Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 17, 2018 7:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Holy shit, Nero in that sexy red robe. This show really has a thing for bath scenes

The scene in the forest was rather thrilling. This show is throwing obstacles against Nero and she looks rather excited to face them. Nice to see Rani this episode. She had the personality of a character that I expected.

Feb 17, 2018 7:33 AM
May 2017
Another meh episode
god this anime :(
Might be dropping soon
3/10 so far....real surprised it's rating is above 7 (but it's going down so that's good)
clarazoraFeb 17, 2018 7:39 AM
Feb 17, 2018 7:34 AM

Feb 2016
lot of rani
year 3020 ?
Feb 17, 2018 8:06 AM
Jan 2010
(´・ω・`)🔪🍄
Feb 17, 2018 8:38 AM

Sep 2014
The music is so freaking good. I'm also so glad to see my adorable Rani.
Feb 17, 2018 8:41 AM

Jun 2011
clarazora said:
Another meh episode
Might be dropping soon
3/10 so far....real surprised it's rating is above 7 (but it's going down so that's good)

query, do you even know enough japanese to give it a rating yet? Otherwise, ur pretty much judging on the visuals & events without understanding what they're talking about.
Feb 17, 2018 8:44 AM
Jan 2018
Theorder14 said:
clarazora said:
Another meh episode
Might be dropping soon

query, do you even know enough japanese to give it a rating yet? Otherwise, ur pretty much judging on the visuals & events without understanding what they're talking about.

With 2 posts i'm pretty sure he's a troll.
Feb 17, 2018 8:53 AM

Feb 2017
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Holy shit, Nero in that sexy red robe. This show really has a thing for bath scenes

The scene in the forest was rather thrilling. This show is throwing obstacles against Nero and she looks rather excited to face them. Nice to see Rani this episode. She had the personality of a character that I expected.

Just asking but are you new to Extra series?
Feb 17, 2018 9:41 AM
Nov 2017
Meh, I probably gonna stop and just watch when everything is complete.

The anime is not bad but is really not much of a masterpiece like the fans of Nasu wanted to be, the two things that I wanted adapted was Strange Fake and the Babylon chapter of Grand Order
Feb 17, 2018 10:19 AM

Jun 2013
I enjoyed it.

That sequence in the forest reminded me of that Rin, Shirou, Saber, and archer vs Illya and Berserker in Unlimited Blade Works, I loved it!

Hakuno sees Nero completely nude every episode and doesn't give a fuck compared to the protagonist we all know lol. But really, I want to see more of Hakuno personality.

4/5 I am enjoying this.
Feb 17, 2018 10:44 AM
May 2017
Theorder14 said:
clarazora said:
Another meh episode
Might be dropping soon

Studying japanese has it's perks I guess?

Think what you want about me...It's a really lackluster anime. If you like it and can ignore the poor characters and meh execution of the premise and just care about things like the forgettable visuals that's fine. Just don't be a baby about it. Not like I'm attacking your family or anything. Fanboys sigh
clarazoraFeb 17, 2018 10:54 AM
Feb 17, 2018 10:54 AM
Mar 2014
Confusion on what the overall story is plus the heavy focus on Nero is getting stale. I really want this show to do well but it just seems slow. I hope that it goes into more depth and makes sense because theres too many questions to be answered and it just seems to keep going on without explaining much of it.

On the flip side, its good to see Robin Hood, Rani and "the guy who is on the 2030 CE and the guy on the really strong crit CE" (FGO reference) in the show.
Feb 17, 2018 12:20 PM

Jun 2011
clarazora said:
Theorder14 said:

Think what you want about me...It's a really lackluster anime. If you like it and can ignore the poor characters and meh execution of the premise and just care about things like the forgettable visuals that's fine. Just don't be a baby about it. Not like I'm attacking your family or anything. Fanboys sigh

Wow, guess anyone is a fanboy just because they're questioning you in your eyes. This is a discussion forum. Don't you think anyone would be sceptical if an account with 3 post only posted on an episode with no translation?

