New
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Oct 19, 2017 5:37 AM

Aug 2014
theres no such thing as bad taste genius

yeah your taste is garbage it makes me puke
Oct 19, 2017 5:42 AM

Aug 2015
If this is what you like then don't stop liking it because others don't. The only bad taste in anime is not liking anime at all.
Oct 19, 2017 5:45 AM

Apr 2015
Taste is objective. For some objective reason based on chemical reastions and responses in your brain and synapses, you derive enjoyment from these series. Quality of taste is subjective, and it's an attempt to put an arbitrary 'good' and 'bad' label on these reactions.

It doesn't matter what people think.
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
Oct 19, 2017 5:57 AM

Mar 2015
Maneki-Mew said:
Kuma said:

dude, how i am a weeb when i literaly life from rice field?

Doesn't matter. Anime fan + rice, sushi and ramen = weeb taste *eats sushi right now* Weeb taste.

hey, my culture is not a weeb...

FMmatron said:
Kuma said:

RICE>>>>>>>>>>>>BREAD

you weak stomach uncultured pole...

Indeed,rice is truly the superior way of consuming carbs.

finnaly a people who get enlighted...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Oct 19, 2017 6:01 AM

Dec 2008
The only thing I share you with is Re: Zero.

The Good: Rem, Ram, Emilia.

The Bad: Main Character, Subaro doesn't change.

Questions need answers:
1. What explanation lies behind Subaro going to another world?
2. What magic that brings him back to life?
3. Why Reinhard didn't use his Dragon Sword Reid and when is he gonna use it?
4. When Subaro gonna get stronger?
5. Where is Elsa Granhiert?
6. Can Subaro return to his world?
7. Is Emilia related to "The Witch"?

I'm gonna regret if checked its manga/novel.
Oct 19, 2017 6:04 AM

Jan 2016
WTF, Just dont care about people opinion OP.

Like what you like.
Oct 19, 2017 6:05 AM

Oct 2015
There are a plenty great Isekai/ Fantasy MMORPG which didn't have an anime adaptation yet. Yeah nothing wrong with Isekai.
Oct 19, 2017 6:06 AM

Sep 2017
Yes, you have a bad taste. But the important question is: did you enjoy those anime? If so, then I don't see any problem here.

“If you live for yourself you’ve only got yourself to blame. So I can’t really blame anyone else and I don’t have any regrets.”

list

Oct 19, 2017 6:08 AM

Oct 2015
ArabianLuffy said:

Questions need answers:

That's why we need the season 2 . But I can see some people really throw they salt when this happen.
Oct 19, 2017 6:33 AM
Oct 2013
It´s taste, it can´t be wrong.

If you acknowledge the flaws and like it despite them you´re better than any fanboy or hater.
Oct 19, 2017 6:42 AM

Feb 2010
To me bad taste is much more defined by what you dislike than what you can enjoy. The more stuff you can enjoy the better for you, I won't judge. But if you hate and shit on legitimately great shows because you are unable to see their merit or even appreciate them then yes, your taste is irredeemable :>
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 19, 2017 6:47 AM

Apr 2014
Who cares?
Do you watch anime for your enjoyment or to look for other people's attention?
Oct 19, 2017 6:47 AM

Mar 2016
There are only a few isekai animes that are good, most of them are bad and SAO is definitely one of them
Oct 19, 2017 6:49 AM

Mar 2016
No..you can like whatever type of anime..why do you worry about your anime taste? I don't understand..
Forum set made by Sereshay

Oct 19, 2017 6:53 AM

Oct 2017
Who gives a shit watch whatever you want. Love it, hate it. That's up to you.
Oct 19, 2017 7:51 AM

Jan 2014
SAO kind of went downhill imo. I liked Re:Zero for what it was. Re:Zero actually has a high score, so the people that trash talk it are in the minority, but they are very vocal about their opinion so you tend to think a lot of people hate it. Depends who you ask. A basic rule about something that gets more popular is that it will also get more haters as well as fans; that's just how fame works.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Oct 19, 2017 8:23 AM

Jun 2011
I don't think so. You like what you like. Go hang with others who also like those things. It is nice.
The anime community in a nutshell.
Oct 19, 2017 8:25 AM

Nov 2011
Nah of course not. Everyone has different taste. It's always more worth it to watch what you enjoy than what the community deems as "good"

Oct 19, 2017 8:56 AM
Feb 2014
Better than Pingu, Neo Yokio, and Rick and Morty which seems to be the prevailing trifecta amongst MAL users calling OP's taste "shit."
Oct 19, 2017 9:54 AM

Sep 2015
Maneki-Mew said:

Tonysol67 said:
yes
isekai is objectively the worst set of fantasy

give me romp high fantasy any day

Excuse me!?
https://myanimelist.net/anime/153/Juuni_Kokuki
https://myanimelist.net/anime/552/Digimon_Adventure - we all loved it, don't deny it.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/31859/Hai_to_Gensou_no_Grimgar

never watched the 1st one.
re watched digimon during high school, and it was ok at best.
the characters in grimgar were as interesting as a plank of wood.
N.etorare T.echnical R.esearcher
Oct 19, 2017 9:59 AM
May 2017
If you like these shows but can't see their flaws, then yes your taste is trash.

