Forum Settings
Forums

TV Anime 'One Punch Man 2' Announces New Staff Members

New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 25, 2017 11:37 AM

Nov 2015
Jay-kun00 said:
Chill guys.... You all know Madhouse never makes a 2nd season to the series they made.

Yes they did. Black lagoon , Kaiji, diamond no ace and more.

And this in winter 2018
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Sep 25, 2017 11:37 AM
Dec 2013
Slightly disappointed that Madhouse ain't animating this. Would've preferred Bones over J.C. Staff, since Bones did Mob Psycho 100 (which was by the creator of OPM).
Sep 25, 2017 11:42 AM

Jun 2013
mehmehperson said:
Jay-kun00 said:
Chill guys.... You all know Madhouse never makes a 2nd season to the series they made.

And this in winter 2018

Oh dang!! my bad wahaha!! I forgot about Black Lagoon!!!
Sep 25, 2017 11:46 AM
Mar 2016
VanishingKira said:
>JC Staff
>no name director
>probably filler tournament arc instead of Garou

All reasons to skip this second season

Since they will follow the manga and not the web manga there is no way they would reach that part since the manga is only beginning that arc now... Biggest problem is the director...
Sep 25, 2017 11:54 AM

Jan 2014
JC Staff is a good studio, but idk why the sudden change lol
Sep 25, 2017 12:00 PM

Apr 2014
>> J.C. Staff.
I knew it MadSHiT won't ever make sequels.
Still, it's a sequel, but won't ever hope they will get this hype like S1.
Haters always gonna hate.
Sep 25, 2017 12:16 PM

Apr 2016
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAAA....

Not even mad. I do like JC Staff. But that director change is something else
2D > 3D
Sep 25, 2017 12:20 PM

Mar 2013
It's a show made for eight year old boys in Japan to boost manga sales what did you expect?
added the fourth most popular anime onto this site
Sep 25, 2017 12:26 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Well, some good news is that the people in charge of the series composition, music composition and character designs, are all returning back. At least we'll be getting more hype music. But I NEED to know who's responsible for the key animations.

EvenJellyOn said:
It's a show made for eight year old boys in Japan to boost manga sales what did you expect?
You know, OPM's anime's only purpose isn't to boost manga sells. The anime sold really well too (10K average per volume). It's the third highest-selling Madhouse anime in the last 10 years.
GoldenDevilGamerSep 25, 2017 12:36 PM
Sep 25, 2017 12:35 PM
Oct 2008
... J.C... why though?... talk about horrible news.
Sep 25, 2017 1:09 PM

Jan 2009
welp its the production committee of OPM that decided this anyway
goes to show that anime studios are just hired contractors and they do not own the anime they animate
Sep 25, 2017 1:22 PM

Jan 2016
Good Job MadHouse.

OPM will be a RomCom anime.
Sep 25, 2017 1:28 PM

Sep 2012
Illyricus said:
I'm not even mad at this point xD

A house is what you need maybe?

Had to do it

>Best studio madhouse

Yup. Tell me more. Sad to hear tho. But good news for Overlord.

Kittens-kun said:
VanishingKira said:
hit and miss I don't trust director anyways and well the first one punch man was never good to begin with imo

Yeah, I'd say the director is more of a worry than the studio. Even though it still sucks Madhouse jumped ship on this one.

This. Director is much concerning.
Sep 25, 2017 1:32 PM

Jul 2013
sasalx said:
Illyricus said:
I'm not even mad at this point xD

A house is what you need maybe?

Had to do it
Nah, I need a third season of Ind... Oh, wait :)

Was a nice joke, tbh.
Sep 25, 2017 1:35 PM

Jul 2015
Looking the Studio: Well it is not that bad. JC Staff is a good studio but I'm not sure if they can make OPM.

Looking Director past works: Screams low budget project.

Conclusion: Doomed

Sep 25, 2017 1:37 PM

May 2012
Who cares about the studio ?! A good anime is when you can have good source material

Maybe there is will some difference line animation, but I don't care about animation. J.C. Staff had adapted many good anime that liked like Toaru Majutsu no Index, Dungeon, Prison School, Taboo Tattoo, WIXOSS and many others. The animation looks fine for me
Sep 25, 2017 1:48 PM
Jul 2016
Well... i thought madhouse were doing this, but whatever, OPM is my popcorn show so i don't really care that much.

SkyDrop said:
J.C. is also a good choice but I wished they would focus more on making Index S3.

There's the obligatory Index mention. I just knew at least one person in this thread would write this.
Sep 25, 2017 1:56 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Mouloxas said:
Well... i thought madhouse were doing this, but whatever, OPM is my popcorn show so i don't really care that much.

SkyDrop said:
J.C. is also a good choice but I wished they would focus more on making Index S3.

There's the obligatory Index mention. I just knew at least one person in this thread would write this.
There's actually a recent leak going on. Not sure if it's true though...

