Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 8, 2018 1:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh wow, Himiko is back and she is up to no good again.

The juicy part of the arc began this episode and it's also interesting to see a glimpse of AFO since he was defeated. Thought this episode was kinda interesting as it brings back the villains' vibe.

Also interesting to see more of Bakugo and Deku again including reflecting their past.
Sep 8, 2018 3:08 AM

Jul 2015
Can't f*****g wait for the next episode!
Sep 8, 2018 3:11 AM

Dec 2008
Next week hype!!!

Sep 8, 2018 3:13 AM

Sep 2014
Everyone from Class A barring Bakugo and Todoroki passed the exam. Actually, I think it was foreshadowed by the OP's last shot where these two are the only ones who are turning their backs against the viewers. Anyway, Toga impersonated Camie in the exam so she can get Deku's blood. All For One and All Might's conversation was pretty intense. And finally the most anticipated moment in this second half is coming.
MonkeyDHunterSep 8, 2018 3:17 AM
Sep 8, 2018 3:33 AM

Feb 2018
The next fight ll be amazing.
And we might get some more villain action in the last few episodes.
Sep 8, 2018 3:37 AM
Feb 2018
I am so fudging excited, i can't fudging wait.

This is bakugo's season and it shows, he really grew up the most during this season out of all the characters.
I can't wait to see this fight and bakugo's continued growth for the character. Because i hope he doesn't become another endeavor.
Sep 8, 2018 3:42 AM

Dec 2015
Toga <3 there was far too little of her but it was great seeing her again <3

Damn, All For One has his way of always getting under my skin. Kudos to his VA for doing such an amazing job. He hinted that Tartarus wasn't going to hold him forever, does he maybe plan to use Ragdoll's quirk to escape? Unless he gave her quirk to someone else...hmm...

Oh wow, they're actually gonna fight it out in the next episode. I hope they don't get punished too badly by Aizawa.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Sep 8, 2018 3:49 AM

Nov 2015
Naruto Vs Sasuke (part 1) > Deku Vs kacchan 2
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Sep 8, 2018 3:50 AM

Feb 2013
Toga took his blood!
It's time for Deku vs Bakugou!
Sep 8, 2018 4:06 AM

Apr 2017
The Toga/Camie reveal was underwhelming as hell compared to the manga to be honest. And they skipped a whole lot of stuff in the tartarus part.

But anyway I'm excited for the next episode. This fight is my favorite in terms of the emotional aspect and my 2nd favorite in terms of choreography. Hopefully Bones treats it well.

Sep 8, 2018 4:10 AM

Nov 2012
So far the main highlight of this season has been All Might vs All for One,let's see how Deku vs Bakugo part 2 goes.
Sep 8, 2018 4:22 AM

Sep 2014
Bones has been doing a poor job at adapting the material as of recently, and apparently that's due to the director changing. Toga's reveal was poor, Stain was not shown and Bakugo's expression was completely off compared to the manga. Sad
Sep 8, 2018 4:31 AM

Mar 2018
dicecop said:
Bones has been doing a poor job at adapting the material as of recently, and apparently that's due to the director changing. Toga's reveal was poor, Stain was not shown and Bakugo's expression was completely off compared to the manga. Sad

I disagree on Bakugo's expression, the ones that have been shown were actuallly really faithful to the manga. I believe you're thinking about some panels that have yet to be adapted.
Sep 8, 2018 4:50 AM

May 2017
yeaaaaaaaaah a cliffhanger as if i didnt expect that.. see you in 1week
Sep 8, 2018 4:51 AM

Jun 2014
It sucks that Todoroki, Bakugou, and Yoarashi didn't pass, but it was expected given their behavior during the exam.

Hm, Camie actually being Toga in disguise seemed like a pretty underwhelming reveal, but it was still nice to finally see her return. Also, they skipped a chapter related to another member of the League of Villains, but they probably wouldn't have been able to fit what they put in this episode if it had been adapted. It also makes sense to skip it for now to have the story flow better, since it would have felt out of place.

