Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 1, 2018 7:33 PM

Mar 2015
Registration is now closed!

A big thanks to everyone who registered for FAL Spring 2018! This season has a total of 659 teams. We're happy that so many people are interested in FAL and hope everyone has lots of fun~
Good luck everyone, and may the best team win!

Listed below are the initial teams for this season. Please note that we won't edit this list as the season progresses. Instead, you'll find a detailed overview of your team's status for every week later in the FAL club forum. Make sure to join and frequently check the FAL club for the newest information.

Please follow the link below to see if your team is correct. The titles are sorted alphabetically (order doesn't matter). Make sure that your active team and bench are correctly separated. If you spot a mistake, please report it by sending a PM to FALbot before April 7th, 23:59 UTC. We will only accept corrections if your team is different from the one you sent us. You can't swap titles if you changed your mind (not even between active team and bench).

Click here to check your teams!

Team Stats:

Feel free to use this thread to discuss your team choices and speculate!
anime-primeApr 4, 2021 2:22 PM
Apr 1, 2018 7:58 PM

Jun 2015
Woo, I got the top six choices. This is either going to go really well or really badly.
Apr 1, 2018 8:00 PM

Mar 2012
Decide to discard GinEiDen at last second. Feel that aside for being a meme there will be a lot of people that are disappointed.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 1, 2018 9:15 PM

Oct 2015
lol.... I don't have someone with the same list :(
Apr 1, 2018 9:28 PM

Apr 2013
Way more people picked LoGH than I expected. Honestly feel like it's viewer count will be too low for it to be viable, even with high score/low drops.
(sure hope i'm not horribly wrong)

Also, Uma Musume having double points and a two episode premiere has me a bit worried.
Apr 1, 2018 9:34 PM
Mar 2013
devils line, i dunno, it didn't pop out to me during selection and it is 4th highest picked? must be some marriage of vampire knight and tokyo ghoul or something.
Apr 1, 2018 9:48 PM

Oct 2012
Hoping this goes better than last time for me lol

@AlexTheRiot looks like our battle will be solely strategic this time around!
Apr 1, 2018 9:59 PM

Sep 2013
Guess I'm not getting to the top 100 on my second FAL. Well let's see how far I get.
"It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious."
FAL SPRING 2019 Rank 650 FAL FALL 2019 Rank 136
Apr 1, 2018 10:56 PM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
kinda surprised Hinamatsuri was picked more than Mahou Shoujo Site. I decided to pick up title that will be more stable in the later weeks but don't have a week 1 points hence I chose Hisone to Maso-tan over Devils Line hope I don't regret it.

Goodluck everyone!
AntagonizedApr 1, 2018 11:39 PM
Apr 1, 2018 11:11 PM

Dec 2011
I have a series on my active team this time that doesn't have double points? And not even close either so will probably stay that way the whole time.
kuuderes_shadowApr 1, 2018 11:16 PM
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Apr 1, 2018 11:16 PM

Sep 2011
That moment when you accidentally copy and pasted both Mahou's into the team despite only wanting Shoujo Site. Goodbye my FAL Season.
TyrelApr 1, 2018 11:20 PM
Apr 1, 2018 11:27 PM

Apr 2013
This season is so stacked, there's no room for a wild card pick. I had to remove Tiramisu on my team just to insert Devils Line. Good for those who got Uma Musume on their team.

Apr 2, 2018 12:10 AM

Jul 2012
Chose mahou shoujo ore instead of devils line. Not sure if that was the right choice but devils lines seemed like it would do good initially and then gets dropped by a lot of users. And I wanted to go for a double scorer but was too afraid to choose the wrong one...

Well I got a unique team this time so let's see how it will turn out.
Apr 2, 2018 12:15 AM

Feb 2010
Mills said:
Way more people picked LoGH than I expected. Honestly feel like it's viewer count will be too low for it to be viable, even with high score/low drops.