I've never had any problem with varying opinions, weather they're negative or positive and it would be nc to discuss them.You however r really quick to judge ppl as fanboys when i merely asked a question.
Theorder14Feb 17, 2018 12:25 PM
Feb 17, 2018 2:28 PM

Nov 2011
clarazora said:
Theorder14 said:

Your complaints of the show are a close match for one that would rather troll than post something constructive.
Feb 17, 2018 3:02 PM

Mar 2017
Wait, Dan is now a Combat Pragmatist, almost apposite of what he was in OG Extra, on the contrary, Robin is now a Let's Fight Like a Gentleman type, also opposite of what he is in OG Extra.

Also, year 3020? Human Order declined? what the hell Nasu.
Feb 17, 2018 3:58 PM

Dec 2016
Still don't understanding why this show is receiving so much hate.

I'm enjoying it and hoping this getting 2 cour at least.
Feb 17, 2018 7:13 PM

Sep 2015
Soooooo after Rin take a bath with Saber they don't notice she missing after they arrive on next floor?

Hakuno use 1 command to save Saber.

Rani is here! but she become the last resistance on this floor and already lost her Servant too and she seem to see Hakuno weirdly?

Is this floor going to clear with just 2 ep?

With Rin and Rani already lost their Servant i wonder what they will do with

And Hakuno already made this far?
Into the Internet!
Feb 17, 2018 10:44 PM

Aug 2013
ZBlastHistory said:

Hakuno died many times. There's probably a time loop or hakuno himself keeps getting resurrected. Which would explain why such a long time has passed since the HGW started and he barely realizes it after hearing it from several people.

Soooooo after Rin take a bath with Saber they don't notice she missing after they arrive on next floor?

Maybe she went somewhere on her own? Or that scene was from another timeline.
Feb 17, 2018 11:40 PM

Sep 2015
Toshiya0 said:
ZBlastHistory said:

Hakuno died many times. There's probably a time loop or hakuno himself keeps getting resurrected. Which would explain why such a long time has passed since the HGW started and he barely realizes it after hearing it from several people.

Maybe she went somewhere on her own? Or that scene was from another timeline.

I expecting Hakuno to be some kind ghost from from all Master and himself who fail to reach there.

I mean we saw Hakunon with Nero fighting
or Hakuno also there with Hakunon? or

Now thats gonna be confusing.
ZBlastHistoryFeb 17, 2018 11:43 PM
Into the Internet!
Feb 18, 2018 12:06 AM

Apr 2014
ZBlastHistory said:
Toshiya0 said:

Maybe she went somewhere on her own? Or that scene was from another
timeline.

I expecting Hakuno to be some kind ghost from from all Master and himself who fail to reach there.

To be fair we saw Hakunon dying and Nero fighting
, there's the possibility of her never even been Nero's master but was on the same floor as well, not to mention that all Hakuno's flashbacks so far he's always his male self, which is making me believe even more that him and Hakunon are two different people.

Now onto my thoughts:
1000 years time skip confirmed, Dan and Archer got a 180 switch on their personalities, Dan going for the kill and Archer not targeting Hakuno is so odd, another glorious Shaft bath scene with best Saber, Rin is gone all of a sudden, Hakuno showing his skills as a hacker/magi, and Rani is here!!! Rani has a new outfit as well, she also has
, she is servant-less as well, will she have a transformation like Rin too?

No sight of the new character Amari, other fans are betting on her being on the 5th floor now that both Rin and Rani lost their servants.
Still can't wait to see Caster and Alice, I expect Madoka level of f**d up Alice in Wonderland floor.

Overall much better than previous episode, hopefully it keeps the interest of fans all around. 5/5.
Feb 18, 2018 3:23 AM

Sep 2015
Kanon191 said:
ZBlastHistory said:

To be fair we saw Hakunon dying and Nero fighting
, there's the possibility of her never even been Nero's master but was on the same floor as well, not to mention that all Hakuno's flashbacks so far he's always his male self, which is making me believe even more that him and Hakunon are two different people.

