Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 3, 2018 7:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, this episode had a more abstract-like style art especially with that forest and the dark fantasy feel.

Really cute to see Alice show herself this episode. Got a very Alice in the Wonderland feel from the episode as well. Not sure how I feel about Alice's voice. It sounded like exactly what I would expect for her character.

Mar 3, 2018 8:48 AM
Jan 2010
Shaft finally couldn't take it anymore and went full mdk mgc, the second thing they know how to do. Nothing still makes any sense and the story hasn't progressed anywhere even though we're halfway through. The new character's backstory is pretty much Jiren tier. Why does she exist again? Alice has some strange clown rape going on that has nothing to do with extra but I guess this isn't extra but last unko afterall.
rin and red bitch look like cheap prostitutes. well red actually is one so I guess I can't complain too much.
Mar 3, 2018 10:08 AM

Feb 2017
StardustReverie said:
Shaft finally couldn't take it anymore and went full mdk mgc, the second thing they know how to do. Nothing still makes any sense and the story hasn't progressed anywhere even though we're halfway through. The new character's backstory is pretty much Jiren tier. Why does she exist again? Alice has some strange clown rape going on that has nothing to do with extra but I guess this isn't extra but last unko afterall.
rin and red bitch look like cheap prostitutes. well red actually is one so I guess I can't complain too much.

While I really don't care about what you think of the episode as you are just spamming hate here and there in Last Encore's threads, let me just correct some stuff

The sequence with alice has EVERYTHING to do with extra... any extra player will recognize that.
Mar 3, 2018 11:51 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Alice in Wonderland?! Noooo, she can change according to the occasion!!! kekeke
Mar 3, 2018 11:57 AM

Feb 2018
Yup, this is getting better as it goes on. That makes sense, since they got some setting exposition out of the way, they're focusing more heavily on characters and story. They really made me warm up to Alice all over again. They even planted a little hope in me, that MAYBE she doesn't have to die.

The only less-than-interesting part was Amari. She didn't like her name and she's weak? What? And I'm supposed to sympathize with that? I have no idea where Nasu is going with her, but she's left a bad impression so far.
Mar 3, 2018 2:47 PM

Apr 2013
Making use of SHAFT's experience with making the witch worlds in Madoka has paid off in spades here with Alice's Wonderland, I'm digging the atmosphere this crazy world. Kind of wish we had more progress made but giving Alice some time and finally touching back on Amari was welcome, nice to have Rin along for the ride again whatever her motives really are
Mar 3, 2018 6:17 PM

Sep 2015
Good job Shaft i can't even understand anything anymore on this ep.

Amari want join this was because she hate her own name "Amari" are so easy to make pun of.

So in the past Hakuno promise he will back after win and on anime Hakuno don't fight with Alice.

Does Alice remember Hakuno?

And Alice's story was uh.... i don't remember it was "that" detail on the game.
Into the Internet!
Mar 4, 2018 4:56 AM

Feb 2015
Ok, this episode was kinda cool.
Mar 5, 2018 9:40 AM
Apr 2014
This is a servant literally made for Shaft, their Madoka style suits Alice and Nursery Rhyme very well.
StardustReverie said:
The new character's backstory is pretty much Jiren tier. Why does she exist again? Alice has some strange clown rape going on that has nothing to do with extra but I guess this isn't extra but last unko afterall.

Haha Jiren tier? Anyway it's pretty much the exact same as Alice's Extra backstory.
Mar 5, 2018 9:44 AM

Apr 2016
"Let's make garbage, motion comic-like back scenery, and call it art" - Shaft

Also

SwagernatorMar 5, 2018 9:47 AM
Mar 5, 2018 10:09 AM

Apr 2014
Never thought of seeing Nursery Rhyme here.
Mar 5, 2018 10:48 AM
Jul 2018
Nice episode today, just missed the Madoka Magica ending.
Mar 5, 2018 11:30 AM

Jun 2016
I'm not sure what's happening. SHAFT clearly wanted to show that they can still produce Madoka if they need too.

Alice is the servant, atleast that's what MAL's character list says.

I really like the ED for this series:)
agilityredfoxMar 5, 2018 11:41 AM

Mar 5, 2018 11:45 AM

Jun 2009
Wow, the design of Third Floor is amazing. You can feel the Madoka vibe.
Mar 5, 2018 11:55 AM
Aug 2007
Whoa. Just whoa.

Somebody wrote here that Shaft art style is the best match for extra and well here we go. The whole episode in madoka style which perfectly matches Alices' crazyness. The game couldn't do it but anime as a medium totally could. And it did.

