Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 3, 2018 7:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooh, the OP song for this show is quite catchy. Features a lot of Red Saber and a lot of fluid movements. That long hair style looks good on her.

I actually find the bath scene with the fan service to be funny with Red Saber. Her fascination with the outside world also seemed amusing. I think Shaft did a decent job at making their world look colorful.

Feels like this show is trying to get over Red Saber as a character and it's working. She has my attention. Nice to see Rider (Francis Drake) this episode. Really impressed by the music/OST of this anime.
Feb 3, 2018 7:35 AM

Aug 2009
I dont really like Ner-

>Long haired Nero in Opening

Fuck you Shaft.

Also it is weird how she is the only character in the OP, we dont even see Hakuno. Shaft only did that with Monogatari so i am guessing will we get one ore two more OPs. Even OG Saber the CASH COW of Type Moon didnt get that much focus.
Feb 3, 2018 7:42 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Nice OP, but not for throw fireworks!!!! Sorry, it´s just taste!!!

Well, a change, predictable after how ended the first episode...this was a surprise for him!!! kekeke
Feb 3, 2018 7:47 AM

Aug 2009
Watched the ED.

Are they trying to pull a Madoka on us?
Too much focus on Nero and NeroxHakuno. Shoudl I be worried for them or be happy that best girl may have a chance to appear?
Feb 3, 2018 8:05 AM
Sep 2016
ssjokg said:
Watched the ED.

Too much focus on Nero and NeroxHakuno. Shoudl I be worried for them or be happy that best girl may have a chance to appear?

How is there too much focus on the main characters of a..???.. never mind

They have to focus on Nero...she just appeared and you can't have a character on screen for 2 cores without letting the audience at least get a feel for who they are
(plus the series is called..Last encore...which is gonna hit home more with Nero's lore and stuff...so story wise it's a better idea to have umu fleshed out and stuff)

Ikr though... I'll lose it if Tamamo shows up...Nikon!
Oh I hope XD
1.1.Six
Feb 3, 2018 8:08 AM

Jul 2014
ssjokg said:
Watched the ED.

Fate Extra = UMU!

Without UMU Extra is nothing, no wonder they are focusing on her, here's some hope Hakuno get some development and start to feel like actual character

Feb 3, 2018 8:09 AM

Jun 2011
one 4 star vs three 3 star
Feb 3, 2018 8:21 AM

Aug 2009
JudoJD said:
ssjokg said:
Watched the ED.

They have to focus on Nero...she just appeared and you can't have a character on screen for 2 cores without letting the audience at least get a feel for who they are
(plus the series is called..Last encore...which is gonna hit home more with Nero's lore and stuff...so story wise it's a better idea to have umu fleshed out and stuff)

Oh I hope XD
Devil_Slayer said:
ssjokg said:
Watched the ED.

Fate Extra = UMU!

Without UMU Extra is nothing, no wonder they are focusing on her, here's some hope Hakuno get some development and start to feel like actual character

And FSN=Artoria and/or Shirou but they arent the only characters in OP and ED in any game or adaptation.

Also even FGO Nero was a 4* and Tamamo was a 5* till Bride was released so saying that Extra=UMU is inaccurate.
Feb 3, 2018 8:30 AM

Jul 2014
^I was just joking really didn't mean every other character is worthless, just that UMU overshine everyone else, SHAFT is known for those weird atmosphere and openings, maybe they will have another opening for the anime we don't know yet

Artoria is bait for nearly every Fate series now though lol
Feb 3, 2018 8:40 AM
Jan 2010
Last うんこre, fitting name indeed. They forgot to omit the extra though.
Fucking shitshow. Shaft is a one trick pony and the hack has lost all sight of what this series used to be before the grand diarrhea. You could just call this extella and it wouldn't make a difference.
Feb 3, 2018 8:44 AM

May 2013
umu, this episode is good.

nero = umu
hakuno = nikui
shinji = asshole, like always.
Feb 3, 2018 8:47 AM

Apr 2015
*watches the opening*

Oh well just showing Nero fight-- *long hair appears*

I'm sold.

Ending... Visuals are great but I really dislike that singer, her tone is so pitchy it hurts my ears, I already disliked her in the Erased ending. Not going to argue that the song goes nice with the ed but her voice just lower my enjoyment.
Feb 3, 2018 8:56 AM

Feb 2015
I don't like Nero much but she was cute in this episode, especially her childlike excitement over seeing the city.

