Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Welcome to the Ballroom
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 16, 2017 9:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, this was an intense finale. The clever usage of the black and white coloring made it feel more impactful with the fierce competition.

It's Tatara/Chinatsu vs. Masami and his partner. They took this to a high level and Masami seemed to even seems to have fun with the dance. I think it's interesting that one of the scenes from this episode used a very similar sequence like the OP song (except Tatara and Chinatsu are in their dancing outfits)

After all the buildup, I feel like this episode/finale was worth waiting for. 8/10. Had some pacing issues imo in the latter half but was still a very entertaining ride. I think Tatara and Chinatsu had their best performance yet. *that cheek kiss :3
Stark700Dec 16, 2017 9:30 AM
Dec 16, 2017 9:58 AM

Apr 2014
well done just well done, best till date
and that cheek kiss 👍🏽
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Dec 16, 2017 10:11 AM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
I am a bit sad, and I am feeling nostalgic, this anime was a ray of emotion in this two average seasons. I am going to miss it a lot and maybe in the future, and we will see a masterpiece like this one.

I wrote a small review of it, it isn't perfect but is how I feel about this fantastic show

Dec 16, 2017 11:01 AM
May 2013
Absolutely loved this episode! Tatara and Chinatsu has grown so much and I'm so glad they won the championship. Kinda sad the anime has ended, but I'm really looking forward for more manga content and the OST release. Definitely buying all the manga volumes! Takeuchi-sensei, thank you so much for such a wonderful story!
Dec 16, 2017 11:05 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
It was a great final, with a great surprise and the most important, intense!!!!
I think it was a nice closed season!!
and now I have to wait for another season, and how to grow up this couple!!!
Dec 16, 2017 11:20 AM

Apr 2013
What an intense final! I'm gonna miss this show... :<
(And that cheek kiss~)
Dec 16, 2017 11:31 AM

Dec 2011
What a beautiful ending to such a great anime.
I falls down my chair when Tatara and Chinatsu win and then falls again when she kissed Tatara on his cheek.
The ship is now sail and i really hope one day we will get a season 2.
Dec 16, 2017 11:35 AM

Jul 2012
Great way to end things for now. The anime was decent compared to the manga. I think the pacing and some of the dance scenes could've been better adapted though.

Hope the author gets well soon.
Dec 16, 2017 11:37 AM

Apr 2016
Sweat on the right side, sweat on the left side, sweat was fucking everywhere!

Nice ending.
Dec 16, 2017 11:41 AM

Dec 2014
Great finale.

Congratulations to Tatara and Chinatsu for winning, they deserved it and that kiss though. xD
Kugimiya crying while walking to the judges was kinda emotional.

Overall, fantastic series. It had all the spirit, energy and passion I've come to expect from Sport Shounen shows and that in itself puts it very high up there in my books. It was a real pleasure to watch Tatara grow from what he was in the beginning to what he is now in terms of skill, passion, self discovery and overall growth. The show had an excellent cast of entertaining characters and I enjoyed watching each and every one of them. While the show did seem reminiscent of Hajime no Ippo in the beginning, that's not a bad thing. My only complaint for this series is that we didn't get too many full fledged dance sequences which is kinda sad. Nevertheless, fantastic show overall.

9/10, I'd love to see more but I hear the manga is very slow due to the author's illness or something but here's to hoping the manga gets back on track so we can have a new anime season some point into the future.
Dec 16, 2017 11:41 AM

Mar 2016
I loved this anime. This was the best anime of the year for me. I really really wish there is a season 2 for this!! The last episode was good, they won YAY! and that cheek kiss :3
Dec 16, 2017 11:43 AM

Oct 2015
Although it was expected, they totally didn't deserved the first place

I wish I liked this show more, guess I'll go for the manga
Dec 16, 2017 11:49 AM

Feb 2012
Fantastic ending!

I never expected this to become one of my favorite anime. I loved the whole series and I will definitely rewatch this in the near future.
Dec 16, 2017 11:57 AM

Jun 2015
This was an amazing finale. The dancing was animated beautifully. I'm glad Tatara and Chinatsu won. They deserved it. That kiss from her though :3 Tatara has come a long way since the first episode. They have truly grown so much since they paired up. I'm going to miss this awesome show. 8/10

Feb 2012
season 2 in 5 years maybe?
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Very damn good finale.

Tatara's and Chinatsu's growth came full circle by the last dance. Breathtaking animation.

Kugimiya is a great character for the little time he got, very cool guy who's been through so much shit and seemingly found his love for dancing again.

8/10.
Dec 16, 2017 12:18 PM

Jun 2015
4/10
For me the second half of the series quite a disappointment, it was way too slow for my taste, filled with flashbacks and time waste. Bored and barely could finish it, in fact I didnt, dropped at 21 episode, just went through in fast forward on the last 3.
Dec 16, 2017 12:22 PM

Mar 2017
Damn. What a ride.
It's a 10/10 from me. A solid series with wonderful cast of characters, unique setting (competitive dance), great OST from Yuki Hayashi. Loved it!
Dec 16, 2017 12:25 PM

Sep 2017
Dat KISS.
7/10 and i will miss this show.
I'm gay.
Dec 16, 2017 12:37 PM

Jun 2014
When the dancing sequences are actually animated it's amazing what we end up getting. This episode was a perfect finale, I really don't have anything else to say besides that. The music, the animation on the dancing, Tatara and Chinatsu winning, Kugimiya crying, and the overall emotions were all great. And let's not forget that kiss (even if it was just on the cheek). Also, I really liked that shot of the "big 3" dance couples (Gaju/Mako, Tatara/Chinatsu, Hyodo/Shizuku) on the floor together.

