Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 2, 2017 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Eri Okada can be surprisingly useful in this show.

Looks like Kei made precautions with the case. Not bad. Ukawa's request to use her ability strikes to me as unsurprising.
Aug 2, 2017 7:55 AM

Nov 2007
The two's teacher asked that lady who rarely use power for help because of the unknown incidents. It seems like he doesn't want the power, either, because he's afraid of it.

The main guy w. Yui-chan's character, and Reset girl with cat girl. He already asked cat girl for help on the same thing he asked Yui-chan's character, but cat girl found first. Reset girl is confused at her action which related to her feelings.

Trees expanding?! The lady did use her power and stopped it.

That Sakurai-san's character talking about Sakurada sounds like Sagrada.

Sakurai-san's character wants him to give the photos. Then reveal about the series of bizarre event, and that he remembers that man from strap time, which gives him hint to his power as he planned to erase his power.

Conclusion to the arc next.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 2, 2017 8:50 AM

Apr 2010
So things are getting intense and it looks like next week might be very hard on both Kei and Sumire.
I am looking forward to it seeing the things that happened so far it could be very nice.
Aug 2, 2017 9:30 AM

Jul 2014
This had initially felt like a more relaxed episode, but the conversation between Kei and Urachi was extremely interesting on a number of levels, not least how Kei pieced everything together from largely being on the sidelines throughout this section of the story. It also has some interesting implications in terms of Kei's relationship with both Haruki and Sumire; with Urachi's battle to force through the removal of all abilities seemingly complete, something has got to give there and I can't help but feel that it's not good news for Sumire, which I'm sure will be developed next week. Also, with Kei's ability being impossible to remove - and this being known by Urachi - I'd be surprised if he isn't targeted in some way to prevent his intervention or to prevent him from revealing everything he just told Urachi.

What a turnaround this second cour has been for this show.
Aug 2, 2017 9:57 AM
Jul 2017
Assuming that Kei is able to get around revealing the existence of the photo of the sakura tree because he is treating the photos as being from the Witch since her note implies that she arranged for him to receive them, why is he able to say that the photo of the Witch is from Sasano? Or is he interpreting that the photos all came from Sasano, and just gave the sakura tree photo to someone else so that he technically doesn't have it?
Aug 2, 2017 10:33 AM

Jun 2015
Ukawa decided to help the Bureau wipe out the abilities. She replied rather fast. Shintarou is afraid of the abilities and thinks they are unfair. Kei was surprised to see him. He had an interesting conversation with Kagaya.
Aug 2, 2017 10:36 AM

Aug 2013
Somehow the conversion between Kei and Urachi was intense.

So even if they do remove and make people forget about abilities, Kei will still remember. The question is, how will they handle that problem?

From the preview things will get more intense.

Aug 2, 2017 10:52 AM

Jan 2015
Kei provoking the Bureau, Urachi's ability and probably the next episode will answer if Kei really successful in doing it.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Aug 2, 2017 11:51 AM
Jun 2012
Every time I feel like I have a grip of what is going on in this show, a new episode comes out and I lose all comprehension of what the fuck is happening!!!
Aug 2, 2017 12:03 PM

Dec 2013
The reveals this time around were pretty good. Though I would love to see Masamune become desperate to see his plan to fruition.
The way things stand Masamune cannot go through with his plan because he cannot completely wipe out all the abilities from Sakurada, seeing as Kei doesn't want it to happen. As much planning as he done, it's all falling apart on him.

Now I sort of get why Sumire had to kill herself like that, though given the preview I bet it wasn't without side effects. Highly expect that Soma's return may not be made permanent, and we may have to say goodbye to her again next episode....

Loved how Kei taunted Masamune that he couldn't complete his plan without killing him off. Catch 22 when you want to do everything legally, eh? XD
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 2, 2017 12:43 PM
Nov 2016
Man, Kei is smart as all hell. When the show began, I had no idea how useful his ability would be but it seems like he has the most powerful ability of them all.
Aug 2, 2017 1:31 PM

Nov 2016
Keis deduction skills are something else, good job Sherlock.

