Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 31, 2018 8:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, the TV finale still had its usual moments between Nero and Hakuno. Didn't feel like their relationship changed or developed at all...

It's a shame really. I thought they could of developed the story better but in this episode, nothing feels different besides the usual atmosphere. Rin's also back but she doesn't look like her usual self. One thing I will say that is that I do actually enjoy the action in this show. It doesn't waste much time getting right into it and has some unique feel to it.

Otherwise, I felt this anime was rather underwhelming.

Mar 31, 2018 8:30 AM

Apr 2015
That was a weird episode, it seemed nice I guess

That was uh

Well we've still got 3 remaining episodes but it looks to be...a long wait. Holy crap.

Maybe not simulcasting it wasn't the worst thing afterall...
Mar 31, 2018 8:38 AM
May 2017
So can we get our stories straight? Does this anime exist or not?
Not for me
Mar 31, 2018 9:15 AM
Jan 2010
This is not only the worst fate anime (which is already saying a lot) but also the worst anime I've ever had the displeasure of seeing. This is tsukihime anime tiers of nonexistence right here.
Eggplant man already proved with extella and that mobage turd that he's lost whatever touch he used to have and this just cements it. He's lost it to the point where I'd take Higashide and co anytime considering at least they don't anally rape their previous settings just for the fun of it. Shaft does suck balls, but it was the eggplant that choice them and the eggplant that didn't feel the need to have any quality control on this piece of shit. Hence Shaft is completely guilt-free in my eyes.
Mar 31, 2018 9:19 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
EmphaticPikachu said:
Well we've still got 3 remaining episodes but it looks to be...a long wait. Holy crap.

I thought it was the last, but after I read your post i understand better this episode because i cannot believe that it was the last!!!
Another disappointed episode!!!
Rin appears and disappears, seems a ghost or a neuron about to go out!!! kekeke
Mar 31, 2018 9:41 AM
May 2016
AnnaHomura said:
Not for me

Exist since Nasu write the script for this anime xD
Mar 31, 2018 11:31 AM
Jan 2014
story is not even done. We haven't even seen Gawain. also it list ep 11-13 on twitter
https://twitter.com/FateEXTRA_LE/status/980105002407481345

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cE5Q7HO9XfM

last 3 for extra before the final battle seen in ep 1

Hope CCC gets a good adaptation.
redstormerMar 31, 2018 11:37 AM
Mar 31, 2018 1:50 PM

Jun 2016
The only good thing about this series is Hakunon and Nero. When Hakunon left the series is gonna get down.
Mar 31, 2018 1:59 PM
Jan 2018
This was a really bad episode, nothing happen in 24 minutes.
Mar 31, 2018 6:21 PM

Sep 2015
Thats sure is emty just full on copy Rin & Rani who fight forever.

Surprise! i don't feel anything when Rani failed to get saved.

Well Rin route still more popular.

Next Fate/Extra Last Encore Unlimited Code Cast Works.
Into the Internet!
Mar 31, 2018 7:21 PM

Aug 2012
redstormer said:
story is not even done. We haven't even seen Gawain. also it list ep 11-13 on twitter
https://twitter.com/FateEXTRA_LE/status/980105002407481345

last 3 for extra before the final battle seen in ep 1

Hope CCC gets a good adaptation.

So it's 13 episodes not 10 and still no Gawain. Looks like I'm back to putting this anime on hold.

NecromiaMar 31, 2018 9:57 PM
Apr 1, 2018 2:04 AM
Sep 2016
StardustReverie said:
This is not only the worst fate anime (which is already saying a lot) but also the worst anime I've ever had the displeasure of seeing. This is tsukihime anime tiers of nonexistence right here.
Eggplant man already proved with extella and that mobage turd that he's lost whatever touch he used to have and this just cements it. He's lost it to the point where I'd take Higashide and co anytime considering at least they don't anally rape their previous settings just for the fun of it. Shaft does suck balls, but it was the eggplant that choice them and the eggplant that didn't feel the need to have any quality control on this piece of shit. Hence Shaft is completely guilt-free in my eyes.

