Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Inuyashiki
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Nov 25, 2017 2:12 AM

Dec 2015
0 IQ character development right there.
~
Nov 25, 2017 4:48 AM
Jul 2018
HereticHunter said:
Quexlaw said:
I don't really get the people who think Hiro had a change of heart or that his "character development" was way too fast.

You guys simply don't understand the character that is Hiro. Hiro is apathetic to almost everyone aside from the select few that give his life purpose. He is the very embodiment of the youth that feels like life has no meaning, much like a lot of youths nowadays.
His mother was the only person he really cared for, but he didn't take her into account when he went and tried to find his own humanity in killing people after he became a robot. He went from "life heaving no meaning" to questioning himself whether he was still a "human" or not and tried to compensate and answer this question by killing people.

So when she was gone, he had no purpose anymore, so he went on another killing spree. When he felt that Shion wouldn't give up on him, he filled the void that his mother left with Shion (and her grandma in a way). I don't remember if much else was said about Shishigami's mother in the manga, but I think that Shishigami now doesn't even care about his mother anymore, as he has "pushed" her out of his emotional core.

Now that Shion is his purpose, he acts to make her happy; he doesn't care about the well being of the people he cures, just like he doesn't care about the people he killed. That's why he asked Shion if that makes her happy.
He had exactly zero change of character. It's just that his character is a well written one, one that isn't one dimensional. One that is heavily flawed, just like real humans.

He hasn't become a hero, and he never was evil either; you don't care for the bugs you crush beneath your feet, right? At least, I guess most of you don't. Or for the people that create our clothing under horrible working conditions.
Same for Hiro. He doesn't care for "people". Only for certain, chosen individuals.
And even then, once Shishigame loses contact, he cuts them off from his own heart.
It happened with Andou first, then with his mother. The second Andou said he didn't want anything to do with Shishigami anymore was the moment Shishigami abandoned his own emotions regarding Andou.

This is just a surface level description of his character, but I hope that some of you get another perspective on Hiro as a character.

But he never did that for Andou. His character development is full of inconsistencies and it is way too fast paced, it also denies any logic. If the development of him were handled with care, things would have been differently. Problem is not how he behaves, but the lackluster development. Case Closed.

Andou had been his friend and in the moment he chose to get away from Hiro, Hiro accepted like a reasonable person... A poster said before that Hiro has no integrity but he has--but again like has been said many times, this also is only expressed to people he cares about.
Hiro must still care for Andou but logically if Andou were to try and get in his way Hiro could not let--but this'd depend on his state of mind. Like I said, now that he's some god, things matter little to him.

It appears to be fast-paced yeah but apparently it's to do with the nature of the manga. A poster said it didn't have much dialogue in it and that due to this, a larger amount of chapters could've adapted per episode.

So um, I gotta state that there's logic. Much. And that you've not proven there not having, therefore I find it irritating that you just spout it like that.

The problem people are having with Hiro is due to lack of prior knowledge about a character like him. If they made the effort to understand, they could, and it should've been easy. I, like other posters who understood Hiro well enough, already gave the examples that'd help them understand.

Nov 25, 2017 5:22 AM

Apr 2015
wait, how the police know his place again?? damn...
this episode somehow light-hearted though, like it
hope nothing bad happen to Shion and her grandma
Nov 25, 2017 6:44 AM

May 2015
Ahh, I hated the clingy bitch in the manga. Seeing her brought to life in anime form was an assault on my eyes and ears. This episode was a chore to watch because of her.
Nov 25, 2017 8:41 AM

Jun 2017
Hiro's change of modus operandi has been discussed well enough, so I'm gonna add a new discussion.

Everyone's talking about Hiro facing the consequences of his actions. Specifically, how? He can survive a nuclear strike, he can pass through the world's strongest maximum security prison either by computer hacking or brute force, psychological pain does not sound like a very safe option when you can't physically restrain him from obliterating the planet. What punishment could humans actually deal him?
Nov 25, 2017 9:27 AM

Dec 2016
Every time he does something good cops are here..
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Nov 25, 2017 9:43 AM

May 2016
This episode was surprisingly uplifting.

