Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 21, 2017 8:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oo, drama in the entertainment industry. How amusing.

I like those two comedians (Nanako and Haru) this episode although it seems not all is just fun and laughter this episode between the duo. Human emotions are once again exposed in an emotional fashion. Surprisingly, it's more of an acceptance rather than the usual clever punishment to hell.
Stark700Jul 21, 2017 9:43 AM
Jul 21, 2017 9:56 AM
Jul 2018
holy shit the art is even worst than the first episode ugh

edit: ok the second part is abit better still not really ok with though ,for the story it pretty good one this time
removed-userJul 21, 2017 10:11 AM
Jul 21, 2017 11:32 AM

Aug 2015
Wow. Today's episode is a bittersweet one, and it is quite refreshing as well

I felt so nostalgic seeing the Hell's Crew doing investigations on their clients. Ren must've been exhausted for being a good looking manager. 😂
And, Green Girl, Michiru. I really like her voice~ 😄😄😄. I am intrigued to see the revelation of who she is, and to know the reason of her appearance.
There's a slight spoiler in the SP but let's leave that to be discussed in the future.

dustyriceJul 21, 2017 11:52 AM
Peridot is my favorite Crystal Gem.
Jul 21, 2017 12:45 PM
Jun 2016
This was a good episode, I've wondered if there were ever times like this or such.
Jul 21, 2017 1:08 PM

Oct 2016
In my opinion, this episode was a mess. The way they handled the two characters relationship was so weird.
Jul 21, 2017 1:32 PM

Jun 2015
The art of the series hit an all time low :(
Not to mention that plot seemed even worse this time around, I got slice of life feel from this episode, there wasnt any direction... In fact the biggest problem is that I couldnt care about the whole thing at all I mean the best part of hell girl supposed to be invidual stories (sending someone to hell, suffering etc), this one was way too obvious and binary, also they didnt even showed the sending hell part....So lazy!

If this is how gonna play out, then was shame to bring back the series!!
Jul 21, 2017 1:48 PM
Jul 2016
My girlfriend is acting like a stalker, I should consult my abusive ex boyfriend about this...

Seriously though, horrible art aside (WTF Deen) this was a good episode, unpredictable right until the end, showcasing a very interesting symbiotic relationship between the two comedians.

Highlight of the episode

MouloxasAug 4, 2017 11:20 AM
Jul 21, 2017 11:02 PM

May 2015

I get what this episode was trying to say, but I wasn't really feeling it due to the limited amount of time for the story to unfold. It had to tell the stories of the two characters from each of their perspectives within this one episode and then conclude it all at the end. I guess they cramped it all in having to cover all of that, so it doesn't feel as thrilling as a traditional Hell Girl episode...
TarotistNov 14, 2017 6:47 AM
Jul 22, 2017 12:31 AM

Dec 2014
This episode was too confusing
Jul 22, 2017 12:53 AM

Jul 2014
I kinda get what this episode was going for, but I have to say that I wasn't exactly impressed or interested in this particular "damnation pact" in all honesty. Also doesn't help that there's no logical reason I can see for the two of them to condemn each other to an eternity of Hell based on their relationship in this episode.
Jul 22, 2017 1:08 AM

Jul 2010
So far, not impressed by the story of the first two episodes. The first episode was too obvious, and this episode was too much of a mess story wise.

I agree with what @Atavistic said. There wasn't a real clear answer to why the two wanted to send the other to hell.

Plus, I thought from previous seasons, you have to really hate the other person to even get Hell Girl to come. I doubt they both hated each other to that extent.
Jul 22, 2017 1:16 AM

Nov 2011
I thought the episode was pretty good, i think both the comedians were just crazy.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jul 22, 2017 1:41 AM

Aug 2014
I can't fathom why the hell she did what she did. To me, It just seems very fucking ridiculous that you would send Haru to hell for all eternity and thennnnnnnnn when you die you go too?!?! Maybe I just have a pea sized brain.
Jul 22, 2017 3:38 AM

May 2012
Denisecvo said:

Basically, that was a public image she created due to Haru's advice on acting more like a "queen". They created it because their act was centered around that, with Haru playing the part of the dim-witted girl who follows her queen, which in reality, it was the opposite since Nanano was the one who begged Haru to join her to create a comedy duo.

As for why she went to hell so acceptingly, it's hard to understand... So, from their last conversation in their room, it looks like Nanako understood Haru better than anyone, to the point where she understood that Haru wasn't happy with her life anymore or comedy which seemed to have been her passion in life at one point, apparently. So... I guess she just sent her to hell because of that? Because she didn't have anything else to live for? Honestly, the reasoning behind it is kinda flimsy, or maybe it's just sorta hard to understand. Well, whatever, according to that girl, it was a pact of damnation, so they'll suffer in hell once it's all over and Nanako dies. It was a sorta bittersweet ending but at least there was no harsh feelings between the two in the end.
OlemJul 22, 2017 11:47 PM

Jul 22, 2017 5:01 AM

Sep 2011
Hmm... Was not as into this episode as the first... As some other people have mentioned, the motivations felt weak and the art for much of the episode was not up to the usual standard... I suppose we'll just have to see how it goes.
"EVERYBODY, CLAP YOUR HANDS!"

