Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 22, 2018 8:35 AM

Jan 2013
It's been only 3 episodes and i'm already loving it.
I thought it would be a comedy all the time, but Anzu's story changed my opinion completely.
hahahahahahahahahaha The bar scene was fantastic! haha it was so good xD Hitomi the best barmen xD The reactions of her teacher were so funny xD
And that ending, i feel bad for you Nitta xD at least she tried haha
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 22, 2018 9:43 AM

Jul 2016
This started funny but then picked up seriousness. Anzu in homeless life, this felt sad.

Nitta sure will get mad with the mess but Hina's sudden stomachache, if it's a serious matter that she needed to be hospitalized, Nitta might instead be worried for her.
Apr 22, 2018 10:52 AM

Jun 2017
This was an ok episode. It wasn't bad, I just enjoyed the first 2 more. The episode was kind of weird.
Apr 22, 2018 11:49 AM

Apr 2011
If Hitomi works just 3 hours a day for 5 days a week for 4 weeks a month, she'll make more money than I do working 8 hours a day for 5 days a week for 4 weeks a month. She's in middle school. I'm a professionally qualified assistant auditor. Fuck me.
Apr 22, 2018 7:28 PM

Jan 2016
It might just be me, but the bartender woman (Utako I think her name was?) was really irritating this episode. The way she snatched the money from Anzu was *understandable* since it was to make up for stolen goods, but when she blackmailed a middle schooler into working for her as a bartender?? Came off more as mean-spirited and predatory rather than funny.
Apr 22, 2018 7:37 PM

Feb 2014
Cherstal said:
It might just be me, but the bartender woman (Utako I think her name was?) was really irritating this episode. The way she snatched the money from Anzu was *understandable* since it was to make up for stolen goods, but when she blackmailed a middle schooler into working for her as a bartender?? Came off more as mean-spirited rather than funny.

Utako works in a bar located in some shady alley, and which is frequented by Yakuza. So I don't expect her to be a particularly "good" person.
Apr 22, 2018 7:42 PM

Jan 2016
Vhailor said:
Cherstal said:
It might just be me, but the bartender woman (Utako I think her name was?) was really irritating this episode. The way she snatched the money from Anzu was *understandable* since it was to make up for stolen goods, but when she blackmailed a middle schooler into working for her as a bartender?? Came off more as mean-spirited rather than funny.

Utako works in a bar located in some shady alley, and which is frequented by Yakuza. So I don't expect her to be a particularly "good" person.

Yeah, fair enough. I guess it's just the way they portray her in the OP as becoming Hina's new "mother" figure that threw off my expectations.
Apr 22, 2018 10:17 PM

Jan 2017
made me tear when yassan was helping anzu
yassan such a good guy :')
i was sort of thinking thank god they didnt rape her, ( i see those a lot in hentai so )

it was so hilarious on the bartender part xD
i knew utako was gonna trick her! xD

lol hina trynna clean the house and then a cliffhanger
he is so gonna freak out xD
Apr 23, 2018 4:17 AM

Oct 2008
OMG! another great episode!
It's very great that Anzu ended-up with the homeless group! It made Anzu definitely much better person compared to Hina...in terms of learned values/wisdom from those homeless!
Hitomi's got top class bartender talent there!
Hina made disaster again! LOLZ I wanna see Nitta's reaction! too bad it was cut off by the ED!
5/5.

Apr 23, 2018 7:22 AM

Mar 2018
Cherstal said:
Vhailor said:

Yeah, fair enough. I guess it's just the way they portray her in the OP as becoming Hina's new "mother" figure that threw off my expectations.

I actually find Utako's character very interesting. Early on they painted her out to be a good influence in Hina & Nitta's lives, giving Hina that pep-talk and going along with Nitta to the girly club (going so far as to close her own bar for the night!). And yeah, the OP scenes.

But then we see her yelling that she hates the police, and then we see her do the pretty evil deed of tricking & blackmailing poor Hitomi. So she's no angel.

But of course, myself, I'm now pretty conflicted on whether or not I like her character :-P

Also yeah, these people work with the Yakuza, so despite them seeming decent much of the time they're okay with being criminals or working with criminals, so they can't be angels. This applies to Nitta too - when he goes out womanizing and leaves Hina with Mackerel its a good reminder that he has that side to his character as well as the caring side.