All Might vs. All for One: Talking Edition was also great. However, they cut out the conversation that All Might had with Tsukauchi before he saw Deku's text message. Nothing too significant was said, but still....

Anyway, I can't wait to see Deku vs. Bakugou next week.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 8, 2018 4:53 AM

Mar 2018
Toga's reveal totally blew me away in the manga, even thought you could kinda find that out earlier if you connected some pieces. But there, it didn't fell like this big of a deal the way they showed it, hope it doesn't prevent it from being an impactful moment for anime only.

The discussion between All Might and All For One was really well done, AM voice was much more deep and serious, and those close-ups on his eyes were pretty damn powerful. And that final AFO line...you know from here that his role in the story is certainly not over.

Next week is gonna be some real anime greatness.
Sep 8, 2018 4:56 AM

Apr 2018
I feel like they are totally setting up Bakugo to be a villain later down the road. Why else would he act like a cocky arrogant unyeilding asshole all the time? He's too prideful, angry and always has a bad attitude. Definitely not the normal characteristics of a hero as mentioned throughout the show. Idk man, I just feel like it would be a waste to not turn him into a villian at some point in the story with all the this build up and character development we are getting for him. Todoroki fits better as a "rival" character than Bakugo, it just makes more sense that Bakugo would be a villain later. I also think it would make for a better story overall. As is I don't see any other worthwhile villains that could take the place of the main villain. I mean sure there is Shigaraki but he just doesn't feel like he fully fits the role. He seems more like a sad confused kid with daddy issues, lol. What you guys think about this?
Sep 8, 2018 5:05 AM

Jul 2017
The ending few minutes with Bakugou playing detective to Midoriya was easily the best thing this show has produced since the All Might retirement fight.

That was amazing.

Everything else was meh, but overall, a really good episode for once.
Sep 8, 2018 5:06 AM

Nov 2016
This arc was nice, but not necessarily the best. Looking forward to what's ahead after Deku vs Bakugo, just hope we don't have to wait too long.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 8, 2018 5:06 AM

Nov 2015
dicecop said:
that's due to the director changing. Toga's reveal was poor, Stain was not shown and Bakugo's expression was completely off compared to the manga. Sad

It's the same director for all the seasons.

Toga's reveal was just fast and not a cliffhanger (most people on YouTube guessed it was her anyways)

Stain was taken to jail in season 2 , what else is there to show?

Bakugo is never sad, just angry and butt hurt.
Old_School_AkiraSep 8, 2018 5:09 AM
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Sep 8, 2018 5:09 AM

May 2016
The beginning was weak but the last part had me on my toes for quite a while..
Can't wait for next episode.
Sep 8, 2018 5:11 AM

Jan 2013
Explosion boy is super jelly.
Sep 8, 2018 5:17 AM

Mar 2018
ThatsNotGaming said:
I feel like they are totally setting up Bakugo to be a villain later down the road. Why else would he act like a cocky arrogant unyeilding asshole all the time? He's too prideful, angry and always has a bad attitude. Definitely not the normal characteristics of a hero as mentioned throughout the show. Idk man, I just feel like it would be a waste to not turn him into a villian at some point in the story with all the this build up and character development we are getting for him. Todoroki fits better as a "rival" character than Bakugo, it just makes more sense that Bakugo would be a villain later. I also think it would make for a better story overall. As is I don't see any other worthwhile villains that could take the place of the main villain. I mean sure there is Shigaraki but he just doesn't feel like he fully fits the role. He seems more like a sad confused kid with daddy issues, lol. What you guys think about this?

Remember in episode 8 after he blew up Shigaraki, he said that he wants to win like All Might. He looks up to him and wants to become like him, so it just wouldn't be consistent if he ends up becoming a villain.

