Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 20, 2018 12:13 AM

Aug 2016
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
New chapter is out!

So the gentle fight ends. I really liked the conclusion of this battle, it'll be interesting to see if Deku keeps quiet about it and what the consequences of that silence may be..

I hope the punishment isn't as bad for La Brava at least.. I feel sorry for them but didn't really want them to win either to be honest.
Apr 20, 2018 1:02 AM

Jun 2014
I wonder what will happen to Gentle and La Brava after this....maybe they'll be relegated to the sidelines for now and (hopefully) reappear later on.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 20, 2018 1:03 AM

Oct 2011
You know it's good writing when you actually care about the villian as well

Apr 20, 2018 1:10 AM

Jan 2009
damn i thought Gentle's arc will last at least as long as Overhaul one lol

but i hope we see Gentle and La Brava again after this arc
Apr 20, 2018 1:13 AM

Aug 2017
An epic end to an epic fight.
I used to be a watchmaker.
Apr 20, 2018 1:34 AM

Nov 2011
I actually really like this duo of Gentle and La Brava in the end. The fight felt more than just winning as it added a more emotional side to it.

A very fitting way for the fight to conclude too. Hope they get some relevant role in the future.
Stark700Apr 20, 2018 8:30 AM
Apr 20, 2018 1:52 AM

Aug 2010
This fight was legit my fav deku fight in the series. Both action wise and emotionally. Dekus 4 finger bullets tho :o I love gentle so damn much. The feels T_T plz don't expose them deku. Have mercy
Apr 20, 2018 2:17 AM

Sep 2014
The fight was overall great. I wonder if Deku will actually help them now.
Apr 20, 2018 3:40 AM

Jul 2016
The good one never wins :'(

Gentle is the best hero of all, he really, really cares a lot for La Brava.
Apr 20, 2018 3:47 AM

Oct 2017
Good fight. They’ll probably go to jail and reappear later on.
Apr 20, 2018 4:41 AM

Dec 2013
It was sad seeing La Brava begging Midoriya to let Gentle go.

Of course Midoriya isn’t going to get any credit for this lol
Apr 20, 2018 4:53 AM
Aug 2015
Honestly think they are my favorite villains in the series so far. Hope there not thrown to the side after this....
Apr 20, 2018 5:16 AM

Apr 2018
After these last few chapters, it's hard to call Gentle a criminal villain.
Do you remember… the flower we saw that day?
Apr 20, 2018 5:43 AM

Dec 2017
toughest enemy ever fought? really?

welp, his objective was unreachable anyway, we knew it would end up this way, but still there was a glimmer of hope that something else would've happened
Apr 20, 2018 5:55 AM

Oct 2008
If Izuku treats this as a 'not really a villain, he can be redeemed' situation, then I think maybe he won't expose them. He was willing to break all his fingers and limbs to save Todoroki, and honestly this situation feels kind of similar.

Stain killed heroes he deemed unworthy. Deku can save and create heroes instead. That's a what a Symbol of Peace does.
Apr 20, 2018 6:11 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
I like this test of morality to Deku character. Up until now he’s been faced with villains who are power hungry and pretty far gone. Gentle and La Brava very much have their humanity in tact and are victims of circumstance. Almost like Deku and Bakugou are in their society and really many of the characters. I’m glad this didn’t lead to a full school overturn because it wouldn’t have done much but be bombastic in any sense.

Also that ST LOUIS SMASH was perfection. 👌🏼

Also I think the line was probably “youre one of the toughest enemies” Not he is the toughest. I’ll have to look at the raw later.

Horikoshi gives the best “villains” the shortest arcs. It damages me.
Apr 20, 2018 6:24 AM

Feb 2018
So even after she gave him this power up Deku still beat them rather easily I mean he says that this was one of the hardest fights yet for him but it didn't really look like it.
Apr 20, 2018 6:31 AM
Jul 2017
uninstallthegame said:

welp, his objective was unreachable anyway, we knew it would end up this way, but still there was a glimmer of hope that something else would've happened
perhaps he means that it was hard to bring himself to stop him?
Apr 20, 2018 6:34 AM

Jan 2014
I wonder if Deku would help Gentle get out from Ectoplasm.
Apr 20, 2018 6:55 AM

Dec 2017
398288 said:
uninstallthegame said:

perhaps he means that it was hard to bring himself to stop him?

yep, that makes sense. since he tries to stop him, instead of defeating. and since he found resemblance in him too. good point
Apr 20, 2018 7:07 AM

Mar 2015
not again hori, sigh...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Apr 20, 2018 7:11 AM

Aug 2016
I was not the biggest fan of Gentle and La Brava but I guess the ending to this fight was somewhat nice. Still don't really care much for those two but it was cool seeing how much Deku had improved as a fighter.

Apr 20, 2018 7:17 AM
Sep 2012
So the fight is over, it was a satisfying ending. I think Deku will fulfill Gentle's wishes, but we will see.

