Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 24, 2018 7:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
All those poses this episode lol!
Tsubasa continues to prove herself as best girl.

Really glad to see a lot of focus on her this episode. The manga ideas are still pretty typical as usual, nothing really too special but cute.
May 24, 2018 8:39 AM

Apr 2010
Well it seems the evil tests are here and the girl had a hard time with it, most of them anyway.
And it looks like the adults had a nice night out as well.
Seeing them drunk was funny.
May 24, 2018 9:38 AM

Jun 2015
I kinda feel bad for Kaoruko every time her storyboard gets rejected. It was nice of Amisawa to give her some encouragement. The poses the girls were doing to study were funny. It was good to see more of the adults.
May 24, 2018 9:42 AM

Apr 2016
Drunk onee-chans, what more can we hope for ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

But wait, the dorn is going to be torn down ? Whaaat ?
May 24, 2018 10:01 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Kao's is too hard on herself. The girls attempt to cheer Kao's up though was heartwarming. Koyume's manga idea though was hilariously weird. Tsu's ability to switch persona's so quickly though is amazing. Koyume and Tsubasa sure looked like they had fun acting out the knowledge they learned. Its funny how Miharu, Riraka and Kao's editor all know each other and all manage the girls lives to some degree. The interactions between the three were quite funny especially Miharu's. An interesting episode that focused on not just the girls but also on the adults that support them as well. The focus into the struggles that they faced when supporting the girls was interesting.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 24, 2018 10:25 AM

Nov 2016
Kaos-chan, you're going to make it ;_;

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 24, 2018 10:32 AM

Jan 2012
Apparently Kaos actually has technically debuted already, it's just literally no one besides her mom liked it. For whatever reason I was under the impression she hadn't even debuted yet. Well regardless, this episode actually dealt with what is easily me least favorite aspect of the show: the running gag of Kaos being a meek little bag of failure professionally. Seriously when the girls all said they were the same in an early showing of unity all I could think was no, you really aren't. Three of you are at least somewhat successful, and the other is Kaos. It's nice you support her, but that only goes so far. Eventually Kaos must experience some sort of real success in her work, or this is gonna fall flat for me. It feels like the show wants to have things both ways. It wants to try and seemingly earnestly address Kaos' relationship with her Editor, but then make jokes about her continuing to be the butt monkey she has been for the entire series in that regard. I hope I'm wrong, but with just 4 episodes left I fear she isn't gonna get that success she desperately needs and it'll just be played off for some more cgdct antics. Which would be fine if this whole little sideplot didn't exist, I'd honestly probably prefer it didn't, but it does and I'm really not liking it in what is otherwise a pretty good series. It's a shame really, but oh well.
May 24, 2018 10:46 AM

Mar 2018
I hope Kaos-chan will have her debut soon. #ThisAPen
May 24, 2018 11:01 AM

May 2012
Really nice seeing the 3 onee-san girls having some more screen time and they even showed us the time when they were younger.

I found it funny and cute when sensei was jumping around while holding Tsubasa's manga.

I despise woke people.
May 24, 2018 11:01 AM

Aug 2012
"This is a pen! Is this a pen?"

This will be my next pick-up line.
May 24, 2018 11:28 AM

Apr 2018
I laughed so hard at koymes manga, the love intrest was just a male tsubasa and the This is a pen was amazing XD!
I think that kaos will manage to get a manga out by the end of the series tbh, I feel so bad for her at the moment, she always trys so hard!
btw what was the stuff they were saying about the dorm, is it actually going to be closed?
May 24, 2018 12:03 PM

Sep 2015
Is that one of those situations where the author cannot let the MC acomplish her/her dream/objetive because if he does, he will lack off ideas? Because after all the efforts of Kaos and the help of the other girls is weird that she still suck so hard.

