Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 4 Discussion

WorldEnd: What Do You Do at the End of the World? Are You Busy? Will You Save Us?
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
May 3, 2017 6:08 PM

Oct 2016
DirectorK said:
Germs_N_Spices said:
You should realize he's not a real soldier and he'd only gotten the empty title of Second Technician through connections (namely, Grick and Nygglatho). He's formerly a quasi brave but that's different from being in the military, and he's very much aware of that fact when he signed up for this job.

And yet he still fought those very same monsters that the girls are fighting in his past life. We all saw that he did before he was frozen. Therefore he should know exactly what these girls are going through and will be going through as the others get older.

Firstly, he fought gods, not beasts
Secondly, waiting for the unknown is a lot different, and arguably much more emotionally taxing, than going to fight himself. You'll probably get to see how this affects Willem next episode.

One thing the anime did not mention is that Willem believed the girls only had a 5% chance of survival.
Germs_N_SpicesMay 3, 2017 6:13 PM
May 3, 2017 7:29 PM

Jun 2015
Wow, definitely scared me when they said the battle failed. Next episode is most likely information on the battle.
May 3, 2017 9:20 PM

Jan 2013
Pretty great ending.
Will only get more dramatic from here.
May 3, 2017 10:50 PM

Dec 2014

Knowing and being able to act coldly because he knows it are two different things. The girls gave us the wrong perception about his character which, I'd dare to say, is much more in line with what we saw at the end of the episode. Ithea herself said that he usually tries to play cool and was taken aback by his reaction. Nygglatho said something similar when he made pudding for the kids; that he wasn't acting like himself. But who is Willem, and do these girls really know him well enough to be able to judge his character? Not atm, no.

So far he was always the one going to battle and didn't have a clue about the feelings of those waiting at home for his return. He thought a couple of times, during this past month, about how the people at the orphanage must have felt and if it was similar to how he was worried about the three girls now.

He made a promise with Chtholly, which was similar to the one he did with Almaria in the past. He wasn't able to fulfill that promise, and that hurt him deeply. He made a new promise now, even if the chances of their return were almost none. This time she came back and fulfilled the promise he wasn't able to respect. That too played a role in how he acted.

Lastly, he was a father figure in his old orphanage.
That side of him is still there, and no matter how much he tries not to get attached to them, he views the fairies as his daughters; he can't help but keep worrying about their faith.
So more than a manager taking care of his weapons, he is more like a father worrying about his daughters.
AnathorMay 3, 2017 11:25 PM
May 4, 2017 1:21 AM

Jul 2007
DirectorK said:
Germs_N_Spices said:
You should realize he's not a real soldier and he'd only gotten the empty title of Second Technician through connections (namely, Grick and Nygglatho). He's formerly a quasi brave but that's different from being in the military, and he's very much aware of that fact when he signed up for this job.

And yet he still fought those very same monsters that the girls are fighting in his past life. We all saw that he did before he was frozen. Therefore he should know exactly what these girls are going through and will be going through as the others get older.

There's absolutely no indication he fought beasts and there's no explanation yet in show on what the creature he fought was.
May 4, 2017 8:32 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
Fai said:
DirectorK said:

There's absolutely no indication he fought beasts and there's no explanation yet in show on what the creature he fought was.

Not knowing anything about the creature he did fought against could at least open the possibility it could be one of the beast. I know that is not the case, but it could have been the case.
May 4, 2017 10:19 AM

Nov 2011
Of course they have taken a handful of the drama, if it had not been for the beginning a somewhat surreal and fun at the same time, the narration was heavy to digest. Not bad that there was a brief bracket on Tiat's character.

