Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 23, 2018 1:53 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Giants are awesome in this show.
Nice to see more of them in action besides Diane.

Pacing slowed down a bit but hey, I like Diane so her getting some spotligh is refreshing. Plus, the friends she has are valuable. I'm also glad to see that they adapted Matrona well for her personaltiy.
Feb 23, 2018 3:07 PM

Nov 2007
Titan girl's memory is only at the point where FukuJun's character is old man only and she called KajiKaji's character in his name, not -sama. Before the group is formed?

Going through her past. There is a member who leads them to kill the humans. Among the one of the two, she doesn't want to kill the humans. The chubby girl (turns out pregnant) is timid to run away.

She ran away and met KajiKaji's character. She wanted to get that chubby girl, but got killed from the mission. She is confusing on what FukuJun's character said try to believe that it's KajiKaji's character who said.

The strict titan girl got killed by the saint knight's poison arrow protecting her.

Titan girl got caught and was going to get killed from the wronged crime, like what they would do with KajiKaji's character's group later, but KajiKaji's character saved her and recruit her into the new group.

Another battle against one of the enemies this season next.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 24, 2018 12:12 AM

Dec 2014
about time they look for the final member… nice set up and all... and why does diane memory lost all of a sudden... I was like nooooo
Feb 24, 2018 12:49 AM
Oct 2015
We learnt more about Diana and her rather tragic past, I believe she's the third member of the seven deadly sins that have their backstory revealed to us so far.
Heckle was here...
Feb 24, 2018 1:48 AM

Jul 2013
They adapted nicely Diane's past in one episode. Even though, if my memory serves right, that chapter was published way after those chapters where
this was the best moment to adapt it, really.
Loved Rina Sato's role as Matrona too.

Gowther is also a troll. He definetely had that punch of King deserved.
IllyricusFeb 24, 2018 3:27 AM
Feb 24, 2018 4:34 AM

Oct 2017
Great episode! They adapted Diane’s backstory perfectly! I loved seeing king give Gowther that punch!
Feb 24, 2018 6:33 AM

Dec 2013
RIP Matrona and her abs.

The backstory in this episode was still fairly forgettable overall.

That punch was well deserved.
Feb 24, 2018 6:36 AM

Dec 2013
Illyricus said:
They adapted nicely Diane's past in one episode. Even though, if my memory serves right, that chapter was published way after those chapters

The flashback took place at the same point in the manga.
Feb 24, 2018 7:12 AM

Feb 2016
Seriously, Fuck Gowther, he deserve more than that punch from King.

Poor Diane, her past was kinda tragic. Go on King! recover your beloved Giant!
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Feb 24, 2018 7:43 AM

Dec 2014
So it was Gowther who was responsible for Diane's memory loss. Why Gowther? Why do you this? :(
I understand his curiosity in these things but he definitely deserved that punch from King.

Diane's backstory and how she became a member of the Nanatsu no Taizai was sad. :(
Felt bad for Dolores as well even though she was killed off screen, I guess some people are just too nice for the world. :(

Sucks that the Lioness knights betrayed Matrona and the giant clan, what was their motive for it? Just glory? Seems like a very poor reason for trying to kill their strongest combat force. It sucks even more that they tried to blame the whole incident on Diane.

I'm glad Meliodas was able to prevent Diane's beheading and take her in under his wing.
Feb 24, 2018 8:20 AM

Feb 2013
Wtf is wrong with Gowther, they need to "fix" him.
Stupid humans betrayed the giants.
Feb 24, 2018 8:33 AM

Jan 2013
God I hate this bitch Gowther so much.
Feb 24, 2018 9:08 AM
Nov 2017
Bit of a slow episode. But some nice backstory. I wonder if Gowther will ever become a real boy..
Feb 24, 2018 9:26 AM

Aug 2014
man, aside from the Galand whoopass episode, these other ones are weak af

Feb 24, 2018 9:32 AM

Oct 2017
Suduha said:
man, aside from the Galand whoopass episode, these other ones are weak af

