Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 16, 2017 10:23 AM

Jul 2015
That was a neat finale to an overall underwhelming series, the idea was awesome but the execution felt boring at times.

Sep 16, 2017 10:24 AM

Nov 2009
I wish more characters stayed, but oh well.

In the end, this show had both good moments and bad moments. It's watchable and enjoyable enough to me, but as a one-time thing - I won't rewatch, though will watch a second season if it ever happens.

And yeah, not a word on Magane. I dislike her, but leaving her out completely like that like she didn't exist leaves a somewhat bad aftertaste.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Sep 16, 2017 10:29 AM

Oct 2013
it was predictable but nice anyway.

This wasn't a story about heroes, grails, fights and the like.
It was a story about creators, about how a creator is also shaped by what it creates, a look inside the industry, and how we shape the world we create. A story about overcoming critisism, lack of motivation, Writer's blocks and pressure.

The most important characters were not the creations but the creators themselves, interacting with their creations changed them they could take a moment to look at what they've done, and what kind of world they created.

I liked this a lot tbh.

Best part: Meteora is staying, I felt this would happen, she was but an NPC in her own world, and her creator had already died. She became fully attuned to this world.

oh well:
+Araki now has to end Vento Aureo with the ending already spoiled
+Miura is taking hiatuses to end Berserk
+Berserk x Lyrical Madoka crossover
+Mobile Fortress Getter ZZ second season
+Big Boss's Daughter is alive again
+Selesia's & Magic novel will continue
+Shark is free with millions of dollars in her pockets
+Hikayu now has to participate in the Queen's Blade

+Meteora is starting her own Fate/Creators

Also, Meteora realized that Souta's Setsuna was the real Setsuna after all.
Sep 16, 2017 10:31 AM
Jan 2012
High chance there will be OVA about Magane xD
Sep 16, 2017 10:35 AM
Feb 2010
MetaThPr4h said:
That was a neat finale to an overall underwhelming series, the idea was awesome but the execution felt boring at times.

You got it the wrong way. An underwhelming finale, for a great series.

Hoped for some more "wtf" shenanigans from Altair this episode, but, like the entirety of the series, it had a lot of nice touches. I liked that Meteora stayed in our world and became a creator, 100% suited her character.

it was a 6-7/10 episode on its own, but as an ending it's 5-6/10. Underwhelming, hoped for much more epic/mind-fucking finish.
Sep 16, 2017 10:36 AM
Jan 2012
Zahylon said:

This wasn't a story about heroes, grails, fights and the like.
It was a story about creators, about how a creator is also shaped by what it creates, a look inside the industry, and how we shape the world we create. A story about overcoming critisism, lack of motivation, Writer's blocks and pressure.

inb4 shirobako with a lot of action + sawano OP/BGM ;)
Sep 16, 2017 10:38 AM

Aug 2013
I was kinda expecting more out of this finale but I suppose it was decent. Kinda titled that Magane was deliberately left out for some unknown reason and surprised that Meteora was able to stay. At least this show did teach me something: Never stop creating.

Despite its flaws, I think this is one of my new favorites. It's probably gonna be the controversial show like Guilty Crown was in its time going forward. Overall about a 7-8/10 for the series despite the 6/10 finale.
Don't believe the hype.
Sep 16, 2017 10:43 AM

Feb 2014
RubenGallar said:
A true hero

True friends

A true father

True inocence and kindness

True noble righteous hearts

A true warrior, a true angel

Thank you for a wonderful story

Really love every aspect of this show!! Can't wait for each side stories and if possible a compilation series!
ONE OF A KIND SHOW!!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Sep 16, 2017 10:44 AM

Apr 2016
It was a masterpiece anime.
Btw do not worry about magane coz she also losses her powers like metora
BRAWLERS
Sep 16, 2017 10:48 AM
Jul 2014
8/10 show for me.

This was a satisfying epilogue that neatly wrapped up the series, with the exception of Magane (sequel hook?) and--most importantly--is rife with material for "what happens next?" sorts of fanfiction and fan-works.

I think one of the most interesting things about this episode was the fact that that it confirmed, for the most part, that the characters are in fact images extracted from their stories.......information taken from a given universe and transplanted to the word in the form of a human (with extra additions, of course).