Not a fan of OP visuals, but OP will probably change, seems like they don't want to spoil anything.
Feb 3, 2018 9:23 AM
Mar 2014
I know that the show is basically Nero but the fan service got stale fast since we will be seeing her in her bath later on. That aside, it was good to see Drake show up and on top of that, we get to see Big D himself (Darius the Third), as well as Leon and Fergus
Feb 3, 2018 9:30 AM

Jun 2013
Pretty good episode!
A lot of red saber this episode and I am starting to really like her. The opening features a lot of her as well, pretty shaft-like opening, I love it.
Beside a lot of boobs we get a really interesting ending scene there.
I love what they did with the ending and overall the animation is really suiting.
I think I am going to enjoy this.

Shinji - Fuck you/5
Red saber Boobs - UMU/5
Episode - 4/5
Looking forward to next week!
MrMushinFeb 3, 2018 12:30 PM
Feb 3, 2018 9:33 AM

Apr 2010
I need the full ED like yesterday.
Feb 3, 2018 9:53 AM

Feb 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO_Km6rGz1Q
I have done a UmuCompilation

4 Umu !
Feb 3, 2018 10:58 AM

Apr 2016
Just how many times is Hakuno going to get stabbed again?
Nero is so cute especially the scene in the city
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 2018 11:36 AM

Jul 2014
Oh this was much better than the first episode, the fanservice scene was meh though I wish they will cut us the troubles

Hype for next episode
Feb 3, 2018 12:57 PM
Sep 2016
ssjokg said:
JudoJD said:

Oh I hope XD
Devil_Slayer said:

Fate Extra = UMU!

And FSN=Artoria and/or Shirou but they arent the only characters in OP and ED in any game or adaptation.

Also even FGO Nero was a 4* and Tamamo was a 5* till Bride was released so saying that Extra=UMU is inaccurate.

What does what you said and what I said have to do with each other though?
Was I saying other characters aren't important or something or..?
(Last Encore = umu...cause..lore spoilers for people who don't know that stuff)

Wait....wait....did you just use the stars to try making a point on the level of importance of a character??? XD XD
You think that's how this works? lol
That's rich XD
I think you may be having a little misconception on the rarity rating of servants but.. OK...don't think that's a topic of discussion here
JudoJDFeb 3, 2018 1:12 PM
1.1.Six
Feb 3, 2018 1:29 PM

Apr 2012
Much, much better than the last episode, especially because of the greater amount of ham and fanservice from Nero's side. And this coming out ... Lol. She is absolutely funny and gorgeous, even reminded by Zero Two from the neighboring Darling. The only thing that starts to worry me is the amount of MC's bumps. Script writer have a fetish for stabbing?

Feb 3, 2018 1:58 PM

Jun 2015
Pink haired woman having a ponytail is good civilization.

The OP seems really lame, but the ED is really pretty looking.

The Saber fanservice scene seemed really unneccesary, but considering its Nero, it's at least in-character.

I normally really hate Extra Saber, but even I will admit the animators made her look really cute when she was fawning over the city.

Hakuno still seems like a passive character, but that last scene is hinting at some depths. The "hate" within him seems to actually be more than just an emotion, it would seem.

Shinji is going to break his neck with all that headtilting. Vintage Shaft.

Feb 3, 2018 2:12 PM

Aug 2009
JudoJD said:
ssjokg said:

Wait....wait....did you just use the stars to try making a point on the level of importance of a character??? XD XD
That's rich XD
I think you may be having a little misconception on the rarity rating of servants but.. OK...don't think that's a topic of discussion here
Last Encore may very well mean that ,since there are many implications that we are dealing with time loops, that this is the last one.It may have nothing to do with Umu's lore.

And the starts do mean something.It means that DW decided that people would try harder(aka spend more) for Tamamo who is a 5*. DW doesnt give a shit about lore and powerlevels but they do look at popularity.
Feb 3, 2018 3:28 PM

Feb 2016
Ah, never thought I would see Drake that soon, nice outfit, according to a friend it comes from Extella (The outfit)

Umu! Intensifies
Head Tilt Intensifies
Shinji being an ass Intensifies

That Nero opening tho, Umu/10

Darius, Leonidas and Fergus vs Nero, hehe this is interesting

Welp, that was such a cliffhanger!
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Feb 3, 2018 3:41 PM

Jul 2013
The opening song is great, but I have mixed feelings about the visuals. In one hand, the fight scenes and Saber looks stunning (especially Saber with her hair untied), but, on the other hand, I would had liked to have more characters in it. The ED had a very cool song.

With limited knowledge of the Extra game, I already like this Saber more than Stay Night/Zero Seibah, mostly for her bombastic personality and his dynamic with Hakuno (emotionless boy paired with genki girl). About Hakuno, he reminded me at first of someone, then I realized his personality reminds me of the main character from Zaregoto (with a more "angry" personality, if the ending is indicative of anything).

Nice to see that pink haired "Master", she looked beautiful. Rin is also in that first level, but I wonder what her role here is going to be, considering this is a new route.