In other words, if you think SAO is better than HxH, etc.
Kuma said:
dude, how i am a weeb when i literaly life from rice field?
Ore wa ochinchi ga daiski nandayo?
TaifoodOct 19, 2017 10:07 AM
Oct 19, 2017 10:01 AM

Sep 2016
No, liking anime that are widely considered as "bad" isn't shit taste. As long as you have the good taste of respecting other people's taste, that is.
Don't feel insecure about what you like, it can be dangerous for you, especially on a site like mal where everyone and their mom will criticize the fuck out of your taste.
Oct 19, 2017 10:09 AM

Apr 2017
It isn't just your taste that is trash, it is your whole existence which is trash.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 19, 2017 11:04 AM
Teto

Sep 2017
Kenny_Stryker said:
Title says it all.

I like isekais anime. Do I have a bad taste in anime?

My favorite genres are: Fantasy + Romance + (Magic/School/Harem)

You can't say someone has a bad taste just because you don't like it. In my opinion if unlike what you watch you have a good taste.
I like the same genres as you(Fantasy+Harem+Romance+comedy)
Oct 19, 2017 11:40 AM

Mar 2016
BlackFIFA19 said:
I can recommend you a shit ton of Isekai novels if youre interested! i mean Light Novel adaptions are always trash compared too the source so its better to just read the source instead of watching the Anime, also probably the biggest reason why the genre is hated since the adaptions are all garbage! and because of those garbage adaptions no one even tries the source, or only the manga version, which is also trash compared to the LN!

The Spice & Wolf and No Game No Life adaptations are straight fire.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 19, 2017 11:46 AM

Nov 2014
Saying that you like them is not wrong, saying that they're good is wrong
Though if you rate your anime solely on enjoyment then i guess everything can be good
Oct 19, 2017 11:48 AM

Mar 2017
Cladocera said:
Nope, nope and nope. Don't ever say such thing. "Taste" are neither "good" or "bad", only "different". That aside, don't be upset or start hating on the anime you liked just because some ah saying you have "shit taste". Try to watch as many as you can, enjoy whatever you like, don't refuse an anime just because people say "it's bad".
Your enjoyment is what matters.

Thanks! I was just a little insecure about my taste in anime. You made me feel better. Much love.
Oct 19, 2017 11:57 AM

Nov 2016
That's the past bro (except for Re:zero, maybe). At our time, if you don't like Pingu it seems like your taste are bad.

Joking aside, I don't like SAO, though the first episodes were... "watchable." People like whatever they want, but if it's just for shouting out loud that Kirito is so cool 'cause he beats everybody and girls love him, that's maybe less appreciable.
Oct 19, 2017 11:59 AM

Mar 2017
For those who are wondering that if I'm saying that: "SAO is the best thing to ever happen to anime industry, etc, etc."

Then, no. I'm not saying that. I could still point out several flaws/plot holes in SAO (or general isekais), but I choose to ignore them and continue enjoying the anime. Ex:-

Moreover, my choices are limited as well. Since most of the anime do not get a dubbed version, I can't watch them. (I despise subs, because I'm dyslexic and I can't read them. No offense to subbed-anime community)

Re:Zero is one of the very few subbed anime that I've watched.

Although, there are certain anime that are not isekai, but I'd still choose them over any isekai. Like:-

Eureka Seven - My #1 top anime, and I'm real hyped for their trilogy.
Code Geass - In my top tens, and I'm patiently waiting for S3.
Kenny_StrykerOct 19, 2017 12:03 PM
Oct 19, 2017 12:09 PM

Sep 2016
First off, don't give a shit about what other people say about your preferences, if you've read the story of the old man, his son and the donkey you'll know exactly what I mean,

But if you DO care, here we go:

It's Isekai, and since SAO released in 2012 (?) All Isekai is shit. Simple. Now obviously there are exceptions but that's like finding a needle in a haystack. If you like these anime for the Isekai aspect then your taste is the equivalent of a horny teen who watches anime for the fanservice (no offense to all fanservice lovers, I'm talking about those who watch Isekai for that purpose).

