Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 16, 2018 7:06 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
To kill or be killed....

What a transformation! I can't wait to see how this showdown will go.
Apr 16, 2018 7:14 AM

Oct 2016
Finally we see Uta's true power and reason.
I tend to believe that this "owl" is one of Donato's clones (or several fused together) with Yoshimura's kagune/kakuja. So it wasn't Eto or Hairu, huh?
Apr 16, 2018 7:15 AM

Oct 2017
Good chapter. Lots of fighting. The clowns are really strong!

I like the design of uta’s Kakuja. It wouldn’t surprise me if donato busted out a kakuja at some point.
Apr 16, 2018 7:33 AM
Jun 2017
Bowman145 said:
Good chapter. Lots of fighting. The clowns are really strong!

I like the design of uta’s Kakuja. It wouldn’t surprise me if donato busted out a kakuja at some point.
Indeed after what was said by Itori (if we arent shedding blood we cant taste warmth) i wouldnt be surprised if all of the clowns had Kakujas tbh. And the design looks sick!

And holy shit furutas face was so good along with that comment about Kaneki. Amon will hopefully wound Donato enough to weaken the Owl to the point where the rest of the CCG members and Ghouls can deal with it.
Apr 16, 2018 7:51 AM

Jun 2011
Who was falling from the sky on page 13 after Kaneki meets Furuta. Was it Furuta?
Apr 16, 2018 8:24 AM
Dec 2017
CharlesMarlow said:
Who was falling from the sky on page 13 after Kaneki meets Furuta. Was it Furuta?

It's renji being hit by uta.
Apr 16, 2018 8:56 AM

Dec 2015
Maybe Furuta is down there for another interview?
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 16, 2018 9:10 AM
Nov 2017
Oh look, a kakuja. Haven't seen one of those in a while. If the manga last for another 150 chapters, by the end everyone will have a kakuja...
Apr 16, 2018 9:23 AM

Jul 2015
Great chapter really

I was hyped for it last week and i am satisfied.

The fight between Amon vs Donato was nicely crafted.Amon is really strong but Donato is more shrewd.Still doesn't feel like Donato will try to kill Amon.

Now I don't know whether Furuta was really trolling on seeing Kaneki or not but i sense Rize to be there.

Uta vs Renji.

One thing thus chapter basically confirmed that Uta is indeed the wasshu king.And his desire to eat Renji.I sense some Tsukiyama vice here.

10/10 chapter from me.

Apr 16, 2018 10:11 AM
Nov 2017
Vivekananda said:
Great chapter really

The fight between Amon vs Donato was nicely crafted.Amon is really strong but Donato is more shrewd.Still doesn't feel like Donato will try to kill Amon.

Now I don't know whether Furuta was really trolling on seeing Kaneki or not but i sense Rize to be there.

Uta vs Renji.

One thing thus chapter basically confirmed that Uta is indeed the wasshu king.And his desire to eat Renji.I sense some Tsukiyama vice here.

10/10 chapter from me.

How did it confirm Uta was the king? Just how?
Apr 16, 2018 10:19 AM

Jul 2015
Aezeryel said:
Vivekananda said:
Great chapter really

Uta vs Renji.

10/10 chapter from me.

How did it confirm Uta was the king? Just how?

Well if you noticed Uta said he has been watching everything unfolding for a "very long time".

So I feel this is what confirms Uta being the Waashu king.

Apr 16, 2018 10:36 AM

Dec 2017
so you're telling me that during the days when they both were young they fought toe to toe, they came out almost dead and now, during the peaceful days, when uta didn't feed on any ghouls, he pulls out a kakuja? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Apr 16, 2018 11:12 AM

Apr 2014
What is RC cells and Kagune now anyway.
So Ghouls can just clone themselves now with the power of Imagination?

Apr 16, 2018 11:42 AM

Dec 2013
NeutralSide said:

Maybe its indeed a clone (from Washuu/Kanou facilities), or maybe just a kagune in Donato's shape...

Holy fuck that last panel was one of the sickest.

