Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 24, 2017 11:11 PM

Mar 2016
What is the worst anime company in your opinion? I say manga entertainment personally.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 24, 2017 11:16 PM

Apr 2014
The buzz word of the weeb community lately is Kadokawa so gotta go with them.
Nov 24, 2017 11:19 PM

Dec 2015
Toei for sure, they're lazy, they don't give a fuck about what they produce, yet they are one of the most successful studios out there.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Nov 24, 2017 11:25 PM

Jan 2013
Pierrot, easily. J.C. staff is really bad too.
Nov 24, 2017 11:31 PM
Jul 2018
studio pierrot pisses me off plenty

they're lazy and don't care about the quality of anything they make. it's all cash grabs
Nov 24, 2017 11:34 PM

Jul 2016
CondemneDio said:

Yeah, I was bummed when I saw J.C. Staff is doing season 2 of One Punch Man. Haven't liked much of their stuff since Utena
Nov 24, 2017 11:34 PM

Feb 2016
joe_g7 said:
Toei for sure, they're lazy, they don't give a fuck about what they produce, yet they are one of the most successful studios out there.

"We do worse and we get paid more"

Nov 24, 2017 11:40 PM
Jul 2018
Aniplex of America and Ponycanyon USA with their overpriced and limited releases
Nov 24, 2017 11:52 PM

Jul 2014
NBC Universal Japan. They just go around and rape some of the strongest franchises around without giving them budget to make them any good. They just make sure to tempt the IP owner enough to sell out.

Their favourite studio to offload these impossible tasks on being 8bit because I guess they have similarily shitty morals. Though at least staff is harder to find for these tosspots, since apparently they had to stoop to getting Tensho as director for their drivel.
Nov 24, 2017 11:53 PM

Jul 2017
It has to be Diomedia since 2010. I wonder how this studio still survive.

They have disappointed a lot of people in the adaptation of Problem Children Are Coming from Another World and Kantai Collection.
Noucome, girlish number are quite good but the BD sales are not.
Maiyoka, Unlimited Fafnir, World Break: Aria of Curse for a Holy Swordsman, Sky Wizards Academy, Fuuka and Handa-kun all failed...
Shobitch look like it will be the next.

The only successful anime this company has made are Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu in 2008 and Ika Musume in 2010

Seriously why they still have money making anime.
Nov 24, 2017 11:57 PM

Aug 2011
It's not even a competition, Toei is far and above the worst anime studio. Why anybody would want them to adapt their manga I'll never know. Giving them One Piece was a mistake.
Nov 25, 2017 12:21 AM

Dec 2015
NovaLord said:
It's not even a competition, Toei is far and above the worst anime studio. Why anybody would want them to adapt their manga I'll never know. Giving them One Piece was a mistake.
I think Toei more successful in Tokusatsu and other live action than in anime.
Nov 25, 2017 12:35 AM

Jan 2011
I never rated anything by Diomedea above 7/10 so far. And this is from someone whose average score is 7.75
Nov 25, 2017 12:36 AM
Jul 2018
Pierrot & Toei. There is almost no question that they've done the shoddiest work in recent years.
Nov 25, 2017 1:00 AM
Dec 2013
Gonzo because they keep making butchered adaptations.
Nov 25, 2017 1:08 AM
Jul 2018
If we are talking about companies then its Kadokawa, due to how recently they have been fucking stupid recently. With their incompetency and fucked-up schedules at times it makes me warry a lot.

For STUDIOS, it's Arms. Aside from Maoyuu Maou Yuusha (which is good so far) from the stuff I've seen from them they're full of PISS. Of course they haven't made anything since like Fall 2015, so it might be the fall for them because of that. Then again I'm more or less pissed because they fucked up Brynhildr and made one of my most hated animes.
Nov 25, 2017 1:10 AM
Jun 2017
Protaku said:
The buzz word of the weeb community lately is Kadokawa so gotta go with them.

nah Fam, Kadokawa is far from being the worst, there're some pretty bad company out there
Nov 25, 2017 2:33 PM

Sep 2007
J.C. Staff, but I think they have gotten better recently. I hope.

