Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 9, 2018 8:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn....Sophie's bro and his personal demons...this episode had a good amount of psychology. Feels like he's being used by others too.
On the action front, we got Luke vs. Queen although it felt kinda underwhelming.

Crazy ending. That is one horrific Horror transformation, possibly one of the most twisted ones in this show I've seen so far.
Mar 9, 2018 11:11 AM

Jul 2016
Soooo.... Real King is Mendoza confirmed? No?
I mean Oniichan's horror form looks like Mendoza's final form. And Garm in in this anime as well, i guess there's a purpose for this
Mar 9, 2018 12:42 PM
Jan 2009
Does anyone know who's seiyuu for the King/Onichan?
For me it sounded a lot like Paku Romi but she is voicing the Queen from what I am aware. Is she doing both? But then in ep 20 it sounded a bit more like Rie Kugimiya...
Damn I just can't figure it out :/
Mar 9, 2018 1:30 PM

Jul 2016
The heavy metal riff is so awesome.

Did queen die or was she teleported at the last moment.

I loved the bit with queen trying to seduce him to draw out King (desire).
Mar 9, 2018 2:20 PM

Nov 2016
Queen was strong,but still bite the dust,guess Bishop and Knight will follow during the next two episodes.

Seeing Martin suffer like that along with the flashbacks hurt. His tranaformation was pretty scary. His horror form kinda reminds me at the rabbits from Blood-C

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 9, 2018 5:46 PM

Jun 2015
Luke and Gina working together to take out Queen was great, but I'm not sure if she's dead or not. I kinda feel bad for Martin for being tricked by Queen and everyone else. His transformation is so creepy.
Mar 9, 2018 9:02 PM
Sep 2015
I kinda expect King's horror transformation to be more elegant, more human-like.
Mar 9, 2018 9:37 PM
May 2011
Finally that whore Queen died
Mar 9, 2018 10:56 PM

May 2017
Top 10 anime siblings fight

Lol all that just to make Sophie's brother who doesn't have a darkness in him a vessel for the real king

Queen got taken out just like that, fucking boring, I hope she's really not dead just like that coz that's just poor writing, also she's hot af not only does she have the ass, I noticed the godly bossom in her office lady outfit <3

And finally Sophie, lol you just helped the enemy summon King. Useless as always
Mar 10, 2018 12:25 AM

Jul 2016
Queen isn't dead, do you even watch the after credits scene, guys?
BTW Martin sounds a lot like Megumi Ogata, but i'm not sure it's her
Mar 10, 2018 4:12 AM

May 2015
Sophie used teleport, it's super effective!

I thought the break down of Martin was was very well done. I don't think he'll make it out alive barring some gigantic asspull.
Mar 10, 2018 8:39 AM
May 2016
Must have been a production error due to tight delays, or something. Whatever it is, it's jarring.
Mar 10, 2018 9:38 AM

Jun 2013
Queen's death was anticlimatic. I hope she makes a surprise comeback by the end.

King is the FV, and yet Queen was the first to Bite Za Dusto? Something's not right..
Weakness is a sin!
Mar 10, 2018 2:18 PM
Mar 2016
Poor Martin, he has to face the harshest to reality that he got punked by the Horrors, but instead of feeling guilty, he becomes bonkers and submits to the ring's dark side.

So can we say that the Queen is dead after Luke and Gina outsmarted her?
Mar 10, 2018 8:10 PM

Jan 2015
Seriously, Spohie's big bro is not and he wouldn't be a Harror. If only he didn't enter that Elevator. So far he's a genius IT expert that falls for Horror trap.
Yes, that escape of Queen must be mean there will be more of fight between her and Luke in the future.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Mar 11, 2018 1:17 AM

May 2016
So it's confirmed that Martin was played from the start by the ancient horror and the others. He's now a shattered man after facing the harsh reality that he was indirectly responsible for 10,000 deaths (plus those who died while trying to obtain Sophie). His goal of creating a better world for Sophie has backfired spectacularly as now even Sophie is against him. He now turns over to the dark side of the ring and turns into a horror himself (with Bishop clearly excited).