HEY BFF, I'VE BEEN WANTING TO EAT YOU FOR LIKE EVER YAY! LAWL bizarre.
Apr 16, 2018 11:51 AM

Mar 2014
I can neither live with you nor without you.... Uta's feelings for Renji. Uta is such an interesting character I can't wait to learn more about Pierrot. That transformation in the end has me really hyped!
Apr 16, 2018 12:08 PM
Mar 2018
I always thought that Uta was a suspicious, mysterious & bit of a psychopath, but later when we looked his backstory with Renji and saw him helping in the rescuing of Kaneki, i thought i was wrong about him. But at end of Tokyo Ghoul manga he showed his true colors!. That's why i love psychopaths you can't predict their true selves until they show you their true nature themselves. I'm really excited for nxt chp.
Apr 16, 2018 12:25 PM

May 2013
Need more furata and kaneki, the friendship between Uta and Yomo is fantastic lol.

Apr 16, 2018 12:39 PM

May 2015
>Amon vs Donato. Looks like Amon can use remote kagune on his quinque to create a drill-like effect on impact. Donato confirmed the one controlling Owl.

>Kaneki and Furuta confrontation(possible Rize appearence soon?)

>Actual explanation on the motivation as to why the clowns prefer chaos. Got it with Roma, but specification of Uta/Itori outlook on life is good

>Uta kakuja?

Honestly the most hype chapter i've read of TG in the past year!

Apr 16, 2018 1:22 PM

Feb 2017
Lol, I loved Furuta's reaction when he saw Kaneki. Uta's kakuja does indeed look sick. I am excited to see how Yomo vs Uta plays out now. Also I am looking forward to see Kaneki's and Furuta's dialogue.
Apr 16, 2018 1:44 PM

May 2016
That was fantastic another great chapter Uta lost it poor guy.
Furuta : "Fucking Kanou" I laughed so hard at this that guy is
epic I can't wait to hear Furuta's voice in the anime if he gets
So time.
Apr 16, 2018 2:04 PM

Aug 2016
Finally we see more of Uta's actual power, excited to see how their fight plays out.
Don't think the Amon Donato fight is over just yet either.

Btw I'm still waiting for my mans Takizawa to show up somewhere in all this and save the day...
Apr 16, 2018 3:03 PM

Aug 2017
Uta has changed man, and the Kakuja looks awesome for Uta! Hope Renji survives though...
Oh my god I'm so fast, so fast and so fat
Apr 16, 2018 3:13 PM

Nov 2016
Finally a chapter that really captivated me. Utas statement regarding the role of the clowns was interesting.

And holy shiet,his Kakuja.

Also interested in the outcome of Amons fight. The first great chapter since like forever,hope the fight stays this good.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 16, 2018 4:49 PM

Apr 2013
That fucking Furuta lol, about 90% sure he is just acting shocked about Kaneki beeing alive, let's see if he tries to interview Kaneki aswell
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Apr 16, 2018 7:50 PM

Apr 2014
LameReader said:
NeutralSide said:

Maybe its indeed a clone (from Washuu/Kanou facilities), or maybe just a kagune in Donato's shape...

Holy fuck that last panel was one of the sickest.

HEY BFF, I'VE BEEN WANTING TO EAT YOU FOR LIKE EVER YAY! LAWL bizarre.

Its most likely the latter which I find incredibly nonsense at this point.
Then again, I did see Kaneki become Godzilla so whatever goes I guess.
Waiting for a Ghoul that has the power to turn back time because his imagination is that great.

Apr 17, 2018 12:20 AM

Jun 2010
I called/knew it.. What the clowns were really about! Roma's backstory and reasoning just about confirmed it for me.. Not people who are just in it for the lulz or anything.. But people who more than likely cared very much, and at some point couldn't take doing so anymore.

"The Clowns are ghouls tired of despairing. To prevent ourselves from going mad, we play the fool on stage."

They basically and literally put on masks to hide.. from the truth/reality and them selves most likely. This was a lot more than just becoming emo, or even something along the lines of "fuck it, if the world is going to continue to burn, then i'll just pretend to not care while helping the flames along."

It sounds like we might get an even better idea next week.

Also keep Itori safe!
---------------

fullmetal-ghoul said:
The Jaimini translation is interesting, Itori says the world belongs to people, not ghouls, implying she doesn't see ghouls as people. I wonder if that translation is accurate, it would give more insight into the Clowns, or Itori at least and it wouldn't surprise me if she really didn't think ghouls as people. Growing up in a world which is dead set against the existence of your species would create that mentality.