Lelouch0202 said:

The Lizard Romance in the beginning had me laughing. xD

I agree! I laughed very heavily. X°°D
May 4, 2017 2:04 PM
Aug 2015
The reunion had my nose burning some. good episode. Didn't think i would like this series but loving it so far.
May 4, 2017 3:22 PM

May 2015
Got as much mindbreaked as our boy :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 4, 2017 4:20 PM

May 2016

I know and understand all that. I'm not saying he doesn't have a right to feel that way given what he went through before. Any parent and/or military leader would probably feel the same way if they had gone through what he did. There's nothing wrong with showing compassion towards those under your care, but you have to know where to draw the line between your emotions and your job. If you let your emotions get the better of you, then you'll end up doing something you won't be able to undue and will haunt you for the rest of your life.
"You talk too much. Think too much."
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"If you're not going to be nice to me, don't expect me to be nice to you."
"I'm a soldier, not a superhero. Don't ever think of me as one."
"The world doesn't revolve around you. Get that through your thick skull."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
"You want something go get it. Period."
May 4, 2017 5:24 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
I feel odd ways about this one - positive odd ways, but odd in the sense that I've yet to see anything I've found remotely intense or gripping about it but I still feel like it's one of these series that requires an extra-specific attention to dialogue to get the gist of it. Like, better read than watched.

Overall I like it so far, and the character designs in particular are cute, but I do sort of feel like this whole setting and tone so far would be nice to curl up under a blanket and read on a cold day moreso than anything. Idk, it's a weird thought I had during this episode that I just wanted to share. I'm completely unfamiliar with the source material.

May 4, 2017 7:04 PM

Aug 2015
Lizard couple is best couple. OTP happened. 10/10.

That reunion went differently than what we were expecting with Willem moving faster than their eyes could follow.
May 4, 2017 9:32 PM
Apr 2017
-_Shiro_- said:
i was going to give it my "loved it" but right at the end... Chtholly u didn't have to slap him (>人<)

Agree, that scenes will be better without the slap, i'd prefer a fist or a kick instead.
May 4, 2017 9:46 PM

Jul 2013
Great episode, but I realllllly wish the whole "girl slapping a guy for hugging her" trope would die. It ruined the mood and was pretty cliche. Aside from that, enjoyable episode.
May 4, 2017 10:27 PM

Jul 2007
psychoalchemist said:
Great episode, but I realllllly wish the whole "girl slapping a guy for hugging her" trope would die.

There's nothing cliche or tropey about a bratty child who is uncomfortable with her emotions or empathy, acting out in a less than refined manner. Its no different from Tiat struggling and shouting to put her down when Willem saved her midway through episode.

It would have been cliche if it was played for comedy but it clearly is not.
May 5, 2017 10:37 AM
Apr 2017
Fai said:
psychoalchemist said:
Great episode, but I realllllly wish the whole "girl slapping a guy for hugging her" trope would die.

There's nothing cliche or tropey about a bratty child who is uncomfortable with her emotions or empathy, acting out in a less than refined manner. Its no different from Tiat struggling and shouting to put her down when Willem saved her midway through episode.

It would have been cliche if it was played for comedy but it clearly is not.

Only girl who think she in the same age range will slap a guy, a child can do what ever they want but they won't slap a adult. It's like Kutori want to state that she isn't a child anymore, but it still feel cliche.
May 5, 2017 4:56 PM

Mar 2009
Thankfully, this episode had a happy ending. I was worried for a bit...
May 5, 2017 5:49 PM

Dec 2013
Glad this didn't end off with a cliffhanger.
May 5, 2017 7:39 PM

Jan 2013
Another fantastic episode, this anime is a +8 for me now, loving it.
For a moment i thought that one of them died...
That hug :3 He should have hugged the other girls too.
Tiat is so cute, all of the are but Tiat was in this episode xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 6, 2017 5:55 AM

Apr 2015
thank god nothing bad happen to those girls...
May 6, 2017 8:30 AM
Mar 2012
Tiat cute lizard fan trying to grow up too fast & fight. Felt this racial diversity, town dynamics, Zootopia (bunny getting bullied...) + Baymax.
Gandalf statue... he's in the OP, maybe Willem recognized him. Lol the couple slap foreshadowed the Ctholly slap.
cyclops? birdman?
Funny reunion, but Willem really lost it this episode.
May 6, 2017 12:49 PM

Nov 2015
Can someone change the Profile picture of this anime...its unpopular because of it
You cannot spell Light without L
May 6, 2017 9:17 PM

Oct 2008
That was a sweet, desperate, and full-of-worries hug to Chtholly!
5/5.

