Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 12, 2018 12:47 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
With Devilman Crybaby getting so much praise and love along with the other Go Nagai series like Cutie Honey and Mazinger also getting a revamped soon. Is there any retro series or OVA that you think could benefit from this? Anything predating the 90's specifically.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 12, 2018 3:03 PM

Feb 2013
i think this little known retro gem known as Kimi no na Wa deserves a modern remake...

though on a more serious note, maybe Five Star Monogatari or Master Keaton, especially seeing that they recently(ish) got new manga

or everyone's favourite superhero, The Rapeman =)) the modern reaction to that would be funny
Jan 12, 2018 3:20 PM

Feb 2010
Hm, need is a strong word. Most of the retro titles I love, I love them as they are so I don't think a remake is 'needed'. But I'd still be excited to see them of course. If I had to pick one of them that I think is pretty timeless I'd say Takarajima. Pirates are awesome and even without my boy Dezaki directing I'd be hopeful the result would be something I enjoy.
In terms of old OVAs, there's a bunch of them that I'd enjoy getting a remake as a full TV Series, like Dragon Half or Venus Wars.

I guess I'd be more interested in seeing classics I haven't watched yet getting modern remakes because watching the same thing twice just doesn't sound that exciting. But in that sense I'd also love Five Star Monogatari, or maybe the VOTOMS franchise to get a modern remake, or Giant Gorg. But maybe that's just me wishing modern mecha was more like oldschool mecha :>

Or some of the unsubbed classics of course, just to get a way to watch them. I'm thinking especially about sports anime like Kyojin no Hoshi, Samurai Giants or Captain.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jan 12, 2018 3:26 PM

Nov 2007
Seeing how a batshit like Redline is adored by anime fans, Mach GoGoGo needs a modern adaptation because the 1997 version was forgettable and Hollywood further ruined it in 2008.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 12, 2018 4:12 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Definitely not Legend of Galactic Heroes.
It's already great as it is, no need for remake.

But I want to see Ashita no Joe and original Gundam's remake with latest animation possible without changing the artstyle. Yaiba is also welcomed to be remade.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jan 12, 2018 7:31 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Didn't realize how elistist this thread was until after I made it and lots of the suggestions are mecha which seem far fetched since the genre is dying breed but someone should attempt to revive it.

romagia said:
i think this little known retro gem known as Kimi no na Wa deserves a modern remake...

though on a more serious note, maybe Five Star Monogatari or Master Keaton, especially seeing that they recently(ish) got new manga

or everyone's favourite superhero, The Rapeman =)) the modern reaction to that would be funny

The art in the Five Star manga is pretty gorgeous? I like the elegant style of it. A highly stylized director could probably make a gem out of it. Master Keaton I wouldn't be shocked if it did, it could def appeal to an older audience but holy shit the manga was 18 volumes . . . . .

Pullman said:
Hm, need is a strong word. Most of the retro titles I love, I love them as they are so I don't think a remake is 'needed'. But I'd still be excited to see them of course. If I had to pick one of them that I think is pretty timeless I'd say Takarajima. Pirates are awesome and even without my boy Dezaki directing I'd be hopeful the result would be something I enjoy.
In terms of old OVAs, there's a bunch of them that I'd enjoy getting a remake as a full TV Series, like Dragon Half or Venus Wars.

I guess I'd be more interested in seeing classics I haven't watched yet getting modern remakes because watching the same thing twice just doesn't sound that exciting. But in that sense I'd also love Five Star Monogatari, or maybe the VOTOMS franchise to get a modern remake, or Giant Gorg. But maybe that's just me wishing modern mecha was more like oldschool mecha :>

Or some of the unsubbed classics of course, just to get a way to watch them. I'm thinking especially about sports anime like Kyojin no Hoshi, Samurai Giants or Captain.

All good picks. Giant Gorg would be really easy to tackle and some of the subtle design choices would be pretty awesome to translate to a new style. Takarajima would need a full on reimagining though, art wise, with it's kind of storybook look I have to wonder what it would be morphed into.

If I'm honest I think Dragon Half would really appeal to the modern audience right now in certain terms.

shanimebib said:
Seeing how a batshit like Redline is adored by anime fans, Mach GoGoGo needs a modern adaptation because the 1997 version was forgettable and Hollywood further ruined it in 2008.

