Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Altair: A Record of Battles
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 15, 2017 9:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mahmut just has this natural leadership aura from these recent episodes imo including this one.

The execution scene was really tough to watch. Damn...it just goes to show that sacrifices happen during conflcts of war. Thought this episode was sad tbh.
Dec 15, 2017 11:54 AM

Jun 2015
The Torqyeans are victorious against the Empire, for now at least. Everyone fought hard to the end. It's unfortunate the director was executed like that. Some people were getting restless and made a rash decision. One more episode left. I'm curious how it's going to end.
Dec 15, 2017 12:01 PM

Jan 2009
Oh come on, Mahmut is not such a softy. I didn't mind so much with all the changes they differed from manga so far but this episode made me so frustrated with how it was executed. They ruined the whole thing with how he dealt with those idiots who killed the director and I was looking forward to that -.- You can read chapter 76 if you are curious btw.
Dec 15, 2017 12:01 PM

Feb 2012
Damn that battle was way too one sided for the Turkiye. They massacered them cutting heads left and right. The blonde girl general said she wants to die in despair but got her head cut off as well. Shit was nuts.

General Pino got his head cut off by Mahmuto Pasha without even putting up a fight. He was a big guy but couldn't block Mahmuto's blade. The short haired girl general got stabbed tho.

Shame that blonde guy got executed like that for no reason as well, his head got chopped off too. Very savage indeed.

Looking forward to the conclusion next week.
Dec 15, 2017 12:37 PM
Mar 2016
Ramkec said:
Damn that battle was way too one sided for the Turkiye. They massacered them cutting heads left and right. The blonde girl general said she wants to die in despair but got her head cut off as well. Shit was nuts.

General Pino got his head cut off by Mahmuto Pasha without even putting up a fight. He was a big guy but couldn't block Mahmuto's blade. The short haired girl general got stabbed tho.

Shame that blonde guy got executed like that for no reason as well, his head got chopped off too. Very savage indeed.

Looking forward to the conclusion next week.

Well actually Pino accepted hisself deaht because He has been blamed to hisself beacuse massacre of Tughril Village.Even though He executed every soldier who attack and kiil villagers he is thinking The Empire most strongest and mighty so massacres does not be in history of The Balt Rhein Empire
http://reader.sensescans.com/read/shoukoku_no_altair/en/14/74/page/3
http://reader.sensescans.com/read/shoukoku_no_altair/en/14/74/page/4
http://reader.sensescans.com/read/shoukoku_no_altair/en/14/74/page/5
http://reader.sensescans.com/read/shoukoku_no_altair/en/14/74/page/32
moonlightknightDec 15, 2017 1:19 PM
Dec 15, 2017 12:41 PM

Jun 2015
Felt very rushed and was so predictable, the empire didnt even put up any meaningfull resistance, so easy resolution this is what I would call plot demanded win....Trying to balance with the director death as expected however most of us probably didnt care about him at all, so very weak attempt, very unbalanced episode, pasha won because plot demanded and of course pitifully animated and most boringly made battle possible, he just wins and the side kicks attempt at philophsy was also laughable, as well the forced drama with director.

Surely this detracts from the final score, could have been lot better, should have been, this is a mess
Dec 15, 2017 12:43 PM

Sep 2013
Turks win decisively and all the attaching commandeers die while the ones at chielo retreat.
Director gets execution but his message is delivered :'(
Dec 15, 2017 12:45 PM

Nov 2013
wow that last second kill...ok then...

damn it is already ending next week =O i wonder if we will have a 2nd season
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Dec 15, 2017 1:08 PM
Jul 2018
Mahmut won yet another battle by trapping them(or I think empires yet made another miscalculation or it was their unfortunate being had to be so sturborn). Now I don't see any ray of hope for Empire to have any sort of good position unless some sort of betrayal takes place within the good guys nations. However, the last half of the show also form a strong bond within their nation after realising their mistake.

Anyway, sad to think that this show is actually going to be over on next episode.. wished it could been another 2 episode longer..
removed-userDec 15, 2017 1:16 PM
Dec 15, 2017 1:31 PM
Sep 2015
What the hell. I'm pretty sure Mahmut incarcerated all the idiots who killed the director.
Dec 15, 2017 1:48 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I hope all the assholes who killed the director get to taste the Iron Maiden or another torture mechanism of the same scale.

