Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jul 31, 2017 9:56 PM
Nov 2016
It's alright, not really good but I wouldn't necessarily call it terrible.

Except Tokyo Ghoul being in your favourites for manga.
and you rated Orange a 10.

other than that, it's eh I guess.

Jul 31, 2017 10:06 PM

Apr 2017
Apoc_Revolution said:
Ikaros_42oh said:

>needs meaning to be spelled out for him
lol
the whole point is to explain it for yourself in your own way
life is way often way more ambiguous than not so when trying to realistically approach peoples feelings around such crazy events as the wired or the second/third impacts the meaning behind it can not be easily pinned down on purpose...
it's like being there in all the madness; for example nge kinda throws you right in and explains backstory as it goes (esp in the second half) right as the backstory stuff starts to show it starts having an effect on the characters and seeing how they and you react to such events i think is really cool and interesting. The psychological tension is amazing tbh.

i highly recommend you read some Faulkner novels and try to see the beauty in this method of story telling. When you 'get' it I swear the other methods kinda lose their luster... heres a general summary of what i like about them
https://neoenglish.wordpress.com/2010/12/12/ambiguity-inconclusiveness-irresolution-in-faulkner%E2%80%99s-novels/

also the art style and music of both shows i find really enjoyable

It doesn't need to be spelled out as long as you can understand what the anime is trying to tell you. It either needs to be clearly expressed in words or shown in a way that isn't confusing. What if you can't explain it for yourself? Then you will either never understand or will have to listen to other people's opinions, which defeats the purpose of explaining it for yourself. In other words, it might as well be a waste of time better spent on something else. Indeed, NGE (the TV season) actually explains things. The second half of the movie does not. Even so, the TV season's plot and characters don't interest me and it has a major pacing flaw in episode 24 that wastes a new character that is introduced. I won't mention who or how for those who haven't seen it yet. Psychological is one of my favourite genres, but NGE doesn't do it for me.

I appreciate the recommendation, but I must admit that I can't be bothered to read novels.

no what im saying is that it shouldnt be clear if it wants to be accurate regarding such ambiguous and confusing things as being a god program (SEL) or the one who bears the load of all humanity (EVA). These situations are confusing and it is accurate to produce them to be confusing. You cant explain confusion to everyone as naturally everyone is on a different level of understanding. This leaves some people who cant understand the confusion IS the meaning. If you never understand this you cannot move on to the part where you explain this confusion in your own way. It's better this way if you can get it as its personal and you can learn more about yourself working through this confusion while realizing that the confusion/ambiguity is the point. Even if you dont get any of this I still dont think it'd be a waste of time, as even the realization that some things are too confusing to understand is an important one.
a pacing flaw in episode 24 by way of the new character haha please put why in a spoiler and tell me. I dont think so as

you cant be bothered to read novels and yet in your signature you have "Never underestimate the significance of words" sounds youre underestimating them to me...
イカロス --I K A R O S D E S U-- "Hai master" <3cruise

Becoming the bell of my heart
dont click here, baka -->> https://soundcloud.com/franciscan-guitar
Jul 31, 2017 10:28 PM
Jun 2017
What are these compatibility scores that some of you are using?

Btw, don't worry about your taste, for that'll be futile (if, of course, you've already seen the criticisms of those series).
Jul 31, 2017 10:34 PM
Oct 2015
mmm... without looking, just the ones u named (besides fairy tail) i do think they are bad, but unless i dropped it, i don't think an anime is bad/ for me, i just think since there's thousands of better ones out there you/i could/ should be watching instead.
Jul 31, 2017 11:20 PM

May 2015
Apoc_Revolution said:

zal said:
I said this many times: score how you want. Want to score based on enjoyment? Feel free to do so, I said nothing against that. I do not enjoy some good shows as well.

I already decided to do that from the moment I started rating anime. I score based on quality and enjoyment.
What makes you suitable to evaluate quality?

Really though, it doesn't explain anything and is even worse than NGE in that aspect. If you have to research on the internet to find out what the show means, then I consider the anime a failure.

zal said:
Consider it whatever you want but even if you consider it a failure doesn't make it a failure, just saying.