Hope to see Kaos doing at least a piece of work which she can be proud until the end of the season.
May 24, 2018 12:10 PM

Mar 2013
oh man this episode it was just... just... oh poor kaos-chan she had it rough this episode. I need more wan nyan nyan wan festival. I swear koyume and tsubasa are great at poses.
May 24, 2018 12:22 PM

Apr 2015
Oh Koyume, your manga is brilliant! "This is a pen." cracked me up so hard! I am lost for words XD

Thoses were pretty funny and Koyume actually posed during the test but only thing she remembered was Tsubaba-chan XD

We get a bit of focus on the adults this episode. Which was a really nice change of pace. Mayu really adores Kaos and how hard she works, she's just very strict and can't lie to her. You'll get there Kaos!

Miharun is so adorable when drunk or when obsessed with Tsubasa's Manga.

The manga dorm will be torn down? Noooo :(

rimka678 said:

btw what was the stuff they were saying about the dorm, is it actually going to be closed?

Yep, closed and torn down sadly
May 24, 2018 12:30 PM

May 2017
I really liked how they focused on the three adult woman in this episode! It was really funny all the scenes with them drunk! xD
I've a blog which I make some reviews of animes, including Comic Girls!
Click here and check it!
gabriel_afMay 24, 2018 1:19 PM
May 24, 2018 4:11 PM

Sep 2017
Lul at this rate Kaos is never going to succeed. Kinda wished one of the girls would have recognized drunk sensei. It would have been pretty funny. Supposedly the dorm will be torn down; I wonder if the anime will get to that. Tbh this feels more like a series where the girls work together to save the dorm to keep the feel of the story the same.
May 24, 2018 5:13 PM

May 2015
Damn, this was a great episode.

May 24, 2018 6:14 PM

Oct 2012
Thought the first half was a bit dull but it really picked up when the older women started hanging out, fan-girling and talking about their manga club. Cute series.
May 24, 2018 6:39 PM

Dec 2014
'This is a pen' was hilarious. xD

Kaos-chan, don't give up! You'll make it eventually.

I love the teacher, she's such a fangirl. xD
May 24, 2018 7:11 PM

Dec 2017
I'd love a side story about the three of them when they were still manga artists.

The teacher is soooo cute.
Least degenerate visual novel enjoyer.

May 24, 2018 7:16 PM

Jan 2011
"this is a pen" lol

self loathing Kaos-chan went full force this week i ended up feeling kinda of bad for her again ,love the drunken sensei moments was throwing me off when she was wearing the uniform but still drunk since she looked way younger than usual !
May 24, 2018 7:39 PM

Jan 2013
i'ce come to the conclusion that the tied up bangs looks has become my favorite anime hair style...Koyume and drunk teacher should tie them up more
May 24, 2018 7:58 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
I did get a bit teary-eyed after watching this episode. Poor Kaos-sensei surely has it rough with her rejected manuscripts.. ;_;

Don't give up, Kaos-sensei! >.< Ganbatte kudasai!!
May 24, 2018 8:02 PM

Aug 2016
So, we won't say anything about the recidence closing?
May 24, 2018 8:11 PM

Jan 2017
This was my favorite episode thus far. I got some laughs here and there and then some touching moments in the latter part of the episode.
May 24, 2018 9:50 PM

Mar 2018
Well, we got a "spoiler" about what's going to happen for the final episode, and I expect to cry from it :'c.

I teared up a little when Mayu was crying over Kaos situation, probably the laughs made me lose my "anti-feels defenses" :'D.

More wan nyan festival please :'3.
One day I'll be active here, in the mean time I'll keep track of what I watch offline 😅
May 24, 2018 10:02 PM

Jul 2016
Shit, I almost shed a tear :'(

I'm actually starting to feel bad for Kaos-chan. Someone please publishes her work!! I'll buy it, I swear! ;_;

That said, the second part was really good. As someone said above, it was a nice change of pace to focus on the three women who also wanted to draw manga when they were in high school. It had some funny moments, including the great appearance of Fuura-senpai xD and it was also really heartwarming at the end as well.
May 25, 2018 12:31 AM
Jul 2018
You can do it Kaos, I believe in you!