Shishigami is on a mission of redemption, healing 50+ people, however he did still kill all those lives and each and every life is special and unique with their own goals; so he will never truly be fully redeemed. I also worry he isn't doing it because it is intrinsically good and more so just to make him look good, or so he can use it as an excuse for his killings.

I just hope he doesn't turn back to killing again, but with the officials at his door, I feel he may again....

Nov 25, 2017 9:45 AM

Feb 2016
Rehls said:
HereticHunter said:
But he never did that for Andou. His character development is full of inconsistencies and it is way too fast paced, it also denies any logic. If the development of him were handled with care, things would have been differently. Problem is not how he behaves, but the lackluster development. Case Closed.

Andou had been his friend and in the moment he chose to get away from Hiro, Hiro accepted like a reasonable person... A poster said before that Hiro has no integrity but he has--but again like has been said many times, this also is only expressed to people he cares about.
Hiro must still care for Andou but logically if Andou were to try and get in his way Hiro could not let--but this'd depend on his state of mind. Like I said, now that he's some god, things matter little to him.

It appears to be fast-paced yeah but apparently it's to do with the nature of the manga. A poster said it didn't have much dialogue in it and that due to this, a larger amount of chapters could've adapted per episode.

So um, I gotta state that there's logic. Much. And that you've not proven there not having, therefore I find it irritating that you just spout it like that.

The problem people are having with Hiro is due to lack of prior knowledge about a character like him. If they made the effort to understand, they could, and it should've been easy. I, like other posters who understood Hiro well enough, already gave the examples that'd help them understand.

Do I have to say it again? problem is not his behavior, but the lackluster development from Mappa (and maybe the source too) it lefts much to be desired, I have seen other characters that act like some sort of God until they meet a certain someone that change their lives, one example is Meruem from Hunter x Hunter, and it was developed successfully. Problem with Inuyashiki is that things goes way too fast, and it makes it look like they don't even care about it
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Nov 25, 2017 10:25 AM

Apr 2015
Can't really decipher Curly's character, what she's thinking, what she feels, a little unfathomable for me

Conversely I feel Shishigami's character is a great representation of a sociopath. Never met one so can't say if it's accurate, but at least according to my past knowledge. He's a well written character and I buy into the posts here or in r that suggest he didn't change one bit
Nov 25, 2017 1:54 PM

Feb 2013
Killer becomes a healer.
He doesn't seem to care one way or the other.
Nov 25, 2017 2:30 PM

Feb 2016
Time for some "Bang Bang, Dadadadadada" Next episode
Nov 26, 2017 6:11 AM

May 2015
I gave grandma fart 10/10.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Nov 26, 2017 7:30 AM
Jul 2018
HereticHunter said:
Rehls said:

Do I have to say it again? problem is not his behavior, but the lackluster development from Mappa (and maybe the source too) it lefts much to be desired, I have seen other characters that act like some sort of God until they meet a certain someone that change their lives, one example is Meruem from Hunter x Hunter, and it was developed successfully. Problem with Inuyashiki is that things goes way too fast, and it makes it look like they don't even care about it

I'm gonna just point out that this 'lackluster development' can be viewed in a positive way. Like someone mentioned how they wanted the show to expand more on Ichirou's family issues, which the story might not even go more into--or if so--not much. What I've been feeling about this show is this...sense of normality. We know it's been striving to be realistic- Hell, I googled its manga once and saw...a famous real-world person in a panel. So yeah, development appearing to be scarce makes it typical of reality. For an obvious and simple example, think of friends and how much we don't see of them--they develop in the 'background'--next time we see them, we often and normally feel surprised at how they might've changed, as naturally we weren't witnessing it. So yeah, this feeling I've been getting from the show is pretty familiar for this reason and I can appreciate it. It's probably not too intended but more due to the inability on the producers' (besides limitations) part in expanding more on the story, though--as like was mentioned, the manga had little dialogue.
Nov 26, 2017 8:05 AM

