Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 20, 2018 11:52 AM

Aug 2013
JonasTheJay said:

Dude, what anime you like has nothing to do with elitism. You probably think everyone who likes Logh and all that other stuff is an elitist, but it's actually the people who are total dicks about their taste and opinions.

Oh, thank you for that! Honestly, I was thinking about if I am one or not just because I like some of "what you would most probably call" elitist anime. But, sorry I can't help it, I just like them.
I really do hope I don't have to feel bad about that.
Mar 20, 2018 11:54 AM

Jan 2018
it's just preference. all the elitism thing is just a meme. nobody takes those things THAT seriously, I get someone might give a popular mainstream show a score of 3, but he won't go around saying it's garbage without no apparent reason. i see nothing wrong with people liking "bad animes" lol.
Mar 20, 2018 12:42 PM

Jun 2015
I know it's crazy, but people can have a different opinion than you.
:)
Mar 20, 2018 12:47 PM

Jun 2011
ZSTGL_IMA said:
Dagura said:
People nowadays have started to hate on good anime and promote bad anime just because they want to be considered 'special' and to be accepted by the 'elitist' class.
As much as I hate elitists and despise their existence, to a certain extent, they prove themselves right. Wannabe-elitists are a group of people who just randomly rate good anime low and bad anime high so that they can be considered to have a unique taste, which I absolutely take a piss on. If you piss on an anime which is actually good just because you want to sound like an elitist, you shouldn't exist.
With that said, I want opinions regarding elitists and this new class of retards called 'wannabe-elitists'(would love to tag some, but nah ;( ).

What if the anime you consider "bad" is the anime that someone likes and vice versa...
And just because he is promoting his favorite anime doesn't mean you would criticize him over promoting "bad" anime..
The only elitist here is you, because you're implying that some anime are objectively "good" and shouldn't be rated low..
Dagura said:

School Days....................

The anime "School Days" that you named above, is clearly one of the worst anime considered by the majority, why?
The characters are very stupid, there's a main character Makoto, who is the literal definition of a man whore. The first thing he has done was cheat on the girl he was in a relationship in with another girl. Then he also cheated on that girl by sleeping with other girls. The story in a nutshell was basically this; there's a protagonist that basically smashes every girl he sees while trying to commit in a relationship. Constantly cheating on Kotonoha was the basic formula for this anime. This got repeated so much, to the point where it’s numbing. Lastly, it was the ending which I don't really need to explain...

Only virgin characters can possibly be good protaganists. Nobody would possibly want to see a protaganist smash one or all the girls.... That has never once been complained about any series I like....

I think people just really hate when people over 40 are smashing all the girls and not the protag though.

But yeah, who would possibly want some hentai protagonist in a normal anime....?
The anime community in a nutshell.
Mar 20, 2018 12:57 PM
Jul 2018
"this guy doesn't like my favorite anime so he should be an elitist"- maybe you should actually ask him if he has valid criticisms instead. If no, then yes.
Mar 20, 2018 1:02 PM

Jan 2013
SAO is fucking shit let go of it already. That being said there's absolutely nothing wrong with enjoying shit. I treat myself to some shit some times. Go to Mcdonals and what not.

90s were the best time for Japan. Best cars. Best animes. Sex and violence. They've softened now.
Mar 20, 2018 1:49 PM

May 2009
Dagura said:
People nowadays have started to hate on good anime and promote bad anime just because they want to be considered 'special' and to be accepted by the 'elitist' class.
As much as I hate elitists and despise their existence, to a certain extent, they prove themselves right. Wannabe-elitists are a group of people who just randomly rate good anime low and bad anime high so that they can be considered to have a unique taste, which I absolutely take a piss on. If you piss on an anime which is actually good just because you want to sound like an elitist, you shouldn't exist.
With that said, I want opinions regarding elitists and this new class of retards called 'wannabe-elitists'(would love to tag some, but nah ;( ).
what exactly is the difference between elitists and "wannabe elitists"?
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Mar 20, 2018 3:47 PM

