Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 26, 2017 2:25 PM

Oct 2015
Andzl said:
I have to be honest with you
You all could see how much I love this anime, but this ending episode was meh
Like, the rocket scene should have been intense, but it wasn't because the music didn't draw that emotion out of me. Whole this Diana & Akko scene, it wasn't intense at all. Just cute. And for the great finale it should have been AMAZING, not CUTE.
I loved the ending when Akko finally learned how to fly, but that felt rushed as well.. I needed 15 more seconds at least, of their happiness and interacting with each other, so I actually feel their happiness.
The rocket scene was so damn bad I can't even begin to explain. AMAZING animation WASTED because of someone's bad directing. I don't know, I just felt very bored trough whole episode. :( And I'm sad that the finale ended that way. It's still my favorite anime of all time, but I'm disappointed with this ending

I don't know who directed this episode, but please, don't let that person direct finale ever again.
I don't know how a person like you didn't like the ending. Until the 15 minute mark I thought it was good, but nothing special indeed. But when Trigger went all out with the animation, the OST and that Diana + Akko moment, I was covered in tears and goosebumps.
Jun 26, 2017 3:29 PM
Jul 2016
I ALREADY wanted a sequel on episode 24. NOW I REALLY NEED IT.
Jun 26, 2017 3:31 PM

Dec 2015
I cried. Thank you trigger. Thank you Akko
Jun 26, 2017 4:39 PM

Nov 2013

i actually think it was great, i even had to re-watched the full episode and i do that like 3 or 4 times per year at most =D
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jun 26, 2017 4:44 PM

Jun 2008
It was alright I guess...

But I have such high expectations from Trigger that I guess I expected something far greater and bigger!

I thought the reveal that Chariot had stolen Akko's magic was a great twist and I just figured the final 3 episodes were gonna be more epic with Croix as the central villain.

I ultimately think THAT was the biggest flaw....

Still, it was fun I guess...7/10
Jun 26, 2017 4:51 PM

Aug 2016
Cried for like half the episode (maybe i cry too easily). Anyways, im really gonna miss this series, hopefully there will more.

Not much else to say besides Little Witch Academia is awesome <3

9/10
Jun 26, 2017 4:55 PM

Jan 2014
This proved to be a pretty mediocre show. They could have done soooo much with the plot, but it is what it is.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Jun 26, 2017 5:35 PM

Jan 2013
How do you even start liking anime so much? How can you fall in love with something so simple? They are supposed to be just animations but yet they never disappoint me, they deliver something that i've never got from anything, that's why it's impossible for me to stop watching anime. They amount of joy i get from this is countless.

How can you enjoy so much an anime about witches learning magic in school? Like wtf? How? xD How an anime that i never expected anything from it became one of my favorites? I don't know, thank you studio Trigger for this great artwork!

Now going to the episode xD

Those outfits, they looked so great on them.
They did a great job! The new nine witches ;)

Andrew's father and his friend are so stupid, especially his friend. Glad that at least his father opened his eyes.

Akko did what she wanted to do, make everyone smile!
And let's not forget about that epic ending where Akko and Diana were on the broom, amazing moment :3 Never thought that i would like Diana so much xD

After 25 episode she finally did it hahaha

She saved Earth from a giant magical shark nuke and yet she still can't fly ahaha 10/10, just Akko things xD

I will never forget these 6 months, it was an amazing run! I will miss this so much.

So what now? Can we expect a 2nd season? Or this is the end? If yes then ok, i prefer an ending like this than bs ending and 3 seasons.
I saw that the manga is still ongoing? Guess i will take a look ;)

I can't even find the right words to describe how much i love this and enjoyed this!

Thank you so much studio Trigger.
I will miss them all so much. <3

<3
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 26, 2017 6:27 PM

Mar 2014
ANIME STATUS: SAVED
THANKS, TRIGGER!
Jun 26, 2017 6:59 PM

Jan 2011
they really did end it in the flashest Trigger way possible was to distracted thinking about how well the animation was and how hard it must of been to animate lol plus the dual final moments with Akko and Diana so good waited so long for that.

cliche as it may be it was highly enjoyable with all the feels good ,they could of went with a more darker ending but it wouldn't of fit with the overall tone that little witch has so i wouldn't of had it any other way.

some of the earlier episodes kinda dragged on and didn't add much till we got the 2nd cour were the plot finally kicked but i had a fun time watching this so 7.8/10 !
Jun 26, 2017 7:19 PM
Nov 2016
Akko finally succeeded that was great. Here's hoping the Blu-ray is bundled with some good OVA material. I would like to see more, well worth the time of viewing when the Blu-ray comes out I will be glad to watch again.
Jun 26, 2017 7:42 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
We've finally come full circle, we started with a believing heart is your magic, and ended with it. Nice.

