Favorite Genres Are: Action, Adventure, Psychological, Thriller, Comedy, Shounen, Drama, Super Power, Romance, Fantasy, Supernatural, and Sci-Fi.
My name is Kenji (it's a Japanese name), and I am 16 years old.
I am a high-school student.
I am both an introverted person and an extroverted person, but I am a bit more introverted, or at least I think I am.
My I.Q is over 9000. (It's actually 666, which itself is an average score, so I'm sorry if you thought I was smart because I'm definitely not.... or am I?)
I tend to be more critical than the average anime fan. I rate a show based on its quality and not about how much I enjoyed watching them. I like to analyze its merits, its flaws, and to do that, I simply think about what I just saw instead of stopping from there. Doing so also makes it all the more enjoyable for me because I actually find entertainment in properly evaluating a show.
My hobbies are: Playing games, eating, watching television, playing sports, and sleeping
I like to listen to music such as rap, pop, rock, and especially r&b. Any other genre out of the ones I mentioned take longer for me to become fond of.
I only just got into anime in mid 2017; however, my very first anime was actually Dragon Ball (not Z). I watched it in 2015.
Just like many average anime fans, I'm the type of person who would much rather watch their anime subbed than dubbed. I prefer sub because it contains the Japanese voices, and most anime sound significantly better in Japanese just simply because their voices fit their faces better than their dubbed counterparts. Besides, most dubs are inaccurately translated and even sound painstakingly cringe-worthy too. In rare instances, some dubs (like Cowboy Bebop) are actually superior to the original, but I still prefer subs overall.
I have a Youtube channel, and it has a lot of videos of random types ranging between comedy, gaming, educational, and other genres. I unfortunately don't post any more videos, but this is because I eventually got bored, so I quit.
"When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. When he suffers from a disease? No. When he ate a soup made out of poisonous mushrooms? No. It's when... he is forgotten." - Dr. Hiluluk (One Piece)
"Those who break the rules are trash, but those who abandon their comrades are worse than trash! If I’m going to be called trash either way, I’d rather break the rules! And if that somehow makes me anything less than a real shinobi, then I’ll crush all of the so-called “real” shinobi!" - Obito Uchiha (Naruto)
"I hate nice girls. Just exchanging greetings with them will get them on your mind. Start texting each other, and your heart will be set a flutter. If they call you, you're done for. Enjoy staring at your logs and grinning like a fool. However, I won't get fooled again. That's what your kind calls kindness. If you're nice to me, you're nice to others. I always end up nearly forgetting that. Reality is cruel, so I'm sure lies are a form of kindness. Thus, I say kindness itself is also a lie. I always ended up with these expectations. And I always ended up with these misunderstandings. And before I knew it, I stopped hoping. A highly trained loner is once bitten, twice shy. As a veteran on this battlefield of life, I've gotten used to losing. That's why I always hate nice girls." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru)
"Omae wa mou shindeiru." - Kenshiro (Hokuto no Ken)
"Hey villain? Have you ever heard these words? Go beyond!! PLUS.... ULTRAAAAAAAAAAA!!!" - All Might (Boku no Hero Academia)
"A lesson without pain is meaningless. That's because no one can gain without sacrificing something. But by enduring that pain and overcoming it, he shall obtain a powerful, unmatched heart. A fullmetal heart." - Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)
“The true measure of a shinobi is not how he lives but how he dies. It’s not what they do in life but what they did before dying that proves their worth." - Jiraiya (Naruto)
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman. No. More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin. But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit. But he's a guy. It's already twilight and yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy." - Okabe Rintarou (Steins;Gate)
"Have you ever seen a fierce animal you were sure would never bite? 'Cause I haven't!" - Roronoa Zoro (One Piece)
"The perfect being, huh? There is no such thing as perfect in this world. That may sound cliché, but it’s the truth. The average person admires perfection and seeks to obtain it. But, what’s the point of achieving perfection? There is none. Nothing. Not a single thing. I loathe perfection! If something is perfect, then there is nothing left. There is no room for imagination. No place left for a person to gain additional knowledge or abilities. Do you know what that means? For scientists such as ourselves, perfection only brings despair. It is our job to create things more wonderful than anything before them but never to obtain perfection. A scientist must be a person who finds ecstasy while suffering from that antimony. In short, the moment that foolishness left your mouth and reached my ears, you had already lost. Of course, that’s assuming you are a scientist." - Mayuri Kurotsuchi (Bleach)
"Youth is both a lie and a form of evil. Those that glorify youth are only fooling themselves and those around them and believe that their surroundings always affirm their actions. By using the word "youth", they twist and distort common sense and anything logical. For them, lies, secrets, sins and failures do nothing but add spice to their youth." -Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru)
"The difference between the novice and the master is that the master has failed more times than the novice has tried." - Kuro-Sensei (Assassination Classroom)
"I'll take a potato chip AND EAT IT!" - Light Yagami (Death Note)
"People die if they are killed." - Shirou Emiya (Fate/Stay Night)
"100 push-ups. 100 sit-ups. 100 squats. Then 10 kilometer run, every single day!" - Saitama (One Punch Man)
"There are many types of monsters that scare me: Monsters who cause troubles without showing themselves, monsters who abduct children, monsters who devour dreams, monsters who suck blood… and then, monsters who tell nothing but lies. Lying monsters are a real nuisance: They are much more cunning than others: They pose as humans even though they have no understanding of the human heart; they eat even though they’ve never experienced hunger; they study even though they have no interest in academics; they seek friendship even though they do not know how to love. If I were to encounter such monsters, I would likely be eaten by them… because in truth, I am that monster." - L Lawliet (Death Note)
“Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself.” - Kamina (Gurren Lagann)
Nappa: "Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?"