Why? Because they are not filled with action?
Feb 24, 2018 9:44 AM

Apr 2014
They did a nice job with this episode. I am pretty happy. If A-1 keeps it up. This is going to be one of the best adaptations for A-1 studios. :3
Feb 24, 2018 10:44 AM

Mar 2013
Worst episode by far. That death scene was so immensely stupid.
Feb 24, 2018 10:51 AM

Jun 2014
Nice backstory episode about Diane and how she became the sin of envy. And like many others in this thread, I agree with the general consensus that Gowther has been a piece of shit so far this season.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 24, 2018 3:30 PM

May 2015
I loved this episode (not for the sad things [R.I.P Dolores and even Matrona at the end]) but this was a good flashback about Diane and her people, the giants... Oh, and F*ck those damn humans that survived & invented that story!
Feb 24, 2018 3:44 PM

Jan 2017
So this was a flashback of Diane's past, right?
I actually got so confused watching this episode... I thought they were jumping back and forth because of the large volume of characters introduced as well as they way Diane set off on her journey
Towards the end I understood that this was a flashback.
Iverall, this episode was okay but it didn't scream "WOAH" to me since they've just about introduced the commandments and they've already moved on to something sort of character development of characters already known to us... But meh, what I really know -since I just about watch the anime, let alone read the manga

About the episode itself, it was kinda boring; with the death of Matrona doubling up as cringy... honest to god the death of the giant dog that meliodas killed and ate was much more intense -since the dog thought that it had found an easy meal 😂😂😅

P.S.
now onto "Citrus" 😅😅😂
tidoesstuffFeb 24, 2018 3:49 PM
Feb 24, 2018 4:05 PM

Dec 2015
RIP Matrona, she should have lived ://

Hawk better be careful from now on xD
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Feb 24, 2018 6:51 PM
May 2017
So Matrona is indeed a name of someone Diane knew afterall, not just some random alias name for her in the tournament.

Diane is my fave 7ds character, she's so pure and kindhearted. It's nice to see (more of) her past revealed, sad story indeed TT_TT. C'mon, got together with King already :'|
Feb 24, 2018 10:46 PM

Oct 2015
AndraLalilulelo said:
So Matrona is indeed a name of someone Diane knew afterall, not just some random alias name for her in the tournament.

Diane is my fave 7ds character, she's so pure and kindhearted. It's nice to see (more of) her past revealed, sad story indeed TT_TT. C'mon, got together with King already :'|

I actually completely forgot about her alias in the tournament. Still going back to the amnesia bit is a bit much.
Feb 25, 2018 2:26 AM

Jul 2014
And, as I suspected, this amnesia is being used more or less as filler to pad the plot at this stage, even more so because it's a plot device they've used before with Diane in this show and before with Gowther causing it in this season. It was nice to learn more of her past, but I can't say I particularly cared too much about Dolores or Matrona, or the effect their deaths had on Diane. Also, if everything we saw in the flashbacks is correct, Meliodas never met Diane at the Giants' Village and instead met her on the road somewhere, so there is no reason for him to know about it based on what we saw (and assuming, based on the discrimination against giants in this series, that the location and/or existence of the village is kept a secret).

Also yeah, fuck Gowther at this point. He was interesting in the first season, but now he's just turned into a piece of shit for no reason: he deserved much more than that punch from King, that's for sure.
Feb 25, 2018 2:59 AM
Jul 2017
Atavistic said:
And, as I suspected, this amnesia is being used more or less as filler to pad the plot at this stage, even more so because it's a plot device they've used before with Diane in this show and before with Gowther causing it in this season. It was nice to learn more of her past, but I can't say I particularly cared too much about Dolores or Matrona, or the effect their deaths had on Diane. Also, if everything we saw in the flashbacks is correct, Meliodas never met Diane at the Giants' Village and instead met her on the road somewhere, so there is no reason for him to know about it based on what we saw (and assuming, based on the discrimination against giants in this series, that the location and/or existence of the village is kept a secret).

