Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 14, 2018 8:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, neat episode this week. It's back to the present story with Violet with her usual role and also interacting with a child this time. Between them, she's the older one.

The relationship of that kid and her mother was interesting to note. It's hard for Violet to make a difference but it seems she's trying to understand her feelings. Quite an emotional episode.
Stark700Mar 14, 2018 8:28 AM
Mar 14, 2018 8:27 AM

Mar 2013
Color me surprised, expected this to be one of the OVA episodes since it is the most episodic and disconnected to Violet's character arc out of the remaining stories. Not complaining since this was one of my favorite chapters next to chapter 3 and 10.

They definitely made this more emotionally resonant by actually fleshing out Violet with the past 9 episodes and having her overcome her grief specifically last episode helps add to her character and this episode alot. By making Ann more childish made her more believable as well since she was a bit too mature for her age in the novel.

Nice little changes that add so much to the authenticity to the characters then their novel counterparts. Like adding the little joke from Oscar's story to Ann's, with Violet being confused for a doll to play up her childishness more. Also instead of Violet doing maintenance on her pistol its her arm instead, allowing Ann to be more invested in the doll narrative then in the novel where Violet just scares Ann with her pistol. It also gives Violet room in the narrative to be more human then in the novels where she is soldier mode 100% of the time and throwing freaking throwing knives at a tree in her free time.

Please next chapter be Aiden's story please... D:
SalmonSandwichMar 14, 2018 8:53 AM
Mar 14, 2018 8:36 AM
May 2015
This episode got me, don't know how much of it has to do with being able to directly relate to its particular themes. Still, great episode.
Mar 14, 2018 9:41 AM

Apr 2010
Again a good episode.
The person tho whom the letters where directed to became clear to me halfway during the episode which made the content special.
It's nice to see her mother working so hard for her daughter despite her nearing end.

It kind of makes me think of a song from Tupac, 'Letter 2 my Unborn son' which is a similar idea.
Tho this episode was more emotional
Mar 14, 2018 10:22 AM
Mar 2018
Where can I watch this episode? Please someone tell me i'm dying to see it :(
Mar 14, 2018 10:29 AM

Apr 2016
Yes! They've adapted Chapter 2! This one probably has the best ending out of all chapters imo. Although it was a bit predictable, I really liked the mom's massive efforts to write the numerous letters for her daughter to be seen after her death.

There were some minor differences, for example Ann didn't run away in the novel, but I think it was a good addition since it showed how much she cares for her mother.

I think they made Ann a bit more childish in the anime, but I'm happy they didn't go over the top.

Also VE's score seems to be going up again, last time I checked it was 8.39, now it's 8.41.

SalmonSandwich said:

Major_GilbertMar 14, 2018 11:28 AM

"Le vent se lève!... Il faut tenter de vivre!"
- Paul Valéry, Le Cimetière Marin -

Mar 14, 2018 11:06 AM

Mar 2013
Major_Gilbert said:
Yes! They've adapted Chapter 2! This one probably has the best ending out of all chapters imo. Although it was a bit predictable, I really liked the mom's massive efforts to write the numerous letters for her daughter to be seen after her death.

There were some minor differences, for example Ann didn't run away in the novel, but I think it was a good addition since it showed how much she cares for her mother.

I think they made Ann a bit more childish in the anime, but I'm happy they didn't go over the top.

Also VE's score seems to be going up again, last time I checked it was 8.39, now it's 8.41.

SalmonSandwich said:

I think my prediction from last episode discussion is still on track. Chapter 5 and 10, you seem to have the same reasoning as me on why it shouldn't even be adapated since it really adds nothing to the adaptation.

I see next episode adapting Aiden's story from chapter 3. Ep 11 covering chapter 5 with the prison story(I beg you this is my favorite chapter in the whole novel D:!). Ep 12 covering ch 11-12 with the flying letters (they may have to tweak it depending on how they let certain events play out for the finale but its doable)
, and the finale with chapter 13 (I think it can be done in 1 episode since its relatively simple story-line with mostly action set-pieces.
Mar 14, 2018 11:41 AM

Apr 2016
SalmonSandwich said:
I see next episode adapting Aiden's story from chapter 3. Ep 11 covering chapter 5 with the prison story(I beg you this is my favorite chapter in the whole novel D:!). Ep 12 covering ch 11-12 with the flying letters (they may have to tweak it depending on how they let certain events play out for the finale but its doable)
, and the finale with chapter 13 (I think it can be done in 1 episode since its relatively simple story-line with mostly action set-pieces.