Preview looked pretty good + fanservice.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 2, 2017 1:35 PM
Aug 2016
I wish they would stop using peoples full names in every sentence. It just sounds damn weird...
Aug 2, 2017 1:56 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
FMmatron said:

I second all of this
Aug 2, 2017 2:13 PM

Oct 2016
Excellent. I love this show, and I absolutely cannot wait to see what happens next. Next episode seems like it won't be a happy one.
Warning: Loli is loyal, and may become aggressive.
Aug 2, 2017 4:32 PM

Jul 2015
Pretty good episode and loved the 2ed half, it was interesting and intense.
It feels like the anime is going to end next week but we still got 5 more episodes after that.

Ukawa-san have a "child form"? that was something, but it also make sense and explains her interest in the stuff about the okashi.

Also Souma taking a shower at Kei's place, i can read your minds... u think they've gonna get it on ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
maybe, but i actually i think it might have something to do with Souma's death after that river suicide, like she appearing naked because of that or something.

Anyway, cant w8 for the next episode.

Aug 2, 2017 5:52 PM

Jan 2016
Holy that explanation though. Didn't expect all of it to have a connection to the incidents. Glad I didn't skip any second when I watch this anime~
Aug 2, 2017 6:50 PM
Nov 2008
Udachi a shit. Fucking asshole.
Aug 2, 2017 7:30 PM
Aug 2014
I was thinking Urachi is going to kill Kei and then he said the knife thing, lol.
Aug 2, 2017 9:39 PM

Feb 2016
Tokoya said:
FMmatron said:

I second all of this

Make me a Third! Kei is exceeding my expectations of him
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Aug 2, 2017 11:41 PM
Sep 2016
Phew, I thought the Bureau guy was going to kill Kei.
Aug 3, 2017 3:23 AM

Jan 2013
Great episode, really intriguing. For a second there I thought the abilities were already gone after the sky cleared out.
Aug 3, 2017 4:57 AM

Mar 2013
It took 18 episodes for me to figure out that I actually dislike the show's ambiance. It's really uncomfortable to watch it every week tbh. Since the suicide in 2nd ep, I can't help but feel every ep has a sense of foreboding .-.

Otherwise it was good episode.
I have a feeling Soma has done Kei absolutely didn't wanted to happen. Something that might makes us hate her.

Conclusion to the arc next week.
Makes me wonder what will be the last three episode be about.
Aug 3, 2017 6:06 AM

Nov 2009
^ The last 3 episodes? Isn't it 5 episodes, since the show is listed to have 24 episodes?

Anyway, finally we learn why Sakurada is spelt Sagrada in the official English translation.

It's now crystal clear (from the pv especially) that the current Souma is not the original Souma, so Souma is actually dead (unless the main antagonist can rewind time on her corpse to revive her?). If the copy Souma isn't dead as well by the end of this, she'll probably lose all her memories about Kei and Haruki. I'm starting to feel that Kei might die as well. In any case, if he lives, I think I prefer him staying alone, because if he hooked up with Haruki, it would be pretty disturbing considering that their happiness would be built on Souma's misery and bones (quite literally...)
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Aug 3, 2017 10:41 AM

Dec 2008
CG said:
^ The last 3 episodes? Isn't it 5 episodes, since the show is listed to have 24 episodes?

Anyway, finally we learn why Sakurada is spelt Sagrada in the official English translation.

It's now crystal clear (from the pv especially) that the current Souma is not the original Souma, so Souma is actually dead (unless the main antagonist can rewind time on her corpse to revive her?). If the copy Souma isn't dead as well by the end of this, she'll probably lose all her memories about Kei and Haruki. I'm starting to feel that Kei might die as well. In any case, if he lives, I think I prefer him staying alone, because if he hooked up with Haruki, it would be pretty disturbing considering that their happiness would be built on Souma's misery and bones (quite literally...)

