Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 11, 2018 5:17 AM

Oct 2016
GodMudit said:
What does 4 course season mean???

1 Cour is, 12 episodes, the Duration of one season, so 4 cours, 12+12+12+12=48, sometimes they are 13 episodes so thats why its gonna be prob 50-52
Sep 11, 2018 5:27 AM

Jan 2018
1 cour may have 10-13, usually 12 episodes. It's not diverse in meaning, just straight to the point telling how many episodes we should expect.
Sep 11, 2018 6:22 AM

Dec 2014
I've heard good things about this arc, gotta admit I'm interested in seeing how good it actually is.
Sep 11, 2018 9:23 AM

Oct 2010
Of all the things to call and be right on, of course it would be THIS

(November 2017)
nDroae said:
What would be the greatest is if it were actually 50+ episodes in one block aired constantly over a whole year, like FMA Brotherhood was (though I've never seen it; watched SAO instead). Then the hate-watchers would be brutally condemned to watching SAO every week for a whole year, all the while being denied the sequels they actually want. (I never watched Re:Zero either.) Imagine the salt.

A dream is a wish your heart makes
When you're fast asleep
In dreams you will lose your heartaches
Whatever you wish for, you keep
Have faith in your dreams and someday
Your rainbow will come smiling through
No matter how your heart is grieving
If you keep on believing
The dream that you wish will come true
Sep 11, 2018 10:18 AM
Jul 2018
If the quality will keep up for the entirety of the season, this will be AOTY candidate for sure. Can't wait for the 1-hour premiere this weekend.

VanishingKira said:
Ohh boy this is gonna cause quite the stir in the anime community for the entire year
Piromysl said:
The haters will have a busy year.
Lups said:
Jesus christ, I can already taste the salt.

Seriously, that Mother's Basement guy should thank Kawahara for all the visuals he got with his SAO videos shitting on analyzing every detail.

Blarey said:
4-cour SAO? That’s a surprise, definitely will be checking it out. I’m liking the saber look-alike.

Oh, boy, i wonder how many will accuse Alice plagiarizing Saber, the web novel of SAO started in 2002 and the VN of Fate Stay Night came out in 2004, so it's up to debate i guess? Maybe he came up with Alice's design long after?
Sep 11, 2018 10:32 AM

Aug 2015
So happy to hear this news as SAO truly deserves so many episodes specially considering how big this arc is

Now,i just hope that this arc actually lives up to its hype
Sep 11, 2018 10:35 AM

Nov 2013
@Reybun SAO novel wasn’t published until 2008 and only started in 2002 as a web novel. Alicization is the 9th volume in the series so I highly dount Reki Kawahara wrote 9 volumes in two years... I never said he was plagiarizing Saber anyway, I said “Saber look-alike”. A lot of characters look alike, I wouldn’t consider similar character design to be plagiarism.
Sep 11, 2018 10:52 AM
Jul 2018
Blarey said:
@Reybun SAO novel wasn’t published until 2008 and only started in 2002 as a web novel. Alicization is the 9th volume in the series so I highly dount Reki Kawahara wrote 9 volumes in two years... I never said he was plagiarizing Saber anyway, I said “Saber look-alike”. A lot of characters look alike, I wouldn’t consider similar character design to be plagiarism.

Didn't accuse you of anything, by the way.
Sep 11, 2018 5:29 PM
Jan 2015
Oh zoo wee mama the world doesn't deserve this. A whole year of utter bullshit weekend by week.

The absolute destiny apocalypse Trainwreck shitstorm is back with a vendetta.

How in the 9 circles of hell did this shit get this treatment but air gear still doesn't have a season 2.
Sep 11, 2018 6:43 PM

Jan 2018
nDroae said:
Of all the things to call and be right on, of course it would be THIS

(November 2017)
nDroae said:
What would be the greatest is if it were actually 50+ episodes in one block aired constantly over a whole year, like FMA Brotherhood was (though I've never seen it; watched SAO instead). Then the hate-watchers would be brutally condemned to watching SAO every week for a whole year, all the while being denied the sequels they actually want. (I never watched Re:Zero either.) Imagine the salt.

