Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 22, 2018 8:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ramen looks good in this show although not on par with some of the previous food dishes imo.

Really nice to see everyone working hard to improve their dishes. The episode showed the usual competitiveness of this anime. I'm also really glad to see Erina, Hisako, Megumi, etc hanging out together when not working.

It feels that Erina is much more open to her friends since coming to the dorm. In particular, I like the character chemistry between Erina and Megumi this episode.
Apr 22, 2018 8:53 AM
Sep 2016
Was a pretty episode
Apr 22, 2018 9:56 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode again.

Glad to see our rebels are passing the exam with flying colors.

The sight seeing was great, made me really happy to see Erina enjoying herself. I guess she's finally able to see the world through her own eyes and not her family's. Ah, the beauty of friendship . <3

So everyone got split up as previously mentioned.
Rindou at the end. <3

Hayama is a member of the Elite 10 now? Talk about plot twists.
Apr 22, 2018 10:02 AM

Jan 2014
So they skip through a lot of things in the train arc and get right to the Souma-Hayama match. I really like this because the train arc is terrible with cliche villains.

Apr 22, 2018 10:09 AM
May 2013
My friends forced me to watch this show and it becomes almost unbearable to me now.
Seriously, are they going to repeat this pattern throughout the exams? The rebels are low on ingredients and also at disadvantage and have to get their own ingredients. But due to the power of magic they finish and we get the well known ecchi scenes. I just don't get how people can watch this. Hopefully some of the students will get kicked out, I am sick of this pattern already.
Apr 22, 2018 10:11 AM
Oct 2013
wait what i thought he was one of the rebels too
Apr 22, 2018 10:12 AM

Apr 2018
All these challenges are like 2 minutes at best.... Especially after watching a youtube video about how this season uses a lot of panning shots.

This season seems much more like a manga than watching an anime

At least they hyped Hayama a bit in the end, can't wait for the next episode
Apr 22, 2018 10:14 AM

Feb 2017
SoraWingux said:
My friends forced me to watch this show and it becomes almost unbearable to me now.
Seriously, are they going to repeat this pattern throughout the exams? The rebels are low on ingredients and also at disadvantage and have to get their own ingredients. But due to the power of magic they finish and we get the well known ecchi scenes. I just don't get how people can watch this. Hopefully some of the students will get kicked out, I am sick of this pattern already.

They did it only twice now. And they didn't pass due to power of magic, but due to their knowledge of cooking and that's what the show is about.
But don't worry, they won't repeat these kind of tests anymore.

The Episode was okay, it was just a warm up for what is about to come. It was nice seeing the characters casually having fun hanging out together, especially Erina, now that she has a bunch of real friends for the first time, she's really starting to shine. Smiling suits her.

But now it's time for the Souma-Hayama Rematch!
CurianApr 22, 2018 10:37 AM

When you swim in the sea and an eel bites your knee, that's a moray!
Apr 22, 2018 10:15 AM
Mar 2017
beautifull and shocking episodes for anime only watchers hahahaha
as usual, thats not foodwars if we not seeing the despair and lovely realitionship
don't worriy, everything will be fine with hayama LoL

rating : 8/10
Apr 22, 2018 10:22 AM

Jan 2017
I loved the first 2 seasons, but this arc is too over the top for me. I get that this is anime and a shounen too so they want to do a big antagonist, but in the cooking setting it just gets ridiculous. The "villains" are so cliche they might as well be twirling their mustaches while they laugh about... basically bullying students.

At least it seems like the villain teacher of the week formula has ended with this ep, so I'm curious about the next one, happy to see Hayama back, I hope he mixes it up a little.

I heard this arc is still going in the manga, so I hope the anime can maybe quicken the pace a little, I would love it to go back to the battles between students, without the "evil school system" pulling the strings.
Apr 22, 2018 10:33 AM
Sep 2017
The ones who read the manga knows already whats going to happen xd
I love the animations <3 and The Last Scene with Rindou and Souma really happy to see it
I can t wait in the next episodes to see the moments in the future
Still The ones who already read the manga knows what they are waiting for it :P
Apr 22, 2018 10:36 AM

Jan 2018
Another great episode. Nice to see Takumi and Nikumi getting some more screen time.
No idea what's going on with Hayama though.
Apr 22, 2018 10:37 AM

Nov 2016
Another stage and another struggle for the rebels this episode. Like previously the rebels didn't have the privilege to have the ingredients.

With the help of Erina's lessons they overcomed and made a dish. Visual wise this wasn't that beautiful. That comparation of Erina to Jean of Arc tho. Erina is now more open to the others, is nice that she is getting some development in each episode.