Vegeta: "IT'S OVER 9000!!!" - (DragonBall Z)
"Sometimes you must hurt in order to know, fall in order to grow, lose in order to gain, because life’s greatest lessons are learnt through pain."
- Nagato "Pain" (Naruto)
11. Dragon Ball Z
12. Naruto (Part 1)
13. Naruto Shippuden
14. Boku no Hero Academia Series
15. Attack on Titan
16. Code Geass Season 2
17. Neon Genesis Evangelion
18. Sword Art Online
19. Kimi No Na Wa
20. Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica
21. Your Lie in April
22. One Punch Man
23. Parasyte: The Maxim
24. Haikyuu Series
One Piece Episodes 24, 42-44, 126, 129, 236, 309, 312, 377, 396, 405, 483-485, 516, 521 and so much more
One Piece - 54 Episodes
Bleach - 31 Episodes
Black Clover - 29 Episodes
Naruto - 26 Episodes
Death Note - 25 Episodes
Nanatsu no Taizai - 24 Episodes
Shokugeki no Soma - 24 Episodes
Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu - 23 Episodes
Mirai Nikki - 23 Episodes
Assassination Classroom (Season 2) - 22 Episodes
Ao No Exorcist - 21 Episodes
Beelzebub - 20 Episodes
Sword Art Online - 20 Episodes
Sword Art Online II - 20 Episodes
Yu Yu Hakusho - 20 Episodes
1st Anime Watched: Dragon Ball
25th Anime Watched: One Punch Man
50th Anime Watched: Boku no Pico (Embarrassing)
75th Anime Watched: Boku no Hero Academia
100th Anime Watched: Neon Genesis Evangelion
125th Anime Watched: Yakusoku no Neverland
- or 0. This is not a proper rating that I would apply to any anime. It just means that I probably haven't watched it enough to know how it should be rated.
1. An enormously abhorrent show that completely fails to deliver in literally any and every department. Whether its the art style, animation, story, or everything about it, even its title, it has not one redeeming quality whatsoever. It's the kind of show that would disgust even a casual anime fan or anyone who watches it in general regardless of whether or not they have good or garbage taste - in fact, since it's so bad, it's actually a masterpiece... of shit.
2. Very comparable to what I might consider a 1. It's repugnant, it has terrible qualities, everything is wrong with it, no one should watch it, etc. That's what a 1 and a 2 basically are. The biggest difference between the two scores is that while a 2 can sometimes be considered so bad that it's good, a 1 is so bad, there isn't a single thing that could redeem it, not even its badness itself.
3. Incredibly dreadful. These are works that have no substance, offer very little in enjoyment, and tend to have only one special feature going for them. Whether it was something that took itself too seriously but failed horribly, or was something so poorly executed and presented, these kinds of shows should literally be avoided by just about anyone except for the group that it most appeals to.
4. Sub-par at best. Most of the anime that I consider bad tend to have great premises but quickly show their true colors not long after it starts. They may or may not be entertaining, but regardless of whether or not they are, they are still pretty shit. These anime often rely on cheap thrills, poorly done twists, and even shocks just to keep the audience employed. The characters seen in this show are also pretty terrible and/or have no special qualities, and whatever great ideas it might've had are almost always scrapped.
5. About as good as it is bad. Some shows that I find "average" are vile but have god-like production value or are generic titles that I wouldn't really bother watching.
6. An above average show that is usually something that I genuinely liked. It's very similar to what I might rate a 7, but it's got quite a bit too many blemishes that it unfortunately just doesn't quite hit that mark. Still, I think everyone should give this one a chance.
7. This score belongs to any series that at least had the two important things that I always look for when it comes to the making of any piece of animation: good direction and competent writing. If a show manages to contain these two positive elements, then it will always be what I could consider a decent show.
8. Easily recommendable and is one of anime's 'gems'. This means that they are borderline top-tier status. With its awesome plot, interesting set of characters, etc, these types of shows will not leave you disappointed. Perhaps the only thing that is holding this back from being something great is that it just simply pales in comparison to what makes a truly great show.
9. Absolutely astonishing. These kinds of shows are the pinnacle of entertainment. They are thousands of steps ahead of other shows that came before them and many more that will eventually come after them. Whether it was its technical aspects that were handled with the uttermost care or was something that was unimaginably creative, intelligent and unprecedented, these are anime that I highly value and often reflect back on when I think of what makes a great show.
10. This anime contains all of the qualities that would make for a great show.
The only reason as to why I might consider it a masterpiece and not just simply great was because it was able to connect to me on a deep, personal level, or because of the fact that it looked too good to be anything worse. This is the rarest score I will ever give to an anime because no matter how good it is, it will always have some sort of flaw or flaws. After all, nothing is perfect.
Naruto Opening 2
Yu Yu Hakusho Opening 1
One Piece Opening 20
Boku no Hero Academia Season 3 Opening 1
Black Clover Opening 3
Bleach Opening 7
Code Geass Season 2 Opening 2
The Rising of the Shield Hero Opening 1
The Promised Neverland Opening