Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 10, 2018 12:14 AM

Dec 2015
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I guess that's the end? Tbh, overall it wasn't that great. Especially the final arc was a fucking mess. It's nice that it ended on a happy note though.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Aug 14, 2018 3:11 AM

Feb 2013
Ken is alive, that's all I care about.
Oct 24, 2018 6:37 AM

Mar 2016
Congrats to anyone who made it this far, most people dropped it. It's a shame to see so much potential lost. All the major themes that had been established in the original Tokyo Ghoul was lost. I wanted to read a proper ending. Not an extensively narrated last chapter. It's like Ishida knew how he was going to end it, but the ax was thrown down on the series, and Ishida had to wrap it up in the most unsatisfying way possible. Honestly speaking, the story didn't have a terrible ending. It was happy and at the minimal level, conclusive. But it was cheap, very very cheap.
Oct 28, 2018 10:14 AM
Aug 2018
Worth the read but slighty not satisfied by the ending
Oct 31, 2018 9:52 AM
Jan 2017
Woow,, what the great ending,, after ther dragon war in tokyoand the dragon was beaten all turn to everyone wish,,
kaneki can creat the world where the ghou; and human live together in peace and dont worry about the food cauce they crreat the sintetis flesh and dont need to kill human for alive,,
all had the guud ending and cause the ancident all the problem is only the children of dragon and one kakuja ghoul from aogiri,,
next then kakeki and friend has a kid,,
that was only true happiness off all,
this manga is awesome,,
i give 10/10
Dec 1, 2018 5:51 AM

Feb 2013
Wow, it didn't end as a tragedy, awesome!
Dec 4, 2018 10:18 AM
Nov 2018
The story is amazing i loved it soo much.I want to completely forget it so that i could enjoy the greatness once again.It feels like it ended too soon.I want moreee 😭😭😭

Dec 9, 2018 11:15 AM
Jan 2018
Glad to see Kaneki alive, i was a bit scared to see what happened to all the characters but no Kaneki, some of them i wanted dead survived in the end, some i wanted alive died, but was good since Kaneki finally is in peace with Touka.
One more child coming, that conversation between Kaneki and Hide, and about Hide's father... And of course a coffe cup and a book in the last page.
PhazonKnightDec 9, 2018 11:28 AM
Dec 10, 2018 5:43 PM
Nov 2015
I don't know how i survived to the last chapter of it
It is really sad to see how the great orginal tokyo ghoul turned to this.
RE Was below average for me
Jan 15, 2019 11:20 AM
Jan 2017
Dragon arc was like the last Ninja war and Kaguya arc in Naruto. TG will always have an exclusive place in my heart. 125 is immortalized. Full stop
Mar 6, 2019 4:23 PM

Feb 2015
Happy end!

...except it wasn't for me since Eto died.
Mar 17, 2019 12:01 AM

Apr 2016
_RedCat_ said:
Congrats to anyone who made it this far, most people dropped it. It's a shame to see so much potential lost. All the major themes that had been established in the original Tokyo Ghoul was lost. I wanted to read a proper ending. Not an extensively narrated last chapter. It's like Ishida knew how he was going to end it, but the ax was thrown down on the series, and Ishida had to wrap it up in the most unsatisfying way possible. Honestly speaking, the story didn't have a terrible ending. It was happy and at the minimal level, conclusive. But it was cheap, very very cheap.
Thank you for summarizing how I feel! Oh my gosh.

The only part that got me teary was when Suzuya saw Shinohara wake up from his vegetable state, and the boy fell to his knees and sobbed. Hanbee crying with a handkerchief was me inside LOL!! Shinohara treated Suzuya as his child in the prequel, and Suzuya matured SO MUCH after Shinohara was hospitalized, and kept visiting hoping his dear mentor would wake up... Damn, seeing Suzuya cry was the highlight of this finale for me LOL!! I didn't need to see Kaneki and Touka's child XDD

But anyway, it's good to know that Hide and Kaneki are best friends for life. <3 Maybe they can be lovers in their next life. Hide knows that Kaneki always feels uneasy like he has to do something, and I just LOVE that Hide reassures Kaneki that our protagonist doesn't need to do anything!! Kaneki can just live a quiet life with his dear friends, Touka, and the child (Ichika).