Also, Uma Musume having double points and a two episode premiere has me a bit worried.

I wouldn't even be surprised if the score isn't that great either tbh
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 2, 2018 12:33 AM
Nov 2010
I'm just going with my gut instincts. I had considered Devils Line, but I had a feeling it might flop overall.
Apr 2, 2018 1:26 AM

Mar 2012
Pullman said:
Mills said:

I wouldn't even be surprised if the score isn't that great either tbh
Yeah choosing LoGH is pretty risky. It's status as reboot is worse than sequel. Considering reboot want it or not will always be compared to the original.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 2, 2018 1:40 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
What was I thinking when I discarded Persona 5 for my team and replaced it with something else? >_> I have a bad feeling about this. :P But this is the first time that I have a unique team in an FAL season. :o How far up or down could I go or drop?

Anyway, good luck to everyone! x)
Apr 2, 2018 2:06 AM

Jan 2012
ah thought wotaku was ineligible too.
I screwed myself. xD
Apr 2, 2018 2:35 AM

Nov 2007
Oh wow this is the first time I have the same team as other people and quite some other people, that's fun :D Makes me wonder if my picks where correct after all. *keeps fingers crossed*
Anyways good luck everyone ^^
Apr 2, 2018 2:58 AM

Feb 2011
NeoAnkara said:
Decide to discard GinEiDen at last second. Feel that aside for being a meme there will be a lot of people that are disappointed.

Certainly a tricky thing. I doubt it will be well-liked, but I can still imagine that a lot of people will keep watching it. It's not too unusual for many to watch something to the end, even if they dislike it, especially when it's something particularly interesting to them (in this case, a reboot of an anime they like). Of course, some might drop it even harder for the same reason. It's quite a gamble.

Apr 2, 2018 7:55 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
I'm surprised so many people picked Hinamatsuri. I'm still quite unsure about it, but hopefully it was the right choice.

Not sure if I should be surprised about so many people picking Ginga Eiyuu... I kind of expected it because the member count seemed to be high, but decided against it because other remakes also had problems (like Berserk).

I hope having both Wotaku and Golden Kamuy on the bench won't kill my points...

Good luck everyone!
Apr 2, 2018 7:55 AM

Jan 2015
MozillaFennekin said:
Woo, I got the top six choices. This is either going to go really well or really badly.

Let's hope for really well, cause I have the same picks as you do. Last time I had a unique roster, cant even claim the hipster status this time if I don't do well >_<

Luna said:
I'm surprised so many people picked Hinamatsuri. I'm still quite unsure about it, but hopefully it was the right choice.

Hinamatsuri's PV looked really good tbh and the manga rating is pretty high so that might be that.

And yeah, having either Wotaku or Kamuy on the bench til week 5 didn't feel right so I personally put one in the starting roster, but that might end up costing me if Kamuy doesn't pick up early.
HapHazrDApr 2, 2018 8:26 AM
Apr 2, 2018 9:29 AM

Feb 2018
Luna said:

Not sure if I should be surprised about so many people picking Ginga Eiyuu... I kind of expected it because the member count seemed to be high, but decided against it because other remakes also had problems (like Berserk).

Good luck everyone!

Hinamatsuri is the thing on my list that worries me the most, as well, and i used the same logic as you for not picking Ginga Eiyuu.

Wotaku has a pretty huge popularity, so my guess was that some of the shows like Hina will not even get that high in week 1, so that's why I left Wotaku in the active team, and Hina on the bench, we will see who had the better hunch.
Apr 2, 2018 9:53 AM

Feb 2010
Luna said:

Good luck everyone!

Hinamatsuri was my 7th pick and I decided to go with it over the other options like Mahou Shoujo Site because of how well regarded the manga seems to be, so I'm hoping at least for a high scorer in the final weeks.
Apr 2, 2018 10:38 AM

Nov 2011
I'm gonna win, you heard it here first.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Apr 2, 2018 4:50 PM

Mar 2012
Pullman said:
Luna said:

Good luck everyone!