Redline is popular because of it's hyper artistic vision. I mean it's not all about the racing so I have to wonder but Initial D does have fans /shrungs

Been years since I've watched Speed Racers and it's kinda classic so I do wonder if anyone would try it.

Rayrin said:
Definitely not Legend of Galactic Heroes.
It's already great as it is, no need for remake.

But I want to see Ashita no Joe and original Gundam's remake with latest animation possible without changing the artstyle. Yaiba is also welcomed to be remade.

"If it's not broke don't touch it" but that's never stopped people before. *looks at kino's journey*

I have to wonder if the current CGI for television would make a good Gundam remake, I have my doubts, maybe movies? But then people will complain about the voice acting. HMM.

Jan 12, 2018 8:20 PM
Aug 2017
I wouldn't mind some Fist of the North Star remake with better animation. The premise sounds like Mad Max from what I heard. Sword art online need some revival as well.
Jan 12, 2018 8:23 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
SigmaRhoIota said:
I wouldn't mind some Fist of the North Star remake with better animation. The premise sounds like Mad Max from what I heard. Sword art online need some revival as well.

FotNS would be cool and that was what I initially was thinking at one point but it'd need a good writer to give it some structure because as much as badasses sell I don't think some meaty guy going around punching shit for the "rule of cool" will sell other than for nostalgia value.

SAO. lol.
Jan 12, 2018 8:23 PM

Aug 2017
SigmaRhoIota said:

Pretty sure FotNS is getting one this year.

edit: https://myanimelist.net/anime/36655/Souten_no_Ken_Re_Genesis here

Anyway, yeah. More Gunsmith Cats or Phantom Quest Corp would be great, but PFFFFT, 90s OVAs, who cares.
DelusionistJan 12, 2018 8:36 PM
Jan 12, 2018 8:36 PM

Nov 2009
8.10 rating count as lots of praise and love?
'America is a stolen country'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM8WZ0ztMuc

Zapredon said:
It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.

Totally agree!

Jan 12, 2018 8:39 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Vyzass said:

MAL ratings mean what exactly??? Nothing.

You're obviously not on Twitter, Youtube, or Reddit.
Jan 12, 2018 8:49 PM

Nov 2007
Stripesu said:
Rayrin said:
...original Gundam's remake with latest animation possible without changing the artstyle.

I have to wonder if the current CGI for television would make a good Gundam remake, I have my doubts, maybe movies? But then people will complain about the voice acting. HMM.

Gundam Unicorn and Gundam: The Origin are already very successful. I don't see how they can't fit in. Both are extensions of the original Gundam 079. One is a prequel (The Origin) the other is a continuation (Unicorn). But movies, OVAs would more likely be the options instead of full TV remake. But then again, abridged movies are already available, but those movies are pretty old as well. So, maybe just remake of the abridged summary movies?

Gundam Unicorn Official Trailer

Gundam: The Origin Official Trailer
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 12, 2018 8:52 PM

Oct 2017
I'd want a good Macross remake, and maybe Partlabor. Also Dominion, that shit is lit.
Kamille's a man's name, and I'm a man!
Jan 12, 2018 8:59 PM

Nov 2009
Stripesu said:
Vyzass said:

Oh you mean people like Digibro, Gigguk, Chibireview etc those guys huh.
VyzassJan 12, 2018 9:03 PM

Zapredon said:
It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.

Totally agree!

Jan 12, 2018 9:12 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Vyzass said:
Stripesu said:

Sure. Not the only people I was talking about but they are popular enough to speak out on it.
Jan 12, 2018 9:17 PM

Nov 2009
Stripesu said:
Vyzass said:

Sure. Not the only people I was talking about but they are popular enough to speak out on it.

Speaking about youtube, I found it ironic that Snob, who I consider the biggest fan of old anime actually don't really like Devilman, calling it edgelord and not thought provoking.

-EDIT-
Here's the video.

VyzassJan 12, 2018 9:57 PM

Zapredon said:

Totally agree!

Jan 12, 2018 9:18 PM

Oct 2017
I think a modern-day reboot of Ginga Nagareboshi Gin would be cool. It has that same kind of "flat" look as original FotNS and a version with today's more dynamic animation would do wonders for it.
Jan 12, 2018 9:22 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Vyzass said:
Stripesu said:

Speaking about youtube, I found it ironic that Snob, who I consider the biggest fan of old anime actually don't really like Devilman, calling it edgelord.