I wonder if this the climax of the arc, will we have the festival antics with no problems and the arc will end, or are the Villain Alliance going to show up here with Gentle fight being a unintentionally distraction for them to break in. I guess we will find out.
Apr 20, 2018 8:00 AM
Dec 2015
uzee said:
You know it's good writing when you actually care about the villian as well

You said it. I feel bad for both of them especially La Brava, she's really a sweet and generous person overall
Apr 20, 2018 8:22 AM

Sep 2013
Meh, atleast gentle shoved deku away and protected brava.
Apr 20, 2018 8:29 AM

Sep 2014
Gentle is my second favourite character of BnH now. Listening to Odd Future while reading this was a great choice on my part ;D
Apr 20, 2018 11:28 AM

Feb 2010
Gentle and La Brava are pretty good characters. Loved that scene where he spilled tea on themselves.
Apr 20, 2018 1:01 PM

Apr 2013
It gave me feels. I like this.
Apr 20, 2018 1:18 PM

Nov 2016
This was such an intense chapter,I'm literally at the brink of tears.

Hope that Gentle and Lovelover are gonna be able to get out of this somehow.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 20, 2018 1:20 PM
Jul 2017
I love my hero academia, but the fact that we are 180 chapters in and we've only ever had 1 good villain (Stain) so far is not ok. what the hell was this guys motivation again? he wanted to be popular. sounds more like a teenage girl then he does a villain.
Apr 20, 2018 3:23 PM

Feb 2017
I didn't expect Gentle to surrender himself to the authorities. What a gentlemen. I hope he returns in the future. I also wonder how La Brava's going to act towards this decision.
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
Apr 20, 2018 9:59 PM

Aug 2017
Kuma said:
not again hori, sigh...

Why the sigh, what's your problem with this exactly?
Apr 20, 2018 11:19 PM

Oct 2016
Aw man, that last page really hurts.
Apr 21, 2018 12:00 AM
Oct 2015
Gentle truly was a hero a heart, he was one of the lovable enemies we've had so far.
Also props to Deku for successfully handling the situation by himself, I believe this was his second fight without having any actual reinforcements
Heckle was here...
Apr 21, 2018 12:31 AM

Dec 2013
I thought those guys in the end we're from the league of villains and they both would nbe screwed, lawl.
Apr 21, 2018 12:35 AM

Dec 2013
man_with_a_beard said:
I love my hero academia, but the fact that we are 180 chapters in and we've only ever had 1 good villain (Stain) so far is not ok. what the hell was this guys motivation again? he wanted to be popular. sounds more like a teenage girl then he does a villain.

U've got a point, but there's also the league of villains and all for one if he still has his ful quirk can fuck everything up at anytime if he breaks out.
Apr 21, 2018 7:57 AM

Jan 2017
Epic fight, Gentle MVP
Apr 21, 2018 9:55 AM
Feb 2018
Can't wait for this fight to be animated
Apr 22, 2018 1:25 AM

Mar 2015
Slimcoder said:
Kuma said:
not again hori, sigh...

i already express my dislike about this gentle and la brava againts deku just a chapter ago...

Kuma said:
raynaninja said:
I'm going to be of the unpopular opinion here, but I really don't care for this mini arc or for Gentle and La Brava. Is there a point to this or for even adding these characters to the story? Maybe they'll be more relevant later down the road, but right now I'm just bored and see this part in the manga as pointless. The fight has dragged on for awhile now too.

this!!

TBH, if deku win, it will become wrose since his purpose pretty much to develop and showed up deku strength... i rooted for la brava, but seems very unlikely... he is one note villian that coming outa nowhere and seems like already serve it purpose (hence the flashback)... just like overhaul... he is complite now since he has determination, goal, and flashback already... i would glad if hori prove me wrong....

i don't even dislike gentle and la brava...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Apr 22, 2018 4:44 AM
Jul 2017
man_with_a_beard said:
yeah,it's so bad to want to become a hero so great his name is written in history books,and also All For One was such a bad villain nobody even remembers him.oh wait
Apr 22, 2018 10:02 AM

Jan 2015
Unzareh said:
If Izuku treats this as a 'not really a villain, he can be redeemed' situation, then I think maybe he won't expose them. He was willing to break all his fingers and limbs to save Todoroki, and honestly this situation feels kind of similar.

Stain killed heroes he deemed unworthy. Deku can save and create heroes instead. That's a what a Symbol of Peace does.

I like this idea
I was thinking gentle will be more like an anti-hero but after this chapter it really feels more like villian can be hero too.
In fact this idea is pretty good for story either. Midoriya try to make more villian to hero and when he fails, after getting hope from Gentle about this idea alone, it'll be emotional too.