Final battle was pretty cool, but I don't like how the legendary broom came out of nowhere. Kind of an asspull. Great animation though.

Everything seemed to wrap up nicely in the end. Magic has been restored in the world and Akko can fly.

Welp, I'd say this was a good show, but not great. Honestly I find myself continuously going back to the world "underwhelmed". I feel like this show had great potential, but I can't help feel that it was wasted in some parts. Too much focus on Akko, for one. I think they expanded the world fairly well. I would've liked to see them in more classes though, sort of like in the OVAs.

In the end, Little Witch Academia is still a franchise I really love for its whimsical fun and charming characters and world. But I can only give it a 7/10 for now. I'll most certainly re-watch it to see if my opinion changes at all. But for my re-watch, it'll probably be with the dub instead.

While it feels like the series could very well be over for good, I sincerely hope we see something more in the future.
Jun 26, 2017 8:30 PM

Apr 2017
I love the ending. Funny how Akko learns to fly while her teacher can't, just like what Croix said.
The way the final fight happened, I feel like the more casual episodes weren't pointless or irrelevant anymore despite how they appeared before.
There's no inherent right or wrong in this universe, but when we think with emotions rather than logic, we make things so.
Jun 26, 2017 8:37 PM

Mar 2014
this anime needs a yuri tag
Jun 26, 2017 8:42 PM

Apr 2017
ButtSlapper said:
Think Akko's just friends with Diana. I mean, I suppose you can argue that Akko and Diana are like Tyson and Kai from Beyblade or Yugi and Kaiba from Yu-Gi-Oh or Ash and Gary from Pokemon. Or some other shounen show MC with a standoff-ish/stoic/highly talented/can-back-up-their-arrogance rival.
There's no inherent right or wrong in this universe, but when we think with emotions rather than logic, we make things so.
Jun 26, 2017 8:45 PM

Jun 2017
I must confess was expecting something better than a Peter Pan / Tinker Bell act. Maybe it's because I was behind the door when believing hearts were handed out.

Jun 26, 2017 9:38 PM

Sep 2015
What truly enjoyable ride this has been. There wasn't a single moment that felt dull and the series definitely took what the OVA had given us and went beyond my expectations.

Is it too greedy of me to ask for another season when we got 25 episodes right off the bat?

9/10
Jun 26, 2017 10:04 PM

Nov 2008
I will miss this series I loved the movies and I loved the TV anime ... just simply a great watch all around. Congratulations on finally taking flight Akko~ 9/10
Jun 26, 2017 10:35 PM
May 2015
Triggers best anime wow what a ride. Glad they hinted pretty strongly at a s2. Hope this sells fantastically in Japan.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 26, 2017 10:35 PM

Apr 2014
ugh that sad empty feeling when a show ends :<

Jun 26, 2017 10:53 PM

Apr 2013
Beautiful ending. Unlikely but I want to see a sequel.

Jun 26, 2017 11:09 PM

May 2016
The ending was a little cheesy but for some reason, I feel it really fits with this series.
It was filled with a bunch of great moments; the shuttle take off, the final boss being a living missile, the broom making its long-awaited comeback, the cute smile explosion, red-haired Ursula, Hannah and Barbara finally being a part of Akko's friend group.
I also really like how Akko finally flew, it feels so much better that she anticlimactically hovers instead of a big take off.

My only issue is,
WHERE IS THE INFERNO COP S2 TEASE?
TakenMalUsernameJun 26, 2017 11:17 PM
Jun 26, 2017 11:47 PM

Mar 2013
Thought it was a shame they didn't really build on the whole "Nine New Witches" thing.
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Jun 27, 2017 1:57 AM

Nov 2011
ButtSlapper said:

Well the show had those moments

Jun 27, 2017 2:48 AM

Aug 2014
ideallyqualia said:
I loved the finale but also...I don't understand how or why the legendary broom suddenly appeared. (I never understood what happened to the moon either, so I guess me not understanding this show is just a thing that happens, but still, I wish I knew what actually happened.)

Since episode 3, when it was set free, the broom just kept flying over and over around the world. If you go back and watch carefully, a lot of episodes had internet news/journals front pages reporting that the broom was seen in some part of the world, and from what we know from its story in episode 3, it just never stopped.
It's also kinda "alive" (it has a will on its own), so it makes sense that it was flying in the stratosphere and noticed the space battle that was going on (also almost everyone in the community was expecting that for the finale)

About the Moon... Chariot shoot a giant magic arrow to it.
That X on the surface is a giant crater, and it was the breaking point for Chariot.
It was shown in episode 23.