Hinamatsuri was my 7th pick and I decided to go with it over the other options like Mahou Shoujo Site because of how well regarded the manga seems to be, so I'm hoping at least for a high scorer in the final weeks.
I didin't choose Mahou Shoujo Site because I feel that it won't be much better with what happen to Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku. Also I choose Hinamatsuri to replace LoGH because it's seem to be more stable.

What I worry the most is Saredo Tsumibito. I feel it will fill quota for edgy series that MAL love but even then 'm not sure about it.
Apr 2, 2018 5:10 PM

Feb 2010
NeoAnkara said:
Pullman said:

I didin't choose Mahou Shoujo Site because I feel that it won't be much better with what happen to Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku. Also I choose Hinamatsuri to replace LoGH because it's seem to be more stable.

What I worry the most is Saredo Tsumibito. I feel it will fill quota for edgy series that MAL love but even then 'm not sure about it.

the technobabble synopsis just made me feel like that show is not gonne be that successful. But who knows, which LN trash adaption becomes successful among the masses each season is one of the harder things to predict except by using the PTW numbers. They mostly sound equally... promising to me.
Apr 2, 2018 7:16 PM

Nov 2011
Hinamatsuri is kinda of my oddball pick. I put it on bench this time around.

I'm honestly surprised Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou got that high and is on so many people's lists. While the first few episodes will probably rack up a decent amount of points, I doubt it will do good in the long run.

My main risk here is Mahou Shoujo Site. Got a weird feeling about this series.
Apr 2, 2018 11:12 PM

Apr 2013
Uchuu Senkan Tiramisù ended up as a short. That was close lol

Apr 3, 2018 2:20 AM

Oct 2015
So far so good. Good thing I haven't picked up any of the shows that have aired already since most have pretty bad ratings already. I was kinda hesitatant whether to add 3D Kanojo or not but after reading the manga; good thing I didn't. It'll probably be around low 7s to high 6s when it starts airing or even when it finishes :)

and Mahou Shoujo Site probably won't rank that high and just watching the trailer makes me feel that way. Hopefully I'm right. High hopes for Megalo Box and Golden Kamuy.

Piano no Mori seems is probably going to be well received either way, while Tada kun and Wotaku will no doubt be popular and will probably be sitting at high 7s to low 8
Caligula looks promising but Satelight isn't necessarily good. But just maybe... Hisone to Maso tan might be the underdog of the season with its artstyle hehe

I have high hopes with my picks
EGOISTApr 3, 2018 2:24 AM
Apr 3, 2018 4:50 PM

Mar 2012
Look like LoGH is flopping. That was a close call.
Apr 3, 2018 10:33 PM
Jul 2018
It's a shame that there is no one that matches with me :(
Apr 4, 2018 11:27 AM

Jan 2017
Wow.

I have 11 other people that chose the exact same active team. Which is the largest same-active team group.
@AnimeStitcher @AurumGG @Fantasy_Land @Generalsurvival @HentaiLoLiUsagi @IvanAsr @Luzius @Nate @Rinarin @ShanaFlame @SpooMeow

I have 3 other people that chose the exact same entire team with different active starting/bench roles.
^^ @Elmm @Mills @OreNoNaWaJakku

Welp. Here we go guys and gals.

I also want to point out that I spent between 6 and 8 hours researching the upcoming shows when making my team. So I'm happy that all that time was nullified by everyone picking the exact same team. :S haha its okay I'm just crying in the shower.
J_LEE_CApr 4, 2018 11:32 AM

Apr 4, 2018 11:38 AM

Nov 2011
NeoAnkara said:

Tch *character limit*

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Apr 4, 2018 11:44 AM

Dec 2016
J_LEE_C said:

I also want to point out that I spent between 6 and 8 hours researching the upcoming shows when making my team. So I'm happy that all that time was nullified by everyone picking the exact same team. :S haha its okay I'm just crying in the shower.