Sep 2015
GlennMagusHarvey said:
Dagura said:
what exactly is the difference between elitists and "wannabe elitists"?

elitists are those he agrees with; wannabe elitists are those he disagrees with. simple as that
N.etorare T.echnical R.esearcher
Mar 20, 2018 4:04 PM

Oct 2012
Everybody who doesn't share my opinions is lying, whine whine whine
Mar 20, 2018 4:21 PM
Aug 2016
We should all be happy about the hobby we share and have someone to talk to about it. There's no point in bringing down other peoples love and passion because and elitist is claiming to be "better" in some way. Just remember to watch what makes you happy and keep being yourself ;3
Diversity in the community can also be a good thing from time to time :3
Mar 20, 2018 5:04 PM

Jun 2015
Pullman said:
Of course you 'don't get' why they would watch a lot of anime if they dislike most of them, but you just made up that part about them disliking most of them, when that should have been the part you 'don't know'. Of course if you make up unreasonable stories about other people you won't 'get it'. That's a next level self-fulfilling prophecy. And I do see that as a pretty hostile rhetoric trick by it's nature.
^ I like

I can go to sleep now.

Props for trying to reply in a structured manner just to get another random rambling as a follow-up.
Mar 20, 2018 5:08 PM

Feb 2015
>Dagura
>kim YunjUn

I find the alt and the main. Must me nice talking to yourself. Anyway...

Trust me, Koufuku Grafitti is all you need.
Mar 20, 2018 5:22 PM

Mar 2016
Yes, I am a wannabe elitist for rating anime I dislike low and anime I like high :)
"People who don't see that anime has changed are either wearing "glasses" or watching only a certain type (and or era) of anime"
"Having a low mean score doesn't necessarily mean one doesn't enjoy anime. Rating system is not a school grading system."
"Elitist is people who think he is superior than others. Not necessarily ones who insulting/critisizing your favorite anime or people who enjoy a certain type of anime"
"Fanboy is people who translating "your favorite anime is shit" into "you are shit".
"Being a fanboy is an indication of elitism"
Mar 20, 2018 5:24 PM
Jan 2014
ITT: underage teenager upset that some people don't like bad shonen trash.
Mar 20, 2018 6:22 PM

Jun 2015
That's quite the colorful op.

Anyway, the only thing sillier than changing your taste to make people like you is caring about people changing their taste to get people to like them.

Mar 20, 2018 6:31 PM

Dec 2017
JonasTheJay said:
Dagura said:

I am not an elitist because I like naruto shippuden, sword art online, death note and sniffing your mum's underarm

Dude, what anime you like has nothing to do with elitism. You probably think everyone who likes Logh and all that other stuff is an elitist, but it's actually the people who are total dicks about their taste and opinions.
And most of the people who like Ginga E are mostly eltists. What now athiest.
Yeah right there is no way a doujin about vomit exists.
Good song https://soundcloud.com/yeungkakit33/op4-hekireki-last-alliance
Tsumino account is BigMaraIppo
Another Good Song Listen to テスト by mukami #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/mukami/77a
Ashita no Joe and Megalo box are disappointing anime.
My reviews:https://myanimelist.net/profile/Botan-Chan45/reviews
Best Naruto Op: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByCNZxOBVWM&list=RDByCNZxOBVWM&index=1
discord name: Chitoge Kirisaki#9564
https://discord.gg/nGKu6zx my discord server for plebs
Mar 20, 2018 6:34 PM

Dec 2017
ConfusionHaze said:
SAO is fucking shit let go of it already. That being said there's absolutely nothing wrong with enjoying shit. I treat myself to some shit some times. Go to Mcdonals and what not.

90s were the best time for Japan. Best cars. Best animes. Sex and violence. They've softened now.
Nice B8t M8t - Money Mayweather characterlimit
Best Naruto Op: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByCNZxOBVWM&list=RDByCNZxOBVWM&index=1
Mar 20, 2018 6:46 PM

Sep 2017
You're somewhat right; some people simply demote an anime and upvote other anime just so they can show the world that their taste is 'soooooo unique' to everyone else's just to receive attention and praise.