The show wasn't perfect, but this finale helped the show go out with a bang. It's a shame it caught up to the manga and the manga updates are slow due to the author's health, but I'll remain hopeful for a second season someday. 7/10.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 16, 2017 12:46 PM
Apr 2016
best ending man
gonna miss this one
need to follow the manga now
tatara x chinatsu
ftw

but I wish if they could also shed some light on tatara's mother and why she left him
Dec 16, 2017 1:00 PM

Sep 2015
THERE A FKING KISS NOW ITS EVEN BETTER 100/10!
Into the Internet!
Dec 16, 2017 1:03 PM
Jan 2012
Loved it, it's been hard for me to post about anime because I haven't been that enamored with the recent quality. But this was very fulfilling for me, even as someone who had already read the manga. There were a couple lulls in the lead up, but for an original ending, this left me feeling as satisfied as I could have felt.

What I especially appreciated was that there was a good sense of closure, even though you know there's more to this story, it didn't feel unfinished. I've grown attached to most of the characters, chinatsu especially really grew into her role in the final episodes.

This 24 episode journey will be a happy memory for me.
Dec 16, 2017 1:13 PM

Sep 2016
Nice ending for a nice series.

I will miss it a lot
Dec 16, 2017 1:15 PM

Mar 2014
finally confirm chinatsu as the best waifu with tatara
Dec 16, 2017 1:16 PM

Sep 2016
very excellent final episode, everything this episode is so good, too bad the rest of series isn't as good with lack of dancing animation or just really slow paced competition.

fine 6/10

it went beyond manga and the author is getting sick really often, it will lose momentum and might as well end the manga very soon.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Dec 16, 2017 1:20 PM

Nov 2014
Chinatsu expressed her love with a kiss.
Dec 16, 2017 1:30 PM

Mar 2016
i'm really going to miss this. wE GOT A CHEEK KISS !!!!!!! the dancing in the finale was so good, i kind of thought they might have came second bUT YAY

i need a season 2 because i have to see them all dance together. may have to go to the manga because i don't want to wait

8/10
Dec 16, 2017 1:37 PM

Sep 2010
I need a season 2 and more of Hyoudou T^T

great episode btw
Dec 16, 2017 1:55 PM

Jan 2013
That kiss on the cheek was super sweet ;_; !!

This episode was beautiful. I loved seeing Tatara's development about him and his dancing through the series, along with Chinatsu's - even if her development wasn't outstanding. I would have wanted more proper dance scenes, because the dance is the point here, but they were good tho.

To be honest I want even more, I don't usually ship anyone in anime but I need more Tatara and Chinatsu, they can't leave me like this after that opening scene and the kiss :( I'll definetly start reading the manga even if that means I have to wait a lot for new chapters.
Dec 16, 2017 1:57 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Lelouch0202 said:
Great finale.

Congratulations to Tatara and Chinatsu for winning, they deserved it and that kiss though. xD
Kugimiya crying while walking to the judges was kinda emotional.

Overall, fantastic series. It had all the spirit, energy and passion I've come to expect from Sport Shounen shows and that in itself puts it very high up there in my books. It was a real pleasure to watch Tatara grow from what he was in the beginning to what he is now in terms of skill, passion, self discovery and overall growth. The show had an excellent cast of entertaining characters and I enjoyed watching each and every one of them. While the show did seem reminiscent of Hajime no Ippo in the beginning, that's not a bad thing. My only complaint for this series is that we didn't get too many full fledged dance sequences which is kinda sad. Nevertheless, fantastic show overall.

9/10, I'd love to see more but I hear the manga is very slow due to the author's illness or something but here's to hoping the manga gets back on track so we can have a new anime season some point into the future.
I second every single thing you said

9/10 for me too
Dec 16, 2017 1:59 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
It is so rare to see a kiss like that in anime without the MC collapsing into a fidgety heap of nerves. Well done to the author/director to do it in such a 'realistic' manner.

I don't think we'll get a S2, but hope we at least get an OVA or two.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 16, 2017 2:01 PM
Jun 2016
gahhh this ending makes me want to give it -10 out or 10....no family :> I was hoping we would at least get one scene of his family finding out especially after winning a competition.
Dec 16, 2017 2:03 PM

Dec 2013
that was intense!! so sad it's over (hopefully only for now). I never expected to like and even hype the series the way I did when I started watching it. Great stuff, thanks for the fun ride!

Hope the mangaka gets well soon so we can get another season one day!
9/10
Dec 16, 2017 2:04 PM

Jun 2008
When they announced them as the winners, I honestly started tearing up.

