Forum Settings
Forums
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (125) « First ... « 32 33 [34] 35 36 » ... Last »

Jan 12, 2018 2:46 PM

Shuichi2 said:
jayyyyyyy7 said:
For (17) Watch a completed anime with a popularity of or lower than #701 can I use a movie?

Movie counts as anime, can be used for any item unless stated otherwise.

Okay thanks I just wanted to ask as the requirements talked about episodes
»» deliveries here please ««

Jan 12, 2018 2:47 PM

Horkus said:

It's explained in the FAQ, but the way (29) works, you type someone's name (in this case, someone on the same page as you) into the main MAL search bar (Set to anime only), and watch whatever anime comes up. E.G. if I typed your name in I'd probably watch, like, Marmalade Boy or something.

As for a recommendation for (27), hmm. I'm seeing a lot of sports and martial arts on your list, maybe give ViVid Strike a try. I remember that being fun. Looks like you haven't seen Space Dandy either, that show's rad as heck.

Just saw that, looks like I have some entries to fix. Thank you and thanks for the recs. Been looking to finish the remaining Nanoha entries.

Jan 12, 2018 2:50 PM
I recently went through my completed anime list and clicked on more details for each entry, because I was curious about how someone could look at your list and see the start and end dates. (For the sake of the challenge, I'm keeping a notebook to keep track of all that, not being the most tech-savvy person around.) And there are no start or end dates for anything I've watched. Like, even shows that I updated one episode at a time over the course of multiple weeks. Should I be concerned? Because I'm pretty sure they want to be able to look down your list to verify all your entries. Is there some way to enter that information manually that I have been unaware of this whole time?

Jan 12, 2018 3:07 PM

Hello. I have a question about the challenge 74:
Watch one of the Top 5 anime recommended to your Favorite Anime - one of the 5 most recommended titles that you haven't watched; state your favorite anime listed in your profile. It doesn't has to be the first one listed. If your favorites change, change accordingly

If I pick Hellsing Ultimate : https://myanimelist.net/anime/777/Hellsing_Ultimate/userrecs

Technically, Afro Samurai, with 4 rec, could be the 4th (after 10 rec, 7, and 6), but also 6th (one with 10, three with 7, one with 6).
If I pick only the anime I didn't watch, Afro Samurai is 3rd (I already watch Drifters, Elfen Lied, and Berserk, so Afro Samurai comes after Black Lagoon and Devil May Cry).

So my question is: Is Afro Samurai edible for my challenge ?

Thank you very much ^_^

(Yeah I know my question is weird x) )

Find here my others challenge : https://myanimelist.net/blog/Yamcha17

Jan 12, 2018 3:08 PM

Duckielover151 said:
I recently went through my completed anime list and clicked on more details for each entry, because I was curious about how someone could look at your list and see the start and end dates. (For the sake of the challenge, I'm keeping a notebook to keep track of all that, not being the most tech-savvy person around.) And there are no start or end dates for anything I've watched. Like, even shows that I updated one episode at a time over the course of multiple weeks. Should I be concerned? Because I'm pretty sure they want to be able to look down your list to verify all your entries. Is there some way to enter that information manually that I have been unaware of this whole time?

Here you go (on the anime's page):

Add to My List, Add Detailed Info

http://prntscr.com/hzp1yz
http://prntscr.com/hzp2kd

Jan 12, 2018 3:10 PM

I have a question about challenge number (21) Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field.
Does Tetsuo Takahashi from "Demi-chan wa Kataritai" qualify as a professional and can i use this anime for the challenge?
If not,can someone recommend me something?

Jan 12, 2018 3:12 PM

ioio022 said:
I have a question about challenge number (21) Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field.
Does Tetsuo Takahashi from "Demi-chan wa Kataritai" qualify as a proffesional and can i use this anime for the challenge?
If not,can someone recommend me something?

yes i used takahashi for that item last year.

Jan 12, 2018 3:17 PM

I need a recommendation for #27 please! I'll watch basically anything, but I'm not a fan of either mecha or harem anime.

Also for (104) Watch a completed anime with no Opening or Ending themes listed. How do I find this out?

Edit: Thanks for the info @Ramaladni and @jhoson14
Modified by jfuellile, Jan 12, 2018 6:33 PM

Jan 12, 2018 3:26 PM

jfuellile said:
I need a recommendation for #27 please! I'll watch basically anything, but I'm not a fan of either mecha or harem anime.

Also for (104) Watch a completed anime with no Opening or Ending themes listed. How do I find this out?

