Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 2, 2017 8:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, I like the character chemistry between Chise and Ruth this episode. The two are getting along fast.

I think it's interesting to note that Chise is happy with her current lifestyle. She doesn't want to go to school or whatever since she wants to be with Elias and her new family.

Really thought this episode adapted the character expressions well. Ruth also bought some interesting points about how she may feel for Elias. Interesting to also see a vampire/Leánnan sídhe this episode. It ties back to the theme of love as the story told from the book has some spiritual connection with her.

Sexy design :P
Stark700Dec 2, 2017 11:03 AM
Dec 2, 2017 11:08 AM

Apr 2016
Nice slice of life episode, pretty much nothing happened. Chise get some shopping and some "life" advice from busty lady.

What a cute little romance between old man and vampire (a tsundere vampire).

Also did i mention that music in this anime is great ?
Dec 2, 2017 11:12 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

Glad to see Ruth and Chise getting along nicely with each other, I always enjoy Silkie's cute little gestures.

Elias still struggles with the aftermath of the transformation, we still have no details on his transformation and why he's more aggressive in that form.

Interesting encounter with the vampire and the old man she haunts. Loved the part where Joel was able to see the vampire again even if it was just for a brief moment.

Chise wants Elias to open up to her regarding his situation and who he truly is but looks like Elias isn't ready for it.
Back to the dragon land next episode, this should be fun. I love how the little dragon is all grown up now, that final shot of him looked majestic.
Dec 2, 2017 11:19 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Very nice episode this week. Chise hasn't seen Elias around the house due to him trying to control his appearance and while she's out of the house, she meets Angelica and has a chat about her situation. The little relationship between the leanan sidhe and Joel is pretty cute imo. At least Elias tells Chise within time he'll answer more of her questions that she has about him.

Seems like we'll be seeing more of Lindel next week. Very excited for it!
Dec 2, 2017 11:20 AM

Jun 2015
I'm loving the chemistry between Chise and Ruth. They are getting along well. She got some life lessons from Angelica. Elias is struggling with the aftermath of the transformation. The encounter with the vampire and the old man was interesting. Love is not a word that she deserves to say when all she thinks about is herself. She wants Elias to open up to her, but he's not ready. Looks like they're going to the dragons.
Dec 2, 2017 11:23 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Ruth is best character, love his antics and how protective he is :D

More of old man and the vampire, that was very sweet with only the little scenes we got!
Dec 2, 2017 11:30 AM

Sep 2017
The story about the Leanan Sidhe and the old man was nice, though i feel kinda sad for the two since they can't see each other except for very rare ocasions. Looking into the Leanan Sidhe folklore, it seems that the man that they inspire have their lives shortened dramatically, so maybe that's why she doesn't want to use her powers on Joel. Even if he can't see her, she wants to spend as much time as she can with him, and I find very interesting that other supernatural beings apart from Elias seek love, even in humans.

Also, it looks like we might get some glimpses at Elias' backstory next week. Can't wait.

Dec 2, 2017 11:37 AM

Sep 2013
I liked this episode a lot. Ruth is settling in the new environment and his reactions to a few things were pretty funny. His inclusion to the cast/household is welcomed by me. I feel like he adds a bit of personality to the cast. Silky was pretty funny with that sledgehammer when she was waiting by the door.

That was a pretty decent jump scare when Elias revealed himself to Chise in his room. His form is terrifying in my opinion due to his Naga-like body. I absolutely fear Nagas due to how much the lower half of their bodies reminds me of snakes...which is my biggest fear...fuck I even hate that I'm born on the year of the snake.

Chise is getting more and more interesting each episode and her character evolution is pretty neat. She went from being pretty much a mute to being a little more open with her emotions. I didn't expect her to punch a wall after Angelica pointed out a few things.

That vampire chick is an odd one. I didn't expect her to kiss Chise at all but it's understandable considering vampires (leannan sidhe) are presented as sexual beings. Also, was that Saori Hayami voicing her? She sounds like it though she didn't say much this episode.

Dec 2, 2017 11:41 AM

Jun 2016
Art: 15/10
Sound: 15/10
Character interaction:10/10

What's not to love??

Dec 2, 2017 11:55 AM

Dec 2014
Started as a breather episode, then we see Chise snapping maybe for the first time? It was an interesting first part, with her introspection. Then as she came back home she got pushed down by Elias..Silky didn't take it well lol.
Ruth is the pefect familiar for her, not to mention it's nice to see him around.
Dec 2, 2017 12:04 PM

Dec 2016
Man I just really like the characters and their interactions in this show! They're so good!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Dec 2, 2017 12:05 PM

May 2016
A nice change of pace from the last episode; a needed break from all the intense events whilst still keeping it interesting.

