Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kokkoku: Moment by Moment
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 15, 2018 4:53 AM

Jul 2015
OMG THAT OPENING IS GREAT. But this is one hell of a situation they've gotten themselves in. Craps hittin the dang fan and were only two episodes in, this is gonna be one hell of a fight.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jan 15, 2018 5:28 AM

Apr 2010
Damn they smashed through the material this episode. They skipped a lot, and they make Juri into a less intelligent and weaker overall character.

The way they are adapting this you won't be seeing no award nominated series lol
Jan 15, 2018 6:50 AM

May 2016
This show is starting off really great sadly it's getting overshadowed by all the sequels coming out this season, hopefully more people start picking it up.
Jan 15, 2018 7:19 AM

May 2016
Another show where I dont understand what I dont understand.

But I just cant stop watching this show :|
Jan 15, 2018 10:22 AM

Feb 2016
Wow, that was intense, I hope soon enough that they will explain more about what the heck is going on. I just hope they don't left us without any answers like Inuyashiki and Houseki no Kuni, otherwise it would really suck
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jan 15, 2018 12:03 PM
Apr 2016
HereticHunter said:
Wow, that was intense, I hope soon enough that they will explain more about what the heck is going on. I just hope they don't left us without any answers like Inuyashiki and Houseki no Kuni, otherwise it would really suck

Inuyashiki had given you all the answers you need to fathom the story and its context. The question is, whether could fathom it or not.
Re:formed
Jan 15, 2018 12:05 PM

Nov 2016
I love the opening!

Maybe every person from this family has a special power. Jii-san's power is teleportation. Juri can't do it, so maybe she'll awake her own power next episode and use it to defend herself from those guys.

And what if the jellyfish can give special powers to someone by going inside their body? Tsubasa might have gained some power now...
Jan 15, 2018 12:40 PM

Feb 2016
Daniel_Naumov said:
HereticHunter said:

Inuyashiki had given you all the answers you need to fathom the story and its context. The question is, whether could fathom it or not.

Oh please, Inuyashiki started with some random aliens that "Accidentally" reconstructed 2 human beings into weapons and the topic is never touched again.

But I see that you have to hide on a fake profile, the case is closed. Nice try
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jan 15, 2018 5:20 PM

Aug 2014
I was watching the OP again, and I noticed something interesting around the drop - a hand grabbing a heart. I'm now thinking that maybe Juri's power lets her phase through people/matter, like a ghost.
Jan 15, 2018 10:51 PM

Jun 2013
oh man that was intense
Jan 15, 2018 11:46 PM
Jun 2016
According to Jisan you just need to fly then you will TP sick episode I really like this anime Juri needs to become OP OP also poor Tsubasa hope he make some moves
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 16, 2018 2:51 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The brother goes his nephew to the hospital!!! a new incognita!!!
Jan 16, 2018 3:44 AM

Apr 2017
ofc juri will be safe, even without watching that ep 3 preview we know. tbh i thought this will disappoint me considering how this type of anime needs great effort to work on people and their studio is just new, it's doing pretty great and decent

still 5/5

still life: pink roses
Jan 16, 2018 5:30 AM

Jun 2016
When the grandfather said that the Handler/Herald used to be one of their ancestors interests me. Holy crap. Wanna know more about that weird and big ass "monster".

So, the Stalled can't be hurt/killed/harmed by the people who are using the stone or else the Handler/Herald will kill them. I guess the one who's going to harm the Stalled won't be able to see the Handler/Herald the reason why that bald guy didn't have a reaction when that big ass creature appeared behind him, like he didn't even feel a thing.

Weird, though. When that Handler killed that bald guy, there's some kind of floating thingamajig that got out of his body then "possessed" Juri's brother then he woke up, and clueless, and thought Makoto is dead. I guess even the Stalled's heartbeat stops, too.

Oooh, that preview. Juri's body's gonna experience some changes next episode? Whoa. So stoked to see that.

5/5. <3

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jan 16, 2018 6:36 AM

May 2015

Now, this is how you do a comedic scene in a dark anime. No relying on chibified characters and brightly coloured backgrounds. MahouYome, Drifters, and Berserk should take notes.
Jan 16, 2018 7:38 AM

Oct 2008
Looks like someone is spying on them ever-since and already being targeted!
So the ones that isn't involved on the Stasis is being targeted and killed by The Handler!
And looks like there's something that gonna happened to Juri according to the next ep preview! looks like in in their blood! And only a catalyst is needed to activate it!
4/5.