How can an anime that has major flaws not be a failure quality-wise?
Flawed creatures can produce only flawed works.
S;G never explained the Reading Steiner.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the show, not tell approach as long as things can still be properly understood without words. SEL and NGE's movie fail in that aspect since everything is a mess. It's no wonder that so many people don't understand what these shows mean.

zal said:
The question is, is it really a mess or is it just your impression?
If you look at them just from a narrative point of view yeah it might be a mess but you are ignoring the introspection side of Evangelion which didn't seem a mess to me and ended up being the main focus of the show.

It really is a mess. These introspection scenes in the second half of the movie don't even make sense. Especially when Asuka keeps saying "Look at me" and "Chance" for seemingly no reason lol. While I personally dislike the TV season as well, at least there the introspection makes sense.
It had meaning and sense for other people, what makes your perception of it the correct one? Maybe you just don't get it?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 31, 2017 11:39 PM

Sep 2016
Ikaros_42oh said:
Apoc_Revolution said:

It doesn't need to be spelled out as long as you can understand what the anime is trying to tell you. It either needs to be clearly expressed in words or shown in a way that isn't confusing. What if you can't explain it for yourself? Then you will either never understand or will have to listen to other people's opinions, which defeats the purpose of explaining it for yourself. In other words, it might as well be a waste of time better spent on something else. Indeed, NGE (the TV season) actually explains things. The second half of the movie does not. Even so, the TV season's plot and characters don't interest me and it has a major pacing flaw in episode 24 that wastes a new character that is introduced. I won't mention who or how for those who haven't seen it yet. Psychological is one of my favourite genres, but NGE doesn't do it for me.

I appreciate the recommendation, but I must admit that I can't be bothered to read novels.

no what im saying is that it shouldnt be clear if it wants to be accurate regarding such ambiguous and confusing things as being a god program (SEL) or the one who bears the load of all humanity (EVA). These situations are confusing and it is accurate to produce them to be confusing. You cant explain confusion to everyone as naturally everyone is on a different level of understanding. This leaves some people who cant understand the confusion IS the meaning. If you never understand this you cannot move on to the part where you explain this confusion in your own way. It's better this way if you can get it as its personal and you can learn more about yourself working through this confusion while realizing that the confusion/ambiguity is the point. Even if you dont get any of this I still dont think it'd be a waste of time, as even the realization that some things are too confusing to understand is an important one.
a pacing flaw in episode 24 by way of the new character haha please put why in a spoiler and tell me. I dont think so as

you cant be bothered to read novels and yet in your signature you have "Never underestimate the significance of words" sounds youre underestimating them to me...

They're supposed to be confusing? Then it goes against the meaning of art itself. It should be able to be understood and it should captivate viewers. Not being able to understand the meaning is very likely to lead to a lack of enjoyment, like in my case. If only a minority of people can understand and appreciate it, then this form of art is a failure. There is a difference between ambiguity and confusion. Serial Experiments Lain and End of Evangelion have many bizarre images and rants that make zero sense.

Regarding the pacing in episode 24 of NGE:

I eventually read that article about Ambiguity, Inconclusiveness and Irresolution you showed me, but I don't think I'll read the rest. This peculiar form of writing is an interesting concept, but a flawed one. I don't underestimate the significance of words, it's just apathy that makes me not read everything. What I mean by that signature is, people shouldn't butcher the definitions of words, and people should realise that each word has a meaning that should be used at the appropriate time. The cancer known as "buzzwords" is a result of people using the same word to describe different things. I'm against words becoming meaningless. Also, each word a person utters is recorded by God. But of course, many people refuse to believe that.

Aug 1, 2017 12:15 AM

May 2015
JatinNagpal said:
What are these compatibility scores that some of you are using?
Go on someone's profile and in the left column you should see it after scrolling down a bit but it works only if you have enough rated shows in common. You have few shows on your list so it will work with fewer users.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 1, 2017 12:23 AM

Sep 2016
Apoc_Revolution said:

zal said:
I said this many times: score how you want. Want to score based on enjoyment? Feel free to do so, I said nothing against that. I do not enjoy some good shows as well.

I already decided to do that from the moment I started rating anime. I score based on quality and enjoyment.
zal said:

You could ask that question to anyone who has a different taste. In truth, we're both suitable, but we have different ways.