If the main antagonist can rewind time on her corpse, Souma will die in two years.
Sumire was stupid to suicide from the beginning... :((((((
Aug 3, 2017 12:52 PM
Jan 2017
Hello, somebody can tell me when Kei learns that the power of Ukawa Sasane is appeared 5 years ago? Which episode was that in? please :)
Aug 4, 2017 7:03 AM
Jul 2018
My theory: Souma is Haruki, who knows the future or the future. And she reset to save Kei.
Sentence of the preview of the episode 19: Souma says: There is nothing that I can do, I am equal to her.

http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire1/00668a826ccf00a05936a499955f4c441479810797_full.jpg
Aug 4, 2017 8:29 AM
Jul 2018
Can someone tell me what is Sasane Ukawa actual ability? Because it seems her ability is destroying things. But from what she said in episode 9, it seems she can build/make things too. So which is the right one?
Aug 5, 2017 3:24 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Seems that Kei has managed to figure out Masamune's true goal then. All of these events were set forth by the meeting with Souma and the Mcguffin though. Its interesting seeing Kei try to out think Masamune though. So Masamune's next move is to gather allies for his plan then. Trying to get Sasane is a good plan. But to think that Kei's adviser is now on actively opposing them though. While abilities themselves can be scary i think that in the end of the day its how you use them that counts. But to think that Shintarou is actually afraid of abilities though i wonder whether those are lies or his true feelings. A perfect ally for Masamune though. Its funny how Youka's ability is now restricted to search for people though. Using Nono to find someone with her ability was a good move on Kei's part. Its nice that as a result of Kei realizing that he's in love with Haruki that they now have a normal relationship at last. To Nono i guess these changes to Haruki may sound like a normal relationship but to Haruki these are important changes. Learning to be considerate is also a good sign of Haruki's development as a character. Non's advice to Haruki was spot on.

These spontaneous activation s sure are starting to cause damage though. And right into Masamune's plans too. So this was a demonstration for Sasane eh. To bad that Kei was too late but Shintarou's answers to Kei's questions were interesting. Lol Adults assume that they are always right. Sasane's ability allowed her to change the whole area eh. So this is Masamune's way of forcing the bureau to go along with his plan eh. Masamune seems pretty sure that his plan has worked though. So Kei knows exactly what Masamune's ability is then from that first meeting of theirs. So his ability is time rewind in which he can recreate someone's past then. For Kei to be able to come up with his deduction thats this detailed though his deduction and analysis abilities is impressive. Kei's ability is the one thing that stands in Masamune's plan though. And now the scene to the final arc is set. Interested to see how this ends though.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 5, 2017 3:53 AM

Nov 2009
Kyon90 said:
If the main antagonist can rewind time on her corpse, Souma will die in two years.
Not sure that's how it works. The keychain broke because there was a crack that the rewind didn't get rid of. But what if there was no crack? Would it break again? Souma died because she drowned/broke her neck as a result of outside factor exposure (drowning or impact), so if there's no active outside interference, that is if she doesn't actively try break her own neck or drown herself, would her neck break by itself and lungs just get filled with water that poped from literally nowhere in 2 years? So far, we can't exactly say what will happen.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Aug 5, 2017 4:12 AM
Jan 2015
Can someone please tell me what's going on in this show?
I find it very convoluted and a big mess, it doesn't help that the show is very monotone and frankly I'm just watching for the completion at this point.
Aug 5, 2017 1:00 PM

Jul 2015
martins_andrew said:

My theory: Souma is Haruki, who knows the future or the future. And she reset to save Kei.
Sentence of the preview of the episode 19: Souma says: There is nothing that I can do, I am equal to her.

That's highly unlikely, i think Souma was comparing herself to the original Souma since they had talked a lot about the fake Souma and the real one in the past episodes. That's my guess.

koplakever said:
Can someone tell me what is Sasane Ukawa actual ability? Because it seems her ability is destroying things. But from what she said in episode 9, it seems she can build/make things too. So which is the right one?

