Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 16, 2018 6:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Since the battle, Souya has a lot on his mind and who can blame him? He's been through so much now that he's uncertain about his future. In the meantime, this show still deals with the conflicts of otherwordly characters and their struggles.

The second half of the episode had my attention a lot as the characters fought to contain that monster. I'm hoping the finale will give this show a proper send off but this episode made quite an impact.

Sep 16, 2018 8:11 AM

Dec 2013
I really liked the revelations involving the dragon.

It’s great to see everyone older. It’s sad that Takezo has already passed away.

Time to save the dragon! I’m hyped for the final episode but I don’t this show to end.
Sep 16, 2018 8:48 AM

Jul 2017
So...the time leap of 5 years has done everyone a great deal...

Except that everyone is where they belong...in Nebula, ready to take on the Dragon that's to come. By that I mean, Siriusians like Soya, Rielians like Ginko, and the Sealing Faction of Generalissmo and Shiraishi to name a few.

And boy am I glad to see everyone grown up and pretty much the same as they are before. Nezuya, anyone? An interstellar "hook-up"! Haha...
It's a shame Takezo passed away...

We also finally got disclosure from the dragon that lived from the times of the People of Paradise, and the plan to not take another revenge but save it.

And...the mechs got an upgrade just to counter the dragon Azrabarakura! That just about hypes the ending to come!

The joyride of 11 episodes...can't wait for next week for a proper sendoff!
Sep 16, 2018 9:51 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
As soon as i saw the last OP shot, i knew Takezo was gone. RIP old man, you were one hell of a dude, the way he died though... xD

Incredible moment with Souya and Ginko, they see themselves as brother and sister and that means a lot to Souya who lost everything. He found true happiness again in this world.

Subtle but Souya x Nozo happened, wonderful.

The whole cast united for this, prepared for this one moment for five years. How this all comes together is exciting to me.
Sep 16, 2018 11:46 AM

Sep 2011
What a wonderful penultimate episode, the overall feel and tone of the episode was just so wonderfully handled as it had this sort of bittersweet feel to it knowing that so much time has passed and the long journey is finally at the end, just that somehow the show was able to convey this feeling a long journey in a measly 11 episodes. I seriously felt like I was preparing to say goodbye to a cast of characters ive spent far more time with than I actually have just cause the show has been able to cram that much into these characters in such little time without feeling rushed.

The scene of soya and ginko ontop the house right before the final fight really got to me and really exemplifies how far soya has come as a character since the start, but im a little worried that the scene might have been a death flag with him promising to visit her homeworld one day. Really in general this episode has a slight of looming danger the whole episode especially when torai made mention of making a will. We will see what the final episode brings but im equally hyped as I am concerned.

At least this wonderful show is finally passed the sub 7.00 score, with how consistently good its been since ep 6 im shocked it was still so low and still is. I imagine by the time this is over it probably wont have even a score past 7.3 or whatnot, which i guess looking at the glass half full means there are probably some amazing hidden gems out there with way too low scores.
Smudy said:

Subtle but Souya x Nozo happened, wonderful.

I was so freaking worried when she grabbed his hand that Soya would just spill his spaghetti everywhere blushing and freaking out signaling jip in way of progress, so hell yes to my relief that he was completely calm and they have likely been a thing for years now.
JizzyHitlerSep 16, 2018 11:50 AM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 16, 2018 11:52 AM

Feb 2016
Long Hair Ginko is too much for us mortals to even witness, but Nozo-san tho <3

One more episode, I don't want this anime to end :'c everything about it its so well written and great. I hope that Planet With sells well so we may have a chance to see more of Mizukami's works adapted in the future.

I think I have a new Anime of the Year right here.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Sep 16, 2018 12:13 PM

Sep 2011
HereticHunter said:
I hope that Planet With sells well so we may have a chance to see more of Mizukami's works adapted in the future.
I think i recall reading that the merch was selling out but that has more to do with the very small size of the stock more so than any real sign of popularity or success. I don't think the show is particularly projected to sell all that well last i looked.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 16, 2018 1:26 PM

Jul 2017
That was really good. The timeskip occured and it first of all seems like Nozo and Souya is canon and together, so that's awesome.

Overall, the dragon's revelations was nicely done and well written.

I'm really gonna miss this show when it ends. It's been an absolute dark horse this year.
Sep 16, 2018 1:37 PM
Jul 2018
Not a fan of timeskip stuff, but this show handled it so well! I thought the show would jump into boss battle but actually the first half dedicated to how other character grown throughout the story thanks to Souya and how they mature during these years. Overall makes it very satisfying timeskip and really going to miss the lovable characters as show ends.. not to mention personally everything executed so perfect within 11 episodes that it feels like it further need no more episode. Only hoping for good finale.

