Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 179 Discussion

Aug 10, 2018 12:14 AM

THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I guess that's the end? Tbh, overall it wasn't that great. Especially the final arc was a fucking mess. It's nice that it ended on a happy note though.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."

Aug 14, 2018 3:11 AM

Ken is alive, that's all I care about.

Oct 24, 2018 6:37 AM

Congrats to anyone who made it this far, most people dropped it. It's a shame to see so much potential lost. All the major themes that had been established in the original Tokyo Ghoul was lost. I wanted to read a proper ending. Not an extensively narrated last chapter. It's like Ishida knew how he was going to end it, but the ax was thrown down on the series, and Ishida had to wrap it up in the most unsatisfying way possible. Honestly speaking, the story didn't have a terrible ending. It was happy and at the minimal level, conclusive. But it was cheap, very very cheap.

Oct 28, 2018 10:14 AM
Worth the read but slighty not satisfied by the ending

Oct 31, 2018 9:52 AM
Woow,, what the great ending,, after ther dragon war in tokyoand the dragon was beaten all turn to everyone wish,,
kaneki can creat the world where the ghou; and human live together in peace and dont worry about the food cauce they crreat the sintetis flesh and dont need to kill human for alive,,
all had the guud ending and cause the ancident all the problem is only the children of dragon and one kakuja ghoul from aogiri,,
next then kakeki and friend has a kid,,
that was only true happiness off all,
this manga is awesome,,
i give 10/10

Dec 1, 2018 5:51 AM

Wow, it didn't end as a tragedy, awesome!

Dec 4, 2018 10:18 AM
The story is amazing i loved it soo much.I want to completely forget it so that i could enjoy the greatness once again.It feels like it ended too soon.I want moreee 😭😭😭

Dec 9, 2018 11:15 AM
Glad to see Kaneki alive, i was a bit scared to see what happened to all the characters but no Kaneki, some of them i wanted dead survived in the end, some i wanted alive died, but was good since Kaneki finally is in peace with Touka.
One more child coming, that conversation between Kaneki and Hide, and about Hide's father... And of course a coffe cup and a book in the last page.
Modified by PhazonKnight, Dec 9, 2018 11:28 AM

Dec 10, 2018 5:43 PM
I don't know how i survived to the last chapter of it
It is really sad to see how the great orginal tokyo ghoul turned to this.
RE Was below average for me

Jan 15, 2019 11:20 AM
Dragon arc was like the last Ninja war and Kaguya arc in Naruto. TG will always have an exclusive place in my heart. 125 is immortalized. Full stop

Mar 6, 2019 4:23 PM

Happy end!

...except it wasn't for me since Eto died.

Mar 17, 2019 12:01 AM

_RedCat_ said:
Congrats to anyone who made it this far, most people dropped it. It's a shame to see so much potential lost. All the major themes that had been established in the original Tokyo Ghoul was lost. I wanted to read a proper ending. Not an extensively narrated last chapter. It's like Ishida knew how he was going to end it, but the ax was thrown down on the series, and Ishida had to wrap it up in the most unsatisfying way possible. Honestly speaking, the story didn't have a terrible ending. It was happy and at the minimal level, conclusive. But it was cheap, very very cheap.
Thank you for summarizing how I feel! Oh my gosh.

The only part that got me teary was when Suzuya saw Shinohara wake up from his vegetable state, and the boy fell to his knees and sobbed. Hanbee crying with a handkerchief was me inside LOL!! Shinohara treated Suzuya as his child in the prequel, and Suzuya matured SO MUCH after Shinohara was hospitalized, and kept visiting hoping his dear mentor would wake up... Damn, seeing Suzuya cry was the highlight of this finale for me LOL!! I didn't need to see Kaneki and Touka's child XDD

But anyway, it's good to know that Hide and Kaneki are best friends for life. <3 Maybe they can be lovers in their next life. Hide knows that Kaneki always feels uneasy like he has to do something, and I just LOVE that Hide reassures Kaneki that our protagonist doesn't need to do anything!! Kaneki can just live a quiet life with his dear friends, Touka, and the child (Ichika).

I lol-ed at seeing Tsukiyama dote on Ichika, by calling her a princess and saying she's gotten prettier again. xDD Good to know Tsukiyama's family wealth is contributing to rebuilding Tokyo, and it’s great to see Banjou doing well as the United Front’s vice-representative. :)) And I'm glad Chie continues to engage in her passion for photography.