Overall, I think that the high water mark of the series was between episodes 8 and 13. We had action, consequence, reaction, consequence However there was a significant amount of time lost between episodes 14 and 17 which could well have been used to show things from the other side; other than a few snippets, we never see what Altair's gang does to pass the time. We don't see the barely missed encounters, the introspectives...nothing like what characterized the relationship between Aliceteria and Mamika. There's a lot of missed room for character growth that would have given the series stronger footing.

Sep 16, 2017 10:53 AM
Jul 2012
It was a really nice anime overall. Could be better, but it was still good.
I loved the fact that Meteora stayed on the real world and became a creator herself and also
interesting that she lost her powers.

I was expecting for a more impactating ending, but it wasn't bad. I just find it weird that they
didn't even showed Magane in the end, so the only thing we know is that she gonna stay on
the real world, but we know nothing about her plans and since she is a really threatening char,
this is a very curious situation...

7.5/10 seems fair for me, not wanting ti give it a 7, but also don't want to give it a 8.
Sep 16, 2017 10:55 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
And so this amazing anime finally comes to an end then. To think that Altair and Setsuna ended up making peace with each other and choose to depart this world after making it their own. That was one hell of an ending for that fight but a smart one in using the source of Altair's own hatred against her in order to make her understand the error of her ways. Its funny that in the end that it was Souta's work that ended up saving the world though. Matsubara though despite his smile must really be hurting inside though since his bond with Selesia was that strong. As long as this world continues to exist then Selesia and Alicetaria have a chance of coming back as long as their stories continue to. Though the creations that came to this world may have been killed they will still remain within the stories just without the memories that they gained here. In a way that is actually quite sad. Meteora's advice and the revelations from it sure was surprising. Its funny that none of the characters are listening to Meteora at the after meal party lol. Its sad that the creations will eventually have to return to their own world but at least they were given the chance to wrap up whatever they want to do here first. To think that Yuya and Sho wanted a race on motorbikes though. The talk that Yuya and Sho had with their creator was pretty funny and its nice that they ended up becoming such great friends though. Its nice that despite having gotten used to this world that they still want to get back to their own and see their friends again.

Hikayu and her creators interactions though are always so hillarious. A new anime with her wearing her battle outfit though will be so embarrassing for her. Wow to think that Marine has that kind of interest though. So Souta and Meteora decided to visit Setsuna's grave then. A move that i expected him to actually. I wonder though was the Setsuna that appeared here the one that Souta wanted to see though. The farewell scenes for each of the characters i felt was done really well and was really emotional. Its nice that Blitz and his creator overcame their differences though. The fact that Meteora had to be the one staying in the real world though was surprising. But its nice that despite not being able to go back that she wasn't sad since she has grew to like this world as well. Im sure Meteora will be a pretty good creator though. Its nice that in the end Alicetalia managed to inspire her creator to be more serious with his work though. In a way i think each of the creators were inspired greatly by their creations. That scene where they went over the posters for the characters that departed was pretty nice. Its nice that both Meteora and Souta were able to become creators though. Every day new creations whether novels, manga's or anime's are created and bring joy and happiness to millions. Changing their lives by every action that you take was a great line for this show. That final image that Souta drew though was just amazing though. And man what an excellent ending and they did such a great job of showing what happened to the creators and creations after the fight as well.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 16, 2017 10:56 AM
Apr 2017
Incoming SoL anime with Souta and Meteora in the future as they try to do their best and creating good content, Meteora with her Novels, and Souta with his illustrations, and in order to help each other, they team up and work on an LN to top all LN’s. I expect them to fall for each other at some point, get married, and have tiny Meteora babies. That’s if she can get pregnant, I know she’s a creation and all, but that doesn’t mean she’s human.
Sep 16, 2017 10:59 AM

Jul 2009
YES! The best girl stayed in this world.

Magane has said once that she would stay in this world, the only problem with this is the lack of screen time in this episode and a little of explanation about how is she doing and what she will do in the future.

Well this show was one of a kind among a lot of crap this season has and in the overall this was great to watch.