Such a great show. 9/10.
Dec 16, 2017 2:05 PM

Oct 2008
what a way to finish, the episode was beautiful.

wanna see the 4 pairs in competition so badly, what a downer to now wait years down the road to get enough chapters and then wait even more for another adaptation (if that even happens)

im gonna miss this show
Dec 16, 2017 2:10 PM

Sep 2016
What a great Finale!! 9/10!!
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Dec 16, 2017 2:14 PM
Dec 2017
Does anyone know what song used in that episode ?? viennese waltz
Dec 16, 2017 2:15 PM

Feb 2011
Definitely one of my favorites this year. Enjoyed every moment of it. 9/10
Dec 16, 2017 2:28 PM

Aug 2013
It was a average ending. Unfortunately, considering there won't be a season 2, it was kinda rushed. I'm not sure whether or not the mangaka is going to continue this work, but this story has definitely potential.
Dec 16, 2017 2:52 PM

Aug 2013
I would say this was a perfect finale. Congratulation to Chinatsu and Tatara. All that hard work paid off. The final dance, the Quickstep, was beautiful. The last scene with Sengoku watching Tatara was nice. You can see how much Tatara has grown.

The first cour was great but the first half of the second cour was quite slow and I almost lost interest. It did pick up in the end and overall it was a great series. 8/10.

Dec 16, 2017 3:04 PM

Dec 2012
Fantastic finale episode.
Loved seeing the Quick Step. So intense waiting for those final results.

Congrats Tatara & Chinatsu on winning. I'm so happy for them. Chinatsu kissing Tatara on the cheek was sweet. Tatara has changed so much after a year.

Great to see the Tatara pair on the same stage as the Gaju/Mako & Kiyoharu/Shizuku pair in the end credits.

Overall a great & wonderful show. Loved Tatara's determination to continually improve his dancing. Great OP & ED songs as well as support cast.

Congrats to Production I.G. & everyone else involved in the production of this anime. I enjoyed this show a lot & I will miss it.

9/10.
Santoryu_XBurnerDec 16, 2017 3:10 PM
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Dec 16, 2017 3:25 PM
Jun 2017
I love the finale episode!!! What a great battle in them... congrats to Tatara and Chinatsu
Dec 16, 2017 3:37 PM

Nov 2016
Damn that was a near perfect final, can't really say much besides, that animation,effects and Ost were on point. It was just beautful,so much that I even teared up a little bit.

And to my surprise Tatara and Chinatsu even won the comp, the kiss made their victory even sweeter, credits to Kugimiya,tho,glad that this dude still isn't giving up.

It was a great year, with many awesome titles, even many which I would consider my favorites,but this show is taking the take as my top favorite for 2017.

Despite it's flaws I totally fell in love with it and was eagerly waiting for each episode, too bad it's over now :/ Hoping for S2 in the future,but after reading the comments it doesn't look good, so it might really end anime original. However, even at this point it's still a little masterpiece nonetheless.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 16, 2017 3:41 PM

Jun 2017
Glad to see they actually showed some dancing in the finale.

7/10.
Dec 16, 2017 3:58 PM

May 2015
It seems like they saved all the budget for the finale, because those were some nice-looking dance sequences. But yeah, what an incredible way to end the finale! That was beautiful and perfect!

I hope for another season, but at this point, that'll take a long while unfortunately. The anime basically caught up on the manga.

Also, that cheek kiss! Smooth ship!

Love the manga, and loved the adaptation!

10/10.

Dec 16, 2017 4:10 PM

Dec 2016
kyosukehaga said:
kyosukehaga said:

Viennese Waltz B by Yuki Hayashi
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 16, 2017 4:43 PM
Nov 2015
Quite sad, it started much better but the main character developed too much too quickly, he became the "overpowered shounen protag" in the end. Still, an above average anime. Amazing OPs too.
Dec 16, 2017 4:46 PM

Jul 2008
Hisou said:
kyosukehaga said:

Viennese Waltz B by Yuki Hayashi

Thanks. I love that song.

Beautiful episode, I totally loved the dance sequences they finally animated. Shizuku has been my crush in the manga but the anime made Chii-chan so special and hot with such temper and that long red hair. I just seriously hope the author will manage to continue this series to a satisfying ending somehow.
Dec 16, 2017 5:07 PM
Aug 2017
I really hope they make a another season. I want to see a love triangle with Tatara, Chinatsu, and Mako. And have the three couples competing against each other.
Hyoudou looked happy AF now that Tatara is finally in the starting line and Shizuku looked like she's finally going to take Tatara serious. Either way I really want to see these stories develop in another season
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ballroom e Youkoso Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Naruleach - Jul 2, 2017

125 by ThorPalma »»
Jan 1, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Ballroom e Youkoso Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2017

59 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 30, 2023 10:34 PM

Poll: » Ballroom e Youkoso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

57 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 30, 2023 12:16 AM

Poll: » Ballroom e Youkoso Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2017

51 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 28, 2023 9:41 PM

Poll: » Ballroom e Youkoso Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2017

51 by RawrOMG »»
Oct 27, 2023 8:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.