Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 28, 2017 2:18 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Whoa, shit just got real this episode.

We get to see Kakashi fighting too along with Sai like the old days.
Also about time Naruto shows what he can do in this present timeline. He's still got it in him!
Jun 28, 2017 3:13 AM

Dec 2012
Great episode. Sumire is the culprit.

Kakashi is back & already dealing with a threat to the village. Nice to see him & Sai fight together. Oh man wanted to see Naruto use Kyuubi Chakra Mode, but a Nue bomb going off is not a good idea.

Sumire, Boruto & Mitsuki transported to another dimension with the Nue.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jun 28, 2017 3:16 AM

Feb 2013
The first interesting episode, let's hope that after this arc we won't go back to the lame class life of the wannabe ninjas.
Jun 28, 2017 3:30 AM

Mar 2016
Well it's 5:00 a.m. and I haven't slept at all and now the episode was released so I'm watching it...

Everyone's theories about the class rep being sus was right... but like she still like cute. Things are getting interesting and I'm excited!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 28, 2017 3:38 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

First off, KAKASHI!! :D

Looks like Sumire was indeed the culprit as many people were theorizing, she's still cute though. Sumire should really let her hair down more often, she looks great with it down.

So the name for our Ghosts and stuff is Nue, basically a suicidal chakra bomb. Interesting.
I understand the point Kakashi made regarding Naruto using chakra based blasts but I don't see why he couldn't have just pummeled the beast down. He could've even tried Sage Mode to maybe trace the chakra origin and discover Sumire and try and incapacitate her. Sucks that he was basically relegated to Barrier team.

Boruto wants to save everyone, that's understandable and let's hope he succeeds. xD
Jun 28, 2017 3:41 AM
Jan 2014
Episode was dope. Finally taking a good turn.

Lmao thought the lightning coming out of Boruto's eye was going to be Sasuke in some way lol
Jun 28, 2017 3:42 AM
Sep 2012
Yes Shikamaru we are going to show mercy on her. After we pardoned Sasuke after everything he did, I guess we have to show mercy on everybody now or else we will playing favorite hypocrites.

Cool to see Sai in action and uses the footer soldiers as distraction.

So Naruto is sidelined, and Boruto is the one who has to save the day, we had a little three way fight here, and of course Boruto is not going to give up on her, he is is father's son, and again I have to bring up the point he never gave up on Sasuke and compared to Sasuke, Sumire is nothing, though Boruto doesn't know her nearly as long as Naruto knew Sasuke but still.

blfanJun 28, 2017 4:26 AM
Jun 28, 2017 3:49 AM

Dec 2016

Ohh this eye is dope as fuck o_o
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Jun 28, 2017 4:14 AM

Sep 2013
4/5

This was far better than I expected. I had suspected it might be Sumire. Her revenge plan was pretty solid which rendered Kakashi, Sai and Naruto useless in this battle. All they could do was create a barrier and wondered what they can do.

Looks like next week might be the climax of this arc. For once I'm excited and looking forward to an episode of Boruto. Really hope Sumire stays alive, I actually like her a lot. Is it me or does Sumire look taller in her new attire?

Jun 28, 2017 4:14 AM

Apr 2014
Finally some action and serious stuff, but quite underwhelming directing.
Jun 28, 2017 4:27 AM

Dec 2012
Next episode, Boruto shows how much he has learned from Naruto, by using Talk no Jutsu to make Sumire regret it. But wait! The monster is still unstopable. Nah, who am I kidding, Boruto will defeat it with the bs power from his eye kek
Jun 28, 2017 4:29 AM

Dec 2012
blfan said:
Yes Shikamaru we are going to show mercy on her. After we pardoned Sasuke after everything he did, I guess we have to show mercy on everybody now or else we will playing favorite hypocrites.

Except Sasuke actually played a major role in winning the war. And this girl has done nothing to justify forgiving her. But of course they will. Well, not that mind it though
Jun 28, 2017 5:07 AM

Dec 2015
Okay-ish episode, it feels like the anime deliberately has "weakened" every veteran character so that the new generation can find it's own way to beat the beast. I hope this doesn't end with the typical shounen way Boruto "convincing" the CP that what she's doing in wrong etc etc.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 28, 2017 5:21 AM
Mar 2015
Finanny a really good episode, i give it 5/5.

