Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 30, 2018 6:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dang, Fei is just wasting no time to get his point across. Felt kinda predictable with how he operates but I think the episode did a neat job at the psychology between him and Ling.

Seems this turned into more than just a 1 on 1 brawl though as other characters got involved too. And some hunky man service Quite a bit of deaths in this episode too with the violence. I suppose this show did what it had to do although I personally think this finale was kinda rushed and predictable. RIP Fei.

Stark700Mar 30, 2018 8:23 AM
Mar 30, 2018 8:31 AM

Dec 2014
Decent finale.

That Banba block of the crossbow show though.
I am unsure how Banba and Lin were able to hide in a locker full of sharp edged weapons and take the force of the explosion without even a scratch. That's some skill I guess. xD

Lin kills Fei Lan at the very end as expected I guess.

Them homeruns at the end.

Overall, it was a pretty cool show. Cool action, I guess the story could've been better but for a setting in a city revolving around hitmen it was handled decently. Characters were an interesting if not fun bunch and some of the episodes were pretty thrilling at points as well.
Obviously, the baseball was the best part of the show. :3

7/10
Mar 30, 2018 9:04 AM

Jun 2015
Pretty thrilling finale. With some help from Ling's friends, they were able to take down the people that kidnapped them. He killed Fei as expected. This was a decent show overall. The action was cool and so were the characters. 6/10
Mar 30, 2018 9:18 AM

Mar 2016
:) honestly I really liked this show.

The fight to the death thing I knew was coming... so wasn’t much of a shock. The plan that everyone carried was so cool. The character were so much fun as well. And honestly good representation of gay and gender non-conforming people. It never felt like it was some joke or something to be ashamed of in the series. They were just normal character with their personalities!

I also believe the writing was solid. It definitly had some book like qualities to it (I.e. -the use of symbols (baseball), metaphors). Honestly this anime is probably a 7/10 or 8/10 ... butttttt I’m giving it a 9/10 because I enjoyed it so much!

I would totally watch a season 2 if one was made but I don’t think it needs it. Or even counting the source material if there is any!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 30, 2018 9:24 AM

Sep 2011
Yeah, overall a decent show. Kind of the straight B- student: good enough that it's not really worth complaining, but there's still plenty of room for improvement.
"EVERYBODY, CLAP YOUR HANDS!"

"PLUS ULTRA!"
Mar 30, 2018 9:28 AM

May 2015
This show had the right amount of action, story, psychology, comedy and badassness!
Ending and Lin's character development were nicely done. I certainly won't mind character development for the other characters.

9/10
Mar 30, 2018 9:55 AM
Aug 2014
one my my top 3 of the season. Nice ride, satisfying conclusion.
Mar 30, 2018 10:08 AM
May 2017
Wow this was a very good anime with great action and exitement. I give this 8/10
Mar 30, 2018 10:29 AM

Oct 2012
Fun show with good characters and some interesting team work. I'd watch another season in this crazy city of assassins and baseball. 7/10
Mar 30, 2018 10:46 AM

Nov 2016
This was also one of the best animes this past season. Top 5 at least. I want a second season and I need Banba and Lin to be canon.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 30, 2018 10:55 AM

Jul 2016
Really liked the act by Misaki and Jirou! Also nice seeing everyone else team up to help Banba and Lin. Good ending to the series, a bit fast paced this episode but overall it was good
Mar 30, 2018 11:09 AM

Dec 2015
Better than Durarara. Not as good as Baccano. I liked the music and the short arcs. Pretty nice and fast pacing. Also nice characters and comedy with the baseball references.

A show that is easy to watch. 8/10 and 3rd best anime this season. (Koi wa Ameagari and 3-gatsu no Lion were 9, all other stuff 7 or less.)

I'd watch more of it if they made a 2nd season.

You just don't need to think that much. Just enjoying the coolness and action. (Thinking too much could make it boring. I can see that the plot/plan this last arc and episode could work without logic problems. But overall it the chars seem pretty overpowered with all their plans arc after arc.)
Mar 30, 2018 12:15 PM
Mar 2018
The fight was disappointing tbh xD The Overall Episode was great tho
Mar 30, 2018 12:54 PM

Feb 2016
It was a nice ride from start to finish, didn't disappoint once 7,5/10

"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Mar 30, 2018 12:57 PM

Sep 2015
A new personal favourite.