Nov 25, 2017 2:33 PM
Nov 2017
Pierrot. They ruined Tokyo Ghoul for me.
Nov 25, 2017 2:43 PM

Jun 2013
None. I don't judge. Unless of course if it's made by the same people who made Shitcom. Seriously disgusting.
Nov 25, 2017 2:55 PM

Jul 2017
I think this thread should be titled "Worst anime company excluding Studio Pierrot?"

Other than that, I'd probably say Seven, given that practically almost all their titles are just pure ecchi/hentai
Nov 25, 2017 2:59 PM

Feb 2016
That definitly has to be Lerche and Silver Link
Nov 25, 2017 2:59 PM

Nov 2017
I'm suprised no one is saying A-1 pictures, I've been watching too much digibro I guess XD
All Dubs must die!

"Its 2017 and anime is still legal. What the fuck is congress doing" - Totalbiscuit

Nov 25, 2017 3:04 PM
Apr 2017
Production IMS a studio that only makes shitty light novel adaptations
Nov 25, 2017 3:30 PM

Jul 2013
Production IMS... They made one of the most unforgiving, shittiest anime ever.

Nov 25, 2017 4:04 PM

Feb 2010
If it's not Idea Factory you are a clueless pleb, sorry to say.
I probably regret this post by now.
Nov 25, 2017 4:06 PM

Jun 2011
Wow, people forgot Studio Deen.

But I will say Gonzo.
The anime community in a nutshell.
Nov 25, 2017 4:07 PM

Sep 2015
Gorganoth said:
I'm suprised no one is saying A-1 pictures, I've been watching too much digibro I guess XD
Nah that's fair. Business practices aren't great, they don't use in-house well anything as far as I know of (someone feel free to call me out on that), and not to mention the staff member who committed suicide back in 2014 due to working 600hrs a month. Granted overwork is a problem across the entire industry but still worth bringing up.

Oh and in the Black Corporation Award, A-1 was ranked 6th as one of the most "Evil Corporations in Japan".

Also what's the beef with Kadokawa?
Nov 25, 2017 4:09 PM

Jun 2011
Pullman said:
If it's not Idea Factory you are a clueless pleb, sorry to say.

I haven't seen anything by then I don't think. My bottom 5 are
Studio Deen
A-1 Pictures
J.C.Staff
Doga Kobo
Asread

If you watch enough yaoi.... Studio Deen will be towards the bottom. I hate everything Doga Kobo. But Asread only did Mirai Nikki on my list and I just head that.
The anime community in a nutshell.
Nov 25, 2017 4:41 PM

Oct 2015
joe_g7 said:

yet their anime originals have some of the best production and animation in the past 10 yrs
:thinking:
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Nov 25, 2017 4:49 PM
May 2017
CondemneDio said:
why JC staff. Shokugeki no soma, toradora, sakurasou no pet na kanojo.... Their animation quality is too notch. May be I'm missing something that made quite a few people think JC staff is worst
Nov 25, 2017 4:53 PM
Aug 2016
Pierrot came to mind since it's the reason why Naruto and Bleach have massive amount of filler episodes.
Nov 25, 2017 4:58 PM
Jul 2018
Scarlett_ryuken said:
joe_g7 said:

yet their anime originals have some of the best production and animation in the past 10 yrs
list some examples lmao. never heard anyone watching let alone saying that something from toei is good aside OP.
also 10 years is too much lol. 2000-2009 anime look like stick figures no matter how much money u throw at them.
Nov 25, 2017 5:03 PM

Aug 2014
Madhouse - not even a sequel
Pierrot - The king of the worst anime quality
Seven - The Hentai/Ecchi without an actual quality and mostly never a 24mins anime.
J.C Staff - Not sure why but the studio are underwhelming not to mention under Kadokawa.
AIC and IMS - 1 step towards the graveyard.
Nov 25, 2017 5:05 PM

Apr 2017
Studio Deen, they made the characters from Konosuba look like crap compared to the LN. Plus they fucked up Fate in 2006
Nov 25, 2017 5:10 PM