8/10 I have no regrets, this show could be better? Yes, but it's great in it's own way.
Sep 16, 2017 11:07 AM

Sep 2013
Meh, everyone reflects on their self or something and they go back except for meteroa and sharktits who is still out there, 7/10
Sep 16, 2017 11:10 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
RubenGallar said:
A true hero

True friends

A true father

True inocence and kindness

True noble righteous hearts

A true warrior, a true angel

Thank you for a wonderful story
Beautiful post this was
Sep 16, 2017 11:14 AM

Sep 2014
Okay , some characters stayed , Magane I guess as well but I can't look at her as a forced character that was introduced just to make Sota's plan work as there probably there was no other way to defeat Altair. I believe they are regular part of the society and can get education , make families and do age :/
Sep 16, 2017 11:14 AM

Jun 2017
Man, I am gonna miss this show. Despite everything I think the ending was decent. We can probably assume that Magane also stayed in the real world and lost her powers just like Meteora. Problem is, she doesn't have any papers sorted out to count as a real person so that should be interesting lol.

I am actually glad that Meteora stayed, now she can hook up with Souta XD.

I expected some kind of twist at the end like Altair suddenly coming back or something or showing us a time skip where Meteora suddenly gets back her powers and some shit goes down hinting at a second season but that's not gonna happen from the looks of the ending apparently :/.
Sep 16, 2017 11:16 AM

Jan 2014
Lol wow I thought there would be a Magane ending clip after the credits. Guess not. In theory, can't Magane make everyone come back and visit? She can also twist reality to keep her powers? Oh well, if I know Magane she's probably out there wrecking havoc or working at a maid cafe.

Anyway, the show wasn't what I expected, but that doesn't necessarily mean that its message was bad. It's just that for an "Action" series it wasn't really about the action. Regardless, from start to finish there were hints everywhere leading to the conclusion - and even how the title came about. Everything did come full circle. Still, I am slightly disappointed it wasn't as epic as it could have been; the potential was clearly there. And the addition of a new set of minor characters over midway through the series left me with a sour aftertaste. Debating whether to give the show a 5/10 or a 6/10. Tough call. I enjoyed the ride for what it was, though.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Sep 16, 2017 11:17 AM

Dec 2015
I LOVED RE:CREATORS AND I WILL MISS IT SO MUCH!!!
it was amazing!! great story and characters, i really felt for many characters and i'm going to miss them so much!!! i hope we get some ovas soon because that would be amazing!!!

8/10

snaratSep 16, 2017 11:28 AM
Sep 16, 2017 11:18 AM

Jan 2012
It was kind of sad seeing the creations leave, though it seems like they forgot about Magane. She has no home to return to so she most likely remained but will lose her powers. She was the the most interesting character in the series and there were times I outright hated her, but was also fascinated.

Meteora looked so adorable in her casual clothing and new hairstyle at the end and is probably best girl of the season for me.

This series had some great moments and more not so great moments, but I enjoyed the ride.

8/10 for the episode
7.5/10
Sep 16, 2017 11:18 AM

May 2015
what happened to Magane?!?!? Is like they forgot about her. Even if they were okay with not trying to get her to her own world they should at least be scared of her. The woman is too op !!! She could turn into a serial killer if she wanted to...

Also Altair had a "happy ending" because they couldn't make her pay for all her crimes, after all the crowd didn't know about them so they didn't "hate her", they wouldn't be okay with seeing her died, specially after the scene at the train station. I think that was the only viable option.

Sep 16, 2017 11:36 AM

Nov 2015
I'm a little sad that this show ended.
Sep 16, 2017 11:40 AM

May 2014
Fantastic series, I believe I can safely say there's nothing like this out there. Very original and brilliantly executed, this is definitely the quality that original anime should aim for.

I wish we could have had at least one more episode of finale-level action and intensity, but to me this was still easily a 10/10 enjoyment. I really appreciated this calm final episode to wrap things up, although I wish we also received some closure on what Magane is up to.
794Sep 16, 2017 11:44 AM
Sep 16, 2017 11:46 AM

Dec 2015
A good and fitting ending, although I'm a bit disappointed with lack of Magane screentime in this last episode.