"PLUS ULTRA!"
Jul 22, 2017 7:27 AM

Aug 2014
you know that your partner is insane when they sleep around for your sake , not sure if this was good or meh tbh , but the ending when she said she will come soon , her candle wasn't extinguished which i think that they forgot to do , that's sad :( , next episode will have lots of characters so it could be a 2 part episode .
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Jul 22, 2017 8:29 AM

Jul 2015
Denisecvo said:

This shit is common throughout whole series. People sending each other to hell for trivial shit like get did not saved someone's pet or dumb bitch to sending to a dude to hell who saved her from suicide, so he won't spread rumors about it in school.
But the worst one was when unborn baby was sent to hell from its mother's womb by its brother, because he was envious that their parents are putting too much attention to him.

Common shit.

Jul 22, 2017 11:52 AM

Nov 2015
Man the art is really good in some frames but in others it's a mess. What's going on??

I really liked this one. It was a little convoluted but I think it was pretty interesting in all.

When are the recaps coming in? Also does anyone know why they chose to recap at all in a 12 episode series? Seems like a waste.
Jul 22, 2017 1:51 PM
Mar 2016
interesting episode. humans do dumb shit.
Jul 22, 2017 1:55 PM

Oct 2014
yeah art was really off in this episode. story wasn't that good either. Especially Kikuri looked weird.
Jul 22, 2017 2:07 PM
Sep 2015
Macaron and Gelato huh...
Reminds me of Kirakira Precure a la Mode
Jul 22, 2017 4:15 PM

Jun 2016
So the Haru was depressed and thought it was because of Nanako, so she lashed out at her even to the point of slapping her. She even got a doll from Enma Ai. I don't think they had enough time to fully develop this, but I think Haru just wanted to die, because she was unhappy with her life and Nanako realized that at the end. Maybe in Nanako's eyes, sending Haru to hell would be easier than seeing her friend dead somewhere else.

I suspect Nanako will do that too. I almost thought we'd see another boat with Nanako at the end, since she'll have no reason to live if Haru isn't around.

This might be the first episode we've seen where the person going to hell is okay with it.

Piromysl said:
Denisecvo said:

This shit is common throughout whole series. People sending each other to hell for trivial shit like get did not saved someone's pet or dumb bitch to sending to a dude to hell who saved her from suicide, so he won't spread rumors about it in school.
But the worst one was when unborn baby was sent to hell from its mother's womb by its brother, because he was envious that their parents are putting too much attention to him.

Common shit.

The kid sending the unborn baby to hell was one of my favourite stories in this series. I thought he'd send his stepmom to hell due to the abuse he was getting, but he's a kid and just wanted his fun step mother back and saw the baby as the problem. It was one of the best episodes for me and a highlight from last season.
°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
Jul 23, 2017 5:29 AM

Jul 2009
That is what we call deep obsession or crazy love!
Jul 23, 2017 7:30 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
was a nice episode, with a changes in the plot, when the happy of the both girl ends badly!!!
The hate is bad, but too love is bad too!!!
Jul 23, 2017 10:55 PM

Oct 2008
Now that was reversed! based on the first part I really though she would be the one to have vengeance but it was the other way around....still episodic!
3/5.

Jul 24, 2017 10:27 AM
Mar 2010
This episode was a mess, animation, story, art - everything was wrong. Plus they were using OST from the very first season, instead of using something new and fresh . Maybe Deen didn't even purchased new score for the series. I still can't see the major story with that Michiru girl to develop, they have 4 episodes to do that and it is still lacking. Some people say the next episode include some familiar characters, but I honestly can't remember anything. Please tell me what is that all about?
Jul 24, 2017 10:41 AM
Sep 2009
Despite the art being bad, I actually like this episode much more than the first. It was more ambitious and less predictable than last episode, and a lot of older Hell Girl eps if we're being honest. The growing toxicity in the two comedians' relationship is harder to pin down than the simpler tormentor & tormented dynamic many Hell Girl episodes have. And I like that.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
Jul 24, 2017 11:20 AM

Nov 2009
Eh, it was weird. Weird enough to lose on what was even the point... they tried to go for the change of pace and something outside the mold, but uh, I don't know if you can call this result success, exactly...
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jul 27, 2017 3:08 PM

Jul 2009
Good episode. Art is okay, but there were some weird faces especially Nanako.

I like how they fool everyone about the roles. Despite them being the most fun of their life on stage, off stage is so very different.