And wasn't the fact that MHA was to close to Naruto one of its main criticism ? Now that it's going a different path you'd really want Bakugo to become Sasuke ?
Sep 8, 2018 5:23 AM

Jul 2016
I can't wait for next week, hopefully Yutaka Nakamura will be working on it since he also did the poster. As I thought, they skipped most of 115 (only adapted the last two pages), it'll probably be on episode 24 or 25.

Gotta say though, the directing in this episode wasn't that good, the Toga reveal panel and the panel where Bakugou guesses where Deku's quirk comes from weren't done justice. They were so much more dramatic in the manga. They also skipped some dialogue.

Old_School_Akira said:
Bakugo is never sad, just angry and butt hurt.

Well, that's just wrong.

ThatsNotGaming said:

People still thinking Bakugou could become a villain in canon is the reason humanity is doomed.
Sep 8, 2018 5:42 AM

Nov 2011
I was waiting for when Camie cut Midoriya to come back and now it all makes sense...IT WAS TOGA ALL ALONG!!!

Honestly I didn't expect that so when she started melting I was like "Oh shit the blooood!!!!" I guess Ill have to read the manga and see the difference of reveal but I thought it was okay. So does that mean there were two Camies on the field at the same time? What happened to original Camie?
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 8, 2018 5:52 AM

Feb 2014
It's not surprising that Todoroki, Inasa and Bakugo failed to pass the exam, but at least they and the others who failed have another chance to get their provisional license in the future. =)

It did surprise me that Himiko was using Camie as a disguise, although the reveal wasn't that shocking or dramatic, but more subdued than I thought it would be. Either way, she got Midoriya's blood, so Tomura's group have succeeded here.

The intense discussion between All Might and All For One was very interesting and pretty heated between the two. All Might's eyes were really intimidating as he vowed that Tomura will never kill him. That was a powerful scene.

Same goes for Bakugo and Midoriya, where Bakugo now knows that Midoriya's quirk cam from All Might and he now wants to battle Midoriya. Next week is going to be pretty hype, I'm sure! =D
Sep 8, 2018 6:00 AM

Mar 2018
Nice to see All For One again, great tension between bakugo and midoriya at the end, can't wait for next episode
Sep 8, 2018 6:06 AM

Apr 2018
Florent3571 said:
ThatsNotGaming said:

Remember in episode 8 after he blew up Shigaraki, he said that he wants to win like All Might. He looks up to him and wants to become like him, so it just wouldn't be consistent if he ends up becoming a villain.

And wasn't the fact that MHA was to close to Naruto one of its main criticism ? Now that it's going a different path you'd really want Bakugo to become Sasuke ?

His intentions right now may be good but that doesn't mean things always go according to plan. Not every villian starts out evil you know. Also why would the writer make Bakugo's character so feisty and prideful and quick to always cause conflict if he was meant to be a good guy? Just makes no sense. It just doesn't seem to fit the narrative if they are trying to go a different route. Also who cares what the comparison is to Naruto or the criticisms related to that? A writer does not write to pander to the audience but rather to tell their story the way they want to. If that overlaps with another story then so be it, there is no such thing as being 100% original anyways. Every work is based off of something else or gets their inspiration from other works. Nothing wrong with that, so long as it's not a 100% copy.

Username57 said:

ThatsNotGaming said:

People still thinking Bakugou could become a villain in canon is the reason humanity is doomed.

Lol, I sense that you are a Bakugo fanboy? Also nothing wrong with assuming that. I think the author clearly set it up that way for the audience to deduce that from the story and ongoing events. I would be more disappointed if they didn't so something interesting with Bakugo's character. He just doesn't fit the common "rival" trope; he seems more like he fits a "villain in the making" trope. Also humanity is not doomed, isn't that why the good guy always wins at the end of these types of stories?
Sep 8, 2018 6:10 AM

Oct 2017
Really hyped for Deku x Kacchan, Part 2!
Sep 8, 2018 6:14 AM

Jul 2016
ThatsNotGaming said:
Lol, I sense that you are a Bakugo fanboy? Also nothing wrong with assuming that. I think the author clearly set it up that way for the audience to deduce that from the story and ongoing events. I would be more disappointed if they didn't so something interesting with Bakugo's character. He just doesn't fit the common "rival" trope; he seems more like he fits a "villain in the making" trope. Also humanity is not doomed, isn't that why the good guy always wins at the end of these types of stories?