When things were doing good the rebels are separated and take different routes. That ending with the introduction of the new Elite Ten, wasn't expecting that. Was a good twist and cliffhanger.

This episode felt weaker, I'm not a big fan of the stages where the rebels always find the solution to overcome the situation. It needs a feel of danger.
NoloranApr 22, 2018 11:17 AM
Apr 22, 2018 10:47 AM
Nov 2017
You know, I was gonna come here and say how Hayama is a traitor for allying with Central but then i realized that Central probably threatened June's position in the school so Hayama went with the Elite Ten to save her. Ion know how June feels about Hayama fighting his former friends though.
Apr 22, 2018 10:48 AM
Mar 2017
Skennes said:
Another stage and another struggle for the rebels this episode. Like previously the rebels didn't have the privilege to have the ingredients.

With the help of Erina's lessons they overcomed and made a dish. Visual wise this wasn't that beautiful. That comparation of Erina to Jean of Arc tho. Erina is now more open to the others, is nice that she is getting some development in each episode.

When things were doing good the rebels are separated and take different routes. That ending with the introduction of the new Elite Ten, wasn't expecting that. Was a good twist and cliffhanger.

This episode felt weaker, I'm not a big fan of stages where the rebels always find the solution to overcome the situation. Needs a feel of danger.
that danger will happening, trust me.
Apr 22, 2018 10:48 AM

Apr 2017
Shokugeki is my favorite anime but this season (first cour too) the animation is really bad.. So many static panels, I miss the 1st season budget but I guess that's normal..
And even the plot quality is dropping, I hope this turn out better with the upcoming Souma x Hayama "battle". I don't read the manga so ye I don't know what awaits me.
At least my goddess aka Rindou is "badass" as always so I'm happy with that.
3.5/5 (4/5).
Apr 22, 2018 10:54 AM

Sep 2017
kiza1379 said:

You will understand soon
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 22, 2018 10:58 AM

Jul 2017
Very good episode. But now this shit is gonna get real exciting. As a manga reader, I'm pumped for whats gonna happen now.
Apr 22, 2018 11:01 AM

Nov 2011
My favorite part of the episode was when Isami, Megumi, Mito, and Nakiri were walking together. It just showed how close these kids have gotten over time. It was definitely a group you don't often see together and it was a nice change of pace.

Wow Hayama with the heel turn of the century. I never liked him and now I hate him more.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the previous elite ten seats will do.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 22, 2018 11:01 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The intro of the elite ten and former elite ten members were done pretty well. The examiners attempts to hinder them sure were childish. Erina's training even accounted for the childish tricks that they faced this time huh. The image of Erina as a dominatrix though lol. But Thanks to Erina the rebels really are on the roll. The image of Erina as Jean D'arc though was fitting for her. Its nice seeing Erina be more relaxed and less serious though. Mito's words really were heartfelt. Loving this new side to Erina though. But it looks like the exam's getting real as their next opponent is the e10.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 22, 2018 11:02 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Pretty good episode. We get the cast being treated unfairly again so they can be set to fail in making noodles but in the end they succeed. I like the brief moment of peace everyone had after passing. Now Soma next fight is with Hayama who's now and Elite Ten member which should be pretty cool to see.

am looking forward to the next ep
Apr 22, 2018 11:03 AM
Oct 2013
Fr0nzy said:
kiza1379 said:

You will understand soon

Tanoshimiiiii xD
Apr 22, 2018 11:07 AM

Jun 2014
Now that we've moved past the "evil teacher trying to sabotage the rebels," it's time to get into the Elite Ten battles, beginning with Souma vs. Hayama.

I really liked the scenes where everyone was roaming around having fun. Seeing Megumi and Erina bonding, in particular, was nice to watch.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 22, 2018 11:08 AM

Jul 2015
God, this episode made me so hungry.

The Erina and Mito scene was heartwarming, Erina in general is so happy having everyone around, things sure changed from the start of the series.

Akira being Souma's opponent caught me so off guard while reading the manga and it is still now, awesome episode!
Apr 22, 2018 11:21 AM

Jun 2017
Anyone else considering dropping this season? Erina becoming the main character is the only interesting part of the plot in the 3 eps, it feels like I'm watching 22 min episodes 15 of which is dumb copy pasted sh*t.
Apr 22, 2018 11:32 AM
Dec 2017
SoraWingux said:

Ahh.. that must be hard on you...why don't you stop watching already .
Seriously, this show isn't even meant for you if you can't even distinguish between well planned remarkably intelligent cooking and magic.. my friend.
Apr 22, 2018 11:35 AM

Feb 2017
kuboy_ said:
Anyone else considering dropping this season? Erina becoming the main character is the only interesting part of the plot in the 3 eps, it feels like I'm watching 22 min episodes 15 of which is dumb copy pasted sh*t.

