Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 4, 2018 6:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well Jircniv has balls to be able to confront Ainz like that and uses words to talk his way rather than his fists.

I think even he realizes that Ainz is a being that is on a whole different level ("Monster of Monsters) to any others he's encounterd before. This episode had a more psychological vibe to it with characters' ideals and what they want. Jircniv is more clever than I had thought.

I lol'd @ the nicknames the Floor Guardians were giving to Ainz.
Stark700Sep 4, 2018 7:57 AM
Sep 4, 2018 8:03 AM

Jun 2016
Awesome episode Ainz ooal gown and Nazarick already knows Jinx and empire plan. What a suprise Fludel betray Jinx and side with Ainz he is the one who sent those workers to Nazarick as sacrifice to prove his loyalty to Ainz.There is also another Accomplice of Ainz and Nazarick Renner It seems she siding with Ainz ooal gown and Nazarick as well Since when is the question?

Best episode of this Overlord season 3 and I am giving this 10 out of 10
PrideRoyalIvySep 4, 2018 8:09 AM

Sep 4, 2018 8:31 AM
Mar 2018
As far as I can remeber there was nothing extraordinary during their meeting. What do you expect to see?
Sep 4, 2018 8:32 AM

Dec 2015
Paradyne is having the time of his life lol

Heh, this is getting interesting. I look forward to seeing how what moves Ainz will make towards creating his kingdom!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Sep 4, 2018 8:46 AM

Feb 2008
No "Overlord" title chosen...
Sep 4, 2018 8:46 AM

Jan 2013
In original Light Novel, this part was all about impressions Ainz leaves, but it was mostly glossed over as anime couldn't handle that much internal monologue in a single episode. But since all of that was pretty much "omfg so op what we goona do?" nothing of value was left out.

I am a little bit disappointed that Ainz is back to being clueless after being purposefully benevolent previous episode, but it's not the last time characterization will make this kind of job.
Signature removed. It was too good for this cruel world.
Sep 4, 2018 9:03 AM
Aug 2016

Badhouse incompetent fucks looked at this and were like.."how can adapt this into something that doesn't cost more than 2 yens"

I swear they're doing it on purpose..

>most of the episodes are outsourced to korea
>they make their best animators work on some Netfix shitshows for other studios where they draw some of the most stunning cuts instead of using them on Overlord
>Their 3D CGI team is busy working on AoT, Kabaneri movie and Vinland Saga, so they also outsource that shit to korea
>even the other kids show that they're making right now has better animation than Overlord

They're not even trying..smh
ClickBaitBusterSep 4, 2018 9:06 AM
Sep 4, 2018 9:05 AM

Aug 2015
You can clearly see they are saving time and budget for last few episodes.No objection for me final episodes fight animation will be amazing.
Sep 4, 2018 9:08 AM

Feb 2014
Finally the War of Words I was waiting for. This was the moment of truth through sheer impressions. Damn what an episode!
beast_regards said:
In original Light Novel, this part was all about impressions Ainz leaves, but it was mostly glossed over as anime couldn't handle that much internal monologue in a single episode. But since all of that was pretty much "omfg so op what we goona do?" nothing of value was left out.

Still I gotta say it felt a bit leftout with the beauty trap tactic that Jir planned out. It was a bliss of desir burst.

Levi_Ackerman_10 said:
Awesome episode Ainz ooal gown and Nazarick already knows Jinx and empire plan. What a suprise Fludel betray Jinx and side with Ainz he is the one who sent those workers to Nazarick as sacrifice to prove his loyalty to Ainz.There is also another Accomplice of Ainz and Nazarick Renner It seems she siding with Ainz ooal gown and Nazarick as well Since when is the question?

Really? WOW Never would have thought Renner could be an accomplice, though her true intentions match the accusations.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Sep 4, 2018 9:09 AM

Apr 2008
dasprn said:
Finally the War of Words I was waiting for. This was the moment of truth through sheer impressions. Damn what an episode!
beast_regards said:

Still I gotta say it felt a bit leftout with the beauty trap tactic that Jir planned out. It was a bliss of desir burst.

