complain most to put together a parody of situations and even make fun of them?

You are the ones who try to analyze coherently a children's program like Peppa pig?

For my part, delighted in the way they promoted the series, with little information, even using a name that gave to think of one of the many series of zombies that exist. A surprise and I'll see her, the voice work seems like a masterpiece, Mappa is encouraging in an excellent way and this kind of absurd humor I love.

You know an anime that opens with the main character getting hit by a car cannot be compared to something like peppa pig, because it is not the same age group.
I am not even analyzing anything this was just straight from the top of my head. Again, normally i dont even post, that was my very first post. Its fine if you like it, maybe i just didnt get it. I am all for absurd humour, but there is a fine line between absurdity and stupidity and for me this anime clearly stepped into the stupid area.

Which is no problem more than for people who over analyze situations as is the case of your previous post
Oct 5, 2018 4:41 AM
Jul 2017
Titadou said:
"Let's make Gakkou Gurashi, but the OPPOSITE!"
Think it's why we had no description, right ?

But I don't understand why they still have hairs... Yeah I'm annoying, but come one it's too convenient!
Just give them some wigs with the makeup! you cheaters!

https://www.scienceabc.com/humans/hair-color-after-death-blonde-brunette-eumelanin-pheomelanin.html
Oct 5, 2018 4:49 AM
Jun 2017
Wow!!! I didnt expect this series to be like this- IM GOING TO WATCH THIS ONE... that OP OsT alone shock me then the story itself made me YEAH!!!

A DEFINITELY MUST WATCH SERIES
Oct 5, 2018 4:56 AM
Jun 2015
Went into this without reading much of a synopsis or watching the trailer. Was expecting something in the same variety as Gakkougurashi. This is obviously not that nor is it my taste. Oh well! Won’t be continuing.
Oct 5, 2018 5:25 AM

Oct 2013
lord_ne said:
Titadou said:
"Let's make Gakkou Gurashi, but the OPPOSITE!"
Think it's why we had no description, right ?

But I don't understand why they still have hairs... Yeah I'm annoying, but come one it's too convenient!
Just give them some wigs with the makeup! you cheaters!

https://www.scienceabc.com/humans/hair-color-after-death-blonde-brunette-eumelanin-pheomelanin.html
Well thanks for using your own words to explain something, that's lame
But yeah I remember the "hairs are dead cells" or something like that. Doesn't change my mind though. Too long, too clean, too beautiful, too colored.
Hair dye and hair care wouldn't last ten years
Oct 5, 2018 5:47 AM

Apr 2018
K this season shits one every single season from this year
Oct 5, 2018 6:05 AM

Mar 2018
That was a beautiful bait-and-switch. From zombies to idols to metalheads xD The whole premise of this show seems dumb and absurd as hell and that's why I love it! 10/10 would zombie-headbang again, it's bloody (and) hilarious!
Oct 5, 2018 6:49 AM

Aug 2012
truck-kun working hard already!

someone else always have what you want, but it usually means nothing to them...
Oct 5, 2018 6:54 AM

Jun 2017
Is this.. a parody of idol shows? lmaoo that is the last thing i would have ever expected from this. It doesn't even have a comedy tag but there is no way this wasn't a parody.
Oct 5, 2018 7:34 AM
Aug 2017
I don't freaking know what's this all about but somehow I like it XD, also I really like Miyano Mamoru voice in this anime kinda reminds me to Hououin Kyouma hahaha
Oct 5, 2018 7:50 AM

Jul 2016
This was unexpected to say the least. I mean I dead expected something like Mirai Nikki but cuter or madoka magica with an idols touch but oh boy was I wrong.
I really like the generic beginning with a twist, really nice touch in my opinion.
The guy is a bit too annoying but I guess I'll either gonna get used to it like Bakugos' screaming in season one or they will make him less hyperactive also like Bakugo in season three
Oct 5, 2018 8:08 AM
( ̄y▽ ̄)╭ Ohohoho.

Jul 2013
They got me with the broken neck headbanging lol

I will show no mercy for you
You had no mercy for me
The only thing that I ask
Love me mercilessly
Oct 5, 2018 8:18 AM

Apr 2017
i was like WTF after she was hit by a car XD

Oct 5, 2018 8:22 AM

May 2014
I definitely went into this with the wrong expectations. A serious zombie story this is not. There were some funny lines, but i'm not that into it. Another one on the drop pile for this season.
Oct 5, 2018 8:40 AM
Aug 2015
I loved the way they turned her death/zombification into the OP. That was pretty artistic, and probably should win some kind of straightjacket award.
Oct 5, 2018 9:09 AM

Jul 2017
Absolutely beautiful.

Did not expect much from it. Got everything I did not ask for. It was great.
Suddenly, someone slaps you with a brick wall.

Oct 5, 2018 9:49 AM

Feb 2018
Btw, do you guys realize Ai Mizuno zombie girls is the idol center in the scene before truck-kun crash?
Oct 5, 2018 10:00 AM

Aug 2016
Pretty entertaining start. I wonder how they'd go about it in the succeeding episodes if they'll actually delve into the the characters or keep on the mindless fun.

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

Oct 5, 2018 10:03 AM

Dec 2015
This was so hilarious
But the subs of Crunchyroll...

Oct 5, 2018 10:34 AM

Mar 2009
Oh, wow. This was funny. Reminds me a little bit of Detroit Metal City.

Thank you for this bounty, MAPPA.
Oct 5, 2018 10:45 AM
Sep 2016
Lol... The array of emotions I've experienced
...the tone had a few balancing issues at times but overall mahn what a blast XD

ROCK ON!!
1.1.Six
Oct 5, 2018 11:17 AM

Dec 2016
LMAOOO that was so fun, the last 5 mins are godlike
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Oct 5, 2018 11:58 AM
Mar 2017
As soon as the bus hit, this had my attention. Trash-tier zombies and perverted “coats are capes” man later, squid tentacles being shoved in their mouths to stop zombies biting and head snapping rather than banging... this has potential to be the top tier trainwreck Im looking for
Oct 5, 2018 12:10 PM

Jun 2017
Did not expect that at all, this anime could turn out pretty well
First episode was a good start
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2018

293 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 4:29 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2018

138 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 3:56 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2018

117 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 3:27 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2018

378 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 12:18 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2018

171 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 11:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.