Despite all the flaws, I still think that this is a decent series, with some things that managed to balance the flaws and the good things they gave us.

The main plot itself was definitely meh. 'A bad guy(girl) in a quest for revenge for someone or something by trying to destroy the world, and a bunch of good guys have to stop her', sounds lame AF right?

But the selling points for me for this series, apart from the musics are the characters ,the whole Creations-Creators relationship, their interaction with the real world, 4th wall breaking & meta-reference, and, on top of that, the main concept of this series, "fictional characters came to real world".

I will likely write a review for this series, which also will become my first time to review an anime on MAL.

To put it simply for now, I rate this series 6.8/10. Tbh, we definitely didn't need season 2 for Re:Creators, but we sure as hell need several OVAs or even better, spinoff for some of the characters.

Last but not least, it is really a fun ride to watch this series week by week, despite the delays in some weeks. And it is really an honor to hanging out with you guys in the forum for this series. Some likes to be too salty, and some likes to be too fanboying/fangirling, but in the end, it's all entitled to someones opinions,preferences and comprehensions.

p.s: I really love when they make Alicetaria x Mamika canon in some sort of way XD

JuuzouXIIISep 16, 2017 12:12 PM
Sep 16, 2017 12:17 PM

Aug 2016
This series was very uneven. The pacing was wonky in the middle. It felt like it would be a lot better if the series was 15 episodes tops. The battle stretched out preparation and the battle itself detracted from the emotional impact of the series.

I also don't get why Setsunas suicide is pinned on Sota it's not like he played an active role in it. It's true that he abandoned her, but it's just a fact of life, people drift away from each other all the time. No one has an obligation to maintain relationships with other people.
What would Golgo do?
Sep 16, 2017 12:28 PM

Sep 2015
Kinda a disappointing ending for this anime but at least Meteora survived.
Sep 16, 2017 12:59 PM

Nov 2013
Also on the "but what about Magane?" bus x'D
She should have at least had a small cameo of her skipping in the background doing whatever the heck she wanted.

Ending definitely could have been better (tho by that I mean mostly just how Altair got away scot-free basically, and how Magane's whole thing wasn't wrapped up), but it's still a show that's making it to my top 10.

It's just way too relatable as a creator to see this kind of show.

Beautiful and I loved it, I'm happy Yuya didn't die XD

The image of Alicetaria with Mamika was very touching, too.

I personally hope they DON'T make a Season 2, because the way this ended was just right (with its flaws), and any more might potentially ruin it (like DtB S2... the season that doesn't exist...)

OVAs only plz.

salman7 said:
Btw do not worry about magane coz she also losses her powers like metora

That's a good point. I didn't even think about that.
Makes me wish they had addressed that even more tho ; u ;
Sep 16, 2017 1:00 PM

Sep 2008
I had too high expectations at the begin of Re:Creators and I feel a little bit disappointed with it - like really powerful potential was wasted at some point. Well, it's still fine show, and the OST was great. I liked the ending too.
Sep 16, 2017 1:10 PM
Mar 2016
WTF, you mean to tell me that this Altair bitch when through, all that rampage all that carnage, and all that shit so that she can be with her creator???????
Sep 16, 2017 1:28 PM
Jul 2014
Jonny_Mhl said:
YES! The best girl stayed in this world.

Magane has said once that she would stay in this world, the only problem with this is the lack of screen time in this episode and a little of explanation about how is she doing and what she will do in the future.

Well this show was one of a kind among a lot of crap this season has and in the overall this was great to watch.

8/10 I have no regrets, this show could be better? Yes, but it's great in it's own way.

According to Hiroe, Magane said her goodbye (and left Japan) as of episode 20. She's still in the "real world," just not there in Japan.

The "what happened to Magane?" question is actually a potential OVA/Sequel hook, as one assumes that Magane still has at least a modicum of her abilities, even if Meteora does not. Therefore, there's not guarantee that Magane doesn't summon her own army at some point in some gambit to take over the world.
Sep 16, 2017 1:29 PM

Jul 2012
I'm sure plenty of others also realized that the only way Altair would be beaten, was through the creation of Setsuna, many episodes before it happened.