I love Silky, found it funny when she was stood outside the door with a hammer.

The vampire was cool, the design was lewd but I feel like it fit the way vampires are in this universe.

Dec 2, 2017 12:13 PM

Jul 2013
That seal-girl familiar at the end was adorable.
The tsundere vampire was the highlight of the episode, despite how short her screentime was.

I really want to know more about what Elias is. He has been very criptic so far.
Dec 2, 2017 12:20 PM

Apr 2015
TheWannabeArtist said:

The vampire was cool, the design was lewd but I feel like it fit the way vampires are in this universe.

A more apt translation for Leanan Sidhe in this context would be probably Succubus rather than vampire which would explain her sexual design and behavior.
Dec 2, 2017 12:46 PM
Mar 2015
Great love story between the old man and the vampire
Dec 2, 2017 12:48 PM
Jun 2016
miguitronik said:
The story about the Leanan Sidhe and the old man was nice, though i feel kinda sad for the two since they can't see each other except for very rare ocasions. Looking into the Leanan Sidhe folklore, it seems that the man that they inspire have their lives shortened dramatically, so maybe that's why she doesn't want to use her powers on Joel. Even if he can't see her, she wants to spend as much time as she can with him, and I find very interesting that other supernatural beings apart from Elias seek love, even in humans.

Also, it looks like we might get some glimpses at Elias' backstory next week. Can't wait.

That must be very painful for the leanan sidhe.
In love with a man that she cannot manifest to...because it might cost him his life.
Was very funny to see her denying her love for Mr Garland though. Doesn't reduce the bittersweet aspect of it.
"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love, so if one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
Dec 2, 2017 12:52 PM
Jun 2016
From Wiki p about Leanan sidhe..

The Leanhaun Shee (fairy mistress) seeks the love of mortals. If they refuse, she must be their slave; if they consent, they are hers, and can only escape by finding another to take their place. The fairy lives on their life, and they waste away. Death is no escape from her. She is the Gaelic muse, for she gives inspiration to those she persecutes. The Gaelic poets die young, for she is restless, and will not let them remain long on earth—this malignant phantom.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leanan_s%C3%ADdhe

So, essentially, she cannot get into a relationship with Joel...because either way , it won't end well.

Star crossed lovers.
"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love, so if one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
Dec 2, 2017 1:00 PM

Jul 2012
Interesting episode. Chise finally has some developments and realises how dependent she is.
The only thing I dont like about this episode is the chibi art, it just didn't fit the atmosphere at all.
TehSnawn said:

That vampire chick is an odd one. I didn't expect her to kiss Chise at all but it's understandable considering vampires (leannan sidhe) are presented as sexual beings. Also, was that Saori Hayami voicing her? She sounds like it though she didn't say much this episode.

Pretty sure that's Hayami Saori, her voice is so unique that it's hard to get it wrong XD She used an "energetic" voice in the first part so it might be hard to regconise but after that, it was easy as she used her usual "calm" voice.
Dec 2, 2017 1:09 PM

Dec 2016
pretty good as always
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Dec 2, 2017 1:29 PM

Apr 2014
I've been waiting for confirmation that the setting of this series is the Cotswolds, and today we have it with a day trip to Bourton-on-the-Water.
"Burn this sight into your minds. This is what it means to be a magical girl."
Dec 2, 2017 1:40 PM

Dec 2012
Good episode.
Nice to see Angelica again.

Woah Elias having trouble with his transformation. Nice that Chise is getting closer to him.

Ruth becoming protective of Chise is sweet.
Didn't expect that Vampire to kiss Chise.

Off to the Land of Dragons again.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Dec 2, 2017 1:43 PM

Mar 2016
I talk about this way too much but! The music in this anime is SO AMAZING
the recorders, medevial-style filters make a wonderful ensemble/choir!!!

Great Episode :) a cool down from the last episode! Very nice
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 2, 2017 2:05 PM

Jan 2014
Interesting episode. Seeing a new side of Chise is always interesting.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Dec 2, 2017 2:23 PM
Jul 2016
I love how this episode went out of its way to mention the possibility of Chise leading a normal everyday life, it served as excellent build-up to her emotional breakdown scene and further highlighted just how much of a broken mess of a person she really is.

God i love Chise so much, that's how you do characterisation. The payoff for all those so called "slower episodes" is amazing, and the funny thing is, the best is yet to come.
Dec 2, 2017 2:46 PM

Jun 2014
There's still a lot of mystery surrounding Elias but it looks like next episode should explain some things.