But some other people are actually honest about their opinion on the anime that they have watched; not everyone who you claim does this doesn't actually do it. Not everyone has the same tastes and there should be nothing wrong with having different tastes.
Mar 20, 2018 7:51 PM

Aug 2016
Sounds more like a hipster to me.

A wannabe elitist to me would be someone that only favorites and highly rates anime that consist of the 20-30 shows that most would consider elitist. (Everyone knows what they are by now)It's especially evident if they shit on everything that isn't one of those shows. True elitist themselves don't even go that far and have guilty pleasures.
Mar 20, 2018 10:29 PM

Mar 2015
the time you discredited someone because like/dislike something, you are the elitist...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Mar 21, 2018 1:29 AM

Jul 2014
I've said it before and I'll say it again; elitists barely exist so there's no point in making threads about them every fortnight.
Take care of yourself

Mar 21, 2018 2:13 AM

Mar 2013
So.. is the whole elitist thing on MAL a meme or not? It's kinda hard to tell sometimes. The opinions of these so called "elitists" are just as valid as anyone else's opinion on this medium, in other words, they're unexceptional. Just keep liking whatever you like and don't let other people's opinion affect you.

Mar 21, 2018 3:22 AM

Apr 2017
But seriously, who wants to become an elitist anyways? If someone is calling you an elitist then he's insulting you, it's not even a compliment so why do some people want to be called elitist? Do wannabe-elitist even exist? I highly doubt it.
S-quare22Mar 22, 2018 11:36 AM

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Mar 21, 2018 5:44 AM

Jan 2018
MechaKnightDarek said:
Literally what are you on about? Did someone rate a show you liked low and you are making shit up now?

this comment right here killed it. Dis negga probably liked SAO and Death Note so whenever someone rate is low " hes elitist ", what a moron.
Mar 21, 2018 8:09 AM
serendipity

Oct 2015
i'm so confusion

are we still on about elitists in 2018

✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁
i'll be a
bad girl who's
always good to her
boy
✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁
Mar 21, 2018 8:17 AM

Oct 2017
I was gonna take this thread seriously but you rated Mirai Shitty and Sword Ass Online a 9 while you rated Steins Gate a 2 so I can't. Sorry :(
Mar 21, 2018 8:34 AM

Feb 2016
not something I've ever noticed, maybe you just hang out in the wrong places.
Mar 21, 2018 11:56 AM

Feb 2016
the existence of elitists is needed to illuminate us so we can prevent ourselves from consuming shitty cartoons
Mar 21, 2018 12:10 PM
Nov 2017
I don't enjoy most anime at all.

Im just waiting for sequels of the ones i like

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 21, 2018 5:48 PM

Feb 2010
its time to stop this elitist thing not even funny anymore
Mar 21, 2018 8:33 PM

Oct 2014
There's this thing called "taste" that people tend to have. You have no way of proving that people are lying about their opinions of anime so it's more logical just to take things at face value. You could just say they have shit taste if they rate good anime low and bad anime high, especially since both good and bad are subjective, as is shit taste.
Mar 22, 2018 2:09 AM

Jun 2014
zombie_pegasus said:
There's this thing called "taste" that people tend to have. You have no way of proving that people are lying about their opinions of anime so it's more logical just to take things at face value. You could just say they have shit taste if they rate good anime low and bad anime high, especially since both good and bad are subjective, as is shit taste.
Even so there are anime which are generally bad even most people may not agree. In those cases shit taste would not apply. If you look at an anime which has low ratings overall it would prove it was bad either way as the sample size was larger.

So yes having shit taste does not exist but shit anime does exist.
Mar 22, 2018 3:34 AM

Jan 2014
Dagura said:
KimJong-Un said:
This is the same issue that the anime Death Note and Sword Art online has. People dislike those anime just cause they are sheep and have no opinion of the anime and just wanna be in the crowd. If people actually took a look they could see Death Note is actually top 1 anime here and well-known throughout universe.