I could write paragraphs telling you how that's not possible but I'll just wait 'till the next episode comes out and hopefully you'll feel differently by then. But why are you talking about "common tropes", do you really just want the story to fall so heavily into the realm of cliche?
Sep 8, 2018 6:16 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode as always.

As expected Todoroki, Inasa and Bakugou failed the exam but on the bright side they're allowed another chance. :)

Deku's joy on getting his license made me happy too. :D
Aww, that Ochako smile. <3

Personally, I never saw Toga's reveal coming in the manga. I never expected that it was her posing as Camie all along but I've always loved this reveal. Watching the anime, I can see how Camie's actions would hint at it actually being Koga but since at that point we don't actually know anything about Camie nor Koga's quirk, it's not easy to spot. xD

All Might and All for One's talk was pretty awesome and super intense. Loved every moment of it especially the part where All Might declares that he won't die and he'll put a stop to whatever All for One is scheming.

Bakugou's figured out Deku's quirk origin, this fight should be really good visually. I have faith that Bones will deliver.

They actually skipped one of the best chapter's of this arc, I guess it makes more sense to have it happen later, maybe the next season or as the last episode of this season. Let's see.
Sep 8, 2018 6:28 AM

Jan 2017
Oh mah damn!
When I expected some from class A to fail, I didn't expect it to be todoroki and bakugou to be the ones; I was rather hoping it was aoyama and mineta -since I find them pointless, and failing would've given them a point to prove.
Lida sleeps so passionately as well... He's the only one who had that nose bubble lmao😂😂

I wonder what happened to the real Camie (if there is a real one)

Can't wait for next week, bakugou and midoriyas are gonna fight. Hypest moment ever.
Sep 8, 2018 6:40 AM
Jan 2017
tambi33 said:
I wonder what happened to the real Camie (if there is a real one)

there is one, and that is all i can say without "spoiler"
Sep 8, 2018 6:41 AM

May 2017
I don't get what's the point of Toga getting his blood? I mean everybody (us viewers) knows to pass OFA it needs Deku's intention, ofc Shigaraki's squad may know or may not but regardless still does not make sense how Shiragaraki would be "delighted" with the blood, are they gonna clone him or something lol could be just Himiko being Himiko, we also know a single drop won't be much useful for her ability so wtf was that?

KatsutoSaki said:
Really hyped for Deku x Kacchan, Part 2!

Lmao, that looks like you're shipping them lol next time just use "vs" unless you made that intentionally
LairucremSep 8, 2018 6:50 AM
Sep 8, 2018 6:45 AM

Jun 2017
People complaining about Toga and the talk with All for one should re-read the manga.

Besides the next plotline (most of chapter 115) Togas reveal was pretty spot on (chapter 114)
Also the talk was 98% directly from the Manga. The only part missing was the aftertalk in the car.

Even if it was ~3 chapters condensed in one episode, it didnt feel rushed.
Sep 8, 2018 6:59 AM

May 2015
Bakugou's VA did a really good job !!
Soo stoked for the next episode :D
Sep 8, 2018 7:29 AM
Feb 2014
Lmao even deku knows camie got them big ass dick sucking lips 😂
Sep 8, 2018 7:43 AM

Jul 2013
So the thot from Shiketsu ended being the thot queen herself. Lmao.
Sep 8, 2018 7:50 AM

Mar 2016
This line was Naruto as fuck XD

Sep 8, 2018 7:55 AM
Jul 2017
That episode was all levels amazing
Sep 8, 2018 7:58 AM
Jan 2016
As i expected, Todoroki, Inasa and Bakugou reproved in the exam, nice to see Todoroki and Inasa admiting their mistake, but it didnt end for them, they will have a second chance!