Her art is very cute, maybe instead of manga, she can do those youtube drawing channel things, where she tells a story and uses her cute art to illustrate it!
May 25, 2018 12:32 AM

Aug 2014
8 episodes later and she still sucks and hasnt learnt a thing..
May 25, 2018 1:05 AM

Apr 2009
Achaman said:
8 episodes later and she still sucks and hasnt learnt a thing..
and still Kaos still screams-a-lot
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

May 25, 2018 2:33 AM

Apr 2011
Being kaos-chan is suffering. The 'This is a pen' part is hilarious.

But oncoming drama when the dorm gets closed. Just why? You have four mangakas still staying there.

Good to know her editor gave her advise. Goodluck, Kaos-sensei
May 25, 2018 2:59 AM

Oct 2015
Poor Kaos-chan, I hope she will have a great manga someday. Miharu-sensei is probably the most cutest and one of the most prettiest anime teacher ever. I like the visual ED of the adults.
May 25, 2018 4:47 AM

Jul 2015
Well... it's an improvement over that one with the girl being eaten alive by food... They didn't really tackle her horrible art, but they did handle her crappy storyboards, so hopefully she improves a little thanks to that, and we know she can do backgrounds. Also the adults got their own version of the outro.

But now I'm worried about what they are going to do after the dorms get taken down, how will they continue on after this?
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
May 25, 2018 11:12 AM
Aug 2017
I loved the different ending this time!
May 25, 2018 2:44 PM

Feb 2008
Oh, Kaoruko...

Despite her shortcomings, Kaoruko truly deserves praise for her determination and persistence. However, she needs to forge a path ahead soon.

The drunken teacher without her make-up clad in a school uniform was unexpectedly delicious, albeit obnoxious.
May 25, 2018 3:26 PM

Mar 2018
Kaos-chan very unlucky
May 25, 2018 6:19 PM

Oct 2017
MrAwesome2018 said:
"This is a pen! Is this a pen?"

This will be my next pick-up line.

Me LMAO!! My crush will love that. She likes weird humor.
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
May 25, 2018 6:28 PM

Oct 2017
This episode made me have a range of emotions, just like the others. I love this series. It is up there in my faves lol. Probably dethroning YuYuuHakusho as my number 3. Still love YYH tho. I loved the ENGURISHU joke. This is a pen. Is this a pen? Holy crap I'm so gonna tell that to my crush in my weird man voice. She'll love that. The part with Amisawa trying to help Kaoroku almost made me cry. It takes a lot for me to almost cry. Also the teacher in the school uniform is hot. New nut material.

In case you are wondering what makes me cry here are some examples

Krillin's first death (Dragon Ball)
Iggy's sacrifice (Jojo Part 3)
Ash releasing Butterfree (Pokémon)
Atem passing on to the afterlife (Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Monsters)
Prosecutor Miles Edgeworth chooses death (Phoenix Wright Justice for All)

This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
May 25, 2018 6:31 PM

Oct 2017
Magito said:
Being kaos-chan is suffering. The 'This is a pen' part is hilarious.

But oncoming drama when the dorm gets closed. Just why? You have four mangakas still staying there.

Good to know her editor gave her advise. Goodluck, Kaos-sensei

The dorm part getting torn down kinda makes sense. Stuff like this sometimes happens. Usually due to various factors like financial struggle or security issues. It most likely would be financial issues in this case.
May 25, 2018 6:59 PM

Mar 2009
The feels were strong with this episode. I just want Kaos to be successful. She's so pure. ;__;

Also, the teacher is such a babe.