That aside, Altair really captures the concept of "fandom" perfectly. Whenever I saw her in this anime, I thought "Touhou". That's the word that describes what her stature is like in this anime, and it doesn't apply to any of the other characters, which all feel like your usual heroic main characters.

Maybe it's because of the chibi Altair animations, which remind me a lot of similar IOSYS animations. The fandom for giving Altair different powers is similar to the fandom for making up your own "Touhou" OCs with unique powers or traits via walfas.

Everything was very straightforward in this anime, but it's nice to have an anime that actually does it well once in a while. Better than animes that have such predictable plots but they're also animated and drawn poorly in stories that have even more logic gaps than this one.

----

@the guy above

It's guaranteed that Magane won't take over the world by summoning an army because that's far out-of-character for her.

She'll probably just enjoy herself while screwing with people much like Orihara Izaya.
~ Ch-ch-ch-data

Visit my Discord community: VGData.
For games, anime, & music.
Sep 16, 2017 2:03 PM

Oct 2007
Thank goodness it finally ended. This isn't quite Kado level of squandered potential, but it came surprisingly close.

The meta aspect that made such an interesting premise slowly killed the story. The creators - not Creators, the actual writers of the series - wanted to bring together stories from many different genres, and that resulted in a whole bunch of characters. They couldn't use any existing, interesting and recognisable characters for obvious copyright reasons, so they made stereotypical ones to represent those genres. With limited time to flesh out so many of them, that alone created a major weakness of the series.

Worse still, they wanted to explore common tropes and storytelling techniques, so they used those a lot. All that combined had left virtually no space for anything truly creative. I admire the ambition, but ultimately they bit way more than they could chew.
Sep 16, 2017 2:08 PM

Jun 2011
meh, mediocre show. music was cool though

5/10
Sep 16, 2017 2:38 PM

Apr 2010
Why is my waifu magane is not in this episode!!

Somebody Gonna Get A Hurt Real Bad !
Sep 16, 2017 2:43 PM
Jan 2017
I had a feeling that episode 21 would solve the main story and the final episode would be some kind of epilogue. Even so, the characters ultimately comes to terms with their lives and places in the universe and are able to go home in peace. I'm happy that Sota is able to move on from his grief and rediscover his passion and the Creators reaffirm everything they believed in. It's a bit sad that Meteora can't go back home, but given who she is, she finds a way to make the most of her new life and be a Creator the right away, unlike the evil bitch Altair.

Speaking of Altair, I'm still pissed she got away with all the crap she has pulled. The series really backed itself up into a corner by making her so popular among the in-universe viewers that they didn't want her to suffer any punishment, even when she killed well-established and beloved characters. By extension, no one becomes aware that she tried to destroy the world and her victims never get any justice. Something like this deprives the audience of any emotional or moral catharsis they might get from her defeat. Her reunion with Setsuna cannot even be considered redemption because she doesn't feel any guilt in all the pain she inflicted on others. Even Nakanogane expressed my personal feelings that it wasn't the Creators who stopped Altair, but her mother in what amounts to a stern taking-to.

I also have a problem in how the series handles the death of its characters. Apparently, the characters that came to the real world are simply alternate versions of the original characters who still exist in their home worlds. The series tells us not to be sad that they died because they are still alive in their original, but they don't possess the memories and experiences their alternate selves acquired in the real world. So yes, they are alive, but emotionally and psychologically, they are not the same characters we came to know over the course of the series. In other words, the series trivialized the death of its own characters and cheapened the value of their lives. Cold comfort for their Creators.

Also, what happened to Magane? Her Creator is dead, which means her story can no longer be completed. Also, she got away with killing at least 2 people. Apparently, legal justice is a joke in this series.