Oct 2015
ConstantDenial said:
Scarlett_ryuken said:

list some examples lmao. never heard anyone watching let alone saying that something from toei is good aside OP.
also 10 years is too much lol. 2000-2009 anime look like stick figures no matter how much money u throw at them.

precure?
https://www.sakugabooru.com/wiki/show?title=precure

also kyousou giga?
https://www.sakugabooru.com/post?tags=kyousougiga+

tell me when a studio beside toei and trigger decides to make a tv series of a popular ona/short movie due to fan demand, and make that tv series look beautiful and alot of sakuga

oh wait, they dont exist
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Nov 25, 2017 5:13 PM

Mar 2014
SHAFT
They produce over-hyped garbage every season, and their character design is also pretty terrible.

J.C. Staff is also pretty bad.

I'm surprised at the hate for Pierrot in here, though, especially considering Osomatsu-san. I don't think Pierrot makes great looking anime, but I certainly wouldn't call them "the worst". They're basically the definition of a middle-of-the-road studio if you ask me.
::End of Transmission::

Nov 25, 2017 5:15 PM
Haruna Sairenji

Jan 2017
ConstantDenial said:
Scarlett_ryuken said:

list some examples lmao.

Started from 2004 35-40 Original entries of the Precure franchise. 14 of the 35-40 are Original tv series with 49 to 52 episodes. the other 20-26 are movies and OVA's related to the franchise.
Nov 25, 2017 5:17 PM

Mar 2014
Scarlett_ryuken said:
tell me when a studio beside toei and trigger decides to make a tv series of a popular ona/short movie due to fan demand, and make that tv series look beautiful and alot of sakuga

oh wait, they dont exist

What about Madhouse with One Punch Man?
What about Bones with Mob Psycho 100?

Don't get me wrong, I also like Toei and Trigger, but they're not the only anime studios throwing big budgets at risky projects based on small-time series.

Nov 25, 2017 5:18 PM

Feb 2010
ConstantDenial said:
2000-2009 anime look like stick figures no matter how much money u throw at them.

lmao someone doesn't know what he's talking about or idk where else this random generalization is coming from -.-

In terms of Toei works that aren't Precure, Battle Shounen or other mainstream long-runners (setting aside that you implied nothing they did in those genres is good, when in fact most of what they did in those genres is pretty solid and One Piece, the ony example you mentioned, is probably one of their worst adaptions overall) there's:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/586/Ayakashi__Japanese_Classic_Horror
https://myanimelist.net/anime/2246/Mononoke
https://myanimelist.net/anime/19703/Kyousou_Giga_TV
https://myanimelist.net/anime/32032/Seikaisuru_Kado
https://myanimelist.net/anime/6774/Kuuchuu_Buranko
https://myanimelist.net/anime/8475/Asura
https://myanimelist.net/anime/731/Interstella5555__The_5tory_of_The_5ecret_5tar_5ystem
https://myanimelist.net/anime/17269/Captain_Herlock

from recent years for starters. Including a variety of art styles, topics, themes and types of shows. Some are great because of their unique ideas and Toei just taking their freedom with completely original concepts. Others just showcase how great Toei can make 3DCG look like if they really want to. I definitely tend to love the stuff Toei decided to blow their OP money on :>

Nov 25, 2017 5:19 PM

Jan 2015
Tencent__Weeb said:
Aniplex of America and Ponycanyon USA with their overpriced and limited releases

Yeah, fuck Aniplex. I cry myself to sleep every night because they have Monogatari, TTGL, Kill la Kill, and Fate/Zero in their hands. Seriously, if you wanna own all of Monogatari, it'll cost over $800. Every time I actually consider buying it, I slap myself in the face.

Ponycanyon never gets anime that I want, so I don't bother with them.
Nov 25, 2017 5:21 PM

Feb 2010
vigorousjammer said:
Scarlett_ryuken said:

oh wait, they dont exist

Don't get me wrong, I also like Toei and Trigger, but they're not the only anime studios throwing big budgets at risky projects based on small-time series.

those are both manga adaptions of stuff that was pretty popular, especially once OPM was a success Mob Psycho was a no-brainer. And for adaptions like that the studio takes little of the risk anyway. There's a lot of sponsors/production committee members for most adaptions.