As Kei said in ep14, "She can alter anything exactly as she imagines it, as along as it isn't a living thing."
So basically she can make or destroy anything but its interesting that her power somehow connect to the rings that she wears. Like in the ep14 she put a ring on her pinky finger to destroy the stuff in the dream world or in this episode she put it on her 2ed finger, im actually curious to see what the middle finger ring do (no pun intended) as its looks like the most powerful one:

John_MaxAug 5, 2017 1:04 PM
Aug 6, 2017 6:06 AM
Aug 2017
CG said:
Kyon90 said:
Not sure that's how it works. The keychain broke because there was a crack that the rewind didn't get rid of. But what if there was no crack? Would it break again? Souma died because she drowned/broke her neck as a result of outside factor exposure (drowning or impact), so if there's no active outside interference, that is if she doesn't actively try break her own neck or drown herself, would her neck break by itself and lungs just get filled with water that poped from literally nowhere in 2 years? So far, we can't exactly say what will happen.

Wait what? I think i dont get it, why whould she die in 2 years? She was taken out of a photo right, so did that guy uses his rewind abillity on her? Pffff i thought i knew what is going on
Aug 6, 2017 7:51 AM

Nov 2009
Motionxtr said:
Wait what? I think i dont get it, why whould she die in 2 years? She was taken out of a photo right, so did that guy uses his rewind abillity on her? Pffff i thought i knew what is going on
No, no, no, Souma from the pic is a copy, not the original one (pretty sure this will be officially declared in the next episode). We're talking about the original Souma that suicided, and her corpse/ashes, and what would happen if time was rewound on the original's corpse.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Aug 8, 2017 6:24 AM
Jul 2018
Is this Souma actually going to die though? I'm not sure if I want that since I like her but oh well.
Oct 20, 2017 1:13 AM

Jan 2014
Oka Eri work with the Bureau to shut down dangerous ability, huh? but isn't it waste of time? because everytime she use her power to another people, the effect on previous would gone, right?

I was wondering if Ukawa destroy abilities from Sakurada, why those people still got their powers?
Oct 23, 2017 3:56 PM

Oct 2012
Seems like things are getting full throttle now. It's kinda confusing though... are the abilities gone (suppose so) or does it take some time for people to foget now that stasis field where they remember them is gone?

There are certainly many ways to restore them now (including photo or some Bureau's people abilities but I honestly also don't think it's good to have them around. Kei is kinda obsessed by abilities, it's nothing good.

Wonder how this arc ends next time, I fear about Sumire if nothing else. As she probably knew the abilities gets removed (although she is purpotedly locked by Oka Eri?)
May 4, 2022 12:05 AM

Jan 2020
It is somewhat ironic that Oka Eri is going around being the Bureau's lapdog. So much for all that big talk about being a villain. She's nothing but a henchwoman.

I suppose the only way Kei could stop this is by proving Urachi orchestrated the whole thing? And that therefore abilities aren't as unstable as they seem? But even then, the fact that it happened at all, that it was so easy to put into motion, I feel like the Bureau will be ready to erase abilities regardless. I'm not sure if Kei's talk no jutsu is strong enough to stop it.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Nov 30, 2022 11:39 AM

Mar 2019
I wish Kei was still the genius he was in the first cour, planning everything and always winning. I don't understand why he didn't reset, could have just called Misora before and tell her to save before Ukawa used her ability.

There are a lot of questions so hopefully the last episode of this arc will answer a lot of them, at least the ones regarding Sumire.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 15 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2017

44 by Rob7 »»
Mar 28, 2:58 PM

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2017

63 by Rob7 »»
Mar 27, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2017

59 by StateofOhayo »»
Mar 26, 1:30 AM

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2017

77 by StateofOhayo »»
Mar 22, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2017

116 by Bortolo63 »»
Nov 28, 2023 2:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.