Not shocked. I mean he's hardcore elitist league and even scoffed at the old Go Nagai work which I wouldn't say is perfect but to call it "schlock" and to say it's just "boobs and gore" missed the whole point of the Devilman.
Jan 12, 2018 9:46 PM

Dec 2015
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind adapted from the original manga sounds good. Also, can someone please adapt Lone Wolf and Cub already? It deserves an anime if just for how big of a classic it is.
Jan 12, 2018 9:55 PM
穂乃果は神

Oct 2015
Glad for Cutey Honey returning. Weird yet I think Dr Slump & Arale and KochiKame might be nice with a new series.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 12, 2018 10:03 PM

Dec 2013
I agree with Five Star Stories. It's hardly retro but Kare Kano comes to mind, seeing as it became a flash card anime towards the end. Wouldn't mind some high prod value Wuxia stuff either.
Jan 13, 2018 12:16 AM

Mar 2017
Tokimeki Tonight i think? Don't know, i really liked the manga and would like to see it adapted to the fullest.
It's time to play the Game folks!
Jan 13, 2018 1:06 AM
Dec 2013
I'd think it'd be cool if Akira got a TV series remake.
Jan 14, 2018 9:58 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Problem with a lot of the series getting mentioned is that many of them have very Japan appeal and not worldwide appeal which isn't to say that's a knock in their favor but /shrug/

wildhood said:
I'd think it'd be cool if Akira got a TV series remake.

Having the entire manga done into a series for Netflix would be genius because it already has western appeal. My only thought is that a director wouldn't want to step on the shoes of the movie to make it or want to be overly compared.

ChartTopper60 said:
Glad for Cutey Honey returning. Weird yet I think Dr Slump & Arale and KochiKame might be nice with a new series.

With DB having so much power I'm surprised they haven't tried to revive Dr. Slump but it did have a complete anime run and a fuck ton of movies so hard to say. Same with KochiKame.
Jan 14, 2018 10:06 AM

Oct 2014
I think modern versions of the Rumic World stories would be cool. There's the 2003 TV series, but it's based on other manga. I loved all three Rumic World OVAs, but obviously they're quite old and fairly short as well. They seem to be fairly forgotten so if we had a newer version of them they could be more recognized.
Jan 14, 2018 10:12 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
holysauron said:
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind adapted from the original manga sounds good. Also, can someone please adapt Lone Wolf and Cub already? It deserves an anime if just for how big of a classic it is.

I don't think Miyazaki would trust a damn soul with his manga. I'd say that should be one of his final pieces of work since it's such a fantastical story but I doubt he'd go back to it.

Lone Wolf and Cub I can see why it has a live action adaptation rather than anime, the samurai appeal is a dying genre along with mecha.

zombie_pegasus said:
I think modern versions of the Rumic World stories would be cool. There's the 2003 TV series, but it's based on other manga. I loved all three Rumic World OVAs, but obviously they're quite old and fairly short as well. They seem to be fairly forgotten so if we had a newer version of them they could be more recognized.

I could see them doing that for an anniversary type thing. Kind of how they did the CLAMP Wonderland videos. She's done so much since then so they could use a proper updated set.

Jan 14, 2018 10:19 AM

Apr 2014
Kinnikuman would probably be cool if it got revamped. The original, not that sei stuff.
There was a Herlock movie a few years ago but not a series iirc.
Although I have to say a lot of the praise crybaby gets is from people that have only seen crybaby, not the original devilman. For me it was a bag of mixed emotions with all the stuff they changed, but I can't deny it was a good show. 5/10 for me
Jan 14, 2018 4:08 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
RedPlaty said:
Kinnikuman would probably be cool if it got revamped. The original, not that sei stuff.
There was a Herlock movie a few years ago but not a series iirc.
Although I have to say a lot of the praise crybaby gets is from people that have only seen crybaby, not the original devilman. For me it was a bag of mixed emotions with all the stuff they changed, but I can't deny it was a good show. 5/10 for me

Kinnikuman still has a lot of appeal. I still hear about it even to this day.