I'm blown away. The show is still somewhat questionable and i still don't know if i like it but that episode was redeeming.
Mar 5, 2018 12:15 PM

Feb 2015
This episode was...interesting. Not a lot of action but the visuals definitely stood out and really gave the episode a madoka vibe, looking forward to learning more about Alice.
Mar 5, 2018 12:43 PM

Jun 2015
Oh so that's the new madoka sequel we waited for.
Mar 5, 2018 1:15 PM

Feb 2013
Alice is kawaii but that monster isn't.
Mar 5, 2018 1:20 PM

Apr 2010
Watched Fate/Extra but ended up with Madoka Magica
Mar 5, 2018 1:30 PM
Dec 2014
Had such a Madoka Magica vibe from this

Also, constant hallucinations while asways surrounded by shrooms? I see that symbolism...
TobimussMar 5, 2018 1:51 PM
“There are only three ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The second is as though everything is a miracle. The third is as though everything is a choice by Steins;Gate.”
Mar 5, 2018 1:31 PM

Sep 2016
Yeah, Nursery Rhyme is a great fit for the Madoka-ish Shaft style, but I also felt the show somewhat upped its game, narratively speaking, probably because the characters are finally realizing, at last, that there must be some time loop in effect.
Yet these hands will never hold anything.
Thus I pray, Unlimited Waifu Works!

Mar 5, 2018 3:36 PM
Jun 2017
nice episode for today... i love the ART (or the way it has drawn) in this nameless forest... and im so interested in how Alice will have her fight...

*i just hope the next episode will have more battle scenes since this episode has able to tell whats in this 3rd floor..
Mar 5, 2018 3:50 PM

May 2015
So much Madoka Magica vibe in this episode. Also, UMU.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 5, 2018 5:57 PM

Dec 2014
Nice episode,vsad backstory for Alice. :(

The imagery and backgrounds this episode were awesome. Shaft gave this third floor a really nice visual style and atmosphere.
Mar 5, 2018 6:46 PM

Mar 2013
Madoka feelings!!
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Mar 5, 2018 7:37 PM

Jul 2017
Hey, I'm just happy we got to see some more HakunoxNero action

Also, glad I'm not the only one who has no idea what in the world just happened in this episode.
Mar 5, 2018 9:34 PM
Jul 2018
Compared to the last few episodes, I actually like this one. I got a Madoka/Ib vibe from the scenery. Alice's backstory is pretty dark. I feel bad for her.

and I got more backstory and information about Amari. by time...
Mar 5, 2018 9:49 PM

Dec 2014
Very visually interesting episode.

Was it confusing? Yes. Did I like it? Yes.
I need sleep.
Mar 5, 2018 11:57 PM

Feb 2014
I thought for a second that I was watching Madoka Magica again, but I wasn't. This third floor's style of Alice In Wonderland suits Shaft to a T, and for that, I really liked this episode.

Still, I do wonder how they'll defeat the floor boss. Since Nero defeated the monster, her, Hakuno and Rin got transported back to the beginning again, a sign of an infinite loop.

The new art card added to the ED song shows two versions of Alice. One we already saw in this episode, but the other is wearing the same outfit, but in black. I wonder if that version of Alice will appear next time?
Mar 6, 2018 12:19 AM

Oct 2017
So Shaft got to work with Gekidan Inu Curry again? Sweet.

Good episode but just reminded me how much I need a Madoka Magica sequel.
Mar 6, 2018 2:51 AM

Jun 2013
lol whats with madoka magica stuff?

it doesnt have any of those here.

this ep is quite boring in a nutshell and bored me to death

Mar 6, 2018 5:52 AM

Jul 2014
So, to sum up, Shaft are just being flashy with visuals here and putting no effort into anything else? That's what I got from this episode, more or less: people complained about Sagrada Reset being monotone and emotionless last year, but this is much worse than that on that front.

Oh well, at least we know Shaft are ready to do more Madoka, when they inevitably get to it.
Mar 6, 2018 6:11 AM

Dec 2014
Anyone else noticed that in the scene between Rin & Amari. Some parts of Rin`s hair got pink for a second. Tamamo confirmed? Would be the 4th suggestion towards Tamamo we have so far.
Mar 6, 2018 7:46 AM
Jul 2016
Hakuno is suddenly missing a command spell for no reason. Did the timeline change again?

Also, looks like Amari is the daughter of a big family. Hmmm...

MonoReaper said:
Anyone else noticed that in the scene between Rin & Amari. Some parts of Rin's hair got pink for a second. Tamamo confirmed? Would be the 4th suggestion towards Tamamo we have so far.

It's not for a second, her hair has been like that ever since she first appeared. And it looks more white than pink to me.
Mar 6, 2018 9:21 AM

Dec 2014
@Mouloxas
Wow checked the past episodes she has pink coloured parts in her hair in all the episodes. Tho it is interesting that it chanages per scene and viewpoint when Rin is in a scene.
That is really interesting cause her original desing doesnt have that. Plus she also lied about not haveing a servant cause she still has one command spell left shown in this EP.
I am curious what amaris role is cause in the games she wasnt important.

