Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 22, 2017 9:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I think this episode was fine. Setting up for the finale admist a feeling of despair. Yuna knows she has to go through the marriage and save the world even if it means costing her own life.

Yuuna is still trying to get everything in order but it's obvious that the supernatural is affecting her. The psychology of this episode hit hard D:

I got a similar feeling compared to the first season in the second half of this episode. The Hero Club wants to help her but also feels helpless.
Got a bad feeling about this invasion thing coming...
Stark700Dec 22, 2017 10:11 AM
Dec 22, 2017 10:40 AM

Apr 2010
A very intense ending.
Seems like the next episode will be very interesting that being said the drama this episode was at a peek Yuuna made a big decision.
I wonder what they will do now seeing all the things that are currently happening around them.
Dec 22, 2017 11:08 AM

May 2012
I love the girls and appreciate the care they're showing for Yuuna, but they had no sense of urgency. Felt bad seeing the discord in the classrrom between Yuuna and the girls, and the amount of stress that's taking the toll on her. Didn't feel good with Yuuna letting it slip out that she substituted for Tougou...

Really intense episode overall. I really, really hope things end well, but with NoWaYu and WaSuYu, I can't imagine a purely happy ending.

Kinda funny how they had the mural of Fu's group at the shrine already though(shown better in the OP_

Anyway, the episode aside, this kinda reminded me of one of Drakengard 1's endings, along with the despair it induced.

Also, I really gotta have the ost now, for the bgm that played during the shrine scene and when everything went to shit. It was so haunting.

Dec 22, 2017 11:36 AM
Jul 2018
Lol at the Taisha going full Human Instrumentality Project.
Dec 22, 2017 11:43 AM

Mar 2012
The fate of Yuuna(s) in every era is always the same. Or is it because Takashima that it become like this? I don't really know.

I also like that how Sonoko and Togou called Aki-sensei out for discarding her human emotion.

Another thing is will the destiny repeat itself and Stardust start falling from the sky to wipe humanity? It's hard to predict really.

Also props to the eerie music when that thing come out whatever that eerie thing is.

Anyway the change in OP is great reflecting the three era of Hero. NoWaYu anime when?

PS: MAL should do better job and change the status to still airing again.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Dec 22, 2017 12:35 PM

Aug 2013
Ugh one more episode of this trainwreck...cannot wait for it to end. I don't know why but this part of the series just really disappointed me. Like the original was okay, WaSuYu was good but this? I can't help but feel disappointed with it. I like the despair set up in this episode though, hoping for a redeeming ending for this series.
Don't believe the hype.
Dec 22, 2017 1:06 PM

Sep 2013
Seriously. If Yuuna don't die like first season it will be very far-fetched.
Dec 22, 2017 1:15 PM
Oct 2017
Was *that* amount of despair necessary. The sudden world-ending felt very artificial somehow
It's as if the author just kept making up more and more excuses to allow for the "there is no other choice"
The worst being that, the way season 1 ended, there's a big possibility that they will STILL give us a deus-ex-machina happy end with nobody harmed. Let's not forget everyone has got the curse rolling deeper so they have to get some incidents incoming right now

The more intense the drama, the more underwhelming a daijobu resolution. My opinion

tldr: powerful emotions but rolled my eyes when the sky turned red
Dec 22, 2017 1:55 PM

Jun 2010
I don't want a happy ending. I realize they're young girls and all that, but they really don't understand what a "hero" is. They want to win and live happily ever after with no sacrifice, no death, no suffering, really, girls? I was so mad at the finale of the first series because they revived Yuna, so if they pull that again I'm gonna call bs on this.

Sacrifices must be made and somehow they know it, they're just egoist enough to think "why me? why not a person I don't know nothing about?" they just care about what's happening because it affects them but if it happened to someone else they wouldn't bat an eye. We'll see what happens next week but I bet we're getting another yet boring happy ending with no consequences.
Dec 22, 2017 2:03 PM
Nov 2017
So, well all hell went loose. Tbh i do not think that Yuuna will necessarily die, because mate its way to cliche cos the series is legit named after her. However I do feel like someone else may die or take her place, idk.
Gaming_QuackDec 22, 2017 2:09 PM
Dec 22, 2017 2:07 PM
Jul 2016
This freaking episode... so good. They've done a great job building up tension and despair, now it's time for the final episode to deliver. please don't cop out on the ending

Jesus... this went from Madoka meets Fluff to Madoka meets Fate meets Notes really fast. Only thing i am unsure about is whether Humanity will survive by evolving into Liners or whether we will go down the Eva route.

mcpw said:

Get in the fucking robot tree Yuuna.
Dec 22, 2017 3:20 PM
Sep 2015
Am I the only one that is drawing parallels to Christianity?