398288 said:
man_with_a_beard said:
yeah,it's so bad to want to become a hero so great his name is written in history books,and also All For One was such a bad villain nobody even remembers him.oh wait

I'm actually -still- more worried about "mangaka has large cast but can't give them the screen time they deserved"
We still didn't see some students from class A-1.
Villians isn't really a problem in this point for me. The villian organizations did some background activities so i have my hopes up for them. Mangaka still needs to adjust the characters aka students.
veritasmahwaApr 22, 2018 10:06 AM
"Essentially, EOTL uses the 'quality, not quantity' approach, as the art relies on having a very refined and pure Ki even if not much in amount" -Lightning Tiger Yoochun
Apr 22, 2018 10:50 AM

Aug 2017
Kuma said:
Slimcoder said:

i already express my dislike about this gentle and la brava againts deku just a chapter ago...

Kuma said:

this!!

TBH, if deku win, it will become wrose since his purpose pretty much to develop and showed up deku strength... i rooted for la brava, but seems very unlikely... he is one note villian that coming outa nowhere and seems like already serve it purpose (hence the flashback)... just like overhaul... he is complite now since he has determination, goal, and flashback already... i would glad if hori prove me wrong....

Okay they are nothing like Overhaul. I don't even know how you can compare the characters.

Gentle & Labrava actually have visible layers & are more complex characters. One-note villain my ass. This is good drama & a good climax.
Apr 22, 2018 10:50 AM

Oct 2012
man_with_a_beard said:

i guess it deppends on your personal taste, but for me Gentle is THE BEST villain on MHA so far.

Stain feared people that would want to become Heroes just so they could be popular instead of doing it because they want to help people, and Gentle is the embodiment of that fear, Gentle is everything that is wrong with this society, he is a good guy that has an inferiority complex or something and needs the approval of society, that's why he wanted to be a hero and that's why he uploads everything on youtube, Gentle is a critique not only to the MHA's society, but our own, like how everyone whants to be famous and start doing this stupid tide pod challange, or stupid pranks that could hurt someone, and so on.

I think Gentle is a magnificent character, and IMO the best villain
Apr 22, 2018 1:03 PM
Apr 2018
That hug at the end when they got caught .....LOVE
Apr 22, 2018 5:12 PM

Mar 2015
Slimcoder said:
Kuma said:

Okay they are nothing like Overhaul. I don't even know how you can compare the characters.

Gentle & Labrava actually have visible layers & are more complex characters. One-note villain my ass. This is good drama & a good climax.

i said one note, for single purpose mainly not the character it self but plot/character convinience, not one dimensional character.... i am not hate thier character on it's own, in fact again, i like them.... i hate how hori used them... this is how i crticize hori a lot... don't make very likeable, taken lot of space, and very noticable character just for discarded it soon enough.... really like wasted potential...
KumaApr 22, 2018 5:21 PM
Apr 22, 2018 5:30 PM

Aug 2017
Kuma said:
Slimcoder said:

i said one note, for single purpose mainly not the character it self but plot/character convinience, not one dimensional character.... i am not hate thier character on it's own, in fact again, i like them.... i hate how hori used them... this is how i crticize hori a lot... don't make very likeable, taken lot of space, and very noticable character just for discarded it soon enough.... really like wasted potential...

We don't even know what's going to happen to them after this. Your just making assumptions.

Also I disagree that they aren't made likable. They are just enough likable & sympathetic while knowing they have to be stopped. That's a good balance there for antagonists.
SlimcoderApr 22, 2018 5:34 PM
Apr 22, 2018 5:47 PM

Mar 2015
Slimcoder said:
Kuma said:

We don't even know what's going to happen to them after this. Your just making assumptions.

Also I disagree that they aren't made likable. They are just enough likable & sympathetic while knowing they have to be stopped. That's a good balance there for antagonists.

i already stating how "i would glad if hori prove me wrong", but the pattenr is just like this... again, i will glad that i proven wrong, but it's hard to do so when i already got it correct soo far... i got one thing correct and the rest looks like will follow, i also starting to think that villian league will infere somehow again...

i think i worded it wrong in my side, but my point is that i dislike that hori made amazing character, whith huge amount of build up, that has very significant role during it's time just for discarded it immedietly....
Apr 23, 2018 5:57 AM

Dec 2014
Great chapter.

That was an awesome, emotionally packed fight.
The part where Deku remembers how he got here and tells Gentle why he wants to become a hero was really emotional. :(

LoveLover crying and telling Deku to let Gentle go was sad. :(

I guess this concludes this sort of mini flag, I wonder what U.A will do after finding Gentle and LoveLover.

"It seems we've tripped over a pebble on the road." :(
Apr 23, 2018 10:51 AM
Jul 2016
I love the ST.louis smash page. I think than gentle and la brava have a great potentia,I hope they still have more to show us.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Couldn’t Hagakure have an actual hero costume?

gavdaniels23 - 4 hours ago

5 by deg »»
17 minutes ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 422 Discussion

MegamiRem - May 10

24 by Softhenic03 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 375 Discussion

Icewolf004 - Dec 8, 2022

31 by KoniginElle »»
Yesterday, 1:34 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 421 Discussion

deg - Apr 24

28 by Kamui_Senpai »»
May 8, 1:43 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 339 Discussion

Kuma - Dec 27, 2021

32 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
May 7, 11:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.