Doesn't really have anything to do with turning original, experimental OVAs into full-time TV series. All the sponsors from the publishing sector are missing for these and the studio takes a much bigger risk themselves by focusing on original material like that.
Nov 25, 2017 5:28 PM

Mar 2014
Pullman said:
Doesn't really have anything to do with turning original, experimental OVAs into full-time TV series. All the sponsors from the publishing sector are missing for these and the studio takes a much bigger risk themselves by focusing on original material like that.

Are there even original OVAs coming out nowadays?
All of the OVAs I've been seeing for the past decade or so have been nothing but "here's another episode or three for this already popular TV series".
Either that or one-episode adaptations, usually bundled with a volume of the manga that's being adapted (which is also fine, but it's not like those are original OVAs like in the glory days of OVAs in the 80s and 90s).
vigorousjammerNov 25, 2017 5:31 PM

Nov 25, 2017 5:29 PM

Sep 2017
gonzo, their shit is so ugly and i'll never forgive them for hellsing. i also hate sunrise for lovelive, nothing else.
Edward Elric > your waifu

Nov 25, 2017 5:30 PM

Feb 2012
Millipenseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!
Nov 25, 2017 5:39 PM

Feb 2010
vigorousjammer said:
Pullman said:

Are there even original OVAs coming out nowadays?
All of the OVAs I've been seeing for the past decade or so have been nothing but "here's another episode or three for this already popular TV series".
Either that or one-episode adaptations, usually bundled with a volume of the manga that's being adapted.

Well Scarlett has been referring to Kyousougiga and Little Witch Academia which both got full TV Series eventually. Death Billiards got the same treatment and while the other Anime Mirai works of the last 6 years did not get TV Series they certainly are original OVAs. There's also Cencoroll which at least got a sequel announced. FLCL is older than a decade but got a TV series announed for next year just recently. Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 is technically also Original and an OVA.

So yeah, they are still coming out, even tho less frequently than they used to due to the general decline of OVAs.
Nov 25, 2017 5:47 PM

Oct 2015
vigorousjammer said:
Scarlett_ryuken said:

oh wait, they dont exist

i mean you misinterepted what i said, im saying they are the studio that threw the big budget into small time original series that lwa aside, no one will fcking remember

also i mean OPM manga was already quite popular tho not to this extent b4 the anime anyways,
if it wasnt, yusuke murata wouldnt redraw the web comic ver
/shrug
Nov 25, 2017 6:16 PM

Apr 2016
I go with Studio 4°C. I have never pulled much enjoyment from any of their work, except their music video Extra since it was damn trippy for when it was made (still aged badly).

Sometimes you just gotta realize that you can't watch every
anime you want to. The struggle is far too real for that.
Nov 25, 2017 6:34 PM

Apr 2015
Manga Entertainment is pretty much dead nowadays, especially in the US. But I don't think they're the worst licensor. Aniplex of America gets that crown.

Illumitoon is dead now, but they were absolutely hysterical. They blatantly made fake accounts on Anime News Network's forums to defend Beet the Vandel Buster after they gave it a bad review.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Nov 25, 2017 6:39 PM

Sep 2017
The first one to come to mind is Pierrot.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18? ( 1 2 )

bluefin2004 - Yesterday

56 by WatchTillTandava »»
1 minute ago

» Would you rather watch Anime blind or deaf?

Dragevard - 19 minutes ago

4 by Ratris_Decision »»
2 minutes ago

» Why do people complain about "rapey" characters in anime?

Alpha_1_Zero - 2 hours ago

2 by MadanielFL »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you perfer Split Cour or Consecutive Cour?

animegamer245 - 3 hours ago

14 by WatchTillTandava »»
7 minutes ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase?

Catalano - Yesterday

48 by AzafuseKingTora »»
12 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.