Why couldn't we see more of minister Louis salty tears when finding out his army was bested? Let us have a bit of gloat after all the beatings Torkye has taken.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 15, 2017 5:55 PM
Mar 2016
Why do people call the people that killed the director idiots and wants to give them an agonizing death can you blame them they were hungry and when people are hungry they tend to revolt can you guys tell that group of people that hey we know your family is dying of hunger and and your baby is dead but lets fight on even if more of your family dies its a fight to live and if surrender can get them some food and increase the chance their family would live then theyll surrender their leader none of them could have predicted the OP Mahamut would return or the empire will retreat the same day they were at their limits what do you expect them to do eat their dead cause thats what happened to Stalingrad in WW2 and there wasnt an onion knight who can supply salted pork and onions

What the hell empire youve got pikes all you have to do was point your pointy sticks to those cavalry and it would been a devastating charge for them every thing is one sided i didnt even see one lost from the Torqye side its like the empires heavy infantry is made of cardboard armor and their shield is made of plywood whats the point of having a defensive unit if they could never defend themselves
Dec 15, 2017 6:38 PM

Jul 2009
jomarggg said:
Why do people call the people that killed the director idiots and wants to give them an agonizing death can you blame them they were hungry and when people are hungry they tend to revolt can you guys tell that group of people that hey we know your family is dying of hunger and and your baby is dead but lets fight on even if more of your family dies its a fight to live and if surrender can get them some food and increase the chance their family would live then theyll surrender their leader none of them could have predicted the OP Mahamut would return or the empire will retreat the same day they were at their limits what do you expect them to do eat their dead cause thats what happened to Stalingrad in WW2 and there wasnt an onion knight who can supply salted pork and onions

Yes I can fucking blame them! They are fully aware what kind of nation they are in. A nation BUILT on helping refugees and yet they have the nerve to fight amongst each other and wish the refugees weren't let in.

I'd understand a little better if maybe the news of victory really didn't come but they were told that they were winning and that relief would come soon yet they decided that was a lie and killed the kind hearted director. Even after his speech. Cold-blooded killers is what they are! How can you dare ask why people are angry at them?

Also they're solution of handing over the director wasn't even guaranteed to work. This the the Empire they're dealing with. Even if temporary relief came from surrendering who's to say they wouldn't have been subjected to unimaginable hardships after?
Laetaita said:
Oh come on, Mahmut is not such a softy. I didn't mind so much with all the changes they differed from manga so far but this episode made me so frustrated with how it was executed. They ruined the whole thing with how he dealt with those idiots who killed the director and I was looking forward to that -.- You can read chapter 76 if you are curious btw.

...omg just read it, the tone is so different! What's the reasoning for changing this? The anime makes Mahmut seem so much more understanding and forlorn. The manga version is much more passionate and decisive. (And if the anime had played out like the manga I wouldn't feel so upset still. I feel like the director just got murdered and there's no true retribution for it. Poor guy.)
InugirlzDec 15, 2017 6:44 PM
Dec 15, 2017 6:47 PM
Mar 2016
Inugirlz said:
jomarggg said:

Yes I can fucking blame them! They are fully aware what kind of nation they are in. A nation BUILT on helping refugees and yet they have the nerve to fight amongst each other and wish the refugees weren't let in.

I'd understand a little better if maybe the news of victory really didn't come but they were told that they were winning and that relief would come soon yet they decided that was a lie and killed the kind hearted director. Even after his speech. Cold-blooded killers is what they are! How can you dare ask why people are angry at them?

Also they're solution of handing over the director wasn't even guaranteed to work. This the the Empire they're dealing with. Even if temporary relief came from surrendering who's to say they wouldn't have been subjected to unimaginable hardships after?

But relief didnt come soon in fact we know this cause people are dying theyre empty stomach is dictating their every decisions and the people im talking about whose been calling them idiots and wants them to suffer an agonizing fate are the fans who watches this show the same fans who called out the Phonike leader on not surrendering and not the in universe people of Chielo just to be clear
Dec 15, 2017 6:57 PM

Jun 2008
Laetaita said:
Yessssssssss omg I'm so annoyed with that part that I came here to vent. It just changed the tone and story. I wonder why the animators decided to do that - to make his character a softy??
Dec 15, 2017 7:01 PM

Jul 2009
jomarggg said:

But relief didnt come soon in fact we know this cause people are dying theyre empty stomach is dictating their every decisions and the people im talking about whose been calling them idiots and wants them to suffer an agonizing fate are the fans who watches this show the same fans who called out the Phonike leader on not surrendering and not the in universe people of Chielo just to be clear

Well it's not exactly clear how much time has passed since the victory signals went up although the old lady at the beginning did say "not too long ago" but that's still too inexcusable. They're at war and they know the Torqyes were some distance away fighting a WAR. Just how fast did they really expect relief would come?