Also yeah, fuck Gowther at this point. He was interesting in the first season, but now he's just turned into a piece of shit for no reason: he deserved much more than that punch from King, that's for sure.
and then when we get gowther's flashback this will be forgotten,like seriously his past is pretty nice
Feb 25, 2018 5:57 AM

Feb 2016
Give it to you My nunnunnunnunnunnun nunbit
Feb 25, 2018 6:57 AM

Jul 2013
JJSpitzi said:

Yeah, it's not like Matrona couldn't have used "Heavy Metal" on herself to not get hit by the arrow lol. Plot death is as stupid as plot armor.
Feb 25, 2018 8:03 AM
May 2017
MissPsychoholic said:
JJSpitzi said:

Yeah, it's not like Matrona couldn't have used "Heavy Metal" on herself to not get hit by the arrow lol. Plot death is as stupid as plot armor.

Well first of all, I assume that matrona suspect something lethal about the spear tip, and she wouldn't risk having diane suffer the consequence. Secondly, Heavy metal, while powerful, is a defense technique that require the user body to be in stationary state. And since matrona is reacting to protect diane, she can't use heavy metal.
But well, all that said... it does smell kinda plot armor'ish. Couldn't complain though, since Diane is my fave 7ds character.
Feb 25, 2018 8:52 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
I liked that flashback in Diane´s memories!!!
Poor Dolores, finally died!!! and Matrona too!!! :/
Feb 25, 2018 9:06 AM

Jul 2013
AndraLalilulelo said:
Secondly, Heavy metal, while powerful, is a defense technique that require the user body to be in stationary state. And since matrona is reacting to protect diane, she can't use heavy metal.

Couldn't she just jump in and activate Heavy metal in the middle of it? That could have made her awkwardly slide in front of Diane. Or just use the skill on her leg right before her feet reaches the ground? Does the skill really require you to use it on your whole body? I expected it to work like the hardening skill from Greed from FMA.

Meh, it was still a lame moment.
Feb 25, 2018 9:57 AM

May 2015
Chubbt Giant is no use for fighting, but she would be perfect wrecking ball.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 25, 2018 10:03 AM
Mar 2015
Poor Matrona and Delores Without her memories Diane wants to have babies with Melodias The end was funny " I love pork" Poor Hawk
Feb 25, 2018 11:59 AM

Apr 2014
was nice to see some back story on Diane and it really sucks how Matrona and the other girl died smh

and Gowther seriously only this far in and he caused so many issues already pretty annoying tbh
"one step at a time"
Feb 25, 2018 12:18 PM

Jan 2014
Gowther just doing Gowther things as usual.

Sad ending for Diane in this episode.
New Life
Feb 25, 2018 12:30 PM

Jul 2016
More information about Diane's past was shown. The giants are really interesting and they showed off a little more than just Diane. The giant clan still did not seem to be shown in all its glory, but at least it explains a bit about Diane's memories. Gowther still does and says things without thinking, but he doesn't understand the social cues, either. Apparently, Meliodas is responsible for her; that's a twist.

It's still really good, but this episode is the weakest so far this season, for me.

Feb 26, 2018 4:25 AM
Jun 2017
Like this episode... it showed the past of Diane and the giant clan.

* i just hated Gowther here, he do loves to play with other memories and emotions just for the sake of his curiosity...
Feb 26, 2018 10:33 AM
Jul 2018
Gowther is SUCH an idiot.... SMH
Feb 26, 2018 10:19 PM

Nov 2013
hahaha, Gowther strike again
Feb 27, 2018 11:23 AM

May 2014
A pretty ok ep. Poor King, to be forgotten. Damn that Gowther. LOL, he is a doll after all. No feeling for erasing memories. I am not sure why they let him join when he does stuff like that.

Diane's past were a bit sad, but for a giant warrior to die a pathetic death like that is just stupid. I mean she could also have protected herself against the poison by using heavy metal to metallise her body. Nothing were mentioned about the poison arrows piercing through the giant metal body, so that death was just stupid. But then again they had to find a excuse for her to join the seven deadly sins, though I think that she should have left the place without Matrona dying.