There are only 3 episodes out now and they repeated the "unfair test" pattern only once now and you're already thinking about dropping the whole series because of this?
Impatient much?

When you swim in the sea and an eel bites your knee, that's a moray!
Apr 22, 2018 11:36 AM
Dec 2017
Kaiser_Senpai said:
Shokugeki is my favorite anime but this season (first cour too) the animation is really bad.. So many static panels, I miss the 1st season budget but I guess that's normal..
And even the plot quality is dropping, I hope this turn out better with the upcoming Souma x Hayama "battle". I don't read the manga so ye I don't know what awaits me.
At least my goddess aka Rindou is "badass" as always so I'm happy with that.
3.5/5 (4/5).

Yeah.. completely agree with you there .
The static panels piss me off as well. But we all know that SOS will definitely make a comeback and we'll get to see more of souma's awesomeness.
Mugiwara1411Apr 22, 2018 11:39 AM
Apr 22, 2018 11:47 AM

Dec 2015
You can't be serious, does this anime always have to treat every serious situation with humor? I'm not even nervous about their upcoming fight with the Elite Ten, I'm sure they'll just pop in chibi forms and ruin every serious moment with lame comedy.

Souma is right, the way these teachers, or instructors, or whatever they are, are treating the "rebels" is beyond childish.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 22, 2018 12:04 PM

Jan 2017
This episode was boring -considering what the anime has given us in past.
I didn't like how in these (sort of) preliminaries it was so easy for them to win; even though they were face with such circumstances...
On the bright side though, they seem to be fairly minor details as they're going to go up against the current elite ten members. Can't wait for next week, it's an opportunity for Souma to even the score with Haryana (I'm pretty sure he lost to him in the first cour of this season -or was it the second season- I've already forgotten 😅😅)
Apr 22, 2018 12:08 PM
Feb 2018
this anime just keeps getting better . With this popularity do you guys think we will see another season ?
Apr 22, 2018 12:28 PM

Mar 2012
Saito finally has a speaking line in the beginning. It was a bit funny seeing Momo being deathly afraid riding on airplanes and had to be dragged by the 5th seat. The rebels easily completing their tasks despite getting rigged (again) by those corrupted teachers does makes Central look like a joke. At least, they should no longer deal with them anymore. Great display of Erina as Jean D'arc though.

In the end, looks like Hayama has just joined the dark side...err I mean Central.
SilentSnakeApr 22, 2018 1:09 PM

Credit to Hihanteki
Apr 22, 2018 12:45 PM

Feb 2013
That last scene was so anti climatic compared to manga, I was hoping they would use "One's Soul Food" there, well there's still a chance next week.
Apr 22, 2018 12:51 PM

Feb 2014
Seeing Momo's fear of planes was pretty cute, especially where Saito drags her when she refuses to move. =)

Either way, Central's second attempt to rig the test for the rebels, like the first round, went up in smoke. If anyone is thinking that this repeating trend will continue, then fear not. The third round is where things get REALLY tough, as shown at the end with Akira's appearance. Soma now has a golden opportunity to finally avenge his defeat to Akira from the Fall Classic.

The comparison between Erina and Jeanne D'Arc was really nice and it also showed just how much more open and kinder Erina has become since season one. =)

@Kaiser_Senpai Honestly, I don't really agree with you on the animation part. The only thing I would criticise is the excessive amount of scenes with the camera constantly moving around left, right, up, down, zooming in or out. The ACTUAL animation and art quality, in all honestly, is virtually no different between season one, two and the first half of season three, personally and I'm fine with that. If you want bad animation, then Golden Kamuy would be the prime choice for you.
Apr 22, 2018 1:42 PM
Jan 2018
Love it, mainly teeing up for something bigger but still amazing
Apr 22, 2018 1:45 PM

Dec 2014
Meta_Yoshi said:
Seeing Momo's fear of planes was pretty cute, especially where Saito drags her when she refuses to move. =)

Either way, Central's second attempt to rig the test for the rebels, like the first round, went up in smoke. If anyone is thinking that this repeating trend will continue, then fear not. The third round is where things get REALLY tough, as shown at the end with Akira's appearance. Soma now has a golden opportunity to finally avenge his defeat to Akira from the Fall Classic.