For that matter even if they surrendered to the empire how would they get immediate relief? Were they expecting the Empire to share what little food they brought even though technically they'd still be at war with the Anti-Empire Alliance and therefore would need their own food supplies?

For sure I feel bad for them suffering. People were starving. People were dying. But so were the people out fighting a war for them. Maybe just maybe if ALL of Chielo (or the vast majority) decided on this mutiny they'd be at least a little more justified but people in their city were against their revolt because they saw reason. They really think their little mob is more right than everyone else? But that's a different argument. History has alway been moved by the actions of few.
Dec 15, 2017 7:24 PM

Jun 2014
I checked out this episode's manga counterpart and wow, what's the point of completely changing Mahmut's character? It just makes him seem lame.

Well the fighting is over, and as expected, Mahmut's side won. It's a shame that the Director died for no reason.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 15, 2017 8:10 PM

Jan 2014
thebrentinator24 said:
I checked out this episode's manga counterpart and wow, what's the point of completely changing Mahmut's character? It just makes him seem lame.

Well the fighting is over, and as expected, Mahmut's side won. It's a shame that the Director died for no reason.

Can you tell me what he did in the manga in a spoiler?

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Dec 15, 2017 8:52 PM

Jun 2014
Zelev said:
thebrentinator24 said:

People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 15, 2017 9:32 PM

Jan 2013
Mahmut finished his job! The last episodes were really good.
We can't blame those guys, neither can say that they are innocent, but still, it was a sad moment watching him die basically for nothing.
Would it be too much to ask for a 2nd season? :D
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Dec 15, 2017 11:08 PM

May 2015
Well that's a shock. At least this anime has balls. But I don't blame those who are upset with the changes from the Manga. I expected Mahmut to give those traitors a mean glare. Then again, I can understand what they were feeling from their point of view. It's war. Shit happens.
Dec 15, 2017 11:14 PM

Feb 2016
I gave a 2/5 for this episode and I have read all you guys' messages.

First of all, about Chielo, both of you are right. At desperate times, fear and hunger can rule people. Some citizens of the city chose the easy way, actually; giving the director to enemy and surrender. What stupid army could share their survival rations; food, with the enemy. Didn't the empire burn down the villages?

And who to blame? Couldn't Mahmut see this possibility and take counter-measures? Or he took some measures and left his subordinates in the city and they failed. But, at the end, he realized the situation in the city and he is taking the control of the city for a while.

As I said, I gave 2/5, because they show us how bad the empire commanders act or fight their battles. I mean, until now I have supported Mahmut's side, but they are making a very bad showing of the empire side. It is an EMPIRE!, man. An empire's army commanders never be stupid, never act stupid.

The first blonde commander is killed ridiculously, as she never has battle experience, the same goes to my Pino The Crackhead and lastly Kokoschka is just killed while sitting on her horse. At empires, everyone; soldier, commander, strategist, tactician doesn't give up and keep fighting.

The worse is that what anime showed us is almost same with what manga told. It is a bad execution of episode by the manga artist/writer . Until this episode, at least there was a clumsy balance between Empire's side and Torquye's side, resembling to a little bit the power balance in Legend of Galactic Heroes.

I will follow the manga, I still hope that the empire will be ruthless from now on.

Dec 16, 2017 12:33 AM

Jun 2015
araneathedragoon said:

First of all, about Chielo, both of you are right. At desperate times, fear and hunger can rule people. Some citizens of the city chose the easy way, actually; giving the director to enemy and surrender. What stupid army could share their survival rations; food, with the enemy. Didn't the empire burn down the villages?

And who to blame? Couldn't Mahmut see this possibility and take counter-measures? Or he took some measures and left his subordinates in the city and they failed. But, at the end, he realized the situation in the city and he is taking the control of the city for a while.

As I said, I gave 2/5, because they show us how bad the empire commanders act or fight their battles. I mean, until now I have supported Mahmut's side, but they are making a very bad showing of the empire side. It is an EMPIRE!, man. An empire's army commanders never be stupid, never act stupid.

The first blonde commander is killed ridiculously, as she never has battle experience, the same goes to my Pino The Crackhead and lastly Kokoschka is just killed while sitting on her horse. At empires, everyone; soldier, commander, strategist, tactician doesn't give up and keep fighting.