I agree with you. Sword Art Online is not as bad as people make it to be.
One of the reason why I hate elitists is because of the fact that they always piss on shounen anime and i hate the fact that they do that even tho shounen is actually a good genre. It just happens to usually have a loser MC who later becomes OP as fuck, and what's wrong with that?
Sword Art Online and Death Note, had an OP MC from the very beginning, they developed and bloomed throughout.
I don't get the hype with pissing on good anime or 'overrated' anime(despite of not being overrated). If you hate a good anime, with a good soundtrack, with good animation, a decent plot and lovable characters, you are not an elitist, you are just a fucking retard wannabe piece of shit fuck.

Regards,
Dagura, A.K.A God.
okay i fucking love shounen, my lawyer can confirm that. and i love it when a plot starts off with a loser mc WHO later on becomes an OP character through developement but i get a freaking big hype when an mc starts off as OP. but i can asure you that i have a certain dislike towards SAO for giving me the hypes up until it betrayed me. dont compare death note with SAO that had a lack of developements and suddenly throws in da incest thing up in peoples face in the form of "unrequired love" or "the third Wheel" ffs what a way to spoil a good plotidea (my hate goes towards the anime idk about the LN). im already pissed enough with that "damsel in Cage" situation with asuna that lasted for waay too long.
Sonic X is basically an isekai
Mar 22, 2018 3:58 AM

Sep 2009
Wut?

Elitist are going around hyping unpopular shows?

SAO is comparable to Death Note?

SAO is good show??

I musta fucking slipped unto a coma, died, and woke up in special ed section of hell.
Mar 22, 2018 4:25 AM

Jul 2016
Dagura said:
Pullman said:
Only elitist I see is OP, implying that some anime are objectively good and nobody should be allowed to rate them low without being shat on.

I am not an elitist.
Proof - I like Death note, naruto shippuden and Sword Art Online. ;P
Jesus fucking christ. Being an elitist has nothing to do with your taste in anime. It has to do with how you act and conduct yourself. And you are acting like an elitist.

Different people like different things. Don't attack people for liking or disliking something, but actually listen to them like a decent human being.

Is that really too much to ask of you?
Mar 22, 2018 4:32 AM

Sep 2009
CaptainTree said:

Yeah how dare people like what you don't like whoa they should stop

I don't like how pop music is written by a dozen writers and the best they could do is to turn the entire song into a three minute hook; but I ain't gonna stop they people who make, perform, or listen to it.

Let's not pretend Justin Biber is making history anytime soon or SAO didn't ignite an endless wave of terrible Anime habits.
Mar 22, 2018 4:39 AM

Oct 2017
PizzaOnPineapple said:
Dagura said:

I am not an elitist.
Proof - I like Death note, naruto shippuden and Sword Art Online. ;P
Jesus fucking christ. Being an elitist has nothing to do with your taste in anime. It has to do with how you act and conduct yourself. And you are acting like an elitist.

Different people like different things. Don't attack people for liking or disliking something, but actually listen to them like a decent human being.

this is called a successful bait xdd
ok
Mar 22, 2018 4:46 AM
Aug 2016
The bandwagon phenomenon is stronger than rationality in most of cases.
I don't give a damn about what anyone spends their time on or how they rate it, I just dislike those who feel the need to permanently flaunt their preferences in front of other person's face on any occasion, I guess they are constantly seeking for others' approval while hoping to achieve a false sense of superiority prior comparing their tastes to everyone else's.
Mar 22, 2018 4:59 AM

Jul 2016
Dagura said:
PizzaOnPineapple said:

this is called a successful bait xdd
So acting like a decent human being is out of the question, I see. Nice ""bait"", by the way. You really managed to sell your moronic behaviour quite well.
PitzerMar 22, 2018 5:04 AM
Mar 22, 2018 5:19 AM

Mar 2015
LordLagann said:
CaptainTree said:

Yeah how dare people like what you don't like whoa they should stop

I don't like how pop music is written by a dozen writers and the best they could do is to turn the entire song into a three minute hook; but I ain't gonna stop they people who make, perform, or listen to it.