Watch Kuroko no Basket It's also in your PTW.
As for 104, old anime, OVA's or music videos should do the trick. I don't think it has to be a TV series to something like Perfect Day might work. That or google something such as: site:myanimelist.net "No opening themes have been added to this title. Help improve our database by adding an opening theme here."
Modified by Ramaladni, Jan 12, 2018 3:34 PM

Jan 12, 2018 3:26 PM

@Ramaladni

Recs for 102:
Made in Abyss
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
Tari Tari

Hope one of those picks your interest.

ChrollosWaifu said:
(102) Watch an anime recommended to you by a challenge staff member:

^^

Recs for 102:
Shinsekai Yori
3-gatsu no Lion
Tsurezure Children

Have fun ^^

@jfuellile

For 104 Check under listed Staff

Je Taime (suggestion)

RisaKosugurabu said:
Hi All - need a rec for (102) please and thank you! ^_^

Hi hi o/

Some recs for you:
Haikyuu (Strongly recommend this one)
Natsume Yuujinchou
Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199

^^
Modified by jhoson14, Jan 12, 2018 4:06 PM

Jan 12, 2018 4:04 PM

jhoson14 said:

Hi hi o/

Some recs for you:
Haikyuu (Strongly recommend this one)
Natsume Yuujinchou
Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199

^^

Thanks! :) I have Haikyuu down as another challenge item but might give Natsume a go!

Jan 12, 2018 4:06 PM

Yuki-Chan276 said:
Can I get a recommendation for 102. Watch an anime recommended to you by a challenge staff member? Please, one-cour and something from my plan-to-watch list. Movies are fine too. No space or mecha.

Kokoro Connect, SaiKano, Servant x Service, AnoHana, Death Parade, Isshuukan Friends. :)

Jan 12, 2018 4:13 PM
Watch a completed anime with a popularity of or lower than #701 - placed in popularity as #701, #702, #703 and so on; state the popularity it had when you finished

Shouldn't this say HIGHER than #701 since the numbers are going UP?????

Literally sat here thinking i could put Snow White with the Red Hair there and i can't

it makes sense now that i'm looking at the top anime page linked in the challenge list but still

Jan 12, 2018 4:26 PM

For (72) Watch an anime with a title that starts with the last letter of your username, can I use the English title? Specifically, I'm asking about watching Erased, even though the Japanese title doesn't start with E.

For (21) Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field, would Bakuman qualify, even though they aren't professionals at the beginning of the series?

Jan 12, 2018 4:30 PM

Brimmy21 said:
Watch a completed anime with a popularity of or lower than #701 - placed in popularity as #701, #702, #703 and so on; state the popularity it had when you finished

Shouldn't this say HIGHER than #701 since the numbers are going UP?????

Literally sat here thinking i could put Snow White with the Red Hair there and i can't

it makes sense now that i'm looking at the top anime page linked in the challenge list but still

"lower popularity" when compared to 701 is definitely 702, 703 etc.
the more popular a series is, the higher the ranking is, aka numbers going down.
a series at 500th place is more popular than one at 700th.

Jan 12, 2018 4:52 PM

I'm signing up soon but I'm confused about the tier system. I'm looking at each difficulty and does it just have to add up to the total amount or are the numbers in the tiers the minimum items I have to complete in that specific tier?

Edit: Nevermind I figured it out
Modified by Newmanism17, Jan 12, 2018 5:01 PM

Jan 12, 2018 4:52 PM
🌕🚀System;Reset

Yamcha17 said:
Hello. I have a question about the challenge 74: Watch one of the Top 5 anime recommended to your Favorite Anime. If I pick Hellsing Ultimate : https://myanimelist.net/anime/777/Hellsing_Ultimate/userrecs Technically, Afro Samurai, with 4 rec, could be the 4th (after 10 rec, 7, and 6), but also 6th (one with 10, three with 7, one with 6). If I pick only the anime I didn't watch, Afro Samurai is 3rd (I already watch Drifters, Elfen Lied, and Berserk, so Afro Samurai comes after Black Lagoon and Devil May Cry). So my question is: Is Afro Samurai edible for my challenge ? Thank you very much ^_^ (Yeah I know my question is weird x) )

Since at the moment that title is tied with 4 recs with the 3 others there shouldn't be a problem. Do remember that if one of those gets a new rec and the order changes there, it might make it invalid.

Duckielover151 said:

Usually the start date isn't added automatically. That's something you have to do (go to edit the entry and add the date). The ending date tends to get added if you add the last episode on your list and mark it as completed there. If there's one currently that you want to add the dates for, you can try checking the episode history for that title to see the original dates.

Jan 12, 2018 5:18 PM
What does "Completed Anime at Sign-Up" on the sign-up form mean?

