Favorite Genres Are: Action, Adventure, Psychological, Thriller, Comedy, Shounen, Drama, Super Power, Romance, Fantasy, Supernatural, and Sci-Fi.
My name is Kenji (which just so happens to be Japanese), and I am 17 years old.
I was a high school student.
My pronouns are he/him/it/she/her/they/whateverispossibletoputonhere.
My I.Q is over 9000. I am very geniuz.
You will never see me rate anime/manga based on how much I enjoyed them. I tend to judge/rate from an objective standpoint. That's why my favorites tend to be dissociated from each other in terms of how I rate them.
My hobbies are: Playing video games, eating, watching movies/anime/shows and playing basketball (formerly)
I'm quite flexible when it comes to music genres. It doesn't really matter what it is, as long as it's not these specific ones: Country, Classical, Blues, Mumble Rap, Heavy Metal (The heaviest of the metal). Other than that, I could honestly listen to pretty much any genres. My favorites are Rap, Pop, Rock (especially classic rock) and R&B.
I only just got into anime in mid 2017; however, my very first anime was actually Dragon Ball (not Z). I watched it in 2015.
Subs>Dubs in general unless the dubbed version of a particular anime is famous for being better than its original Japanese counterpart.
I have a Youtube channel, but I don't upload too frequently on it anymore. I used to make some pretty "funny" Hitler parody videos (from the movie Downfall) and some gaming videos in the past. Feel free to check it out, but just know that there will no longer be new videos being updated on a daily basis.
"When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. When he suffers from a disease? No. When he ate a soup made out of poisonous mushrooms? No. It's when... he is forgotten." - Dr. Hiluluk (One Piece)
"Those who break the rules are trash, but those who abandon their comrades are worse than trash! If I’m going to be called trash either way, I’d rather break the rules! And if that somehow makes me anything less than a real shinobi, then I’ll crush all of the so-called “real” shinobi!" - Obito Uchiha (Naruto)
"ZA WARUDO!!!" - Dio Brando (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure)
"I hate nice girls. Just exchanging greetings with them will get them on your mind. Start texting each other, and your heart will be set a flutter. If they call you, you're done for. Enjoy staring at your logs and grinning like a fool. However, I won't get fooled again. That's what your kind calls kindness. If you're nice to me, you're nice to others. I always end up nearly forgetting that. Reality is cruel, so I'm sure lies are a form of kindness. Thus, I say kindness itself is also a lie. I always ended up with these expectations. And I always ended up with these misunderstandings. And before I knew it, I stopped hoping. A highly trained loner is once bitten, twice shy. As a veteran on this battlefield of life, I've gotten used to losing. That's why I always hate nice girls." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru)
"Omae wa mou shindeiru." - Kenshiro (Hokuto no Ken)
"Hey villain? Have you ever heard these words? Go beyond!! PLUS.... ULTRAAAAAAAAAAA!!!" - All Might (Boku no Hero Academia)
"It is my perception that a true friend never relies on another's dream. A person with the potential to be my true friend must be able to find his reason for life without my help. And he would have to put his heart and soul into protecting his dream. He would never hesitate to fight for his dream, even against me. For me, a true friend is someone who stands equal on those terms." - Griffith (Berserk)
"A lesson without pain is meaningless. That's because no one can gain without sacrificing something. But by enduring that pain and overcoming it, he shall obtain a powerful, unmatched heart. A fullmetal heart." - Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)
“The true measure of a shinobi is not how he lives but how he dies. It’s not what they do in life but what they did before dying that proves their worth." - Jiraiya (Naruto)
"MUDA! MUDA! MUDA! MUDA! MUDA! MUDA! MUDA! MUDA! MUDA! MUDA! MUDA! MUDA! MUDA!!!" - Dio Brando and Giorno Giovanna (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure)
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman. No. More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin. But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit. But he's a guy. It's already twilight and yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy." - Okabe Rintarou (Steins;Gate)
"Have you ever seen a fierce animal you were sure would never bite? 'Cause I haven't!" - Roronoa Zoro (One Piece)
"You thought your first kiss would be Jojo! But it was I, Dio!" - Dio Brando (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure)
"WRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYY!!!!" - Dio Brando (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure)
"RODA ROLLA DAAAAAAA!!!!" - Dio Brando (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure)
"Being weak is nothing to be ashamed of. Staying weak, however, is!" - Fuegoleon Vermillion (Black Clover)
"The perfect being, huh? There is no such thing as perfect in this world. That may sound cliché, but it’s the truth. The average person admires perfection and seeks to obtain it. But, what’s the point of achieving perfection? There is none. Nothing. Not a single thing. I loathe perfection! If something is perfect, then there is nothing left. There is no room for imagination. No place left for a person to gain additional knowledge or abilities. Do you know what that means? For scientists such as ourselves, perfection only brings despair. It is our job to create things more wonderful than anything before them but never to obtain perfection. A scientist must be a person who finds ecstasy while suffering from that antimony. In short, the moment that foolishness left your mouth and reached my ears, you had already lost. Of course, that’s assuming you are a scientist." - Mayuri Kurotsuchi (Bleach)
"Youth is both a lie and a form of evil. Those that glorify youth are only fooling themselves and those around them and believe that their surroundings always affirm their actions. By using the word "youth", they twist and distort common sense and anything logical. For them, lies, secrets, sins and failures do nothing but add spice to their youth." -Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru)
"The difference between the novice and the master is that the master has failed more times than the novice has tried." - Kuro-Sensei (Assassination Classroom)
"I'll take a potato chip AND EAT IT!" - Light Yagami (Death Note)
"People die if they are killed." - Shirou Emiya (Fate/Stay Night)
"100 push-ups. 100 sit-ups. 100 squats. Then 10 kilometer run, every single day!" - Saitama (One Punch Man)
"I... don't want to die. And... I want power too. But... Oh. I think... I just got it... why he did that. Every last person I've seen... was the same way. Whether it was booze... women... or even God... family... the King... dreams... children... power. They couldn't keep going... unless they were drunk on something. They were all... slaves to something. Even him." - Kenny Ackerman (Shingeki no Kyojin)
"There are many types of monsters that scare me: Monsters who cause troubles without showing themselves, monsters who abduct children, monsters who devour dreams, monsters who suck blood… and then, monsters who tell nothing but lies. Lying monsters are a real nuisance: They are much more cunning than others: They pose as humans even though they have no understanding of the human heart; they eat even though they’ve never experienced hunger; they study even though they have no interest in academics; they seek friendship even though they do not know how to love. If I were to encounter such monsters, I would likely be eaten by them… because in truth, I am that monster." - L Lawliet (Death Note)
“Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself.” - Kamina (Gurren Lagann)
Nappa: "Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?"
Vegeta: "IT'S OVER 9000!!!" - (DragonBall Z)
11. Naruto: Shippuden
12. Black Clover
13. Kimetsu no Yaiba
14. Attack on Titan Series
15. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
16. Code Geass Series
17. Boku no Hero Academia Series
19. Neon Genesis Evangelion
20. Sword Art Online
21. Kimi No Na Wa
22. One Punch Man
23. Haikyuu Series
24. Spirited Away
25. Perfect Blue
One Piece Episodes 24, 42-44, 126, 129, 236, 309, 312, 377, 396, 405, 483-485, 516, 521 and so much more
One Piece - 66 Episodes
Bleach - 35 Episodes
Black Clover - 34 Episodes
Kimetsu no Yaiba - 26 Episodes
Naruto - 26 Episodes
Death Note - 25 Episodes
Assassination Classroom (Season 2) - 25 Episodes
Nanatsu no Taizai - 24 Episodes
Shokugeki no Soma - 24 Episodes
Ao No Exorcist - 24 Episodes
Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu - 24 Episodes
Mirai Nikki - 23 Episodes
Beelzebub - 20 Episodes
Sword Art Online - 20 Episodes
Sword Art Online II - 20 Episodes
Yu Yu Hakusho - 20 Episodes
1st Anime Watched: Dragon Ball
25th Anime Watched: One Punch Man
50th Anime Watched: Boku no Pico (embarrassing, I know)
75th Anime Watched: Boku no Hero Academia
100th Anime Watched: Neon Genesis Evangelion
125th Anime Watched: Yakusoku no Neverland
- or 0. This is not a proper rating that I would apply to any anime. It just means that I probably haven't watched it enough to know how it should be rated.
