Forum Settings
Forums
New
Which anime studio do you want to adapt Berserk's manga?
Jan 4, 2018 8:29 AM
Dec 2015
Choose one anime studio to do the animated adaptation of Kentaro Miura's Berserk manga and explain why you chose the studio lol.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 4, 2018 8:37 AM

Apr 2017
it's a tie between madhouse and bones, sunrise is pretty good though.

madhouse produced too many good shows, they are good at animating and directing..same goes with bones.
pretty sure they will keep the artstyle as it is, i don't wanna see moe guts.
S-quare22Jan 4, 2018 8:40 AM

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Jan 4, 2018 8:38 AM

Oct 2015
The problem with animating it is that it has to be gritty, which I've seen none of those studios do it today. I just don't see it ever be adapted properly in this modern era of anime.

I have not watched this actually, but I read the description and looks like I have the same thoughts

๐”š๐”ž๐”ซ๐”ซ๐”ž ๐”ฑ๐”ฌ๐”ฒ๐” ๐”ฅ ๐”ถ๐”ฌ๐”ฒ,
๐”š๐”ž๐”ซ๐”ฑ๐”ฆ๐”ซ' ๐”ถ๐”ฌ๐”ฒ ๐”ด๐”ฆ๐”ฑ๐”ฅ ๐”ž๐”ฉ๐”ฉ ๐”ช๐”ถ ๐”ช๐”ฆ๐”ค๐”ฅ๐”ฑ

Jan 4, 2018 8:42 AM

Sep 2015
Guts seems like a bulky man.
David Production did JoJo.
JoJo has bulky men.
David Production should do Berserker.

Jan 4, 2018 9:02 AM

Nov 2015
-Lofn- said:
The problem with animating it is that it has to be gritty, which I've seen none of those studios do it today. I just don't see it ever be adapted properly in this modern era of anime.

I have not watched this actually, but I read the description and looks like I have the same thoughts

No animator wants to draw Gut's highly detailed character design for 12 frames per second of animation. They would have more fun drawing simple characters like in (mob psycho 100), cute moe characters like (K-ON) or something very experimental like (Ping-Pong: the animation).

The promblem with a lot of seinen manga is that manga artists draw the art so realistic and detailed that there is no point for it to be animated in 2D.

Mabye live-action with special effects is better for berserk. Or the level of CGI they used in Gantz:O

But Japan loves cute girls doing cute things so more money would go to anime projects like maid dragon, land of the lustrous or egromanga sensei.

*P.S. I think Berserk is overrated and more people should read Battle Angel Alita instead.
Gally/Alita >>>>> Guts
HACKs! ๐Ÿคข๐Ÿคฎ
Jan 4, 2018 9:07 AM

Nov 2015
S-quare22 said:

madhouse produced too many good shows, they are good at animating and directing

Only directors are good at directing.
HACKs! ๐Ÿคข๐Ÿคฎ
Jan 4, 2018 9:08 AM

Jan 2013
Why are people voting for Pierrot, do you guys want to see what Berserk fillers would be like or what?

As for me, I choose Bones.
Jan 4, 2018 9:09 AM

Jan 2013
People who voted for Pierrot or Toei are a joke

I pick Bones

fuyuki said:
Why are people voting for Pierrot, do you guys want to see what Berserk fillers would be like or what?
Not only filler, but bad to average animation for most of the time and above average animation for a distinct episode in the story. Thats how Toei and Pierrot always roll.

Jul 2016
Whatever OLM did in the 90s was about as good as you could do for something like Berserk. People call the use of stills lazy but it's better than having constant movement that looks sloppy. Berserk's appeal isn't about the battles to begin with so I don't care so much about fluid animation so much as conveying the right mood which the '97 version did perfectly, especially when it came to sound (lookin' at you, Clangviction Arc adaptation).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Apr 2017
mehmehperson said:
S-quare22 said:

madhouse produced too many good shows, they are good at animating and directing

euh but mahouse has good directors, isn't that right?