Major_GilbertMar 14, 2018 11:47 AM

"Le vent se lève!... Il faut tenter de vivre!"
- Paul Valéry, Le Cimetière Marin -

Mar 14, 2018 11:56 AM

Mar 2013
Major_Gilbert said:
SalmonSandwich said:

Mar 14, 2018 12:14 PM

Nov 2007

That was one incredibly emotional episode. Ann's mother couldn't have left her any more wonderful parting gift. I already saw everything coming yet I couldn't hold back my tears throughout the second half of episode. I thought I had cried enough in this anime already but boy I was wrong. T_T

Violet's effort truly became timeless. I was wondering if Violet went back to being emotionless but she was actually holding everything in for the sake of Ann and her mother. And everything poured out once she completed her duty. T_T

I will be honest here. The series is now really testing my resolve of holding back from giving this anime a 10/10.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 14, 2018 12:57 PM

Jul 2014
Ok... this fucking got me.. a lil too much... this anime has been on a roll ever since the flashback on ep 8 started, please keep this up!
Mar 14, 2018 1:50 PM
Mar 2017
I'm still waiting for my fucking scene from the giant flying

FireCrauterMar 14, 2018 1:54 PM
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Mar 14, 2018 3:53 PM

Feb 2016
Good Job KyoAni going from Hero to Zero again, what an annoying little brat you had to focus on. Violet Violet Violet Violet Violet Violet Violet Violet Violet Violet Violet Mom Mom Mom Mom Mom Mom Mom Mom Give me attention Give me attention Give me attention Give me attention Give me attention. Will you ever shut up? sigh

Yes, I Understand her situation and that she's a little girl. But you don't have to make her that annoying. That just backfires

Btw, if you are going to state the same thing a lot of people had told me already, please read my replies. Thank you
CrimsonWandererMar 20, 2018 6:24 AM
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Mar 14, 2018 4:23 PM

Oct 2016
I'd dare to say it was the best episode so far.
Mar 14, 2018 4:40 PM

Aug 2017
Oh no, the episodes with the side characters and overdramatic scenes returns. Well, let's talk about it.

First, uh, that little brat is more mean and annoying than Charlotte from episode 5. She made the episode so hard to follow. Please, don't come back. LOL when she tries to attack Violet, i laughed when that scene was supposed to be sad or wherever. Second, Violet's dialogue about the tea was another funny scene. Third, I don't care about the mother-little brat relation because i just meet them in this episode. Another generic melodramatic episode that adds nothing. 2/5

PD: someone know where came from the robotics arms of Violet? Did I miss something?
NurguburuMay 3, 2019 11:41 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 14, 2018 4:40 PM

Aug 2013
Despite the entire episode was very predictable, it still didn't fail to be emotional. Simple, yet beautiful.

We have come a long way.
UImoetardMar 14, 2018 5:05 PM
Mar 14, 2018 4:55 PM

Apr 2011
Well my guess is right.

But wow, they really made Violet so much more emotional on the anime and I love it.
Mar 14, 2018 5:12 PM

Jun 2015
This was an okay episode, no tears were shed. I figured Violet was helping to write letters to the daughter so they can be sent whenever she's growing up. Violet crying at the end was nice.
Mar 14, 2018 5:28 PM
Jan 2018
This episode was so sad.. I ended up crying three times throughout the whole episode ( ;´Д`)that last scene though...
Mar 14, 2018 5:38 PM

Dec 2015
Damn, that was a really heavy episode. I think that was one of the best in the series so far.
Mar 14, 2018 6:23 PM

Sep 2008
na, fuck this shit, I'll go ahead and put this with a fucking 10/10 right now, this shit it's to good for what was offered to me, let alone crying, my heart hurts so bad, especially now that she knows how to face this feeling after Gilbert's death
now i see why this won the kyoani awards...this anime is entering in my feel zone, just beside those anime like Toradora and everything else made by key, god damn it, my heart
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Mar 14, 2018 6:26 PM

Mar 2016
shanimebib said:

That was one incredibly emotional episode. Ann's mother couldn't have left her any more wonderful parting gift. I already saw everything coming yet I couldn't hold back my tears throughout the second half of episode. I thought I had cried enough in this anime already but boy I was wrong. T_T

Violet's effort truly became timeless. I was wondering if Violet went back to being emotionless but she was actually holding everything in for the sake of Ann and her mother. And everything poured out once she completed her duty. T_T

I will be honest here. The series is now really testing my resolve of holding back from giving this anime a 10/10.