The last moment between Souya and Ginko's conversation was beautiful, I wonder if thats the last time we will see.. Also fantastic to see how Souya's mindset changed as well.

The cliffhanger was hype! Deep in my mind, I wish we would get extended duration for the final episode..
removed-userSep 16, 2018 1:42 PM
Sep 16, 2018 2:22 PM

Feb 2016
JizzyHitler said:
HereticHunter said:
I hope that Planet With sells well so we may have a chance to see more of Mizukami's works adapted in the future.
I think i recall reading that the merch was selling out but that has more to do with the very small size of the stock more so than any real sign of popularity or success. I don't think the show is particularly projected to sell all that well last i looked.

One can only hope ;_;
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Sep 16, 2018 2:59 PM

May 2015
I was already attracted to Ginko but now they took her from cute to beautiful.

I really do wonder what's gonna happen at the end of the series though. The anime has taken a lot of inspiration from Childhood's End and has gone as far as giving Generalissimo and Sensei the same name as that novel's overlords. I hope the finale doesn't take inspiration from that novel though.
Sep 16, 2018 3:29 PM

Sep 2011
PEDREIVAX said:
I was already attracted to Ginko but now they took her from cute to beautiful.

I really do wonder what's gonna happen at the end of the series though. The anime has taken a lot of inspiration from Childhood's End and has gone as far as giving Generalissimo and Sensei the same name as that novel's overlords. I hope the finale doesn't take inspiration from that novel though.
I think the childhoods end references are more background on the people of paradise (their flashback stills are straight from the imagery of childhoods end) more so than the show actually taking any direct cues for its ending like end of EVA did. I do think the ending will still have some casualties though.

HereticHunter said:
JizzyHitler said:

One can only hope ;_;
I did some hardcore cyber-sleuthing and research, aka asked on an /a/ thread. Apparently the show is projecting to sell roughly 3,000 or so for its first volume but it seems to be increasing a bit, nothing amazing but that is pretty good and kind of makes it the dark horse of the season i guess.
JizzyHitlerSep 16, 2018 3:39 PM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Sep 16, 2018 4:13 PM
Mar 2017
Very good episode, everyone looked very good after 5 years.
Souya a university student, seeing him with Nozomi caused me a lot of happiness and it is more or less clear their relationship in the scene where she takes his hand and he only blushes. (I kept smiling when seeing them together)
The rest of the Great Paladin members joined Nebula and everyone seems to have evolved their psychic powers, Miu and Harumi mistreated Souya in college, how mean these girls are getting revenge when he beat them, I´m very sad about Takezo, but at least this man died the way he was happy, eating. (In the previous episode the old Takezo said that he would already be dead before the 5 years passed, minute 21:39 in case someone wants to check)
The scene with Ginko and Souya was heartwarming, Ginko accepts Souya as her younger brother and this one to her as her sister, besides forgiving the crimes that the Sirians made to the people of Riel.
Nezuya flirting with space girls, he has my respect
The final fight was intense in the last minutes and the revelation of the Dragon's identity leaves several things clear.
Only one episode remains, I have faith that I would not be disappointed with the end of this anime.
Sep 16, 2018 6:08 PM

Jan 2015
This is such a solid series, man... They’ve really handled the backward and forward jumps through time (via flashback and the jump forward in this episode), so well. Everything feels utmost cohesive, and where everything has wound up, has been well and truly well earned. Definitely one of the best of the season.

Also; Loved the (perhaps unintentional) Metal Gear reference to ‘Outer Heaven’.
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
Sep 16, 2018 6:40 PM

Jan 2011
this was a darn good time skip was worried it was gonna feel jarring with this only being 12 episodes ,all the girl's look like housewifes now meanwhile Benika got shafted with that hair at least Ginko got blessed with the long hair (really like the rooftop scene shes too good for us)
Sep 16, 2018 9:20 PM

Mar 2018
What a good way to introduce the time-skip, RIP old-man, Ginko a cute oneesan & Nozomi X Souya is still going <3

CG Dragon fight was intense...

Planet With turned out to be better than expected
Sep 16, 2018 10:22 PM
Nov 2017
Oh hells yeah.

RIP Takezo. But at least he got the last word in. Miu scary. ;)
Sep 17, 2018 12:08 PM

Nov 2016
It was a neat episode, but I would've wished to see the time skip earlier or alternatively to get a second cour.

