Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 22, 2017 5:48 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I think it's nice this episode gives more screen time for characters outside of the Abyss even if it wasn't long.

For some reason, I really like Nanachi and Reg's character chemistry this episode. Not to mention, Reg is able to learn more valuable survival skills from Nanachi. I feel like this episode is setting up for the finale.

Mitty is such a weird creature imo. I felt bad for Riko still, the things she's going through is hard to imagine from her point of view. I love the way they used the psychology of this episode still. The way that Reg returned to take on the monster that previously hurt Riko was rather thrilling.
Stark700Sep 22, 2017 12:06 PM
Sep 22, 2017 5:57 AM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
Nice episode, a good start for an unexpected outcome but with just one more episode to go, I wonder, how is it going to end?

Sep 22, 2017 8:11 AM

Apr 2016
Stark700 said:
Mitty is such a weird creature imo.

You woud not say that, not with what is coming next week....

Next week last episode the one hour special, damn im hyped.
Sep 22, 2017 8:15 AM

Apr 2015
Reg sort of got his revenge on the spiny creature that almost killed Riko. It can't hunt anymore, but it would've been so much more satisfying to see him blow it to pieces.

Plenty of Nanachi cuteness in this episode. I guess we're going to learn who Mitty is next episode...it can't be Riko's mom, can it? Oh god, there's no way Reg's going to be able to kill it.

Oh yeah, we get a full hour next week. H Y P E
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Sep 22, 2017 8:24 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Nanachi is way too adorable man.....Thank goddness she came in the story when she did

But that ending.....I dunno if I'll be able to handle seeing Reg kill Mitty because she seems so pleasant and innocent, but man I can already tell that the reason behind all of this is because of THAT guy

This finale is gonna be intense
Sep 22, 2017 8:28 AM

Jan 2014
This was one of the more creepy episodes. My heart kind of sank with their convo at the end. My favorite part was where they actually give us a perspective of the Abyss from outside in the ocean when the kid was sick in the beginning.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Sep 22, 2017 8:35 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That piano OST in the beginning was FANTASTIC! Is that the first time i heard it in this anime, i think so. Need OST ASAP!

The doctor has a really nice design and she seems like a pleasant character. So Kiyui was somehow affected as well by the curse but it got pretty much completely cured by going to the seas completely outside of the crater.

Oh man, Nanachi asking Reg to kill Mitty, that was unexpected. It could be that Mitty is really suffering and only she knows it but can bring herself to kill her and put her out of the misery.

That flashback at the end was intense, the area they were in once again really dark and ominous.
Sep 22, 2017 8:36 AM
Nov 2016
Another pretty solid episode.
We finally got to understand what the curse of the abyss is like and Reg went backed and kicked orby-chan's ass. I mean, I like the way how Nanachi calls that creature orby.. lol...

I still feel bad for Mitty and Nanachi's request made me feel so sad. I think next episode is going to be a tearjerker....
Sep 22, 2017 8:40 AM

Aug 2013
Good episode. Got a bit of explanation about he abyss but it's still a big mystery and Kiyui seem to have been affected by the curse. That conversion in the end...

Sep 22, 2017 8:50 AM
Sep 2017
man that was a great episode

nanachi is best grl but i do really miss riko

the fight was awesome and the last scene really made you hyped for the finale

man i cant fucking wait

hmm i wonder who gave this ep a 1 star..
Sep 22, 2017 9:03 AM

Jul 2012
I just wanna give Nanachi and Mitty a big hug.
~ Ch-ch-ch-data

Visit my Discord community: VGData.
For games, anime, & music.
Sep 22, 2017 9:04 AM

Jun 2015
Got to learn more about the abyss. It seemed Kiyui was affected by the curse, but he's doing okay now. No one knows how he got cured. It was amazing seeing Reg get revenge on Orby. Nanachi asked Reg to kill Mitty...I'm guessing she wanted to do it herself, but she just couldn't bring herself to do it. That's so sad.
Sep 22, 2017 9:11 AM

Sep 2011
Aaaugh, the one downside to a show being this good is that the episodes never feel long enough! I reeeeaaally hope this gets a season 2, and soon.