I was exactly like Violet here....omg....I was trying to hold back on my emotions during most of the episode, but when Violet broke down in tears because she had to hold back her emotions during that entire time with the girl's family, I could no longer hold back my own tears....I consider myself a manly man, but god damn, I broke down :(
Not even the likes of stuff like Anohana or Plastic Memories hit me that hard with emotions.
Mar 14, 2018 6:29 PM

Feb 2012
Why the fuck Im watching this episode at work? The time skip really fucking killed me
Mar 14, 2018 6:30 PM

Oct 2014
I was worried where it would go from the last episode, but man... ;-; even knowing what the letters really meant before they were sent, it was still devastating to watch play out. What I didn't expect was how much it impacted Violet. That cold exterior has become just that, no longer does she have a robotic heart.
Mar 14, 2018 6:33 PM

Aug 2008
HereticHunter said:
Good Job KyoAni going from Hero to Zero again, what an annoying little brat you had to focus on. Violet Violet Violet Violet Violet Violet Violet Violet Violet Violet Violet Mom Mom Mom Mom Mom Mom Mom Mom Give me attention Give me attention Give me attention Give me attention Give me attention. Will you ever shut up? sigh

Yes, I Understand her situation and that she's a little girl. But you don't have to make her that annoying. That just backfires

Burguburu said:
Oh no, the episodes with the side characters and overdramatic scenes returns. Well, let's talk about it.

First, uh, that little brat is more mean and annoying than Charlotte from episode 5. She made the episode so hard to follow. Please, don't come back. LOL when she tries to attack Violet, i laughed when that scene was supposed to be sad or wherever. Second, Violet's dialogue about the tea was another funny scene. Third, i don't care about the mother-little brat relation because i just meet her in this episode. Another generic melodramatic episode that adds nothing. 2/5

PD: someone know where came from the robotics arms of Violet? Did i miss something?
what the fuck y'all
Mar 14, 2018 6:39 PM

May 2012
GOD DAMN! WHAT AN EPISODE! And what an incredibly beautiful idea for a parent's last gift to their child. One of the best episodes of an anime I have ever seen! Brilliant stuff.
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Mar 14, 2018 6:44 PM

Feb 2016
destructo22 said:
HereticHunter said:

Burguburu said:

First, uh, that little brat is more mean and annoying than Charlotte from episode 5. She made the episode so hard to follow. Please, don't come back. LOL when she tries to attack Violet, i laughed when that scene was supposed to be sad or wherever. Second, Violet's dialogue about the tea was another funny scene. Third, i don't care about the mother-little brat relation because i just meet her in this episode. Another generic melodramatic episode that adds nothing. 2/5

PD: someone know where came from the robotics arms of Violet? Did i miss something?
what the fuck y'all

I really doubt you haven't seen one anime where a single character just ruins the enitre experience (Like Subaru in Re:Zero, or Yukki in Mirai Nikki), this is the case here, it isn't just annoying but there isn't enough time for me to develop some empathy to be even sad for her. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Feels bad man
CrimsonWandererMar 14, 2018 8:31 PM
~Blackwall
Mar 14, 2018 6:45 PM
May 2017
On tears after watching this episode... how beautiful and touching.

Cannot vote 6 out of 5.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Mar 14, 2018 6:47 PM

Feb 2016
Burguburu said:

I know right? that little brat just ruined everything for me on this episode, even worse than Charlotte's selfishness. I couldn't even finish the episode because I knew where it was going.
~Blackwall
Mar 14, 2018 6:52 PM

Dec 2016
Yes Violet is actually quite tall, and considering she is what 14 or 15 I can't remember what they said which means she will grow a lot more.