I like it, it makes them both feel much more real.
♫ やっと見つけた織姫様 だけどどこだろう彦星様
これじゃひとりぼっち ♫

"Just like my arms... can never be soft and warm, like yours are"
Apr 23, 2018 9:49 AM

Nov 2011
Hope it won't always divided in such an episodic nature but still good, liking Anzu a little more now.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Apr 23, 2018 11:38 AM
Mar 2014
Anzu = Feels

Hitomi = Black Comedy

Hina/Nitta = Slapstick/Dry humor

Mao = Who cares about Mao???
Apr 23, 2018 6:16 PM

Jul 2015
Fantastic episode as usual

Hitomi thought she was playing 3D chess but then saw Utako was playing 7D reverse backgammon lol
Apr 24, 2018 7:03 AM

Apr 2018
Great episode. I love the Anzu and Hitomi part. Beyond one's expectations.
Apr 24, 2018 12:48 PM

Dec 2009
What the heck is this show. I'm losing my shit with Hitomi's parts.
Apr 26, 2018 3:45 AM

May 2015
Omg, I wasn't prepared for the feels, so heartwarming<3
That cliffhanger at the end tho lol, poor Hina
Apr 26, 2018 6:18 AM
Apr 2017
lol it ended there
Apr 26, 2018 7:21 AM
Jan 2017
Mishima part in the episode was amazing, and the funniest part of the episode.

TBH: I saw Hina failing her attempt to clean the apartment from the get-go.
Apr 26, 2018 2:33 PM

Feb 2008
Moral of the story: backups are crucial. Hitomi learned it the hard way. For better or worse, Utako has taken quite a liking to her.

Hina's attempt of cleaning out the dwelling was amusing as well, for all the wrong reasons...
Apr 27, 2018 1:48 AM

Jul 2015
I am curious about something.

Is the anime following the manga closely?

This episode seemed like they adapted everything from the manga so i want to know it from someone who follows the manga.

Apr 27, 2018 2:03 AM
Oct 2016
Vivekananda said:

This episode seemed like they adapted everything from the manga so i want to know it from someone who follows the manga.

umm, the manga already had around 73 chapters iirc
and the anime adapt around 3-4 chapters per episode (which is pretty great pacing)
so yeah, the manga still have alot of things to be adapted
Apr 27, 2018 6:10 AM
Mar 2018
Vivekananda said:

they skipped alot chapters but so far it's staying true to the source
Apr 27, 2018 3:53 PM
Jul 2014
that cliffhanger.
Apr 27, 2018 5:19 PM

Feb 2017
Third episode was quite fun to watch, i'm watching ep 4 right now.
Anyways i loved seeing Anzu's character development, it was touching.
Mishima's transformation to a perfect bertender was fun to watch as well.
This anime turned out better than i expected it to be. It's fresh and entertaining. :)
" I and the public know What all schoolchildren learn,
Those to whom evil was done Do evil in return " W. H. Auden

Apr 27, 2018 5:24 PM

Feb 2017
shiro_kai said:
Utako is the devil!
Hard times are waiting for Anzu. She should just ask for shelter with Hina and Nitta, so much pride.

I'm glad she didn't tho. Her character development is quite nice. I like it a lot. As we see in the OP she'll find a job soon, hopefully?

Apr 27, 2018 5:34 PM

Sep 2015
noufa_kisaki said:
shiro_kai said:
Utako is the devil!
Hard times are waiting for Anzu. She should just ask for shelter with Hina and Nitta, so much pride.

I'm glad she didn't tho. Her character development is quite nice. I like it a lot. As we see in the OP she'll find a job soon, hopefully?

I know, is good to the show and she will become much more responsible than Hina in the future this way, but a I cant stop feel bad for her internally. :(
Apr 27, 2018 6:05 PM

Feb 2017
shiro_kai said:
noufa_kisaki said:

I know, is good to the show and she will become much more responsible than Hina in the future this way, but a I cant stop feel bad for her internally. :(

Me too, but i guess it's smtg really good. She's grow up to be an amazing person this way. Her character development is my favourite in this anime <3

Apr 28, 2018 2:08 AM

Jun 2013
Hilarious exchange between Hitomi and Utako. Top 10 Anime Betrayals right there.
Apr 28, 2018 2:42 AM

Apr 2015
I made it 2/5 through Anzu's part then skipped it, couldn't stand everything. Maybe later.

I find it all a bit interesting that the show's dealing with rather...realistically...cuntish characters. Not that I'm completely liking it, but feels fresh in anime terms

Hina's part was fun.
Apr 28, 2018 5:30 AM

Feb 2014
Hobo 101 life, Secret life and dependent life. All of them gave different feels.
Utako is one hell of a woman. Poor Mishima XD
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Apr 29, 2018 1:11 AM

Feb 2018
Amazing episode! Didn't expect this show to have a mature theme (the hard life of homeless people). Love it so far. The song was priceless.
Apr 29, 2018 6:33 AM

Apr 2013
God I love this show. My favourite of the season so far by a long way
Apr 29, 2018 9:18 AM

Nov 2011
Wow! The story takes a turn that I did not imagine at the beginning, since in the previous episode was joking and laughing without thoughts, now even comedy the situation, begins to be more serious speech. Poor Anzu and Hitomi, but Hitomi gets better.
May 1, 2018 9:58 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Of the 3 shorts, the second, the Mishima story was the best!!! A student ended how Bartender, hilarious with the teacher!!!!
May 11, 2018 8:22 AM