Really though, it doesn't explain anything and is even worse than NGE in that aspect. If you have to research on the internet to find out what the show means, then I consider the anime a failure.

zal said:
Consider it whatever you want but even if you consider it a failure doesn't make it a failure, just saying.

zal said:

It's been more than a year since I saw Steins;Gate so I can't remember. If that's true, then that is indeed a flaw, but do you not realise that SEL and NGE's movie don't explain things either? Much more things, even.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the show, not tell approach as long as things can still be properly understood without words. SEL and NGE's movie fail in that aspect since everything is a mess. It's no wonder that so many people don't understand what these shows mean.

zal said:
The question is, is it really a mess or is it just your impression?
If you look at them just from a narrative point of view yeah it might be a mess but you are ignoring the introspection side of Evangelion which didn't seem a mess to me and ended up being the main focus of the show.

It really is a mess. These introspection scenes in the second half of the movie don't even make sense. Especially when Asuka keeps saying "Look at me" and "Chance" for seemingly no reason lol. While I personally dislike the TV season as well, at least there the introspection makes sense.
zal said:
It had meaning and sense for other people, what makes your perception of it the correct one? Maybe you just don't get it?

Of course I don't get it, but my perception doesn't necessarily have to be the correct one. If it only makes sense for a minority of people, then that shows that the anime is a mess otherwise more people would understand.

Aug 1, 2017 12:59 AM

May 2015
Apoc_Revolution said:
Apoc_Revolution said:

zal said:

You could ask that question to anyone who has a different taste. In truth, we're both suitable, but we have different ways.

zal said:

It's been more than a year since I saw Steins;Gate so I can't remember. If that's true, then that is indeed a flaw, but do you not realise that SEL and NGE's movie don't explain things either? Much more things, even.

zal said:

Of course I don't get it, but my perception doesn't necessarily have to be the correct one. If it only makes sense for a minority of people, then that shows that the anime is a mess otherwise more people would understand.
Hard to decode is not the same thing as missing, not every show has to appeal to the lowest denominator by being in your face. If it makes sense only for a minority it is niche, not necessarily a mess.
Aug 1, 2017 2:35 AM
Aug 2017
SAO is great. don't worry about your taste in anime. everyone has different opinions nad thoughts.
I love anime and kpop! <3 BLINK and SONE
Aug 1, 2017 3:00 AM

Nov 2011
Pullman said:
'Is my taste really that bad?' and 'I am the greatest!' are kind of contradictions. Nobody who thinks the latter would ever phrase a question like the former. Unless for baiting/trolling purposes when they're not being genuine. So I ask again, is this the true purpose of your thread?

Eh, I don't really see it as inherently contradictory. Wanting to know what other people think of you does not in and of itself make you insecure. Thinking your taste is bad (at least by others standards) does not necessitate that you are dissatisfied with your taste.

I mean if you still dunked your cheetos in cola as an adult you yourself might recognize that as "weird" since most people don't do that, but it doesn't necessarily mean you would feel obligated to change your preference*. As a loose analogy I think that is similar.

*I don't do this anymore, btw. Just an example.
Aug 1, 2017 3:14 AM
May 2017
>10.4% compatibility
>>Fairy Tail, School Days,
erm. kinda? sorta?

Aug 1, 2017 4:13 AM

Nov 2014
AnimeXHunter said:
>-15% compatibility
>Fairy Tail, School Days and Code Geass in favs

Aw hell yeah.

So, basically the taste is now measured by compatibility with EVA fanboys? Glad to know it. Anime fans never dissapoint me. In the worst way.

@Takamura-sama you just like more recent shows with a wide mainstream appeal, which anime fandom has translated into "shitty taste". For me, i must admit, that's not my style, but you're you, not me. So do what you want.

But, if you feel the need to change the situation, just because you want, and not because others told you, you can always ask for recomendations.
Aug 1, 2017 8:27 AM

Apr 2015
35% compatibility, congratz now we both have bad taste.
Aug 1, 2017 8:33 AM

Mar 2016
Takamura-sama said:
Whenever I'm in an anime chatgroup they assume that I'm a troll because my favorite list consisting of School days and fairy tail.

I also like mayoiga, sao and many more anime that are disliked a lot by people.

Is my animetaste really that bad? If it is why is it bad?

No your taste in anime isn't bad. You like what you watch, don't you?