I had a feeling the mother was sick, lying in bed like that gave it away even before she almost collapsed.

All those letters were for Anne, that was really col seeing her grow up and reading those future letters.

Wow there were over 50 of them, that is really great dedication by her mother, seeing all that and Violet at the end almost brought me to tears.

Another great episode.
Mar 14, 2018 6:53 PM
Oct 2017
I shed a tears when she got the first letter :'(
Mar 14, 2018 6:58 PM

Feb 2012
HereticHunter said:

What? I am not allowed to dislike annoying kids? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

hurr durr look at me im so dark so edgy
Mar 14, 2018 6:58 PM

Apr 2013
This episode alone is the heaviest episode of 2018 so far. This is truly one of best episode and hits you so hard in every aspect. This episode literally just carried Winter Anime 2018.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 14, 2018 7:02 PM
Jul 2016
dor1806 said:
Where can I watch this episode? Please someone tell me i'm dying to see it :(
http://animeheaven.eu/watch.php?a=Violet%20Evergarden&e=10
Mar 14, 2018 7:15 PM
✿。

Apr 2012
Good episode!
While it was quite predictable, It’s still heartbreaking to see.

I however thought the letters were meant for something else like the mother’s will or for her to arrange someone to take care of her daughter.
It got me emotional when Ann began reading the letters her mum wrote for her as she grew up ;;

“Loved Ones Will Always Watch Over You" ~
-ArisaMar 14, 2018 7:58 PM

:: Sʏᴍᴘʜᴏɴɪᴀ

Fly me to the moon
Let me play among the stars
Let me see what spring is like
On jupiter and mars

☆ ★ ☆ ★
Mar 14, 2018 7:18 PM

May 2015
Burguburu said:

Another week of you using words you don't understand as criticism.

Mar 14, 2018 7:46 PM

Aug 2017
Kittens-kun said:
Burguburu said:

1) If i praise this show everytime you don't tell me anything.

2) You don't even watch this anime (1/14).

3) Why i use 'words that i don't understand as criticism'? I'm very clear here. Can you give me a counter-argument based on quality and not at enjoyment?

4) Greetings.
NurguburuMar 14, 2018 7:50 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 14, 2018 7:47 PM

Mar 2018
This episode was very emotional. It was heartbreaking how the daughter knew of her mother's condition and wanted to spend every last minute with her. Although the ending was kinda predictable it still has a great impact on you.
"Those that break the rules and regulations are scum. But those who abandon their friends are even worse than scum." -Obito Uchiha
Mar 14, 2018 7:52 PM

May 2015
Burguburu said:
Kittens-kun said:

1) If i praise this show you everytime don't tell me anything.

3) Why i use 'words that i don't understand as criticism'? I'm very clear here. Can you give me a counter-argument based on quality and not at enjoyment?

4) Greetings.

1. Your English is bad. What are you even trying to say here?

2. Yeah, I do watch it. Just haven't updated it.

3. Can you explain how the episode (or the show in general because you use the same criticisms every week) is generic or melodramatic? I haven't seen you do so yet.

Mar 14, 2018 7:57 PM

Nov 2007
destructo22 said:
what the fuck y'all

The best thing you can do is ignore. The moment you reply to them they will feed on it.

IkoiTsukishiro said:
I think that Violet Evergarden has made use of every episode in a formulaic way, with episode 9 being the episode where Violet moves on with life, now that she realizes that Gilbert (is likely) dead. This episode was wonderfully placed as being the next episode, since Violet now understands how deep parental love can be (due to episode 7 with the man and his daughter, and her own experience with Gilbert, understanding how hard it is for the one who’s left behind, now that she’s been developed and understands these emotions in both perspectives with if the parent is left behind, or child, as someone who knew nothing about love, to someone who knew what love was). It works very well as the episode after episode 9 also, because Violet can finally take into consideration how her feelings and the feelings of her client can come together to form something beautiful, since she now understands what those feelings they hold dear are.

Violet wouldn’t have been as considerate towards the girl if this had been placed before her development in episode 9. Violet wouldn’t have shed those tears nor felt such a burdening sense of sorrow if this had been placed before her development in episode 9. Because this was placed after, it was such a realistic way of creating subtle emotional values of Violet and her actions towards everyone, and her views of them herself.

