Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 9 Discussion

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? On the Side: Sword Oratoria (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
5Loved it!
43.8%
4Liked it!
25.3%
3It was OK
18.5%
2Disliked it
5.1%
1Hated it
7.3%
Average 3.9
178 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 9, 2017 8:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, this episode had more interactions between Bell and Ais. I noticed some of the scenes are very similar to the original DanMachi although it's focused more from Ais' point of view.

One interesting note is Bell meeting Lefiya. As usual, I think Bell is a complete moron for running away Pretty sure this episode had at least 3 delusions by Lefiya about her precious Ais.

Surprisingly, I kinda like the training part between Bell and Ais. At he has more potential than Lefiya because her training looked like a joke.
Jun 9, 2017 9:48 AM

Apr 2010
I was enjoying this episode a lot till almost that last moment when everything was ruined, why did that annoying oppai goddess had to appear?
Anyway it was such an enjoyable episode till that moment that behaviour of Refia and her expressions where great, i could watch her all day long.
And this episode was almost perfect but Hestia had to appear a great shame really.

And looking forward to more Refia.
Jun 9, 2017 10:10 AM
May 2010
Lefiya was twice as annoying this ep... I used to be able to stand her but i'm at my limit otherwise decent episode.
Lefiya being in Ais fangirl mode is enough... jealous to that extend is just annoying esp when they have the wrong idea.
ArtemisMeikoJun 9, 2017 10:18 AM
Jun 9, 2017 7:31 PM
Aug 2014
Waching Lefiya suffer was great! 5/5

I don't mind Hestia, I like her just as much as Ais.
Jun 9, 2017 9:10 PM

Jun 2015
Got to see more of Bell and Hestia. I don't really care to be honest. He's been training with Ais. Lefiya has gotten very annoying. Her jealousy is so stupid. Seeing her suffer was great.
Jun 9, 2017 10:27 PM

Dec 2014
Nice episode.

Lefiya went full jealousy mode, gotta say I found it funny especially with the way she keeps bad mouthing Bell-kun. xD
That face she had after seeing Ais and Bell together for the first time was gold.

I loved the Filvis and Lefiya's interactions the most, Filvis is super cute when she blushes. It's probably better that Lefiya trains under her since she can actually teach her something related to her role.

Hestia doesn't wanna give Bell-kun to Ais. :3
Jun 9, 2017 11:15 PM

May 2015
Who can forget Bell-kun & Ais fist talk inside the guild reception site and that face to Ais badonkadonk XD

On a more serious note did Ais parents die in that skirmish or are they trapped in a magic spell I hope is the later...
Jun 9, 2017 11:57 PM

Apr 2014
I now understand why people hate Lefiya now. I can already get the gist of it. I knew her gag was annoying. But this episode right, just showed how much more annoying the levels can be. XD and XP
Jun 10, 2017 12:22 AM
Mar 2015
Im the only one who think Lefiya is funny here. Not annoying at all XD
Jun 10, 2017 1:06 AM

Jun 2010
This episode seems like the best episode of the season so far. Leifya wasn't as annoying, we got to see Bell, Aiz and Hestia. We got to see Loki and Fin preparing for the expedition. Lot of good stuff, and Filvis taught Leifya her shield spell.
Jun 10, 2017 1:08 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I cannot stand Lefiya, but seeing her get NTR'ed was mildly amusing. I just hope her obsession with Ais wanes and she becomes more of a background character in the last episodes. Her voice is grating.

I really prefer Ais's quite, stoic character and friendship/mutual admiration with Bell to Hestia's annoying oppai loli goddess act. I'm well aware that the later is where it's at and its where the otaku's tastes are, but she still doesn't do much for me as a character.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 10, 2017 2:03 AM

Jul 2012
That was not that bad, couple of funny moments, but it still was episode of Lefiya ...
Jun 10, 2017 2:32 AM

May 2012
Liking the insight into Ais' actual thoughts during her training with Bell. Otherwise, had I only seen the parent story, I would've considered her as pretty bland. Also pretty interested in what happened to her parents during that brief flashback, but I'm assuming they didn't die at the very least, yet(?)