I lol-ed at seeing Tsukiyama dote on Ichika, by calling her a princess and saying she's gotten prettier again. xDD Good to know Tsukiyama's family wealth is contributing to rebuilding Tokyo, and it’s great to see Banjou doing well as the United Front’s vice-representative. :)) And I'm glad Chie continues to engage in her passion for photography.

Kimi also shares Nishiki's surname, so I'm going to assume they got married... LOL at Nishiki being Kimi's food tester in her research for foods ghouls can eat. :P Let's hope ghouls can eat human food completely someday.

Ayato is a cute uncle for visiting his niece and making funny faces at her LOL. I actually would have been okay with Ayato and Hinami dating, but it's fine that they're friends too. It's cute that they go shopping together :))

Miza and Naki have nine kids together, wow!! XDD I hope the kids will grow up with Naki's passion. And it's great for Miza too, because now people in her family probably won't die early. :)) With the advancements from research, many ghouls can probably live longer now.

I would love to see Kiyoko happily married with children. She's such an intelligent and strong person, I think whoever loves her and marries her would be very lucky.

It's nice to see Haru recovered, and I think Shirazu would have been very happy to see his sister healthy. I love the fact that Urie searched all over Rue Island to find Shirazu's remnants, and they were all buried in one place at last. And yay to Takeomi and Urie being best friends; there's no more tension between them with Urie's father dying after Takeomi's father left him in battle. Congrats to Yoriko and Takeomi for becoming parents to their son.

I lol-ed seeing Yomo's hair tied into ponytails. He gives in to his great-niece so much xDD And it's good to know Uta still loves teasing Yomo! In my ideal scenario, Itori confessed to Uta and they lived life together. Hopefully, Nico found love when he traveled to the south.

Takizawa and Yasuhisa are missing, but let's hope they're well. Akira and Amon's whereabouts aren't known either, but at least we know they're together and alive.

I'm happy for some of the characters who got the endings they deserved or desired. The ones I didn't name, I just didn't really care for :/

Also...I don't know if Touka is pregnant again, or if that's just the weight she gained after giving birth to Ichika...?
Cloe900311Mar 17, 2019 12:35 AM
Mar 28, 2019 10:50 PM

Sep 2018
Well it ended. It was conclusive at the least though not really at the level of TG but not a bad ending imo. I'd have loved if Eto were alive tho.
Jun 4, 2019 3:04 PM

Apr 2009
Just 12 comments for the last chapter of Tokyo Ghoul! Well the ending was quite satisfying, despite all that darkness and all that mess there is still light at the end of the tunnel.
Aug 11, 2019 4:18 AM
Aug 2018
The ending is rushed, also the author said that. I hoped in a fight between kaneki and dragon-rize but he killed her too easily. Same thing in kaneki vs furuta, kaneki was invincible. The thing i hated the most is the fact that if you don't see the dead body of a character, you know that he/she is still alive. I give it a 6,5 because it's a sequel of one of my favourite manga and the characters are all well designed and the story is interesting. On MAL i give it a 6/10 because i expected so much more from this sequel
Aug 17, 2019 1:30 PM
Aug 2019
did anni won now about the cooking steal by the ghouls because I am relly interestet on an spin of about a cooking Show wher ghouls cook

and can ghouls eat every with meat from People or just the meat without souces ?
Dec 14, 2019 11:31 PM

Dec 2012
Given everything that Kaneki's gone through, he definitely deserved a lifetime of happiness and peace of mind at this point.

With that said, I wasn't really feeling it with these last few volumes. The CCG/Ghoul alliance felt contrived and overly convenient for getting the final battle done and over with. What's even more convenient is how virtually no significant character died or lost anything important in what was supposed to be the ultimate high stakes end game. It felt like The Long Night all over again. Just kept watching the characters get savaged to death only to keep coming back. Even Kuroiwa survived getting stabbed through the fucking throat. That made me legitimately roll my eyes. I thought this was Tokyo Ghoul, not Fairy Tail.