The comparison between Erina and Jeanne D'Arc was really nice and it also showed just how much more open and kinder Erina has become since season one. =)

@Kaiser_Senpai Honestly, I don't really agree with you on the animation part. The only thing I would criticise is the excessive amount of scenes with the camera constantly moving around left, right, up, down, zooming in or out. The ACTUAL animation and art quality, in all honestly, is virtually no different between season one, two and the first half of season three, personally and I'm fine with that. If you want bad animation, then Golden Kamuy would be the prime choice for you.

It's like they can do what they want with the rebels.... will this continue the entire 12 episodes
Apr 22, 2018 1:47 PM

May 2013
So Hayama has joined the Elite Ten during Central's takeover? What a prick. lol
Apr 22, 2018 1:47 PM
Mar 2015
Joan of Arc and her potatoes save the day. And now the Elite 10
Apr 22, 2018 2:03 PM

Jun 2017
Curian said:
kuboy_ said:

There are only 3 episodes out now and they repeated the "unfair test" pattern only once now and you're already thinking about dropping the whole series because of this?
Impatient much?

Nah, it's more like the tip of the iceberg - I loved season one but the show has only gone downhill in every regard since then. For me season 2 was still good, and the first part of the 3rd one was just okay. I'm only saying it because there isn't much miss out on if you skip the test and half of the they went to town.
Apr 22, 2018 2:16 PM
Sep 2017
Watches the episode, thinks "Ehh, its decent, but if they keep up this pattern. it'll get boring soon"

Watches the post-ED scene, starts laughing manically. I know him being their opponent is obvious, but still, doesn't stop it from being good...
Apr 22, 2018 2:16 PM

Feb 2014
ibraheem234 said:
Meta_Yoshi said:

It's like they can do what they want with the rebels.... will this continue the entire 12 episodes

I'm still in the middle of this arc in the manga, so I'm not the right person to answer that question, unless I want to spoil myself to find out for you. Sorry. >.<
Apr 22, 2018 2:19 PM

May 2016
Loved the heartwarming night walk, Nakiri was enveloped by the power of true friendship.

HAYAMAAAAAAA :(
Apr 22, 2018 2:30 PM

Jul 2013
It's funny, while watching the first part of the third season last year, I thought Katsuyuki Konishi's voice would be perfect for the dude of the Elite 10 who looks like a samurai (the one ranked 5th), and, surprise, surprise, they indeed casted him for the character. I'm honestly surprised.
Apr 22, 2018 2:30 PM

Oct 2014
Can anyone explain why Hayama is fu*ing traitor?
Apr 22, 2018 2:39 PM
Nov 2013
This ep got me soo.. hyped up for upcoming episodes. Yukihira vs Hayama it should be a great food battle.
Apr 22, 2018 3:18 PM

Apr 2015
Again, these Central examiners are definatly working on my nerves!

I find it funny how Megumi always ends up in the same room with Souma when it comes down to cooking. Lucky girl!

Ruler, is that.... I mean, Erina in that armour <3

This episode is very colourful with all those lights in the background when they were walking around the city.

The development for Erina this season so far is so outstanding. To think I couldn't really stand her when I first started Shokugeki no Souma. She has grown to me.

Megumi still best girl though!

Hayama being one of the Elite 10 now?? Didn't see that coming. Explains why we haven't seen him up to now.
Apr 22, 2018 3:42 PM
Mar 2016
So it's them rebels vs the Elite 10 from here on, starting with Hayama.
Apr 22, 2018 4:56 PM

Oct 2012
Is is just me or was their chara designs updated for them to look older?

But it was pretty nice to see them on the road with Erina, enjoying theirselves in the city. She and Megumi were cute together too. So far I like the pacing, if they skip some boring repetive battles be it.

Anyway sleepy faces of Megumi and Souma were marvellous :D And Hayma is real betrayer then, wonder what they have on him. Rematch it is then, Souma better wins that duel.
Apr 22, 2018 5:23 PM

Aug 2010
The ending literally made my jaw drop :O HAYAMA WHAT ARE YOU DOING THERE?!?!?
WAT???
Apr 22, 2018 5:43 PM

Sep 2015
On the manga Hayama's missing was something some people don't even notice, but in anime Hayama's missing was only few week.

Rindou still best girl and the best one from Central too and you will why later.

This part of this arc don't really memorable for me so i asking some manga reader here
Into the Internet!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2018

56 by Beguni »»
Apr 13, 9:45 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen Episode 12 Discussion

nickehhhhhh - Aug 8, 2018

44 by aod-kun »»
Oct 31, 2023 5:21 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen Episode 10 Discussion

tidoesstuff - Aug 9, 2018

27 by aod-kun »»
Oct 31, 2023 4:14 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2018

92 by aod-kun »»
Oct 31, 2023 2:45 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 13, 2018

130 by aod-kun »»
Oct 31, 2023 1:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.