Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 15, 2017 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, the OP song with clips made this look even more good.

I still don't like the Souta much, he just seems so unappealing. Celestia and Meteora are still adapting way better with society than I had expected. Compared to the first episode, this one felt more lighthearted.

Looks like one magical girl (Mamika Kouki) from the promo got introduced this week. Cute girl for sure. I don't think she and Celestia are going to get along well though. That Yuya guy might be tough to deal with too.
Apr 15, 2017 9:11 AM

Aug 2015
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

I still don't like the Souta much, he just seems so unappealing. Celestia and Meteora are still adapting way better with society than I had expected. Compared to the first episode, this one felt more lighthearted.

Looks like one magical girl (Mamika Kouki) from the promo got introduced this week. Cute girl for sure. I don't think she and Celestia are going to get along well though. That Yuya guy might be tough to deal with too.

When Celestia started asking about Souta's fanart I thought she was going to end up finding dojinshi of herself.

lul
Apr 15, 2017 9:12 AM
Jul 2014
Stark700 said:

From watching the Japanese version without subtitles, here are my thoughts:

The episode spends roughly half of its time discussing the mechanics of how the worlds became merged, with Meteora falling into her role as "tutorial girl" once again.
Meteoria and Celesia nominate Souta as their guide, and have him look up the location of Celesia's creator.

This section was a bit boring, but the most interesting part, which really cements the watchability of this show, is seeing the created interact with their creators. Celesia's creator's reaction of "what have you done/how is this possible!" is perfect, but the real icing on the cake is seeing Mamika's reaction to the truth that her world is fake, and her progressive mental breakdown at how ours is a "world of pain" and the fact that her attacks actually can kill people.
Apr 15, 2017 10:24 AM

Sep 2015
This series may come close to FATE/series, rather than Eldnoah or Any series. Either way the foreign existances are summoned and will fight for a reason.

This is series creation is more creative and flashier of course.
valvravetruthApr 15, 2017 10:31 AM
Apr 15, 2017 11:07 AM
Nov 2015
waiting for next episode, we still in introduction stage here, its normal when anime people come to real world to study real world first, also this episode explain its not only anime people, game character also included to be real here, is that mean anything human created even a fan art or normal drawing can come to real world ?

and that pink girl totally mad*k* mag*ca girl / sa*lor M**n reference.
redcobraApr 15, 2017 11:27 AM
Apr 15, 2017 12:02 PM

Dec 2015
OP is just great! The girls are getting used to the modern world while trying to find their creators. Since unfortunately I can't really out my thought into words, I'll just say that this episode was pretty impressive. Well done!
joe_g7Apr 16, 2017 1:38 AM
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 15, 2017 12:13 PM

Feb 2016
Loved most all of it. The interactions of the created were very fun to watch. Still, I would love to have our MC grow at some point. I don't know where the series will take us, but with him fitting the role of a creator, how can he write an entire book in 22 episodes during all this lol.

I can't find any means of him gaining strength making sense, so I assume this story will be the created as the brawn and the MC as the brains/guide. Not my favorite scenario, but we'll see how things progress.
“One ought to hold on to one's heart; for if one lets it go, one soon loses control of the head too.”
Apr 15, 2017 12:13 PM
Sep 2016
It didnt really make sense to me why the magical girl attacked selestia. I feel like they just wanted to have an action scene this episode.
Apr 15, 2017 1:41 PM
Jul 2014
NevrGonaGivUup said:
It didnt really make sense to me why the magical girl attacked selestia. I feel like they just wanted to have an action scene this episode.