Shaft and the director were trash on this also. No excusing them
1.1.Six
Apr 1, 2018 2:07 AM
Sep 2016
AnnaHomura said:
Not for me

What anime are you talking about?
1.1.Six
Apr 1, 2018 5:53 AM

Dec 2015
where did you guys watch this episode?
Apr 1, 2018 8:03 AM

Jul 2013
StardustReverie said:

LOL I agree that eggplant has lost his touch in some of his recent works, but saying FGO has a shitty story without reading its Camelot & Babylon story (which was written by nasu) shows how little you know of his recent works

While I still agree that LE is still shit.
Its just nasu's works are hit and miss recently
Apr 1, 2018 10:06 AM
Sep 2012
Code_Lies said:
StardustReverie said:

LOL I agree that eggplant has lost his touch in some of his recent works, but saying FGO has a shitty story without reading its Camelot & Babylon story (which was written by nasu) shows how little you know of his recent works

While I still agree that LE is still shit.
Its just nasu's works are hit and miss recently

Well, considering that in a recent Nasu blog from when Last Encore first aired, he had created a draft of Last Encore, but had to heavily modify it with someone from Shaft to fit the story in an "anime format". It probably wasn't an easy process to do and they probably didn't have enough time and/or budget to make the show longer to fit in all the stuff Nasu thought of.
Apr 1, 2018 10:34 AM

Aug 2017
Another amazing episode. We know more about Rin and Rani. Rani dies :(. The writing improved so much after the third episode. 4/5 for the episode. Underrated Fate. 7/10 for the anime
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 1, 2018 1:00 PM

Feb 2018
Linkmstr said:
Well, considering that in a recent Nasu blog from when Last Encore first aired, he had created a draft of Last Encore, but had to heavily modify it with someone from Shaft to fit the story in an "anime format". It probably wasn't an easy process to do and they probably didn't have enough time and/or budget to make the show longer to fit in all the stuff Nasu thought of.

No, that's not what he said. He didn't just create a "draft", he wrote all of Last Encore. There was no one else but him involved in the actual writing. No one changed anything from it. It's just that since he wrote the story in a book/LN format, and since he doesn't know how to change that into a script for an anime, he asked Sakurai's help with formatting.

If you don't like LE's story, only Nasu is to blame here. If you think the story has potentially but feels badly executed, SHAFT can take the blame too.
Apr 1, 2018 1:30 PM

Apr 2013
It's following partially Fate Extra game story. In game we have to choice between Rani or Rin, the one you choose will be your support, the other will become the 6th floor boss.

Exeterna said:
where did you guys watch this episode?

I just googled "Fate Extra Last Encore 10" and watched the first subbed on spanish or english I see. I don't know what site is.
Apr 1, 2018 2:42 PM

Feb 2016
This anime makes Apocrypha looks like a masterpiece. (There I said it)

While it had some potential, I feel like Shaft just throw it off the toilet.

5/10
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Apr 2, 2018 9:48 AM

Oct 2016
HereticHunter said:

5/10

I like it way better than Apo and the show is not even finished yet, its not a bad show for sure.
Apr 2, 2018 11:26 AM

Feb 2016
Maitoz said:
HereticHunter said:

5/10

I like it way better than Apo and the show is not even finished yet, its not a bad show for sure.

I know is not finished yet, the 3 final eps will air later.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Apr 2, 2018 12:20 PM

Apr 2016
Maitoz said:
HereticHunter said:

5/10

I agree. If nothing else, the characters here actually made some sense and had strong personalities and motivations and whatnot (as well as strong presentation of their bsckstories and whatnot). Apocrypha's characters did not have any of that, sans maybe Mordred and her master, Jack, and Sieg. Additionally, the visuals here were a massive step-up from artstyle to fight choreography to visual presentation as a whole. The story here may be convoluted and some events only make sense later down the line, but it's better than Apocrypha, which rarely ever makes sense, explanations or no.
Apr 2, 2018 12:44 PM

May 2015
Umu counter: 6 UMU's in this episode.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 2, 2018 12:56 PM

Apr 2016
This is how you make a show better, by multiplying its strong points ...

Literally.

Let's see what the sequel has to offer.
Apr 2, 2018 1:02 PM

Nov 2016
Easily the most boring Fate I've seen.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 2, 2018 2:02 PM

Feb 2013
Cruel, too cruel, Rin and Rani had to fight too much for nothing.
Apr 2, 2018 2:05 PM
Jul 2016
If i knew i'd have to wait until the summer for 3 more episodes, i would have binge watched this...
Apr 2, 2018 2:37 PM

Dec 2015
still prefer Extra over Apocrypha anyday 8/10 but not as good as Zero & UBW
Apr 2, 2018 2:51 PM

Jul 2017
The ending was underwhelming. I’d say Fate extra was better than Apocrypha, but not as good as Fate Zero or UBW. 7.5/10 so far
Apr 2, 2018 3:00 PM

Dec 2013
Underwhelming. They were able to make one of the best floors... Underwhelming.

Wow.

I don't think I really need to say why this anime was so bad, right?

... right?

I just hope that LE shows Nasu that Extraverse should just stop. If he wants, he can continue his alien bullshit in the AU that is Extella, but please... STOP trying to make something new in Extraverse. Extraverse DOESN'T NEED ANYTHING MORE. CCC and OG!Extra is everything we need in this universe.