Anyway one of the most interesting aspects of the series for me is in how ghouls react to the world around them, a world which forces them to experience continuous loss, and the most interesting perspective for me personally is the one from the Clowns. Trying to find an answer in such a world by having fun, and the lengths they go to experience that fun shows how tragic their past must have been, even if we're not privy to it yet. It's ironic that they're fighting against an alliance between ghouls and humans, when the the reason they feel so cold and empty is because the world loves humans and wants rid of ghouls. They've experienced the worst of being a ghoul, accepted it won't change and go to insane lengths to try find meaning in the world, for enjoyments sake and while it is tragic it's also really compelling. They're such a brilliantly crafted group.

It's also a kinda relatable mindset. A lot of people struggle to find a motivation in life and the answer for some of these people is not in finding some grand motivation, but in whatever they enjoy doing. The world in TG is far worse, and as such the Clowns have been driven to far more insane extremes to find that enjoyment, but the mindset is inherently the same; finding purpose in life through enjoyment.

I love Uta and Itori especially, they're both two of the most compelling and interesting characters in the series for me. As well as having everything that makes the Clowns great, their genuine care and connection with Yomo adds an extra layer to them, which is great. (I know Uta is currently trying to kill Yomo but lets be honest he doesn't really want to kill him, he's conflicted. He saved Yomo 20ish chapters ago)

In the other one, she basically makes it sound like they don't think there is a place in the world for ghouls. But i'm not sure if anyone pointed out which was right.. or righter.
Apr 17, 2018 12:24 AM

Jun 2010
FMmatron said:
Finally a chapter that really captivated me. Utas statement regarding the role of the clowns was interesting.

Also interested in the outcome of Amons fight. The first great chapter since like forever,hope the fight stays this good.

That was Itori talking I think. Which puts the sad-ish look on her face in even more context..
Apr 17, 2018 1:30 AM

Nov 2016
James_xeno said:
FMmatron said:

That was Itori talking I think. Which puts the sad-ish look on her face in even more context..

Itori had a longer monologue one page before, but for me it looked like that the crux abou despair and fool on stage was told by Uta.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 17, 2018 3:10 AM

Dec 2012
FMmatron said:
James_xeno said:

Itori had a longer monologue one page before, but for me it looked like that the crux abou despair and fool on stage was told by Uta.

I thought so too, at this chapter I thought that script is told by Uta.
======

This chapter really interesting. A fierce battle between Donato and Amon, while Donato can still maintain the "owl" even tho losing power.

The relationship between 3 friends. The fight between Uta and Yomo, bring out Uta's kakuja. While I still think Uta didn't want genuinely kill Yomo.
Apr 17, 2018 3:27 AM

Nov 2016
RyuukiBeat said:
FMmatron said:

I thought so too, at this chapter I thought that script is told by Uta.
======

This chapter really interesting. A fierce battle between Donato and Amon, while Donato can still maintain the "owl" even tho losing power.

The relationship between 3 friends. The fight between Uta and Yomo, bring out Uta's kakuja. While I still think Uta didn't want genuinely kill Yomo.

Took a look at the chapter again and it's really hard to make it out,since it isn't clear to whom the speach bubbles belong to. But the first part was definitely by Itori since the person was referring to Yomo as Ren. The end of the speech came from Uta,tho. That's at least how I saw it.

Apr 17, 2018 5:24 AM
Nov 2017
ImbalancedEmblem said:
>Amon vs Donato. Looks like Amon can use remote kagune on his quinque to create a drill-like effect on impact. Donato confirmed the one controlling Owl.

>Kaneki and Furuta confrontation(possible Rize appearence soon?)

>Actual explanation on the motivation as to why the clowns prefer chaos. Got it with Roma, but specification of Uta/Itori outlook on life is good

>Uta kakuja?

Honestly the most hype chapter i've read of TG in the past year!

Donato was confirmed to be controlling the Owl 2-3 chapters ago, when we saw the cross instead of the head of the main body.

