Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 18, 2017 3:52 PM

Oct 2010
Let me preface this by saying that the scores we see now (when we're only two/three episodes in) generally don't reflect the show's entirety, and for a two-cour series, there's more than enough time to sway the hate/love for this show form where it stands now.

As for why it's scoring low now though, I can venture a few guesses;

-- The show, visually, looks like it was pulled from 2006. I'm half-joking of course when I say that.
-- Some of the dialogue came off as pretentious babble, which would be fine, if it weren't coming from middle schoolers.
-- The main characters, as previously mentioned by a lot of people already, are disinteresting (to say the least).
-- Lastly, the episodes that've come out so far have been a slow slow burn.
"Isn't life, by nature, a contest decided by a single round? However trifling the matter, it's not possible to return to the last save point by pushing some reset button." - Kazuki Hoshino, Hakomari, Vol. 1
Apr 18, 2017 10:17 PM

Dec 2015
new gen watchers can't comprehend this slow paced development. If it's not fan service every scene they'll say its bad and not worth watching
Apr 19, 2017 11:04 AM

Mar 2017
I was kinda surprised when I went to MAL after watching ep1 to check. Personally, I think the anime is interesting right from the episode 1. My friend complained about the characters talking too much and the pace was just too slow, but I myself felt hooked up already (even I felt bored at the beginning of Steins;Gate). I would give Sakurada a solid 8/10 after my first 2 episode. I hope the score will not drop in the future.
Some people might feel the kiss scene is not necessary, the main(s) are just so emotionless, the conversation is one-toned, wt* with killing off (seem like) important character right at the end of ep2, etc... That's why they gave SR such a low score. Well to me I kinda like the odd story, and looking forward for more "odd".
English is not my native language. Sorry for my poor choice of words and crappy grammar.
Apr 19, 2017 11:05 AM

Aug 2015
SimplyKairi said:
new gen watchers can't comprehend this slow paced development. If it's not fan service every scene they'll say its bad and not worth watching

Lol

They can't comprehend, yes! There are 20+ episodes left, the score will grow
Apr 19, 2017 11:41 AM

May 2010
Robiiii said:
much like that one Madhouse anime that aired last season. Started below 7.00 now its 7.7+

Wow so ACCA started below 7? That's weird...
Apr 19, 2017 1:28 PM

Nov 2015
Instead of relying on the MAL ratings alone, you should try checking out the Stats tab of the entries of which you'd like people's opinions.

This is the rating distribution of this anime's scores:

In the above, you can see that most people rated it with 7, which means there are more people who scored it with 7 than those who scored it otherwise. The two runners-up almost tie with each other scoring either 6 or 8. I hope you get the general idea right from here.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 19, 2017 1:34 PM

Jan 2014
Maaayyybe because everything feels lifeless as f*ck. Plain artwork, stiff animations, rather boring and inconsistent personalities and some of the most horribly written dialogue I've witnessed in a while.
Apr 19, 2017 5:36 PM

Jan 2015
8lacKy said:
Maaayyybe because everything feels lifeless as f*ck. Plain artwork, stiff animations, rather boring and inconsistent personalities and some of the most horribly written dialogue I've witnessed in a while.

pretty much summed up my thoughts
Apr 20, 2017 8:18 AM

Jul 2016
Sukeroku said:
I agree with you guys. The anime isn't any masterpiece. I just think that it doesn't deserve to be lower then a few animes that are the scum of the world

I can see what you mean, and to an extent I sympathize - I did drop this show, but I still feel it was prolly better than something like Fuuka. Though, the reason this show has such a low score is prolly that it lacks an audience.

Shows like Fuuka, despite being arguably bad, manage to reach decent scores because, for all their flaws, they manage to hook a certain fanbase which might be insensitive to those specific flaws (not because this fanbase is dumb but because it simply cares about different things). But Sakurada Reset sounds like the kind of show which you would expect to produce interesting characterization etc., and it fell flat on that respect. It's not that SR has more or less flaws than Fuuka, but the flaws of SR are flaws that annoy exactly those kind of people who could enjoy a show like SR. At least, this seems to me the most plausible explanation.