Levi_Ackerman_10 said:

Really? WOW Never would have thought Renner could be an accomplice, though her true intentions match the accusations.

Did you forget season 2 when Shaltear ran off when she saw Climb? And that Demiurge gave them orders to not harm a certain person? The dots were all there. You jiust had to link them together
Sep 4, 2018 9:10 AM

Jun 2012
Well, I'm disappointed. I'm pretty sure the war of words were supposed to let Jircniv saw the highest level of fear of what Nazarick can do to humanity. Relatively speaking, yeah the episode somewhat still showcase that the humans are on the receiving end. But not enough. Where's the dragons inside the throne room? And the other monster? Well, whatever. The last 5 minutes were good at least or better than how the novel did it.

SidVicious said:
It's more of a categorization of the Undead Class rather than a title. You know, like "Death Knight", " Lich", "Soul eater", etc.
Sep 4, 2018 9:11 AM

Sep 2013
So many things skipped and the throne room is a wasteland, what the hell madhouse :'(
Splat and gobo fights better be top tier.
Sep 4, 2018 9:15 AM

Feb 2013
Another super cool episode, I loved to see the humans realize their place, down under Ainz-sama!
Sep 4, 2018 9:21 AM

Jul 2016
They nailed the conversation in the throne room to be honest! Sugoi!
Sep 4, 2018 9:21 AM

Aug 2018
The throne scene was a bit disappointing compared to the LN, it's supposed to be packed with the many denizens of Nazarick but I guess animating so much life in one area is too hard for Madhouse right now.

Anyway, the die has been cast and the stage is going to be ready soon for the infamous SPLAT scene.
Sep 4, 2018 9:32 AM

Jun 2014
A lot of setup for future events in this episode but I'm looking forward to seeing the payoff and how this all plays out.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 4, 2018 9:36 AM
Apr 2017
What a great episode. Finally this show is picking up pace. Sadly, i heard that season 4 would take a long time to air.
Sep 4, 2018 9:38 AM

Aug 2012
Throne room was empty compared to the ln and we didn't get internal dialogues from Ainz and jircniv during their conversations. At least it's a set up episode. Hope madhouse adapts everything past this well...
Sep 4, 2018 9:39 AM
Mar 2018
btw in light novel Jircniv brought along several noble girls as a gift for Ainz. However when he saw Lupus and Yuri he understood that they were worthless.

Sep 4, 2018 9:43 AM

Aug 2018
Jir wants to make an alliance between all the humanity for fight against Ainz, R.I.P Humanity.

Their reaction after see some of Nazarick's power was funny.
Sep 4, 2018 10:13 AM
Mar 2017
Jircniv is condemned.
The betrayal of Paradyne was surprising, but it was coming, I suspected when Momon and Nabe visited him, I thought they showed him something they brought from Nazarick, something powerful, but I never thought that Ainz would reveal his identity, the poor old man was in ecstasy before so much power.
Jircniv was amazed by the Maids of Nazarick, but the poor man was more worried about the enemy he had in front, Ainz showed mercy and accepted the alliance between the empire and Nazarick.
Again Demiurge and Albedo bring out early conclusions and see a plan that was never planned, Jircniv's betrayal seemed something to be expected by what Demiurge mentions.
Sep 4, 2018 10:14 AM
Dec 2017
SidVicious said:

Exactly I was waiting for that
Sep 4, 2018 10:17 AM

Apr 2008
MJOW1999 said:
SidVicious said:

Exactly I was waiting for that

Overlord is one of his classes >_> IT would make no sense
Sep 4, 2018 10:18 AM
Sep 2018
I am bit disappointed. Whole Emperor Jircniv and Ainz moments don't give an impact on me as a great deal as LN and WN.
Sep 4, 2018 10:18 AM

Oct 2017
Ainz enjoying his harem and trying to prove why his harem is the best, as usual. Loved this episode...
Sep 4, 2018 10:30 AM
Nov 2017
Look look look, can anyone REALLY blame Fluder for siding with Ainz and betraying his country?

While yall meddling around with mere tier 3 magic, some random ass guy come through and show you an aura even Goku couldnt reproduce.

Remember how last episode this girl threw up after seeing that tier 10 aura?