It seems like Yuna is becoming a Jesus Christ-figure, trying to sacrifice herself for the good of others. Also, the way the Amnesty said that people will not be harmed anymore if they are with Shinju-sama reminded me of the book of Revelation in which people will live happily without suffering again.

I apologize if anyone is offended by this, it's just my own opinion and I believe this episode had a deeper meaning beneath.
nifetiseBOYDec 22, 2017 3:26 PM
Dec 22, 2017 3:43 PM

Sep 2011
I should have waited till next week to watch the final episodes. Rolled eyes indeed for the sudden pre-apocalypse-like setting. I don't know how they'll solve this problem, a bad ending sounds possible but I really wish not. The world they're living in is so fucked up.
There was some utilitarianism involved, though I'm really not a fan of sacrifices for the rest of humanity.
Dec 22, 2017 4:08 PM

Mar 2008
Laurine_Andersen said:
I don't want a happy ending. I realize they're young girls and all that, but they really don't understand what a "hero" is. They want to win and live happily ever after with no sacrifice, no death, no suffering, really, girls? I was so mad at the finale of the first series because they revived Yuna, so if they pull that again I'm gonna call bs on this.

Sacrifices must be made and somehow they know it, they're just egoist enough to think "why me? why not a person I don't know nothing about?" they just care about what's happening because it affects them but if it happened to someone else they wouldn't bat an eye. We'll see what happens next week but I bet we're getting another yet boring happy ending with no consequences.

That sort of nonsense is exactly why the conversation at the end is filled with a stupid amount of gravestones. The moment you just give up on saving people is when you are left sitting on a mountain of corpses.

Not sure how you can act like they only care because it affects them. The only reason they know anything is because it affects them. When a stupid secret organization keeps everything in the dark the only people who can possibly react to things are those directly involved.

Sure sounds a lot more heroic to respond to people being sacrificed and tortured for some fake peace. More so than accepting sacrifices as a natural course. You treat sacrifices and loss of life as a last resort, not the first one.

Sounds like the classic type that thinks the only kind of possible consequences requires corpses. Go tell some people suffering from PTSD that they haven't suffered consequences because they aren't dead.
Dec 22, 2017 4:09 PM

Dec 2013
Intense episode. Poor Yuna looked exhausted:(

Not sure if we are getting another forced happy ending but I’m still looking forward to the final episode.
Dec 22, 2017 4:26 PM

Dec 2014
OMG seeing Yuna being so depressed like this hurts me so bad, I really miss her ever-cheerful personality, I couldn't avoid crying in every episode so far, I can only hope Yuna and the Hero Club will be fine and find way so Yuna doesn't have to die.
Dec 22, 2017 4:36 PM
Dec 2017
Cmon guys, we must wait till next year for the last one
Dec 22, 2017 4:54 PM
Jan 2013
Laurine_Andersen said:

Yeah, you are the one that does not know anything , please read more, watch more and live more until you can give a mature explanation and not one of a fourteen edgy teenage.
Dec 22, 2017 5:00 PM
Jan 2013
FlareKnight said:
Laurine_Andersen said:

That sort of nonsense is exactly why the conversation at the end is filled with a stupid amount of gravestones. The moment you just give up on saving people is when you are left sitting on a mountain of corpses.

Not sure how you can act like they only care because it affects them. The only reason they know anything is because it affects them. When a stupid secret organization keeps everything in the dark the only people who can possibly react to things are those directly involved.

Sure sounds a lot more heroic to respond to people being sacrificed and tortured for some fake peace. More so than accepting sacrifices as a natural course. You treat sacrifices and loss of life as a last resort, not the first one.

Sounds like the classic type that thinks the only kind of possible consequences requires corpses. Go tell some people suffering from PTSD that they haven't suffered consequences because they aren't dead.

Finally someone that actually thinks , the majority of the forum appears to be really dumb to accept sacrifice as usual and wants to see little girls dying and suffering because its "the only way"
Dec 22, 2017 5:34 PM

Feb 2008
Sgonofe said:
OMG seeing Yuna being so depressed like this hurts me so bad, I really miss her ever-cheerful personality, I couldn't avoid crying in every episode so far, I can only hope Yuna and the Hero Club will be fine and find way so Yuna doesn't have to die.