Now onto my thoughts:
1000 years time skip confirmed, Dan and Archer got a 180 switch on their personalities, Dan going for the kill and Archer not targeting Hakuno is so odd, another glorious Shaft bath scene with best Saber, Rin is gone all of a sudden, Hakuno showing his skills as a hacker/magi, and Rani is here!!! Rani has a new outfit as well, she also has
, she is servant-less as well, will she have a transformation like Rin too?

No sight of the new character Amari, other fans are betting on her being on the 5th floor now that both Rin and Rani lost their servants.
Still can't wait to see Caster and Alice, I expect Madoka level of f**d up Alice in Wonderland floor.

Overall much better than previous episode, hopefully it keeps the interest of fans all around. 5/5.

We can say Nero being sent to another area/floor but why Hakunon still dying then?

If Hakunon not Nero's Master and Hakuno was the one why is she stil lalive? i mean

Scene with

The time skip will explain how Shinji don't surprise saw Hakuno again and have enough time for his match before becoming Floor Master.

Oh yeah Amari already forgot about her.

Caster! Shaft definitely will twist that floor as much as possible.

Are we going to get each resistance from non Master character on each floor? i think we have enough char for each floor resistance.
Into the Internet!
Feb 18, 2018 5:26 AM
Jan 2018
Episode Score : 3 out of 5
Overall Score till this episode : 6 out of 10

The animation especially fighting scene is better this time compared to episode 3. We got new character again called Rani VIII and some new puzzle for the plot twist. More fan service is welcome though. I think its just Nero's lifestyle which is proud with her body.

I dont have any complain with this episode. Its not bad.. and thats all. Next episode might be more intense. I hope the dialogues, the fighting scene, and the story get better. I give this anime 8 for the episode 1 hype and the score could return again somehow.

Good job SHAFT , give it better next week.
Feb 18, 2018 1:55 PM

Apr 2016
Well, at least we got memes and umu counter and fanservice.

RedKaZero said:

It may even surprise you but there are people that never seen or read or play Extra you know, your question is out of place.
Feb 18, 2018 2:06 PM

Aug 2013
I honestly find the story way too boring, I am gonna continue watching because of Saber and the artstyle though

Feb 18, 2018 2:21 PM

Apr 2015
Nero sure is one sexy lady! There's no shortage for bath scenes in this Anime. Now to wonder how high that "Umu" counter is gonna go.....
Feb 18, 2018 2:25 PM

Feb 2017
Swagernator said:
Well, at least we got memes and umu counter and fanservice.

RedKaZero said:

It may even surprise you but there are people that never seen or read or play Extra you know, your question is out of place.

It was a honest question... because they mentioned Rani so I got curious...
Feb 18, 2018 2:34 PM

Apr 2013
They're following the Fate/Extra game in servant/master order. This poison part appears in the game too.

Nice episode, we got a plenty of umu!
Feb 18, 2018 2:47 PM

Dec 2014
The archer class really is made up of archers!

I can't bring myself to care about any other master-servant pairing so far other than Hakuno/Nero, especially since this show has this "monster-of-the-week" feel to it because of the level structure. Well, it's not like that's a real problem given how compelling Nero is to watch, but I wish Hakuno had more than two facial expressions. Still, the plot is moving along at a nice pace so that I'm never bored.

4/5
spicychileFeb 18, 2018 2:50 PM
I need sleep.
Feb 18, 2018 3:27 PM

Feb 2013
They were outclassed in that fight.
Feb 18, 2018 4:22 PM

Oct 2014
The me that watches Nero-Sama saying "We shall find your desire by climbing this ocean!" can't help not to self-insert and say
"But you are my desire! My only reason to fight through this horrible sh**hole that is the Extras and the Fate franchise products of the alter dimension."
Umu umu, really it is only Nero that made me here right now.
Feb 18, 2018 4:31 PM

Jun 2009
Wow, it's been just 4 episodes and it's already better then Apocrypha.

Btw, that fire attack Saber used supposed to be

kronos7Feb 18, 2018 4:48 PM
Feb 18, 2018 5:08 PM

Jan 2017
This episode had good and bad/head-scratching parts.