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2017-09-25/a-certain-magical-index-season-3-briefly-listed-by-animax-show-website/.121828
Sep 25, 2017 2:13 PM

Apr 2014
mehmehperson said:
Jay-kun00 said:

And this in winter 2018
I did the math

they have made less than 15 sequels in the catelog of 400+ anime

that isnt a good ratio
Sep 25, 2017 2:15 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
moodie said:
Dont let OPM distract you from the fact that Index s3 announcement was leaked

Dont let them distract you from the fact that Kadokawa fired the man behind Kemono Friends for the next KF anime :c
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Sep 25, 2017 2:16 PM

Nov 2015
moodie said:
mehmehperson said:

And this in winter 2018
I did the math

they have made less than 15 sequels in the catelog of 400+ anime

that isnt a good ratio

Because some are based off completed manga or are films. And sequels were not common in the 90's unless it's Gundam
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Sep 25, 2017 2:17 PM

Aug 2015
LOL good one Madhouse, should've seen that coming.

But... J.C. Staff.. Not sure how I feel about this. I really like them, in fact, they're up there with my top 5 favorite studios.. But them making action.. idk man. The action scenes won't hold up to the same quality of MH at all.

Here's the opm website page by the way
http://onepunchman-anime.net/staff/#/season2
JokucSep 25, 2017 2:21 PM
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Sep 25, 2017 2:45 PM
Jul 2018
Yeah I'm not expecting anything from this now. I obviously hope it's good, but the new director's record doesn't exactly inspire confidence.
Sep 25, 2017 2:46 PM

Mar 2014
Sacrifices had to be made for Index S3
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Sep 25, 2017 2:49 PM

Aug 2016
a lot of changes for the studio and such , hoping this will stillbe as good as the first season or at least decent...

Sep 25, 2017 3:14 PM

Feb 2017
The problem is not the studio, i'm more worried about the sound director lol
Sep 25, 2017 3:40 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
bwoii said:
Don't worry, the music composer is still the same (Makoto Miyazaki)
Sep 25, 2017 3:51 PM
Jul 2014
Not like Madhouse are what they used to be anyway. Shingo Natsume was one of the main reasons the series looked so damn good to begin with. Losing him is a much bigger deal.

Well at least ONE's other work is still in good hands, and I actually prefer it over OPM anyway, though that doesn't mean I'm not disappointed by this news.
GrimmgetaSep 25, 2017 5:52 PM
Sep 25, 2017 4:20 PM
Aug 2016
unlike those canipa effect brainwashed people think, the reason why OPM had such a good animation is Chikashi Kubota (character designer and chief animation director), Not Shingo Natsume, so the animation and since he's still working on season 2 then the animation will probably be just fine.

and people should really stop assuming bullshit like they changed studio because most of the staff were freelancers and they couldn't contact them again lol fyi OPM has more in-house staff working on it than Mob Psycho 100 and BnHA. So you can drop that "breaking down OPM's incredible animation" retarded video down to the toilet now...

Also, the studio change is probably because of Madhouse since they prioritize the anime they got more $$$ from NHK to make, which is CCS
ClickBaitBusterSep 25, 2017 4:35 PM
Sep 25, 2017 4:53 PM

Feb 2017
GoldenDevilGamer said:
bwoii said:

They changed sound director to Iwanami Yoshikazu, he did a horrible job on Berserk lol
Sep 25, 2017 5:10 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
bwoii said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:

They changed sound director to Iwanami Yoshikazu, he did a horrible job on Berserk lol
But he did an amazing job in Ajin and Psycho-Pass, and a good job in Fate/Zero and Sword Art Online.
Sep 25, 2017 5:14 PM

Feb 2017
GoldenDevilGamer said:
bwoii said:

But he did an amazing job in Ajin and Psycho-Pass, and a good job in Fate/Zero and Sword Art Online.

Hoping he doesn't slack this time
Sep 25, 2017 5:20 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
bwoii said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:

Hoping he doesn't slack this time
Yeah, hopefully XD
Sep 25, 2017 5:22 PM

Jul 2015
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Well, some good news is that the people in charge of the series composition, music composition and character designs, are all returning back. At least we'll be getting more hype music. But I NEED to know who's responsible for the key animations.

EvenJellyOn said:
You know, OPM's anime's only purpose isn't to boost manga sells. The anime sold really well too (10K average per volume). It's the third highest-selling Madhouse anime in the last 10 years.
I hope somehow someway the New Director has connections from the people that did the Top Tier Naruto/Bleach/Yu Yu Hakusho action episodes
Sup...
Sep 25, 2017 5:36 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
SenpaiJay98 said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:

I hope somehow someway the New Director has connections from the people that did the Top Tier Naruto/Bleach/Yu Yu Hakusho action episodes
By looking at the director's track record, I'm not being hopeful about it ;_;
Sep 25, 2017 5:40 PM

Mar 2015
ClickBaitBuster said:
unlike those canipa effect brainwashed people think, the reason why OPM had such a good animation is Chikashi Kubota (character designer and chief animation director), Not Shingo Natsume, so the animation and since he's still working on season 2 then the animation will probably be just fine.

and people should really stop assuming bullshit like they changed studio because most of the staff were freelancers and they couldn't contact them again lol fyi OPM has more in-house staff working on it than Mob Psycho 100 and BnHA. So you can drop that "breaking down OPM's incredible animation" retarded video down to the toilet now...