The worse is that what anime showed us is almost same with what manga told. It is a bad execution of episode by the manga artist/writer . Until this episode, at least there was a clumsy balance between Empire's side and Torquye's side, resembling to a little bit the power balance in Legend of Galactic Heroes.

I will follow the manga, I still hope that the empire will be ruthless from now on.

Excellent review, this episode as whole was very unbalanced and extremely one sided, total victory for Torqueye's side without any losses whatsoever, the "worst" was that the director got killed. But unfortunately otherwise was really child like story
Dec 16, 2017 5:18 AM

Oct 2013
Inugirlz said:
jomarggg said:

Well it's not exactly clear how much time has passed since the victory signals went up although the old lady at the beginning did say "not too long ago" but that's still too inexcusable. They're at war and they know the Torqyes were some distance away fighting a WAR. Just how fast did they really expect relief would come?

For that matter even if they surrendered to the empire how would they get immediate relief? Were they expecting the Empire to share what little food they brought even though technically they'd still be at war with the Anti-Empire Alliance and therefore would need their own food supplies?

For sure I feel bad for them suffering. People were starving. People were dying. But so were the people out fighting a war for them. Maybe just maybe if ALL of Chielo (or the vast majority) decided on this mutiny they'd be at least a little more justified but people in their city were against their revolt because they saw reason. They really think their little mob is more right than everyone else? But that's a different argument. History has alway been moved by the actions of few.

^Pretty much this. Though I must say it tilted me how they just HAD to kill the director moments before news that the Empire was retreating arrived. They could've at least been thankful to the director for opening the gates of Chielo to them when they couldn't live elsewhere. The guy gives them a shot at life, a freaking peaceful one at that, and they can't even show their gratitude by sparing his life. But he's at fault for not taking more precautions against this too. The average Joe shouldn't be expected to keep cool with hunger & fear addling his brain and when they come to their sense again, it might be too late.
Dec 16, 2017 5:38 AM

Feb 2016
(No spoilers)

I have read chapters of manga, starting from this episode 23; chapter 74 to chapter 101. I am putting my fanboyism aside on this manga/anime and will try to reflect my thoughts.

There is a good side and an evil side as we know it; but evil side isn't doing its job; they are not bad enough. Louis, the mapmaker, I have sympathy for him; truly I have sympathy for him. I will not spoil what is going on in the manga, It seems very lame ongoing to me.

I know old Turkish/Ottoman history and sometimes while reading the manga version; I see that the author inspired from two big sieges happened in real history.

At chapter 101 (currently last translated chapter), the things are twisting here and there.

I will go wild from here and say that we will witness the raising of the real evil character than our current beloved evil character. At the same time, Mahmut Pasha will find what he wishes for his country, his comrades and his life, he will prevail his resolution and join forces with the remnants of royal family.

or the series will end soon and I will get a Jormungand deja vu.

Dec 16, 2017 6:03 AM

Sep 2016
I'm pretty sure Mahmut supposed to execute those idiots who executed the director
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Dec 16, 2017 6:21 AM
Mar 2016
araneathedragoon said:
(No spoilers)

I have read chapters of manga, starting from this episode 23; chapter 74 to chapter 101. I am putting my fanboyism aside on this manga/anime and will try to reflect my thoughts.

There is a good side and an evil side as we know it; but evil side isn't doing its job; they are not bad enough. Louis, the mapmaker, I have sympathy for him; truly I have sympathy for him. I will not spoil what is going on in the manga, It seems very lame ongoing to me.

I know old Turkish/Ottoman history and sometimes while reading the manga version; I see that the author inspired from two big sieges happened in real history.

At chapter 101 (currently last translated chapter), the things are twisting here and there.

I will go wild from here and say that we will witness the raising of the real evil character than our current beloved evil character. At the same time, Mahmut Pasha will find what he wishes for his country, his comrades and his life, he will prevail his resolution and join forces with the remnants of royal family.

or the series will end soon and I will get a Jormungand deja vu.

Okay in this series there is no evil characters everybody doing some own reasons.
I'm totally want to why Louis do this ?
Dec 16, 2017 11:11 AM
Oct 2007
thebrentinator24 said:

I actually prefered the manga version for his character development. Isn't it going to get more complicated for Chielo if these group of people are spared?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 16, 2017 11:16 AM
Mar 2017
It only needs 1 chapter to finish, what the heck. ._.
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Dec 16, 2017 3:53 PM

Jul 2009
ManlyTear said:
Inugirlz said:

^Pretty much this. Though I must say it tilted me how they just HAD to kill the director moments before news that the Empire was retreating arrived. They could've at least been thankful to the director for opening the gates of Chielo to them when they couldn't live elsewhere. The guy gives them a shot at life, a freaking peaceful one at that, and they can't even show their gratitude by sparing his life. But he's at fault for not taking more precautions against this too. The average Joe shouldn't be expected to keep cool with hunger & fear addling his brain and when they come to their sense again, it might be too late.