And oh, no! The dorm... :(
May 25, 2018 9:55 PM

Jan 2013
This series become more wholesome every episode. I loved the backstory part. So at the end the girls will get separated (probably) :(
May 26, 2018 1:42 AM

May 2018
At least give kaosu a day when she finally successfull with her storyboard. Damn, I tried so hard to hold tears dropped because of her okay T_T
May 26, 2018 4:34 AM

Oct 2007
Best episode so far. I like the history of the adults, did not know that they were previously manga artists themselves. Sensei is cute in school uniform. :D

As for Kaos-sensei... I hope she get some form of success before this anime ends
Liddo-kunMay 26, 2018 9:09 AM
May 26, 2018 9:01 AM
Dec 2017
Good episode, bit of backstory on the adults, makes sense that they used to be manga artists, kind of explains a lot about sensei to

Also Sensei in a uniform is SO cute!

May 27, 2018 8:39 AM

Apr 2018
This episode was cute as usual! I really liked the variation they did with the ED with all the adults when they were high school students). It was really touching when we found out that all the adults were once manga artists. Also, Ririka-Senpai is best girl!
HaruhiismXMay 27, 2018 8:42 AM
Minori Chihara <3
Aug 29, 2018 3:18 AM
Jun 2016
That line about the dorm getting teared down stopped me from enjoying this series the first time I watched this because I was worried it would turn into Sakurasou in it's final episodes. When re-watching it, even though I know it doesn't turn into Sakurasou now, somehow that line does even MORE damage to my enjoyment of the series.

GOD DAMN IT, if those two lines weren't present, the series would be a lot better.
Sep 24, 2018 12:03 AM

Feb 2008
After the first episode, this one is the best of the lot I've watched so far in this series. With this episode the series, in my mind, finally stands on its own and not in the shadow of another series I watched about 11 years ago.

Tongue in cheek remark...that cat is waaaay too small. ;-)
Dec 6, 2018 3:56 AM
Nov 2018
I feel bad when kaoruko's work gets rejected but that's the best in order to be the best she can be.
Mar 1, 2019 11:03 AM

May 2012
Sure was a lovely episode again, quite like where this is going and do like the connection between all the characters. Let's see what's next.
Sep 17, 2019 4:42 AM

Aug 2018
Well.. It's at the same time 2 things with Kaos.. One, she might really want to try take critique as exact advises what to fix.. Like.. Draw characters differently.. On the other hand.. It's been a while and many failures for her already.. So it's understandable, why she's depressed about this, doing no good for a long time, and works not accepted several times.. And who knows, if manga is her thing or not in the end, really.. She is a good and nice girl, not worthless, just her existence makes world better for people around, including her friends.. But is manga truly her thing - who knows?..
"This is a pen" - best line to flirt with girls, lol.. ;P
Aw, Amisawa wrote sweet message to Kaos, telling that break is important as well.. ;p
So Kaos is really depressed by things, but also trying very hard, doesn't she?..

Honestly, I think that maybe this series might end on a bitter note.. It's not necessary that Kaos will become a good mangaka, and anime might just end on thing that no matter how hard you try, sometimes you just have to accept that not all things are your things.. As in real life, you know.. Maybe I or whoever would like to be actor, singer, or someone, but it doesn't necessary mean that we can become them, even with hard work.. .. Of course, I'm not sure anime will end like this, but it can end like this..
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Comic Girls Episode 12 Discussion

fukumenkei - Aug 12, 2018

23 by MeguSae38 »»
Oct 5, 2023 10:52 AM

Poll: » Comic Girls Episode 11 Discussion

11 by antoninus_v »»
Sep 11, 2023 10:30 PM

Poll: » Comic Girls Episode 10 Discussion

removed-user - Aug 15, 2018

8 by antoninus_v »»
Sep 5, 2023 8:39 PM

Poll: » Comic Girls Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2018

81 by dezurnimrgud »»
Sep 2, 2023 6:42 AM

Poll: » Comic Girls Episode 9 Discussion

9 by antoninus_v »»
Aug 28, 2023 3:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.