Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 18, 2018 8:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The Mongols just doesn't seem to know when to give up...damn. Now attacking from the North too.

Seems like even the South is in trouble too and we have pretty much an all out frontal attack by the Mongols. A rather thrilling episode involving Jinzaburou and his troops. This is more than just about winning as it feels more like survival. Hoping the finale doesn't rush this series.
Sep 19, 2018 1:15 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
RIP Magistrate you was a hero to the very end. Guess in a way both Kuchii and Onitakemaru are different to how they were in the past when they faced each other. But that teamup sure proved devastating to the mongols. Too bad about Douen and the archer though. A pretty action packed episode that showed just dire things have become. Though their stand was determined the cost has sure been high. Curious to see how this ends.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 2018 1:23 AM

Jul 2017
An all-out battle for survival, just great and fitting towards the series finale.

Jinzaburou is pretty much dope AF as he fights not for people but for similarility purposes. The last sequence of events though...

Pretty much an exhilarating episode with Tsushima on the verge of losing, and the Mongols threatening as is with typical enemy colonalies. As old comrades come back from betrayal to unexpected help (Onitakemaru), both him and Jinzaburoh fought like old times, and a menacing duo indeed.

Expectant of the finale to come next week.
Sep 19, 2018 3:19 AM

Jul 2016
And so the predicted death of everybody is coming to fruition.

This episode was awesome.
Sep 19, 2018 5:10 AM

Jan 2016
Damn, I thought they had no balls to kill our characters. Glad to see they are actually trying to make it historical accurate. I hope Sasu and Amushi lives though.
Fun fact: the castle that Toribarai used were real! Although Toribarai themselves aren't known if it's real or not. Probably used by the samurai in reality.
Sep 19, 2018 6:18 AM

Apr 2013
Damn I love this series to bits. Its pragmatic and doesnt hold back on the progress!

The battle tactics make sense. The fights are realistic(less onitakemaru and jinzaburou).

They dont overblow it.

How is this show so lowly rated? This is friggin AOTS material. Every thing you could want from a warfare series is in here. Its focus on the skirmish part of war is so good.

Also Im pretty sure this ends with the maincast being defeated. I don't see a sudden over the top miracle happening especially when the reinforcements are delayed.

Maybe a very pyrrhic win. (or actually loss since mostly everyone died)
Sep 19, 2018 7:23 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
G_Aker said:
Damn I love this series to bits. Its pragmatic and doesnt hold back on the progress!

The battle tactics make sense. The fights are realistic(less onitakemaru and jinzaburou).

They dont overblow it.

How is this show so lowly rated? This is friggin AOTS material. Every thing you could want from a warfare series is in here. Its focus on the skirmish part of war is so good.

Also Im pretty sure this ends with the maincast being defeated. I don't see a sudden over the top miracle happening especially when the reinforcements are delayed.

The rating has a lot to do with the lack of self insert and youngish characters. There's too little wish fulfilment here unlike lets say perennial favorites My Hero Academia or Overlord. Casual-kun cannot deal with something anchored in history and as bleak and violent as this. Also, shows set in feudal/medieval Japan generally fare poorly in MAL too.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 19, 2018 7:53 AM

Oct 2008
It's hard to see the suffering of all who died in the war, so many comrades of Kuchii Jinzaburou has fallen!
majority of war, the one that has more quantity is more superior compared to quality!
oh man MC got bombed and has fallen to the sea!
5/5.

Sep 19, 2018 9:22 AM

Nov 2011
There is no way Jinzaburou is dead.Sure he's wearing armor,but c'mon...
Also i hate when shows does this "Show is nearing the end, lets kill all we dont need."-shtick
Sep 19, 2018 10:07 AM

Feb 2014
Shows like this really boil the brave. You know its coming but still you hope.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Sep 19, 2018 1:02 PM

May 2018
Jinzaburou!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Relax he ain't dead, though I wish he is.
Sep 19, 2018 3:00 PM

Jul 2017
Another very solid episode with a great cliffhanger ending.

I don't think Jinzaburou is dead but damn, that was a fall.
Sep 19, 2018 3:57 PM
Aug 2018
that was INTENSE! although calling the end of the episode a great 'cliffhanger' seems rather ironic. they fell down that cliff pretty badly
Sep 19, 2018 4:00 PM
Aug 2018
i see no problem with killing off characters. i have problems when all main and supporting characters being alive fighting a one sided war.
Sep 19, 2018 4:49 PM

Oct 2015
Intense episode and very tragically so. Almost every character is being slaughtered by the Mongols, how sad man. Although my favorite character Onitakemaru came back he will die if he isn't dead already.