Isekai and Romance are like Oil and Water. Never expect a good anime to come out of an Isekai Romance. SAO had nothing good, Re Zero only had Rem to save it from it's horrible fate. Isekais in general are unfortunately in the spotlight mainly because they appeal to the unfortunately large amount of horny teens who watch Isekai for the purpose of seeing an OP character get all the girls for absolutely no reason and channel their pathetic fantasies through that. The other side is of the "I wanna save everyone bc I have a kind heart" type. The type which also gets all the girls after him, a dense shithead who doesn't know jack about love.

To summarise, Isekai is shit. To answer your question it depends on your purpose like I said before, if you like the romance part of it, stop with the Isekai and start watching authentic romances. And if you like the Isekai Harem Ecchi Romance part, sadly your taste is shit.

Now I know if you've seen my profile you'll know how much of a high rater I am (and the fact that I adore RomComs) to which my counter is that they're not Isekai. As much as I love RomComs and Ecchi and Harem, I rarely ever like it when it's an Isekai. One Isekai anime done right in my opinion was Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari but that was before SAO came and destroyed the once great genre.
Oct 19, 2017 5:33 PM

Feb 2017
Why do you see the need to get an opinion on this.

Some weebs or should i saw viewers from the anime community cant appreciate certain styles. they are very decisive on what they pick and choose and besides some animes dont stand out the most because they aren't very well understood. Some you could say the writers failed on but what if thats what he tried to portray, those viewers cant see what the writer i really trying to show and end of there arguments with your taste is shit.

If you like something you like, i mean i cant seem to pick my favourite anime. I like all sorts.

Your Taste is perfectly fine, its your taste.
Oct 19, 2017 6:17 PM

Feb 2010
ArabianLuffy said:

Questions need answers:

"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Oct 19, 2017 6:19 PM
Feb 2017
Yes, you're taste is bad.
But don't worry there are tons of other people that like the same shit you do.
Oct 19, 2017 6:28 PM
otp haver ๐Ÿคช

Jul 2017
It's not necessarily bad but can you pinpoint what you like about them? Can you explain why it's good to someone.

Oct 19, 2017 6:41 PM

Jul 2013
Not exactly, but with your taste, you're like more popular among teenagers than the older animation crowd.
Oct 19, 2017 6:59 PM

Feb 2015
Kenny_Stryker said:
Title says it all.

I personally despise SAO and believe it is way overrated but I really love Re:Zero so I would say its just a difference in opinion just like the rest of the anime community.
Oct 19, 2017 7:36 PM

Oct 2012
Yasaal said:
First off, don't give a shit about what other people say about your preferences, if you've read the story of the old man, his son and the donkey you'll know exactly what I mean,

It's Isekai, and since SAO released in 2012 (?) All Isekai is shit. Simple. Now obviously there are exceptions but that's like finding a needle in a haystack. If you like these anime for the Isekai aspect then your taste is the equivalent of a horny teen who watches anime for the fanservice (no offense to all fanservice lovers, I'm talking about those who watch Isekai for that purpose).

Isekai and Romance are like Oil and Water. Never expect a good anime to come out of an Isekai Romance. SAO had nothing good, Re Zero only had Rem to save it from it's horrible fate. Isekais in general are unfortunately in the spotlight mainly because they appeal to the unfortunately large amount of horny teens who watch Isekai for the purpose of seeing an OP character get all the girls for absolutely no reason and channel their pathetic fantasies through that. The other side is of the "I wanna save everyone bc I have a kind heart" type. The type which also gets all the girls after him, a dense shithead who doesn't know jack about love.

To summarise, Isekai is shit. To answer your question it depends on your purpose like I said before, if you like the romance part of it, stop with the Isekai and start watching authentic romances. And if you like the Isekai Harem Ecchi Romance part, sadly your taste is shit.

Now I know if you've seen my profile you'll know how much of a high rater I am (and the fact that I adore RomComs) to which my counter is that they're not Isekai. As much as I love RomComs and Ecchi and Harem, I rarely ever like it when it's an Isekai. One Isekai anime done right in my opinion was Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari but that was before SAO came and destroyed the once great genre.

The only good Isekai's are MT and Shieldbro, imo. Re:Zero is pretty good conceptually, but it plays out closer to a deconstruction than anything else. Unfortunately MT will never get a comprehensive adaption, but Shieldbro has an adaption in the works.
FontSize72LOLOct 20, 2017 4:36 AM
Oct 19, 2017 9:02 PM

Mar 2015
You don't have just ordinary bad taste, it's FUBR at this point.
Oct 19, 2017 9:49 PM

Mar 2017
I'd say 50%+ affinity to me is a plus.

"๐“•๐“ธ๐“ป ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ,
๐“ฎ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ท ๐“ฏ๐“ช๐“ต๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฝ๐“ธ
๐“—๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ต
๐“ฒ๐“ผ ๐“ท๐“ธ๐“ฝ ๐“ฎ๐“ท๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ฐ๐“ฑ."
๐“๐“ท๐“ฒ๐“ถ๐“ฎ ๐“›๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฝ | ๐“œ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ช ๐“›๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฝ
Oct 19, 2017 10:40 PM

Dec 2015
Does it matter what other people think of your tastes? I personally think SAO had its good points but fell short of being a 'good' title, yet at the same time there must be something said for all the people who do like it.