Seriously hoping for a second season or at the very least an ova. Yeah, the premise of the show is ridiculous and over the top, the main characters are op, the action is mixed with loads of light-hearted humour, there are baseball references in literally everything, and of course, ramen, but hey, it's Japan...that explains everything, no?
I love the underlying themes, the important message this show is sending. "People can't survive alone". Trust and cherish your friends. Someone you can truly rely on exists somewhere out there. It's a matter of being open-minded and accepting that person when they come around.

Will miss this a lot.

Mar 30, 2018 12:58 PM
Jan 2018
I really liked the first arc of this anime. The mid part was shaky and the last few episodes were good. A decent watch 7/10
Mar 30, 2018 1:10 PM

Jun 2008
I know this show was kind of silly but I enjoyed it so much. Lin is one of my favorite characters ever. But this episode seemed kind of rushed. Can't wait to read the novel version of this part.

I hope the manga gets translated because it seems to follow the light novel more closely.

7/10
Mar 30, 2018 1:38 PM
Mar 2018
When Jiji start to shoot i only saw this reference :v

Mar 30, 2018 1:52 PM

Mar 2012
Amazing show. Was a great watch, honestly. Wish there was more :(
Mar 30, 2018 2:20 PM

Jun 2012
Perfect finale IMO. The final fight was short but awesome. I need a second season of this.
Mar 30, 2018 2:29 PM

Jan 2012
Oh darn, I vastly prefer the ending theme for this series so I wish that played over the credits instead of the op. Anyway so the baseball crew teamed up to rescue Mao and Banba from Fei Lan and Mao settled his little score. Well having just marathoned the last six episodes this was a pretty fun series. Certainly never shied away from the violence. I've read it compared to Durarara and yeah, I probably enjoyed this about as much. Really would have liked at least one notable female character besides the little girl and Banba's seldomly seen ex, and some of the plot twists in the second half were extremely obvious/predictable, but oh well. Still enjoyed it enough for a 7/10 I'd say.
Mar 30, 2018 3:14 PM

Aug 2017
Very good ending. Everybody do something in the last episode, great. Overall, it's a good anime. It have some convenient moments and weird villains but chemistry between Banba and Lin makes this show much better. The side characters are decent. 4/5 for the episode. 7/10 for the anime.
NurguburuMar 30, 2018 3:19 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 30, 2018 4:02 PM

May 2015
Decent finale, and a decent show overall. Started slow, but it kept getting better and better, fortunately. Although, I enjoyed the first half a bit more with Lin's search for his sister. Nonetheless, it was an enjoyable watch. Would watch another season of this.

7/10.
ReverberateMar 30, 2018 4:06 PM

Mar 30, 2018 4:48 PM
Mar 2017
Complaints to the Spanish Subtitles that I saw: (sorry for the bad English)
At 4:00 it does not say "Jiji", the nickname of the old man is G.G., as it is in English it sounds "yiyi".

In 11:20 Jirou does not say the anger of a gay man, he says "okama", it is different from sexual orientation, although okamas are usually gay, he is okama because he is represented with a male and female side (drag queen style), that by acting more "delicate", how do I usually like it, is that I have reaffirms that it does not underestimate an okama.

8/10
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Mar 30, 2018 5:32 PM
Jul 2018
Nice finale episode! Ended like what I typically see in most LN adaptation 12 EP shows.. Not bad, really cool show personally- had lots of interesting stuff (yeah that trap character :P) and was good mixture of drrr! setting and baccano level of violence but there are flaws which the show had to end without improving them. And violence was way too massive at most cases.
Didn't read the LN but I really think the last arc was "anime original" imo.. but anyway it was fun ride and hoping someday we can get to see more season (made by Studio shuka who saved Drrr! show) because I feel it has still yet to deliver blood-pumping storytelling..

removed-userMar 30, 2018 7:06 PM
Mar 30, 2018 5:39 PM

Jan 2017
They rocked out on this ending, loved it. One of my fav anime of this season easily.

Mar 30, 2018 5:42 PM

Sep 2015
The MC likes to dress like a girl but is not gay.
The name of the anime says "ramen" but that is just the name of their basebal team and the anime is about assassins.
The MC gives his life to protect his sister but in the end she is raped and brutally beaten to deat for nothing.
They kill lots of people everyday but that is never a big deal cause that just business.
Their lives are chaos except in the weekends, cause baseball is sacred.
And it continues...