On a personal level, I'm happy with the outcome, though. While the series had trouble sticking the landing, I'm still happy I watched it. I don't think I could watch it again, knowing how it turns out. I guess the show's magic is its mysteries. Sota, Selesia and the others have changed the way I look at anime and hopefully, more series like this will come in the future.
Sep 16, 2017 2:47 PM

Jul 2017
Had really good music that is for sure.
Sep 16, 2017 2:47 PM
Aug 2017
Re Creators is now over and I'm gonna miss this series a lot. This anime gets 8/10 for me and sad that there wont be any sequel but as they say "The Story Continues" love the message this anime brings to the readers and watchers and it really made me appreciate and give respect to all the author who write stories. As for the episode , so happy for everyone , happy that they manage to say goodbye to their Creators and also happy for Meteora too ^_^ glad she stays cause her world in the game is kinda boring where she just welcomes the adventurer and give tips about the final boss. Love how she tried to make her very own Stories and title it "Re:Creators" with having everyone as the cast and then it's over. Again I'm gonna miss this series and Despite it's flaws i still feel that this anime was very enjoyable and unique and i love it so much and happy about the Ending they gave us.
Sep 16, 2017 3:16 PM
Jul 2015
Could've been a great show, but now only those who were once creators can resonate with the meaning of the show. Wasted potential, like a 6/10? At it's peak 7/10.
Sep 16, 2017 3:17 PM

Sep 2013
No Magane in the finale

4/10
Sep 16, 2017 3:23 PM

Jul 2013
Not gonna lie, I thought for a moment Magane was going to appear in any scene and kill someone.
As for the series, it wasn't exactly what I expected, but I liked it nonetheless. Probably one of the most "unique" animes who have been aired this year.
Sep 16, 2017 3:27 PM
Jun 2012
Pipe said:

Who is Magane?, ah Magane the filler that was added to explain Souta's idea. I am thinking like the writers "since Magane killed her creator that's what she gets." Maybe Altair killed her, and none found the body.

I am upset like most of us. Magane at least deserved 2 seconds of screening time.

What? Magane left Japan. Also "filler" huh, she already had a damn spin off manga.

Sep 16, 2017 3:33 PM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
noireo said:
Pipe said:

Who is Magane?, ah Magane the filler that was added to explain Souta's idea. I am thinking like the writers "since Magane killed her creator that's what she gets." Maybe Altair killed her, and none found the body.

I am upset like most of us. Magane at least deserved 2 seconds of screening time.

What? Magane left Japan. Also "filler" huh, she already had a damn spin off manga.

This is anime talking not manga. If we mix all, then the manga will have some great things than the animation and vice-versa. Regarding the animation, they didn't give any information about Magane at the end.

Sep 16, 2017 3:37 PM

Dec 2016
Great anime, enjoyed it from start to finish.

I'm sure that Meteora will enjoy her new life on earth, she has a lot of friends.

That wa sa nice drawing at the end with the characters all together like that.

We never saw Magane go through the gate, I wonder if she actually went back or not.
Sep 16, 2017 3:41 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Overall I liked Re:Creators. Only worries I ever had for this series was if it was gonna get too meta or just straight become one of those shows that starts out serious but ends up shoehorning comedy above all else for no reason.

Thankfully it didn't become any of that and the finale was a fitting way to end the series. 9/10
Sep 16, 2017 3:47 PM
Apr 2016
Ghostfreak said:
Why is my waifu magane is not in this episode!!

well she was at the airport in ep 20 so she probably just left japan

also she is gonna get her own spinoff manga https://www.crunchfu.com/magane-recreators-gets-new-spin-off-manga-based-20170805
Sep 16, 2017 3:56 PM

Sep 2013
Aftermath and the usual epilogue stuff.

I'm glad to see Meteora gets to stay in the real world considering her story has come to an end while the others have not. I thought it was poetic that a creation is now becoming a creator. I wouldn't mind reading what she writes!

I LOVED that Aliceteria and Mamika is getting a crossover though.

3/5- For the episode
8/10- For the series

The series was interesting enough for me to keep watching. It's fairly rare for me to watch something that's 12-13+ episodes without taking an extended break. This was good enough for me to keep watching.

The only issues I had was the lack of action it provided in the early part of the series. It was A LOT of world building and some character development. World building and character development is fine but it would be an easier watch if they added action in between their conversations and theories. Instead we got maybe 2-3 episodes straight of just story building, some action and then right back to the same old stuff.

When the action came, I thought it was great. It could be better but I was just happy to see creations clash with each other. Then the 2nd part was pretty damn good in my opinion. A lot of drama and action towards the finale made this a more watchable series. If I could change anything about the series, I would do a little less world building and more action.