Good: Finally, toward the end of the episode, we got a little more explanation and understanding of the general setting.

Bad/Head-scratching?: Okay, when they got to that level, Archer & his master clearly had the jump on Saber & her master. They knew where they were, and had invisible camouflage; Saber & her master didn't know where Archer & his master were, nor know that they had invisible camo. That could've been a juggernaut for Archer & his master to advance to the next floor (though I know it goes against the underlying mc's for this series). But logically - unless I'm crazy - that's not at all how you'd play your cards if you were Archer & his master (aka DON'T FUCKING SPRAY AND PRAY ACROSS THE MAP GIVING AWAY ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT TACTICAL ADVANTAGES)

Feb 18, 2018 5:09 PM
Apr 2014
They went with the opposite of Dan Blackmore's character, in the game he's an honorable knight who wants a fair fight while his servant just wants to kill the enemy by any means necessary, so that's their gimmick.
But they're completely neglecting developping the opposing Master/servants, what the actual fuck? In the game each pair was given 1 in-game week of development before they get what's coming for them. They could at least try to develop their characters.
Oh boy they added some saving the humanity bullshit, this wasn't a prevalent theme in the game believe it or not which is why it was decent.
Rin out, Rani in.
This anime might be some weird sort sequel to the actual Fate/Extra game if they're showing the final floor already and the year is 3020 instead of 2030.
I can't imagine watching this without playing the game tbh, it would be complete non sense, at least we have an idea what tournament they're talking about and how the regular SERAPH Moon Cell grail war actually plays out. This ain't for people who haven't played the game at all based on this episode.
Drake1000Feb 18, 2018 5:25 PM
Feb 18, 2018 5:15 PM

Nov 2013
Well, seeing how Shinji was acting, I guess that something happened in this 50 year timeskip that made Dan go crazy and twisted his personality. Archer may be acting more honorable now in an attempt to remind his master who he used to be.
Feb 18, 2018 6:49 PM

Dec 2014
Pretty good episode.

Shaft are certainly giving us some 'good' Nero scenes. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I loved the forest scene with Nero going on about life to Hakuno.

The encounter with Archer was pretty cool.

I'm unfamiliar with Extra but with this being set far in the future specifically in 3020 while also showing humanity being on the verge of extinction makes me feel like the setting is kinda similar to FGO with Chaldea swapped for this virtual world.

Rani is interesting to say the least.

spicychile said:

XD
Gonna leave this here as well.
Feb 18, 2018 7:23 PM

Apr 2014
Lelouch0202 said:
Pretty good episode.

Shaft are certainly giving us some 'good' Nero scenes. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I loved the forest scene with Nero going on about life to Hakuno.

The encounter with Archer was pretty cool.

I'm unfamiliar with Extra but with this being set far in the future specifically in 3020 while also showing humanity being on the verge of extinction makes me feel like the setting is kinda similar to FGO with Chaldea swapped for this virtual world.

Rani is interesting to say the least.

spicychile said:

XD
Gonna leave this here as well.

Fun fact: Archer actually uses a crossbow but shoots arrows instead of bolts.
Gotta love Type Moon.
Feb 18, 2018 7:35 PM

Jul 2017
This episode is definitely better than the previous one! This anime continues to intrigue me!

- Classic naked Saber and classic non-affected Hakuno with her being naked in front of him~

- 1000 years has passed?! What's going on here? SERAPH and humanity on the bridge of destruction? Now, I'm really curious...

- Hakuno actually used one of his command seals to save Saber? He definitely starts to care more about Saber. To the point that he wants to show his gratitude to her. My shipping heart intensifies~ I can understand why Saber would be pissed off with Archer disturbing her beautiful moment with her Praetor~

- Yay Rani! Also, where did Rin go??

-

- Archer's Master, Dan seems really interesting...