I'm loving the blooming friendship between Lefiya and Filvis. She's really opened up to Lefiya, huh ;_;

Jun 10, 2017 3:08 AM

Dec 2015
First time that I find myself NOT being irritated by Lefiya's presence, she was actually doing something!!

Tsubaki-san looking good, I'll take her up on that offer is she doesn't mind :33

Hestia being best girl like usual heh.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 10, 2017 4:54 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
joe_g7 said:
First time that I find myself NOT being irritated by Lefiya's presence, she was actually doing something!!

Tsubaki-san looking good, I'll take her up on that offer is she doesn't mind :33

Hestia being best girl like usual heh.
You read my mind on everything lol

But Lefiya's constant whining over Bell did get a bit annoying for me though
Jun 10, 2017 5:14 AM
Dec 2016
eh this episode was pretty decent...Lefiya annoying as hell ...we can finally seen some Bell moments and then comes Lefiya and ruines it totally...god... someone pls just shoot her
Jun 10, 2017 5:24 AM

Dec 2013
Ais training Lefiya was always going to be a joke since Ai's doesn't even really know how to train a close-range combatant like Bell, much less a long-range sniper like her. That's why her concurrent training with Filvis was necessary.

And yes getting Ais' point of view solves a lot of stuff that was an issue for some people for the original series.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 10, 2017 6:04 AM

Feb 2014
Lefiya was getting NTR'd pretty hard by Ais. Lefiya's constant facial expressions because of that was really funny. XD

Although she did rabble on about wanting to train with Ais a bit too much, at least she's doing something more productive, mainly with her training with Filvis. It was nice to see the two of them calling each other by their first names too, so that's pretty nice to see.

Bell was entertaining to watch him train and also his attempt to run away from Ais earlier in the episode had his face crash into a man's crotch and also Ais' plump butt. Nice. =3

Overall, a pretty good episode this was, even though Lefiya did get a lot of screentime, I didn't find her that irritating.
Jun 10, 2017 6:55 AM
Apr 2016
In this episode Lefiya was ten times more annoying than usual. Hopefully she turns her affections to Filvis instead so that she calm down a bit
Jun 10, 2017 7:25 AM
Mar 2015
Nothing worse than a training arc and a jealous girlfriend
Jun 10, 2017 7:28 AM

Sep 2014
It's amazing how Lefiya almost single-handedly brought at least -1 to this shows final score.
kek
Jun 10, 2017 7:51 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Lefiya was the "Queen" of the episode ;)
Jun 10, 2017 9:03 AM
Jul 2018
Cleaned.

Do not ask where to watch an episode and do not give links out. Warnings/bans will be handed out in these cases. Stick to talk on the episode itself.
Jun 10, 2017 9:45 AM

May 2010
Lennevalkyrie said:
Lefiya was twice as annoying this ep... I used to be able to stand her but i'm at my limit otherwise decent episode.
Totally. You echo my thoughts on this.
Jun 10, 2017 9:50 AM

Aug 2013
Not a bad episode. It had its moment.

Filvis was cute when she was blushing. It was nice to see a Bell and Hestia.