Jan 16, 2018 8:32 AM

Sep 2016
This could turn to complete shit at any time (and it's already a bit janky) but i'll continue to watch just to see if it continues to come up with crazy ideas. The stasis is a very cool concept and i just love how nobody in this show knows how the hell it works.
Jan 16, 2018 11:00 AM

Oct 2013
Well first stupid thing : even while watching the scene with a camera the human is too slow to actually stop the time exactly at the SAME second...
But I still like the anime for now
Jan 16, 2018 10:20 PM

Aug 2014
Titadou said:
Well first stupid thing : even while watching the scene with a camera the human is too slow to actually stop the time exactly at the SAME second...
But I still like the anime for now

They don't need to stop it at the exact same time, they just need to make sure they have jellyfish spirits in their bodies before grandpa uses the stasis spell so they can move in stasis. (that's how I think it works based on what we've seen, which has been pretty straightforward in this regard)
MatorJan 18, 2018 1:46 AM
Jan 16, 2018 10:25 PM

Oct 2015
I'm hooked! I wonder where the story will go, very intirguing to say the least 5/5
Jan 17, 2018 5:22 AM
Oct 2017
I loved the cliffhanger at the end and I think this series has potential
I really hope it doesn't go down hill and the ratings start to go up like with devilman crybaby
the whole idea of the show is really interesting and the fact that they don't really take the horror to a really really extreme level (like that failed anime called ousamas game).
im really hyped to see whats going to happen in the next episode and does a person who dies always give their "jellyfish" to someone who is in stasis
Shut_In_Neet1Jan 17, 2018 7:44 AM
Jan 17, 2018 2:57 PM

Apr 2016
I was looking forward to this anime but that ep just seemed to drag on. Like the whole idea about the film frames, that was clever, don't know how they caught on to grandpa's moves as to when he was going to jump again, if they didnt do it at the exact second that would have been a failure.
Jan 17, 2018 11:22 PM

Jul 2014
Mator said:
Another great episode. Most of my fears about pacing are out of the window now, the action took a backseat to the characters this episode.

I'm excited for more. What the heck is going on with Juri?! Clearly she has some kind of power/ability, likely related to the previous circumstances in which she entered the world of stasis, but what is it? It appears to be gated behind her memory loss, is that memory loss circumstantial or purposeful?

Honestly, I have no idea what she's going to be capable of doing. I don't think there's anything in the OP/ED that really hints at what she's able to do. The only thing I can think of right now is she has access to teleportation but can use it much more quickly effectively than grandpa. I supposed enhanced strength/speed is also possible (some kind of aspect of possession, related to how they enter the world of stasis by being possessed by the jellyfish spirit things).

Here's what I think we know so far:

1. The genuine love cult was put together by our main antagonists who have some kind of history relating to the stone - like a feud between families, though more like a struggle over supernatural powers. I think they're too serious and level-headed to JUST be people who researched the power and decided to pursue it. The cult is just a means to an end - a way to organize fanatical people to do their dirty work (their long-term goal is something akin to world domination).

EDIT: Actually, I think they're more sinister than a feuding family. Their lack of emotional response suggests conditioning, which seems unlikely unless they have a lot of experience with the supernatural/crazy shit, and potentially also a lot of confidence. It's possible they are a product of some other supernatural happenings related to stasis, part of some larger organization which deals with supernatural stuff (currently or formerly), or have a history of psychopathy/sociopathy/murder.

2. Their stone is inferior to the stone used by Juri & Co. With the camera they were able to know the exact moment when Juri & Co. used their stone, and performed a similar ritual involving their own jellyfish spirits so when Juri & Co. enter stasis, they can move to. It's clear that the aspect which allows movement with the world of stasis are the jellyfish spirits - if you have one of them within you, you can move in the world of stasis. So the ritual is two parts. First you call forth jellyfish spirits to possess you and others who you wish to bring into the world of stasis and then you invoke stasis, creating an instance of a "stasis world" at an instant in time. Cult & co. clearly have access to the jellyfish part of the spell, but not the "stasis" part. If the spell is merely a matter of saying the word, they may already know it from the hidden camera they placed in the Juri family residence.