Also, the studio change is probably because of Madhouse since they prioritize the anime they got more $$$ from NHK to make, which is CCS

finnaly not a sheeple post... noicee....

anyways, i am more interested what they adapt... there is literaly none decent source they can adapt (thanks to murata snail pace release, kek)... will they go stright to webtoon version adn do mob psycho 100 style? that would pleasure for me, but pretty sure the salty will be delicious...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Sep 25, 2017 5:41 PM

Sep 2013
DatRandomDude said:
moodie said:
Dont let OPM distract you from the fact that Index s3 announcement was leaked

Dont let them distract you from the fact that Kadokawa fired the man behind Kemono Friends for the next KF anime :c

Rip actual good KF season 2
While you shitpost about other taste, i watch or read stuff :D
Sep 25, 2017 5:42 PM

Sep 2014
But it's not april 1. And even if it was this wouldn't be funny. bleeeeh
Sep 25, 2017 5:52 PM

Oct 2013
The folks here are exaggerating.
Sep 25, 2017 5:58 PM
Mar 2016
ClickBaitBuster said:

Where did you get your information just so i could fact check.
Sep 25, 2017 6:06 PM

Aug 2011
Dont worry guys. JC staff make Taboo Tattoo. That show is great and i like it
Sep 25, 2017 6:26 PM
Sep 2017
moaml_salm said:
AnimeotakuWeeb said:
Why is this unfunny garbage series
Getting a second season

I just looked at your favorites and.... Oh my

I looked though your favourites and I wouldn't
judging Other people's favourites

FEMINISM IS CANCER!!!!!
Sep 25, 2017 6:39 PM
Aug 2016
Somecallme_kj said:
ClickBaitBuster said:

Where did you get your information just so i could fact check.
you mean about reason they changed the studio? well its not like they said anything officially..but I got it from this site and it seem like a more plausible reason than not being able to gather all the freelancer staff who worked in the first season..

and if you mean the number of in-house staff that worked on OPM, BnHA and MP 100 then just check their respective ANN pages.
Sep 25, 2017 7:47 PM
Sep 2017
I'm just going to post this for anyone who doesn't know what J.C.Staff is known for.

- A Certain Magical Index: The Movie – The Miracle of Endymion (2013)
-Puni Puni Poemy (2001)
-Revolutionary Girl Utena (1999)
more on [http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/company.php?id=478]

The general vibe I got from researching them is that their kind of a mediocre company, but by no means atrocious.
Sep 25, 2017 8:54 PM

Jan 2015
PaulNamida said:
So in the end Madhouse still doesn't want to make second seasons...

want
you say as if they are the ones deciding, studios are just people hired to make things for the producers, they can't decided what to do when it comes to adaptations
Sep 25, 2017 8:57 PM

Jan 2014
J.C.Staff is decent and I'm hyped for another season. *concern* Weird to change the staff tho.
☆・。・。☆・(* ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ~Aphotic ☆・。・。☆・゜
Sep 25, 2017 9:07 PM
Jun 2017
this is concerning, not much on the studio changing
studio is just the name after all, the people behind it is what count
but changing the director, and also sound director (the sound directing of Season 1 is already pretty good, so why)
they have a really good script already (the manga) so hopefully nothing bad happen
Sep 25, 2017 9:24 PM

Mar 2009
I guess I'm not surprised by this. Madhouse has been conspicuously missing lately. What's the last anime they did? That running anime that came out about a year ago? I can't even remember.

Should have given OPM to MAPPA. MAPPA is basically the new Madhouse anyway.
Sep 25, 2017 9:48 PM

Aug 2011
Mormegil said:
I guess I'm not surprised by this. Madhouse has been conspicuously missing lately. What's the last anime they did? That running anime that came out about a year ago? I can't even remember.

Should have given OPM to MAPPA. MAPPA is basically the new Madhouse anyway.

NGNL movie freaking good.
Sep 25, 2017 9:59 PM
Aug 2016
flame2frost said:
PaulNamida said:
So in the end Madhouse still doesn't want to make second seasons...

want
you say as if they are the ones deciding, studios are just people hired to make things for the producers, they can't decided what to do when it comes to adaptations
holy shit..are you saying that studios are slaves to the producers and they can be forced to make sequels even if they didn't want to?
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

19 by BirdyTheMighty »»
1 hour ago

» Q2 2024 Anime & Manga Licenses

Snow - Apr 5

2 by alpha_shadow »»
6 hours ago

» 'Overlord: Sei Oukoku-hen' Movie Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer, Fall 2024 Premiere

Doshigatai - Mar 22

6 by rikazkhan »»
8 hours ago

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Mar 4

1 by AxaraCereb »»
Yesterday, 2:31 PM

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Apr 25

9 by Playcool »»
Yesterday, 12:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.