I’m quite curious on where they plan to go on from this point of. I was hoping episodes would get stronger and stronger after her development in episode 9, and 10 definitely was a great episode and definitely was a well-placed episode, and was also logically placed. I’m not sure where the next logical place would be to explore in the story of Violet Evergarden.

Whatever it is, this episode definitely made this my anime of the season (and possibly year as a new anime, since this is the year of sequels).

I’m actually very surprised with this quality, since I imagine that most of the (episode) directors would be busy on the 2 new Hibike! Euphonium films, Free Season 3, Tsurune, and a possible new title/adaption in development behind all of that. But KyoAni and the staff who worked on this episode delivered very pleasantly well. I was also very happy with the choice to use the 2nd verse of the ending song to end the episode, since it’s more light-hearted with the instruments used in the background, and the bridge is personally my favorite part of the song.

That's what I thought. I have been critical about the earlier episodes but now the anime looks one of the best directed anime and I am not just saying for this season. It's probably one of the best directed anime to come out in recent years. All the complains of pacing issue and not working with the original contents can have some well deserved rest now. Violet's development as a character has been tremendous and it has been handled the best way possible. What we are witnessing now is sort of like an After Story.

I pointed out that the reason why episode 9 was called "Violet Evergarden" because it marked the completion of her character and a key point in the story.

I have had a bit of doubts because of Ishidate Taichi being the director as I wasn't really a big fan of him handling Kyoukai no Kanata but I have to say he just owned Winter 2018.

Anne is one of the most beautifully created child characters that truly shows how a child's mind works and how a child acts. Remember when she said her mother doesn't like bugs so she would hold back from that but in the final segments with her mom, she picks up a bug and runs towards her mom making her mom scared. It was a child being unable to contain what it wants to do!

At the same time she is intelligent enough to understand that those who visited her sick mom were truly after the mansion and not to see her mom which made her despise guests. She also realized that the time with her mom was coming to an end. And that's why she was such an obedient girl from the start, not wanting to make her mom worry. But in the end, she made her mom cry which broke her heart only for Violet to mend it.

Small things that add up to how beautifully a story can be told. One really has to pay constant attention to this anime. Every single second has a meaning in VE, that's how well crafted the episodes are.

Thought I would add another screencap from this amazing episode. Anne pulling on Violet's sleeves to make her sit so that she could kiss her was so cute!

Side note: Anne's surname is Magnolia, yet another flower's name has been used in this anime.

I really thought Sora yori or Yuru Camp will come on top because of the consistency but the level VE reached in the latter episodes has far surpassed any competition in my book. THIS IS THE ANIME OF THE SEASON for me. The year is still young but I think it will definitely be in contention for my ANIME OF THE YEAR. I still think 3-gatsu no Lion S2 is the standout ongoing anime right now but VE is not very far behind at this moment. Who knows what we have in store with the remaining four episodes.

As for KyoAni having their hands full, alongside the titles you have mentioned, they also worked on Chuunibyou Take On Me during the initial production stage of VE. Also, Hibike! Euphonium Todoketai Melody is not entirely a recap movie. There is 20 minutes worth of new content in a 100 min long movie. That's basically a new episode merged into the recap. And we have to consider the fact that Hibike is one of the most resource heavy anime to come out in recent years. So, those 20 minutes worth of new contents are probably equivalent to 3-4 normal anime episodes of a regular TV anime because the difference in details that Hibike has compared to any normal TV anime is simply extraordinary.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 14, 2018 8:22 PM

Aug 2017
Kittens-kun said:
Burguburu said:

1) If i praise this show you everytime don't tell me anything.

4) Greetings.

1. Your English is bad. What are you even trying to say here?

2. Yeah, I do watch it. Just haven't updated it.

3. Can you explain how the episode (or the show in general because you use the same criticisms every week) is generic or melodramatic? I haven't seen you do so yet.

1) You quote an unedited version. I fixed it up. Look above. Is this important? I said that you only complain about the unpopular opinions about this show. If someone praised it, you will don't care.

2) Well, just do it xD

3) Again, give some arguments of why i use 'words that i don't understand as criticism'?