As much as I loathe defending those scoundrels, I think you're slightly confused. I don't think the ones that killed the director and the mob revolting were the most recent refugees. I think they were the descendents of PREVIOUS refugees that are unhappy with the fact the director allowed so many new refugees in (they're just hypocritical and turned their backs on their own roots).

And for sure the director was stupid to be so careless. But then that was his personality. He wasn't even angry he got killed. Speaking rubbish about how people are still attaining happiness or some shit even tho they're fighting a war because that's what they choose or something. I don't know he spewed a lot of fanciful thoughts. He still didn't deserve what he got though :(
araneathedragoon said:

I don't really wanna defend the story because I definitely see flaws but I'm gonna disagree on a bit of what you reviewed.

First let me agree with the first point. I said as much, just how did they expect relief to come so fast by surrendering? Dumbasses gave in to fear and acted irrationally.

But the part about Mahmut being to blame (I think that's what you were saying) I disagree with. Like you said he did put in counter measures by leaving his most loyal (and skilled) companions behind. And I honestly think that was enough on his part. From the beginning he was told that Chielo survives to this day because the people are generous and know their roots. If it was the new refugees that rioted I'd understand a bit more but it was Chielo's own regulars that caused the commotion. I think it's fair that Mahmut put his faith in them. Some amount of trust is necessary for alliances. Sure there is probably more he could've done but I don't think we should expect him to solve everything. He's not fighting this war alone. The blame mostly lies with the director tbh. He should know his own people and not just have fanciful thoughts. He shouldn't protected himself someway or done something more to calm the unrest. Unfortunately he paid for these faults with his life :(

Finally the empire. Personally I can't stand their tactics. Because they have a history of dominating and being undefeated, in the face of defeat, instead of a tactful retreat they fought till the death. They completely understood 100% that they weren't gonna win but instead of valuing human life they put pride above all else and basically committed suicide. The soldiers just went along with what the commanders said. If they were truly given a choice they would've retreated or surrendered--but no, EMPIRE PRIDE!

The death of the commander and other generals was lame tho. They really didn't go out with a bang (like they probably intended to) but I'll pardon the female blonde tactician. You say she was just killed sitting on her horse but it's pretty clear she was simply a strategist. Nothing indicates she knows how to fight so her pointlessly rushing out is dumb. She accepted her death and I think that's fine.
InugirlzDec 16, 2017 4:11 PM
Dec 16, 2017 4:48 PM

Oct 2013
Inugirlz said:

As much as I loathe defending those scoundrels, I think you're slightly confused. I don't think the ones that killed the director and the mob revolting were the most recent refugees. I think they were the descendents of PREVIOUS refugees that are unhappy with the fact the director allowed so many new refugees in (they're just hypocritical and turned their backs on their own roots).

Well yea, even as descendents they should've still be thankful at least to the point where they don't kill their benefactor >>
Dec 16, 2017 5:39 PM

Jul 2009
ManlyTear said:
Inugirlz said:

Well yea, even as descendents they should've still be thankful at least to the point where they don't kill their benefactor >>

Thankful probably to the country's existence, but not necessarily to the director. He wasn't around when the country was founded, he's just the current selected leader. But I digress, my truest belief is that they should all die -.- Killing him was terrible.
Dec 16, 2017 10:01 PM

Apr 2016
Violence lvl over 9000
BRAWLERS
Dec 16, 2017 10:25 PM

Dec 2012
No, no, just NO! The pieces of shit just killed the kindest guy in the series for nothing. Unbelievable! R.I.P Carvajal. I genuinely thought Abiriga was gonna save him in time...
Dec 17, 2017 5:51 AM

May 2017
thebrentinator24 said:
Zelev said:

Dec 17, 2017 4:29 PM

Jan 2009
Man the mood at the end was completely different from the manga.
Here here it was all somber and dignified, with the directors death bringing Cielo back together.
In the manga they were literally running around with the directors severed head. Not to mention Mahmut was actually angry, instead of "oh okay that's sad ya know".
Like here he just kinda off-handedly states that Cielo can't covern itself, in the manga he just gives an outright order to resign their right to self-govern.