So as of now, 8/10 is my score though that may be lowered when I'm re-watching this with a few friends who wanted to watch it. The score might get altered when we finish it but I think it deserves an 8 for now. I like the character designs and the concept of the series but it could be better. The actions scenes were pretty good but it could've been better. Making Altair too powerful sorta ruined it a little on my end cause no one stood a chance which takes away the drama of the "war of attrition" part of a fight...which I enjoy the most out of any fight. In this there was no back and forth, it was straight domination.

I might be a little bias because I really do like most of the characters in this series...I also thought Selesia is pretty hot and that recap episode had me in stitches.
TehSnawnSep 16, 2017 4:01 PM

Sep 16, 2017 4:04 PM
Apr 2017
This is a very nice show. Though I might say that the ending is quite anticlimactic. I don't have a problem with it since it's a good ending. But there is a part of me that wishes to see Altair again.

And am I the only one here wishing to see a spin-off of the creations in their own world? Lol
Sep 16, 2017 4:07 PM
Dec 2015
Alright, the finale. I would agree that the final third of this show had some larger narrative issues that made certain parts less emotionally satisfying than they could have been. However, I think the good more than makes up for it, and I feel like a lot of the detractors are missing the point of the series. This final episode is a solid emotional resolution which brings the show's main theme to the forefront in a way that is quite resonant.

In the end, Altair was defeated, but the idea that she got off Scot-free seems odd to me. For one, I don't even see how that matters since now that the world is saved and she isn't in that world anymore she is not relevant to anything. More importantly though, she came to understand that she misinterpreted her creators message. She is not played as a hero, even her own creator straight up calls her an evil villain. That part of the story was satisfying.

Really though, this end section, despite it's unsatisfying deus-ex machina finish, is perfectly coherent thematically. From the beginning, the idea that stories are real and can profoundly effect us is present. It's there in how Setsuna died, it's there in how Meteora coped with the death of her creator, it's there in how Altair accepted the "fake" Setsuna despite knowing that she is a creation, and it's there in every aspect of the story. Hell, the final shot of this episode makes the theme abundantly clear, with Meteora smiling about her story that has 0 views and 0 favorites while Sota talks about how stories can touch people's hearts and change peoples lives.

Apart from that, the characters are all fun and the show employs some clever characterization. The exposition throughout is handled very well and is an example of that clever characterization, as Meteora is the tutorial character who only gives exposition in her game (think Pokemon Professors and how notoriously long Pokemon tutorials always are). There is never shot-reverse-shot and combined with great character acting, Meteora's occasional snark, and interesting subject matter those scenes never became boring. The characters may act stupid at points, but it's always in line with their established characters, and they evolve out of that stupidity as the show goes (remember Mamika's statement about the density of information allowing the characters to develop in ways not possible in their stories). So yea, despite some occasionally unsatisfying narrative beats, I had a great time with Re:Creators.

8/10
Sep 16, 2017 4:07 PM
Jan 2014
Olem said:
Pretty fun anime overall.

Mamika and Alice ;_; So they'll be able to meet again, huh?

I liked how they dedicated a full episode to the goodbyes. It was nice that they weren't forceful or sappy either, it really suited a lotta the character's personalities.
Well, I guess aside from Blitz, but I guess it's not too far outta the realm of possibility to think that he may have came to accept his position as a creation.

That moment was beautiful, Alicetaria met her Waifu in her world, Mamika was the hope Alicetaria so desperately needed to save her world... ;)

This beautiful and touching crossover scene is a 10000/10 ❤️❤️💛💛

Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2017

236 by The_Wicker_Man »»
Apr 4, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2017

122 by KirinMeta2 »»
Apr 3, 3:33 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2017

306 by AndrersVonPanda »»
Mar 3, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Is Altair the most powerful anime character we have seen yet in any anime? (spoiler) ( 1 2 3 4 )

LelouchXLuluko - Sep 4, 2017

169 by Raptors0verlord »»
Jan 28, 6:03 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2017

267 by Code0018 »»
Jan 10, 12:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.