Jan 12, 2018 5:41 PM

bentheechidna said:
What does "Completed Anime at Sign-Up" on the sign-up form mean?

Your current completed anime at the moment of sign-up, it'd be 27 right now.

Jan 12, 2018 5:54 PM

What's the difference between
(67) Watch an anime featured in another participant`s forum set:
(28) Watch an anime that a participant has completed for this challenge:

?

Jan 12, 2018 5:56 PM

Ramaladni said:
NelfreyH said:
Need some help to complete my list!

[Started: <date>] [Finished: <date>] (43) Watch an anime with a voice actor that worked on 5 or less anime: <anime_title>

#43 https://myanimelist.net/anime/33089/Kemono_Friends

Thanks!!

Horkus said:
NelfreyH said:
Need some help to complete my list!
(43) Watch an anime with a voice actor that worked on 5 or less anime: <anime_title>

(91) Watch a completed anime adapted from a manga with a score of 6.50 or lower: <anime_title>

(96) Watch an anime with 5 or more human adults as the main cast: <anime_title>

(101) Watch an anime tagged with 7 or more genres: <anime_title>

Thanks!

Ok for (43) there are plenty of options, I'd maybe suggest The King's Avatar, the VA in this case being Tong Xinzhu. Subs shouldn't be terribly hard to find, and it's only 1 cour.

For (101) you could watch Kekkai Sensen, I see you've already got it on your PTW, so this is a perfect opportunity to check it out.

Thank you!!! And that seiyu i loved she in my favorite anime! What a coincidence haha
Hi

Jan 12, 2018 5:58 PM

lanblade said:

?

for 67 you have to look at a challenge participant's forum avatar and signature, for 28 you have to look at a participant's challenge list and see which anime they have completed already...

Jan 12, 2018 6:01 PM

In regards to challenge 67 (Watch an anime featured in another participant's forum set), how free are you to choose which anime you want to watch?

For example, if I saw Koro-sensei as an avatar in red-tomato's post, do I need to track down which season/OVA/special of Ansatsu Kyoushitsu it came from? Or am I free to just watch the first season for that challenge?

Jan 12, 2018 6:03 PM

protoplasm said:
lanblade said:

?

for 67 you have to look at a challenge participant's forum avatar and signature, for 28 you have to look at a participant's challenge list and see which anime they have completed already...

:O
oh! I would have never guessed that in a million years. Thank you.

Jan 12, 2018 6:09 PM

Could I get a recommendation for "#04 - Watch an award winning anime"?

Jan 12, 2018 6:15 PM

GoldenA said:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/28851/
https://myanimelist.net/anime/25835/

Tokyo Anime Awards 2017 (Movie) and 2016 (TV), respectively. There are many others, if those two don't please you. They can be found here: https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=71894
Modified by Ramaladni, Jan 12, 2018 6:18 PM

Jan 12, 2018 6:27 PM

Ramaladni said:
GoldenA said:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/28851/
https://myanimelist.net/anime/25835/

Tokyo Anime Awards 2017 (Movie) and 2016 (TV), respectively. There are many others, if those two don't please you. They can be found here: https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=71894

Oh, thank you a lot <3 it will be very useful

Jan 12, 2018 6:31 PM
Someone help, i can't find this

91) Watch a completed anime adapted from a manga with a score of 6.50 or lower

Jan 12, 2018 6:39 PM

EsthevanBr said:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/31804/Kuma_Miko

Jan 12, 2018 6:41 PM

EsthevanBr said:

Suggestions

GoldenA said:
EsthevanBr said:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/31804/Kuma_Miko

Recommended anime is invalid for this challenge, Manga have a score of 7.01 (The manga from which it's adapted needs that score; 6.50, 6.49, 6.48 and so on; it must say Source: Manga in the anime page)
Modified by jhoson14, Jan 12, 2018 6:46 PM

Jan 12, 2018 6:57 PM

Can I use This guy for item 75, watch an anime with 3 or more main characters with unnatural hair color?

I think this is pink and not red but I am terrible when it comes to properly telling colors and would just like to make sure.

Jan 12, 2018 6:59 PM
Lazy

Nocturnal said:
Can I use This guy for item 75, watch an anime with 3 or more main characters with unnatural hair color?

I think this is pink and not red but I am terrible when it comes to properly telling colors and would just like to make sure.
According to the wiki he has maroon coloured hair.

Jan 12, 2018 7:25 PM

Are anime re-watches allowed during the course of this challenge or do we have to watch and add anime to our list that we have not yet seen before? I would like to do a few re-watches during the course of this challenge if possible.

