Favorite Genres Are: Action, Adventure, Psychological, Thriller, Comedy, Shounen, Drama, Super Power, Romance, Fantasy, Supernatural, and Sci-Fi.
My name is Kenji (it's a Japanese name), and I am 15 years old.
I am a high-school student.
I am both an introverted person and an extroverted person.
I tend to be more critical than the average anime fan. I rate the shows that I've seen based mostly on its quality and not just about how much I enjoyed them.
My hobbies are: Playing games, eating, watching television, playing sports, and sleeping
I like to listen to music such as rap, pop, rock, and especially r&b. Any other genre out of the ones I mentioned take longer for me to become fond of.
I only just got into anime in mid 2017; however, my very first anime was actually Dragon Ball (not Z). I watched it in 2015.
Just like many average anime fans, I'm the type of person who would much rather watch their anime subbed than dubbed. I prefer sub because it contains the Japanese voices, and most anime sound significantly better with their original audio. Besides, most dubs are inaccurately translated and even sound cringy too. Some dubs, however, are actually superior to the original, but I still prefer subs overall.
I am constantly changing my anime scores as I gain more insight along with my perspective.
I have a Youtube channel, and it has a lot of videos of random types ranging between comedy, gaming, educational, and other genres. I unfortunately don't post any more videos, but this is because I eventually got bored, so I quit.
"When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. When he suffers from a disease? No. When he ate a soup made out of poisonous mushrooms? No. It's when... he is forgotten." - Dr. Hiluluk (One Piece)
"Those who break the rules are trash, but those who abandon their comrades are worse than trash! If I’m going to be called trash either way, I’d rather break the rules! And if that somehow makes me anything less than a real shinobi, then I’ll crush all of the so-called “real” shinobi!" - Obito Uchiha (Naruto)
"I hate nice girls. Just exchanging greetings with them will get them on your mind. Start texting each other, and your heart will be set a flutter. If they call you, you're done for. Enjoy staring at your logs and grinning like a fool. However, I won't get fooled again. That's what your kind calls kindness. If you're nice to me, you're nice to others. I always end up nearly forgetting that. Reality is cruel, So I'm sure lies are a form of kindness. Thus, I say kindness itself is also a lie. I always ended up with these expectations. And I always ended up with these misunderstandings. And before I knew it, I stopped hoping. A highly trained loner is once bitten, twice shy. As a veteran on this battlefield of life, I've gotten used to losing. That's why I always hate nice girls." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru)
"Omae wa mou shindeiru." - Kenshiro (Hokuto no Ken)
"Hey villain? Have you ever heard these words? Go beyond!! PLUS.... ULTRAAAAAAAAAAA!!!" - All Might (Boku no Hero Academia)
"A lesson without pain is meaningless. That's because no one can gain without sacrificing something. But by enduring that pain and overcoming it, he shall obtain a powerful, unmatched heart. A fullmetal heart." - Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)
“The true measure of a shinobi is not how he lives but how he dies. It’s not what they do in life but what they did before dying that proves their worth." - Jiraiya (Naruto)
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman. No. More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin. But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit. But he's a guy. It's already twilight and yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy." - Okabe Rintarou (Steins;Gate)
"Have you ever seen a fierce animal you were sure would never bite? 'Cause I haven't!" - Roronoa Zoro (One Piece)
"The perfect being, huh? There is no such thing as perfect in this world. That may sound cliché, but it’s the truth. The average person admires perfection and seeks to obtain it. But, what’s the point of achieving perfection? There is none. Nothing. Not a single thing. I loathe perfection! If something is perfect, then there is nothing left. There is no room for imagination. No place left for a person to gain additional knowledge or abilities. Do you know what that means? For scientists such as ourselves, perfection only brings despair. It is our job to create things more wonderful than anything before them, but never to obtain perfection. A scientist must be a person who finds ecstasy while suffering from that antimony. In short, the moment that foolishness left your mouth and reached my ears, you had already lost. Of course, that’s assuming you are a scientist." - Mayuri Kurotsuchi (Bleach)
"Youth is both a lie, and a form of evil. Those that glorify youth are only fooling themselves and those around them and believe that their surroundings always affirm their actions. By using the word "youth", they twist and distort common sense and anything logical. For them, lies, secrets, sins and failures do nothing but add spice to their youth." -Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru)
"The difference between the novice and the master is that the master has failed more times than the novice has tried." - Kuro-Sensei (Assassination Classroom)
"“I’ll take a potato chip AND EAT IT!” - Light Yagami (Death Note)
"100 push-ups. 100 sit-ups. 100 squats. Then 10 kilometer run, every single day!" - Saitama (One Punch Man)
"There are many types of monsters that scare me: Monsters who cause troubles without showing themselves, monsters who abduct children, monsters who devour dreams, monsters who suck blood… and then, monsters who tell nothing but lies. Lying monsters are a real nuisance: They are much more cunning than others: They pose as humans even though they have no understanding of the human heart; they eat even though they’ve never experienced hunger; they study even though they have no interest in academics; they seek friendship even though they do not know how to love. If I were to encounter such monsters, I would likely be eaten by them… because in truth, I am that monster." - L Lawliet (Death Note)
“Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself.” - Kamina (Gurren Lagann)
Nappa: "Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?"