Nov 2017
But why you gotta do us like that man !?
One second I wanna kill the guy, then I feel bad for him, then I like him, then I feel bad for him again. Stop playing with my feelings like that !
Nov 26, 2017 10:02 AM

Feb 2016
Rehls said:
HereticHunter said:

I'm gonna just point out that this 'lackluster development' can be viewed in a positive way. Like someone mentioned how they wanted the show to expand more on Ichirou's family issues, which the story might not even go more into--or if so--not much. What I've been feeling about this show is this...sense of normality. We know it's been striving to be realistic- Hell, I googled its manga once and saw...a famous real-world person in a panel. So yeah, development appearing to be scarce makes it typical of reality. For an obvious and simple example, think of friends and how much we don't see of them--they develop in the 'background'--next time we see them, we often and normally feel surprised at how they might've changed, as naturally we weren't witnessing it. So yeah, this feeling I've been getting from the show is pretty familiar for this reason and I can appreciate it. It's probably not too intended but more due to the inability on the producers' (besides limitations) part in expanding more on the story, though--as like was mentioned, the manga had little dialogue.

I feel like we are speaking different languages, I'm not against how has he developed, but the lack of proper development, I'm not really asking to have a 100+ episodes development or something like that, but just don't make it that abrupt, I just can't take it seriously when Hiro kills, then he stops and starts caring about someone, but he kills again because shit happens, but suddenly he cares about someone else and then now he stops killing again (and now death flags rises again with that cliffhanger) in less than 3 episodes, that's very abrupt, specially when it happens very fast, it also kills the moment. So let's call it a day and agree to disagree because I won't change my mind that easily (that friends background development example was really absurd, are you really comparing friends to an automaton?)
~Blackwall
Nov 26, 2017 11:52 AM
Jul 2018
HereticHunter said:
Rehls said:

I feel like we are speaking different languages, I'm not against how has he developed, but the lack of proper development, I'm not really asking to have a 100+ episodes development or something like that, but just don't make it that abrupt, I just can't take it seriously when Hiro kills, then he stops and starts caring about someone, but he kills again because shit happens, but suddenly he cares about someone else and then now he stops killing again (and now death flags rises again with that cliffhanger) in less than 3 episodes, that's very abrupt, specially when it happens very fast, it also kills the moment. So let's call it a day and agree to disagree because I won't change my mind that easily (that friends background development example was really absurd, are you really comparing friends to an automaton?)

Well what, though. Weren't you meaning to say 'filling the gaps'? So you saw these 'gaps' that made the development appear lackluster. It's to do with this. You saw that the 'bread lacked fillings'; that there wasn't enough content. You must've misunderstood me because I said 'expanding more'--but I was meaning just what I mentioned above, not more episodes.

So if there was more development the picture would be clearer to most.

Again, like I said, the problem appears to be that some viewers lack prior knowledge. Like I responded to someone that thought Ichirou's children were in the wrong to demonstrate a negative attitude towards him when he brought the dog. But then I responded that it was a selfish decision of him in the first place (as he hasn't warned them, besides everything else involved with taking care of dogs).

But I'd say that this show don't require as much development as it's mostly realistic. I consider it objectively better for there to be more, but this story in particular isn't so obligated to, unlike one whose most events would normally be considered unfamiliar to most viewers.

Oh again what. I was referring to how we're not able to be too close to people we know, therefore not witnessing some of their development.