Mamika attacked Celestia because (judging by the untranslated version, translation was just released):
1) she was given orders from Himegimi to find them
2) she believes that by aiding a revolution against the creators, she can save her own world
3) she does not accept the idea that her world is merely fiction, and considers the notion unjust/unfair
Apr 15, 2017 1:42 PM
Jun 2015
The ending with the magical girl was great with her realization that her world is not a magical girl show. When you blow shit up you cause trouble for everyone else that could lead to their deaths.
Apr 15, 2017 1:45 PM

Oct 2016
Loved the episode. Its really interesting the idea of characters of videogames and anime in the real world and the authors being the creators or gods. If that goes more better this will definitely be one of my favorite animes.
Apr 15, 2017 2:15 PM

Aug 2013
Celestia vs Magical Girl. Didn't expect Celestia to loose but magical girl had a mental breakdown.

Pretty much another introductory episode. Nothing much happend. At Least we got introduced to a powerful character (Yuuya).

I'm starting to like Meteora even more now after this episode.
LeoApr 15, 2017 2:23 PM

Apr 15, 2017 2:32 PM

Jul 2013
I hope Selesia's creator becomes a recurrent character from now, because he is hillarious (the ending gives me hopes that will be the case).
The magical girl realizing she actually causes heavy damages when she uses her powers in a non-Magical Girl show was priceless.

New character introduced at the end was a badass. Btw, judging only by this key visual (plus the ending and the fact that the magical girl is in the side of the... Gunpuku no Himegimi?):

I think the ones of the left (Selesia, Meteora, the new dude introduced and that mecha boy?) will be the "good guys" and the ones of the right will be on the side of the Gunpuku no Himegimi.
IllyricusApr 15, 2017 3:42 PM
Apr 15, 2017 2:41 PM

May 2009
I wish on the website the genre/work they're based on appeared in their character bio.
Episode started slow but the 2nd half was super fun.
Apr 15, 2017 2:41 PM

Jun 2015
A damn good episode. OP is very good. Celestia and Meteora are adapting well with society. Mamika, who's a magical girl, attacked Celestia. She was petrified when she saw the damage she caused and that her world is fake. The guy that showed up at the end was cool.
Apr 15, 2017 2:50 PM
Jul 2011
she should just summon goku or something
Apr 15, 2017 2:51 PM

Dec 2016
Real question here... So since Selesia is from an anime, does that mean there is a voice actress with the exact same voice as her, or did she get a different voice when she came to the real world, and should she be able to say words that her voice actress never said?? Questions on questions man
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Apr 15, 2017 2:55 PM

May 2009
TheFreycook said:
Real question here... So since Selesia is from an anime, does that mean there is a voice actress with the exact same voice as her, or did she get a different voice when she came to the real world, and should she be able to say words that her voice actress never said?? Questions on questions man

I had the same thought when she met her creator. I kept expecting him to say something like "you even sound like the seiyuu" or something lol
Apr 15, 2017 3:01 PM

Dec 2015
A bit talking at the beginning. Just when it was about to get boring they went to the meeting with that creator ... and we got to see some action.

Creator guy looked like your typical otaku who chose that job cause he likes anime/manga/games (and the girl characters). (Maybe some of the others "creators" are different.)

I liked the new male char (that one who was a rival of the MC in his world). Looking forward to more plot/background info. Seems like the attacks of the magical girl are adjusted so their power is causing real injuries in the human world of the creators.

Edit: Mauchly - the search engine in the anime which looks like google but with a different name ... because of copyright reasons ... might refer to this guy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Mauchly
Apr 15, 2017 3:01 PM

Dec 2014
Good episode though it did feel like another introduction episode.

It was interesting to hear the thoughts of our fictional characters on their scenario and plausible explanations as to why they ended up in the real world. The military girl seems to have a plan.

I like Selesia's creator, dude is actually kinda funny. xD

Best moment was when the Magical Girl realized she actually damaged stuff, talk about getting a reality check. XD
Action and soundtrack are great, glad to see the show keeping the quality.