Also, I really liked that moment when the old man and the Leanan Sidhe briefly made eye contact.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 2, 2017 2:55 PM

Apr 2012
Skimpy.

>the old man and the fairy sleeping together
my heart
Dec 2, 2017 3:22 PM

Aug 2013
All I have to say about this episode is this:

Chise; "I kissed a girl and I liked it, hope my boyfriend don't mind it~"

XD
Don't believe the hype.
Dec 2, 2017 3:31 PM

Feb 2017
Not much action in this episode but it was still a good one.

The opening and the music overall is just so good in this anime.
Dec 2, 2017 3:55 PM

Dec 2013
Chise is definitely becoming a bit too dependent on Elias.

Dat sexy vampire! Dat kiss!
Dec 2, 2017 4:21 PM
Oct 2014
The story between the vampire and the old man was adorable
Dec 2, 2017 4:50 PM

Apr 2013
Persona Leanan sidhe > Slutty Leanan sidhe
Dec 2, 2017 5:22 PM

Feb 2008
Why can't all studios produce an anime of this calibre? the music is fantastic. The animation is awesome. ant each VA is perfect for each role. The vampire was exactly as I expected. This next arc is even more awesome.
Dec 2, 2017 6:29 PM

Nov 2013
This is getting better every episode, loved the sexy vampire and seeing Chise and Elias getting closer is really interesting, I'm curious as to how it will go.. I kinda liked how the pacing was a bit slower this episode too.

Next week we go to the land of dragons...
Dec 2, 2017 6:55 PM

Dec 2015
The chibi cutscenes ruin the whole atmosphere :-\ also Chise and Elias are slowly going through the ropes of becoming an actual couple. Hope Elias will find his answers in the dragon land.
~
Dec 2, 2017 7:59 PM

Apr 2017
I feel relaxed for this episode. It gave me a slice-of-life feeling. Chise is really too young to suffer. I'm so happy that Ruth is engaging himself to Chise. Elias was pitiful.
Dec 2, 2017 8:02 PM
Jul 2018
It's nice to constantly see new types of fairies and really get a grasp of how diverse this setting really is.

Elias avoiding answering Chise's questions is start to become a problem; can't wait to see him finally open up to her.
Dec 2, 2017 9:45 PM

Jan 2013
Elias is avoiding talking about who he really is, but i hope we will know that in future episodes.
Gotta love how diverse this world is! Always meeting new characters and new stories, which are very diverse, and i love it!
I always enjoy the little comedy they add to almost all moments, i think it fits perfectly and relives a little bit the situation.

"Don't try to do all by yourself. If you do that, then what is the point to have useful neighbors?"
Some great life lessons.
Really loving this anime! Oh btw, that cute face, gotta love her :3
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Dec 3, 2017 12:42 AM

Jan 2014
so Elias transformation does really take a toll on him.

I loved how they animated a chibi version when they makes a joke.
Dec 3, 2017 1:56 AM

Jul 2014
Great episode, but there were several times when the show completely ruined its own atmosphere with the chibi moments, this time being significantly worse than usual by this show's standards.
Dec 3, 2017 4:44 AM

May 2015
I expected Chise to at least be a little surprised when Elias pounced on her. Seeing something that frightening close in on you and you having little reaction to it feels odd...Chise knows it's Elias, but still...

And speaking of reactions, the chibi comedy moments weren't doing any good in this episode.

There are Leanan Sidhes in this world too? I'm actually more interested in the creatures of this world rather than the main characters at the moment...
Dec 3, 2017 4:58 AM
Aug 2017
This was an interesting episode except "you know what/who". I'll rant about that later.
Anyways, Ruth was so cute this episode and now he is fully the OVA!Ruth. Angelica is back! It was nice to see her again. Chise needs a bit of "normal" in her life but I don't think school would be all that helpful yet. She's still adjusting to this new world and country. Forcing her to go to school in a country she's never been to before and then learn english (not sure if she is fluent) and how the school system works and homework, etc. That would be adding way to much on an already stressfully full plate. Though it was nice to see Chise have a normal day out. She is opening up more and having emotional outbursts but I do worry that they might be rushing her progress. She is obviously attached to Elias because he "saved" her, gave her a home and brought new meaning to her life but I hope they don't mean romantic love. To soon for that. Besides, I see it more like how Ruth loves Chise, familial/friendship. It's sweet how Elias is learning emotions by reading Chise's expressions. She use to be so blank, so these changes must be a little exciting and probably one of the highlights of his day.