Kimi also shares Nishiki's surname, so I'm going to assume they got married... LOL at Nishiki being Kimi's food tester in her research for foods ghouls can eat. :P Let's hope ghouls can eat human food completely someday.

Ayato is a cute uncle for visiting his niece and making funny faces at her LOL. I actually would have been okay with Ayato and Hinami dating, but it's fine that they're friends too. It's cute that they go shopping together :))

Miza and Naki have nine kids together, wow!! XDD I hope the kids will grow up with Naki's passion. And it's great for Miza too, because now people in her family probably won't die early. :)) With the advancements from research, many ghouls can probably live longer now.

I would love to see Kiyoko happily married with children. She's such an intelligent and strong person, I think whoever loves her and marries her would be very lucky.

It's nice to see Haru recovered, and I think Shirazu would have been very happy to see his sister healthy. I love the fact that Urie searched all over Rue Island to find Shirazu's remnants, and they were all buried in one place at last. And yay to Takeomi and Urie being best friends; there's no more tension between them with Urie's father dying after Takeomi's father left him in battle. Congrats to Yoriko and Takeomi for becoming parents to their son.

I lol-ed seeing Yomo's hair tied into ponytails. He gives in to his great-niece so much xDD And it's good to know Uta still loves teasing Yomo! In my ideal scenario, Itori confessed to Uta and they lived life together. Hopefully, Nico found love when he traveled to the south.

Takizawa and Yasuhisa are missing, but let's hope they're well. Akira and Amon's whereabouts aren't known either, but at least we know they're together and alive.

I'm happy for some of the characters who got the endings they deserved or desired. The ones I didn't name, I just didn't really care for :/

Also...I don't know if Touka is pregnant again, or if that's just the weight she gained after giving birth to Ichika...?
Modified by Cloe900311, Mar 17, 2019 12:35 AM

Mar 28, 2019 10:50 PM

Well it ended. It was conclusive at the least though not really at the level of TG but not a bad ending imo. I'd have loved if Eto were alive tho.

"It's a journey only when
you cross the point of no-return"

Jun 4, 2019 3:04 PM

Just 12 comments for the last chapter of Tokyo Ghoul! Well the ending was quite satisfying, despite all that darkness and all that mess there is still light at the end of the tunnel.

Aug 11, 2019 4:18 AM
The ending is rushed, also the author said that. I hoped in a fight between kaneki and dragon-rize but he killed her too easily. Same thing in kaneki vs furuta, kaneki was invincible. The thing i hated the most is the fact that if you don't see the dead body of a character, you know that he/she is still alive. I give it a 6,5 because it's a sequel of one of my favourite manga and the characters are all well designed and the story is interesting. On MAL i give it a 6/10 because i expected so much more from this sequel

Aug 17, 2019 1:30 PM
did anni won now about the cooking steal by the ghouls because I am relly interestet on an spin of about a cooking Show wher ghouls cook

and can ghouls eat every with meat from People or just the meat without souces ?

Dec 14, 2019 11:31 PM

Given everything that Kaneki's gone through, he definitely deserved a lifetime of happiness and peace of mind at this point.

With that said, I wasn't really feeling it with these last few volumes. The CCG/Ghoul alliance felt contrived and overly convenient for getting the final battle done and over with. What's even more convenient is how virtually no significant character died or lost anything important in what was supposed to be the ultimate high stakes end game. It felt like The Long Night all over again. Just kept watching the characters get savaged to death only to keep coming back. Even Kuroiwa survived getting stabbed through the fucking throat. That made me legitimately roll my eyes. I thought this was Tokyo Ghoul, not Fairy Tail.

Now that I got all of that off my chest, I do want to pay my respects to the end of Tokyo Ghoul and this incredible journey that's taken me over 5 years to complete. It all started when the TG anime premiered and I knew right from the first episode that this was going to be special. I appreciated the sense of closure this final chapter brought albeit it could have done without the massive info dump on every character. Tokyo Ghoul has been brutally beautiful and continued to contrast a cruel world with the good that's worth fighting for.

8/10. I wish I could have reached this journey's end praising this as a masterpiece and legend, but it's still a respectable score for a series that captivated me for half a decade.