Feb 27, 2018 8:25 PM

Oct 2017
MissPsychoholic said:

Couldn't she just jump in and activate Heavy metal in the middle of it? That could have made her awkwardly slide in front of Diane. Or just use the skill on her leg right before her feet reaches the ground? Does the skill really require you to use it on your whole body? I expected it to work like the hardening skill from Greed from FMA.

mangalicker94 said:

Diane's past were a bit sad, but for a giant warrior to die a pathetic death like that is just stupid. I mean she could also have protected herself against the poison by using heavy metal to metallise her body. Nothing were mentioned about the poison arrows piercing through the giant metal body, so that death was just stupid. But then again they had to find a excuse for her to join the seven deadly sins, though I think that she should have left the place without Matrona dying.

I think that MAYBE Matrona wanted to "die" in front of Diane's eyes, so that Diane could know that humans are not good as she thought and changed herself to be the great merciless warrior as Matrona wanted since the beginning. But turning out, Diane was almost executed and later joined the Seven Sins instead...
Feb 28, 2018 3:05 AM

Oct 2008
Why is it so many things happened exactly past 16 years!?!?
King was badass giving Gowther a beatdown!! that felt very nice!
anyway, Matrona is now introduced and she's overwhelmingly strong as well!
shame Dolores role was very short!
So that's how Diane & Meliodas met huh!...and he's responsible for her.
5/5.

Mar 2, 2018 1:36 AM

Oct 2011
I always find it jarring when Gowther screws something up and the plot has to shift focus to fixing his mistakes. Makes the Ten Commandments seem like an afterthought.
Mar 4, 2018 6:33 PM

May 2014
gaRdenia6943 said:
MissPsychoholic said:

mangalicker94 said:

I think that MAYBE Matrona wanted to "die" in front of Diane's eyes, so that Diane could know that humans are not good as she thought and changed herself to be the great merciless warrior as Matrona wanted since the beginning. But turning out, Diane was almost executed and later joined the Seven Sins instead...

Yea, that's really odd. And I think Matrona would feel stupid if she was alive and that was the reason for her death.
Mar 13, 2018 4:07 PM

Jul 2013
So that's how Diane got her "Envy" title. I wonder if the rest of the 7 was falsely accused of committing a sin just like her. Except Meliodas lol that chibi mofo is guilty as fuck.
Mar 21, 2018 10:13 AM

May 2016
This was kinda boring to me, but the fact that Dianne has the potential to be the strongest giant was kinda weird to me...

I got enough of lame giants next episode gonna be slow if I'm not mistaken I really miss the action.
Mar 25, 2018 2:10 PM

Jan 2015
Nice to learn more about her past. The pace a bit slow, but that's ok!
Mar 26, 2018 9:22 AM

Jul 2016
Matrona could've just deflected the poisonous spear with her Earth Bender yet she took the poison herself thats suicide

stupidity kills you
Aug 9, 2018 8:46 PM

May 2012
Damn that backstory of Diana :/ really sad yet really nice to know a bit more from her! Looking forwards to see what's next! And the whole thing with her losing memories was already quite obvious it was Gowther to be honest with all that purple... Still quite a "heartless" doll :p
Aug 14, 2018 9:13 PM

Feb 2014
that was a little bit stupid
Nov 29, 2018 5:23 AM

Mar 2016
Well this Diane backstory was not really expected or anything, but it's a nice addition to Diane as a character anyway, though I have to admit feeling worried for a rushed season finale. And just like Ban and King, Diane is falsely accused of the deadly sin, Envy!

Oh Gowther you bastard. He have been erasing Diane's memory since their fight. That's why her eyes occasionally glow. I don't know why I didn't figure it out sooner.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2018

61 by Foressss »»
Mar 23, 8:07 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2018

69 by Butterball2305 »»
Mar 16, 11:21 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2018

65 by hidingfrom_BIBI »»
Feb 29, 9:28 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu Episode 24 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

46 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 6, 2:56 AM

» I love this season

removed-user - Oct 9, 2021

10 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 6, 2:51 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.