Let's not pretend Justin Biber is making history anytime soon or SAO didn't ignite an endless wave of terrible Anime habits.

you are giving SAO too much credit... are you obsessed with SAO? lOl
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Mar 22, 2018 6:13 AM

Sep 2017
I try to rate everything fairly, but regarding Death Note and SAO, I have watched SAO and thought it was a ok anime that was nice but wasn't overly enjoyable, but I have yet to watch Death Note though I have been considering watching it.
Bury me in some fashion, in something fashionable.
Mar 22, 2018 7:25 AM

Feb 2016
Who are these people you speak of? What anime are they hating on? Who is in this “elite class”? Have you been researching the forum history of these so called “wannabe elitists” to see for yourself that they recently started hating on “good” anime to become an elitists in order to make such a claim?

Of course you can’t answer these questions. Just another elitist thread with 0 examples. Probably just triggered someone “Took a piss” on your favorite show.
Mar 22, 2018 8:19 AM

Jan 2013
Dagura said:
Hol' up I'mma let you finish

but this has been going on since the fucking 90s.
Mar 22, 2018 10:18 AM

Dec 2017
OneNaughtyBear said:
Who are these people you speak of? What anime are they hating on? Who is in this “elite class”? Have you been researching the forum history of these so called “wannabe elitists” to see for yourself that they recently started hating on “good” anime to become an elitists in order to make such a claim?

Of course you can’t answer these questions. Just another elitist thread with 0 examples. Probably just triggered someone “Took a piss” on your favorite show.
If they rate a great show a 1 and a bad show a 10. The. You look at thier tags and see shit like,"OWO shitty show," or,"gay." I not trying to defend him, but he probably has checked if the actual score was justified or to look like an elitist. He did point out that these are wannabe elitists and not real ones.
Mar 22, 2018 10:44 AM

Jul 2016
Time to dive into a clusterf*ck, I guess.

Dagura said:

I sort of understand what you mean. There are definitely some people who follow so-called "elitest" around without actually checking the show out (or even similar shows) to form their own opinion. The term "elitest" however, has been memed to high hell by both sides. It should be noted that "elitest" only showed up as an opposite to the masses of fans of any popular show and have since gained a considerable following (your so-called wannabe elitest). Imo both sides have very sheepish tendencies. But where I'll have to diverge from you is your point on "good" or "bad" shows.

First off, I'm not sure what you mean by "good" or "bad" anime. It seems that the sh*tposting in this thread has somewhat morphed the definition of a "good" anime into an anime that is well-known and loved by a large number of people aka "popular" anime. From this one can infer that "bad" anime are the shows that these elitest are promoting. These shows JUST SO HAPPEN to not be very well-known. I think its a point the people you call "elitist" are trying to make. There's good and bad anime on both sides of the spectrum and it's better to just expand your taste to stuff that isn't really well known since there are gems lying around everywhere. It's just that the popular anime (your "good" shows) are blinding them out.

In an effort to not get shitposted, I'll offer some popular and unpopular shows which are my genuinely favourite or most hated shows - along with a reason why they're popular/unpopular - just as an example.

Popular- good
Cardcaptor Sakura (best thing since sliced bread. well loved by many in and outside of Asia)
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo (popular since it's tone hit home for a lot of people- me included)

Popular- bad
Himouto Umaru-chan (cancer in 12 episodes but people like it the same reason people go to McDonalds- cheap, short and tasty)
Hai to Genous no Grimgar (people ate it up since it was something new but it had poor world-building, terrible dialogue and bland characters)

Unpopular- good
Sora no woto (a great slice of life. And because its a slice of life, it can never be popular in this day and age)
Flip Flappers (has animation to rival the great studio Bones but from a newbie studio and director no one heard of and wasn't promoted much)

Unpopular- bad
Sakurada reset (made no sense whatsoever on all levels of writing. catered towards a fairly niche crowd)
Isekai Smartphone rubbish and tosh (catered towards the more otaku-leaning crowd and it failed even in that)

To summerise:

1) Popularity cannot be used to determine whether anything was good. Popularity is the result of many different factors. One of which is, indeed, quality but there's so much more.
2) When people are promoting shows you've never heard of while decrying your favourite (popular) show, they're not always the stuck-up pedants. Everyone wants to share their opinion and everyone thinks their opinion is better than everyone elses. Fans of popular shows are equally guilty of this sort of sh*t.