Well some people Throw up and some people Throw away their country, their humanity, and their relationship with their Emperor.
To each and every man their own XD.
Sep 4, 2018 10:37 AM

Apr 2018
God, it's truly a masterpiece to see things going Ains' way without him saying a word about it but letting the other understand its place with only just meeting each other.
I did not read the LN but I'm expecting that blonde king to die and get Renner as ruler as she's a sado like Albedo and she could get her Empire to stay even after the total destruction oh humankind!
I want to see more!
Sep 4, 2018 10:45 AM
Jan 2016
This episode was really good for me!

Ainz showed them how much powerfull he is! His magics, his army and his greater throne hall!

But congratulation to the ones who entered in Nazarick Tomb, they all for sure got some balls!

I love when Ainz dont think in a plan, and his subordinates tell him that his plan is more greater than Ainz thinked, Ainz tell Demirgu to tell other the plan, but he want to know aswell! Really funny!

I really got impressed at the end! Ainz before his encounter with Jircniv already had controled Fludel Paradyne! Making him his disciple showing him his powerfull magic level!
Sep 4, 2018 10:56 AM

Jun 2016
Ainz and Nazarick vs the world we already know who win this. Obviously Ainz and Nazarick will win.Ainz level 100,All level 100 floor guardians,The pleaides,Sebas tian ,Gargantua,Pandora actor,Renner(accomplice) and Fluder(accomplice)

Ainz have this war won before it even began. He has too much overhelming power,resources and information.

Sep 4, 2018 11:03 AM

May 2015
Old man fap to high tier magic
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 4, 2018 11:29 AM

Sep 2012
Watching this as a LN reader really hurts. I mean of course, there will be things that are skipped but you don't need to skip an entire chapter where you give characterization to emperor right?

Damn. So many skipped inner dialogues. They even skipped %98 of the Momon and Fluder scene. All the talk and interaction with Naberal... It hurts. You don't have to rush this iconic scene to hype people Madhouse. Really disappointed.
Sep 4, 2018 11:36 AM

Dec 2017
JayCray21 said:
Look look look, can anyone REALLY blame Fluder for siding with Ainz and betraying his country?

While yall meddling around with mere tier 3 magic, some random ass guy come through and show you an aura even Goku couldnt reproduce.

Remember how last episode this girl threw up after seeing that tier 10 aura?

Well some people Throw up and some people Throw away their country, their humanity, and their relationship with their Emperor.
To each and every man their own XD.

deadass i probably throw literally everything i have to just to taste that otherworldy magic.

i love how confused Ainz whenever Demi started praising him too much for something that even Ainz didnt know it be like that

Ainz be like

“hol up Demi, what you’re on about this time?”
Sep 4, 2018 11:42 AM

Jan 2014
so in the end, Momon reveal that he's Ainz to that magic caster? correct me LN readers, am I wrong?

kenji1104 said:
The throne scene was a bit disappointing compared to the LN, it's supposed to be packed with the many denizens of Nazarick but I guess animating so much life in one area is too hard for Madhouse right now.

Anyway, the die has been cast and the stage is going to be ready soon for the infamous SPLAT scene.

is it going to happen in this season or not?
Sep 4, 2018 11:46 AM

Sep 2018
To Mr. @Abyhape
To answer your questions.
First, yes Momon revealed Fluder (the magic caster) that he was Ainz
And second yes, there will be SPLAT this season, look forward to it
Sep 4, 2018 12:02 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I love seeing Gilgamesh type characters being thouroughly humilliated, so this episode was a blast for me. I love it when Ainz pretends that he knows everything even when he has no idea what Albeldo and the rest of his staff are thinking.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 4, 2018 12:06 PM
Mar 2018
btw in the book Nabe took off her ring first. Fluder knew that she was an arcane magic caster, he used magic detection but couldn't sense her magic at all. He was already in shock because he estimated that she could use 8th tier magic. And when Ainz took off his ring

Sep 4, 2018 12:08 PM

Jul 2016
This reminded me of Shalteark when listening to the supreme beings talking about the seiyuu sister
Sep 4, 2018 12:18 PM