I hope this somehow helps clarifying things for you.
Jun 27, 2017 3:17 AM
Sep 2012
I don't think Akko and Diana's relationship would ever get this far in the short film verse. The best you could ever hope for is begrudging respect. And that is because of both of them, that version of Diana is too much of a Tsukane to ever let her guard, we saw when she cheered everyone in Enchanted Parade for a second before she stopped. While that version of Akko she was too obsessed with beating Diana, or at the very least proven her wrong. Anime Akko also tried to beat Diana but they only when there is a competition, like the Luna Nova Cup or the Moonlight Witch title. When there was no competition she was just trying to pass her classes, while film Akko after meeting Shining Chariot, her goal was beat Diana, in the first film finding rare treasure was not a competition, but she made it a competition. God know what film Akko would have done in episode 12, I don't think she would have respect Diana's agency like anime Akko did.
Jun 27, 2017 4:01 AM

Feb 2014
awww it was such a good anime and i love akko sm :') cant wait to get her figure !!
Jun 27, 2017 4:26 AM

May 2010
That was wow. Really epic. I raised the score by 1.5 just because of how epic it was. Like it was one amazing thing after another. Those pats. Andrew believing in Akko and the crew. Akko/Diana pair-up. Chariot/Croix pair-up. Shiny Rod. Really satisfied.

And Akko flew. I got no regrets. Thank you, trigger.

8.5/10
Jun 27, 2017 4:27 AM
Jul 2018
I personally loved the final episode and even got a bit emotional. I didn't know what to expect from the finale, but I am satisfied. It was beautiful, epic (my, what a battle!) and I got to see all my favorite characters together at the end, plus Akko's progress makes me hope for a new season.
Either way, I'm happy to have discovered Little Witch Academia a few years ago, although I do wish they paid more attention to the Nine Witches. However, I am glad that they decided to give Croix a chance to redeem herself, it made her more interesting in my opinion.
Jun 27, 2017 4:37 AM
Sep 2016
Going to miss Little Witch Academia. For me, it was something really unique and "different." I haven't had an anime or something that really was just something so lighthearted and reminded me of cartoon network. Although the anime in the beginning seemed to be like a slice of life in a Hogwarts themed place where it's plotless, it still managed to make a really nice story from the start of the show. Kind of sad how literally 6 months went so fast, having to wait a week everytime. However, I can't say that the waiting for the episodes wasn't a waste of time. The characters were really fun and had their own special personality. Wish there was more Sucy and Lotte, but I'm satisfied with the Sucy dream and the book author that Akko had an adventure with them. I'm also surprised at how the story had some interesting twists, such as how magic doesn't need to be forcibly removed and it can be from believing. "A believing heart is your magic."
Jun 27, 2017 5:59 AM

Sep 2007
"Legendary Broom" was such an obvious Chekhov's gun that I'd be disappointed if it didn't show up in the finale. And I wasn't! Overall, this series uses most if not all the tropes of the genre, but still doen't end up with a "by the numbers" feeling. It's a familiar story with a familiar plot and familiar characters done incredibly well. 9/10
Jun 27, 2017 6:04 AM

Sep 2012
That final attack reminded me of TTGL so much, lol.
Jun 27, 2017 6:31 AM

Jul 2016
Dang! TTGL vibe, like how Akko and the others reach the rocket by using the same method as the TTGL last episode. And they also used the believing fuel to power up. I really enjoyed this finale.
Jun 27, 2017 7:52 AM

Dec 2012
LWA is one of the few anime that can actually make me "feel", enough to even bother writing this forum post after months of just lurking. I do feel somewhat empty inside to know that this is over. I really enjoyed getting to watch this ever week for the past 6 months. It has been a good ride however.
People may argue Akko is "dumb" and "annoying", but it was nice to see an optimistic MC who realized her shortcomings and didn't let it stop her from believing in her dreams. I do appreciate the positivity and reinforcement.
allo
Jun 27, 2017 8:05 AM

May 2016
i was kinda dissapointed with the last week eps so im trying not to expecting much but, this finale totally blew me away.. the one that got me excited the most was when the winged-broom showed up, oh also that totally-not-gay shiny arc scene lol

there is some up and down but overall im satisfied 9+1/10
+1 is for constanze
Jun 27, 2017 9:13 AM

Oct 2011
amazing finale
😭 💔
Akko can fly
Jun 27, 2017 10:09 AM
Jan 2010
it was ok at best..
Jun 27, 2017 11:03 AM
Oct 2007
Sasuga TRIGGER/10!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 27, 2017 12:55 PM

Sep 2012
I liked that bit at the end seeing Lotte and Barbara read Nightfall together.
Jun 27, 2017 1:03 PM

Jun 2015
This was amazing. It's a good change after watching elaborate plots with a lot of knots and at a nick of time solution. Let's keep it simple.