Who cares what other people think.
Aug 1, 2017 9:04 AM

Jan 2013
Takamura-sama said:
Is my animetaste really that bad? If it is why is it bad?
well your forum pic is best girl so you're alright in my books.
Aug 1, 2017 9:25 AM

Aug 2016
Meh, in my opinion "bad taste" is really just a joke that far too many people take too seriously. Like, I may occasionally tease people for liking a show that's typically perceived as bad, or that I perceive as bad, but I do acknowledge that each individual has their own definition for what "good" is. I do acknowledge that there are legitimate points to be made as to why they like that series, even if there are several legitimate points to be made as to why I dislike it, and vice versa. Even the people hailed to have "good taste" sometimes like things that others perceive to be bad. There's no such thing as bad taste in a serious context, and I disagree with anyone who thinks otherwise.

Unless your favorite movie is the Star Wars Holiday Special. There's no justifying that.
Aug 1, 2017 9:25 AM
Jul 2017
Why should it matter? We are all individuals and find different things to our own liking. Having an opinion on the internet is like trying to put out a fire with petrol. Just be yourself and enjoy it :)

Also no your taste is fine.
Aug 1, 2017 9:37 AM

Apr 2016
Yes OP. Your taste is really that bad.

Jokes aside, no. I don't think anyone has "bad taste in anime" just different taste in anime.
Aug 1, 2017 9:56 AM

Jul 2013
How those taste/ratings threads always ends having so many replies? People sure loves controversy.

OT: OP, your taste is fine.
Aug 1, 2017 10:46 AM

May 2015
No one has shit taste, just different taste.

Aug 1, 2017 10:51 AM

Jul 2013
>sees Rakugo with a score of 2

yeah it's pretty bad in my opinion
Aug 1, 2017 11:14 AM

Mar 2016
I'm afraid, dear sir, that it is absolutely mortifying.

So is mine though

But fear not OP, your taste is not as shitty as coughcough @Snappynator coughcough

On a serious note your taste falls in reasonable line with what many who are more acquainted with the medium would call "bad". Mostly due to the Fairy Tail, Code Geass, SAO and Mikasa in faves, But I can tell that you don't really care. And that's how things should be. We're all idiots with shit taste anyways. Apart from me.
OduduwaAug 1, 2017 11:24 AM
Aug 1, 2017 11:29 AM

May 2017
Just ignore them, your taste isn't bad if it's what you like. You just enjoy what not everyone likes, and that is ok.

“Never forget what you are, for
surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness.
Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."
Aug 1, 2017 11:35 AM

Oct 2014
well you have rainbow and onanie master kurosawa in your favorites so it's not that bad and we have 20% compatibility
Aug 1, 2017 2:28 PM

Oct 2015
romagia said:
first thoughts.. 25% compatibility.. cant be that bad

>sees amanchu at 2

nope it really is that bad

amanchu is trash, amice. :^^^^^^^)
"I came here to sniff Madoka panties and kick witch ass and I am all out 'doka panties" - Homora Akemi
Aug 1, 2017 2:54 PM

Aug 2014
There is no such thing as bad taste, only pretentious taste. Just ignore anyone who thinks you got bad taste.
Aug 1, 2017 3:28 PM

Sep 2016
zal said:
Apoc_Revolution said:

Hard to decode is not the same thing as missing, not every show has to appeal to the lowest denominator by being in your face. If it makes sense only for a minority it is niche, not necessarily a mess.

That is true, but it shouldn't be confusing either. Replace the nonsensical images and rants with words and visuals that can be interpreted in multiple ways, yet still make sense and the quality would've been fine. It's both a niche and a mess, it doesn't have to be black and white.

Aug 1, 2017 3:57 PM

Aug 2014

yeahhhhhh

watch more hentai buddy boy

penis lol
Aug 1, 2017 4:13 PM

Oct 2014
you have fairy tail and rewirte in favorites op
as much as i do not like judging tastes and peoples ideas in fiction based only in the favorites list alone, you are not really helping to make your case
Aug 1, 2017 4:26 PM

May 2016
I mean do you need someone to accept you for what you like?
Aug 1, 2017 6:23 PM

Nov 2016
Depends if you consider having diffrent taste than majority as a bad then yes its probably bad.

Majority might oppose your taste its still doesn't mean your taste is bad its just diffrent.