Didnt expect that Camie could be Himiko disguised, never suspected about that! But now i wonder if there is a true Camie, and where she is. And unfortunately she got Midoriya's blood.

Midoriya and Bakugou's dialogue became intense, we all know that dialogue would happen, sooner or later.

Hyped to see next episode, of course, Midoriya VS Bakugou Part 2, will be an epic fight for sure!
Sep 8, 2018 8:04 AM

May 2015
I can't fu***** wait for the next episode!!!
Sep 8, 2018 8:22 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Please, please, please shut that loud obnoxious POS for once and for all. I cannot stand characters like him. Make it happen Midoriya,
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 8, 2018 8:34 AM

Apr 2014
This episode was well done. The scene with All Might and All for One. But most importantly Izuku and Bakugo scene was pretty nice. Many may not like Bakugo, and that went the same for me as well. But eventually I started to like him. Reasons will show in next episode and other ones will follow after.
Sep 8, 2018 8:54 AM

Jul 2014
PureAgiMaxReborn said:
I don't get what's the point of Toga getting his blood? I mean everybody (us viewers) knows to pass OFA it needs Deku's intention, ofc Shigaraki's squad may know or may not but regardless still does not make sense how Shiragaraki would be "delighted" with the blood, are they gonna clone him or something lol could be just Himiko being Himiko, we also know a single drop won't be much useful for her ability so wtf was that?

We don't know how her ability works, but if i have to guess it would be kinda like stain's, ingest a single drop and she can change into that person, probably the amount has to do with the duration. As for how is usefull, it would be so easy to kill All Might if you could pass off as Deku since he is nothing more than a civilian now.
Sep 8, 2018 9:18 AM

Jan 2014
damn cliffhanger, next week gonna be awesome, Deku vs Bakugo. All Might secret revealed.
Sep 8, 2018 9:19 AM

Mar 2016
Bakugo's character development is too slow. It's quite annoying.

All for One looks like a potato with a mouth. How am I supposed to find someone like that to be threatening?

The highlights in All Might's eyes, during a close up shot of him, makes it look like they just drew half his face, and then flipped it horizontally for symmetry. I am okay with people doing that, but they should at least fix the highlights!

Did the proportions of the characters change? When I had watched season 1, I remember thinking that the designers were at least good at making good body proportions. Right now, the proportions look slightly off.
Sep 8, 2018 9:41 AM
Jul 2018
This episode was great. It was so intense and I can't wait to see what's going to happen next. But with that girl and her power I'm paranoid now. If I see a character acting weird I'm going to think it's her !
Sep 8, 2018 10:00 AM

Mar 2018
Kachchan always seems on the verge of doing something bad
Sep 8, 2018 11:16 AM

Jan 2013
Great episode!
That moment between All Might and All for One was so tense, and the background music made it even tenser!
I believe that in the next episodes the villains won't act but they will collect valuable information and in the next season they will strike with full power! And that's why i'm scared about that prison, i'm afraid that they will attack it and will free all the prisoners inside...

I'm happy that Todoroki and Bakugou didn't receive their license, they don't deserve it...at least now, and this exam shows us that. I like the wind guy, he is a nice guy and he did great by saying sorry first.

Oh my...that ending, it's not like i'm not hyped for the fight but Bakugou is crazy... I hope Midoriya will beat the crap out of him so that he can stop acting like this.
And i also think that Midoriya should have denied what Bakugou said and say like "it's just a coincidence" or something like this, he and All Might should have thought about this and made a plan about what to do in this situation.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Old_School_Akira - Aug 8, 2018

121 by MrGuz »»
Apr 25, 11:57 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

51 by Vindicater »»
Apr 20, 5:38 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 9 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

43 by Vindicater »»
Apr 17, 10:58 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2018

169 by Vindicater »»
Apr 16, 3:26 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2018

230 by Vindicater »»
Apr 13, 6:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.