Giving this episode a 5/5~ Keep it coming, Extra!
Mikura39Feb 18, 2018 8:27 PM

Help, I'm hooked into the Fate series (not all) and am obsessed with Shirou x Saber!
Also, forever hoping for a ufotable remake of the Fate route!
Feb 18, 2018 7:57 PM

Mar 2013
not gonna lie,slept through the exposition scenes... nero makes this worth watching tough
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Feb 18, 2018 8:49 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Tfw i'm finally enjoying a Fate anime but its the one with the most negative opinions i've seen so far in this franchise
feelsbadman
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Feb 18, 2018 9:49 PM

Apr 2014
Wow there is more to it in this Fate/Extra aside from the War. The Seraph system and moon cell. Pretty interesting.
Feb 18, 2018 10:00 PM

Dec 2015
and bath scene again in the beginning as usual, nero sure looks appetizing in that red ribbon. how many episodes this going to be anyway
Feb 18, 2018 10:06 PM

Jul 2014
DatRandomDude said:
Tfw i'm finally enjoying a Fate anime but its the one with the most negative opinions i've seen so far in this franchise
feelsbadman

To my knowledge, Apocrypha has more negative opinions than Extra does, but I wouldn't really know.
Feb 18, 2018 10:22 PM
Jul 2007
I'm enjoying this show a lot more than Apocrypha. The writing/dialogue is so much deeper and complex considering it's handled by Nasu this time. I dont feel like I'm watching a show made for a 5-year old, but a show with meaningful character relationships and moments this time. And I love the psychological imagery that SHAFT uses to constantly assault the viewer. Great anime even if the rating is low.
Feb 18, 2018 11:05 PM

Apr 2010
SergeantDude said:
DatRandomDude said:
feelsbadman

To my knowledge, Apocrypha has more negative opinions than Extra does, but I wouldn't really know.

In terms of rating, they're even at the moment. Both at 7.18. Though this will probably continue to drop, especially with a decent amount of people watching the memesubs release for the show.
Feb 18, 2018 11:23 PM

Jul 2015
antonn said:
SergeantDude said:

In terms of rating, they're even at the moment. Both at 7.18. Though this will probably continue to drop, especially with a decent amount of people watching the memesubs release for the show.

I actually expect it to rise. The amount of viewers so far for this is just 5000, which is absurd for a Fate anime, and it seems like a lot of people are just trolls. Wait until it is actually accessible with acceptable subs
Feb 19, 2018 1:03 AM
Jun 2017
masters be like: i will ascend....
me be like: UMU!!! hahahaha..
Feb 19, 2018 1:05 AM
May 2012
So I'm a Fatefreak and a huge Nero fan.

However this anime is just... rather disappointing. It''s not bad? But it's also not good and I often find myself bored and wanting it to get on with things already.

The action scenes feel like they lack oomph for me.

I assume there's going to be a reason for why Blackmore and Robin Hood act like complete opposites of how they do normally but that's just weird...

If it wasn't for this being Fate and especially have a good portrayal of Nero, not sure I would be watching this.
Feb 19, 2018 1:10 AM
Jul 2018
I'm going to be honest. I'm 4 episodes in and I'm still not feeling it. Nero has too much personality while Hakuno has next to none. He is more emotionless than Sieg. What the heck? The only character I like so far is Archer aka
. Though, he will probably die next episode. :/

I miss having Shirou as a protag...
Feb 19, 2018 1:31 AM

Sep 2016
Things happened all to quickly with little explanation. They didn't explain much about Rani and what she did so far...

Umu counter at 15 or so. Seems like Saber is the only thing pushing the anime forward, apart from small flashbacks of Hakuno's past. Really hope Hakuno turns out to be a good male MC or at least better than Shirou.
Feb 19, 2018 2:03 AM

Aug 2014
Sorreh said:
It can become my favorite fate anime.
subs don't seems good, it can be a problem for an anime like this one.

not just "not good", rather, they're terrible
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2018

119 by bl3nk_anime »»
Apr 23, 12:55 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

210 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 14, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2018

221 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 14, 6:10 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2018

63 by SomeDudeOverHere »»
Apr 12, 10:40 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2018

72 by Selleri_UmU »»
Dec 30, 2023 6:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.