Isekai isn't an inherently bad genre, it just tends to be overused to the point of the ideas becoming redundant and lackluster for some like me. Case in point, I like Log Horizon because it explores so much of the lore of the world and its mechanics, which interest me more than just the characters and any possible romance.

xx0:44 โ”€๐Ÿ”˜โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ 04:44x
โ—€ xxxxxxxxx โšโš xxxxxxxxx โ–บxxxx
Oct 19, 2017 11:00 PM

Mar 2012
Kenny_Stryker said:
Title says it all.

Taste is something unique to you, just like I don't like some types of food and another person does. However, I would like to add to that statement that if I look at it from a creative writing point of view alongside directing and proper character introduction and plot flow. Yes, those shows are objectively bad, but it doesn't mean they can't be enjoyed.
Oct 19, 2017 11:22 PM
Jun 2016
yeah it really does. go watch a REAL anime, kiddo.
'ate gundam
Oct 20, 2017 12:30 AM

Sep 2015
Isekai is just an overused setting you can't really say that the story as a whole is shit just because of it's setting but really I hope they'd think of a different setting besides isekai I mean look how many isekai light novels out there.
Oct 20, 2017 4:03 AM

Sep 2016
FontSize72LOL said:
Yasaal said:

The only good Isekai's are MT and Shieldbro, imo. Re:Zero is pretty good conceptually, but it plays out closer to a deconstruction than anything else. Unfortunately MT will never get a comprehensive adaption, but Shieldbro has one in the works.

That's good to know. But to expect it to save the Isekai genre remains a mountainous task, but it is still possible. I'll keep an eye out for it when it releases and hopefully it renews my (and many other dejected anime fans') hope in the genre :)

Mind telling me when it releases? The Shield bro adaptation?
Oct 20, 2017 4:16 AM

Aug 2008
As long as you don't have elitist and old anime in your favorite, you have good taste.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Oct 20, 2017 4:36 AM

Oct 2012
Yasaal said:
FontSize72LOL said:

The only good Isekai's are MT and Shieldbro, imo. Re:Zero is pretty good conceptually, but it plays out closer to a deconstruction than anything else. Unfortunately MT will never get a comprehensive adaption, but Shieldbro has one in the works.

That's good to know. But to expect it to save the Isekai genre remains a mountainous task, but it is still possible. I'll keep an eye out for it when it releases and hopefully it renews my (and many other dejected anime fans') hope in the genre :)

I doubt it'll adapt the full thing, Shieldbro is pretty huge. I just realized how awful i worded that so i'm going to edit that lol.

Not sure, I'd assume 2018 sometime. There is only a single PV out and not much info other than that. If we're lucky, we'll probably end up getting the first 4-5 Vol in an adaption, but the WN has like 18 volumes or so...
Oct 20, 2017 4:38 AM

Sep 2016
FontSize72LOL said:
Yasaal said:

I doubt it'll adapt the full thing, Shieldbro is pretty huge. I just realized how awful i worded that so i'm going to edit that lol.

Not sure, I'd assume 2018 sometime. There is only a single PV out and not much info other than that. If we're lucky, we'll probably end up getting the first 4-5 Vol in an adaption, but the WN has like 18 volumes or so...
Ah that's not too far then. That's good!
Oct 20, 2017 4:38 AM
Jul 2018
I also like Isekai animes, I don't see the point of worrying about what genres you like, different people like different things~
Oct 20, 2017 5:22 AM

May 2015
There is no such thing as 'shit taste', only people who use the word 'objective' as if it makes their judgments objective.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Oct 20, 2017 6:58 AM

Oct 2017
Kenny_Stryker said:
Title says it all.

You shouldn't care about what other people think of your tastes, enjoy life and watch what you like :)

By the way Re Zero is one of the best animes ever thanks to its story and all these cliffhangers + the AL average is quite high so you should be proud of watching it, it's definitely great :)
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Anime that you started watching because of Social Media

ST63LTH - 45 minutes ago

9 by redorzo »»
1 minute ago

» Things you are jealous of in anime ( 1 2 )

IpreferEcchi - Apr 20

55 by maya2003s »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » do you want more emotional or more intelligent anime?

deg - Yesterday

41 by MeguSae38 »»
4 minutes ago

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :)

Rinrinka - Yesterday

30 by redorzo »»
5 minutes ago

» I really wish that more animes had re-caps

Atmogenic - Yesterday

10 by MeguSae38 »»
7 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.