Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kokkoku: Moment by Moment
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 25, 2018 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well this show concluded today and eh...I feel the finale was so-so decent.

I can't say it's great but wasn't bad either considering the development up to this point. I'm surprised how much Juri has grown as a person in this series. The supernatural elements are still evident in this episode as usual.

As for the series as a whole, I thought it was a neat show overall.
Stark700Mar 25, 2018 12:18 PM
Mar 25, 2018 9:36 AM

Apr 2010
Well it was a nice and interesting anime i enjoyed watching it.
The ending was done well tho it left some questions to be answered.
Yuri found out what it's like to be alone.
Mar 25, 2018 10:02 AM
Nov 2014
Did it follow the ending of the manga, or was it an anime original?

Overall the show was interesting. It got weird near the end though.
Mar 25, 2018 10:05 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
For me was a surprise how series, because always the next episode was an expectation in the development, even this final, that not was dramatic, but after watching, it´s in the general middle adn could be worst!!!
Well "happy" end even to Yuri that " his dream came true", more or less!!!! kekeke

8/10....
Mar 25, 2018 10:18 AM

Nov 2016
Staying in stasis for such a long time would drive me crazy,but it could have been worse.

Surprised that Juri met the founder and was brought back,on the other hand,it was to be expected that she adopt Sagawa.

I can live very well with this conclusion.

Pretty nice series,but not necessarily for the mystery aspect.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 25, 2018 10:19 AM

Jan 2012
Oh wow. I had completely forgotten about that blonde woman from the very first episode. I remember thinking she was being possessed or something at the time, but as it turns out Juri was just summoning her, the true founder of the stasis world. Part of me feels that despite being foreshadowed so early on that's a very cheap and convenient reveal, that Juri would happen to run into her, and part of me thinks it's a brilliant one. I'm torn. XD By the way was it my imagination or was Juri far sexier in this episode than any other? Maybe it was the long hair she briefly had and the sexier clothing, or lack thereof. XD I must admit that end montage of her with the family was immensely satisfying too. So much so that I almost don't want to write what I had planned on going into this episode which is mainly how disappointed I was by this series. Though that's probably a bit of a misleading statement. First let me state that I enjoyed it. It was a solid 7 out of 10 level good series, but it could have, and should have, been better. This series had such an interesting premise and felt so unlike everything else I was watching this season that I can't help but be disappointed that it was only good. The second half in particular felt, at times, like a bit of a slog to get through. Mostly the stuff with Toguro Sagawa. Although his baby form and Juri's relationship with it in this episode was nice. That whole little family theme of the ending montage, including Majima and her brother(wonder how she explained herself to him I would have enjoyed seeing that play out) was good. But I mentioned that above. Thinking about it I'm tempted to score this higher but I can't overlook the overall flow just because I really liked that ending. Gah! So torn! XD Alright, I'm sticking to the 7. Farewell Kokkoku, you deserve bonus points for being different, and were certainly an interesting experience if nothing else.
Mar 25, 2018 10:25 AM
Sep 2015
Deus ex machina level: God's help

Anyway, the part where Juri is alone is good as expect, (you can notice Hollywood love doing this to pull out acting's potential like Gravity or 127 Hours)

Wanna see how that Yakuza gang that kidnap Makoto in the first place resolve? They must be surprise if they know their contractor is a kid now!
Mar 25, 2018 10:31 AM

Jan 2015
The start of the first episode finally connected with this one. I think it was done very cleverly. Good series overall. 9/10
Mar 25, 2018 10:32 AM

Oct 2013
I liked the series overall 8/10.
But, the ending was a Deus Ex Machina.

Had to go back to the first episode and watch the first scene to remember that blonde woman.

It patches up the last questions of the plot:
>Who wrote the texts of the True Love Society?
That woman's husband

>How was the text from 200 years ago?
Specters make your lifespan longer

>How were the stones created?
That guy hunted a big specter, and used his core to make the stones

But, the strong point on this last episode was Juri's mental fortitude, she managed to live in the stasis world, alone, for a pretty long time.

That was pure despair, living in the stasis world would drive anyone insane.

She just got lucky that she meet the Founder on her very last moments.
Mar 25, 2018 10:42 AM

Sep 2016
The ending was pretty interesting. I also completely forgot about the blonde women. It did feel like a cheap way to conclude the story as most others probably would have completely forgotten about her even if she was foreshadowed. But overall it was interesting seeing Juri slowly going insane, but she managed to leave stasis.

Overall the series was a nice interesting watch. I will admit though, when Sagawa started turning into a weird monster thing, the show lost it's quality a bit. It wasn't bad during that, but I feel that it turned into some generic "defeat the monster villian". Instead I wish the writing had some tactical approach to getting out of stasis and defeating Sagawa without him turning into a monster. Just felt a bit bland.