However, the action delivered absolutely and I'm hyped for the final.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 20, 2018 1:25 PM

Apr 2014
wow after watching this ep it really makes me sad to know that next ep is the last cause with the time skip in place everyone older and all that the series just got a lot better ( and i liked it alot before time skip )

but nonetheless i'm looking forward to the final ep
"one step at a time"
Sep 20, 2018 1:52 PM

Oct 2017
I'm hyped for the final episode.

Also, since I missed the discussion for Episode 10, let me say that, while I really dislike the trend of using CG for mecha animation, in episode 10 the animation team really did a wonderful job in making the best use they could of the CG models, it was nothing short of admirable and made me wish previous battles had this kind of care put into it.

As for episode 11: I agree with others when they said the episode felt bittersweet. It's nice to see everyone grown up, but the impending end of the series made me wish this journey could've lasted longer. I can only hope for a nice conclusion for a series that, while not perfect, had a lot of heart put into it and had a very unique concept for its themes and characters. This is what I hoped the mecha genre would start to be after Gurren Lagann.

And yes, while Takeda's off-screen death was sad, the way he died was...totally in-character, I have to agree XD

Also, shoutout to Nezuya for getting an alien crush, you go, my man!
Sep 21, 2018 12:26 AM
Feb 2010
I saw Tago and the Tribe of the Void from Sengoku Youko, the sparrows from Nihonmatsu Siblings, one of the spirits from Matsuri Connection and Mizukami's frog avatar among the alien gathering.
SlashBriarSep 21, 2018 12:38 AM
Sep 21, 2018 11:56 PM
Sep 2015
Now, ready for last Touma Punch in another anime series before he returns to Index.
Sep 24, 2018 1:35 AM

Oct 2008
CLAP CLAP CLAP!
Such majestic episode!
5/5!

Very nice to see all of them grow-up as adults!
Damn adult Benika is more beautiful than ever!
Inaba & Kumashiro is now school mates of Souya!
and Nozomi is now a successful psychic!
Almost all of them grown-up! even Ginko!
Too bad Takezou kicked the bucket because of old age.

Sep 24, 2018 4:53 AM

Dec 2016
That episode was fucking awesome!!!!!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Oct 12, 2018 5:46 PM
Dec 2017
This episode was sensational in the evolution of the characters. Their design looks great. All the characters want to help in some way.

The moment of the conversation between Souya and Ginko, where they treated like brothers was very good. The moment between Souya, Nozomi and Souya's brother was very good.

The battle against the dragon begins very well.

RIP Takezou, he was a great character.
Etheo_Oct 12, 2018 5:57 PM
Oct 21, 2018 10:23 AM

Jan 2009
look at all of them grown up but RIP old sword man

so the Dragon is the source of the psychic photon armors of the Earths Paladins then but they made it their own now and evolve it to plus version to fight the Dragon too

the People of Paradise calls the Dragon their brother eh

this episodes moral story is about forgiveness
Oct 30, 2018 9:32 PM

May 2012
Fantastic pacing in this episode, looking how things are now I think we'll have a wonderful ending of this series. Really looking forwards to see how this ends in the next and sadly final episode of this series.
Jan 18, 2019 4:47 AM

Jul 2012
"Using an excuse to make yourself feel better, and not forgetting what you're really here for are both important."
Feb 2, 2019 8:29 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, this was an intense episode!

Seeing all the post-timeskip Characters were a fascinating treat to have! Coupled with this, the Nozomi x Kuroi ship is sailing smoothly and more Ginko greatness is just brilliant! Ginko and Kuroi scene at the rooftop was so sweet, hopefully it’s not the making of a death flag though. The Dragon is just as menacing as I thought it’d be, it’s really giving off the Hakumen no Mono vibes to me.

Looking forward to seeing how the finale episode goes!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 28, 2022 10:50 AM

Aug 2018
The fatal flaw of this show is it's too short at just 12 episodes. Not enough time for proper character development. There's just too many shallow, one-note characters for the time skip and age-up to offer much of interest to me. At this point my feelings towards this show went from pretty good (7) to just ok (6).

More topics from this board

Poll: » Planet With Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2018

40 by FreezingKaiju »»
Dec 2, 2023 1:42 AM

Poll: » Planet With Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2018

43 by InNeedOfAName »»
Aug 25, 2023 5:38 PM

Poll: » Planet With Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2018

56 by InNeedOfAName »»
Aug 25, 2023 4:55 PM

Poll: » Planet With Episode 1 Discussion

TheFreycook - Aug 8, 2018

19 by Eyth »»
Sep 5, 2022 3:58 PM

» The rating

Soulvaki - Aug 26, 2018

40 by vanetz »»
Mar 17, 2020 5:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.