New guy appeared. :o
Apr 15, 2017 3:09 PM

Aug 2015
I'm still imagining the hilarity if Celestia found lewd dojinshi or fanart of herself in Souta's room. She'd probably get all red and embarrassed and have a very tsun moment with him.
Apr 15, 2017 3:10 PM

May 2016
Selesia's creator getting invested in her fight + the MagiGirl's crash with harsh reality, you've got my full attention.
Apr 15, 2017 3:14 PM

Dec 2007
Still not totally sure how I feel about this series yet.
Seems like it'll take a few more episodes till all of the characters are finally introduced and then the meat of the story will go down.
Apr 15, 2017 3:15 PM

Jan 2015
Man, that OST tho

Great episode, i'm in love with Mamika. When she had the mental breakdown, damn, good shit.

NevrGonaGivUup said:

Yep, the action scene was random, but it was good at least
Apr 15, 2017 3:18 PM

Jul 2015
That was a great episode. I love how that magical girl noticed she caused a fuck load of destruction and tried to bitch out of the fight.
Apr 15, 2017 3:20 PM

Sep 2016
hmm, let's start
-Opening theme is garbage
-the "servants" designs are really plain and bland. purple guy is fine I guess.
-still don't like the MC and new main cast (classic otaku writer)
-infodumps with cheesy and cringe dialogues. to be expected since this anime feels like otaku dreams with fiction characters come true setting

this is like worse fate stay night (which is already bad), gonna keep watching for that purple guy with STAND.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 15, 2017 3:21 PM

Aug 2013
So basically this series feels like a massive "What if anime, games, and other forms of fiction became real?" In other words, the fourth wall is being broken. Deadpool approves of this series. Also, praise Hiroyuki Sawano for his godly music.
Don't believe the hype.
Apr 15, 2017 3:36 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This ep was pretty hype and they managed to explain the world, how they got there and the logic behind it just like I expected it to

Zantius said:
So basically this series feels like a massive "What if anime, games, and other forms of fiction became real?" In other words, the fourth wall is being broken. Deadpool approves of this series. Also, praise Hiroyuki Sawano for his godly music.
Basically this and I LOVE it

So far I like Meteora a lot and Selesia continues to be great as well....The Magical Slayer girl was cute and I felt bad for her considering that she's so innocent and vanilla in all of this

That dude that came at the end tho....And he has a Stand-ish type of thing =o Man I can't wait until everyone appears (I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing the Blonde Lancer girl and the Old Man)
Apr 15, 2017 3:39 PM
Jan 2016
Illyricus said:
I hope Selesia's creator becomes a recurrent character from now, because he is hillarious (the ending gives me hopes that will be the case).
The magical girl realizing she actually causes heavy damages when she uses her powers in a non-Magical Girl show was priceless.

New character introduced at the end was a badass. Btw, judging only by this key visual (plus the ending and the fact that the magical girl is in the side of the... Gunpuku no Himegimi?):

i
I think the ones of the left (Selesia, Meteora, the new dude introduced and that mecha boy?) will be the "good guys" and the ones of the left will be on the side of the Gunpuku no Himegimi.

i think you are right about them and the new char is an evil boss from a game and by looking at the pic, also this episode the opponent could have same chartists(right side of the pic).
i am more concerned about that boy, who the hell is he what's his relationship with this incident
Apr 15, 2017 3:41 PM

Nov 2012
Actually this reminds me of drifters it's just tha they were real unlike these ones.
Apr 15, 2017 3:51 PM
Mar 2013
NevrGonaGivUup said:

thats how its works on her world, she attacks people who disagree to her and eventually makes them submit to her after defeating to her since people cant be killed in her magical girl show for kids world. she thought selestia as villain
Apr 15, 2017 3:51 PM

Jul 2013
dude, this episode DID NOT disappoint. awesome music, visuals continue to be great, introduction to more characters, more lore(? or rather an expansion on what could be happening to cause the connection between fiction and reality).

the madoka rip-off is kind of annoying, but i'm sure she's intended to be that way lol. also i didn't think i'd like the new guy at all judging from the op, but i already love him haha i feel like he's going to be great. i'm REALLY looking forward to the touko fukawa rip-off.