I love comedy and non sense animes, but is better when they do that on purpose.
I tried to enjoy this anime in many ways and aspects, but everyone of them are too inconsistent for me. Probably is not meant for amateurs I guess.

But I like to see the good side, at least the OP and ED are GREAT.

Mar 30, 2018 6:19 PM

May 2012
Will surely miss the Hakata gang!!! And will read the LN now. Season 2 please!!!
Mar 30, 2018 7:38 PM

May 2015
Aww man this anime was too much fun. I really liked how they showed the plan and overlapped it with scenes from the first half to show when and where it happened. The crying girl strategy was funny, and they overwhelmed the guard with the power of gay. And Jiji with the Tommy Gun is classic. Finally, Lin actually makes sure he kills the guy.

It's also nice to see how every small tidbit in the anime serves some purpose. Enokida putting his hand over Lin's shoulder, the candy which was used as a diversion, the transmitter in Banba's ear where he responding to the guys outside sounded like he was talking with Lin in a normal conversation, and the "hit-and-run" sign and the baseball analogies. All of these worked, and I give the anime huge points for that. Some say the final episode was rushed, but I think it paced itself just fine. Predictability is one thing, but good execution is another, and Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens did great in that regard. And it's nice to see all the characters in the finale.

Final Verdict: SHOES/10

Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens: An anime about a straight crossdresser joining a baseball team full of weird hitmen that assassinate serious hitmen. I'll take a season 2 or an OVA. Shouldn't be too hard considering that the series consists of different story arcs. I'd like some featuring Sayuri, little girl Misaki, and that Pickpocket guy.
Mar 30, 2018 10:41 PM
Nov 2017
I didn't feel the adrenaline rush of the ends of the first two arcs, but that's a minor quibble. This is why I cast a wide net over the Winter seasonals. So glad I found this one. Easy AOTS in the action category.
Mar 30, 2018 11:05 PM

Apr 2016
And where was Saito in last battle , well they forgot him again , lol.
Awesome anime and one of the best on winter 2018.
Good Bye with a smile :)
BRAWLERS
Mar 31, 2018 5:58 AM
May 2015
One thing I didn't like was that Fei got killed by Lin. I didn't want that, I hoped they become friends again and Fin joining in the Baseball team. An haply ending for all the characters not a tragic one.
Overall I liked this anime. Nice and unique characters however the story was predicted sometimes, again I enjoyed it. I ship Banba and Lin! Also hope for a special or ova.
I gave 8/10 for this show. Even thought had some eps not really good it's a good anime for this season I think.
Mar 31, 2018 6:08 AM
Jun 2017
nice finale, as it shown other assassins doing the fight. and the duo of banba and Mei is great.
Mar 31, 2018 6:48 AM
Jun 2017
Pretty good ending, i was expecting more from Fei and Ling but it was pretty desent tho. Im hopping to see a second season the show itself was quite awesome 8/10
Mar 31, 2018 7:20 AM

Mar 2014
Great episode! Banba and Lin managed to get out of that situation. And Fei vs Ling was very intriguing because Lin realized he has to kill Fei-Lan, because he actually likes the city and the people he's been friends with.
Really fun show! I hope for a second season or I will just have to read the novels' translation. I really ship Banba and Lin, these guys have great chemistry which was half the fun imo.
There are some things one could pick apart but overall the show was very enjoyable to me regardless. 8/10
Mar 31, 2018 7:22 AM

Sep 2010
I'm gonna miss this show! Loved the ending

9/10
Mar 31, 2018 9:33 AM
May 2017
The finale was great. If they make a season 2 I would definitely watch. I absolutely love the Op theme by Kishida Kyoudan & the Akeboshi Rockets.
Mar 31, 2018 1:31 PM

Nov 2016
The bunt reflecting that arrow,doe xD

Well,that was quite a ride. The concept of this series with all the crazy elements mixed within are already worth it to give this a shot.

First arc was the strongest imo and got me intrigued the most,it declined from there a bit,but there were still many good moments and it was pretty fun overall.

Decent action, lot of questionable scenes which one shouldn't take too serious and a diversified cast made up for an unique charm.