I cannot believe I have seeing Shinji doing the fucking Shaft headtilt (it doesn't helps he is voiced by Kamiya, who, well, we all known what character from one of Shaft's most famous series he voices). Based Shaft is a bless to all of us.

Also, Shinji created a police army made of cute girls, uhh? Classical Shinji.

Nice cameos, btw, didn't expect that.

Really excited for next episode and the battle against Shinji.
Feb 3, 2018 4:46 PM

Mar 2017
Wow, I'm really surprised (in a good way) that Leonidas, Fergus and Darius III showed up here.
Feb 3, 2018 5:38 PM
Jun 2014
Nero a waifu confirmed. At first glance I thought she was just a Arturia 2.0 (cause design) but their personalities are completely oposites. By the way, she bi or what? (Since her reaction with the girls and cause real Nero's sex drive was fucking crazy... sounds legit)
Feb 3, 2018 5:42 PM

May 2017
This episode was really interesting. A week of wait is just too much though.

Hmm, I guess I'll use that time to finish Apocrypha.
Feb 3, 2018 7:28 PM

Feb 2015
I don't know where this is going.

I'm not a fan of the opening :/
Feb 3, 2018 8:23 PM
Jan 2018
First i want to congratulate SHAFT to Nero design. Yes she has saber face, but look at the opening, when her long hair appeared, saber face was well, instantly gone. It's nero's real and true face. Oh and by the way, SHAFT can simultaneously made nero looks cute and badass. Thats great. SHAFT just told us that she is Nero, not that blue Excalibaaa shouter.

This EP 2 confirmed that Hakuno has somekind of power we never know from the game. Just look at the end of the episode. Even Rin surprised by that. Maybe hakuno's power so intense even vegeta said the power is over 9000 of ki. At least, he is somewhat who 'can fight master' like shirou i hope.

The fan service is meh.. and the ending? Whos the singer? Nero's voice actress? Overall score still the same. 4 out of 5. Show me what you can do for story wise - Nasu. I expecting much from this ride.
Feb 3, 2018 9:17 PM

Sep 2015
Okay I think i watch the wrong show now....

Why this remind me of Kizumonogatari?

So Rin react to Touma.. i meaniHakuino's ???% Mob emotion ops i mean "Red Face"?

So right after ep 1 they sent to their safe room? and right after that THIS!?

After they reach to "first stage" the UMU START!

And wtf happen to everything? are they somehow travel to the future? why Shinji look so tall and don't surprise by Hakuno?

Are those girl are NPC? if they are man Shinji you got some harem there and other Master too who already sell their Servant.

And Hakuno stop become more and more like Touma each episode.

Umu count : 2 or maybe 3 this episode.
Into the Internet!
Feb 4, 2018 1:11 AM
May 2017
ssjokg said:
JudoJD said:

That's rich XD
Last Encore may very well mean that ,since there are many implications that we are dealing with time loops, that this is the last one.It may have nothing to do with Umu's lore.

And the starts do mean something.It means that DW decided that people would try harder(aka spend more) for Tamamo who is a 5*. DW doesnt give a shit about lore and powerlevels but they do look at popularity.
The popularity of a servant in FGO is in the long run determined on class, skills and their noble phantasms and Tamamo's just a good support servant. Like not many people want or give a damn about 5 stars like Saber Artoria cause they're just so meh
If we're talking about DW focusing more on a servant, it's not like nero has 3 forms or anything.
Popularity or which servant more people like/the money maker : Nero's the obvious winner. A small look at ads, merchandise, games like extella, the freaking anime itself makes that painfully obvious

Since you brought up fate/grand order, guess who has 2 LIMITED 5 star variants on top of getting multiple rate ups and events which have themes centered around them cause "money money money..MONEY"

Emiya is also a 4 star. Kiritsugu and Irisviel as well
other staple servants like those from Fate stay night even being as low as 1 star
Nasu's favourite servant who is so many people's fap material is a straight 3 star
Using stars to make a point like what you were implying just falls flat in so many regards

Last encore is obviously Nero. Anyone can see that
AnnaHomuraFeb 4, 2018 1:20 AM
Feb 4, 2018 1:28 AM

Aug 2009
AnnaHomura said:
ssjokg said:

The popularity of a servant in FGO is in the long run determined on class, skills and their noble phantasms and Tamamo's just a good support servant. Like not many people want or give a damn about 5 stars like Saber Artoria cause they're just so meh
If we're talking about DW focusing more on a servant, it's not like nero has 3 forms or anything.
Popularity or which servant more people like/the money maker : Nero's the obvious winner. A small look at ads, merchandise, games like extella, the freaking anime itself makes that painfully obvious

Since you brought up fate/grand order, guess who has 2 LIMITED 5 star variants on top of getting multiple rate ups and events which have themes centered around them cause "money money money..MONEY"

Leonidas and Asterios could easily be 5* but they arent. OG Saber isnt worthy of 5* but still is 5* because she is popular.

