Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 2, 2018 5:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That Enokida guy is definitely not trustworthy.

Regarding the violence, it still keeps that momentum for this episode (although I noticed some censors from the TV version). Ling isn't afraid to resort to brute force to get what he wants. Revenge means serious business for him especially when it comes to Ling's sister.

As much as he is a badass, it feels he goes a bit far sometimes...
Stark700Feb 2, 2018 8:31 AM
Feb 2, 2018 8:51 AM

May 2015
Nice episode. It was a bliss to see hentai-baka get rekt.
Feb 2, 2018 9:19 AM

Dec 2014
Very satisfying episode.

God it was so awesome to see the Niwaka Samurai beat the shit out of all those goons. I suspected Banba might've been the Niwaka Samurai and looks like it was true, this guy is a certified badass.

The Mayor's son got what was coming to him, though he deserved more on screen pummeling and humiliation.

I see, I see. Banba's home run, the throw and the final match. This was a baseball anime all along. XD

White haired guy at the end was pretty cool.
Feb 2, 2018 9:20 AM

Nov 2016
Man, a lot of story arcs got tied up in this episode. I thought the whole show was going to be building to this point, but looks like I was wrong. I wonder if the rest of the series will have the same vibe as these first four episodes-- with multiple perspectives eventually tying together-- or it'll be different from here on out.

That said, a good episode and a nice neat way to get the cast together. I'm interested to see where the show will go from here.
Feb 2, 2018 9:39 AM

Oct 2017
If I would rate only these four episodes would be a 10/10, but let's wait until the end if it holds up.
Feb 2, 2018 9:41 AM
Feb 2017
Planas said:
If I would rate only these four episodes would be a 10/10, but let's wait until the end if it holds up.

I hope it doesn't end up like Akashic Records, where the first 3 episodes hooked many people in but went downhill from that point.
Feb 2, 2018 9:47 AM

Sep 2017
I'm digging this series. If the next chapters present us more interesting plots and weird characters and interactions like our main assasins this might end up on my top seasonal anime. I really like Banba's "cause it's cool" approach to the Niwaka Samurai.
Feb 2, 2018 10:02 AM

Jun 2015
This was a very good episode. It was great to see the Niwaka Samurai beat the crap out of everyone. I figured Banba was the the Niwaka Samurai. He's a very cool dude. The mayor's son finally got what he deserved.
Feb 2, 2018 10:08 AM

Jun 2016
A excellent episode about how everyone got what they deserved. Action with Niwaka Samurai was great!
Feb 2, 2018 10:19 AM
Mar 2017
undoubtedly an impressive love story: 3
the best couple of the season!

hahaha xD
I thought it was the end of the anime.
I hope it continues that good!.
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Feb 2, 2018 10:24 AM

Dec 2013
It's kinda weird. I mean, I never expected this arc to be over this quick lol.
I have to say it's kinda refreshing. I can't really think of any other anime which just ended the first arc like that.
I'm only disappointed with Niwaka being Banba. That was just too obvious.
Feb 2, 2018 10:39 AM

Sep 2017
Calm down, yaoi fangirls.
Feb 2, 2018 10:57 AM

Dec 2015
That was a good intro arc can't wait to see more from this anime
Feb 2, 2018 11:07 AM

Jan 2017
So many things happend this ep, first that messed up murderer being finally cought, Banba being the Niwaka samurai ohhhh man
and I love how casually the relationship between Banba and Lin is blooming it just make me so happy and fulfilled :)))
Still my #1 this season
sugar_slutSep 26, 2018 3:31 AM
Feb 2, 2018 11:49 AM

May 2009
I suspected that Banba was the Niwaka Samurai a few episodes ago (and there were many hints of it in the last episode), but it's so satisfying to have confirmation of that.

The new assassin at the end reminds me a lot of Izaya from Durarara.
Feb 2, 2018 11:51 AM

Aug 2016
I ship Banba and Lin and hope the series continue a bit in this direction (not necessarily in boys x boys, but In just growing more fond of each other).

I feel stupid however for never thinking about Banba being the whatshisname-samurai the episode before
Feb 2, 2018 11:52 AM

Oct 2014
Jesus this anime moves fast in terms of story, we're already done with the intro arc and getting a new badass looking character o.o. I actually quite like the quick progression, it's not fast-paced as in it's hard to follow, but you get so much to enjoy at once but yer never too full to get more o.o.

This is fun, I can't say it's that similar to Durarara, I'd say it has its own sorta style o.o. I'm enjoying this a ton ~

Feb 2, 2018 12:05 PM

Apr 2016
Damn, it was a great episode. Want to see more of this!
ninelie72 said:
Calm down, yaoi fangirls.
About to say the same thing xD.
Feb 2, 2018 12:05 PM

Nov 2016
Good and satisfying closure to this arc.

Lol at them playing baseball at the end.