Is melodramatic? Yes, it is. Why? That types of episodes are exaggerated so hard to the point of being unrealistic. I can't take their repetitive tragic/sad stories seriously. Also they don't have so much screen to care about them (just one episode, really?). This anime could be a bit better if had two episodes dedicated to them! Many of this episodes affect very little to the plot or Violet. If they did not exist (except the third episode), Violet will remain the same. There is no one happy story!

Is generic? Yes, it is. Many of them are just there for the shock factor. It's nothing we haven't seen before.

Greetings.
NurguburuMar 14, 2018 8:29 PM
Mar 14, 2018 8:27 PM

Dec 2014
Was a good ep, but didn't particularly feel anything while watching this ep since it was easy to tell the mom was going to die and the letters would be for the understandably brat daughter. Nice to see Violet show some emotions though.
I need sleep.
Mar 14, 2018 8:28 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
This was an ok episode. Sadly it follows the standard, generic formula of episodes 2-7 but the acting on the little girl's part was really nicely done I will say. I hope the next 4 episodes really just focus on Violet's character more than just the melodrama that the show displays with one time characters.
Mar 14, 2018 8:29 PM

Feb 2016
Burguburu said:

Is melodramatic? Yes, it is. Why? That types of episodes are exaggerated so hard to the point of being unrealistic. I can't take their repetitive tragic/sad stories seriously. Also they don't have so much screen to care about them (just one episode, really?). This anime could be a bit better if had two episodes dedicated to them! Many of this episodes affect very little on the plot or characters. If they did not exist (except the third episode), Violet will remain the same. There is no one happy story!

This^

Exactly what I feel about it, This anime would have been better if they spend more episodes to their stories. Rushing everything in only 1 episode and expecting to be a success its pretty risky and will not work most of the time. There are very few times when this succeeds. But in Violet it just backfires.
~Blackwall
Mar 14, 2018 8:46 PM

Jan 2013
christmas something about this show with parents and their kids...first that dude and his lost daughter and now the girl with her later-lost mother with all those birthday letters. it kinda felt repetitive because of that former episode, tho it still had a bit of impact like Violet breaking at the end
Mar 14, 2018 8:46 PM

Aug 2012
This episode fit in so well with the previous episodes. I was surprised that Anne actually understood the situation that her mother was in. Her mother having Violet write letters that would be delivered over the next 50 years was sweet

UImoetard said:

We have come a long way.

Yea this really hit me.
NecromiaMar 14, 2018 8:57 PM
Mar 14, 2018 8:48 PM

Nov 2008

Oh Violet.

You just loooooooove twisting that little knife, DONCHA. XD

I love her expression in this shot

ChiibiMar 14, 2018 9:13 PM

Mar 14, 2018 9:00 PM

Dec 2014
Beautiful episode and easily my favorite so far.

I kept thinking that the letters were for someone who was gonna take in Anne after her Mom died but once I realized that the letters were for Anne herself I got really emotional. On one hand, the fact that she received letters from her Mom encouraging her to live strong put a smile on my face but on the other hand the whole thing was just a tragic thing that no child should've had to go through. :(

The whole final montage with Anne receiving her letters years after her Mother passed away was incredibly touching and I couldn't help but tear up at the end when Violet started crying. :(
I'm sure Anne's mother is proud that she grew up to be a proud and strong woman.
Mar 14, 2018 9:12 PM
Mar 2015
Great episode. The little girl knew that her mother was dying and just wanted this time with her before she died. The mother wanted to be able to reach her even after her death. The letters were her way of watching over Anne after her death and letting her know that she was still with her.
Mar 14, 2018 9:14 PM

Jun 2017
DAMMIT! WHO HAS BEEN CUTTING ONIONS WHILE WATCHING THIS?!?!?

An amazing episode. So emotional and HEAVY, just so sad and so beautiful. I loved this episode so much. <3
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2018

244 by _Anime-Lover-44_ »»
Apr 15, 1:02 AM

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2018

422 by TabbyPog »»
Apr 5, 2:36 PM

» Do you love Violet Evergarden? ( 1 2 )

Stacias - Jul 19, 2022

90 by Zarutaku »»
Apr 5, 4:41 AM

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2018

239 by AdrianRawr »»
Mar 30, 6:50 AM

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2018

498 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Mar 26, 5:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.