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Jan 4, 2018 9:17 AM

Feb 2017
Madhouse would probably be ideal. But I think Production I.G or Bones would also be able to do a good job.
Jan 4, 2018 9:20 AM

Nov 2015

Except for the
S-quare22 said:
mehmehperson said:

euh but mahouse has good directors, isn't that right?

A lot of them do work at others studios too because a lot of people who work in the anime industry are freelancers.

Unless you are talking about yoshiaki kawajiri a director and helped create studio madhouse along with 2 other people . Kawajiri is still alive but has'nt directed anything in years.
Old_School_AkiraJan 4, 2018 9:28 AM
HACKs! ๐Ÿคข๐Ÿคฎ
Jan 4, 2018 9:21 AM
otp haver ๐Ÿคช

Jul 2017
David Production would actually be the best but I am a sole believer that Berserk can never be well adapted into an anime. Nobody is gonna master that tone and as it has been shown in other adaptations, the story apparently hard to grasp in a timeline form for whatever reason.
Jan 4, 2018 9:25 AM

Feb 2015
None, because it'd be wasting time on something that'll never finish.
Jan 4, 2018 9:26 AM

Dec 2015
I want Ufotable and Madhouse to collaborate on this. Ufotable for the visuals and Madhouse for everything else.
Jan 4, 2018 10:54 AM

May 2016
Madhouse or Bones
definitely one of these studios
~ Nas, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Formerly known as:
~ Gokuvich, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Jan 4, 2018 11:12 AM

Aug 2016
Bones or Madhouse

Bones if I had to choose one. They had a better recent track record.

Would still be satisfied with Production I.G.

Jan 4, 2018 11:34 AM

Aug 2017
I really want Doga Kobo to adapt berserk.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 4, 2018 11:49 AM

Feb 2015
None of them. I don't know for how long manga will be ongoing but I just can't see anyone making a full adaptation and if it's not going to tell us full story then there's no point in it. We already have 3 movies and 2 Tvs, that's enough incomplete stories.
I'm watching anime since 2012. I also play games, sometimes.

Don't bother me if you want to 'become friends' or things like that.
It's tiresome. I know you just want to collect some meaningless numbers.
Thought: How many people sparked H. Charlotta just for blue pot?
Jan 4, 2018 12:21 PM
Aug 2016
Either Madhouse or Bones, but it's an objective truth and a fact that Berserk won't get a proper continuation... ever.
Jan 4, 2018 12:24 PM

Aug 2017
Bones would make a chibi version of Berzerk like they did with FMAB, Madhouse might kill it or get killed with the hate instead.
Jan 4, 2018 12:28 PM

May 2016
Bones just needs to replicate Berserk 1997's style and get Susumu Hirasawa to do the soundtrack again, along with never changing the OP from "Tell Me Why," and then we'll have the continuation we've been needing.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Jan 4, 2018 12:30 PM

Mar 2016
I think Studio Deen should be in that vote pool, they would definitively make a good job.

Probably Madhouse.

Jan 4, 2018 12:32 PM

Feb 2012
I would love to see Madhouse do a Berserk adaption... just because they do well at following through

Tsarko said:
Madhouse would probably be ideal. But I think Production I.G or Bones would also be able to do a good job.
....... Hmm Production IG, I think this would actually be really fucking interesting, and oddly fitting for Berserk
Jan 4, 2018 12:37 PM

Jun 2009
Bones, between those in the list. They can do mature, salient series, as proven with their FMA ventures and Wolf's Rain for example, as well as expressive and explosive work such as MP100, My Hero Academia and Concrete Revolutio. My pick for sure.

Madhouse have lost a lot of their in-house talent. People thinking of OPM as an example of their work will be thoroughly disappointed, as the majority of that show was animated by freelancers. Although their work on HxH (2011) was still noteworthy.