A dream is a wish your heart makes
When you're fast asleep
In dreams you will lose your heartaches
Whatever you wish for, you keep
Have faith in your dreams and someday
Your rainbow will come smiling through
No matter how your heart is grieving
If you keep on believing
The dream that you wish will come true

The video is not available to watch.

On topic, I think I can expect a special recap episode, chibi special episodes and a movie in 2021.
Sep 11, 2018 6:47 PM

Apr 2015
Sword Art Online: Alicization will be a 4-cour show

This is gonna be a fun ride. I guarantee it.
Sep 11, 2018 7:26 PM

Oct 2010
hazecloud said:
The video is not available to watch.

Then you're in a blocked region. You're not missing anything, it's just the official upload of the score cue "Imagine the Fire" from The Dark Knight Rises.

lazyking88 said:
Oh zoo wee mama the world doesn't deserve this. A whole year of utter bullshit weekend by week.

Every season has multiple shows which most SAO haters would probably agree are even worse. We've got some doozies right now, Master of Ragnarok being the new champion low.

lazyking88 said:
How in the 9 circles of hell did this shit get this treatment but air gear still doesn't have a season 2.

By

being

more

profitable
Sep 11, 2018 7:31 PM

Sep 2011
sword art sucks, but i miss when shows would run for 50 some episodes so fuck it im marginally happy this is a thing

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 12, 2018 12:00 AM

Jun 2014
Oh shit, it's not often that we get a 4 cour show that isn't a Shounen Jump battle shounen. Also, I heard this arc needs this many episodes to properly adapt it, so I guess this is good news.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 12, 2018 9:42 PM
Jun 2017
Me be like: 😀😀😀😀😀

As a SAO fan i love this news!!! Hahaha cant get more excited as weeks from now SAO will be aired!!!
Sep 13, 2018 11:18 PM
Jun 2016
Jesus, 4 cours? That's... a lot longer than I expected. And the first episode is an hour long? Gotta give it to A-1, that's ballsy, considering how much hate the series gets.

SAO was pretty much the first anime I ever watched, and therefore it holds a weird spot on my list. Like I kinda hate it, but at the same time I had so much fun watching it for the first time that I can't really NOT like it either.

Either way, if only they adapted the SAO Progressive novels instead... now THAT is an anime I'd watch.
Sep 14, 2018 8:50 AM

Jun 2016
Weebston said:
Jesus, 4 cours? That's... a lot longer than I expected. And the first episode is an hour long? Gotta give it to A-1, that's ballsy, considering how much hate the series gets.

SAO was pretty much the first anime I ever watched, and therefore it holds a weird spot on my list. Like I kinda hate it, but at the same time I had so much fun watching it for the first time that I can't really NOT like it either.

Either way, if only they adapted the SAO Progressive novels instead... now THAT is an anime I'd watch.

SAO gets much more hate on the west than in japan actually, and A1 pictures wouldnt give a damn about what "outsiders" think imo
LN readers say this is the best arc until now and im pretty interested in the plot and new characters since they seem to gain more dept later on than the characters from previous arcs did (kirito is getting some too from what i have read).
Lastly, this arc is the longest one SAO has (its bigger than the other two seasons combined) so its no surprise it is getting 4 cours if you already knew that previously.
Sep 14, 2018 5:52 PM

Mar 2012
Heumers said:
I'm not a fan of SAO at all, but I'm looking forward for this season, since people are saying it's the best arc and it's also +50 eps, so I guess it worth watching, I hope it surpass the previous SAO's project and impress me.