We now know what was wrong with Elias' back and how much that transformation effected him. He looked so freaken cool though but was he different? Did he look serpentine before? Anyways, his body is so odd. He had a six pack under ribs(?) and were those gills on his ribs? Then he has a feathered mane that has furry hooves attached to it (1 in back & another in front) with long boney but muscular arms and his skull head with added curved boney protrusions. So much going on there. Now for the creepy part, was he going to eat her or maybe it had something to do with her memories? All that drool too, ick. She was so unfazed. Also, that dream. Did her mom really try to choke her or was that because of Elias. Hmmm...I guess we'll eventually find out.

Sigh, now for the rant. Ahem, so the Ass!Fairy turned out to be far far far worse then I originally thought from last episodes preview. She's actually a freaken T&A!Fairy who barely wears clothes that actually fit. For F sake, her tits look like they would fall out if her "bra" wasn't glued on. Her "panties" that looked like it wanted to be a thong didn't even make it past her ass crack. To top it off she drapes herself around the old man like she's freaking scarf. She poses in the most dumbest ways AND she does one of my most hated pet peeves (along with everything else) of forcing kisses on people without consent. Ugh!
They even WANT you to like her and see her cuddling the old man as "cute" but it comes off as ridiculously stupid because you can't take her f'ing seriously, at all. It's frustrating and sad because it could have been a nice scene if she wasn't a walking boner.
Oh and that scene with Angelica where that side view camera pans up Angie's chest to Chise's face. What the F was that? A zoomed out version of that scene wasn't good enough? It wasn't impactful enough? A zoomed in version of Angie's chest is better how?! If this shit keeps up then this shows quality will be dropping fast. Apparently, pandering BS is seemingly more important in a show that doesn't F'ing need it!!!
That whole TnA Fairy story could have been cut/omitted and nothing of value would have been lost. /rant over
Dec 3, 2017 5:15 AM

Mar 2015
Tarotist said:
I expected Chise to at least be a little surprised when Elias pounced on her. Seeing something that frightening close in on you and you having little reaction to it feels odd...Chise knows it's Elias, but still...

I was thinking about that, and I think that Chise's heart is so covered with old scars that she naturally only focuses on that it Is Elias. They took what could have easily been a nightmare-ish scene and turned it into something beautiful, with Chise spending the night with Elias and no hint of anything sexual in it. And then poor Chise waking up alone and with just a note-- C'mon Elias, you have to treat your lady better than that! :)
The sword that takes life gives life
Dec 3, 2017 6:23 AM

Nov 2016
Dat kiss,tho.

Solid episode overall,but not much happened,looking forward to the second visit of the land of dragons.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 3, 2017 6:28 AM

Apr 2013
If the rest of this show was just these two lovebirds having cute interactions like at the end, I'd be just fine. In fact, it would probably make something that's already great even better.
Dec 3, 2017 6:43 AM

Aug 2013
What a cute vampire.
Everything is visually stunning. Great slice of life episode.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 3, 2017 6:55 AM

May 2015
That vampire shares the same pair of tits as TIT(S)ANIA.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 3, 2017 7:14 AM
Nov 2016
Pretty good episode. Elias is still reeling from the aftermath of that battle against that white haired sorcerer.

The mystery in this show is dialed up to an 11 because it makes us want to know more about what/who Elias is.

Ruth and Chise have a good chemistry going on. Seems like we'll be going back to the land of the dragons next episode.
Dec 3, 2017 7:28 AM

Jun 2017
Great episode, just when I start to think I know what's going on, they throw us another mystery. Loving this show!
Dec 3, 2017 8:01 AM
Dec 2017
Really nice episode. we could see here that many characters' personality has developed well. Chise started to realize her feelings toward Elias. Angelica really always be that straight-forward type woman. Even without talking, that silky-maid showed us her care to Elias and Chise. And also, Elias seems not that strong, i mean, everyone has their own weakness hasn't it?

Plus.... that slice romance tho. I really want Joel at least, could see and live with that sexy vampire.

really2 nice episode even without magic things.

now, i want to see interest things happen next in the dragon's nest.
Dec 3, 2017 8:39 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Beautiful again!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Mills - Jul 26, 2017

375 by yelansh »»
Mar 30, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2018

266 by NotBonBon »»
Mar 24, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2018

81 by hales_comet »»
Feb 22, 8:24 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

UrbanJahts - Jul 26, 2017

247 by hales_comet »»
Feb 21, 8:09 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2017

189 by satyamkumar4005 »»
Jan 12, 9:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.