But overall it was a nice series. 7/10 for me.
Mar 25, 2018 10:54 AM

Apr 2014
story was meh. 6/10
op/ed song was really good tho.
Mar 25, 2018 10:56 AM

Jun 2014
I definitely forgot about that blonde woman. Or to be more accurate, I remembered seeing her before, I just didn't remember exactly which episode she was previously in. Anyway it was interesting to find out that she's the wife of the dude who made the Yukawa family's stone. Juri had some extremely good luck running into her.

I thought the series was pretty decent, it was kind of tedious at times but at the very least, it was different. I can't recall seeing an anime like this one before, so that was one of its positives. There wasn't really any emotional attachment to this show, but the mystery was interesting and overall, the journey from episode 1 to now was fun to watch at times.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 25, 2018 11:31 AM

Oct 2013
OH COME ON! this ending is so lame and rushed!
She met a time god in her city just before becoming an herald HOW CONVENIENT
Mar 25, 2018 11:58 AM

Sep 2013
That specter born lady form the 1st ep saves juri who lost her sanity from boredom.
7/10, first half was meh.
Mar 25, 2018 12:08 PM

Jul 2012
Abrupt ending but i still really enjoyed this anime.
Mar 25, 2018 12:32 PM

Apr 2009
I was expecting a decent explanation for the origin of the stone, but this was pretty bad. May as well just leave it unexplained.

Ejoyable show, but the overall story is quite weak.

Mar 25, 2018 12:38 PM
Apr 2016
They dropped the science pretense and gone full fiction with a rare human with a jellyfish inside her. Okay.
I have really liked the series, and my discontent with how it ended without further repercussions is overridden by the fact that is should have probably ended like it did. It was quite local, no danger to the world, no greater evil, just some distraught people, a little philosophy and a pitch of baseless fiction which is a must else there would be no dish altogether.
Though I have really wanted to see Shiomi and that second guy doing something in the epilogue. Oh well.
Re:formed
Mar 25, 2018 12:52 PM
Jul 2018
Hmm... well... umm.. not sure what to say about the happy ending maybe I am used to watching dramatic ending. On the other hand, I really liked most of the part of this episode like how lonely life can be so depressful. Have to admit there were some deus machina twists in this show particularly the ending.

Overall, 7.5(7)/10, not bad and this was quite enjoyable show especially good cliffhangers and some plot twists had me edge on my seat and yet strange show for me since not a fan of some uninviting developments/twists though..

Mar 25, 2018 12:55 PM

Oct 2014
Started out as a suprisingly enjoyable show with a unique premise and it got better every week.

But somewhere towards the wnd of the series, it kinda dropped off for me. I think it was when we found out everything about stasis and the heralds, so the show lost that mystery element (what are the Heralds really? What’s Sagawa’s motive? Etc.). Once that happened and all that was really left to do was fight Sagawa and leave, it kinda felt meh.

Though the ending was a total Deus Ex Machina, I’m glad it ended well for Juri.

Fun series 7/10
Animus and mangos
Mar 25, 2018 1:15 PM

Jul 2015
This ending was total asspull.
That blonde came out of f*ckin nowhere.

Mar 25, 2018 1:30 PM
Nov 2017
The blonde lady mentioned to have been born with a specter in her and juri eyes are able to see specters so she was more like drawn in towards her once she saw it. It was still convenient that she was at the right place at the right time
Mar 25, 2018 1:49 PM

Apr 2017
Extreme deus ex machina, but given how it's the last episode they didn't have any other choice but to rush it.
Btw how did the Dad know that Juri was coming back THAT night? Don't tell me he just had a hunch because I don't want to believe that they trusted that useless man's intuition and that it turned out to be right.
Mar 25, 2018 1:50 PM

Feb 2016
Piromysl said:

Watch the first episode again
Mar 25, 2018 1:52 PM
Apr 2016
Supercueca said:
Piromysl said:

Lesser human beings, with inferior awareness and overwhelming ignorance, IN A NUT SHELL.
kikusan said:
Extreme deus ex machina, but given how it's the last episode they didn't have any other choice but to rush it.
Btw how did the Dad know that Juri was coming back THAT night? Don't tell me he just had a hunch because I don't want to believe that they trusted that useless man's intuition and that it turned out to be right.