SimplyKairi said:

Uhhhh no. I for one have watched shows with remarkably slow paced development, such as Haibane Renmei or Shinsekai Yori, and have enjoyed them significantly. But there is a marked difference between "slow paced development" and "unbelievable or unrealistic characters". While those two shows take their time building up the setting and the plot, they give us chars which, from the get-go, act and feel like normal people. This is what causes the audience to stay and get hooked - because they begin seeing those people as real people and thus start caring for them. But if the MCs feel like robots, I could not care less about what happens to them, slow or fast paced or w/e.
The appalling thing is that, to make realistic or fresh chars, you don't even need that much airing time, as you may need to set up a deep plot. Even a few lines of dialogue, if properly delivered, can be sufficient to make a char feel real. But dialogue and delivery is exactly where this show fails the most. I really suggest you to either re-watch ep. 1 of Sakurada Reset or go watch other supposedly "slow" anime with much better MAL scores (Shinsekai Yori, for example, has way over 8, and Haibane Renmei has around 8 iirc)

I do not intend to rule out the possibility that some ppl may be turned off simply because of the reasons you pointed out. But if you think everybody who can't appreciate this show just can't understand "slow paced shows", you're kidding yourself.
Apr 21, 2017 9:56 AM
Apr 2016
Simple, a complete dumbass next-generation of "western otakus" guide by the Hype ...
You will find they love Sword Art Online by the hype, and they hate other good stuff with no reason...

Apr 22, 2017 5:39 PM
Dec 2016
Fukka was so dumb and predictable, she made me sick. Things was typically forced to go her way and they magically were in love , shovkwr. Same story and there was no passion..had to bail after episode 6

As far as this anime this anime is not focused and makes more sense than that crap. , sorry I'm really disappointed in Fukka because of my expectations of the old Fukka back in the day, she own hers and things just happen, was not desperate , that this new fukka...
Apr 22, 2017 5:43 PM
Dec 2016
tavog96 said:
Simple, a complete dumbass next-generation of "western otakus" guide by the Hype ...
You will find they love Sword Art Online by the hype, and they hate other good stuff with no reason...

Ummm not true . SAO actually had an interesting story that was not forcedesperate in dialogue or plot, or weird with incest, nor crazy with dubachry, but everyone has their opinion so I digress...moving along🚘
Apr 22, 2017 11:08 PM
Apr 2016
otakudena said:
tavog96 said:

Ummm not true . SAO actually had an interesting story that was not forcedesperate in dialogue or plot, or weird with incest, nor crazy with dubachry, but everyone has their opinion so I digress...moving along🚘

I didn't say SAO was a bad anime... rather I love it, but I started watching SAO without any expectation of.
I am just saying that there is a lot of "newbie otakus" been guided by the Hype, as well they hate underrated animes without any reason...
Apr 23, 2017 7:37 AM

Nov 2009
I simply was not impressed by the arc about an imaginary kid and the protags trying to force the mother to accept said imaginary kid as her own daughter. Well, maybe the next arc will be better, we'll see.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Apr 23, 2017 9:02 AM
Jul 2018
To be honest, what I truly don't understand is WHY people give score to unfinished anime. I mean, how can you base your judgment of a 24 anime episodes by watching just 2 or 3 of them? You are supposed to watch at least half of it.

This said, I don't like this anime characters at all; the story is quite interesting, though. That's what it keeps me going, maybe in the first episodes it looked kinda dull so people decided to drop it and give it a bad score.
Apr 23, 2017 6:08 PM

Jul 2015
8lacKy said:

I agree with everything here lmao
Apr 24, 2017 9:39 AM
Aug 2016
Honestly, an anime's MAL score usually doesn't matter to me much, so I'm gonna sorta hijack this thread to air my grievances with the episode and a half of this show that I watched.

When people call the show lifeless, I don't think that's going far enough. Every element of Sakurada Reset seems like it's trying to evoke the sickly hum of a crappy hospital waiting room- the boring character designs, the uninspired voice acting, the frankly lazy animation, the sleep-inducing colour palette, the aimless plot, the slow-as-snails pacing. Everything builds up to create an experience that is dull, obtuse and, most damningly, unengaging.

Where things really start crumbling badly is the characters. The first episode and a half presents no characters. Sure, we meet human-shaped things with human-like names and human-adjacent voices, but not a single one of these grey-nature homunculi are given nearly enough human personality features to feel real for even a moment. Every "character", as a result, fades back into the white noise of the unrelenting doldrum that is Sakurada Reset.