As for Devilman. I did read the manga straight after Crybaby and I mean yeah different perspective but I think it did a good adaptation and translated really old elements like the random thugs into rappers other small stuff, really well. There were some really small issues and a bit of rush ending but I still think aside from the OVA that never got completed is the best adaptation of that material we could've got especially with that subject matter. But again perspective.
Jan 14, 2018 4:15 PM
Aug 2014
Would honestly be interesting to see Galaxy Express 999 redone seeing how Space Battleship Yamato 2199 got its remake.
Jan 14, 2018 4:57 PM

Oct 2014
Stripesu said:
Vyzass said:

Speaking about youtube, I found it ironic that Snob, who I consider the biggest fan of old anime actually don't really like Devilman, calling it edgelord.

Not shocked. I mean he's hardcore elitist league and even scoffed at the old Go Nagai work which I wouldn't say is perfect but to call it "schlock" and to say it's just "boobs and gore" missed the whole point of the Devilman.

But that point of Devilman was easy to miss because the series was just to short and focused on a Monster of the week thing for a while only to do war commentary AT THE END.

Crybaby sadly was also still to short even without the weekly monster part (but it was still good)
Jan 14, 2018 5:52 PM

Jun 2015
Not really, though I didn't think I'd want or need a Devilman adaptation like this until recently.

Jan 14, 2018 5:57 PM

Apr 2017
More Cyberpunk stuff

and a full adaptation of D E S P E R A

>That's all i ever need

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Jan 17, 2018 6:42 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
code said:
Not really, though I didn't think I'd want or need a Devilman adaptation like this until recently.

Well you know what they say. The consumer doesn't actually know what they want. But in some cases I think it's a hit or miss.

RnDNEET021 said:
More Cyberpunk stuff

and a full adaptation of D E S P E R A

>That's all i ever need

Agreed. Cyberpunk needs a revival as a genre in general but I feel like certain staff wouldn't be right for the job, we need some veterans.

Konakana said:
Would honestly be interesting to see Galaxy Express 999 redone seeing how Space Battleship Yamato 2199 got its remake.

If some director could get the aesthetic of Galaxy 999 down with a fluid style it'd be a hit.
Jan 17, 2018 6:51 PM

Aug 2009
VictorySauce23 said:
I think a modern-day reboot of Ginga Nagareboshi Gin would be cool. It has that same kind of "flat" look as original FotNS and a version with today's more dynamic animation would do wonders for it.

Fuck yeah this would be awesome. I'm also on board the Five Star Stories, Dragon Half and Treasure Island reboot hype trains. I believe Space Cobra is getting a reboot as well. The best arc of it too.

Some other titles I'll throw out there are 19 (only got an OVA adaptation), Windaria (really cool fantasy show), Golden Boy (funny as hell, need more of this), Bubble Gum Crisis (so much to take from this world), Jin-Rou the Wolf Brigade (such an interesting concept), Bastard (fantasy comedy done right), Berserk (someone please do this properly) Ping Pong Club (a hilarious raunchy comedy) and lastly Vampire Hunter D I've read he novels, theres so much awesome shit from this series I would love to see).

LoneWolfJan 17, 2018 7:11 PM

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Jan 18, 2018 3:00 AM

Jun 2016
Revolutionary Girl Utena needs a revamp. It's time.

As long as it isn't another Sailor Moon Crystal disaster.
Jan 18, 2018 3:22 AM

May 2010
LOL predating the 90s God bless.

I don't typically dig into the prehistoric era for anime, but I'm going to continue to drum up support for a Claymore reboot ;]

Only 5 series from before the Millennia appear in my top 100 all time.

#56 Yu Yu Hakusho (1992)
#57 Cowboy Bebop (1998)
#59 Neon Genesis Evangelion (1995) - Already received reboot
#65 Outlaw Star (1998)
#76 - Hunter x Hunter (1999) - Already received reboot

So I guess YYH would be the closest thing to deserving a reboot, but even at that I don't really feel it'd be necessary.

If anyone does not love the Lord
Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Jan 18, 2018 4:43 AM
Jul 2018
something that was awesome by plot but the art/animation sucked yeah that would be a good idea. but other OVAs from the 80-90s have their magical effect of being retro so they don't need any revamp. you haven't seen any/alot from that age so you wouldn't know
Jan 20, 2018 7:15 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Vorpality said:
Revolutionary Girl Utena needs a revamp. It's time.

As long as it isn't another Sailor Moon Crystal disaster.

I highly doubt anyone could capture the direction and symbolism the original had in potency. Just listening to the director commentary on how they placed certain pieces in the story, I just can't see anyone having that much heart to do it justice like Ikuhara did.