1. An enormously abhorrent show that completely fails to deliver in literally any and every department. Whether its the art style, animation, story, or everything about it, even its title, it has not one redeeming quality whatsoever. It's the kind of show that would disgust even a casual anime fan or anyone who watches it in general regardless of whether or not they have good or garbage taste - in fact, since it's so bad, it's actually a master piece... of shit.
2. Very comparable to what I might consider a 1. It's repugnant, it has terrible qualities, no one should watch it, etc. That's what they basically represent. The biggest difference between the two scores is that while a 1 has no redeeming qualities, a 2 however, has at least one merit that just barely ascends it above the worst possible thing known to mankind. It could be a show that is so hilariously bad that it's actually good or it could also be something that might've had a tiny bit of potential from the start but obviously couldn't deliver that potential (1's don't have potential; they're bad all throughout).
3. A show that belongs to the dumpster. I consider these shows very bad because they did almost everything wrong. From having a shitty script that looked like it was written by an 8th grader who didn't even go over it once to having cookie cutter characters who you've seen thousands of times in other shows, to abusing literary devices that make it highly contrived to being so poorly presented and so poorly executed that you couldn't help but feel like you could've done it better, they're the kinds of shows that absolutely succeeded in doing only one thing: failing.
4. Sub-par at best. Most of the anime that I consider bad tend to have great premises but quickly show their true colors not long after it starts. They may or may not be entertaining, but regardless of whether or not they are, they are still pretty shit. These anime often rely on cheap thrills, poorly done twists, and even shocks just to keep the audience employed. The characters seen in this show are also pretty terrible and/or have no special qualities, and whatever great ideas it might've had are almost always scrapped. They sometimes make for great time-passers.
5. These are the kind of anime that are a little harder to rate. They are usually rated as such because while it did likely have a few/many notable merits (characters, writing, etc), it had a very glaring flaw or flaws that prevented it from rising above the norm (plot holes, execution/direction/pacing problems, etc). Often times though, that isn't the case, and it could just be your normal, run-of-the-mill, nothing really special kind of show. Because of that, it's hard to call them terrible, but it's equally as difficult to call them anything 'decent'. Most of the time though, these shows are actually a fun watch. Sometimes, they're just flat-out boring.
6. An above average show that is generally something that I genuinely liked. It's pretty similar to what I might rate a 7, but it's got quite a bit too many flaws that it unfortunately just doesn't hit that mark. Still, I think everyone should give this one a chance.
7. This score belongs to any series that at least had the two important things that I always look for when it comes to the making of any piece of animation: good direction and competent writing. If a show manages to contain these two positive elements, then it will always be what I could consider a decent show.
8. An 8 is basically what a 7 is but on steroids. Its writing is not only competent but also something to admire. You can really tell that there was a great amount of effort and care that was put into its creation. These kinds of shows are up there as one of the powerhouses of its genre. The only reason as to why it wasn't anything higher was due it not having the exact qualities a great anime should have or maybe because it had a few errors worth noting.
9. Absolutely astonishing. These anime are the pinnacle of entertainment. They are thousands of steps ahead of other shows that came before them and many more that will eventually come after them. Whether it was its technical aspects that were handled with the uttermost care or was something that was unimaginably creative, intelligent and unprecedented, these are anime that I highly value and often reflect back on when I think of what makes a great show.
10. This anime contains all of the qualities that would make for a great show.
The only reason as to why I might consider it a perfect 10 and not a 9 was because it was able to connect to me on a deep, personal level, or because of the simple fact that it looked too good to be anything worse. This is the rarest score I will ever give to an anime because no matter how good it is, it will always have some sort of flaw or flaws. After all, nothing is perfect.
Naruto Opening 4
The Rising of the Shield Hero Opening 1
Ao no Exorcist Opening 1
Dragon Ball Z Opening 1
Boku no Hero Season 1 Opening 1
Fairy Tail Opening 1
Code Geass Season 2 Opening 1
Hunter x Hunter Opening 6
Naruto Opening 9
Shokugeki no Soma Opening 1
Pokémon Theme Song
Number One (Ichigo's Theme)
L's Theme B
You See Big Girl
Il vento d'oro (Giorno's Theme)
Perfect Cell Theme
You Say Run
Naruto Main Theme
Dance of Curse