also i agree that mc continues to be milktoast and needs to get a personality, lol. that's obviously not going to happen though since this is being set up as some kind of harem anime. (it may not include ships but the dynamic of this series is set up in a similar way, is what i'm trying to say.)

also i'm surprised this has such a low mal score? i know episode 1 was kind of par for the course but c'mon... episode 2 really blew it out of the park, for me anyway.
Apr 15, 2017 3:56 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
This is basically Fate except without a Holy Grail to fight for... and a lot more meta with how the characters are connected and where they come from

I'm not really sold on the characters on a personal level (they're kinda boring thus far) but I like the idea of seeing anime tropes put into the "real" world and having to experience the obvious flaws of their own shows by witnessing the differences between their old environment and the new one, like how the mahou shoujo got freaked out over the presence of legit blood and injuries during combat etcetera

It's a strange show but it kinda makes you think. Has potential at least, depending on where it goes story-wise moving forwards
Apr 15, 2017 3:57 PM

Aug 2014
I lost count of the times the fourth wall was broken during this episode.

Mamika is like a Madoka/Sakura/Nanoha fusion, was funny how the Mahpou Shoujo tropes were used (even befriends)

buyusetna said:
NevrGonaGivUup said:

thats how its works on her world, she attacks people who disagree to her and eventually makes them submit to her after defeating to her since people cant be killed in her magical girl show for kids world. she thought selestia as villain

Indeed, AKA the Nanoha way.
kofmasterApr 15, 2017 4:03 PM
Apr 15, 2017 3:59 PM
Jan 2011
Would killing the creators kill the creation and with it their world?
Apr 15, 2017 4:01 PM

Nov 2014
I didn't like the first half of this episode, that monologue was way to long and kinda pointless.
The second half was actually interesting and gave me hope that I might like this series after all.

It seems like the pink haired girl, that appeared in this episode, was previously a main character of a magical girls show and she suddenly started argueing with Celestia. Their difference in opinions caused the pink haired girl to start a fight with Celestia, because thats how she always solved all her problems in her story before. She thought that winning the fight would make Celestia think that she's right. But it didn't work. That was a shock to her and she didn't know how to act. Her attacks also totally wrecked all of her surroundings and seriously hurt Celestia - that wasn't a thing in her world either.

So that's the most interesting thing that went down in this show so far and I'm curious to see what'll happen next.

Btw. the guy at the end of the episode has a stand. I'm expecting great things from him.
Apr 15, 2017 4:03 PM

Jun 2014
This episode seemed pretty boring until the fighting started. I normally don't mind infodumps, since it's important to establish the setting and introduce the viewers to the concepts of the world, but the way it was done made it feel, again, kind of boring. The dude who showed up at the end looks and seems pretty fucking cool though, can't wait to see him in action.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 15, 2017 4:05 PM

Aug 2014
hondo12345 said:

Btw. the guy at the end of the episode has a stand. I'm expecting great things from him.

That was more like a Shaman King thing to me xD
Apr 15, 2017 4:07 PM

Mar 2016
Man, this series is soo meta lol
Apr 15, 2017 4:14 PM

Dec 2016
That was another great episode, loving this anime.

14:33 A wild Madoka has appeared! She destroyed half the city.

That rival/final boss is one badass character, it looks like it will be a lot of fun with him around.

Very much looking forward to the next episode.
Apr 15, 2017 4:14 PM

Nov 2010
I think it's pretty much guaranteed the main character is Himegimi's creator.
Apr 15, 2017 4:15 PM

Sep 2016
lHyDrAl said:
and also from the future. 100%.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 15, 2017 4:28 PM

May 2015
Great episode. It's really interesting so far with the concept of creators and their creations brought to the real world. Also want to get my hands on the OST and music, ugh.

Apr 15, 2017 4:54 PM
Jan 2017
Alright it was the ppsh violin last episode, now the Magical Schoolgirl got me. The meta is too strong I wonder where they will take this.
Apr 15, 2017 5:00 PM
Oct 2012
First half boring, a lot of" star trek physics" - but the one real takeaway is that military dress girl is an unfinished character from the MC's world. That is why she knew him. So I expect to see his catgirl character showing up to take possession of him soon.