I'm glad to see them come back to Kiyui's birthday death sub-plot, and also that they did it without actually killing him off AND added another interesting layer of intrigue to the mystery of the Abyss.
"EVERYBODY, CLAP YOUR HANDS!"

"PLUS ULTRA!"
Sep 22, 2017 9:24 AM

Dec 2014
hmm nice episde as ever...but why does mitty has to die...not that I care for it or anything
Sep 22, 2017 9:37 AM
Apr 2017
BlackstarFallen said:
Got to learn more about the abyss. It seemed Kiyui was affected by the curse, but he's doing okay now. No one knows how he got cured.

The Abyss is like a Forcefield, once you leave it you are no longer affected.

If it goes just like nanachi said that going down in the abyss doesnt curse you, but interrupting it will, then i wonder what lays at the bottom
Sep 22, 2017 9:37 AM
Jun 2016
Next episode: "The Challengers". Yup, we will reach that part. I'm so excited!! Prepare tissues for next episode and get ready for greatest dad!
Sep 22, 2017 9:48 AM

Jul 2012
I'm liking the fact that it doesn't seem like Nanachi is just some all-knowing denizen of the abyss - as shown by her surprise and amazement at Reg's incinerator - she's plenty clueless about some things as well.

It's definitely certain she'll be traveling with them, which I kind of dismissed as being possible last episode because she has Mitty to keep her anchored to her home.

I didn't really think of Mitty getting killed...

We'll have to wait and see why all that is though.

Mitty is too cute. I can already imagine the feel of seeing Reg hesitantly point his incinerator at her...

At least it seems like a pretty instantaneous way to go.

----

That eye-kiss scene though. I suppose Mitty is reading Riko's mind, or vice versa.
~ Ch-ch-ch-data

Visit my Discord community: VGData.
For games, anime, & music.
Sep 22, 2017 9:57 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
That wasn't quite what I expected her to say

Nice to finally get some sort of information about the curse
Sep 22, 2017 10:21 AM

Apr 2013
The animation in this episode was really nice, the fog cloak looked cool ASF and so did the fight between Reg and Orby... if anything looking forward to seeing what the final 1 hour episode brings

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Sep 22, 2017 10:34 AM

Nov 2016
Nice to learn more about the curse and how it's working,the bubble made it really clear and easy to understand.

I guess it would be for the best to release Mitty from her suffering , I wonder why Nanachi isn't doing it herself, tho, since she made the impression to not be timid when it comes to these things. Guess something to do with Regs weapon.

Somehow I don't want her to die,hope there will be a way out of this,but who am I kidding,this is the false anime for asspulls. Seems like the 1hour special will eventually be pretty feelzy :/ Still looking forward to it.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 22, 2017 10:52 AM

Oct 2015
Tokoya said:
man I can already tell that the reason behind all of this is because of THAT guy
What guy? Could you be more specific pls?
Sep 22, 2017 10:53 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
was a great surprise!! ;)
Sep 22, 2017 11:28 AM

Dec 2014
Tokoya said:
Nanachi is way too adorable man.....Thank goddness she came in the story when she did

But that ending.....I dunno if I'll be able to handle seeing Reg kill Mitty because she seems so pleasant and innocent, but man I can already tell that the reason behind all of this is because of THAT guy

This finale is gonna be intense

Seconded, I love it when Nanachi blushes.
Reg taking down or rather forcing Orby to retreat was awesome.

Really interesting stuff regarding the nature of the Curse as a force field.
I'm not ready for the finale.
Sep 22, 2017 11:37 AM

Apr 2016
Nostalgik said:

The Iron man, The Dad of the Year, The Melternator.

Sep 22, 2017 11:39 AM
Aug 2017
Anybody know why Reg didn't collapse after using the incinerator?
Sep 22, 2017 11:55 AM

Feb 2011
NOOOO ONLY 1 EP LEFT
Sep 22, 2017 11:59 AM
Apr 2010
Swagernator said:
Stark700 said:
Mitty is such a weird creature imo.

Reminder to not be an idiot and spoiling things, even if it's just hinting. It's very obnoxious.
Sep 22, 2017 12:01 PM

Apr 2016
Takfloyd said:
Reminder to not be an idiot and spoiling things, even if it's just hinting. It's very obnoxious.