Jun 10, 2017 10:35 AM

Jan 2010
an episode for lefiya and her delusions it's always a bad episode, even hestia couldn't save it
Jun 10, 2017 11:51 AM

Jan 2017
at first i was quite skeptical about this anime since i read that it is the original danmachi from aiz's view.
but since i started i realized it's more about her life and it's actually quite enjoyable... but i don't remember ever seeing lefiya in danmachi

i think, even she ain't a great character, lefiya gave way for depth since she has been the stepping stone for aiz's story and she's actively involved in the episodes thus far
i cant wait to see how their stories are going to intertwine in a third season 'cause they'll have to now focus on two views at once with depth since they've both have basically now explained their stories.

the only story i've ever seen continuity whilst using different views is rick riordan's 'heroes of olympus' (percy jackson series)
i wonder if there's an anime which tackles many views in continuity? (anyone know any; drop a comment on my profile if you do)
Jun 10, 2017 11:51 AM

Sep 2013
Lefiya cheating on Aiz with Filvis after all her jealousy :)
Jun 10, 2017 11:53 AM

Jan 2017
@L-Ryoshi

honestly, i cannot stop looking at your signature gif
Jun 10, 2017 11:59 AM

May 2015
I totally ship Filvis and Lefiya.

Jun 10, 2017 12:23 PM

Dec 2014
That Lefiya is one annoying lesbian elf...

“There are two kinds of arrogance. One where you are unequal to the task and one where your dreams are too big. The former is commonplace stupidity... but the latter is a rare species that is difficult to find.”

Jun 10, 2017 12:56 PM

Oct 2013
Haha cranky Lefiya was hilarious. Ah now I see who Aiz wants to catch up to
Jun 10, 2017 1:20 PM

Apr 2013
Most hated Lefiya is back in the spotlight this ep. S'funny that she pretty much blackmailed Ais - give me private lessons or i'll tell everyone you're training Bell. What a fucking bitch. And on top of that, what can Ais possibly teach her? She's a pure mage, and Ais is a swordswoman.
Jun 10, 2017 2:54 PM

Nov 2013
curzon17 said:
Most hated Lefiya is back in the spotlight this ep. S'funny that she pretty much blackmailed Ais - give me private lessons or i'll tell everyone you're training Bell. What a fucking bitch. And on top of that, what can Ais possibly teach her? She's a pure mage, and Ais is a swordswoman.

maybe the blackmail was bad it's not like she was gonna tell anyone anyway...but it's obvious she just wants to be with her idol, even if she can't learn anything...how is that a strange/bad thing?
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jun 10, 2017 3:21 PM

Jul 2015
Finally Hestia and Bell are receiving their deserved screentime.

Jun 10, 2017 3:25 PM

Oct 2012
ariel_nugie said:
Im the only one who think Lefiya is funny here. Not annoying at all XD

Nah, I think she's fine. She strives to do her best. And her misunderstandings were funny. I think she's a good lens for the series.
Jun 10, 2017 5:48 PM

Jul 2009
Aww, Lefiya found her rebound
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jun 10, 2017 10:37 PM

Jan 2011
12 minutes in and Lefiya's back on her bullshit. Seriously this whole idol/yuri/pedestal business fucking neutered Lefiya for me and bring this quality of this show down to those bullshit magical school/ shows we get every fucking 6 months. Shut the fuck. Up, Already.

Edit: Guess there was some significance to her meeting up with the brunette elf other than them blushing back and fucking forward at each other. Still, Lefiya's bullshit mental masturbation and jealousy over Ais wasted too much time for me to really hold interest. We've had to have lost a solid episode without credits included to Lefiya's fuckry. And someone had the gal to get pissed at 30 second screen time of Hestia.
QWERTYFish25Jun 10, 2017 10:56 PM
Jun 10, 2017 11:31 PM

Jan 2017
For first time, I guess Lefiya in this episode totally worth to watch, seeing her suffering and her funny scene. and yay, got to see three(or six) cool characters debut. Tsubaki, captain for hephaistos familia, this really got me hype up and hope for DanMachi season 2. and the catman and four prums, not really sure if that is really them but they are the strong people from Freya Familia.

The training scene is not really what I expect for, disappointed, anyone who read sword oratoria, is that really it, the training scene or there is more?
Jun 11, 2017 4:50 AM

Mar 2015
Still keeping the faith for Aiz & Bell!