Dam horror Martin is just creepy; it looks like an alien from mars with a massive face in the middle of it. It reminds me of the 'Akuma's' from D.Gray-man with their massive dull faces in the middle of a large body. Eww...

Gina & Luke using the two colliding bullets to take out Queen was kinka cool, but the whole fight was underwhelming as I was expecting it to go longer. Even though she got hurt bad it looked like she teleported away so I'm not sure if shes actually finished.

Decent episode all up.
Bondrewd did nothing wrong.
Mar 11, 2018 5:06 AM

Dec 2014
I really hate martin being used like that....on top of it all he was shunned by the one sister he did it all for... I mean at least she could've make him realize that he can atone it all...but nonetheless he went and become horror in the end
Mar 11, 2018 12:10 PM
Apr 2016
thebusofdoom said:
So it's confirmed that Martin was played from the start by the ancient horror and the others. He's now a shattered man after facing the harsh reality that he was indirectly responsible for 10,000 deaths (plus those who died while trying to obtain Sophie). His goal of creating a better world for Sophie has backfired spectacularly as now even Sophie is against him. He now turns over to the dark side of the ring and turns into a horror himself (with Bishop clearly excited).

Dam horror Martin is just creepy; it looks like an alien from mars with a massive face in the middle of it. It reminds me of the 'Akuma's' from D.Gray-man with their massive dull faces in the middle of a large body. Eww...

Gina & Luke using the two colliding bullets to take out Queen was kinka cool, but the whole fight was underwhelming as I was expecting it to go longer. Even though she got hurt bad it looked like she teleported away so I'm not sure if shes actually finished.

Decent episode all up.

I am afraid Garo was never known for actually cool fights, but the story and overall symbolism. Which is why I am here, if I was to judge it by action quality alone I would have stopped after some first Honoo no Kokuin episodes, alright??
Re:formed
Mar 11, 2018 12:16 PM
Jan 2017
As always until now, good episode and good series. 5/5
Mar 11, 2018 12:20 PM

Dec 2016
I feel bad for Martin, it's still mainly his fault because if he simply looked around he would've realized what was happening, but he was too naive and obsessed that he only focused on El Dorado for all the three years he was gone. I realize too that the ring was controlling him in a way, but he still seemingly had a lot of his own personality and mind too, so that's not really a good excuse for him
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Mar 13, 2018 1:08 AM

Oct 2008
Sophie's Onichan has gone much lower and deeper and deprived! and much creepier to boot!
Is Queen really eliminated? btw that was cool team work by Luke & Gina!
4/5.

Mar 13, 2018 10:40 PM

May 2014
Well, there goes Sophie's beloved brother forever. Oh well, all that effort for nothing. I guess after being chocked to death by his own sister and the plan he dedicated his entire life were all a fake world, it's hard to not be consumed by darkness. At least the so called King had a unique appearance. Never seen a white creepy smiling horror before. Why is it a thing in the anime world nowadays to have a face of someone on their chest. First Naruto, now Garo. LOL

Dammit, they should have got rid of that horror woman that licks King's ass. Geez, she is annoying. I will not let anyone touch King. Too bad she may not have died and actually teleported herself.

I really surprised how much developement Luke have had in this entire series. From not being able to teamwork with anyone to actually be able to fight with both Sword and Gina is really something for itself.

Another remarkable thing about this ep. were their combination attack. Just perfect and the animators have done an awesome job here too. I loved that scene.

Next ep. it's King in action. Lets see how strong this so called King is. ^^
mangalicker94Mar 13, 2018 10:46 PM
Mar 13, 2018 10:44 PM

May 2014
ibraheem234 said:
I really hate martin being used like that....on top of it all he was shunned by the one sister he did it all for... I mean at least she could've make him realize that he can atone it all...but nonetheless he went and become horror in the end

But she knew the fate of horrors already. Once they have been taken over, they can't return. She thought the same about her brother. It's too bad they never tried to take off the ring. Maybe by doing so he could get rid of the ancient horror.
Mar 13, 2018 10:48 PM

May 2014
TsundeReaper said:
Top 10 anime siblings fight

Lol all that just to make Sophie's brother who doesn't have a darkness in him a vessel for the real king

Queen got taken out just like that, fucking boring, I hope she's really not dead just like that coz that's just poor writing, also she's hot af not only does she have the ass, I noticed the godly bossom in her office lady outfit <3

And finally Sophie, lol you just helped the enemy summon King. Useless as always

Yep, the qualities of a MILF. She and Gina, hmmm, they are hawt!! xD
Mar 15, 2018 8:43 AM

Apr 2013
Now that Onii-chan turned into a horror we can pretty much see where all of this is heading.