Reminder to not insult people, and it's not spoiler pretty much he asked for that.
Sep 22, 2017 12:08 PM
Nov 2014
Nostalgik said:
Tokoya said:
man I can already tell that the reason behind all of this is because of THAT guy
Nostalgik said:
Tokoya said:

They're referring to the guy seen in Nanachi's flashback I believe.
Sep 22, 2017 12:10 PM

Nov 2012
The beginning was a nice touch; it's nice to know how Riko's friends are doing on the surface. Nanachi and Reg's chemistry in this episode was really good! Nanachi is quickly becoming a favourite character of mine.

Sep 22, 2017 12:20 PM

Nov 2011
Damn I should have expected the not so adorable pet kill from this show. Poor Mitty.
The finale is gonna be brutale isn't it...
Don't know if I'm looking forward to it.
Baby, daijobanai...
Sep 22, 2017 12:42 PM

Aug 2013
Alright, after next week's finale, I'm picking this up in the manga. Gonna need a precise chapter to start at next week.
Don't believe the hype.
Sep 22, 2017 12:44 PM
Jul 2018
Yup! Finally I happen to like another episode of this show(since ep4). Liked the interaction between Meg and that flurry girl was indeed interesting(Maybe I the one who don't happen to like Ozen and Riko?) Meg displayed his impressive move(nice he didnt hibernate) and lastly that request/development was quite shocking!!(it kinda make sense why she say this so but nice to see she is so open-minded character)
That reminds me if my memory serves right, next episode is a hour long! I am ready to look forward to finale!

removed-userSep 22, 2017 12:49 PM
Sep 22, 2017 1:08 PM

Jun 2016
I hope the other manga readers would stop giving hints on what's gonna happen next episode to non-manga readers. Jesus.

Gaaah. This studio is literally doing a great job on adapting the manga and it's so satisfying. Regarding the curse of the abyss: the anime helped me a lot on understanding it because I was still confused even though I re-read those panels so many times. Lmao.

Why is Nanachi so fucking cute!?!?! Hihihi. I always thought she's sarcastic with Regu when she cooked that meal, but I was wrong -- she was embarrassed. Pffft. So cute. Hahaha.

MIIIIIIIIITTY! I LOVE YOU!

Ugh. That Regu vs Orby scene was so satisfying. It's just as what I imagine while reading the manga. Dooooope!

And Nanachi just said it and I started crying so hars. Fuck.

I screamed NOOOO when the ED started playing, maaan. The next one will be the last I can't believe it. I hope it'll be 2 hours instead of an hour. Hahahahahuhuhuhu! ;-;

Already added this anime in my Favorites. Ugh. Sooo amazeballs! <3

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Sep 22, 2017 1:13 PM

Jun 2016
Takfloyd said:
Swagernator said:

^^^^^^^^ Couldn't agree more with you, maaaan.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Sep 22, 2017 1:22 PM

Nov 2014
Another great episode, enjoyed it a lot, next week looks like gonna be an awesome finish to this cour, cant wait!!
Btw got the feels at the last part
Sep 22, 2017 1:46 PM

Apr 2017
Another great episode again. I'm looking forward to the last episode because it will bring pain in our hearts. We'll get to see Nanachi's past
JerryKen10Sep 22, 2017 1:56 PM
Sep 22, 2017 1:55 PM

Aug 2015
The last episode is an hour long. I hope they at least show some of the 5th layer and the white whistle. I'd be pissed if it ended with them just reaching the 5th layer.
Sep 22, 2017 1:58 PM
May 2017
YES ONE MORE TO FINISH IT OFF
I am so happy to see more of this
Sep 22, 2017 2:03 PM

Dec 2013
This episode was great for exposition, both in terms of explaining the curse, and also on how to defeat these creatures in the Abyss. It also brought about some mystery to it, what with that little kid being suddenly cured of fever once he had left the immediate vicinity of the Abyss. It also sounds like something is causing the mysterious deaths near the surface.

Looking forward to seeing them explain just what happened with Mitty and Nanachi next week. It seemed like Riko was staring into Mitty's soul during their "bonding" time, perhaps she's already found out about the girls past somehow.