Else, you know, they would be sleeping. So the Grandfather simply believed. Crazy, amarite??
Mar 25, 2018 1:52 PM

Oct 2014
I was happy with how this episode focused mostly on the life of Juri in Stasis alone, but after that, the show fell back into its old issues. Juri just happened to stumble upon the wife of the man who created Stasis and I guess that explains everything confusion about this show the end. At least they all ended up together.
5/10
Mar 25, 2018 2:13 PM

Dec 2014
This was better than expected. Kinda liked her long hair style when she was trapped in stasis. Does the time go slow for her now or something? Becouse the time changed to 11:32, but multiple times there was shows 11:31 or 11:30 i think, but seasons etc changed.
Mar 25, 2018 2:17 PM
Apr 2016
Shiro_cze said:
This was better than expected. Kinda liked her long hair style when she was trapped in stasis. Does the time go slow for her now or something? Becouse the time changed to 11:32, but multiple times there was shows 11:31 or 11:30 i think, but seasons etc changed.

The time was 11:30 when Sagawa woke her up after she got back, and when it ended on 11:32 I believe it was to symbolize that the things got back into normal and are slowly moving forward, as was always intended.
If you think about it, the whole story helped Yukawa's resolve their inner struggle (Good-for-nothing dad, shut-in brother, lack of personal direction) and gave Sagawa a second chance. Also had several psychos slaughtered, but well, can't be a happy ending for all yet, can it...
Mar 25, 2018 2:28 PM

Apr 2017
Daniel_Naumov said:
Supercueca said:

Lesser human beings, with inferior awareness and overwhelming ignorance, IN A NUT SHELL.
kikusan said:

Else, you know, they would be sleeping. So the Grandfather simply believed. Crazy, amarite??

Right, craziest idea ever !!!!
Mar 25, 2018 2:49 PM

Jul 2013
Some may say the ending was a Deus ex machina, and they have solid reasons, but, well, ending the series with Juri becoming an herald or staying forever in Stasis would have been depressing, and the founder already appeared at the beginning of the anime, so it wasn't THAT much of an aspull... I liked it.

I liked this series, I didn't expected much from it, but, somehow, it has managed to be one of the animes I was looking forward the most every week, and the cliffhangers helped it. May not be one of those memorable series who would stick with me forever, but it was enjoyable anyway.

I liked how Sagawa basically ended being Juri's child, lmao.
Mar 25, 2018 3:02 PM

Sep 2015
They had 3 options:

1) Let Juri stay in that world unitl she goes crazy and kill herself.
2) Let she turn in to a Herald.
3) Let Juri magicaly comeback and give everybody a happy ending.

The last one make ABSOLUTELY non sense, but i like hapy endings! So.. :D
Mar 25, 2018 3:13 PM

Mar 2013
kikusan said:

You do realize that it's a show about time stop and that the months she spent alone were nothing in the real world?
The dad knew she was coming back that day because she would either live there forever or come back the same day as the others.
Mar 25, 2018 3:18 PM
Jun 2016
A great series and episode, has some issues but I liked it, plus I can't help but wonder what I would do in such a situation :>
Mar 25, 2018 3:20 PM
Apr 2016
NB4Y said:
kikusan said:

You do realize that it's a show about time stop and that the months she spent alone were nothing in the real world?
The dad knew she was coming back that day because she would either live there forever or come back the same day as the others.

Oh boy I have completely forgot the scientific part and thought that Grandfather simply believed that she would come back. You are right if she was to come back it would either way happen that night.
Mar 25, 2018 3:26 PM

Jun 2015
A decent finale to a rather odd show. Juri started to lose her mind after she put baby Sagawa out of Stasis. A woman from a previous episode saved her. The ending was okay. An average show overall. 5/10
Mar 25, 2018 3:50 PM

May 2015
An OK finale. As for the show, pretty enjoyable, but it lost me a bit as it went on. Definitely felt the start was stronger.

7/10.

Mar 25, 2018 5:20 PM

Dec 2014
Wh-what did I just spend the last 12 weeks watching? For having such a strong first episode this show sure went in a lot of strange directions.

5/10
Mar 25, 2018 5:49 PM

Feb 2012
Final episode was alright. I was almost expecting a sad ending when she started to lose her mind. Juri got to return to her family in the end and get a happy ending. I think the show started off strong with some interesting ideas. It definitely declined in the later half tho. I think Sagawa turning into a baby was a pretty stupid development. The way Juri got rescued in the end wasn't really satisfying but I guess it did connect to the first episode. I'll give it a 6/10. Overall an okay show. The OP was fantastic.
Mar 25, 2018 5:51 PM

Mar 2014
feels something underwhelming. i think grandpa is dead at the end and they take the last photo in shikai.
Mar 25, 2018 5:55 PM

Mar 2013
Moral of the story:yesterday's enemy could be tomorrow's son, so never hold a grudge
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Mar 25, 2018 6:05 PM
Jul 2017
I was watching this series 3 eps at a time. Because I couldn't stand the suspense! Indeed it was a good series at the episode level.