I really wished that the anime was as great as the NR arc, but oh well.

Now to wait for July to see my beloved king.

2/5.
Apr 2, 2018 3:11 PM

Nov 2013
This was the worst Fate adaptation ever, in my opinion.
Li Shuwen was my favorite servant in the game. I was expecting him to at least speak in the anime, but they ruined completely his character and he didn't even speak at all.
And Vlad III, who was my second favorite didn't appear.
It felt like they just picked the worst aspects of the game's story and expanded them making all the episodes extremely boring.
It's not like I dislike Nero, but I already had enough of her with the three games.
The only really good part was the last minute in the first episode.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Apr 2, 2018 3:25 PM
Jan 2016
Sorreh said:
guys saying that apo is better rofl

Sure prroves how bad taste is king in MAL, doesn't it?
Apr 2, 2018 3:39 PM

Jun 2014
Probably my least favorite Fate anime. It didn't really capture my interest or hold onto it, and as someone who doesn't have knowledge of the game, there were things that didn't make sense. When making adaptations like these, the writers should really try to find a way to make it so that even non-game players can understand it well. Time to wait for the next part.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 2, 2018 3:55 PM

Nov 2013
thebrentinator24 said:
Probably my least favorite Fate anime. It didn't really capture my interest or hold onto it, and as someone who doesn't have knowledge of the game, there were things that didn't make sense. When making adaptations like these, the writers should really try to find a way to make it so that even non-game players can understand it well. Time to wait for the next part.

Don't worry, as someone who played the whole game three times, I can assure you that even if you had played it many of the things in the anime wouldn't make sense anyways. ^^"
This doesn't even deserve to be considered as an extra complement to the game. The anime basically destroyed and threw in the trash all the character developments that the characters had in the original. Except for Saber, and this was a bad point in its own way, since her excessive number of appearances in the anime just made her annoying, which she wasn't in the game.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Apr 2, 2018 4:06 PM

May 2016
Sooo, my favourite studio finally does a Fate related thing, and it is somehow worse than Apocrypha.

How does that even happen?

2/10

edit: Holy shit, Miyamoto directed this!? Is he depressed now? An alcoholic? Suffering from meth withdrawal?
Something has to be wrong.
Specimen021Apr 2, 2018 4:13 PM
Apr 2, 2018 4:20 PM

Nov 2014
Specimen021 said:
Sooo, my favourite studio finally does a Fate related thing, and it is somehow worse than Apocrypha.

2/10

I think that Nasu wanted a (prestige) Shaft series and Shaft wanted a lot of money and they came to an arrangement but there really wasn't much Shaft could do with this garbage script. Apocrypha may have been dumb but it was also fun, Last Encore tries to be high brow and ends up being neither fun, interesting or comprehensible.
Forum Signature
Apr 2, 2018 4:39 PM

May 2015
Undoubtedly the worst anime series of the Fate franchise (I've seen so far). This was just plain awful. I won't bother if the sequel's going to be another full cour.

4/10.

Apr 2, 2018 4:44 PM

May 2015
Sorreh said:
gonna be long to wait for the end

guys saying that apo is better rofl

IMO, Apocrypha is miles better than LE. Both of them have messy stories, but at least Apocrypha isn't completely incoherent. The characters were also better. In LE, the only interesting or developed character is Saber. Which is why it's no surprise that some people were watching the show just for her, myself included. She's really the only good thing the show has to offer.

OT: I was thinking about whether or not I was even going to watch the rest of the show. I originally thought "if it's more than 10 episodes, it's going to be my first dropped show", but now I'm not so sure. Knowing that the last few episodes are actually a separate entry, and seeing that this episode didn't really have much of a conclusion, I might have to continue. I don't like the show, yes, but after making it this far, I want some kind of resolution so I don't feel like I wasted my time. Idk, I think I'll just wait for the reception the sequel gets. If people say that it's just as bad as these first 10 episodes, then I don't think I'm going to bother.
TsukuyomiREKTApr 2, 2018 9:23 PM

Apr 2, 2018 5:26 PM

Apr 2015
I'm honestly surprised at the overwhelming negative reception this series has gotten. I certainly did not expect it to be the most popular iteration of the franchise, but some of the comments here and the MAL score sadden me.

For me it has been way more enjoyable then extella and I consider that to be a big plus for me, given I love the extra "brand". I won't say much more then that- I want the completion to truly judge its worth for me so I can compare character arcs fully.