Granted having a special and seeing it in updated hd would be nice but the story is pretty air tight completed so theres that.

Johan said:
LOL predating the 90s God bless.

I don't typically dig into the prehistoric era for anime, but I'm going to continue to drum up support for a Claymore reboot ;]

Only 5 series from before the Millennia appear in my top 100 all time.

#56 Yu Yu Hakusho (1992)
#57 Cowboy Bebop (1998)
#59 Neon Genesis Evangelion (1995) - Already received reboot
#65 Outlaw Star (1998)
#76 - Hunter x Hunter (1999) - Already received reboot

So I guess YYH would be the closest thing to deserving a reboot, but even at that I don't really feel it'd be necessary.

Claymore......ah....Madhouse, right. Proabably deserving of one and at least the manga is finished now so a HxH style reboot would probably do it some damn justice. I wouldn't be shocked.

Yeah YYH doesn't need one, something of it's 90's aesthetic works especially with the care the art staff did while making their clothing is "of the time". And though it's not always in good practice the radical art direction cuts of certain fights and arcs are really encapsulating. I wouldn't be adverse to it, they did cut a bit out from the beginning of the manga which isn't totally a bad thing and though the anime added more to the rushed ending I still feel that could be improved with it but I'd be afraid of someone messing up some of the good merits of subtle nuances in the character writing. /shrug

_Hero_ said:
All of them, because they are all bad with shitty animation and the only reason why people like them is because of nostalgia.

I highly doubt that. The animation isn't of my aesthetic leisure but there are many cases of solid series. Dragon Ball started in the 80's and looks better then most of Super does and now by watching the old Devilman OVA's they're almost on par with creative cuts I saw in the reboot.

Jack_100HP said:
something that was awesome by plot but the art/animation sucked yeah that would be a good idea. but other OVAs from the 80-90s have their magical effect of being retro so they don't need any revamp. you haven't seen any/alot from that age so you wouldn't know

Well I'm talking pre-90's. The late 80's is when the anime industry was abundantly changing. No I haven't really watched a lot at least on my current list, I agree some have charm and work within that times style but I think with certain staff and directors a series that didn't have a complete run or the story was lacking but had an iconic design / premise would work under a reboot budget.
Jan 20, 2018 7:25 PM

Aug 2013
Saint Seiya is already getting one, which is great. If that weren't, I would've said that.

/RYM/
Jan 20, 2018 7:37 PM

Jan 2017
This literally sums up the entire topic perfectly, courtesy of Gigguk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpQK9SA9Hhw&index=8&list=PL0yPNeb4NSCOK3ZalSxgTov5JNZLXJ4X5

Jan 20, 2018 7:42 PM

May 2009
Make a proper Fire Emblem anime series already.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Jan 21, 2018 9:52 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
GlennMagusHarvey said:

I have a hard time believing games can be turned into anime properly. The track record are 5/10 across the board.

J_LEE_C said:
This literally sums up the entire topic perfectly, courtesy of Gigguk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpQK9SA9Hhw&index=8&list=PL0yPNeb4NSCOK3ZalSxgTov5JNZLXJ4X5

Pretty much. Too bad mecha is a harder sell now. Too bad Sunrise.
Jan 21, 2018 9:55 AM

Aug 2017
we need a full cour Yokohama TV series
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 21, 2018 10:07 AM

May 2009
Stripesu said:
GlennMagusHarvey said:

I have a hard time believing games can be turned into anime properly. The track record are 5/10 across the board.
Not sure what you mean by "properly", but I haven't had the same experiences as you have I guess. I've been quite satisfied with what I've seen of things like Tales of Zestiria and The Tower of Druaga. And type of story that Fire Emblem games tell -- a pure-fantasy (i.e. non isekai) adventure story -- does lend itself quite easily to a satisfactory adaptation, cf. things like Record of Lodoss War and Magic Knight Rayearth (which isn't a game adaptation but where one of the characters literally comments that it feels like an RPG, which it was eventually made into in real life).

The main problem with a Fire Emblem series is that there would be large cast of main characters, each with different personal connections, but...aside from hiring voice talent, I don't see how this would be a problem given the ability to have different episodes focus on different characters' relationships with each other.