There's no elaborate death this time around.
Jul 29, 2017 5:43 AM

Sep 2013
Hell that was a bit confusing to watch. Was thinking they had deluded themselves that they are the other one, but it was just their chara setting. The yandere-ness was strong enough to send themselves off to Hell. Since both went willingly but without any grudge/vengence .
Jul 29, 2017 12:15 PM
Jul 2018
To many comments above me: IMO you think too logical. Sounds wrong and ironic, but I think, that's the case. People can act very illogical and unreasonable. In the mind and with the individual psyche of both, it made sense for them imo. I dunno, from their point of view, I think it was very "understandable" and interesting. ^^"

Yaah, the art was weaker than in S1 and S2!? D=
Jul 29, 2017 3:23 PM

Feb 2013
This was too weird.
Aug 4, 2017 8:50 AM
May 2017
Olem said:
Denisecvo said:

Basically, that was a public image she created due to Haru's advice on acting more like a "queen". They created it because their act was centered around that, with Haru playing the part of the dim-witted girl who follows her queen, which in reality, it was the opposite since Nanano was the one who begged Haru to join her to create a comedy duo.

As for why she went to hell so acceptingly, it's hard to understand... So, from their last conversation in their room, it looks like Nanako understood Haru better than anyone, to the point where she understood that Haru wasn't happy with her life anymore or comedy which seemed to have been her passion in life at one point, apparently. So... I guess she just sent her to hell because of that? Because she didn't have anything else to live for? Honestly, the reasoning behind it is kinda flimsy, or maybe it's just sorta hard to understand. Well, whatever, according to that girl, it was a pact of damnation, so they'll suffer in hell once it's all over and Nanako dies. It was a sorta bittersweet ending but at least there was no harsh feelings between the two in the end.

Maybe Haru accepted it because she tried to send Nanako to hell first, as for why Nanako sent her friend to hell .... cuz it's hell girl.... they could have worked it out... take some time apart , do something, it's hard to believe that they lived only for their work.....
Aug 11, 2017 9:04 PM

May 2015
I always shed a tear at the end of any Hell Girl episode. This time was not an exception.
Sep 3, 2017 3:16 AM
Mar 2012
Damnation pact isnt very clear. Shinjuu is double suicide, since Nana planned to die soon after to join Haru, not after living a long life.
Story was fine, bit confusing but got clarified.
Oct 1, 2017 2:47 PM

May 2012
Another fantastic episode, really loving this series!
Nov 26, 2017 8:54 AM

May 2015
What a mess episode. Nothing to add
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 22, 2018 9:44 AM

Oct 2015
Comedians are often suicidal deep down. Comedy is their temporary game to escape the reality which they can't cope with. Sooner or later, they might reach the point where even this game loses its meaning, and they find themselves left with no more options.

Hell to Haru is filled of hope. As it represents a true new start that transcends imagination. Nanako is a little bit different... she's something of a Yandere!
Sep 23, 2018 6:02 AM

May 2016
It's always the clowns who hold the heaviest baggage. With comedy being the only thing keeping Haru from being so cynical, gradually losing inspiration and passion is the worst thing that can happen to her while Nanaka continues to feel hopeless without the other one's support all the while taking her Queen role seriously.

Seeing them do their first act together back then and now was a very touching thing but the complexities of their feelings reached a tipping point where they both agree to go to hell together because the situation's pretty hopeless. Without Haru writing for her, she probably killed herself later that night to join up. I noticed that the ones who didn't do anything particularly wrong wasn't given a flashy punishment and that was nice of Ai and the crew to do.

The art was iffier here though...

Jun 17, 2019 12:34 PM

Sep 2012
Arashi_Rogue said:
I can't fathom why the hell she did what she did. To me, It just seems very fucking ridiculous that you would send Haru to hell for all eternity and thennnnnnnnn when you die you go too?!?! Maybe I just have a pea sized brain.

it was implied she will kill herself soon right after, but yea its dumb, if they wan't to be together without this show... then why u2 need to go to hell for it, makes no sense lol
Feb 2, 2021 11:07 AM

Mar 2019
Damn, this felt weird. Even weirder than the twins episode in Mitsuganae. Who is that girl though.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

May 30, 2021 11:00 AM
Nov 2020
This episode reminds me of the one where the student sends her depressed teacher to hell. I just don't get the reasoning of "Life sucks, lets go to hell where it's better!"
Nov 12, 2022 8:37 PM
Dec 2017
another okayish episode i suppose

Feb 25, 2023 7:23 AM

Nov 2010
Hmm, in the end, they just made an elaborate suicide pact. That's why there was no punishment scene for Haru.
Jul 20, 2023 3:55 PM

May 2015
The end with the double death is surprising.
Aug 14, 2023 12:19 PM

Sep 2017
1: Shitty nightcore opening song
2: Great ending song
3: Incomprehensible episode and a bad story
Well, this was probably the second time someone was happy for going to hell(the first being the novelist guy from s1)
خ

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo: Yoi no Togi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2017

67 by patkarunungan »»
Nov 20, 2023 11:24 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo: Yoi no Togi Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 18, 2017

89 by redpanda_42 »»
Nov 20, 2023 5:12 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo: Yoi no Togi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2017

68 by Fatephile »»
Aug 14, 2023 2:03 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo: Yoi no Togi Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2017

124 by Fatephile »»
Aug 14, 2023 1:06 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo: Yoi no Togi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2017

112 by Fatephile »»
Aug 14, 2023 11:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.