Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Welcome to the Ballroom
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 9, 2017 9:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooh, the psychology of this episode was interesting to take in from Tatara's point of view.

He still seems very passionate about his dancing on the stage. Similar to the previous episodes, I like how the details that show their dances. The audience seems to be attracted to their talent too.

Masami's so damn talented too.
Dec 9, 2017 11:51 AM

Feb 2011
I'll probably kill myself knowing that after this season it will take a loooooong while for a new season since they ran out of source material. I kept getting goosebumps throughout the entire episode, very well executed.
Dec 9, 2017 11:56 AM

Dec 2014
So is all this anime original?

Good episode again, it's pretty cool to see Chinatsu and Tatara in full form.
Sengoku calling Tatara to rile him up was great and like how his advice translated directly into what Chinatsu told him later.

Kugimiya's backstory here was great but I started liking Idogawa a lot more after we saw her perspective in Kugimiya's story. Loved the part where she covered for Kugimya's miss and the final part where Kugimiya told her he was happy she was here. :)

Final three dances for our finale, it's gonna be lit.
Dec 9, 2017 11:57 AM

Apr 2016
For the final episode next week i'm expecting big ass chakra explosions.

Lelouch0202 said:

Isn't the author directly involved in the final episodes ?
Dec 9, 2017 11:59 AM

Jun 2008
The next to last episode... I am seriously going to miss this series a lot. Such an exceptionally incredible anime.

Everything in this episode was perfect. I especially loved when Sengoku called Tatara to cheer him on from afar.
Dec 9, 2017 12:02 PM

Nov 2016
Kugimiyas determination and respect for his former teacher are surely impressive.

Next week already the last episode,fuck noooo :'( But it's going to be a blast for sure.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 9, 2017 12:10 PM

Jun 2015
It was very nice of Sengoku to call Tatara and said that he's watching him, but in reality he's not in Japan xD He knows that Tatara is the type that gets excited when someone's watching him. Got to see some backstory for Idogawa. I loved it when she covered for Kugimya and when he said he's happy she was here. One more episode left. Let's see how this ends.
Dec 9, 2017 12:17 PM

Apr 2014
Swagernator said:

Lelouch0202 said:

the anime is gonna adapt this months manga chapter, where it is confirmed that a special ship has sailed
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Dec 9, 2017 12:23 PM

Mar 2014
AcceleratorAngel said:
Swagernator said:

the anime is gonna adapt this months manga chapter, where it is confirmed that a special ship has sailed

I was looking forward to tatara and chinatsu's heart to heart talk and tatara's manly words and gesture that really touched chinatsu but they skipped it. :(
Dec 9, 2017 12:23 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
It was a surprise!!! kekeke
Dec 9, 2017 12:29 PM

Apr 2014
kay91 said:
AcceleratorAngel said:

I was looking forward to tatara and chinatsu's heart to heart talk and tatara's manly words and gesture that really touched chinatsu but they skipped it. :(

maybe they rearranged the scenes for next week, to make the climax bigger u know what i mean.
-Accelerator-

Dec 9, 2017 12:30 PM

Mar 2016
only one episode left ;-;
Dec 9, 2017 12:36 PM

Jul 2012
The flower and frame again eh? Interesting metaphor. Looked like a seed sprouting into a flower. Or to put it another way, Chinatsu blossoming from within Tatara.
Dec 9, 2017 12:37 PM

Sep 2015
How much this was original anime? whole episode? it was good.
Into the Internet!
Dec 9, 2017 12:40 PM

Apr 2014
ZBlastHistory said:
How much this was original anime? whole episode? it was good.

no they adapted heat 43-45 if the chalter numbering is correct.
next week they're gonna adapt the rest of chapter 45 and this months new chapter which has a big revelation regarding
, and the author is also working with the anime staff to make a draft for the ending, cause the author is ill and has to take many breaks because of it.
-Accelerator-

Dec 9, 2017 12:43 PM

Mar 2014
AcceleratorAngel said:
kay91 said:

maybe they rearranged the scenes for next week, to make the climax bigger u know what i mean.

I have noticed that the anime has been leaving out all the "shippy" moments so I'm not that confident that they will animate tatara x chinatsu moments from ch 45 and 46. I hope you're right though!
Dec 9, 2017 12:46 PM

Apr 2014
kay91 said:
AcceleratorAngel said:

I have noticed that the anime has been leaving out all the "shippy" moments so I'm not that confident that they will animate tatara x chinatsu moments from ch 45 and 46. I hope you're right though!

nah, i thought that they left out the romance moments with shizuku, am personally was happy with he development (tatarachinatsu shiper), still i have hope for the chi x tatara ship cause the new chapter more than confirmed it, and they should adapt it next week. also the op of the anime makes me extremely holeful for the last ep (chixtatara centric also the ed)
-Accelerator-

Dec 9, 2017 1:14 PM

Jun 2014
It was nice of Sengoku to hype up Tatara like that and give him some more motivation.