To be fair, a story of the length of a Fire Emblem game might not be well suited for the one-cour format that's popular these days. Two cours might be the minimum necessary to tell the story with a good pacing -- one can imagine four episodes providing the backstory and setting and introducing the lead characters, then 16 episodes going through the various challenges that the characters face (with a mix of character-centric episodes and plot-heavy episodes), then a four-episode final arc.
Jan 21, 2018 10:32 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
GlennMagusHarvey said:
Stripesu said:

Not sure what you mean by "properly", but I haven't had the same experiences as you have I guess. I've been quite satisfied with what I've seen of things like Tales of Zestiria and The Tower of Druaga. And type of story that Fire Emblem games tell -- a pure-fantasy (i.e. non isekai) adventure story -- does lend itself quite easily to a satisfactory adaptation, cf. things like Record of Lodoss War and Magic Knight Rayearth (which isn't a game adaptation but where one of the characters literally comments that it feels like an RPG, which it was eventually made into in real life).

The main problem with a Fire Emblem series is that there would be large cast of main characters, each with different personal connections, but...aside from hiring voice talent, I don't see how this would be a problem given the ability to have different episodes focus on different characters' relationships with each other.

To be fair, a story of the length of a Fire Emblem game might not be well suited for the one-cour format that's popular these days. Two cours might be the minimum necessary to tell the story with a good pacing -- one can imagine four episodes providing the backstory and setting and introducing the lead characters, then 16 episodes going through the various challenges that the characters face (with a mix of character-centric episodes and plot-heavy episodes), then a four-episode final arc.

They either adapt the anime scene for scene like the Ace Attorney adaptation or they can only adapt a certain portion, usually the main quest or goal story to the anime plot. And some of this stuff is kind of just the way it is, this also is a thing with movie adaptations as well. Not to mention if these games have a way longer story split into multiple games then there are usually mass continuity errors along the way. I'm not an expert myself, I have multiple friends who've just had these complaints about the process.

Yeah it's immensely rare for anything to get 24 episodes off the bat. But it has a adequate fanbase so you never know.
Jan 21, 2018 11:57 AM

May 2009
Stripesu said:
GlennMagusHarvey said:

They either adapt the anime scene for scene like the Ace Attorney adaptation or they can only adapt a certain portion, usually the main quest or goal story to the anime plot. And some of this stuff is kind of just the way it is, this also is a thing with movie adaptations as well. Not to mention if these games have a way longer story split into multiple games then there are usually mass continuity errors along the way. I'm not an expert myself, I have multiple friends who've just had these complaints about the process.

Yeah it's immensely rare for anything to get 24 episodes off the bat. But it has a adequate fanbase so you never know.
I thought Fire Emblem games have basically linear storylines, so that shouldn't be a problem, unless the more recent games have branching storylines, in which case they could pick one of them I guess? I don't remember them being rife with sidequests or such.

The other potential criticisms are basically just things that apply to any adaptation, nothing unique to game adaptations.
Jan 21, 2018 4:39 PM

Jul 2014
Slayers could be interesting imo, especially if they adapt the LN faithfully since it is much different from the show. Tbis will never happen though.

Shonan Junai Gumi would be cool too since everyone loves GTO and that 5 episode ova skimmed through a lot of a 267 chapter manga. This probably won't happen either, from what I know delinquent shows arent too much of a thing anymore.

Just some wishful thinking ^_^
MurauJan 21, 2018 4:51 PM
Jan 21, 2018 4:43 PM

Jun 2014
I don't want anyone "reviving" my favorite old school Anime, because they would slaughter it.

cewkie said:
everyone loves GTO

No, they do not.

Jan 21, 2018 4:49 PM

Jul 2014
Seiya said:
cewkie said:
everyone loves GTO

No, they do not.

ah well "everyone" is probably a poor choice of words. it is a pretty popular show though.
Jan 21, 2018 4:49 PM

Jun 2014
cewkie said:
Seiya said:

No, they do not.

ah well "everyone" is probably a poor choice of words. it is a pretty popular show though.

I suppose, but it's not the sort of thing that I would watch.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Did you know that anime is amazing?

KryzakamiHrybami - Apr 23

25 by Toooooooooohru »»
3 seconds ago

» Do you drop shows? ( 1 2 )

EverRealm - Apr 23

83 by Toooooooooohru »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 3 hours ago

12 by Shrimp_Tail »»
7 minutes ago

» Is there hope for classic super robots?

Timeline_man - 7 minutes ago

0 by Timeline_man »»
7 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

bluefin2004 - Today

36 by Jonas-K »»
18 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.