3. When someone who can move in the stasis world dies, their jellyfish may move into another host. This can lead to situations in which completely random people enter the world of stasis, e.g. the woman with the dark hair who we're introduced to this episode. Per the first episode it looks like there may be other spirits/circumstances in which this can occur as well. It seems clear that the world of Kokkoku has multiple supernatural elements and will not be limited to the stone, stasis world, teleportation, and herald we've seen so far (though how many other elements will be introduced is still difficult to determine, I imagine there are at least a few that will play a part in the story).

---

Also, a side note, but it just occurred to me that Juri's white coat is oddly reminiscent of Okabe Rintarou's white lab coat in Steins;Gate. Anyone else notice that?

Really helpful to read that, helped me clarify some of the things I was confused with. The main thing being why didn't the cult just kidnap the grandpa and the stone and had their way with him and entered the world of stasis? It was an easy task, but there seems to be something else, like a spell which needs a will to enter stasis and can't be created by force.
Jan 17, 2018 11:47 PM

Nov 2016
I'm enjoying this one so far. Intriguing premise and the main character are very likable.

I also like that the cultists wear matching polo shirts, it reminds me of the getup Scientologists have.
Jan 18, 2018 1:10 AM
Oct 2017
Damn son!! Great episode.
I liked the scene when the guy is killed by herald ,and he falls on the ground and his body is still shaking.
I really liked the ending theme song and it suggests some relation between Juri and Majima.
I have not read the manga i might check it out after watching the anime.
The brother of the MC who woke up after someone who could move in that statis was killed. Does it mean whenever someone who can move in the statis is killed someone who is 'frozen' can move again. I mean i guess.
Another thing is nobody is aware that Tsubasa can move so if Jiisan moves to another statis then Tsubasa will left in that statis.
I really like how Juri wears a lab coat.
All in all a great episode, i am really looking forward for the next episode.
Jan 18, 2018 2:23 AM
Jan 2018
This show is off to a strong start defenatly deserves more publicity then boring ass violet evergarden
Jan 18, 2018 8:19 AM
Mar 2012
Cool film frame analogy & rules/worldbuilding.
Maybe people from that family have unique abilities like Jiisan, waiting on Juri's.
Lol that Uncle, at least he's saving kiddo.
Jan 19, 2018 5:06 AM

Apr 2013
Interesting show so far. I wonder though, if people walking in the stasis world would really cast a shadow as they moved. I mean sure, their bodies are blocking light, but the light isn't actually moving right. I dunno.
Jan 19, 2018 11:45 AM

Nov 2013
That the spirit jellyfish moved from the now headless dude to the brother, is an advantage and disadvantage at the same time. He can move now and can theoretically teleport, but he's not longer protected by the monster. And he has no clue about what is happening.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jan 20, 2018 5:39 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I get the feeling that after every episode I'm going to have to come in here and have someone smarter than me tell me what the heck is going on.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 20, 2018 5:15 PM

May 2015
antonnn said:
Damn they smashed through the material this episode. They skipped a lot, and they make Juri into a less intelligent and weaker overall character.

The way they are adapting this you won't be seeing no award nominated series lol

Agree...
I disliked how Juri was portrayed during this episode. One thing I liked is that they changed her clothes from the ones she used in the manga (I wasn’t digging the whole kitchen apron thing she was wearing).

So...
- Episode 1 adapts chapters 1-2 (that’s fine)
- Episode 2 roughly adapts chapters 3-5 and part of 6... Content (some important, some less important) has been skipped/excluded from the source material. Some other stuff has been changed and re-arranged (for example, the whole scene where Juri enters her home is different and her struggle against the thugs had a bit more impact in the manga).
- Episode 3 looks like is going to adapt part of chapter 4 (an important part that they skipped) and then move on into whatever is left in chapter 6 and so on.

The manga is 8 volumes (monthly serialization, 67 chapters, approx. 210 pages each), so unless the adaptation is more than 12-13 episodes, then content will be rushed, changed, and/or skipped from the source (that’s a given). And with the way they adapted episode 2, that seems to be the case.