6 to 8 hours, that's some hard researching you've done lol

It took around 30 min to choose my team
StrangerZzApr 4, 2018 11:51 AM
Apr 4, 2018 11:50 AM

Dec 2016
I'm pretty happy with my team. I just hope it turns out good
StrangerZzApr 4, 2018 12:08 PM
Apr 4, 2018 12:43 PM

Feb 2010
Fantasy_Land said:
J_LEE_C said:

6 to 8 hours, that's some hard researching you've done lol

It took around 30 min to choose my team

I remember taking longer in my first seasons than I do now, but even then 6-8 hours is pretty hefty. You really mostly have to look at MAL ptw numbers and then make a few decisions based on your instincts for the last 2-3 spots sine there's usually 3-4 auto-includes.
Apr 4, 2018 8:11 PM

Apr 2013
J_LEE_C said:
Wow.

I have 11 other people that chose the exact same active team. Which is the largest same-active team group.
@AnimeStitcher @AurumGG @Fantasy_Land @Generalsurvival @HentaiLoLiUsagi @IvanAsr @Luzius @Nate @Rinarin @ShanaFlame @SpooMeow

I have 3 other people that chose the exact same entire team with different active starting/bench roles.

I spent about a half hour haha. I didn't just randomly pick though. I'm confident this season. Good luck to us :)
Apr 5, 2018 2:08 AM

Feb 2018
J_LEE_C said:
Wow.

I have almost the same team as you (only Mahou Shoujo Site instead of Piano no Mori) and I considered quite a lot adding Piano instead of Site or Hinamatsuri.
Also did ~6 hours research, so I guess at least that means that all that research didn't go to nothing.
Of course, results will tell.
Apr 5, 2018 9:43 AM
Mar 2018
How do i view my teams score or will i get notifications when my picks score points
Apr 5, 2018 9:45 AM

Feb 2018
MoonlitAnime said:
How do i view my teams score or will i get notifications when my picks score points

I believe that every Sunday the scores will be posted for everyone, nothing in between Sundays.
Apr 5, 2018 10:25 AM
Mar 2018
A_Haiku_Unloose said:
MoonlitAnime said:

I believe that every Sunday the scores will be posted for everyone, nothing in between Sundays.

oh ok thanks
Apr 5, 2018 6:06 PM

Feb 2013
NeoAnkara said:
LoGH was a risky move anyway just based on it's niche fanbase on MAL. Despite the high score of the OVA, it is not an easily accessible series for a lot of anime fans. We're talking about a 30 year old anime that has been watched by less than 50k people on MAL so it's only natural a sequel wouldn't hit the ground running. I never even considered it for my team.
Luna said:

Good luck everyone!
Stop pretending like you're going to do bad! You're not fooling me! D:
NTADApr 5, 2018 6:15 PM
Apr 10, 2018 7:50 AM

Jul 2008
...and here I didn't even know what I was doing XD Just going with my gut feeling haha :)
Apr 20, 2018 12:00 AM

Dec 2011
I just noticed the team list says "Spring 2016" at the top
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.

More topics from this board

» Best Signature Design - April 2024 | Voting

Nate - Apr 22

14 by Bunnyama »»
4 hours ago

» | OPEN | Best Profile Design (April 2024) VOTING

KarenShirotori - Apr 21

18 by ElyTheIrenic »»
Apr 24, 2:50 PM

» [CLOSED] Best Signature Design - April 2024 | Nominations

Nate - Apr 1

9 by Nate »»
Apr 22, 6:14 AM

» | CLOSED | Best Profile Design (April 2024) NOMINATIONS

KarenShirotori - Apr 1

8 by KarenShirotori »»
Apr 21, 4:05 AM

» Best Profile Design (January 2024) WINNER

KarenShirotori - Feb 4

7 by batslimeman »»
Apr 17, 8:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.