There was some focus on Idogawa this episode, which was nice since so far she hasn't really provided much to the series. She was always just kind of there for the sole purpose of being Kugimiya's partner, but I'm glad she helped Kugimiya get his shit together.

Well the time has finally come to say goodbye to this show, hopefully our main pair can finish these last three dances strong and send this show off in a great way.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 9, 2017 1:49 PM
Dec 2015
One more episode. What am I going to replace this gem with?
Dec 9, 2017 2:32 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode.
Nice of Sengoku to call up Tatara & give him some advice.
LOL he's not actually there.

The Tatara pair are a joy to watch. Even the audience are amazed.
Kugimiya having a bit of trouble, but he pushes through.

Final ep next week. Can't wait.

"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Dec 9, 2017 2:35 PM
Jan 2017
Lelouch0202 said:

Sengoku calling Tatara to rile him up was great and like how his advice translated directly into what Chinatsu told him later.

Kugimiya's backstory here was great but I started liking Idogawa a lot more after we saw her perspective in Kugimiya's story. Loved the part where she covered for Kugimya's miss and the final part where Kugimiya told her he was happy she was here. :)

"The plan was to have both anime and manga to converge at the end of the Metropolitan tournament but, due to delays to the manga, the anime will end up overtaking it. While I haven't written down what happens, the production has heard my wishes" - Takeuchi Tomo

There were also some scenes from the manga that were cut, especially that incident where Kugimiya elbowed Tatara in the face and the last phrase Tatara said which was "To me, Chii-chan is".
Dec 9, 2017 2:37 PM

Sep 2010
Idogawa turns out to be pretty badass - those few minutes of spotlight she got this episode was enough to prove that

I'm gonna miss this anime
Dec 9, 2017 3:09 PM

Oct 2008
gosh darn, only one more episode... really gonna miss this anime

Lets wish for mangakas speedy recovery and get excited for some fresh ballroom dancin in the future!
Dec 9, 2017 3:47 PM

Dec 2014
Aed said:
Lelouch0202 said:

"The plan was to have both anime and manga to converge at the end of the Metropolitan tournament but, due to delays to the manga, the anime will end up overtaking it. While I haven't written down what happens, the production has heard my wishes" - Takeuchi Tomo

There were also some scenes from the manga that were cut, especially that incident where Kugimiya elbowed Tatara in the face and the last phrase Tatara said which was "To me, Chii-chan is".

That's cool, thanks. :)
Dec 9, 2017 6:35 PM

Dec 2015
Oh my gosh, this episode was amazing!

I love how they revealed more about Tatara's illusion and how he's finally realised that heavy weight was Chinatsu becoming an extension of his lead. The plot development for Kugimiya also was paced really well, this is going to be a tug of war between the two pairs - Tatara + Chi chan better win this :)

Start of cour 2 wasn't great but they've really picked things up - easily my fave show of this season.
~
Dec 9, 2017 8:43 PM

May 2015
Idogawa felt left out compared to the rest of the cast, so I'm glad she got some screen time here. I wonder how much makeup Idogawa has to put on to hide all of her freckles...

And yay Sengoku for the save! Viennese Waltz though. Something that the Kugimiya pair excels in while the Fujita pair has little experience with it. One more episode to go, so go for broke!
Dec 9, 2017 9:54 PM

Jan 2014
Got some backstory on the taller duo. Now I feel attached to both. lasdfjdaslfjad

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Dec 9, 2017 11:24 PM

Dec 2014
I guess it has become exciting.... one episode left..I still want the fujita pair to win...but I doubt they will win
Dec 10, 2017 12:44 AM

Dec 2011
I'm not ready for it to end and this time i don't know what will happen.
Dec 10, 2017 12:48 AM

Jan 2013
Making ballroom dance about as exciting as it can be. Liked the visual representation of the pair become one being.
Dec 10, 2017 12:55 AM
Jun 2016
I really want tatara's family to find out, I doubt we will get time next episode.
Dec 10, 2017 1:15 AM
Jun 2009
I liked how they smoothly fixed the wrong man/women sides from manga when Tatara and Chinatsu entered the dance floor.
Dec 10, 2017 4:02 AM

Feb 2014
A lot of respect for Kugimiya Masami!!!

And the finale's next week!! Gonna miss 'em!!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Dec 10, 2017 4:33 AM

Jan 2016
It's really awesome how well this anime has progressed. At the beginning I remember everybody, including myself, complaining about the non-animated dances, but we now actually get a lot of movements.