Topic also i found this further proof that it loop for 999 years
Here is Hakuno with 2 different command spell symbols on his hand.
It really seems more and more Nasu lied about the fact that this show is newcomer friendly. As it is really more a new mystery on top of the original Extra timeline. And all the suggestions and hints so far imply that this is either a fallen timeline scenario where Hakuno lost and our glasses guy won thus the loops thus basiclly the events of Extra and CCC all happend and this is probably the last station for the Extra timeline/last entry to the story. Maybe it will somehow lead into Extella at the end to promote those games further. As the old Extra games arent really accesible nowdays cause the PsP is basiclly dead due Vita.
I also expect in the end some shenanigans with the Chrono-Lock.

Picture 1:

Picture 2:

MonoReaperMar 6, 2018 9:26 AM
Mar 6, 2018 10:07 AM
Jul 2016
MonoReaper said:
She also lied about not having a servant cause she still has one command spell left shown in this EP.

Actually, this has also been a thing ever since she first appeared.

I am curious what Amari's role is cause in the games she wasn't important.

Amari is an anime original character.
Mar 6, 2018 12:17 PM

Feb 2015
Didnt understand anything in this episode. People are impressed by arty visuals seem to be overlooking tge dogs dinner of a story.
Mar 6, 2018 12:59 PM

Sep 2015
Crashmatt said:
Didnt understand anything in this episode. People are impressed by arty visuals seem to be overlooking tge dogs dinner of a story.

Then you should pay more attention to what you are seeing
Mar 6, 2018 1:01 PM

Feb 2015
Nayout said:
Crashmatt said:

I do pay attention but very little made sense
Mar 6, 2018 1:15 PM

Sep 2016
Really mysterious, unique and interesting art style this episode. There were many hidden meanings here and there and it gave me a little bit of Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei vibes with the art. Nevertheless, it was quite strange to see Hakuno with emotions but in the end I really liked this episode. Good that it's gonna span 2 episodes or perhaps more. Meanwhile the ED continues to grow on me.
Mar 7, 2018 5:42 AM
May 2017
they wondered into a witch's labyrinth, now what servants would the Magical girls be:

Acher = Madoka

Saber = Sayaka

Lancer = Kyouko

Assasin = Homura

Rider = Mami, because of relationship with Charlotte

Caster = All

Bererker = all

Holy Grail = Kyuubey
Mar 7, 2018 7:58 AM

Aug 2014
the anime is so aesthetically pleasing <3 great ep
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Mar 7, 2018 8:00 AM

May 2015
Nayout said:
Crashmatt said:

Paying attention doesn't stop the story from being a confusing mess.

Mar 7, 2018 8:32 AM

Feb 2017
Kittens-kun said:
Nayout said:

The story is not for you then... but you still keep coming back to it... I wonder why?
Mar 7, 2018 9:09 AM

Feb 2018
Kittens-kun said:
Nayout said:

But it does? Everything you need to understand, they've explained, or in some cases, will explain. Either way, if you paid attention, you'd have no reason to be confused. You'd have your facts straight.
Mar 7, 2018 9:20 AM

May 2015
RedKaZero said:
Kittens-kun said:

The story is not for you then... but you still keep coming back to it... I wonder why?

I don't drop shows. Plus, I still like Saber.

@Hate_and_Rage I don't know what show you've been watching, because that is definitely not the case. It's complete nonsense as of now.

Mar 7, 2018 9:36 AM

Feb 2017
Kittens-kun said:
RedKaZero said:

@Hate_and_Rage I don't know what show you've been watching, because that is definitely not the case. It's complete nonsense as of now.
Kittens-kun said:
RedKaZero said:

Sure keep telling yourself that and blow the horn that this anime is "nonsense" without actually pointing out the "nonsense" things you have been seeing
Mar 7, 2018 9:48 AM

May 2015
RedKaZero said:
Kittens-kun said:

Kittens-kun said:

Sure keep telling yourself that and blow the horn that this anime is "nonsense" without actually pointing out the "nonsense" things you have been seeing

I don't really need to. If you can't handle the fact that I don't like the show, then that's your problem.

Mar 7, 2018 10:07 AM

Feb 2017
Kittens-kun said:
RedKaZero said:

I don't really need to. If you can't handle the fact that I don't like the show, then that's your problem.

I mean supporting your claim with proofs is a basic thing in an argument... but sure, it's my problem that I'm not seeing these imaginary "nonsense stuff"
Mar 7, 2018 11:28 AM

May 2015
RedKaZero said:
Kittens-kun said:

I mean supporting your claim with proofs is a basic thing in an argument... but sure, it's my problem that I'm not seeing these imaginary "nonsense stuff"

I'm not trying to have an argument though. I'm just stating my opinion, and you're getting mad that it doesn't align with yours.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2018

119 by bl3nk_anime »»
Apr 23, 12:55 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

210 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 14, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2018

221 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 14, 6:10 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2018

63 by SomeDudeOverHere »»
Apr 12, 10:40 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2018

72 by Selleri_UmU »»
Dec 30, 2023 6:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.