Jan 12, 2018 7:28 PM
🌕🚀System;Reset

Hantsuki said:
In regards to challenge 67 (Watch an anime featured in another participant's forum set), how free are you to choose which anime you want to watch? For example, if I saw Koro-sensei as an avatar in red-tomato's post, do I need to track down which season/OVA/special of Ansatsu Kyoushitsu it came from? Or am I free to just watch the first season for that challenge?

No. As long as the character is part of the anime you choose, you can go with any in which the character appears

rubylightning said:
Are anime re-watches allowed during the course of this challenge or do we have to watch and add anime to our list that we have not yet seen before? I would like to do a few re-watches during the course of this challenge if possible.

While its not against the rules, re-watching is not something I support. The main point of the challenge is to explore and watch new anime. If, even then, you decide to re-watch a title you will need to update the dates accordingly on your anime list to reflect the dates in which the title was watched during the year.

Jan 12, 2018 7:42 PM

SheyCroix said:
Hantsuki said:
In regards to challenge 67 (Watch an anime featured in another participant's forum set), how free are you to choose which anime you want to watch? For example, if I saw Koro-sensei as an avatar in red-tomato's post, do I need to track down which season/OVA/special of Ansatsu Kyoushitsu it came from? Or am I free to just watch the first season for that challenge?

No. As long as the character is part of the anime you choose, you can go with any in which the character appears

rubylightning said:

While its not against the rules, re-watching is not something I support. The main point of the challenge is to explore and watch new anime. If, even then, you decide to re-watch a title you will need to update the dates accordingly on your anime list to reflect the dates in which the title was watched during the year.

OK thanks for the help! I think I know how to update the dates, if it's as easy as inserting the new dates within the edit menu after clicking on "re-watching" for that given anime? If it seems too complicated for me though to figure out, I'll just re-watch them separately to that of the anime that are meant to be watched specifically for my anime watching challenge list.

Jan 12, 2018 7:42 PM

Ericonator said:
Nocturnal said:

Yeah but anime often takes liberties with the source mateiral. The wiki applies to the otome game, does it also apply to the anime version, though?

Jan 12, 2018 7:44 PM
Lazy

Nocturnal said:
Ericonator said:

Yeah but anime often takes liberties with the source mateiral. The wiki applies to the otome game, does it also apply to the anime version, though?
Hmm, if it's not stated then I think you can interpret it the way you see it.

Jan 12, 2018 7:56 PM
91) Watch a completed anime adapted from a manga with a score of 6.5 or lower 

I need examples for this one please 🙏

Anime >>>>>>> Cartoons 🚮

Jan 12, 2018 7:57 PM
Onii-sama

Hey guys, Its time I get a Rec for a change.

Jan 12, 2018 7:58 PM

DeZheng said:
91) Watch a completed anime adapted from a manga with a score of 6.5 or lower 

I need examples for this one please 🙏

How about a list with sugestions? :P

@Sojin
Wakako-zake
Nami

Modified by jhoson14, Jan 12, 2018 8:05 PM

Jan 12, 2018 9:12 PM
Can anyone explain me how to update a anime

Jan 12, 2018 9:30 PM

Anyone have any good recommendations for the following challenges?
(49) Watch an anime adapted from a Book
(75) Watch an anime with 3 or more main characters with unnatural hair color
(87) Watch an anime adapted from a Card Game
(90) Watch an anime adapted from Radio or Music
(96) Watch an anime with 5 or more human adults as the main cast
Modified by assyrian, Jan 12, 2018 9:35 PM

Jan 12, 2018 10:00 PM

Does a movie which is more than 16 mins come under #16 ? (anime under 6 rating)

Jan 12, 2018 10:06 PM

Can Hotaru no Haka come under award winning anime?

Jan 12, 2018 10:07 PM

Ankithadam said:

yes, since its longer then 16 minutes

Ankithadam said:

yes

Jan 12, 2018 10:09 PM

ass_yrian said:
Ankithadam said:

yes, since its longer then 16 minutes

Ankithadam said:

yes
Kay then thank you...I was actually wondering if I had to watch a TV series

Jan 12, 2018 10:12 PM

(79) Watch an alternative version, alternative setting or spin-off of something you've previously watched

Does it have to be one of those or can I do a side story?

Also, can someone please give me a recommendation? My challenge list just so you don't suggest something I already plan to watch.

Jan 12, 2018 11:40 PM

How do i link a reply i had on here?
I asked for a recommendation for number 27. And in the instructions says that i have to link the reply. which i don't know how to do. Can anybody explain it to me?

Also, can i get a staff member recommendation for 102?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (125) « First ... « 32 33 [34] 35 36 » ... Last »