Vegeta: "IT'S OVER 9000!!!" - (DragonBall Z)
"Sometimes you must hurt in order to know, fall in order to grow, lose in order to gain, because life’s greatest lessons are learnt through pain."
- Nagato "Pain" (Naruto)
11. Dragon Ball Z
12. Naruto (Part 1)
13. Naruto Shippuden
14. Sword Art Online
15. Attack on Titan
16. Boku no Hero Academia Series
17. Code Geass Season 2
18. End of Evangelion
19. Kimi No Na Wa
20. Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica
21. Your Lie in April
22. One Punch Man
23. Parasyte: The Maxim
24. Haikyuu Series
One Piece Episodes 24, 42-44, 126, 129, 236, 309, 312, 377, 396, 405, 483-485, 516, 521 and so much more
Bleach - 31 Episodes
Black Clover - 29 Episodes
One Piece - 27 Episodes
Naruto - 26 Episodes
Death Note - 25 Episodes
Shokugeki no Soma - 24 Episodes
Mirai Nikki - 23 Episodes
Assassination Classroom (Season 2) - 22 Episodes
Ao No Exorcist - 21 Episodes
Beelzebub - 20 Episodes
Sword Art Online - 20 Episodes
Sword Art Online II - 20 Episodes
Yu Yu Hakusho - 20 Episodes
1st Anime Watched: Dragon Ball
25th Anime Watched: One Punch Man
50th Anime Watched: Boku no Pico (Embarassing)
75th Anime Watched: Boku no Hero Academia
100th Anime Watched: Neon Genesis Evangelion
- or 0. This is not a proper rating that I would apply to any anime. It just means that I probably haven't watched it enough to know how it should be rated.
1. These types of shows are easily among the worst in existence. They even make 'awful' anime look far more bearable in comparison because they are just that bad. There's simply no way that these shows should ever be seen because it is guaranteed that once someone watches it, that person will probably be traumatized.
2. This is horrendously terrible and severely flawed. This show completely fails to deliver whatsoever and should definitely be avoided like the plague. My only reason for not rating them a 1 is because they weren't the absolute worst but then again, they're still pretty dreadful in their own right.
3. Deplorable. These are works that have no substance, offer very little in enjoyment, and tend to have only one special feature going for them. Shows that I rate with a 3 are very poorly written and poorly presented which is why I like to call them train-wrecks.
4. Sub-par at best. Most of the anime that I consider bad tend to have great premises but quickly show their true colors not long after. They may or may not be entertaining, but regardless of whether or not they are, they are still pretty shit. These anime often rely on cheap thrills, poorly done twists, and even shocks just to keep the audience employed. The characters seen in this show are also pretty terrible and/or have no special qualities, and whatever great ideas it might've had are almost always scrapped.
5. About as good as it is bad. Some shows that I find "average" are vile but have god-like production value or are generic titles that I wouldn't really bother watching.
6. Somewhat decent but also flawed, even if I liked it. These shows tend to either be decently written but bored the living hell out of me or were engaging but didn't have much substance. I definitely find these shows to be recommendable at the very least, but I doubt that everyone would like them.
7. A good show, in my opinion, is both enjoyable and also competently written. No good anime, however, is perfect as they'll always have their faults but because they were able to do things right, they were definitely not bad. Some anime that I consider "good" are sometimes heavily flawed, but because I was so intrigued with its story, I just couldn't help but refrain from giving it a lower score.
8. Easily recommendable and is one of anime's 'gems'. This means that they are borderline top-tier status. With its awesome plot, interesting set of characters, etc, these types of shows will not leave you disappointed. Perhaps the only thing that is holding this back from being great are its flaws (they're usually pretty minor).
9. Easily one of the best shows of its respective genre. This anime really pushed the envelope and is among the best the medium has to offer. This was superbly written, extremely enjoyable, and had managed to completely surpass my expectations (that is, if I had expectations prior to watching it).
10. This anime contains all of the qualities that would make for a great show.
The only reason as to why I might consider it a masterpiece and not just great was because it was able to connect to me on a deep, personal level, or simply because of the fact that it looked too good to be anything worse. This is the rarest score I will ever give to an anime because no matter how good it is, it will always have some sort of flaw or flaws. After all, nothing is ever truly perfect.
All-Time Favorite Openings (Greatest to Least):
Steins;Gate Opening 1
Naruto Shippuden Opening 16
Naruto Shippuden Opening 6
Shingeki no Kyojin Opening 1
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Opening 1
Tokyo Ghoul Opening
Sword Art Online Opening
One Piece Opening 14
Durarara Opening 1
One Piece Opening 1
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Opening 1
Noragami Aragoto Opening
Neon Genesis Evangelion Opening
Your Lie in April Opening
One Piece Opening 10
Naruto Shippuden Opening 3
Angel Beats Opening
Naruto Opening 5
Naruto Opening 2
Code Geass Opening 1
Yu Yu Hakusho Opening 1
One Piece Opening 20
Bleach Opening 7
Code Geass Season 2 Opening 2
Favorite Endings (Greatest to Least):
One Piece Ending 1
Samurai Champloo Ending
One Piece Ending 15
Hunter x Hunter Ending 2
Yu Yu Hakusho Ending 2
Cowboy Bebop Ending
Ao No Exorcist Ending 1
One Punch Man Ending
Shokugeki no Soma Ending 1