And I'm interested in the new guy with the silver hair.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 2, 2018 12:29 PM

Feb 2016
This episode is so satisfactory! I like the dynamite scene. I hope to see Ling's more human side.
Feb 2, 2018 1:05 PM
Jul 2013
Anime of the season so far, possible 10/10. Also hoping this quality keeps up till the end.
araneathedragoon said:
This episode is so satisfactory! I like the dynamite scene. I hope to see Ling's more human side.

I laughed so hard at the guys comment "Are you serious?".
As for Ling, I guess it will be hard to expect him to be human, considering what happened in his life. On the other hand, I suppose everyone else on the team had their fair share of trouble in the past, and so they can all become friends.
Feb 2, 2018 1:11 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
So many cool scenes in this episode, that was a treat.

I hope it continues to be as awesome as this episode, i liked it before but this was a major step up again.
Feb 2, 2018 1:34 PM
Jul 2018
Yeah that revenge part was entertaining to watch especially how bad guys got beat up so crazy! Was not surpised to see Bamba to be that ninja for some reason. Knew he would be one hell crazy when it comes to doing job. And Lin beat up that guy moment finally happened in a best way and was so pleasing to watch XD. That reminds me how violent this anime offering (and good guys are cold-hearted lol).

Looks like the 4-episode introductory arc over in a high note. Everyone's together playing baseball at the end lol and Lin's character stand out to be different from everyone as a new guy.
removed-userFeb 2, 2018 1:40 PM
Feb 2, 2018 1:35 PM

Jul 2009
LOL Saitou is so normal looking that even with the plastic surgery I knew it was him. If they didn't put the side by side image of his old look I wouldn't have even noticed he changed xD

That was a fun arc. Wonder what the rest of the show will be about.

Also wasn't it mad obvious Banba was the Niwaka Samurai? I feel like it was already revealed beforehand albeit implicitly.
Feb 2, 2018 1:57 PM

Sep 2017
Now that's how to conclude an arc. That was satisfying as hell. Banba is such a badass and the fact that he only dresses up because he thinks it's "cool" makes it even better. I only hope that the arcs that follow will be of similar quality.

And lol at the name of their baseball team. Such a meme.
Feb 2, 2018 2:17 PM

Jan 2008
Feels good when an episode is nearly the exact same thing you predicted. Good to see Lin got his proper revenge. Funny how so many things were related to baseball.
Feb 2, 2018 2:22 PM

Dec 2015
Much better than Durarara. But not as good as Baccano. It has the same "coolness" both shows have. Less interesting plot than Baccano. But better (more fast paced) than Durarara. And I like the chars better.

Nice 1st arc and introduction of the chars. And fun to see be baseball stuff ... even a team made up of all those hitmen with the name of the anime (Tonkotsu Ramens). As long as there is nice and fast paced action and a bit of story like it. (Durarara was too slow and too much supernatural stuff.)

I like the ending music.

Also in this episode the action at the beginning was nice ha ha. Samurai really killed them fast and batting the dynamite stuff was the best part. Didn't expect them to reveal the true identify that fast. Some expected it ... I thought it was some of the other guys (I looked at the hair and he had different hair style as samurai).

But when the dead fake head was there I had a hunch and when he told about the food stuff it was clear. I also suspected the informant guy playing the others and actually still working with Banba.

I guess the others with the old guy all knew about the samurai identity and regularly work together doing cleanup and stuff. (Dialogue between them and the old guy seemed like that.) And now Saitou a noob as killer but at baseball I guess he might be the best in the team and others will learn about baseball from him while he learns about killing from them.
Feb 2, 2018 2:34 PM
Jul 2018
I'd like one 20 min OVA just showing the little shit get tortured.

Initially i thought it would take more episodes (maybe till the end) for the case to be over, but i guess we'll get a new one now.
Feb 2, 2018 2:51 PM

Jun 2013
Woot the goon killing scene was so satisfying mm.. I'm gay now for that trap ship too
Feb 2, 2018 3:12 PM

Oct 2012
Well they could end the series here and I'd be ok. It's good so far. Kinda wish it had an even hipper vibe a la Cowboy Bebop / Kekkai Sensen to really move it up a notch.

This is turning into a buddy comedy but I'm sure there will be more twists in store.
Feb 2, 2018 3:15 PM

Apr 2009
Out of all the reveals this episode, I think the only one that actually shocked me was the title drop at the very end. While it was funny, it had a similar effect on me as all the others though; basically eliciting a "Yeah...and?" from me.

More than anything else though, I was wholly disappointed about the Niwaka Samurai reveal. Again, funny how everyone knew, but it just fell flat for me.

While I am still enjoying it, all these little things are making the show not only predictable but dull in comparison to the greats of this kind of narrative genre like Baccano and Durarara.
Feb 2, 2018 4:28 PM

Dec 2013
Only slightly satisfying because we didn't get to see the mayors son tortured to death.

Overall this was a decent arc and start to the series.

Oh, and the new guy looks like the Edgy version of the MC from Bungou Stray Dogs :D
HESTIAAPPROVES
Feb 2, 2018 4:40 PM

Jun 2015
Very good episode, now hopefully the new arc will maintain the quality
Feb 2, 2018 5:58 PM

May 2015
This is getting better and better to be honest, I'm loving it.