The first live action series of Garo "Which I'm in the middle of watching right now" has a much better character chemistry plus the ost is GAR !
Mar 16, 2018 6:24 PM
Dec 2010
miss a week and everything goes nuts
so this is why they needed Sophie, it was to push martin over the edge
and queen can throw buildings at people!
looks like they dont need city el dorado anymore and the people the tricked have to suffer for it
also seems that king is following the tradition of garo final bosses taking inspiration from Buddhist or hindu dieties
Mar 18, 2018 4:42 AM

Jan 2011
CtrlZED said:
Sophie used teleport, it's super effective!

I thought the break down of Martin was was very well done. I don't think he'll make it out alive barring some gigantic asspull.
I went back to check if my video player just lagged a bit. Looks like it's just showing the side where Martin is coming from before switching to the opposite side with Sophie. It'd look less jarring if they used a different angle for the two.
Mar 24, 2018 12:20 PM

Jul 2009
Brother will go full evil with that cute horror form?!
Mar 27, 2018 8:15 PM

Sep 2011
Man i actually feel terrible for martin, guy spent years being manipulated whilst thinking he was going to better the world and make his sister happy, only in reality was he slaughtering thousands and when he finally sees his sister again she not only tries to kill him but bring the world view of all his deeds coming crashing down

I usually dont like when final bosses of shows dont really appear till near the end, but ill give this show a pass cause its done pretty well.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 6, 2018 1:48 AM
Apr 2018
Mascera said:
Seriously, Spohie's big bro is not and he wouldn't be a Harror. If only he didn't enter that Elevator. So far he's a genius IT expert that falls for Horror trap.

Yeah, i thought i was the only one that noticed that. He was still actually her real human brother when they reunited. She screwed his head up telling him he was already a horror and assuming he was one and then trying to kill him. Had she treated the situation differently and not been so quick to write him off as a horror already with no actual proof, she might have realized he wasnt one and he could have survived and never become consumed with darkness. I mean, if he was a horror, when she was chasing him and trying to kill him he would have transformed but she never stopped to think about why that didnt happen. Bottom line, sophie is the cause for her brother becoming a horror and getting killed. Thats pretty maddening. They werent kidding when they mentioned her actions at some point would weigh on the world. She literally got 10k people harvested because she falsely accused her brother and tried to kill him, shattering his sanity. She played right into the ancient horror's
Scheme, way to go kid lol
May 10, 2019 10:05 AM

Sep 2012
mangalicker94 said:
ibraheem234 said:

But she knew the fate of horrors already. Once they have been taken over, they can't return. She thought the same about her brother. It's too bad they never tried to take off the ring. Maybe by doing so he could get rid of the ancient horror.

i agree she thought that Martin is already a horror due story of what says the rings owner will turn in to horror
Jul 13, 2019 9:00 AM

Jul 2015
Pretty sad for the brother, he only wanted to make a better place for his sister to live in. He was controlled by those Horros and at the end turned into one of them

More topics from this board

Poll: » Garo: Vanishing Line Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xeogran - Mar 23, 2018

55 by Hisoka2107 »»
Aug 16, 2023 2:11 PM

» Should i watch this or the 2014 series?

Kitsune_089 - Aug 7, 2021

4 by Max-OG »»
Jan 24, 2023 10:11 AM

Poll: » Garo: Vanishing Line Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2017

145 by Duck67 »»
Dec 1, 2022 5:01 AM

» Swords Armor

dragynfaerie - Jul 3, 2022

1 by Dd5 »»
Sep 3, 2022 1:05 PM

Poll: » Garo: Vanishing Line Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2018

90 by dragynfaerie »»
Jul 3, 2022 6:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.