But there is one thing that breaks the monotony: The nonsense powers. Time-travel chick's powers make no sense: If her power is to reset time, but she also gets reset along with everything else and furthermore she forgets deciding to reset, then there is LITERALLY NO WAY SHE COULD KNOW SHE HAS THOSE POWERS. I'm sorry, it's impossible, her powers are nonsense and remember, she was the first person with powers we met.

When the only thing that breaks the boredom of a show is a stupefyingly-stupid break in logic, that means it's time to drop the show. I drop shows because I think that if I finished them, I'd give it a 4 or below, so seeing Sakurada Reset have a relatively-low score is completely fine with me.
KaguyaShinomiya9May 24, 2017 12:49 PM
Apr 24, 2017 11:49 PM

Jan 2013
Sukeroku said:
The score is lower than fuuka(If you had watched fuuka you know what this means), do you really think that these 2 episodes were so bad? I can't understand the hate

I get it. Fuuka is bad. Terrible even. I agree that it should mean a lot for a show to be below Fuuka because as far as I'm concerned only the select terrible few should be bad enough to be below it.

...This is one of those select terrible few. The only positive thing I could say about this show is the mystery in the 3rd episode finally introduced something interesting to it. However that's it. The characters are dull and lifeless in every way, and have more in common with a book on philosophy than they do with actually people. The powers make little sense and are shoved into the narrative to fit whatever the show needs at the moment, and the show seems to like to add unnecessary confalusion to the characters. It's a mess. And not a good one.

Fuuka was terrible but there were times and moments that it felt like it was on the right track. And it had guts. It may have ended up as cliche as ever but it had the guts to do what was right.
May 2, 2017 2:10 AM

Jun 2015
Sukeroku said:
smartie344 said:
I kinda don't get why people score after the first few episodes? Like, what's the point? I would wait until almost halfway in.

Yes! If the anime will get 12/22/24/25 episodes, why people don't wait? lol

In my case, Its to have an indicator what I thought of the previous episode. But I don't do that anymore I usually wait til episode 3 at minimum.
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
May 2, 2017 12:40 PM

Apr 2014
8lacKy said:

Perfect.

They're trying really hard to be edgy af.
May 3, 2017 4:16 PM

Sep 2011
Katsu-kun said:
8lacKy said:

Perfect.

of all the things to describe this show, edgy is probably the least applicable.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 3, 2017 10:50 PM

Jul 2015
HaXXspetten said:
The characters are like the most boring emotionless androids I've seen in ages

Snoozeworthy af thus far

so like most interesting people irl.
Emotional people and characters suck.
May 3, 2017 10:51 PM

Jul 2015
Best anime of the season aside from Re:Creators for me.

Plot is amazing above average and the main characters are great they are emotionless yes but that is good it goes into develop who they are as people.

I find it weird its got a low rating i would give it an 8 myself.
May 4, 2017 12:35 AM

Apr 2014
JizzyHitler said:
Katsu-kun said:

Perfect.

of all the things to describe this show, edgy is probably the least applicable.

If you say so.

May 4, 2017 2:34 AM

Jan 2014
Watched all eps so far (5).
Basically the characters are all acting way too mature for their age. And the picture gets even worse when you realise that they are just middle-schoolers at the first few eps. The MC keeps deducting the personality of everyone else after five minutes of dialogue every episode. There is still no explanation as to how they know what Haruki's ability is, but it will probably be just "yeah, there is this guy whose ability is telling other people's abilities".
The only good thing that the show has for itself comes if you ignore that almost every character is a high-schooler. Then the characters actually fit and you have a sarcastic and cruel MC playing the good-guy.

Candy-girl ep was an improvement, but it did other stuff wrong. Ep 4 was just ridiculous. Probably worse than the first two, but my body built up resistance to the bullshit. ^^
So yeah, you could say that low score is well-deserved so far.
May 4, 2017 4:51 PM

Jun 2010
There are always people who get bored easily.
May 4, 2017 5:22 PM

Mar 2009
This is a deep anime about purity and being stuck in marbles. Should be 10/10. Absolute masterpiece.
May 5, 2017 10:11 AM

Jul 2015
Ryulightorb said:
Best anime of the season aside from Re:Creators for me.