Akai_Yami said:
That fucking Furuta lol, about 90% sure he is just acting shocked about Kaneki beeing alive, let's see if he tries to interview Kaneki aswell

I think he's genuinely shocked, cause he probably didn't think somebody would actually manage to dig him out of that mess.
AezeryelApr 17, 2018 5:28 AM
Apr 17, 2018 5:39 AM

Dec 2017
We get another action-packed chapter which is great. It's about time we get to know the Clowns closely. The battle scenes are decent, met my expectations so far... Not to mention those are the long-awaited confrontation in the series.

If only Yomo could utilize his kagune to its full potential just like how Arima wielded Narukami, it would definitely become an even more epic battle to see, considering now Uta has unleashed his kakuja.
Mistress Plot Armor, Touka, could use it even better than him, which really pissed me off.
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 17, 2018 8:18 AM

Jul 2017
Kaneki & Furuta meet again! Kaneki better not get trolled again or else I’ll beat the shit out of Furata myself
FlexstyleApr 22, 2018 7:18 PM
Apr 18, 2018 2:06 AM

Nov 2014
holy moly... finally we can see Uta's kakuja

To-Do List:

• NOTHING

Apr 18, 2018 2:26 AM
Oct 2015
Unless a miracle occurs, it appears Renji won't be getting out of this one, especially with Uta's kangue revealed.
Heckle was here...
Apr 20, 2018 8:28 AM

Sep 2013
Nobody seems to be talking about that person behind Donato.

That's most probably Nico imo but I wonder what he's doing there. His presence concerns me a little.
sbstratos79Apr 20, 2018 8:34 AM
[centre][/centre]
Apr 20, 2018 9:50 AM

Jun 2011
sbstratos79 said:
Nobody seems to be talking about that person behind Donato.

That's most probably Nico imo but I wonder what he's doing there. His presence concerns me a little.

Yes it is Nico, he's healing Donato.
Apr 20, 2018 6:30 PM

Apr 2016
Yomo and Uta's fight may be an emotional one... Yomo still views Uta as his friend, so it seems Yomo's desire isn't to kill Uta; really, Yomo just wants to understand Uta, since Yomo did say he's never understood Uta. Meanwhile, I don't get the feeling Uta wants to eat/kill Yomo... They've been friends for years, and I can't help but see this as a fight between two bros, not two rivals.

Maybe because Yomo has family to live for (avenging Hikari and protecting Touka and Ayato) and Yoshimura opened his eyes... I wonder if Uta and Itori had family, would they be like this now? What did Uta and Itori live through for them to choose to be clowns? It's sad that they've lived with despair and now they're seeking entertainment through the clowns. They don’t seem completely happy though.

Amon and Donato... I don't know what will be revealed from their battle.

Let's see what Furuta and Kaneki will do. I doubt Furuta was sincerely surprised to see that Kaneki is still alive. -_-
Apr 20, 2018 8:20 PM

Apr 2018
NeutralSide said:

Oh really? Donato is able to clone himself out of his kagune using his finger.
May 20, 2018 7:47 AM

Feb 2013
Uta's kagune is sick!
Dec 1, 2018 4:11 AM

Feb 2013
I don't know if they are crazy or not but the clowns are original.
Dec 7, 2019 1:15 PM

Dec 2012
Wow damn. Talk about taking Clown World to the max level. All thing's considered, it's quite sad to see Uta's true colors - especially when confronted by Yomo. I remember first seeing him in the anime and thinking he was going to be this chill dude that everyone could rely on.
Jun 15, 2020 3:00 PM

Jun 2017
LMAO! Another ass pull chapter! But I'll look forward to seeing Kaneki fighting Furuta though. That is if Furuta won't run away. He doesn't strike me as gutsy!

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
May 28, 2021 9:30 AM

Apr 2020
Uta on the last page looked pretty badass. Great design. Its a Kakuja he activated.
--AbiSa--

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 181 Discussion

Raizel - Aug 8, 2018

48 by flesh123 »»
Apr 12, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 125 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Z4K - May 20, 2017

333 by CanderousTheOrdo »»
Apr 5, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 179 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 10, 2018

33 by ren_moon »»
Mar 13, 11:06 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul:re Conclusion Then vs Now

PSN - Jan 12, 2022

10 by Zero01guard »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:10 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

lunar1412 - Dec 29, 2014

204 by Buddistic »»
Sep 14, 2023 6:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.