Like this ep just completely lacks the impact that the manga had. Our boy Mahmut just seems like a weaker character and for some they added a positive twist of reuniting Cielo to the directors death.
Manga-Directors death was tragic and pointless, but they don't try to sugarcoat it.
Anime-They just pull this "his death wasn't in vain" cop out.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Dec 17, 2017 6:40 PM
Jul 2017
araneathedragoon said:

Do you remember what sieges it is based on? Thanks.

I think this episode was poorly paced, but I'm just interested in this historical period, so it's still fun to watch.
...but then again, I unironically like Warau Salesman.
Dec 17, 2017 7:00 PM

Feb 2016
PastFuturist said:
araneathedragoon said:

I think this episode was poorly paced, but I'm just interested in this historical period, so it's still fun to watch.

Siege/Battle of Vienna and Constantinople at that time.
Dec 19, 2017 5:09 AM

Oct 2008
Too very bad the timing was totally wrong and director Elbach was a loss that shouldn't even happened! grrr these things make me angry. can't defy fate.
5/5.

Dec 19, 2017 1:33 PM

Jan 2016
How could this happen! Not fkn Carvajal!
Dec 21, 2017 8:26 AM

Jun 2015
I can't believe the director died in that way. I don't care what they say it was pointless.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Dec 22, 2017 4:50 AM

Nov 2016
One could say that the Director dug his own grave,it's still honorable that he kept his principles close to him till the very end.

Glad that his message came across.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 22, 2017 7:37 AM

Dec 2014
Overwhelming victory for Torqye was great to watch.

Those retarded peasants who executed the director need to be put down, that was just completely stupid of them. The director was a kind man and he truly did his best for the people of Chielo, to execute him in cold blood like that was absolutely stupid. Can't believe they might actually get away with it.

At least the director's message got through. :(
Dec 22, 2017 1:08 PM

Aug 2013
A decisive victory for Torqye.

It's a shame that the director had to die like that.

Dec 24, 2017 10:22 PM

Dec 2015
What a stupid episode. They outright murder the leader of the entire country and they get off with "oh don't blame them, they don't know what they're doing." I was really hoping someone would assassinate them or that they'd get executed at the very least. Just because you're scared and feel surrender is your only hope, insurrection and treason isn't an excusable offense. If they so desperately wanted to surrender they should have surrendered themselves up; it doesn't seem so unlikely considering they have practically free reign of the country running around and hiding every which way.
Dec 27, 2017 8:02 AM
Jul 2017
araneathedragoon said:
PastFuturist said:

Siege/Battle of Vienna and Constantinople at that time.

Thanks, I'll check that out!
...but then again, I unironically like Warau Salesman.
Aug 29, 2018 4:56 PM

Jun 2011
watching the part where the Director gives his speech right now and all I can think of is that this fkin village have a lot of kevin durants, fkin sneks with no loyalty. Can we stop having so many in-fighting just to handicap the good guys? At least have a good reason to fkin warrant killing your benefactor who's done so much for the city, fkin ungrateful bastards.

dumb villagers always ruin a good show, just like how it almost did for Reikenzan season 2 (glad there's not much focus on that part tho)

back to the episode..

edit: bro wtf they really went ahead with the execution and beheaded the director? WTF fk them for real
edit2: sad episode.. rip Director, damn he was a good character, kinda like Mahmut who's kind to his people but can be cold hearted when his people are threatened. I am beyond pissed with the Chielo people.. let's be real all they cared about was their own food source, nobody gave a damn about the city of Chielo as a whole.. all that grand talk about thinking for the city of Chielo makes me want to puke.
ToG25thBaamAug 29, 2018 5:05 PM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Dec 10, 2023 10:48 PM

Dec 2022
At time of difficulty the citizens showed their backs while they also are a group of refugees who stayed in Chielo for decades but yeah the leader Carbahjal fulfilled his duty by saving them...cant wait to see the results of the war.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shoukoku no Altair Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2017

60 by antoninus_v »»
Dec 11, 2023 8:49 PM

Poll: » Shoukoku no Altair Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2017

41 by antoninus_v »»
Dec 10, 2023 5:43 AM

Poll: » Shoukoku no Altair Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2017

42 by antoninus_v »»
Dec 8, 2023 11:58 PM

Poll: » Shoukoku no Altair Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2017

46 by antoninus_v »»
Dec 4, 2023 6:41 PM

Poll: » Shoukoku no Altair Episode 19 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2017

28 by antoninus_v »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:24 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.