Ad and merchandise are about the same while in Extella, Tamamo got better charactirization while Nero got power ups so...
Tamamo has 3 forms(2 5* 1 4 star) as well and Limited means nothing since nobody is doing the Story Gacha.

Feb 4, 2018 1:40 AM
Sep 2016
ssjokg said:
AnnaHomura said:

Leonidas and Asterios could easily be 5* but they arent. OG Saber isnt worthy of 5* but still is 5* because she is popular.

Ad and merchandise are about the same while in Extella, Tamamo got better charactirization while Nero got power ups so...
Tamamo has 3 forms(2 5* 1 4 star) as well and Limited means nothing since nobody is doing the Story Gacha.

"Limited means nothing "
You know how people get story Gacha servants right?
Lol.. It's not

And Tamamo cat... And merchandise is the same?? XD

Lemme just leave you alone... You're on your own level XD
Truth hurts I know but still

OK back to important stuff.. The anime
We can triggered tamamo fangirl anywhere else
1.1.Six
Feb 4, 2018 1:41 AM
Sep 2016
ssjokg said:
AnnaHomura said:

OK OK OK let's just let it die there. This is pointless. The numbers speak for themselves

The anime guys...the anime
1.1.Six
Feb 4, 2018 1:54 AM

Nov 2014
Waiting for the english sub is torture. T_T
Feb 4, 2018 2:23 AM

Aug 2009
Numbers:The same
Roles in stories:The same.

"hahahahaha lol you fanboy"

I see that retardation will never cease in Fate threads.
Feb 4, 2018 6:36 AM

Apr 2015
Man what the fuck is going oooooonn

you certainly don't seem like the Hakuno(n) I know, haha. Jesus that face. It feels like he literally hears the people who have died in the grail wars in his head?

Its definitely kept my interest at least, and Nero is cute as hell. Not sure if I am going to love it as much as regular extra but I don't think at this point it ever intended to be that, which is fine, long as it stays good.

I need subs now rip :<
Feb 4, 2018 6:58 AM

Aug 2012
Loving it. But wondering when subs are gonna come out. Anyone know?
Feb 4, 2018 7:57 AM

Mar 2016
This episode was really good. I didn't expect to see Drake, Leonidas, Fergus and Darius so early .
>UMU Scenes ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
>Shinji Headtilt
Hope the next episode will be that good
Feb 4, 2018 8:29 AM
Aug 2014
So any news on what the special broadcast is? They say here (http://www.iqiyi.com/lib/m_215662814.html?src=search) that there is 14 episodes for this cour but with that special broadcast to be announced, I was wondering if it is indeed a 2nd cour or something else? Does someone know? 14 episodes seems too short for me to go through 7 opponents and Saver...
Feb 4, 2018 10:33 AM

Mar 2016
I'm still trying to find the subbed version
Feb 4, 2018 10:50 AM

Apr 2015
Why are people talking about Star rarity in Extra?

Pretty sure is not even relevant..
Feb 4, 2018 11:31 AM

Mar 2013
Why is translation delayed ?
Feb 4, 2018 11:43 AM

Apr 2010
Veromaye said:
Why are people talking about Star rarity in Extra?

Pretty sure is not even relevant..

Because F/GO waifu wars are universal.

Ryuseishun said:
I'm still trying to find the subbed version

There isn't one, yet.
Feb 4, 2018 11:51 AM
May 2015
See some people comparing to Touma and Mob Psycho......wtf is Touma? (didn't watch Mob Psycho)
Feb 4, 2018 12:00 PM

Aug 2009
SovereignSky said:
See some people comparing to Touma and Mob Psycho......wtf is Touma? (didn't watch Mob Psycho)
Touma is the MC of Toaru Majutsu no Index and has the same VA Hakuno does.
Feb 4, 2018 12:04 PM
May 2015
ssjokg said:
SovereignSky said:

Thx, never finished watching that so....
Feb 4, 2018 1:09 PM

Sep 2015
SovereignSky said:
ssjokg said:

Thx, never finished watching that so....

Its called Seiyuu joke Because Hakuno on this anime so far also doing thing Touma do like.

- badly injured every single time
- Irregular on magic world.
- Bad Luck.

And the long wait for s3 fianally over so its kinda hype for s3 aswell.

About Mob you will understand if you watch it.

Into the Internet!
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2018

119 by bl3nk_anime »»
Apr 23, 12:55 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

210 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 14, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2018

63 by SomeDudeOverHere »»
Apr 12, 10:40 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2018

72 by Selleri_UmU »»
Dec 30, 2023 6:40 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2018

60 by Apreggi »»
Dec 12, 2023 8:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.