Plot is amazing above average and the main characters are great they are emotionless yes but that is good it goes into develop who they are as people.

I find it weird its got a low rating i would give it an 8 myself.

I can definitely relate with you, I too find the plot to be very good. The show has been making me think of so many different scenarios; how each power can affect things in this world. Definitely thought provoking. I am really enjoy the personality's of the 2 MC's and how it is slightly evolving as things move along.

I do not understand people saying it is unrealistic when the world of this anime is merely a fantasy world.

I am quite surprised it has received a low score myself. We will see how things go as the series progresses.
Shad0w77May 5, 2017 10:24 AM

May 5, 2017 10:41 AM

Jun 2015
It's still early, It's a fairly good show.

It's enjoyable, but it misses the spark/the action.

It'll get it in the later episodes trust me.

gets a mid-low 6/10 (I don't give a lot of anime a 7+)
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
May 5, 2017 11:09 AM

Nov 2011
Mormegil said:
This is a deep anime about purity and being stuck in marbles. Should be 10/10. Absolute masterpiece.

Agreed, this is the marble Masterpiece anime we needed in our lives.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 6, 2017 12:29 PM

Jul 2009
After 5 episodes I can say that those people are not wrong, this seems going nowhere...
May 12, 2017 2:59 AM

Jan 2008
Becuase it is:
1. Slow as hell.
2. Boring as hell.
3. Poorly written.

The show has the most annoying charatcers in the world, who spew thier life story at the drop of a hat and have to momologue about every single detail at every single opportunity they have. Okada should not be getting any mor work untill she learns how humans act and interact.
May 12, 2017 8:06 AM

May 2012
The anime is not slow at all. THere is a lot of stuff happening per episode. I don't see how it is slow. Stien Gate was slower and barely anything happened in the 1st half if I remember correctly

The show feels like Charlotte but has more serious characters. And I like both of those shows.

And this show is rated so low. I mean even boring garbage like Seikaisuru Kado is rated higher !!
May 13, 2017 4:16 AM

Jan 2014
thepath said:
The anime is not slow at all. THere is a lot of stuff happening per episode. I don't see how it is slow. Stien Gate was slower and barely anything happened in the 1st half if I remember correctly

The show feels like Charlotte but has more serious characters. And I like both of those shows.

And this show is rated so low. I mean even boring garbage like Seikaisuru Kado is rated higher !!

I agree! +1
This anime is really very interesting and intriguing at the same time.
May 13, 2017 5:03 AM

Jun 2016
Lower than Fuuka? What the heck? That anime deserves a rating lower than 4.
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
May 13, 2017 6:25 AM
Mar 2016
It has barely even started yet lol
May 20, 2017 12:33 AM

Apr 2014
Because it doesn't channel enough Re:Zero for the average MAL user to gush over.
May 23, 2017 5:34 AM

Oct 2015
proJektFade said:
Because it doesn't channel enough Re:Zero for the average MAL user to gush over.

The only thing it channels is boredom.
May 24, 2017 12:45 PM

Mar 2017
PianoManGregory said:
Time-travel chick's powers make no sense: If her power is to reset time, but she also gets reset along with everything else and furthermore she forgets deciding to reset, then there is LITERALLY NO WAY SHE COULD KNOW SHE HAS THOSE POWERS. I'm sorry, it's impossible, her powers are nonsense and remember, she was the first person with powers we met.

This IS an interesting point and question. If Haruki doesn't even remember her using ability, how did she know she had one? Maybe there's someone told her about her ability? We have to wait (the anime still has a looong way to go), maybe it will be answered, maybe not (if not I will be very disappointed).
English is not my native language. Sorry for my poor choice of words and crappy grammar.
May 31, 2017 12:07 PM
Jul 2018
PianoManGregory said:
But there is one thing that breaks the monotony: The nonsense powers. Time-travel chick's powers make no sense: If her power is to reset time, but she also gets reset along with everything else and furthermore she forgets deciding to reset, then there is LITERALLY NO WAY SHE COULD KNOW SHE HAS THOSE POWERS. I'm sorry, it's impossible, her powers are nonsense and remember, she was the first person with powers we met.

janadestiny said:

Maybe there's someone told her about her ability?

even if they never explain it, that's most likely why. I mean, as Kei said this episode (9) there are countless powers in Sakurada. Even a power
i don't see why there wouldn't be a power to help identify powers.