Every death was a bit emotional, but what can you say they are fighting a losing war anyway.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 19, 2018 8:52 PM

Apr 2010
G_Aker said:

A lot is because of the QUALITY, especially this episode man there were tons of cost-cutting tricks used here. So many ultra-close ups of faces, still images panning, and weak sound design.
Sep 19, 2018 8:59 PM

Jan 2015
Remember the Alamo... Remember Tsushima!
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
Sep 20, 2018 1:04 AM

Dec 2014
well JInzaborou is truly a man among men... everyone fought malignantly but it was not enough..mny died this episode...lst episode to go...
Sep 20, 2018 6:31 AM

Apr 2017
A thrilling episode. We seen many main cast characters die, and in a way that made viewer feel for them too. I suspect Jinzaburou survived so far, cliff isn't that high so as long as he wasn't knocked out and as long as armor won't weight him down too much, I suspect he can get out of it. Still, as the series goes on, I'm less and less sure that MC survives the end. That's thing I really like about this series, and this episode in particular. It's fairly realistic portrayal of guerilla warfare against much superior force, where no one is sure to survive until the end.

Pirate guy came back, partially because it was his only option to run from Mongol fleet, however he did not had to join the fight, but he did it anyway. I think that Jinzaburou is only partially right in saying that pirate is the one who changed, since I think both did. Let's see who will survive until the end now that reinforcements aren't coming. This show surely is hidden gem of this season in my opinion.

Art by ギャット GFX by aryandil
Sep 20, 2018 10:51 AM

Mar 2012
Farabeuf said:
G_Aker said:

They dont overblow it.

The rating has a lot to do with the lack of self insert and youngish characters. There's too little wish fulfilment here unlike lets say perennial favorites My Hero Academia or Overlord. Casual-kun cannot deal with something anchored in history and as bleak and violent as this. Also, shows set in feudal/medieval Japan generally fare poorly in MAL too.

And that's sad.
It's 6/10 easy, and I'm rude... Angolmois deserves 7,7 or 7,8 at MAL rating for me.
Sep 20, 2018 4:31 PM

Jan 2013
This episode is so depressing :/ I feel so bad about all the people that died, it's so hard to look at this situation knowing that you can't do anything.
RIP Nagamine and that girl. RIP Everyone.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 23, 2018 6:02 AM

Oct 2017
Damn, Onitakemaru is a beast

Anyway, is it just me or the animation was a bit off in a couple of scenes?
Sep 23, 2018 11:49 AM

Nov 2016
They sure went all out with this episode, I like.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 25, 2018 4:32 PM

Mar 2009
Well, that was depressing.
Sep 26, 2018 9:11 AM

Aug 2016
Real Mongols invasion force is here and they quickly retaliate against Tsushima resistance in full force. Some of our exile characters got bit over the top, making heroic last stands instead realistic ones, I especially like Hattori Legolas. And what is the past of Connie the Monk and all those deaths he mentioned? Was he assassin? Did he made plague by accident? All those sudden death flags in one episode.

I am interest in all those tribes and subjugated nations of Mongol army, wish we could see bit more into Mongolian internal politics and learn bit more, but it's fun to seem fight against their hordes. Man, Mongols sucks without horses.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 27, 2018 10:04 PM

Jul 2016
Damn, they're being massacred like insects. They decided to wipe out nearly all the cast.

Fortunately, my boy Onitakemaru came back and smashed some Mongols alongside Kuchii. Too bad he'll die in the next episode if not earlier... probably.

Man, I hope at least that Amushi, Sana and the other kids can survive. This episode was depressing as hell.
Mar 31, 2020 3:15 PM

Aug 2018
Wow, this is the most brutal ep of this animu.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Angolmois: Genkou Kassenki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2018

78 by kengil10 »»
Apr 8, 1:51 AM

Poll: » Angolmois: Genkou Kassenki Episode 4 Discussion

TheFreycook - Aug 9, 2018

6 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 16, 2023 10:55 AM

Poll: » Angolmois: Genkou Kassenki Episode 3 Discussion

TheFreycook - Aug 9, 2018

7 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 16, 2023 9:14 AM

» 4 episodes in, should I continue?

rustvolt - Nov 4, 2021

6 by THEMEDIC911 »»
Nov 5, 2021 8:58 PM

Poll: » Angolmois: Genkou Kassenki Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2018

21 by t0prak »»
Mar 31, 2020 3:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.