May 7, 2017 5:39 PM

Aug 2015
Episose went by so fast, The girls were alive though that's just expected it's still early for them.
May 7, 2017 5:39 PM

Feb 2013
That hug at the end made the episode worth it.

I'm guessing this anime will never show us the girls in battle. It seems they want to build suspense around NOT showing it. ... they're doing a pretty mediocre job of it so far...
May 7, 2017 5:58 PM

Nov 2016
Little tsundere Tiat's too cute. That dog woman was probably the captain lizardman's lover.
May 7, 2017 7:50 PM

Mar 2017
Damn I love this episode...Im just Glad that ren and chtolly and Ithea save :')
Rare to see badass MC broke from Waifu (fake) death news
The ending song is beautiful as always...
May 8, 2017 10:04 AM
Jun 2016
So glad they're alive. Not keeping my hopes up though. :'( I agree the setting is great. That OP song is so good too.
May 8, 2017 10:05 AM

Aug 2015
An excellent episode that highlights Willem's anxiety for Chtholly and the other girls. Moreover, to insert Willem's dream at the beginning of the episode was a very good idea, so we could see his distress evolving gradually.
Sad to see the inevitable future awaiting these children.

The soundtrack is incredible and has a key role in the atmosphere of the anime.

5/5
May 8, 2017 12:09 PM

Jun 2013
Another great episode!
May 9, 2017 4:54 AM

Oct 2014
BurntJelly said:
That hug at the end made the episode worth it.

I'm guessing this anime will never show us the girls in battle. It seems they want to build suspense around NOT showing it. ... they're doing a pretty mediocre job of it so far...

They are gonna show it, at the pace they are going at now, in Episode 6,, but the battles themselves aren't really the main point of the series.

Expecting otherwise is completely missing the shows core message.
May 9, 2017 8:59 PM
Mar 2017
Yeah my favorite character not die, and this anime plot romance very good
May 10, 2017 2:50 AM

Jul 2014
Willem's true personality and his feelings for the girls is so pure~
I'm so glad the trio is alright.
May 13, 2017 4:03 AM

Dec 2014
Boring episode. Chtholly was annoying.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 24, 2017 2:05 AM

Apr 2010
That speed jump when he saw her back haha, guess someone cares about them huh.
YT: Gaming (gw2,...), cons and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/Vercammen312
Monster girls club card: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=27137
See profile for exemples.
May 30, 2017 8:17 PM

May 2011
Glad to see that all three of them are safe. Willem used the same flash ability as the first episode, wonder how he got it.
Jun 4, 2017 6:53 AM

Jul 2009
Tiat is so cute, it's sad that from now on she is ready to fight...
I am glad the girls are alive from the battle!!!
Jun 19, 2017 10:03 PM
Jul 2018
umm... they didnt show the battle. Well looks like I was the one who didnt understood the mood of this episode :\
Jun 27, 2017 4:46 PM

May 2012
Nice episode, especially that ending :3 looking forward to see what's next.
Jul 10, 2017 7:06 PM

Feb 2014
He only hugged the blue-haired girl...

That was a little hidoi to the others....
Jul 16, 2017 1:49 PM

Aug 2016
That ending welcome feels too much out of place and character to me. And why he didn't hugged other two? Oh poor Rem. I mean Ren.
Martin_TaylorJul 16, 2017 1:58 PM
Aug 2, 2017 2:37 PM

Mar 2016
im too soft(っ˘̩╭╮˘̩)っ I'm falling in love with this animuuu

TeddyMainGAug 2, 2017 2:40 PM
Bruneian
Here
Feel
Free
To
Add
Mehh
You
Fkin
Scrub
Aug 2, 2017 2:42 PM

Mar 2016
Martin_Taylor said:
he didn't hugged other two? Oh poor Rem. I mean Ren.

i see what u did there ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
Bruneian
Here
Feel
Free
To
Add
Mehh
You
Fkin
Scrub
Aug 11, 2017 4:40 PM