Feb 2015
This anime is so brilliant, wow. Anzu has improved and the first segment was very touching. I think it portrayed the homeless community very well, which is rare in anime. Hitomi is surprisingly likeable so the second part was really fun too. And Hina was so funny in the last part. I don't usually like clumsy characters but she's just so lovable. Great episode, hope this anime keeps up at this quality!
May 12, 2018 11:16 PM

Aug 2015
The first segment hit right in the feels.
Wow the bartender lady is a real p.o.s.
May 12, 2018 11:16 PM

Nov 2017
Anzu’s song is great! Hitomi, a bartender?! So stupidly funny! All the characters are hilarious and odd, makes this one unique show!
OikuraMay 12, 2018 11:23 PM
May 14, 2018 7:39 AM

Dec 2012
The homeless men could have use Anzu in a more useful way if you get what I mean. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
And the bartender part is so damn good LOL!

May 15, 2018 11:49 AM

Jul 2009
So Anzu is a homeless now!
The teacher is really stupid LOL
Hina is a disaster!
May 18, 2018 10:24 PM

Dec 2017
Poor Mishima got blackmailed into working as a bartender. I like how the homeless man is helping Anzu and I’m glad she was able to pay the people she stole from back. Another good episode.
May 19, 2018 4:01 PM

Oct 2012
This show is something else. I like how skillfully they are breaking all stereotypes and how serious the anime can get on a whim, no less to tell some tough stories. All that coupled with some equisite comedy.

The homeless people part was really good and Hitomi's meeting with her teacher at the bar was also great. There is some gold hidden in this series.
Aug 8, 2018 11:33 PM

May 2012
Poor dude! Really has to live up with such a kid :'D and damn being blackmailed to be a bartender, boy this anime is really crazy!

Really love the development though. Let's see what's next.
Aug 9, 2018 5:52 AM

May 2015
Hitomi best girl. D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 12, 2018 11:10 AM

Dec 2015
Hina is finished lmao
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Aug 14, 2018 2:54 AM

Oct 2009
HOW DARE SHE FORCE AN UNDERAGE CHILD TO BE A BARTENDER! I'M CALLIN DA POLICE!!!!
Aug 19, 2018 3:18 AM

May 2016
Anzu be living the homeless life with the aid of the old guy who sold her out to Sabu. From what I heard, she certainly sings like a drunk which led to a very emotional and touching moment with the homeless people she now considers as
her hobros.

What's a more complicated situation than to have your homeroom teacher visit the bar you're blackmailed to work at while you're still in middle school and to prove to him that you're one of the best bartenders in Tokyo~? She might've started bartending because of the pressure but she ended up having a real knack for it.

Hina tried cleaning to get on Nitta's good side and it didn't match with what she had in mind at all because she had to eat that bowl of Ikura that's been sitting in there for a while now and get stomach pain. Someone's gonna get disowned...

Aug 29, 2018 10:26 PM

Jun 2011
I am really not feeling this one.. was the last bit with Hina breaking Nitta's expensive stuffs supposed to be funny? The emotional scene with Anzu was cringy.. the part with the middle schooler was okay but nothing spectacular.. Something like episode 2 would be nice, not episode 1/3.. Not only was Hina a freeloader, she doesn't even seem to care that she's breaking all the stuffs in the house.. that's not hers.. -.-;
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 29, 2018 8:27 AM

Mar 2017
should I be amused or should I be disturbed?
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Nov 20, 2018 3:50 PM

Sep 2014
Hina is me everytime I try to be productive, thats why I usually dont.

Also, Bartender Hitomi needs her own anime.

The homeless anzu part hits me right in the feels. Was not expecting this.

PS: Im glad I finally picked this up. With not even 2 month left in 2018, Im aifraid it would have been cursed to be on my PTW forever, like every seasonal I miss and dont watch in the same year
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Nov 30, 2018 8:56 AM
Nov 2018
Another great episode.
This was funny and sad, Anzu sure is cute triying to live peacefully.
Hina that was some creazy clean.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hinamatsuri Episode 11 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

41 by Rickiar »»
Apr 23, 4:04 AM

Poll: » Hinamatsuri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

RebelPanda - Aug 8, 2018

96 by FarCritical »»
Apr 12, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Best Gril? ( 1 2 )

Jhon_Bacon - May 16, 2018

64 by Animeistaken »»
Apr 12, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Hinamatsuri Episode 10 Discussion

37 by FarCritical »»
Apr 11, 10:52 AM

Poll: » Hinamatsuri Episode 9 Discussion

38 by FarCritical »»
Apr 11, 10:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.