Do admit I would have preferred a straight adaption tho.
EmphaticPikachuApr 2, 2018 6:23 PM
Apr 2, 2018 5:48 PM
Apr 2014
Worst Fate anime ever created, this makes Fate Grand Order and Apocrypha's stories look good by comparison. Doesn't work for new viewers of Extra or even as a sequel for people who played Extra, it's just bad, Big Order levels of bad, they should've just done a 1:1 adaptation of the game instead of this mess.
This show makes me remember Fate/Zero and F/SN very fondly.
0/10, never give Shaft Fate anymore pls.
Apr 2, 2018 6:04 PM

Mar 2012
I'm not sure what I just watched. It was umu-tastic but what was mangled piece of thing they call story?
Apr 2, 2018 6:12 PM
Mar 2013
Still unsure why it's listed 10 episodes in MAL, anyone knows when the rest(if there is) of the episodes will air?.

Other than that, this was easily one of the weakest in all fate animes out there.

Hakuno just makes Sieg look like a magnum opus.

If it weren't for Nero and Rin, this show would be straight out trash
Apr 2, 2018 7:38 PM

Apr 2014
Easily the worst Fate show in the franchise. I sometimes question what goes in people's mind when they say this garbage is better than Apocrypha. Apo was consistently entertaining and had plenty of higher points like episode 22.

Anywho, I'm glad this show exists so Apocrypha is no longer considered the worst Fate show anymore.
Apr 2, 2018 8:30 PM

Dec 2014
Definitely the weakest Fate anime till date. I think the problem kinda lies in the fact that the show relies on you having some knowledge of the game in order to actually understand what it's trying to tell. As someone who hasn't played the game that's my opinion. I wish they had adapted the actual game instead but I can't really guess what Nasu was trying to do but alright.
I can't really comment on the story or anything cause even now I don't completely understand it.

Shaft had some really nice visuals at points and the show wasn't really heavy on action as well. I'm gonna agree with a bunch of people that Apocrypha was better, even if it had weak writing, at the very least it was consistently entertaining in comparison to /Extra:Last Encore

I give points for Nero, Fan service, visuals and of course Umu!
5/10, even Nero couldn't carry this. :(
Apr 2, 2018 9:13 PM

Dec 2014
Probably one of the stronger works of Nasu.
Man that EP10 did hit the feels really hard. I already suspected due all the hints that Rin & Rani are some form os cyperghost and split their resources to create those clones and manipulate the data to gain a Demi-Servant form.
Can`t wait for the last final episode. (Still a little bit upset that they lost their airtime due baseball)

LastEncore so far did a great job to lay out all those puzzle pieces and details in each episode so that the viewer can figure it out.
I really enjoy all the details & the new take on this Hakuno. Heck all the build ups and character developments from the masters & even Pierceman was cool to watch. Even tho in Pierceman`s case it was obvious what the conclusion wil be but he had to learn it the hard way.

LastEncore so far did a amazing job to create new development due different circumstances in the Extra cast. (Tho i would still love to see a Tamamo apperence Q_Q heck we got Nameless why not Tamamo >_<)

The show is really enjoyable and all the theorys & speculaiton you could make prior each new episode is also a +point.
Welp can`t wait to see the last final episode and the grand conclusion. Maybe the ending could result in a 10/10. But there has to be some kind of big plottwist suprise from Nasu for this.

Either way EP11 cant air soon enough!

LG MonoReaper ♨ε=ε=ε=ε=ε=ε=┌༼•̃͡ ɷ•̃͡༽┘
Apr 2, 2018 9:17 PM
Sep 2017
7/10 enough said.

Apr 2, 2018 9:20 PM

Apr 2017
At least it looks good and more Rin is never a bad thing.
cunnysseur
Apr 2, 2018 9:57 PM

Dec 2014
Really like this show and can't wait until July for more. Gonna dock some points for the first few eps as they felt more like a "monster-of-the-week" type thing which got stale and Hakuno was a bit too bland. Starting at around the midway point, things got really interesting as it became more of a mystery trying to figure out what the hell is going on. Based Nero is best Saber, hands down.

7/10 for this part.
I need sleep.
Apr 2, 2018 10:09 PM

Oct 2016
Specimen021 said:

2/10

edit: Holy shit, Miyamoto directed this!? Is he depressed now? An alcoholic? Suffering from meth withdrawal?
Something has to be wrong.

worst than apo? I can agree if this was the lastest episode, but I wish to know why you think this is worse than apo
MaitozApr 2, 2018 10:12 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

210 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 14, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2018

221 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 14, 6:10 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2018

63 by SomeDudeOverHere »»
Apr 12, 10:40 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2018

72 by Selleri_UmU »»
Dec 30, 2023 6:40 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2018

60 by Apreggi »»
Dec 12, 2023 8:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.