But yeah we stop replying when we feel it's time to.
Nov 26, 2017 5:15 PM

Feb 2016
Rehls said:

A lot of words

Oh again what. I was referring to how we're not able to be too close to people we know, therefore not witnessing some of their development.

what I meant is that you could have included a better example than that, Anyway, thanks for your patience, even tho Hiro and all that isn't entirely the problem, we got to the point that maybe more development would be a bit better and maybe not, but that depends on the viewer and their demands, for me it lacks a bit, for others it doesn't.
~Blackwall
Nov 26, 2017 5:43 PM

Nov 2015
Axelucard said:
now Hiro is a good guy?! that's not how shit works he killed people he's a villain period

Well his name is Hiro that sounds like Hero.
His parents gave him the wrong name.
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Nov 27, 2017 6:06 AM

Jul 2014
At this point, if Hiiro became an immortal it would be best if he does his current job in saving people. Because I don't see anyone except robo grandpa who can kill him now. Instead of restraining him for the rest of his life, it would be wiser to use him to stop all the conflicts in the world.

All in all, I'm supporting what Hiiro has done by curing people's diseases to redeem himself. Atleast Japan now solved the declining population problem.
Nov 27, 2017 11:39 AM

Nov 2016
Oh that cliffhanger! I'm guessing something tragic will happen and hiro will start doing bang bang x)

I think it's great that Hiro is helping and saving lives :)
Nov 27, 2017 11:37 PM

May 2017
lol who's gonna be the antagonist now if he stays good? Welp here comes the cops again, He never learns lol doesn't care if people sees him flying in and out or worries about CCTVs or even doing anything about it

I'm worried for Shion, poor cinnamon roll, granma is legit gonna die, farts are death flags pubes-chan don't die
Nov 28, 2017 5:49 AM
Jul 2018
I think next episode will be: "well, that escalated quickly''
Bang! bang! for sure.
Nov 29, 2017 12:08 AM
Jul 2015
An entire episode of Hiro? Fuck me. I've finally realised that he's literally just a doll. A lifeless doll with no meaning, no motive, nothing. Just existing to sway whichever way the author wants him to. He's good, he's bad, he's good, he's bad. Not one person looked at him and went, "Hey, it's that mass murderer that kills men, women, and children. I should follow him in this alleyway and not call the cops."
Next episode swat comes in to fuck shit up, maybe kills someone. Hiro goes back to being evil and him and inuyashiki have their final showdown. *sigh*
Nov 29, 2017 6:43 AM
Jan 2016
Paulo27 said:
prrgangsta said:
When I heard Hiro say "I will save as many as I have killed." all I could think was "NO that is not how this works, you have killed people who cannot be replaced and saving as many will not wash away those sins."

He deserves everything coming his way.
Definitely shouldn't have an easy life and definitely shouldn't be praised but seriously denying him the opportunity to help people? Hell, even if he got to live an easy life, you're gonna deny those people the help anyway? What's that gonna give anyone? And what's making him get what's coming to him help anyone too?
You can kill 100 completely random people and that's it (and risk potentially killing more when the killing machine dude goes out of control yet again) OR you can kill 100 completely random people potentially save thousands sick ones. I feel like that's a no brainer.
Obviously, wanting the situation to happen in the first place or not is gonna be more debatable.

I'd be for it if say Inuyashiki wasn't already helping people but he is and this dude killed children. CHILDREN! I don't give a fuck how many he helps, dude needs to be taken down after spilling the blood of innocent men, women, and kids.

I hope Inuyashiki rips him to pieces.
Nov 29, 2017 8:56 AM

Mar 2015
YO why do they still wanna stay in Japan, just fly to another country together or something and kinda change their look or something
Gin-chan said:
Anime - it's not something that can be thought of in a hall for conferences. It is made out of strange juices current from the brain of animators.
Nov 29, 2017 11:05 AM

Jun 2015

Too bad the next episode is predictable as hell, task force gonna shoot purbe girl and Hiro gonna start killing again.
Nov 29, 2017 12:39 PM

Mar 2014
Cool episode. I don't know how to feel about Hiro. He kills, he saves. I like his character exactly because he makes me feel conflicted. I certainly don't think he's a good guy, but I don't think he's inherently evil either. He doesn't feel anything most of the time. He is not even pretending to be Jesus and saving those people because he wants to or out of repentance but rather because it's what makes Shion happy. The people he killed will never come back though. Anyway, seems like Hiro really cares about his close ones and those who show genuine affection for him, which is a singular likeable feature.
Nov 30, 2017 3:33 AM

Mar 2015
Meh. I don't like where this series is going.
Nov 30, 2017 8:42 PM

Aug 2015
It was OK. the government can never stay with crossed hands huh.