Yeah I don't really want to see her keep on despairing with that kind of expressions, quite sad .

Next week is holiday day probably so I doubt there will be anything next week, so it will be quite a waiting.

Merry xmas

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Dec 22, 2017 6:22 PM
Sep 2014
Mai88 said:
I should have waited till next week to watch the final episodes. Rolled eyes indeed for the sudden pre-apocalypse-like setting.

To be fair how could you not expect it when their whole live-able world is surrounded by fire? It was going to happen sooner or later because that's how the situation is.

Yuna better not die and the Taisha should just go off themselves, a bunch of adults sacrificing teens (and younger) is disgusting... AGH! Sick of stupid religious fanatics!

Dec 22, 2017 7:23 PM

Nov 2013
Should've saved this one for later so I can watch 2 last episodes at once. That soundtrack in the end was really good and intense. Post Yuuki Yuuna S1 timeline, no casuality so far(including KuMeYu). I wonder if they'd give us a happy end or bring more despair like NoWaYu did (or even worse *smirk*)

Amburu-Hime said:
The sudden world-ending felt very artificial somehow
It's as if the author just kept making up more and more excuses to allow for the "there is no other choice"

To be fair, Shinju's lifespan and approaching apocalypse has been mentioned many times in the Light Novels (which are prequel to the anime). The novel also mentioned that there's a possibility that Heavenly Gods themselves might descend to the world. It's just that the novel is mostly available only to Japanese watchers, while foreign watchers need to give more effort to read it (or even find it).
JJHRTDDec 22, 2017 7:45 PM
Dec 22, 2017 7:42 PM

Aug 2016
For story sake, Yuuna has to be sacrificed.

BUT NOOO!!! I DON'T WANT ANY OF THIS. T_T

Now I can't wait how this series comes to a resolution.
Dec 22, 2017 11:48 PM
Jul 2018
So I'm confused. Yuna is cursed because she took the place of Togo because she damaged the bridge aka Shinjyu-sama. Now she's sacrificing herself to save everyone because Shinjyu-sama's life is at an end and otherwise everyone dies. Then at the end of this episode they said god is mad because their powers are too close to god. But isn't god Shinjyu-sama? And didn't he give them the powers in the first place?This is all seeming very circular or I'm missing something.
Dec 23, 2017 1:55 AM

Mar 2012
jhechav said:
So I'm confused. Yuna is cursed because she took the place of Togo because she damaged the bridge aka Shinjyu-sama. Now she's sacrificing herself to save everyone because Shinjyu-sama's life is at an end and otherwise everyone dies. Then at the end of this episode they said god is mad because their powers are too close to god. But isn't god Shinjyu-sama? And didn't he give them the powers in the first place?This is all seeming very circular or I'm missing something.
Because the amazon sub is bad. There are two set of God in Yuushaverse. One is Heavenly God and one is Shinjuu an amalgamation of Land God.

Heavenly God is the one who send down Vertex to wipe out humanity and Shinjuu is the one who work with human to stop it.

In the dialogue at the grave they are talking about Ten no Kami which refer to Heavenly God but due to amazon sub it only translated as God.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Dec 23, 2017 2:03 AM

Aug 2013
Laurine_Andersen said:

Sounds like Kiritsugu's way of thinking..

We're Independence Day now..?
Dec 23, 2017 4:32 AM
Jul 2018
jejehartadi said:

To be fair, Shinju's lifespan and approaching apocalypse has been mentioned many times in the Light Novels (which are prequel to the anime). The novel also mentioned that there's a possibility that Heavenly Gods themselves might descend to the world. It's just that the novel is mostly available only to Japanese watchers, while foreign watchers need to give more effort to read it (or even find it).

There is no need to refer to LN content if the content in question is in the show too. People are starting to spread the feeling that you literally cannot understand the show if you don't read the LNs, and that is just not true.

The shinju has been losing leaves for a while now in the show, it was obvious it was not going to be nice.
Dec 23, 2017 8:01 AM
Jul 2018
NeoAnkara said:
jhechav said:
Because the amazon sub is bad. There are two set of God in Yuushaverse. One is Heavenly God and one is Shinjuu an amalgamation of Land God.