I like how boruto is building up nicely, it started a bit slow but it is getting more and more interesting.
adolf512Jun 28, 2017 5:25 AM
Jun 28, 2017 5:38 AM
Sep 2012
tirafesi said:
blfan said:

Except Sasuke actually played a major role in winning the war. And this girl has done nothing to justify forgiving her. But of course they will. Well, not that mind it though

Regardless he tried to destroy the village, and after he helped save the world, he than had this crazy plan of his own which I think was going to enslave or kill everyone I don't remember, he was going to be some dictator Hokage and be intentionally hated, I don't remember the details. Just saying Kekashi pardon him, I don't know if I would have done that, if that is a just move. I don't know if I would have done that.

Still no point in harping in the past. What's done is done.
Jun 28, 2017 5:42 AM

May 2017
I'm gonna miss her "hawawa~"
Jun 28, 2017 5:53 AM

Nov 2016
Dat revelation, so Sumire is the culprit, didn't see that coming tbh.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 28, 2017 6:50 AM
Apr 2016
I've been wondering since ep2 why they hired Aya Endo (a veteran seiyuu) to voice Sumire, a seemingly minor character. Now it makes sense.
Jun 28, 2017 7:10 AM

Apr 2011
i love how the drama from previous episodes are coming together towards this episode. I wonder how this is all going to develop. I am quiet confused in terms of how the story is going since we (im sure most of us have) have watched the Boruto movie, that the connections between the anime and movie are starting to split apart. I can't wait to see what else his eye can do and the connection between him and the "Nue" since he was able to summon him and use transportation jutsu on it.
Jun 28, 2017 7:26 AM

Dec 2016
It was thrill to the end! I did not expect Sumire to be the cause of those events. But in my opinion, she is not to blame for the evil she is doing.
She is causing the cause because it has been imposed on her that the important thing is revenge and to finish what the father could not do, deep down she has no notion that she is making the evil dreams (or plans or whatever you want to call her) "Foundation" reality.

I feel sorry for Sumire to have a cruel fate!
It reminds me of Naruto when he was exactly the age of Surime and Boruto, do not you think?
But also what makes me confused is what is the purpose of Mitsuki in this situation? In episode 12, Orashimaru said that Mitskuki was going to be able to do (or finish) what he could not do and my question is, WHAT ?!
Did he know about the plans of this "Foundation" and could I predict that this would happen?
I do not know but this is getting more intriguing and exciting!
Jun 28, 2017 7:55 AM

Oct 2013
Soooo that's why she's not in the opening and the ending with the others
Jun 28, 2017 8:00 AM

Jun 2015
I'm so happy to see Kakashi again. Him using Purple Lightning was cool. Sumire definitely is the culprit. Mitsuki has orders to kill her, but Boruto won't let him. Looks like they got transported into another dimension. Things are getting more interesting.
Jun 28, 2017 8:37 AM

Oct 2015
Finally something interesting happens. I find it a bit sad Naruto didn't do anything, he became just another side character. He could have at least try to use some badass rasengan and fail miserably to make that beast stronger, so we could see some more action.

Jun 28, 2017 8:55 AM

Sep 2013
Sumire with the exposed back and sealing marks ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I don't like how she lost to mitsuki so easy, like come on :(
Jun 28, 2017 9:00 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Kakashi and Mitsuki FTW....Also this was really cool

Jun 28, 2017 9:09 AM

Jun 2014
Awesome to see Kakashi in action again (even if it was brief), but shouldn't he look a bit older? He looked pretty old in the final chapter of Naruto so I think it's weird how he seems to have not aged at all in this.

That lightning shit that Boruto's eye did was pretty cool and now he has to somehow defeat the Nue. This will probably end with the typical Talk no Jutsu unfortunately.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 28, 2017 9:22 AM

Jul 2008
Titadou said:
Soooo that's why she's not in the opening and the ending with the others

She appears in both the Opening (twice) and in the ending (once, near the end).