Second half was better. Glad to see a male character show up - was thinking they would all be female, glad they weren't.

Magic Girl was well done. She is like a snowflake coming up against reality for the first time, she couldn't accept that the someone would continue to fight after being hurt, since in her world, no one ever is. If the writers want, they can do some awesome character development with her from here on out. A cynical Mahou Shoujo?

So we are still waiting to see the "creators" do something, should happen next episode if they have any sense. I hope they do.
Apr 15, 2017 5:07 PM

Jan 2008
I really enjoy the parts where Mamika talks about her world where there is no blood and how she's surprised at all the damage she caused. Mahou shoujo series always seem to have extremely powerful attacks that don't do much damage to their surroundings and many are themed for children so no blood. So the effects of pitting those elements in the real world was pretty interesting to see.

It's a shame these characters aren't actual characters from real series, the connection between viewers and the show would be so much stronger.

New guy had a persona.
PaulApr 15, 2017 5:10 PM
Apr 15, 2017 5:08 PM

Apr 2017
Watching this makes me imagine what would happen if fanfiction OCs came to life too. At the same time as the canon characters, of course. Just imagine the harems that would suddenly happen for characters like Sasuke, Kai, Kaiba, Grey, Kanda, Sesshomaru, Accelerator or any other hot anime dudes.
There's no inherent right or wrong in this universe, but when we think with emotions rather than logic, we make things so.
Apr 15, 2017 5:29 PM
Mar 2017
I actually love this show, i find it to be fun to watch and suprisingly funny in the most subtle of ways. One exaxample is when they're talking about the different worlds and Meteora just breaks the fourth wall with a feather and says that there is a high probability that the world he's in is fictional XD. Also the guy at the end had a "COMPANION" this has to be a jojo reference right!??!!
Apr 15, 2017 5:38 PM

Sep 2014
Is that a stand or a susanoo
Apr 15, 2017 5:47 PM
Jul 2014
Specimen021 said:
Selesia's creator getting invested in her fight + the MagiGirl's crash with harsh reality, you've got my full attention.

Same. The show just keeps getting better for me. The info dump was a bit boring, but it helps to flesh out the world. I didn't mind it. It felt like watching a bit of Bakemonogatari, which is largely defined by its dialogue.

The funny thing is that the theories proposed by Meteora are largely similar to those discussed on this board (in the episode 1 thread). The question at this point is what served as the catalyst for Himegimi's powers to begin acting on the "real" world. It's a very cerebral monologue, actually--especially given how Meteora says that information was monolayered in her world. Essentially, she was implying that everyone sensed in "code" rather than touch, smell, etc.

lHyDrAl said:

This is an increasingly likely possibility. However, it begs the question as to how the suicide of the girl in the first episode is involved. Possibly the catalyst that allowed Himegimi to become aware of her yoke and connect to the "real" world?

I suspect that Himegimi is either the creation of the girl from the first episode, who is somehow related to Souta (who seems to know what Himegimi is in a distant way), or an unfinished creation of Souta himself; the partially hidden drawing in his artbook seemed similar in appearance to her (though it had cat ears).

Also, best comment of the season (and tomato-in-the-mirror) from Celesia: "How would you like it if you were on display 24/7 for people to see and unaware of it?"
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2017

400 by The_Wicker_Man »»
Apr 7, 1:52 AM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2017

236 by The_Wicker_Man »»
Apr 4, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2017

122 by KirinMeta2 »»
Apr 3, 3:33 PM

Poll: » Is Altair the most powerful anime character we have seen yet in any anime? (spoiler) ( 1 2 3 4 )

LelouchXLuluko - Sep 4, 2017

169 by Raptors0verlord »»
Jan 28, 6:03 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2017

267 by Code0018 »»
Jan 10, 12:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.