Dec 1, 2017 9:10 PM

Jan 2013
Well, for sure i wasn't expecting this. So Hiro is trying to be a good guy? Kinda to late but at least he is helping people.
I wonder what will happen now, like how everything will evolve, but i think that ending shows us clearly what will happen next xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Dec 2, 2017 5:16 PM
Jul 2018
I am confused

Girl prob going to die soon
Dec 3, 2017 8:31 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
a great HIro transformation now is an "angel"!!! but the past, the dark past is there, and it will probably in the next episode he will have a confrontment with the Police again!!!
Dec 5, 2017 7:33 AM

Feb 2017
I can see they tried a little bit to hard to be emotional. Also I really don't know where is Hiro's character going. He's doing good stuff now, but basically he's still the same. Right now he doesn't have any clear goal (apart from surviving and maybe protecting the pubes girl) and there's not even any conflict for him. He's doesn't have any internal struggle or even anyone to oppose him (we'll see...). Still, I really liked the second half. It was cute. Interested to see what's gonna happen.
Dec 5, 2017 4:44 PM
Jun 2013
This was a nice change of pace. I always enjoy seeing romance bloom...BUT, I'm not just gonna forget about all those killings! And I also think the girl's attraction for Hiro has been a bit unnatural (to say the least) and find it ridiculous she was able to come to terms with him killing all those people so fast. I mean, asking him to stay with them forever? really? What is she, ten? Cmon.
Dec 6, 2017 8:21 AM

Nov 2013
Someone's got money, to be able to afford all that Accuphase audiophile gear in the room where Shishigami is staying.
Dec 6, 2017 9:38 AM

Aug 2013
As soon as Hiro decides to stop killing the police appears.

If Shion and her grandmother die then he'll just go back to killing.

Dec 11, 2017 5:17 PM

Jun 2013
That man jumping in front of the train to kill himself is probably a slight reference to how Kurono Kei and Masaru Kato died in Gantz. There were some people who took photos of them on their phone too.

Also, I don't believe that ONE incident made Hiro a psychopath, he's always been that way. Some people have latent psychopathic tendencies that surface depending on the situation or their past experiences.

Shion and Hiro are both crybabies with snot coming from their noses, they're a perfect match but they have a flatulent grandmother.

Now, Hiro's saving lives. It's good for the people he saved but that doesn't erase the fact he murdered many others and will continue to murder. He has a child-like mentality where he destroys things when he doesn't get his way. Murdering people for no absolute reason other than "because he can" is not a fucking mistake.

He's not doing it because he wants to help anyone, he's doing it because it's making Shion happy. If Shion wanted him to kill people, he'd do it too.

BTW, the clothes being ripped off from his back is pretty funny. He looks like he's starting a trend with backless clothes.
臭い-
Dec 20, 2017 3:19 AM

Mar 2014
I kind of hate how they're setting up Hiro as a sympathetic character, but maybe that's not the case... maybe they're just trying to show that he doesn't have any morals even when doing good deeds.

Note the scene where he asks Shion "Does this stuff move you?" almost as though he can't tell for himself. He doesn't feel anything when killing or when curing people of fatal diseases. He's cold-blooded in both cases.