From this ep. I have the feeling that Aiz is going to find out what happened to her Mother when they get down to the 59th floor.

I think a Party formed of Bell, Aiz, Ryu and Filvis would be awesome!
The sword that takes life gives life
Jun 11, 2017 8:24 AM

Mar 2013
Funny how I love Rem but can't stand Hestia at all :/
Jun 11, 2017 11:22 AM
Jul 2015
Through the whole episode I just wished Lefiya would die. Seriously she is the most annoying character I've ever seen. I almost dropped the whole series because of her. Horrible episode!
Jun 11, 2017 4:26 PM

Sep 2015
Hestia!!!! :3 Hope to see more of Bell and Hestia
Jun 11, 2017 4:40 PM

Jan 2015
Can someone give a logical explanation why is this annoying lefiya shown so much??? So annoying and ais should be the MC, not her... is it just to piss the viewers off?
Jun 11, 2017 4:41 PM

Jan 2015
QWERTYFish25 said:
12 minutes in and Lefiya's back on her bullshit. Seriously this whole idol/yuri/pedestal business fucking neutered Lefiya for me and bring this quality of this show down to those bullshit magical school/ shows we get every fucking 6 months. Shut the fuck. Up, Already.

Edit: Guess there was some significance to her meeting up with the brunette elf other than them blushing back and fucking forward at each other. Still, Lefiya's bullshit mental masturbation and jealousy over Ais wasted too much time for me to really hold interest. We've had to have lost a solid episode without credits included to Lefiya's fuckry. And someone had the gal to get pissed at 30 second screen time of Hestia.

Coulndt've said it better... i hope she will die soon....
Jun 11, 2017 7:32 PM

Feb 2009
I was really sad to see the focus go back on Lefiya. I'm done with her as a character, leave Ais alone and stop trying to sink the BellxAis ship lol.

What she SHOULD do is pick up on the vibes that Filvis is laying down...

Cuz yuri elves together is HOT XD

Jun 12, 2017 5:47 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Interesting episode

Ains finally got the chance to apologize to Bell which was a good thing and one that's been bothering Ains for some time. It was nice seeing Bell again though this time as a support character. It was nice to see Ains inner thoughts as she offered to train Bell as well. Because apart from training him because she saw that he didn't have anyone to train with its's also apparent that there was another reason for that as well. To think the reason was that she wanted to determine how Bell is improving so much though. It's also nice that in addition to Ains and Bell that Leafiya also wants to improve herself and be more useful to the familia and to Ains. Even though Leafiya's growth in ability has already been pretty surprising its still nice to see her with this attitude. Man watching Leafiya chase after Bell after his suspicious exit was hillarious though. Its nice to despite having a clear goal that Ains also realizes that she's also using Bell as well. Lol Being chased by a woodland fairy eh. I guess a woodland fairy would be a good term to describe Leafiya i guess. Leafiya's reaction on seeing Bell with Ains though was hillarious. Wow Leafiya's expression in the guild hall after though was so sullen and downcast. Well its nice that in the end Ains and Leafiya managed to clear that up. Her downcast look really doesn't suit Leafiya at all. I prefer her to be happy and positive instead. Hmm i can see why Leafiya from here would be jealous of Bell then. Lol but at least Leafiya finally managed to get Ains to train her though.

Combat training with Ains though looks pretty painful. Its kinda funny seeing Leafiya worry about the training that Ains and Bell have though.
Even funnier that her worst fears have actually been confirmed about the lap pillow. Though Bell didn't do this intentionally though lol. Lol training with Ains is going to be pretty hard on Leafiya i think given the fact that she hits so hard. Got to admit her determination though. Seeing the contrast between Bell and Leafiya's progress though is interesting. Leafiya really doesn't need to worry too much about Bell anyway since the two have different roles on the field after all. But lol i guess visualizing Bell taking Ains away from her actually serves as a pretty good motivator. Rivals always are a good source of motivation as they can motivate you to get better than them. In this i think Leafiya's growth would progress pretty fast due to her strong magic capability. Hmm the insight into Ains childhood was also pretty interesting. I can't actually picture Ains as a kid though. Hmm it does seem that whoever is behind the scenes does want Ains and her friends to get to lv59 though.