Sunrise haven't strayed from Mecha and... Love Live shows... For a long time. Their only comparable series imo, Cowboy Bebop, was actually undertaken by staff who left to form Bones lol.

Pierrot? The same studio that literally added 2 episodes of awful filler into the first 3 episodes of Black Clover? Even though there was plenty of material and a set 51 episode run for the season? Yikes. I don't think I even have anything insightful to add to this.

Toei already have a lot on their plate with One Piece and Dragon Ball Super ongoing. A full on Berserk adaptation would run for quite a while, and Toei animators are not the best in the industry as it is.

EDIT: Upon further thought, Production I.G. would be my non-poll pick. Their GitS work should prove to any doubters about their ability to handle a dark, gritty story and animation. Although much of that is down to Mitsuo Iso, who I'm not sure if is still at the company. His last TV series was Denno Coil, with Madhouse, but I don't think he's associated to any studio.
GrimanirJan 4, 2018 12:48 PM
Jan 4, 2018 2:28 PM

Jun 2016
Moved from the Anime Discussion Board.
Jan 5, 2018 1:21 PM
Dec 2015
Thank you very much everyone for all the insightful responses and for your time!
Jan 6, 2018 12:24 PM

Aug 2016
after all the sh*t they´ve done, I don´t care anymore if they adapt it or not, Id preferer anime studios adapting many other good manga that could get more exposition, like Innocent.

Now, If they were gonna do an adaptation necesarily, would include in those options WIT with Araki. best option, in my opnion, and include a collabo between Hirawasa and Sawano in terms of OST. And, of course, stop giving us bland generic rock openings and change them instead from some "medievalesque" fusion. Sometimes I don´t get How both Forces and Hai yo weren´t chosen for the official openings. Seriously, never saw the appeal with pen pals. Linked horizon could also make a good job.

Beside, the most important thing right now is Miura commiting himself to finish that manga as soon as possible.
MichaelJacksonJan 6, 2018 12:32 PM
:v
Jan 7, 2018 5:17 AM

Dec 2015
Klad said:
People who voted for Pierrot or Toei are a joke

I pick Bones

fuyuki said:
Not only filler, but bad to average animation for most of the time and above average animation for a distinct episode in the story. Thats how Toei and Pierrot always roll.
Took the words right out of my mouth lol.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jan 11, 2018 8:31 AM

Oct 2017
The GA and Conviction arcs by Madhouse because they are great. The rest by Studio Pierrot because it sucks anyway and it would be funny to see Berserk fillers.

And to be honest parts of later Berserk already feel like filler anyway.
Jan 11, 2018 1:12 PM

Sep 2017
Studio Pierrot or Toei definitely. Both have made revolutionary anime with great animation. Sunrise anime are just mecha cashcows. Bones and Madhouse are unfortunately horrible studios with little to no good anime from them. Actually, everything they've made is mediocre.
Edward Elric > your waifu

Feb 25, 2018 6:22 PM

Feb 2017
While its probably not going to happen, imagine if ufotable did berserk. Most particularly the falcon of the millennium arc (ie Zodd and Grunbeld fights)
Feb 25, 2018 6:57 PM

Feb 2016
What about Queen Bee tho? I mean, look at them, they practically do colored manga panels with movement... Berserk could get something of that
Feb 25, 2018 9:42 PM
Oct 2017
Why are Perriot and Toei even on this list?
They would make a worse adaptation than Berserk 2016, 90% Of the anime would be shitty filler.
Mar 4, 2018 5:21 AM

Apr 2009
No love for Kyoto Animation?? SMH!
Dec 18, 2020 8:07 PM

Apr 2020
a tie between madhouse and ufotable
"Humans are like isolated islands, floating in the sea of fate.
Human encounters are like the collision of these lonely islands, and once they touch, there would be an effect. Sometimes, the islands would stick together, in the name of ‘interest’, ‘kinship’, ‘friendship’, ‘love’ and ‘hate’. But eventually, they would separate, walking towards the path of destruction.