Feb 2, 2018 8:41 PM

Apr 2017
I like this episode. I'm impressed with the violence it gives. It's pretty badass. Banba was also a good minded person. I am glad they made the right conclusion to end this arc. Looking forward to the next episode.
JerryKen10Feb 2, 2018 8:52 PM
Feb 2, 2018 8:50 PM

Dec 2016
Holy fuck this episode was so satisfying to watch, since the very first scene of Banba being the samurai and killing everyone to the mayor's son bitch ass getting beaten and tortured(wish I could see that tho). Good shit 10/10.
Feb 2, 2018 10:34 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
I actually enjoyed this episode. Finally the mayor and his son get rekt'd and now Ling has some peace of mind.
Feb 2, 2018 11:12 PM

Dec 2016
I guess my past predictions were wrong about the samurai, but in the end it's pretty badass that it's Banba. I hope we see him doing even more crazy shit in the later episodes!!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Feb 2, 2018 11:16 PM

May 2015
Dang. This episode didn't let up. Just about every scene had a connection to another.

Enokida setting up Lin to give the information to when the meeting will take place to both the mayor's hitmen and Banba while putting a tracking device on Reiko.

Having the dead body's head being altered to look like Banba and using it as a decoy to trick the Kakyuu association.

The Niwaka Samurai sheathing his sword then using it as a baseball bat to hit the dynamite back. So him watching baseball isn't just a hobby.

The mayor being arrested after his son's video was broadcasted. And Saito requested revenge to frame the person that framed him, and they did just that with Reiko. Also, that clutch baseball pitch from Saito.

Lin-Lin and Banbaka! And now we know why the anime is called Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens. It's a hitman baseball team!

This episode was a lot of fun to watch. A four-episode arc, but it got all of the details down. Now the anime could have ended here, but this looks like an introduction. I don't mind these short arcs. The question though is if the next arc will also be four episodes, or will it use all eight?

Looks like the next arc is a guy who allows his victim to take a shot at him. So if his target is Banba...
Feb 3, 2018 12:05 AM

Aug 2014
Great intro arc, self-contained and no bullshit. Characters are enough to keep me going.
Sieg Zeon!
Feb 3, 2018 12:11 AM

Jun 2017
ah great, it's just another baseđź…±all episode.
Feb 3, 2018 12:32 AM

Apr 2016
Lin-kin sure rival Astolfo
Niwaka sumurai/Banba was badass
BRAWLERS
Feb 3, 2018 1:43 AM
Nov 2016
I TOLD Y'ALL SO the setup would work in their favor.... Plus waaay to obvious dat banba was d samurai, all in all love the episode n d anime
Feb 3, 2018 2:04 AM
Jun 2017
Great episode... i like the action part here...
Feb 3, 2018 3:55 AM

May 2015
Not bad. I like how they didn't drag this particular story till the end, could have been very boring in that case. As it is I din't even notice when the episode was over, very dynamic progression.
Oh, and baseball, lol. I'm not getting triggered for a baseball show, I'm not...
Feb 3, 2018 6:09 AM
Apr 2016
So this arc was just to pull the carpet out from under us because this is really a baseball anime? :P

Man this mini-arc was awesome, we now know who all of the "Hakata Tonkatsu Ramens" are and I hope that we see them work as a team to beat other baseball teams organisations.
Phosphophyllite is best gem
Feb 3, 2018 6:50 AM

Aug 2015
So far the best anime this season. Now we have a badass white haired dude and what do you know, voiced by Nakamura Yuuichi... Things have gotten even better.
Feb 3, 2018 9:52 AM

Nov 2016
I can't believe they are making a beginner play as short stop! I guess it's just to pair him up with Banba, but still...
Feb 3, 2018 3:07 PM

Jul 2015
Bomber glasses dude had the same reaction as me to this whole thing. It all got kind of wrapped up pretty quickly and happily... was expecting this to be a long, difficult, and confusing story of revenge. In the end they played baseball. I mean, I'm not upset about it or anything, I enjoyed it and it was quite satisfying, just kind of surprised.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Feb 3, 2018 4:25 PM

Apr 2013

full ver

v2

v3

v3 raw

Wasn't sure what to make a gif in the fight scenes... so i didn't make one.

When a girl refuses to tell you her 3 sizes... and you decide to measure her yourself

How to train your assassin

Just a punch
duderusFeb 3, 2018 5:01 PM

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2018

76 by Akiyafuru »»
Feb 12, 6:37 AM

Poll: » Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2018

37 by hj »»
Feb 6, 2023 2:47 AM

Poll: » Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2018

31 by BreakApart »»
Nov 25, 2022 9:55 AM

Poll: » Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 19, 2018

82 by vibininthefields »»
Jul 2, 2022 12:02 AM

Poll: » Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2018

113 by Maou_heika »»
Jan 21, 2022 8:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.