It seems there are 2 opinions on this show,
for me, without really looking too deep into stuff, its a good series. It just keeps me interested, especially now.
removed-userMay 31, 2017 12:11 PM
May 31, 2017 12:20 PM

Oct 2014
Rei366 said:
Because the first two episodes are merely a prologue before the intrigue starts out. (for myself: because the illogicaly chained dialogues reminded me of Zeta Gundam)

how did this remaind you of zeta?
all the characters in that show overeact everything and have this crazy mood swings all the time that is really the opposite if the lifeless robots we have in this series
May 31, 2017 12:41 PM

Dec 2015
@gabrielrroiz
gabrielrroiz said:
all the characters overreact and have mood swings

You didn't understand what I wrote:
I said:
Because the illogicaly chained dialogues reminded me of Zeta Gundam

I never mentionned characters attitudes, I was only mentioning the dialogues (as in text lines) themselves. It looks like I am not the only one talking about them:
8lacKy said:
some of the most horribly written dialogue I've witnessed in a while.
May 31, 2017 1:08 PM

Aug 2013
SimplyKairi said:
new gen watchers can't comprehend this slow paced development. If it's not fan service every scene

Fanservice existed even in 80s. This is absolutely not a problem of fanservice. I don't mind fanservice if it's not forced into every scene. Balance is a fundamental thing in every aspect of the series. But yes I agree, new generation aka 2000+ generation is somehow not able to enjoy slow series with lost of dialogues / monologues or just slice of life series.
I would say (paraphrasing you), If it's not action in every scene they'll say its bad and not worth watching. Basically it applies to normalfags as well.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
May 31, 2017 8:11 PM

May 2017
Coz of casuals and their IQ

This series is for intellectual people ONLY. and obviously that's like 1/10 people so do the math you'll get your answer

"a person is smart, people are stupid"

- agent K
Jun 3, 2017 1:35 AM

Mar 2015
Nearly halfway through and it's still scored below 7. I personally think it's an 8+.
Jun 7, 2017 2:05 PM

Mar 2017
janadestiny said:
PianoManGregory said:
Time-travel chick's powers make no sense: If her power is to reset time, but she also gets reset along with everything else and furthermore she forgets deciding to reset, then there is LITERALLY NO WAY SHE COULD KNOW SHE HAS THOSE POWERS. I'm sorry, it's impossible, her powers are nonsense and remember, she was the first person with powers we met.

This IS an interesting point and question. If Haruki doesn't even remember her using ability, how did she know she had one? Maybe there's someone told her about her ability? We have to wait (the anime still has a looong way to go), maybe it will be answered, maybe not (if not I will be very disappointed).

So I was right, part 3 of first arc came out, and turn out there IS some method to know one's ability. And sometimes the Bureau will go and tell that someone about their ability.
Jun 7, 2017 5:21 PM

Jul 2015
I believe it is because of horribly slow pacing.

Jun 18, 2017 11:36 AM

Jul 2014
vong10 said:
Nearly halfway through and it's still scored below 7. I personally think it's an 8+.

You're not the only one. I'm having a really hard time deciding between 8 and 9. So far it's an 8, but I'm seeing myself changing it to a 9 later.
Apr 9, 2018 4:14 PM

Sep 2014
DatRandomDude said:
Directing, characters, their interactions and the overall anime are just so lifeless its sucking the life out of me everytime i watched it so far.

That's quite funny, it's one of the only anime which I ever felt alive watching it. The reason is that everything is literally explained within the show and we discover that the characters actually are very emotional. It's cleverly subtle and, as a result, the characters seem very human.

But I understand the low score this series has. You really need to be into complex and slow show in order to enjoy this.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 15 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2017

44 by Rob7 »»
Mar 28, 2:58 PM

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2017

63 by Rob7 »»
Mar 27, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2017

59 by StateofOhayo »»
Mar 26, 1:30 AM

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2017

77 by StateofOhayo »»
Mar 22, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2017

116 by Bortolo63 »»
Nov 28, 2023 2:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.