This is the truth behind life."

-Fang Yuan
Dec 24, 2020 6:00 PM
Feb 2020
Old_School_Akira said:
-Lofn- said:

No animator wants to draw Gut's highly detailed character design for 12 frames per second of animation. They would have more fun drawing simple characters like in (mob psycho 100), cute moe characters like (K-ON) or something very experimental like (Ping-Pong: the animation).

The promblem with a lot of seinen manga is that manga artists draw the art so realistic and detailed that there is no point for it to be animated in 2D.

Mabye live-action with special effects is better for berserk. Or the level of CGI they used in Gantz:O

But Japan loves cute girls doing cute things so more money would go to anime projects like maid dragon, land of the lustrous or egromanga sensei.

*P.S. I think Berserk is overrated and more people should read Battle Angel Alita instead.
Gally/Alita >>>>> Guts
alota is cool. But no
Dec 24, 2020 9:49 PM

Aug 2020
Gotta go with David Productions since they are a veteran at drawing buff guys
Dec 24, 2020 11:43 PM

May 2020
Also a tie between madhouse and bones for me
โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡
Dec 27, 2020 2:20 AM

Sep 2020
I choose wit,remembering vinland is successful,probably wit is the best choice.
Dec 27, 2020 4:34 AM

Aug 2018
I doubt berserk will never get a proper adaptation as it is too gritty and the armour is to detailed. The only scenario I can see it getting a complete good adaptation if Netflix did it (to get around tv broadcast laws) and they poured a ton of money into is so they that can have hundred of animators working on each episode. I don't think any of the studios listed would be a good choice, I think IG would be the best choice.
_______I like rocks__
Jan 12, 2021 6:20 AM
Mar 2011
I'd say David Production. Toei and Pierrot look too polished in my opinion most of the time, whereas David Production is great with darker and more serious things.
Jan 13, 2021 8:51 AM
Dec 2019
From the poll, I would say Bones, they can Handle wall a lot of more mature and dark series, but I think the ideal would be 2000s Madhouse, but unfortunately the studio is basically dead at that point

Some other good choices would be Production IG or Wit, but Wit is to small to be able to properly handle such a endeavor, unless someone give them a lot of money to work on the project

Also, a lot of people here said Ufotable, but I think that a Berserk adaptation by them would be just awful, they have problably the best animation in the entire industry, but their style just doesn’t fit Berserk
Jan 14, 2021 4:02 AM
Apr 2020
Ghe best studio of all time. Deen
Jan 14, 2021 8:22 PM
Jan 2021
None, this doesn't deserves one. Overrated edgy garbage. Can't believe I wasted my time reading this. This shit doesn't deserves top ranking
Jan 14, 2021 9:22 PM

Jan 2020
If Pierrot or Toei were to touch Berserk, the golden age arc would be like 100-200 episodes

Jan 14, 2021 9:37 PM

Jul 2020
I don't know but I feel offended that you didn't add Ufoable to the poll.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jan 14, 2021 11:27 PM

Oct 2013
Scordolo said:

Their shiny style doesn't fit berserk.
Jan 15, 2021 12:29 AM

Jul 2020
keragamming said:
Scordolo said:

Their shiny style doesn't fit berserk.

But still they can handle well with gory stuff.Demon slayer wasn't even censored and had so much violence.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jan 15, 2021 3:28 PM

Feb 2019
Everyone thought jojo was unadaptable but David production proved everyone wrong so if they could jojo I’m sure than do berserk.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 376 Discussion

MegamiRem - Yesterday

33 by KoniginElle »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 22 Discussion

Rasco - Dec 3, 2010

30 by MrGutz »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 118 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Nov 6, 2011

20 by wxykz »»
7 hours ago

» Chapter 376 - The End is Near

luckysjjsjsjs - Yesterday

18 by WalterBlack59 »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 8 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Mar 5, 2011

45 by Thegyew »»
Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.