Exactly the same for me.
I'm not a big fan of SAO but I'm still hype
Sep 15, 2018 7:09 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
''A person who participated in the Japan premiere of SAO Alicization's first episode claims that during a talk show segment of the event, Matsuoka Yoshitsugu (voice of Kirito) mentioned that Alicization's 4 cours will be split into 2 x 2-cour parts.''

https://twitter.com/sao_wikia/status/1041072668802523141
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Sep 16, 2018 2:52 AM
Jul 2017
Well if it's true that we will have SAO season 3 for a hole year I have relly high expectations for a really decent adaption of the light novels. Because it happens a lot of things, and the history is pretty decent (much better than the first 14 episodes of the first season XD)
SkarolaSep 16, 2018 3:27 AM
Sep 16, 2018 3:13 AM
Mar 2018
Skarola said:
Well if it's true that we will have SAO season 3 for a hole year I have relly high expectations for a really decent adaption of the light novels. Beacause it happens a lot of things, and the history is pretty decent (much better than the first 14 episodes of the first season XD)

yeah, I hope it'll be as good as the second part ot the first season xD
Sep 22, 2018 8:36 PM

Jun 2014
>Season 1: first half was meh, okay. Second half, I still dont hate myself enough to bother watching beyond episode 13

>Season 2: GGO was a decent arc. Aaaand second arc their back to the fantasy world harem game again.

>Movie: didnt even bother watching; thought the franchise would eventually die.

>Season 3: Wellll I guess ill give this shit another chance. Not like theres anything better to watch. It'll be what, 2-cour? I dont mind if it turns out to be a waste of my time again. I may even go back and watch the movie first since its technically a prequel.

>Season 3 is 4-cour: Well fuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Honestly unsure if Im willing to give a year-long commitment to a franchise that has served disappoint multiple times.
Sep 22, 2018 9:21 PM

Jan 2016
Planning to watch it after it finishes, but well.. im not sure i could do that anymore
Sep 23, 2018 9:25 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
I’m not the biggest SAO fan, but I’d sure love to see 50-52 episodes non-stop, excluding obviously the recap episodes after every season.

I don’t know why, but oddly enough I’m always down for shows greater than 2-cours.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 2, 2018 8:04 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
4 cours is indeed great news.
The Alicization arc is one of the best arcs within the stories and im glad that it won't get rushed.

Really looking forward to it
Not long now
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2018 8:33 PM

Apr 2011
Now I wish Index III will have four cours as well side by side with this. That would be so much bettter.
Oct 7, 2018 12:11 AM

May 2008
I don't get why thay waste so much season for this piece of crap. 4-cour: Really? They should make 4 other anime instead this shit. theres is a million anime which deserves to get sequel but dont get it. But this shit get to much...
Oct 7, 2018 4:28 AM

Mar 2014
Magito said:
Now I wish Index III will have four cours as well side by side with this. That would be so much bettter.

As much as this sounds awesome, 26 episodes really does sound like a enough to finish off the Index Light novels since there are only 9 left (Unless u include the extra volumes) to adapt. I have faith in J C Staff
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Oct 7, 2018 9:38 PM

Aug 2013
I think its confirmed split 2 + 2 cour. The bd says 24 ep for the first part

https://sao-alicization.net/bddvd/08.html
Oct 9, 2018 9:38 AM

Oct 2015
This the first show (not aimed at children) to run for more than 3 cours in a row in a really long time... the amount of money they have to be putting into this has to be massive, or else they're going the shounen route and the animation will be mediocre or worse most of the time. Not into SAO at all but this is really interesting to me!

In fact, what WAS the last show to get more than 3 cours? even for ones that went longer than 2, I can really only think of Jojo Part 4 that did it, because so many animes go the split-cour route to save on budget and stretch out the excitement longer. What was it, like, Toriko or something?
Oct 10, 2018 8:11 PM

Aug 2016
Adibash said:
I think its confirmed split 2 + 2 cour. The bd says 24 ep for the first part

https://sao-alicization.net/bddvd/08.html

It's not confirmed yet. It's true they currently only announced 8 bd but that doesn't mean they won't announce more later
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» My enjoyment of Alice is kinda ruined because of Darkness from Konosuba

BigBoyAdvance - Mar 24

11 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 24, 10:33 PM

» Anyone else lowkey prefer Alice to Asuna?

Marinate1016 - Jun 25, 2019

47 by Marinate1016 »»
Mar 24, 11:38 AM

» Kirito needs medical help cause this man’s been through it all

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 11

32 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 14, 9:57 AM

» I just finished this and ""O MY GOD ""

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Mar 2

43 by Fenyy »»
Mar 5, 11:12 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

190 by fssf1606 »»
Feb 12, 2:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.