Anyway why do you even care
Aug 1, 2017 6:53 PM

Apr 2014
I like SAO and Fairy Tail too. Gintama is a taco bell toilet though
Aug 1, 2017 6:57 PM

Jul 2016
>Serial Experiments Lain a 5
yes its bad
Aug 1, 2017 7:03 PM
May 2017
KazuyaKujo said:
I like SAO and Fairy Tail too. Gintama is a taco bell toilet though
This is where I draw the line. Unironically liking series with bad writing and doing vice versa is definitely shit taste.

Aug 1, 2017 7:30 PM

Mar 2016
Enjoy whatever you enjoy. No fan's opinion is better than another's.

Click the banner for anime lists, discussions, reviews, and let's plays!
Aug 1, 2017 7:34 PM

Nov 2016
You can like whatever you like, it doesn't really matter.

And if we're going by my standards, your tastes are p good, but that's because I subject myself to cringe for entertainment.

Aug 1, 2017 8:24 PM

Jul 2013
Your taste in anime is like whatever, so yeah! not exactly horrible, but I don't really care.
Aug 2, 2017 12:08 AM

Jul 2016
It's not really bad. But i have not watched all of those
Aug 2, 2017 12:12 AM

Apr 2016
I mean you like bakugo from boku no hero so that in itself is pretty damn bad. But just enjoy what you like, man. Even if people hate on it who cares. All these guys have watched boku no pico and that's even more lame.
Aug 2, 2017 12:25 AM

Jun 2015
Papi- said:
I mean you like bakugo from boku no hero so that in itself is pretty damn bad. But just enjoy what you like, man. Even if people hate on it who cares. All these guys have watched boku no pico and that's even more lame.
Are you saying you haven't stayed up late one or two nights watching the misadventures of little pico and friends?

Aug 2, 2017 12:38 AM

Apr 2015
2/10 for Rakugo and 1/10 for Paprika while both are masterpieces...
what?
Aug 2, 2017 1:27 AM
May 2016
Liking or disliking something is a matter of choice, you don't need others opinions for that. Just stay with your choice and enjoy.
Aug 2, 2017 1:51 AM

Aug 2012
Your taste is pretty standard for a 16 year old. That´s okay. Still, I see you watch more than super-mainstream anime, which is good. And as the years go by, your preferences will change. A low rated movie now might turn into a favorite later
"Could you not talk with me? I'm busy breathing."
Aug 2, 2017 3:06 AM

Jul 2014
I don't get why people care about someone else's taste in Anime. I think it's way more fun to obsess over shows you both love than to criticize someone because he doesn't like the same shows you like.
Aug 2, 2017 3:23 AM

Dec 2015
Don't mind them. Like what you want to like. Besides, Kotori is best girl...

*looks at your favorites*

Your taste is shit.
Aug 2, 2017 6:03 AM

Apr 2017
Yes, everyone except me has shit taste

"That's my precious
image of happiness..."

- I have no clue... -
Aug 2, 2017 9:07 AM

Jun 2014
A real human being is not supposed to like that garbage, no matter who you are kappa
Also you give low ratings to really good shows. Were you dropped as a child? I'm cringing pretty hard rn tbh

Even a 16-year old kid can't be this fucked in the head
PernodiAug 2, 2017 9:11 AM

Aug 2, 2017 9:13 AM

Jul 2016
I've got no real right to judge other peoples tastes, Just watch the stuff what you wanna watch as long as It doesn't hurt anyone and doesn't put you on some kind of government watch-list.
Aug 2, 2017 9:22 AM
Sep 2014
lol I don't like any of the animes you mentioned but can see why you liked them, either way it doesn't matter because it is my opinion & you should like what you like. You don't need to like or hate the same thing as everyone else. As long as you like watching anime then that's all you need.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Do you consider the opening(s) and ending(s) when rating an anime? ( 1 2 )

Hacker075 - Mar 15

61 by maya2003s »»
3 seconds ago

» Would you be surprised if someone said your favorite anime was the greatest anime of all time? ( 1 2 )

MeanMrMusician - Mar 28

57 by shiro-seishun »»
2 minutes ago

» Skibidi toilet piece part 2 (the sequel)

Cyborgium - 3 hours ago

3 by Spunkert »»
2 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

221 by PurplePants »»
3 minutes ago

» Is it over for newcomer boomers?

LenRea - Apr 24

30 by LenRea »»
6 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.