Nov 2013
Old man Fluder jizzed in his pants
Sep 4, 2018 12:58 PM

Aug 2015
Loved the episode, but they cut so much important stuff Jircniv were realizing about Ainz... :( It's like they want to remove all the strategic planning from the series even though this is why series like Death Note and Code Geass are so popular..
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Sep 4, 2018 1:02 PM

May 2016
Well they made a fool of the king when I just had expectations for him as a strong personality yet he was weak as well as his subordinates seriously isn't there a fucking someone who can stand up to that piece of shit.
Sep 4, 2018 1:05 PM

Jan 2013
This episode fully compensated the last one xD
It was so funny to see them all impressed with such "simple" things like changing the weather or controlling those guys xD It was so funny.

I feel bad for the King, he doesn't even know with who he is messing with xD

The old guy went crazy xD

This episode was really good, hope it keeps up like this.

Oh and btw gotta love this "Oh Demiurge you found out, explain to them the plan" hahaha or "You only thought that this was the only plan of Lord Ainz?" hahhaha 10/10
AivanKSep 4, 2018 1:09 PM
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 4, 2018 1:25 PM

Sep 2014
Sasuga Demiurge Ainz sama! poor guy.
Fluder's reaction in the end damn lol
Sep 4, 2018 1:48 PM

May 2018
This is still the same anime where a guy trapped in the virtual world , Right ??????

Cu'z the way I look at it was it is moving away from that premise.
Sep 4, 2018 1:52 PM
Dec 2017
I feel like having Demiurgus basically plan everything will end up with him betraying Ainz. Although the fact that he is a guild NPC and apparently extreme loyalty to Ainz makes me doubt that will happen at some point.

Although considering how Shalttear(?) was mind controlled, would be funny to find out that Demiurgus also is under mind control and he is effectively making all the plans for Nazarick (in some way at least).
Sep 4, 2018 1:59 PM

Apr 2015
That poor Empire... (and the rest of the future alliance), they have no idea what they are up against.

The old man totally went crazy after seeing Lord Ainz's Magic Power and totally set up a trap for the Emporer.

I really want to see Albedo meet Renner, that would be so good.

AivanK said:

Oh and btw gotta love this "Oh Demiurge you found out, explain to them the plan" hahaha or "You only thought that this was the only plan of Lord Ainz?" hahhaha 10/10

I gotta love how Demiurge is always one step ahead of Lord Ainz himself and I love Lord Ainz's reaction when Demiurge stated it. "Huh?"
Sep 4, 2018 3:11 PM

Nov 2015
I thought Fluder's reaction at the entrance to Nazarick was strange at first. He was obviously giddy about the magic power and even taunted the emperor with maybe we should escape now, comment.
After thinking about it, he had already given himself to the mighty sorcerer Ainz and this was his way of letting the emperor, who he respected and helped trained/raised, know he was on his own, without any help from him. It was impressive, since he could have just stayed quiet.
Sep 4, 2018 4:07 PM

Nov 2017
Ulquiorra said:
Another super cool episode, I loved to see the humans realize their place, down under Ainz-sama!
who in turn is under Albedo :)
Sep 4, 2018 4:16 PM
Mar 2016
Gazef Stronoff probably dies in the last episode.
Based on the opening he fight ains.
Happy watching
Sep 4, 2018 4:42 PM

Feb 2014
Darklight0303 said:
dasprn said:

Did you forget season 2 when Shaltear ran off when she saw Climb? And that Demiurge gave them orders to not harm a certain person? The dots were all there. You jiust had to link them together

Hmm never conspired that
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Sep 4, 2018 4:46 PM

Apr 2008
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
This is still the same anime where a guy trapped in the virtual world , Right ??????

Cu'z the way I look at it was it is moving away from that premise.

It was never that. This world was never a game
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord III Episode 2 Discussion

ichii_1 - Aug 8, 2018

42 by VickRune »»
Mar 3, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Overlord III Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2018

267 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 12, 10:06 AM

Poll: » Overlord III Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2018

220 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 12, 9:16 AM

Poll: » Overlord III Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2018

177 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 12, 8:51 AM

Poll: » Overlord III Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2018

585 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 12, 7:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.