Now that I got all of that off my chest, I do want to pay my respects to the end of Tokyo Ghoul and this incredible journey that's taken me over 5 years to complete. It all started when the TG anime premiered and I knew right from the first episode that this was going to be special. I appreciated the sense of closure this final chapter brought albeit it could have done without the massive info dump on every character. Tokyo Ghoul has been brutally beautiful and continued to contrast a cruel world with the good that's worth fighting for.

8/10. I wish I could have reached this journey's end praising this as a masterpiece and legend, but it's still a respectable score for a series that captivated me for half a decade.
Mar 30, 2020 10:13 AM
May 2017
It was a very bloody, cruel anime with a very controversial topic. What if there were people and ghouls who ate people. I briefly checked the ending and i must say it reminds me of how Naturo had ended. The main issue for me though is how it started cruelly and bloody and ended just the same. It never even tried to go in direction of changing ones ideology towards characters changing their views towards compassion, forgiveness and understanding, so the whole story felt like ‘oh, no, humans and ghouls will never coexist because neither of them truly tries to’ all they resort to - making a more bloody fight, a more cruel operation, a more persistent declaration, a more powerful ghoul, to finally surrender as if truly tired at the end only due to some Dragon like scary-scary creature as if their wounded, weak and blind hearts werent the scariest in this anime. For me it feels unnatural and unrealistic. But, well, all in all, most of them are very sick psychologically so maybe a very scary Dragon thing is the only thing that could stop them... i still think its their minds that needed to be truly changed for a true change to come along. After Tokyo is rebuilt if theres no genuine realization of the need to adopt ways of kindness, compassion, understanding, forgiveness and no-violence, this peace wont be genuine and long lasting. Yes, Kaneki is shown as a humane hero but all the rest had ways to go at least with overcoming their psychological traumas that led to increased aggression behaviours, sarcasm, cruelty and heartlessness.
May 30, 2020 1:33 AM

Dec 2009
Amazing read. Although, I guess I gotta admit that like most endings it feels a little awkward now that it's over.

Maybe part of me isn't fully satisfied that some things are still somewhat unknown to everyone's emotions or why some are still dead, while others aren't.
Gotta say, the complexity of every character, including the villains was solid writing throughout everyone's relationship and emotions.

On second thought, excluding the frustration of not seeing a morning or farewell of some of the dead in Kuzen, Kaya, Enji. Not understanding Rize in the end and why he couldn't pull her out instead of killing her, not knowing about Eto and why she lead to her father's death.
I think I would have preferred an epilogue of better peace. With the dragon orphans extinct, Ken and Touka working in a cafe again.
waalex11May 30, 2020 2:13 AM
Jun 5, 2020 6:10 AM
Jun 2019
I was quite disappointed by this ending. I was simply rushing through this final arc. But I still felt kinda sad when it got over.
Jun 25, 2020 6:39 PM

Jun 2017
It's finally over! The most overrated manga with lots of plot holes and deus ex machina is finally over. I feel so emotional about this because finally! My anguish is over. I don't have to read this stupid manga anymore! I wasn't really surprised Kaneki survived this. I knew the ending would be cliche as what I'd expect from the author.🙄🤣

Well done Ishida! For including a trash manga in my MAL. Like I said in some forum threads of Tokyo Ghoul; I did my best. I read the prequel and sequel just to see what was the hype about. I ended up wasting my time. If I see anyone planning on reading this, I'll tell them beforehand that it's a total BS! And the ones who praise it goes to show that they have low standards in stories.😒😒

1/10

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Sep 17, 2020 11:54 AM

Aug 2017
KoniginElle said:
It's finally over! The most overrated manga with lots of plot holes and deus ex machina is finally over.

1/10

My thoughts exactly. The amount of bullshit one had to read through as an excuse for plot developments were ridiculous. Oh well. Still a better love story than Clannad.
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"
Feb 1, 2021 11:55 PM

Jun 2020
I don't care how cute the final panels were; this was executed disastrously
Apr 17, 2021 2:15 AM

Mar 2017
There’s so much...
Banjou was kind MIA in the last arc, I loved his character
SHINOHARA omg! Yes!
Naki! Got his happy ending, definitely deserved it ! Best boy!
Takeomi & his wife are so cute
Iwao is alive, yes!!!
Where’s eto?
And isn’t the current Amon a clone ?
Itori is my favorite female character(next to rise), wish she had more screen time

I’m sad, after suffering so much(more than Ken ever did) they give Takizawa such a cop out ending. Definitely deserved better, his storyline was so tragic.