Hmm this episode featured quite a few characters that were main characters in the main series. Its nice to see that Leafiya's rivalry with Bell is ensuring that she's trying hard to improve herself though. The jealously that she displays towards Bell is quite funny as well. Still on a side note its nice to see that Filvis is now less quiet and more positive than before. This is all thanks to Leafiya's determination in trying to help her and her trust in her. Plus its nice seeing Filvis be more human and act embarrassed though. The opportunity to train with someone as skilled as Filvis though i think will be a great opportunity for Leafiya especially since they are both mages after all. It was funny seeing both get embarrassed though but i guess to both this is the first true friendship that they had.

Hmm Looking at the roles of Filvis and Leafiya though both are mages Filvis is actually a magic swordswoman that uses both swords and magic in her attacks while Leafiya is a pure mage. In this there's little that she can actually teach Leafiya. Though her idea of not using hasty spells and focus on using stronger and well formed ones was good advice. A mage after all should focus on avoiding enemy attacks while supporting the frontlines and waiting for her spells to be fully formed. Now that will be a good reason to use concurrent chanting. The insight into what happened to Ains's parents was also interesting. Leafiya's foundation for concurrent chanting was already there to begin with its just that she didn't get the chance to really practice it. As such i think that her training with Filvis is actually progressing pretty well if her first try is anything to go by. I guess its been a while since Filvis actually had a close friend that she can call by first name though but she looks so cute when she's embarrassed. But this is a good first step for her to further walk out of her shell. Hmm but i was surprised that Filvis as a result of their improved friendship actually one of her spells to Leafiya though. Guess she really cherishes her newfound friendship with Leafiya then. A shield will be a great help and asset to Leafiya though. Hmm and we also get to see Hestia as well too. This episode is full of characters from the main series. I forgot how attached Hestia was to Bell and how she viewed Ains lol. Hmm that ambush in the end sure was unexpected.

Hmm Loki's declaration to the guild about the expedition though made it sound like it will be a easy one. But looking at Finn and the veterans though it can be seen that its anything but. Ains also looks like she's bothered by what her opponent said to her last time as well. Lol Eina's reaction to the news as Ains told her what happened when she saved Bell though. Lol this time Ains isn't letting Bell run away from her. It was funny watching both of them apologize to each other though. Lol i forgot how awkward Bell actually was around Ains though but i guess given her standing its to be expected. Lol Leafiya's fantasies are always so funny. Hmm its funny how much Leafiya actually wants Ains to accept her as a person that she can rely on though. Have to admire her determination though. Bell's reactions to seeing pretty girls like Ains and Leafiya is pretty cute though. Hmm lol Bell's reaction to Leafiya's question made him even look more suspicious lol. Loki's reaction to that busty sword smith though was hillarious.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 12, 2017 7:47 AM

Aug 2009
most of the time i find lefiya anoying (not as much as hestia) but in this ep i think she did fine, it was fun to watch her with filvis.
Jun 12, 2017 9:46 PM

Mar 2016
Best episode of the anime so far! Not much action but the character interactions the dialog and the comedy was on point this episode! I'm glad to see Bell get more time and it was fun seeing him compete with Lefiya for Aiz's time lol
PS Hestia is bestia!!!
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Jun 13, 2017 10:56 AM

Mar 2014
I smell a death flag for Lefiya ?! :)
I mean..."Please come back alive" are our magic words of death :D
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2017

70 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Feb 27, 10:28 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2017

54 by Donkunsan »»
Feb 24, 3:22 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2017

136 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 9:05 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2017

84 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 26, 2017

48 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 9:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.