But overall, the reveals just got crazier. And then it all ended with a magical girl saving the day. C'mon. The last three episodes were the weakest by far.

This would have made an excellent 2-hour movie, but the story wasn't strong enough for a 12-episode series.
...but then again, I unironically like Warau Salesman.
Mar 25, 2018 6:29 PM

Apr 2016
The show was fine. It had a strong start but had a weak second half. Atleast it was enjoyable unlike other shows this season. 7/10
Mar 25, 2018 6:44 PM

Oct 2015
The ending was okay. I was expecting a little more lore about the stasis world. Instead it was presented as something like secret base for people to escape to. I suppose that would be the purpose. People are thrown into the unknown, and then some people develop a religion around it. Then after all this build up, you meet the actual creator and they tell you its just some trinket they use to play around with a long time ago. I suppose it could be similar to meaning of life being the number 42.
Mar 25, 2018 6:49 PM

Jan 2016
PastFuturist said:
I was watching this series 3 eps at a time. Because I couldn't stand the suspense! Indeed it was a good series at the episode level.

But overall, the reveals just got crazier. And then it all ended with a magical girl saving the day. C'mon. The last three episodes were the weakest by far..

"magical girl"???? Watch the "first" episode again, focus and I hope then you can say something intelligently rather than being ignorant and just saying how you feel. Be clever and think first in criticism of the show.
HenshinDriftMar 25, 2018 6:55 PM
Mar 25, 2018 7:20 PM
Jun 2017
Nice finale, Juri has able to be brought back to her original world (thanks to the owner/founder that she have met)...

* and she became the parent/ mother of Sagawa (reborn/ reincarnated)... hahaha
Mar 25, 2018 7:38 PM

Nov 2011
What was up with the pictures at the end? Was it just to remember Jiisan when he dies? Also how did the founder know of Juri's ancestors? Idk seemed a little silly of an ending. I would have rather had this as episode 11 and then a wrap up in episode 12. But whatever. They never really went into life continuing either. So did everything turn back on once Jiisan was sent back?It would make sense since it was his blood to begin with.

karmashizzle said:
story was meh. 6/10
op/ed song was really good tho.

Babe.
SoraSenpaiMar 25, 2018 7:48 PM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 25, 2018 8:00 PM
Sep 2017
A decent anime 7/10. If there is a second season, i would watch it. Cause there is that blond girl (founder) and that ell slime thingy that needs to be explained.

Mar 25, 2018 8:21 PM

Aug 2017
This series is a disaster. Asspulls, vaguely explained powers, plot amor, lack of tension, cliffhangers everywhere, plot holes, bad animation, etc. 2/5 for the episode. 3/10 for the anime
NurguburuMar 25, 2018 8:34 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 25, 2018 8:35 PM

Jul 2015
And thus, we have finally reached the end of Kokkoku. Damn this was one hell of a ride, and I never would have expected them to be taking care of a baby in the final episode. Couldn't shake this feeling of sadness watching this episode go down like this. Watching her just trying to stay happy, if you can even call it that, was hard, and I was just worried about what was gonna happen the whole time. BUT IF THERE'S ONE THING THIS ANIME DOES A WHOLE LOT OF... It's throw completely random crap at people out of nowhere.

The Blonde girl, the founder, looked familiar to me so I actually went back to the first episode and yeah, she was right there. The series ended right where it started. Didn't think about how she was nonexistent through out the entire series up until now. Juri sleeping on the floor was also a thing in the first episode.

And with this, I give my final score of 8/10. This was quite the wild ride, was pretty damn fun, and I like the characters here a lot. The story itself was pretty damn cool and all the twists and turns kept me interested... until there weren't really any twists and turns anymore. Once everything was figured out, the mystery and suspense was kind of lost but still, this was great.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Mar 25, 2018 8:44 PM

Jun 2016
Yukawa family, was nice to meet you all. 8/10
Mar 25, 2018 9:09 PM
Jul 2018
Didn't expect that ending, but it's so-so ending. 7/10.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kokkoku Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2018

66 by fathandz »»
Nov 18, 2023 9:49 PM

Poll: » Kokkoku Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2018

53 by fathandz »»
Nov 17, 2023 11:48 PM

Poll: » Kokkoku Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2018

60 by fathandz »»
Nov 15, 2023 3:47 AM

Poll: » Kokkoku Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2018

43 by fathandz »»
Nov 12, 2023 9:51 PM

Poll: » Kokkoku Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2018

50 by fathandz »»
Nov 11, 2023 8:44 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.