The cliffhanger was pretty intense, too.
::End of Transmission::

Dec 26, 2017 11:23 AM

May 2012
That's quite the turn around, but boy that cliffhanger ending! Really looking forwards to see what's next.
Jan 4, 2018 7:29 AM

Mar 2014
Best anime I've ever watched ♥ ♥ ♥
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 4, 2018 7:36 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
it was easy to la police, because he leaves a trace with the money, also we didn´t watch!!!
Jan 4, 2018 7:51 AM

Mar 2012
Fuck this show lmao. I'm supposed to believe that this kid would be fine harboring a mass murderer that has slaughtered children and now the guy is turning a new leaf after all that? Oh boy.
Jan 8, 2018 8:26 AM

Jul 2016
Shion is part of the Tumbr TCC lmao
Jan 14, 2018 5:23 PM

Dec 2010
Hiro should already change his hair and face, he has no fingerprints probably so where is the problem? Oh, he does not give a shit, thats the problem.

He is NOT a good guy, he want and never will be. He has no place to stay so he accepted the girl`s offer. Mainly because the girl still liked him after he showed her that he is a robot and a killer. He needs to feel alive and some people that see him as a human are helping with this.

Jordanious77_2 said:

This episode was amazing character development. It annoys me that people in this community are so quick to hate and too stupid to understand these basic concepts so aren't actually enjoying the show as much as they could be. The worst part is some of these idiots not understanding the show will then look down on you for enjoying "such a badly written show".

Ohhh welll

Good post, thank you.
Jan 16, 2018 11:12 PM

May 2013
Pube-Head is a really mean nickname >:/ her and her grandma are very nice to Hiro. I hope they aren't killed for helping a criminal, but... I got a bad feeling... /sobs TTATT

Seems Hiro isn't able to take away his bad karma even when he offsets it with good deeds... :'(
Jan 20, 2018 7:02 AM

Jan 2015
Suddenly Hiro turned out a hero. I am curious now more for the next episode.
Jan 21, 2018 5:25 PM

Sep 2013
I like how the mangaka is kind of making a comment on how people view what they read online as fantasy. We keep getting snippets of background characters chatting good-naturedly or even laughing about the deaths of Hiro's victims. They seem to think the whole thing is just an amusing anecdote. Something to talk about while walking home from school or during a coffee break as if it were a fictional crime drama on tv. They don't see the victims as real people, much in the same way Hiro doesn't. He doesn't see a person's value unless he knows them personally. Likewise, people reading about the deaths online aren't personally moved by the killings because the victims aren't people they know irl. Even Shion is ultimately unmoved by the killings. she idolizes Hiro for some weird reason and is willing to overlook his crimes. Inuyashiki, on the other hand, is not really computer savvy. He doesn't get his information from online. He lives life through actual experiences. As a result, he still has a full range of human empathy and emotion.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jan 24, 2018 8:13 AM

Feb 2015
A lot of people didn't really like this episode mainly because Hiro seemed out of character but I personally really enjoyed it, it showed us how Hiro doesn't really have a moral compass, he just does what he feels like doing, in this case the only reason he was curing people was to make the girl happy.
Jan 26, 2018 6:08 AM

Aug 2016
So he's decided to save people. But it doesn't change the fact that he is still a wanted criminal.

Set by SenpieX
Jan 27, 2018 10:36 AM

Dec 2015
Well isn't that nice Hiro is trying out some good ol' fashioned redemption. Shion's too lovestruck but alrighty then. Good to see Hiro trying to be a hero. Now that he's learned his lesson nothing can go possibly wro- oh great the squad is here. Sigh Wonder how Inuyahsiki is doing?
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2017

393 by reveluvie0 »»
Apr 21, 5:36 PM

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2017

381 by TokyoGhoulRemake »»
Apr 18, 3:05 PM

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2017

159 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 17, 9:29 PM

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2017

330 by RafaKojiro »»
Apr 17, 9:19 PM

Poll: » Inuyashiki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2017

392 by TokyoGhoulRemake »»
Apr 17, 3:18 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.