Hyped for the hour long finale.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 22, 2017 2:04 PM
Nov 2016
Mariecat1 said:
Next episode: "The Challengers". Yup, we will reach that part. I'm so excited!! Prepare tissues for next episode and get ready for greatest dad!

It seems you don't use your brain. Do you REALLY think they can fit 16 chapters in 60 minutes? You know, it's not that hard to realise this, just have to think a little.
Sep 22, 2017 2:06 PM

Nov 2016
Another great episode. Hyped for the last episode!
Sep 22, 2017 2:28 PM

Mar 2016
Good episode overall...but that ending was so ominous...dark and it makes this anime so much better...I'm sad that the next episode is the finale already because it's just getting really good!

I'm hopeful for a season 2 so it will be alright in the end
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Sep 22, 2017 2:35 PM
Jul 2018
samrs said:
Anybody know why Reg didn't collapse after using the incinerator?

It takes a while for him to.

Smudy said:

Oh man, Nanachi asking Reg to kill Mitty, that was unexpected. It could be that Mitty is really suffering and only she knows it but can bring herself to kill her and put her out of the misery.

To me it's likely Nanachi that might be suffering for having to live with her friend turned into that. Just imagine that all the qualities she had as human--that made Nanachi like her, were lost. As much as one would want to believe that what's there is the same person, in reality it isn't.
It also has to do with Nanachi at some point wanting to revert the situation to help her friend (even making a promise to herself) but never being capable of doing so, and ending up having to live (so close) with her own failure.

Chdata said:

That eye-kiss scene though. I suppose Mitty is reading Riko's mind, or vice versa.

Mitty appears to have the sentience level of a dog, so even if she had some ability to peek into beings' minds somehow, she'd not be able to understand what she's seeing... at least nowhere near as well as a human would. Or an adult human--as the level of sentience of a dog is comparable to that of a child.
Still, if that was the case, it'd be of effect to Nanachi--she'd care.
removed-userSep 22, 2017 2:57 PM
Sep 22, 2017 2:35 PM

Sep 2017
Did we just skip over 90% of Mitty's backstory? I hope not, I've been hoping for that stuff to be animated for a while now. Also, WTF is going on with that title for the last episode? I hope they don't screw up the ending. It seems it has prerelease screenings Japan this week still, so some information about it could leak, perhaps?
Sep 22, 2017 2:55 PM

Apr 2013
The awaited hour long episode 13 is next. This will be an epic send-off for season one. I hope we get another season but that would probably take place years from now and when the hype has died down.

Sep 22, 2017 3:28 PM

May 2015
Kill Mitty? Oh my god DX.. Anything but that. I can't wait for the one-hour finale.

Sep 22, 2017 3:45 PM
Jul 2014
Can't believe next week is the last episode, and I have a feeling that it's going to be a really sad one. I'm glad it'll be double length though since, correct me if I'm wrong, they have to adapt 4 chapters next week? I don't read the manga but I just remember what manga readers said the best stopping point was. It's certainly doable with the extra time, it'll just be weird to see an overall faster paced episode after all these weeks, though I'm certainly fine with it.

This episode really made me like Nanachi even more. I can see why the character is so popular.

Sep 22, 2017 4:25 PM
Jul 2018
Really interesting lore, and that ending.
Shit just got real again!
Manga readers, is this series gonna get f*cking insane like how Rika almost lost her arm?
Sep 22, 2017 5:09 PM
Jun 2016
what to expect from episode 12 : ? LOTS OF HYPE
also i'm 90% feeling this will get a sequel, no way they gonna end it why they're at the fourth layer of the abyss
also my anime of the season, so beautiful :3
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2017

180 by eWEQRW123123 »»
Apr 19, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2017

768 by asbest0sdust »»
Apr 16, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2017

234 by p1f1 »»
Apr 16, 6:00 AM

Poll: » Are the movies cannon…?

Skylar-whoo - Apr 15

21 by Skylar-whoo »»
Apr 15, 7:43 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

EasyGo-er - Sep 8, 2017

607 by MhmoudAlAbbas »»
Mar 24, 7:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.