This is a 6,5-7/10 for me.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 31, 2018 4:50 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Eh, it was an ok show overall. I like the Lin can now be in peace within the city and people he likes so much. This show really was a poor mans Durarara but it have its decent moments for sure.
Mar 31, 2018 5:15 PM

Jul 2015
The continuation of Lin's final problem, and his biggest one yet. Needed a whole lot of help to get out of this one, but he ultimately finished it on his own so that's good. Made for quite the finale to one crazy anime... On that note, THIS WAS ONE CRAZY ANIME. A whole lotta mess, and a whole lotta deaths. Wonder what the body count was after all this. And of course, it ends with a lovely game of baseball.

My final score for this anime is the anger of a gay man... out of 10.

Yes I know that's not a proper translation BUT I LIKED THAT PART.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Mar 31, 2018 8:25 PM

Mar 2009
Really cool show. Probably the most underrated anime of the season.
Mar 31, 2018 8:45 PM

Jan 2011
Honestly I'm not a huge fan of how the show elected to conclude using this particular arc. I get how it helps our boy move forward with his feelings. But, eh.

The whole though I thought this was pretty entertaining. I do think it could of been better with this large cast but it is what it is. Fun watch.
Apr 1, 2018 3:16 AM

Sep 2016
Hakata was a fun and entertaining show enjoyed the characters who made the show what i was, the finale was overall good i wish the fei fight was longer & i really enjoyed how banba and lin escaped fei the way they backtracked and explained it gave me those dura x3 and baccano vibes
Facta Non Verba
Apr 1, 2018 1:47 PM
Jul 2015
Overall a really fun ride. This was one of the only shows that kept me intrigued throughout the season, there were a lot of places it went wrong but also a ton of places where it did things perfectly. The two main leads had great chemistry and I hope we either get a season 2 or a translation of the original light novels
Apr 1, 2018 2:13 PM

Jan 2014
Fei said he was jealous... but what he didn't realize was that he could have had all that. He had Lin and he betrayed him.

This was a nice finale. I hope there's a second season.

This anime, despite only being 12 episodes, is now one of my all-time favorites. The characters are great and provide some of the best queer representation I've ever seen. It's amazing.

Lin x Banba ♡
Apr 2, 2018 9:13 AM

Jun 2016
This doesn't feel like an ending, so I'm sad because I need more. Huhu. Such a good fucking action anime with Kaji-kyun and OnoD as MCs. I wish Kamiyan is in this anime, too. Huhu. But I guess that's too much for me. Haha.

Glad that fight between Fei and Lin finished so fast. I was so happy when it ended fast, so it ain't cliche and shit it was satisfying.

Fuck yeah, this anime deserves my 9/10. <3

SO LOOKING FORWARD TO 2ND SEASON. I hope there'll be one. :3

P.S. Banba's body, though. Goddamn.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Apr 2, 2018 12:34 PM

Oct 2008
Good finisher episode!
The coordination of Banba and others are top class!
Good thing Lin-chan didn't hesitate on killing Fei.
5/5.
7/10.

Apr 2, 2018 6:28 PM

Sep 2017
Really fun finale. The one on one showdown was not as epic as I expected, but I think what they did worked fine. Lin ended up killing Fei anyway. I really loved seeing the great cast of characters working together to help each other out and do badass things. Hoping for a second season assuming there's enough material. Hopefully with more episodes so we can have some longer arcs.

8/10 for me.
Apr 3, 2018 11:32 AM

Jan 2018
I enjoyed this anime a hell lot more that I imagined that I would, from the first episode to the last. Great humor, great action, likable cast of characters. Easily one of my two AOTS, and deserves no less than 9/10

I'll be eagerly waiting for Season 2 now.
Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever
Apr 3, 2018 11:34 AM
Jul 2018
I thought the final episode was pretty damn good! Roll on season 2! Cos there’s blatantly gonna be one!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2018

37 by hj »»
Feb 6, 2023 2:47 AM

Poll: » Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2018

31 by BreakApart »»
Nov 25, 2022 9:55 AM

Poll: » Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2018

75 by BreakApart »»
Nov 20, 2022 12:34 PM

Poll: » Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 19, 2018

82 by vibininthefields »»
Jul 2, 2022 12:02 AM

Poll: » Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2018

113 by Maou_heika »»
Jan 21, 2022 8:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.