Heavenly God is the one who send down Vertex to wipe out humanity and Shinjuu is the one who work with human to stop it.

In the dialogue at the grave they are talking about Ten no Kami which refer to Heavenly God but due to amazon sub it only translated as God.

That makes way more sense! I appreciate the clarification. I hate the Amazon sub too -_-
Dec 23, 2017 8:36 AM
Jul 2018
Understandably they wanna save the finale for later but, man this shit is too depressing although I am keeping my expectations in the mid-way of it. Perhaps due to the fact that the prequel can be considered a build up towards the sequel (in the aspect of the entire situation going on in this series) it might make the most sense when it comes to Yuuna maybe sacrificing herself in the end.

I do believe that will come into play but we will have to see about that. But man this is just toying too much x.xU Kek.
Dec 23, 2017 10:20 AM

May 2016
I wanna get off Takahiro's wild ride

BUT THE RIDE NEVER ENDS
Dec 24, 2017 1:24 AM
Oct 2017
jejehartadi said:

Thanks you for the valuable information
Dec 25, 2017 3:41 PM

Feb 2007
Well, damn... And we thought they had it bad the last time...
Dec 25, 2017 11:49 PM

Oct 2008
DAMN! And here's what I could say! It was EPIC especially the OST of Keichi Okabe!
seems like to me, Aki-sensei is possessed by something? huh?...like she doesn't are anymore of the Yuushas!
So many dramas and shouting but it was solid!
so last episode is fighting again until Yuuki Yuuna sacrifices herself? looks like only despair awaits for the girls huh...
5/5.

Dec 28, 2017 12:48 AM
Dec 2017
How about gin???
No one care
Dec 28, 2017 4:59 PM

May 2015
Oh god, this episode was really intense and depressing....

I have no idea what to expect from the finale, but I sure can't imagine a (full) happy ending....

Dec 29, 2017 12:40 AM

Nov 2011
NeoAnkara said:
jhechav said:

You mean in Japanese Mythology not in Yuushaverse. Yuusha series didn't invent Heavenly Gods and Land Gods, that's just how Jap myth works.

I think it's about time watchers of this series read some basic Jap myth like Amaterasu (Heaven ruler as well as overall ruler of gods), Susano-o, Tsukuyomi, Yatagarasu, Kuniyuzuri etc.
ernstDec 29, 2017 12:52 AM
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Dec 29, 2017 1:26 AM

Mar 2012
ernst said:
NeoAnkara said:

You mean in Japanese Mythology not in Yuushaverse. Yuusha series didn't invent Heavenly Gods and Land Gods, that's just how Jap myth works.

I think it's about time watchers of this series read some basic Jap myth like Amaterasu (Heaven ruler as well as overall ruler of gods), Susano-o, Tsukuyomi, Yatagarasu, Kuniyuzuri etc.
Yes I know about Japanese myth more or less. I've watch and read lot of series that use Japanese myth after all. I also know some famous artifact like Kusanagi no Tsurugi, Yasaki no Magatama and Yata no Kagami.

I'm not saying that Yuushaverse is the one that invent it but what I say is Yuushaverse also use Japanese myth and that amazon sub not conveying it properly.
Dec 29, 2017 1:41 AM

Nov 2011
NeoAnkara said:
ernst said:

Yes I know about Japanese myth more or less. I've watch and read lot of series that use Japanese myth after all. I also know some famous artifact like Kusanagi no Tsurugi, Yasaki no Magatama and Yata no Kagami.

I'm not saying that Yuushaverse is the one that invent it but what I say is Yuushaverse also use Japanese myth and that amazon sub not conveying it properly.

I know that's what happened. Just worried others might misinterpret it.
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Dec 29, 2017 6:23 AM

Nov 2011
No new episode this week.
Dec 29, 2017 10:42 PM

Dec 2016
Literally have no idea what is going to happen. Damn girls cant catch a break in this world where everything is against them
Dec 30, 2017 3:13 PM

Feb 2013
My gosh... when the sky started burning... this is what I've been waiting for.

The whole time they were talking/arguing, I was just thinking they should just HUG Yuuna.

I wonder if their friendship power will be enough to find another solution.

The OP changed. The last 2 images were NOT there before:

(I wonder if there is meaning in there being 5 in the last one instead of 6)

mcpw said:
I was thinking the same thing.
BurntJellyDec 30, 2017 3:23 PM
Jan 5, 2018 10:33 PM

Apr 2011
Seeing sad Yuna is sad. In the end, their only chance if to sacrifice her.