In my honest opinion it would have been a more befitting ending if Ken died. Saving everyone like he wanted. The beauty and tragedy that TG represents.
It would have made it perfect.
So many small pieces are missing, it felt rushed. I enjoyed the side characters so much more than the main.
I loved TG for it’s dark, tragic, unique storyline. It was the most amazing manga, but definitely one of a kind
LunarPisces1Apr 17, 2021 2:41 AM
May 30, 2021 8:09 PM

Apr 2020
Godamn, it is over...
Been buying the volumes for 13 months, and now this story I invested so much money in.
I gotta say, I enjoyed this so fucking much! I had a great time reading this story.
Even with its downsides, I loved it.
Thank you so much! Sui Ishida.

P.S
Their daughter is really cute with Haise hair.
--AbiSa--
Dec 17, 2021 8:56 AM
Feb 2014
A part of me hoped the end would br a bit more hopeless. Like kaneki dies or more people actually stayed "dead". But I'm glad a good portion of people had a good ending despite the lives they went through. Wasn't a big fan of Tokyo ghoul but Re. was a lot better.
Dokia
Jan 16, 2022 7:08 PM

Sep 2014
This doesnt even have 2 pages of discussion? Lol. I guess that says all you need to know.

Disappointing last ~ 1/3rd. The first 100 chapters were actually amazing, but as I feared from seeing the chapter count it just went on and on and missed its opportunity for a good ending.

Dont know how to feel about this, the original was good but on its own left way too many plotlines open. RE reinvented the story and got even better in the first half only to then fizzle out. We are really cursed with disappointing endings of what used to be amazing stories.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jan 23, 2022 7:03 AM

Aug 2017
I don't like when characters come up with hidden intentions and others switching sides out of nowhere therefore it's not that great
Feb 14, 2022 3:23 AM
Jul 2018
tokyo ghoul is my first manga and one of the first anime I watched this manga was great I'm glad that Ken got a happy end the story got a little downhill after Arima's death but it was still great overall 9/10 for tokyo ghoul re
removed-userOct 29, 2022 10:36 PM
Mar 11, 2022 2:01 PM

Mar 2021
the story gone bad since arima's death but good ending nevertheless

6/10
Jul 25, 2022 11:56 PM

Aug 2018
And so ends Tokyo Ghoul: re
I quite liked this story, very good.
Dec 11, 2022 10:40 PM
Jul 2018
this truly has been... a tokyo ghoul
Mar 7, 11:39 AM

May 2018
Oshiete, oshiete yo sono shikumi wo.
Boku no naka ni dare ga iru no?
Mar 13, 11:06 PM

May 2015
I just finished the series (I started reading the whole story like two weeks ago). What a ride I must say. I liked :re much more than the first part, so I'm a little perplexed to see that the score is lower lol. Anyway, TG is an excellent work with quite endearing characters. I avoided reading it for years, disparaging it as a mere edgy manga for angsty teens, and although the first chapters gave me that impression, there's a lot more to take away from it. It has a fascinating lore and I can say that I enjoyed it a lot. I'll check Mr. Ishida's current work someday.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 181 Discussion

Raizel - Aug 8, 2018

48 by flesh123 »»
Apr 12, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 125 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Z4K - May 20, 2017

333 by CanderousTheOrdo »»
Apr 5, 5:04 AM

» Tokyo Ghoul:re Conclusion Then vs Now

PSN - Jan 12, 2022

10 by Zero01guard »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:10 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

lunar1412 - Dec 29, 2014

204 by Buddistic »»
Sep 14, 2023 6:44 PM

» help refresh my memory pls

Hunted - Aug 11, 2023

5 by waalex11 »»
Aug 25, 2023 11:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.