Hope that helps.

And btw SAO totally sucks balls. kappa.

EDIT: MAL has a terrible rating system since it was never intended as a review site like Rotton Tomatoes and their "number of memebers" is by no means an accurate gauge on popularity.
raisin-kunMar 22, 2018 10:48 AM
Mar 22, 2018 2:02 PM

Sep 2009
CaptainTree said:
LordLagann said:

whoa watch out i'm this close to caring about your specific opinion

You obviously do, otherwise you wouldn't be replying. Didn't think that one through now did you?

Kuma said:

you are giving SAO too much credit... are you obsessed with SAO? lOl

Doubtful since SAO was released at a time when Anime was climbing rapidly in popularity for the West and then that came out. Everyone's eyes was glued to the release date and when it finally did come out it only affirmed the stigma that older fans knew all too well and gave a green light to newer fans that this sort of shit is not only acceptable but representative of the medium. It's a faceplam moment that reverberates through time.
Mar 22, 2018 2:14 PM
May 2014
I’ll take a contrarian who can back his opinions up over another hive minded retard saying “omg death note is so great have you seen its MAL rating??????”
Mar 22, 2018 2:30 PM

Aug 2017
Dagura said:

Can you give me an example? When you say "good anime" are you saying that based off anime you felt were good or anime that everyone else feels is good.
Also, about elitists in general, I hate them. They're complacent idiots who think they're better than people for simply having a different taste than people.
Sincerely, from Scorpio.

Mar 22, 2018 2:40 PM

Aug 2017
bitchassdarius said:
KimJong-Un said:
There is nothing to make up. Just look at the most hated anime and you will see Sword Art Online is in that list and yet it is getting that many sequels and money. Which means it is popular just not with the western masses that are controlled by a big hivemind.

youre right its big conspuiracy to cover up how good and succesful sword art online is. i twatched youtube video about how sword art online is will be ut at the MOMA bc of how it is top anime nd its funny bc digibro supereyepatchwolf gigguk mothersbasement said sword art online is shit but little do they kno it is more money they will ever make !!!

EXACTLY! They love to speak for the community, but little do they know they speak for a small number of people. They don't know jack about what they're talking about. Quality never equated to popularity and just because they found a show bad doesn't mean everyone else will find it bad. The fact they think YouTube views = The voice of the anime community is laughable. I've told people countless people that many anime fans don't get on the internet and many don't even know who these YouTubers are. Yet, they act like they know what everyone wants by looking at data that they fail to analyze correctly. Anime likely is bigger in Japan than it is in America or anywhere in the West if we consider how anime is geared towards a Japanese audience, the authors and animators are possibly inspired by Japanese Manga, and Manga and Anime being able to live without our viewership. People here are too arrogant. The world does not revolve around their opinions or their fanbases.
Sincerely, from Scorpio.

Mar 22, 2018 2:43 PM

Aug 2017
IdleSolution said:
What if they just don't like the same shows as you? SAO's quality is garbage and you can't deny that. Yes, it's popular but it doesn't change anything. Popularity never goes hand to hand with quality. I can't see a reason why anyone would put a low score to show he enjoyed, its just he didn't enjoy those things you call good shows

You can deny SAO's quality is garbage. Saying you can't deny it is denying the person the right to have their preference on what they perceive as good.
Sincerely, from Scorpio.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Is it over for newcomer boomers?

LenRea - Apr 24

28 by LenRea »»
58 seconds ago

» What's an anime that didn't meet your expectations, and what's an anime that exceeded them? ( 1 2 )

JKKH - Jul 18, 2022

60 by luisfunes99 »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » hate watching ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 14

50 by alshu »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 6 hours ago

24 by Ricchan__ »»
19 minutes ago

» Is watching a show for the cute girl weird?

fallout45 - 2 hours ago

11 by Horizon248 »»
19 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.