Akko managed to fly.

I'm waiting for season two, waiting, waiting, waiting...
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jun 27, 2017 1:26 PM

Feb 2011
While I had mixed feelings about how the series' production turned out overall - I'm still a sucker for Trigger's space-orientated ending episodes.
Jun 27, 2017 2:23 PM

Jul 2015
AHAHAHAHA WHAT AN ENDING RIGHT. Who would have thought that all you had to do was believe in something to succeed in saving the world. Super cliche solution aside, everything about this finale was absolutely fantastic. A great conclusion to a... pretty good anime. Honestly, I didn't enjoy this as much as I hoped I would, especially for the first half. The movies just felt better compared to the actual anime series, but again, it was pretty good.

Also I ship Andrew and Akko hard. 7/10.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jun 27, 2017 3:36 PM

Mar 2012
Incredible 10/10

Enjoyable throughout with a great cast of characters. Akko was a great protagonist. Lotta love put into this and you could feel it.
Jun 27, 2017 4:02 PM

Jan 2014
I expected more out of this anime.... was pretty average to me.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Jun 27, 2017 4:04 PM

Jul 2011
This anime is a good example how to take promising ideas (and characters) and implement in such a horrible way that the final result will be acceptable for kids under 10 imho.

4/10 :/

P.S. I was so happy that in addition of everything, there wasn't any harem in the show :D

nick_el_sonJun 27, 2017 4:08 PM
Jun 27, 2017 5:26 PM

Apr 2015
LeloThePGG said:
ideallyqualia said:
I loved the finale but also...I don't understand how or why the legendary broom suddenly appeared. (I never understood what happened to the moon either, so I guess me not understanding this show is just a thing that happens, but still, I wish I knew what actually happened.)

Since episode 3, when it was set free, the broom just kept flying over and over around the world. If you go back and watch carefully, a lot of episodes had internet news/journals front pages reporting that the broom was seen in some part of the world, and from what we know from its story in episode 3, it just never stopped.
It's also kinda "alive" (it has a will on its own), so it makes sense that it was flying in the stratosphere and noticed the space battle that was going on (also almost everyone in the community was expecting that for the finale)

About the Moon... Chariot shoot a giant magic arrow to it.
That X on the surface is a giant crater, and it was the breaking point for Chariot.
It was shown in episode 23.

I hope this somehow helps clarifying things for you.

Thanks for trying, but that was about as much as I already knew. This explains what happened but not why. It seems like plot convenience that the broom showed up to help. (Thanks for pointing out that the broom made cameos in other episodes, I didn't know that.)

Anyway what I'm genuinely still confused about is the moon. Croix had acted like Chariot had committed something terrible when she shot the moon; am I missing something here? Did that cast a terrible spell on Earth? If all she did was make a mark on the moon, I don't understand why they made a big deal about it.
Jun 27, 2017 6:52 PM

May 2011
Ending was so persona i got hyped as fuck
Jun 27, 2017 7:33 PM

Nov 2011
Awn, it was so cute and cheesy, I just had this big grin in my face the entire episode.
For a moment I though Croix was going to ̶A̶z̶k̶a̶b̶a̶n̶ prison, cause you know, she kinda made a big mess...
All in all, this anime was exactly what I expected, and I'm very satisfied with it.
And I would happily welcome a second season even though I'm not sure there's a story for it.
Baby, daijobanai...
Jun 28, 2017 2:02 AM

Aug 2015
Easily one of the best animes in the last 2 years.
10/10
Can't wait for the dub for the show
Jun 28, 2017 11:55 AM

Oct 2013
Easy 8/10, not quite up there with Imaishi's best but still it's my AOTY so far.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2017

152 by LFC123 »»
Mar 21, 1:12 AM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2017

116 by Sr_Caneca »»
Mar 7, 3:57 PM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2017

159 by Sr_Caneca »»
Mar 7, 3:42 PM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2017

186 by trueauracoral »»
Feb 18, 7:57 PM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2017

125 by ViSpace »»
Feb 5, 6:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.