Dec 2016
I thought at least one of the three was going to be dead, I'm glad all three survived and I hope this isn't just a facade and that they won't all just die later on into the show
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Aug 27, 2017 2:32 AM

Apr 2015
Not particularly great, some slightly cringey moments and average visuals.
Dec 30, 2017 9:51 PM
Dec 2009
So far, every episode has been just as good or better than last...I need more numbers to vote with. 5/5 ain't cutting it T_T T_T
Oct 4, 2018 7:49 PM

Mar 2017
Oh god this episode was a masterpiece, I hope we can find more about his ability
Jan 25, 2019 1:57 AM

May 2009
This episode starts very poorly. Instead of building tension in the days after the girls leave, we're thrown 2 weeks into the future and expected to understand how much Willem misses Chtholly who he's mostly treated indifferently up to this point.

The "Chtholly, get me a hammer please" scene for example made no sense. So far, Willem and Chtholly have never been so close that they're around each other all the time, in fact, Willem hangs out with Nygglatho more than Chtholly. He then freaks the fuck out even though Chtholly-tachi have already been gone for two weeks. Two weeks is a long time, I'm less than 4 minutes in to the episode and you don't see me running up and down my hallway looking for Chtholly. I was told once that she left to battle and I can retain that information for a decent amount of time, why is Willem freaking his shit? Of course, this is all passed off as being a dream in an attempt to excuse how stupid it is.

Exploring the town with the green leper was fun. I forgot why we came to town in the first place, but it was enjoyable until we got to the destination where we were instantly met with a giant ball of questions concerning Nygglatho. I'm sure the director meant for the whole "tuning" thing to be a more pressing matter, but I couldn't focus on that because seeing a real troll and how little it resembled Nygglatho got me thinking more than the vague talk about tuning that they were going on about.

They also mentioned at some point that Tiat is a fairy which confused me. I thought they were leprechauns. I was promised leprechauns, where are they at?

I'm not usually a big fan of furries, but the one in this episode was quite cute with her hat, so I will excuse her for keeping her blade sheathed. But only this once, next time somebody bumps in to her, there will be blood.

The last scene was absolute garbage. After everyone starts running around in a hurry and Willem asks the random pig what's up, the pig says "it's confidential" or w/e which is fine and everything, but then Willem shows the pig his rank and that seems to do the job. The pig is at attention and ready to report, this should be good enough, but no. Willem decides to waste everyone's time explaining further to the pig just how important he is and why he needs to be told the info that the pig has been ready to give him for that past minute. Props to this pig for staying professional while Willem derps out. The garbage doesn't end there. After hearing the news that "island 15's defense has failed" Willem absolutely loses his shit. Generally speaking, the fact that a defensive line has failed doesn't mean that everyone was massacred. There are plenty of ways to fail at defending a territory without everyone dying and it isn't normal for a person to assume anyone specific has died after hearing those words. Even if the pig had said that they dropped a nuke on the island, it's pretty normal to assume that maybe, possibly, your fairy girlfriend who you barely cared about last episode made it out alive.

Of course, nobody watching this anime thought for a second that anyone died, and they didn't. They're walking behind him.

After his anime dash to hug Chtholly, Willem hugs Chtholly without her hair in his arms, this means he pulled off an extremely precise and awkward hug by slithering his hands between her hair and her back. The idea of this made me laugh and is the best part of this episode.

Willem's actions were so out of character that the two side-girls felt the need to feed us excuses for it.

Latest Review
Kino's Journey
Apr 8, 2019 3:29 PM

Jul 2015
the moment she slapped him is the moment i dropped this show with a 1/10
Aug 7, 2019 6:47 AM

Aug 2014
wow nice episode :) I like this anime I wodner why its not ranked a little higher. Maybe later will be bad?
I got mixed feeling if they should or not show the battle how they fought but I think they will not.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2017

460 by -ODA- »»
Apr 26, 9:48 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2017

133 by toralbabs »»
Nov 6, 2023 7:11 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2017

148 by toralbabs »»
Nov 6, 2023 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2017

144 by toralbabs »»
Nov 5, 2023 2:04 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2017

130 by toralbabs »»
Nov 3, 2023 8:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.