Unfortunately, next week will be the last episode
Dec 10, 2017 5:20 AM

Feb 2014
The first two dances of the final was pretty exciting. Tatara and Chinatsu wowed the audience with their lovely performance for the first dance, but Kugimiya and Idogawa was unbeatable for the second dance, the Tango. It was good for Idogawa to help Kuigimiya keep his balance up after he got leg cramp, then afterwards, they both took off like a bullet and left the audience and judges amazed.

Honestly, I'm not sure who will win the finals. Although I want Tatara and Chinatsu to win, I won't have any complains if Kugimiya and Idogawa win overall. Besides, winning the finals would mark an excellent comeback for Kugimiya after his accident two years prior.

Speaking of which, it was nice to see for insight into the past with the focus on Idogawa this time and how she paired up with Kugimiya while juggling college studies and a part-time job. She might call dancing a hobby, but her commitment is remarkable and should not be dismissed at all. =)

Not to forget, seeing Sengoku once again was really nice to see. Although he's still out of Japan with his dance partner, his call gave Tatara a big motivational boost for the finals.

Looking forward to the final episode a lot. =D
Dec 10, 2017 7:34 AM

Dec 2016
The final decision... who's gonna win? I would like if it's the Tatara pair, but it might be the Kugimiya pair ending first place.
Both of them are already winners for coming this far in top two ^^ I wonder who's gonna bring the glorious trophy home? X3

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Dec 10, 2017 7:50 AM
Oct 2007
The latest 2 episodes gave me goosebump just like the first half of the series. Can't wait to watch the last episode and sad that one of my most anticipated show of the season is ending!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 10, 2017 12:28 PM

Dec 2016
pretty nice , waiting for the last episode !
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Dec 10, 2017 3:05 PM

Apr 2012
Tatara's little fanboying over Sengoku was hella adorable. xD
Dec 10, 2017 3:15 PM

Jan 2011
This ending next week is seriously depressing. A great episode. A damn shame it would be several years into the future if we ever got a part 2 for this very interesting title.
IZEROIIDec 10, 2017 3:20 PM
Dec 10, 2017 3:31 PM

Oct 2017
Some evangelion type shit going on here.

Also, anybody notice chi, her mom and siblings are all gingers, except her father? So either it was a remarriage or he’s a cuck.
Dec 11, 2017 2:20 AM
Oct 2015
Time flies when you're having fun especially with anime, it's unfortunate that next week is the last episode.
Heckle was here...
Dec 11, 2017 2:34 AM

Nov 2016
I'm rather miffed that this anime has one episode to go. I've thoroughly enjoyed it so far.

Bölvat es okkr, bróðir,
bani em ek þinn orðinn;
þat mun æ uppi;
illr er dómr norna.
-Hlöðskviða
(The Battle of the Goths and Huns)
Dec 11, 2017 2:30 PM

Nov 2008
man this was a really good episode. it just can't believe that its coming to an end, I really hope they do another season for this.

Was surprised though to hear "Sing Sing Sing" by Benny Goodman in this, but then again should have kind of expected it.

Dec 11, 2017 11:18 PM

Oct 2008
Good thing Sengoku called Fujita at the right time so that he he could get his hopes-up and perform better on the competition!
2nd part was the comeback of Kugimiya in their Tango dance!
looks like next episode will be trouble for Tatara & Chinatsu cuz they didn't know about Viennese Waltz!?
4/5.

Dec 12, 2017 6:15 PM

Mar 2009
dasprn said:
A lot of respect for Kugimiya Masami!!!

And the finale's next week!! Gonna miss 'em!!

Who knew Kugimiya would end up being one of the stand-out characters! I like his gorgeous partner too. She's cool.
Dec 13, 2017 1:01 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Then, 1 left and this season end :/
Dec 13, 2017 8:39 PM

May 2017
AcceleratorAngel said:
kay91 said:

yeah but, higher the expectations bigger is the disappointment =_=
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 14, 2017 12:23 PM

Aug 2013
Nice to see Idogawa getting some screen time. The comeback from Kugimiya & Idogawa pair in the Tango dance was great.

Tatara and Chinatsu will be in trouble since they didn't practice the Viennese Waltz. Hope they can pull it off.

Dec 16, 2017 7:08 PM

Jul 2012
The Tatara and Sengoku scene was great. Lying and not actually being there is so much like him 😂
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ballroom e Youkoso Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2017

173 by Copie »»
Apr 9, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Ballroom e Youkoso Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Naruleach - Jul 2, 2017

125 by ThorPalma »»
Jan 1, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Ballroom e Youkoso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

57 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 30, 2023 12:16 AM

Poll: » Ballroom e Youkoso Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2017

51 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 28, 2023 9:41 PM

Poll: » Ballroom e Youkoso Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2017

51 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 27, 2023 8:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.