Intense episode and preparation for the final episode.
Jan 21, 2018 10:18 AM

Apr 2014
first i loved how in the op they showed all the generations of the heroes except the one that was even before the first when it ewas just 1 hero and a miko

but wow this ep seriously the Taisha is so full of it no matter what they are always keeping something from the heroes and lying and then not even caring what happens to them and then move on to the next set really messed up

was a nice set up ep for the last ep now lets see how this is gonna end
DazeFireJan 21, 2018 10:23 AM
"one step at a time"
Jan 27, 2018 11:12 AM

Jul 2009
I can't like Taisha for sure...they are sacrificing the girls to keep living.
Mar 6, 2018 1:33 PM

Oct 2012
Fuck you, Shinju-sama, fuck you Taisha, you are just manipulating and using people to keep them on leash. Down with this system.

To think that the world they are living in stoods on hundreds death of innocent girls how can anyone event accept that?

I realize that me getting so annoyed by their so called god and his servants only means this anime did something right because I care about those characters but it still doesn't change the fact that hypocrisy and self-imposed blindness made this society no different from their cruel god.

If anything both Shinju-sama and Taisha had to cease their existence, they deserve it. Merging all humanity with their god doesn't solve anything, they need to stand on their own for what they belive.

I really hope this anime ends with breaking the circle as its the only conclusion it would be right.

The only flaw I found in this episode is that Yuuna was unable to tell their friends but told everything to Taisha wholeheartedly and nothing happened, like logic? Doubt the curse (if there even is one) would be so selective.

May 9, 2018 5:09 PM

Sep 2011
I can sort of understand both sides... If they really can't find any other way, then what choice do they have other than to sacrifice the few for the many? Would the death of everyone else be better? :S It's a tough concept, that's for sure...
To those who say the girls don't know what a hero is: Sure they do, but imagine how hard would it be for you to give up your or your friends/families' life :( Even if it seems to be the only way...

The added painting-like scenes in the opening is great. I'm happy it includes the group which comes from an other LN as well, with each scene going left (and forward in time). I'm also happy that Gin was mentioned here, having been someone who couldn't be brought back :(

Anyway, I'm sure they'll all be saved somehow. At least I hope so :'D My guess is that either the Heavenly Gods will somehow change their minds, or maybe the Shinju-sama will somehow sacrifice itself to save everyone. Though I'm not sure how that would work.
I mean, if it has the power to strengthen itself and bring everyone closer to gods by sacrificing one (special) girl, then surely it can somehow save everyone, right? :'D
RazielZeroMay 9, 2018 5:13 PM
Mar 11, 2019 10:20 PM
Jul 2018
Hero Club go fuck yourselves. What she's doing is pretty reasonable, and everything Yuuna and Aki-sensei said in this episode is right.

Also the Taisha must have a fetish for pissing off the heavenly gods, cuz they really like doing it.

My fucking sides at post #4.

Also people please what's up with everyone being mad at the Taisha? You guys do realize if they don't sacrifice the poor little girls, everyone, including said little girls, will die, right?
removed-userMar 11, 2019 10:36 PM
Apr 7, 2020 8:17 PM

Oct 2007
Certainly, one requirement for joining the Taisha is to become a good liar.
Jan 6, 2022 12:30 PM

Dec 2012
Yuuna and Tougou.
Yuuna's getting married?
Sensei.
Shinju is going to die?
Shinkon.
Die?
Sensei booty.
Dat heated discussion.
Yuuna runs away.
Sensei.
Gin.
Sensei has changed?
Dat warning.
Oh shit! The sky!
What in the Independence Day?
Repel the attack until the Shinkon is complete?
Dat ending.

Dat discussion scene is on fire.

Watch date: 5/2020
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jun 18, 2022 11:26 AM

Feb 2015
They should've just let Tougou destroy the tree last season.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru: Yuusha no Shou Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2017

40 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Nov 24, 2022 8:41 PM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru: Yuusha no Shou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 5, 2018

106 by iDensity »»
Jun 18, 2022 11:55 AM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru: Yuusha no Shou Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2017

44 by Rob »»
Jan 6, 2022 12:28 PM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru: Yuusha no Shou Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2017

42 by Rob »»
Jan 6, 2022 12:27 PM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru: Yuusha no Shou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2017

68 by Rob »»
Jan 6, 2022 12:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.