Anyhow, my opinion of the manga is not that high since I ended up being more disappointed than thrilled by the end of it. Still, so far, the anime has been somewhat entertaining, so I’ll keep watching it.

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Jan 20, 2018 5:36 PM

Feb 2013
Interesting... it was all a setup...
The brother can move now, so apparently the spell isn't the only way to move in stasis. (same cause, glowy ball of string)
Jan 21, 2018 3:19 AM

Apr 2015
Was fairly fun. Could have been better though
Jan 21, 2018 10:36 AM
Mar 2017
Anathor said:
Enjoyed this episode more than the messy first one. I'm still not sold on this anime; but it's been so long since I last watched a decent Mystery/psychological anime, that I'm hoping it will shape into something interesting.

exactly what I thought, I was even surprised by the amount of praise the 2 first episodes got because it still felt somehow lacking smth. And like it's trying to shove way too much info at times and leaves way too much silence at others.
Jan 25, 2018 6:33 AM

Jul 2016
Axelucard said:
oh man that was intense

I was surprised with how inveted I got with this anime straight away.

Such a cool concept.
Jan 26, 2018 1:16 PM

Jun 2015
I enjoy the world building they do, they explain things that need to be, but leave the "magic" alone. Only thing that was unneccessary was the flashback to stuff that happened ten minutes ago.
Jan 26, 2018 11:22 PM

Mar 2016
Ahh ahah ... when will the brother realize that the world is frozen it’s hurts to watch him try and save him!
This episode was really good

I forgot about the series for a while but know I have like 2 more episodes to watch and I’m excited
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 28, 2018 2:27 AM

Dec 2015
So much fricking dialogue.
~
Jan 28, 2018 8:45 AM

Apr 2015
This epiosde was a little TMI for me.
Don't know why but I keep on trying to find the feels of Steins Gate in this anime.
The entertainment factor was low in this episode and after watching this episode, I am less likely to watch further.
How's the 3rd episode? Any good?
Feb 1, 2018 2:52 AM

Jul 2009
Juri and that girl are connected somehow, right? They meet when they were kids inside that world.
Feb 4, 2018 7:27 AM

Aug 2017
I have problems with this series. The mystery is ok but the supernatural thing is bad. I think that the teletransportation is too conveniently. 3/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 4, 2018 7:42 AM

Aug 2013
Loved this episode.

So that giant creature, the handler, is there to make sure no one breaks the rules.

From that little flashback, the mysterious girl is somehow related to the MC.

Feb 19, 2018 6:37 AM

Feb 2015
Pretty interesting episode, I'm enjoying this. Hoping it doesn't go downhill.
Feb 25, 2018 12:49 PM

Mar 2016
More characters and more story to be revealed/explained.
This episode is thrilling and it end with a good cliffhanger. (Which is then kinda ruined in the preview because she got a power of her own but at the same time it's interesting to see)
Mar 7, 2018 9:20 AM
Aug 2017
How are there other people in the stasis? ?
Apr 7, 2018 10:10 AM

Apr 2014
I prefer the outro song to the intro, honestly.
May 27, 2018 2:13 PM

May 2012
Pretty damn impressive episode I must say once again. I totally feel like the episode drags me with it and every second is as thrilling as the next! Really loving the development and looking forwards to see what's next.
Jul 25, 2019 9:49 PM

Mar 2019
Meh. I used to like the intro song, but this series has just disappointed me. Dropped. Maybe it's because I watched Ghost Hound which took forever to solve any plot points so I don't have hope the series gets better.
Apr 29, 2021 5:35 PM
Oct 2019
it's just kinda meh. i wish they'd kill this girl and get it over with. then the show might actually be good

curious to see what the son and nephew get into now
Oct 13, 2022 3:02 PM

May 2018
this would make a great hentai ngl
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kokkoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2018

141 by fathandz »»
Nov 20, 2023 12:49 AM

Poll: » Kokkoku Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2018

66 by fathandz »»
Nov 18, 2023 9:49 PM

Poll: » Kokkoku Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2018

53 by fathandz »»
Nov 17, 2023 11:48 PM

Poll: » Kokkoku Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2018

60 by fathandz »»
Nov 15, 2023 3:47 AM

Poll: » Kokkoku Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2018

43 by fathandz »»
Nov 12, 2023 9:51 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.