Actuially, since so many people have trouble seeing her in the ED, here is a screenshot:

(I remember when I first saw her and lol'd at how she looks sinister)

ttcchen said:
well, naruto has infinite chakra so why doesn't he just stand there and let the beast suck him until the beast overload of chakra and explode or something lol

They literally said that they don't want it to explode. With a damn good reason: it would probably be like dropping a nuke, especially if you add Naruto's chakra to it.
Jun 28, 2017 9:39 AM

May 2016
Now Boruto had already ruined but not much. We know he did on purpose by using his dōjutsu and automatically active the transportation. This episode is getting interesting right now and we're going to see more details about Sumire's parent.
Jun 28, 2017 9:42 AM
Feb 2016
Why is it so coool :)
Jun 28, 2017 10:50 AM

Dec 2010
tkrisz2 said:
Finally something interesting happens. I find it a bit sad Naruto didn't do anything, he became just another side character. He could have at least try to use some badass rasengan and fail miserably to make that beast stronger, so we could see some more action.

I think the idea is that the beast isn't that strong, Naruto could probably one shot it with a Rasengan but then it would blow up. This is a way for them to make Naruto's strength irrelevant to the situation without making Naruto as a whole an irrelevant character to the series.
Jun 28, 2017 1:02 PM

Sep 2015
I feel like Class Rep is gonna be another Hinata. SumireXBoruto
Jun 28, 2017 2:05 PM
May 2011
Let's count some latest Naruto opponents: God/Alien from Boruto movie, Sasuke, Kaguya, Madara, Obito, Nagato, Pain. You know what they have in common? All of them, are rinnegan users, that can absorb chakra.
And now Naruto can't even lift a finger vs sucking chakra beast...
I know this is Boruto series, and Boruto is main character, but it doesn't mean, Naruto has to lose face from silly reasons ...
Jun 28, 2017 2:32 PM

Jan 2016
TJtR said:
Let's count some latest Naruto opponents: God/Alien from Boruto movie, Sasuke, Kaguya, Madara, Obito, Nagato, Pain. You know what they have in common? All of them, are rinnegan users, that can absorb chakra.
I know this is Boruto series, and Boruto is main character, but it doesn't mean, Naruto has to lose face from silly reasons ...

Thank you! Someone finally said it. Yes it's about Boruto but making Naruto, the character we all actually like a minor character that can't do shit is annoying asf. I bet he could Taijutsu one shot it if he would want to.
Jun 28, 2017 2:49 PM
Jun 2017
Mitsuki going for the kill, Boruto stopping him and the class rep. What was that lightning from Boruto's eye? Can't wait for the next episode. Finally some excitement.
Jun 28, 2017 3:06 PM

Feb 2012
Nice episode, sad to see the new waifu in the making be the culprit but it is what it is I guess.

During that summoning jutsu Boruto's eye did I thought he summoned the beast in the middle of the village lol.

Looks like next week its the good ol' talk to jutsu. I hope Mitsuki kills her tbh or she sacrifices herself to give more chakra to the beast.
Jun 28, 2017 3:06 PM

Jul 2009
Ulquiorra said:
The first interesting episode, let's hope that after this arc we won't go back to the lame class life of the wannabe ninjas.

LOL that's exactly what's gonna happen.
Jun 28, 2017 4:41 PM
Apr 2016
When boruto's eyes has been used it looks so cool and interesting, I wanna see more and more.

Finally boruto's getting better and better better
Jun 28, 2017 4:47 PM

Jul 2016
I liked the episodes before but the mystery was dragging on a bit too much. I am so glad we're starting to get some pay off here. Great episode.
Jun 28, 2017 4:51 PM

Jul 2016
TJtR said:

What I took from that was Naruto couldn't do anything to attack the beast not because it would suck his chakra weakening him, but because it would suck his chakra and use it to explode and destroy the hidden leaf. With Naruto's chakra it could probably even do more damage. Basically the whole purpose of Nue was to blow up anyway taking the village with it so it would be unwise for Naruto to hurry the process along.
Jun 28, 2017 5:10 PM
Jun 2017
The thing about the Nue bomb is that we don't know how strong it is. Adding naruto chakra makes it even more dangerous. Also people tend to forget that he fought those aliens with a chakra cloak so it would also absorb that.
Jun 28, 2017 5:13 PM
May 2012
i'm sorry but i can't take this seriously

seconds_to_dere said:
I'm gonna miss her "hawawa~"

agreed. best thing ever in boruto.
Jun 28, 2017 6:37 PM

Apr 2017
By far the best episode in Boruto. The previous episodes don't even compare to this.
Only in death are we all equal.
Jun 28, 2017 7:09 PM
May 2017
This was a really good episode because it made the entire series up to this point worth another watch just to see all the hints.
I love a well written betrayal, and this one hit all the right buttons.

I admit when I first saw the class rep I thought for sure we were just getting Diet Hinata: Now Byakugon free. I was wrong and I'm happy about it.

I hope that in later episodes we go deeper into the Class Rep's head, and learn how she justifies her actions and if the persona she used in class was just a mask hiding a monster or a real person who developed genuine feelings towards her friends.

If I had one criticism its that this plot reminds me of another big betrayal in another anime, but I loved that story so I won't complain.

Hope Boruto can keep the momentum going and I hope to remember the class rep's name by the next episode.
Jun 28, 2017 8:54 PM
Nov 2013
Great stuff, boruto's anime has really rubbed me the right way and it's surprising.

Great action, good betrayal, some interesting stuff.

I hope culprit loli is recurring after this arc, I like her.
Jun 28, 2017 9:12 PM

Feb 2015
I'm the opposite, I'm not a fan of them making Naruto out to be weak. Naruto has already beaten chakra absorbing things in the past. Making him out to be this desk jocky who can't be used in battle is really annoying.

I like almost all the children in the show a lot, especially Mitsuki, very mysterious and interesting. Boruto however I really dislike. He's just a bitchty little brat that's mad daddy doesn't have enough time to pay all the attention in the world to his family.
Jun 28, 2017 10:19 PM

Feb 2013
DWolf161 said:
It was thrill to the end! I did not expect Sumire to be the cause of those events. But in my opinion, she is not to blame for the evil she is doing.
She is causing the cause because it has been imposed on her that the important thing is revenge and to finish what the father could not do, deep down she has no notion that she is making the evil dreams (or plans or whatever you want to call her) "Foundation" reality.

I feel sorry for Sumire to have a cruel fate!
It reminds me of Naruto when he was exactly the age of Surime and Boruto, do not you think?
But also what makes me confused is what is the purpose of Mitsuki in this situation? In episode 12, Orashimaru said that Mitskuki was going to be able to do (or finish) what he could not do and my question is, WHAT ?!
Did he know about the plans of this "Foundation" and could I predict that this would happen?
I do not know but this is getting more intriguing and exciting!

Agreed. Sumire is totally indoctrinated by her father. She's doing everything for her father and a revenge that it's not for her. It'll be a talk no jutsu and in this case it's makes sense
Jun 28, 2017 10:44 PM

Sep 2014
So lets just pretend like everyone didn't just get nerfed. Shit episode.

The mystery isn't anything unique. Culprit turns out to be the least expected, who would've guessed.
Jun 28, 2017 11:49 PM

May 2015
Well aside from the slice of life of Boruto grandpa & Aunt this is my favorite episode so far it has great intensity/vibe, and I now this is Boruto story but it felt like I was watching a continuation of Naruto story but the protagonist was his son like this show is supposed to be, so far so good I hope the serious tone/atmosphere doesn’t drop in the following episode...
Jun 29, 2017 12:00 AM
Apr 2011
It's the end of the hawawawawawawawas
4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42

http://putridcheese.deviantart.com
http://www.booksie.com/tosh/
http://stoptazmo.com/
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » what do you'all genuinely think about the boruto part 1? (no bait/serious/an honest talk) ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Mar 12, 2023

62 by FruitPunchBaka »»
May 7, 3:53 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2017

327 by Domfromthenick »»
May 3, 8:09 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 29 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2017

58 by ItachiSanStatus »»
May 1, 11:43 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 168 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2020

28 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 23, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 173 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2020

26 by bottleblonde »»
Apr 18, 9:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.